[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/ Qlippoth or Demons? Which makes t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 39

File: Utukku.png (359KB, 575x662px) Image search: [Google]
Utukku.png
359KB, 575x662px
Paizo Games General /pgg/

Qlippoth or Demons? Which makes the better abyssal spawn?

PoW errata: http://dreamscarred.com/path-war-errata/

Link repository; point out problems if found: https://ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53896299
>>
Is anyone excited for Starfinder? Nobody here gave a shit about the Free RPG Day thing.
>>
>>53902439
I kind of am. I like how it gives you rules to play as a space spider dude.
>>
>>53902423
Qlippoth, easily. I want my CE plane filled with eldritch abominations that make you go insane, not some namby pamby incarnations of sin or whatever demons are supposed to be in pf
>>
>>53902423
Demons have the better fluff, more iconic designs, and have way too many types that go largely unused. If it's not a balor or a succubus almost nobody knows what it is or cares.

Qlippoth have more imaginative designs, but their fluff seems redundant at best, lazy at its worst. I can't take most of them seriously as villains.
>>
Getting a handjob from that thing must feel amazing.
>>
>>53902619
it's also a shapeshifter, so it could totally be a QT with cowtits as it jacks you with it's tentacle hand.
>>
>>53902439
Well, you can't PLAY First Contact. It did reveal a lot more about the rule set, like how it's using Pathfinder Unchained's system for generating monsters for all opposition.
>>
>>53902439
>Is anyone excited for Starfinder? Nobody here gave a shit about the Free RPG Day thing.
What?
>>
>Chavasvug has a fly speed of 60 ft.
w-why
>>
I like the concept of qlippoth, but they didn't get covered much before Bestiary 6; hope the reprint of Book of the Damned gives more detail for them. If I could only pick one to do a campaign with, I think I'd get more mileage out of demons.
>>
>>53902746
There should be books for the evil outsiders that aren't made of mortal souls. Qlippoth, Kyton, and what ever the NE one is.
>>
>>53902775
I think the Book of the Damned reprint is supposed to at least have some details on kytons and qlippoth beyond what was in the original thin-books. Wouldn't mind extra info though, yeah. And to be honest I've never seen someone use a Div in a game, but I think they're the NE ones that aren't daemons/soul related.
>>
>>53902679
Free RPG day was a couple days ago, it's the day where game stores basically do a whole thing to celebrate tabletop RPGs, and there was a thing in some locations where people could test out Starfinder.
>>
>>53902679
A book that contained some aliens for Starfinder could be picked up on june 17th at any participating FLGS.

Got good info on several differences between Starfinder and Pathfinder. Tech lich, space goblins, weird spider race from a gas giant, ice world leeches who use you for a heart, psychic brain race ported over from PF, something reminiscent of that giant monster from the Mist movie and it spews out radiation, plant based predator with adaptive abilities based on feeding, horrific mosquito people from a living world, tall people who live in space and have light based wings, human space pirates, and a security bot.

>>53902439
Im excited for it. First thing on the homebrew front once I've read the system is Starfox and Metroid. I'm going to recreate the cantina scene from Star wars, but it's going to be filled with cameos of various franchises. Blue psychic foxes and badass bird engineered bounty hunters are going to happen.
>>
What are the best books to start learning Pathfinder's setting?
>>
-----Konrad-----

I’ll admit, I had a good laugh when I read through this app. Partly because there was a line or two where I had to stop and wonder if that was a reference to what I thought it was.

In regards to the app itself, it looks good for the most part. My only real issue is how it’s written, in a sort of journal-entry style. Rather, it’s not the fact that it’s written like a journal that’s the problem, it’s that the way you’d write a journal, you have to assume that whoever’s reading it is familiar with the person and the world they’re in already, because you can’t just go “Gee, I sure am glad to be born here in a small village a few miles out from the capital, to a nice miller and his baker wife”, because it just sounds hamfisted unless you really try to weave that information in natural. Typically, when I read a backstory, I want to get the pertinent info straight, so it’s right there for me to reference and there’s no risk of accidentally mis-interpreting something. I assume Konrad is from Mendev, for example, but since it’s not actually mentioned anywhere he could technically be from anywhere. I might assume he’s from Mendev, when really the player meant for him to be from Varisia.

