[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dms I need your help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: Tarrasque.jpg (59KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
Tarrasque.jpg
59KB, 400x296px
I'm running a long standing high level campaign and I want the final challenge to be the wrath of God's.
>>
The players know it's going to be big.
I tested and encounter with a solar and they took it down quick.

The group consists of
Barb
Pal
Wiz
Fighter

The issue is the tarrasque just seems to powerful.

Have you any experience with sucher a beast?

What gear / tips would you suggest?
>>
If you think the Tarrasque is too much for your players, give them a session in which the Tarrasque is far away from them currently but fast approaching. Maybe the nearby city is launching barrages at the thing but it obviously isn't enough to kill it, giving the players enough prep time to get ready for the true fight. If they decide to rush towards it without preparing, we'll see how it ends for them.
>>
>>53904858
Well I'm just not sure.
They have just reached 20.
They have decent gear and took on a solar 2 deva and a planetar in 5 turns.

I think they are ready.
It's just I have no experience with it.
>>
>>53904899
Admittedly, neither have I. But I know there are some videos online of people discussing the Tarrasque and advice on how to best use him, so maybe check those out.
>>
>>53904899
It's going to get fucked, if your players handle it halfway intelligently.

It's a big dumb monster whose only option is to hit things.

It's the fighter of final bosses.
>>
>>53904693

For some reason the tarrasque in 5e doesn't have regeneration which seems asburd considering that's its main quality.

So give it regeneration 20 per round.

Beyond that just throw it at the players. Have it munching up.the countryside and heading towards their favourite city. The guards weapons are useless against it etc.

Any half compotent party should wreck it at level 20. If you actually want to make it scary have a level 20 druid riding on its back.
>>
I know a munchkin than built a paladin able to solo the tarrasque, with the help of some specific equipment.

shouldn't be too difficult for team with a wizard
>>
>>53905012
List it if you know it.
That sounds mental
>>
File: The DTF.jpg (40KB, 574x269px) Image search: [Google]
The DTF.jpg
40KB, 574x269px
3 words. Dire Terrasque Flail.
>>
>>53904991
OK I'm a bit reassured now.
They will be fighting it in a couple weeks
>>
>>53905031
Weilded by what?
>>
>>53904693
ELDER
V
I
L
S
Why stop for Tarrasque when there are things worse than that and are less widely known?
Atropus, Llymic, Hulks of Zoretha, Leviathan, Pandorym, Ragnorra! Let them taste true impending apocalypse instead of 'roid rage God-zilla.
>>
>>53905099
Are some of these in new book. I'm not familiar with a couple of these?
>>
>>53904693
Make them fight hadar! You already have hand of Hadar and hunger of hadar.
>>
>>53905198
no, they are in old book, for 3.5, called "Elder Evils"
https://mega.nz/#!JyJQCQRZ
>>
>>53905068
A Tarrasque with Tarrasques as limbs!
>>
>>53905198
fug
https://mega.nz/#!JyJQCQRZ!DoTH7_UviaM6lprhRlH6lcLRbgont3pQxP6VZPfGfnk
>>
File: 1345171659543.jpg (2MB, 856x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1345171659543.jpg
2MB, 856x1283px
>>53905253
>>
>>53905018
Don't know how he built it sadly.

But yes it's autustic
>>
>>53905031
>also wielding warhorses
>>
>>53905268
That's awesome!
>>
>>53904693
>>53904731
Honestly?
The level 20 wizard can solo the tarrasque. It is grossly weak. The wizard casts Fly, and that's it, the Tarrasque can't do anything against him. Big T can't even jump too high.

Go with >>53905099 's idea. Elder evils are awesome.
>>
File: fuawou.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fuawou.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>53904693
The limbs of god descend from the sky to physically smite the pcs
>pic related
>>
FINAL final boss- an Awakened Tarrasque that's also a Lich.

Or just slap them in the dick with a Neutronium Golem.
>>
>>53906366
That's not bad!
>>
>>53904693
God's what?
>>
File: immortal's handbook nexus dragon.png (593KB, 1450x1022px) Image search: [Google]
immortal's handbook nexus dragon.png
593KB, 1450x1022px
>>53905334
>Fractarrasque
This has got to be a foe on the level of pic related.
>>
>>53904693
lvl 20 PAM paladin can just delete half of it's hp in one round by smiting the everliving shit out of him, survive the retaliation and then smite the everliving shit out of him the second time. Imagine what a group of lvl 20 guys could do to that thing.
>>
>>53911709
>those stats
>>
>>53904693
I hope you mean 2e or 5e, because if this is 3.5, the Tarrasque can be bested by any competent wizard that's level 20.
>>
>>53904693
>>
File: gMVwzlF.jpg (666KB, 1735x2455px) Image search: [Google]
gMVwzlF.jpg
666KB, 1735x2455px
There are plenty of homebrewed God-like beasties around
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>I want the final challenge to be the wrath of God
Say no more, I have just the monster for you
>>
>>53918858
Do you hate your pc's?
>>
>>53919011
No but I hate my players.
>>
>>53904693
3.5 Deities and Demigods
Don't just give them a god's wrath. Give them the whole god.
>>
>>53923246
Hmmmmm.
But how to stat a god?
>>
>>53923886
There are entire stat blocks in the book for the core gods as well as Greek, Egyptian, and Norse gods. On top of that, they have instructions on how to go about making your own and have a few unique ones as well.
>>
>final challenge is some god being
>it's actually way above their power level, but a bigger god being joins the fray, fighting the first, allowing PCs to escape
>the new objective is to prevent the apocalypse by gathering strength and holy artefacts or whatever to save the world from a war of the gods
>setting turns it up to eleven during this time, with much more dangerous enemies inhabiting the wilderness and widespread panic ensuing

I'm kind of imagining post-Grigori Dragon's Dogma when I think about the kind of apocalyptic feeling, now that I think about it
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.