That said, beyond those gripes Konrad’s app is pretty well-done. The jokes weren’t jarring, he has connections to other NPCs, and I can understand his (albeit unconventional) motivation for participating in the crusades. His backstory isn’t anything extremely fancy compared to others (he’s basically just a normal guy who joined the crusades out of guilt over being gay), but that’s not a bad thing by any means.

>1/2, jusy barely over character limit.
>>
>>53903349
Suggestion-wise, my only real suggestion would be to maybe weave in some more concrete information into his journal entries somehow. Stuff about where he’s from, how far from the front-line does his family is, who his mentor works for, things like that. Just find a way to sort of naturally slip them in, so there’s no guesswork over the basic stuff.

>2/2
>>
>>53903349
>>53903360
>Daddy taught us not to be ashamed of our swords
>>
>>53902231
It's also an issue when someone doesn't WANT to play an initiator.

The answer to 'what if I don't want to play an initiator' being 'play an initiator' is a bad thing.
>>
File: 147e81d0cd101ebd7ef542e9b0602f2f.jpg (880KB, 1200x1189px) Image search: [Google]
147e81d0cd101ebd7ef542e9b0602f2f.jpg
880KB, 1200x1189px
What would your character's role and appearance be like if Golarion was suddenly a nearly-modern, 80s as FUCK kind of place?
>>
>>53903367
That's exactly the line I was thinking of. I had to stop and re-read that line a second time because my eyes kind of read past it for a second until it clicked in my head "Hey, wait a sec..."

I think I mentioned it before, but I tend to take apps really seriously. A lot of times you see apps with some jokes forced in (usually meme apps) that make me roll my eyes, but that was subtle enough that it didn't feel jarring. So it gets a thumbs-up from me.

Anywho, I'm probably going to head to sleep soon, but once I get started on reviews again I'll pick up where I left off. Next should be Seraphina, and after her is Frederick.
>>
>>53903399
There's plenty of 3pp shit out there if you don't want to play an initiator parrot
>>
>>53903448
Probably would turn into a cop with a magnum 44 on his holster
>>
>>53903448
REX
POWER
COLT
>>
>>53902439
I want to be but honestly it's been years since I gave up hope on Paizo ever making anything good again.
>>
>>53902423
Demons, Qlippoth don't seem like they can have an actual personality but demons can.
>>
Have you read the Ensoulment stories, anon? Do it now and tell us what you think!
>1: Mouse and Vandread https://pastebin.com/1CSgeLAT
>2: Ichabod gambles for his freedom https://pastebin.com/SYcfHh6L
>3: Derrin tries to shag a ghost https://pastebin.com/RS9g08i7
>>
Is there anything worthwhile in Adventurer's Guide?
>>
>>53903819
stop posting smut are you trying to get us banned?
>>
>>53903942
>implying
you're funny
>>
>>53903819
The only thing more pathetic than playing in a degenerate ERP campaign is caring about one you're not playing in.
>>
>>53903973
Agreed
>>
>Feat Tax rules
>http://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

Wait, wait, wait, wait. Am I getting this right?
>Martial Mastery
>Combat feats like Weapon Focus now apply to weapon groups instead of a specific weapon by default.

So.. Weapon Focus (Exotic) for all Exotic Weapons? Weapon Focus (Martial) for all Martial Weapons? Weapon Focus (Simple) for all Simple weapons (why would anyone...?)?

That sounds all kinds of fucked, might as well remove the requirements at that point. Or am I misunderstanding something? Please tell me I am.
>>
>>53904967
No. Weapon Focus (Light Blades), Weapon Focus (Polearms), etc.
>>
>>53904967
Fighter Weapon Groups, not proficiency categories, ya dunce.
>>
File: handgunner_by_akb8.jpg (286KB, 1000x730px) Image search: [Google]
handgunner_by_akb8.jpg
286KB, 1000x730px
How long does it take for guns to become commonplace once they appear? What about after the invention handcannons? How common were in, say, 1470 vs 1550?
>>
>>53905215
>handcannons

Matchlocks, I meant.
>>
Can a Tauric Eidolon have the pounce evolution?
Irregardless, how does it stack when compared to the quadruped?
>>
I'm going to play Starfinder but I don't think I'll use the included lore. I'll homebrew something.
>>
>>53905239
Biped is, objectively, better from a standpoint of dealing damage, as it has a higher level of strength.

Technically speaking, you do not become a quadruped by gaining an extra pair of legs; you need it as your base form. Therefore, starting with the biped base is only good if you care about strength more than pounce.

Personally, I prefer the aberrant aberration eidolons. They uniquely get the grab ad tentacle nest evolutions, which is great. Plus, if you take Spirit Summoner, you can eventually give it the Advanced Template and just laugh.
>>
>>53903325
Inner Sea Races, Inner Sea Religions, Inner Sea World Guide.

If you can, go into the PathfinderWiki and just go nuts.
>>
>>53905215
>>53905228
I'd say they become an expected part of the battlefield by 1550, and ubiquitous by 1600.
>>
>>53905215
Around 1470, about every tenth European soldier had a firearm IRL. There were some deviations, though. In the Black Army, for example, which was pretty dominant at the time, every fourth soldier had a firearm.
>>
File: Gunner-girl.jpg (84KB, 1000x573px) Image search: [Google]
Gunner-girl.jpg
84KB, 1000x573px
>>53905215
I'd like to point out that guns were actually around since about the 1200s in the real world IIRC (been a while). They just didn't spread and become useful until much, much later. As such, it should actually take closer to around 200 or so years from the time the first guns are invented to the time when they start seeing widespread use, and even then they'll still be kind of crappyand won't be cost effective as weapons to give to everybody for another hundred years or so.

This is assuming a relatively similar political demographic to Earth. If there's a group that's obsessed with innovation and technology, it could spread up spread and development by as much as 50%.

If a GM ever complains about firearms in a fantasy setting, by the way, feel free to inform him that guns predated plate armor by several centuries.
>>
>>53905548
>If a GM ever complains about firearms in a fantasy setting, by the way, feel free to inform him that guns predated plate armor by several centuries.
Yeah and you just conveniently gloss over that it's because they existed archaically in China and plate armour is an European development

Retarded anime poster
>>
>>53905639

Plate armor was designed as the answer to guns.
>>
>>53905639
you know that expert blacksmiths went out of their way to actually bulletproof their armor, right?

there's even historical record of blacksmiths making shoddy plate armor and banging dents in it to pretend that it was bulletproof.
>>
>>53905667
>>53905675
>predating by centuries

Cherrypicking facts
>>
>>53905688
alright, so you've begun a debate on the point. The burden of proof is now on you. Please, enlighten us with your wisdom, since you apparently know a great deal.
>>
>>53905639
Fantasy settings being based around the Renaissance is a bare-faced lie built around misunderstanding the flow of history. List the things you find in something like Golarion; plate armor, firearms, absolute monarchs, explosives, vibrant city life. These aren't the trappings of the 1440s, these are things you'd find in the 1640s.
>>
>>53905707

A fantasy setting can be advanced in certain ways and not in others.
>>
>>53905825
So your argument is "sometimes I'm right!"?

Dude, that's weak.
>>
>>53905825
But... What part of this particular fantasy setting is more Renaissance than Early Modern?
>>
Tell me about the last unique magic item your group got!

Flute of Dragons Fire
It works like a snake charmer's flute, except for shaping flame.
if you blow through it, you can extinguish all fires in front of you (up to roaring campfire size)
If you inhale through it, you can suck up the fire and extinguish it, but the fire is then in the flute, and the next time you blow through it you cast Burning Hands.
In addition, any time you are holding this and pass your save against a dragon's breath attack, you may have the flute store that breath attack in the same manner and take no damage as though you had evasion.
>>
How would you portrait a setting in the beginning/middle of the Reformation (Catholics vs rising Protestants and so on)?
>>
>>53902423
>removing (pathfinder, starfinder)
Nice
>>
Could the printing press be used to mass-produce enchanted books, spells and so on?
>>
>>53906205
Only if it's an enchanted printing press.
>>
>>53906044
>as though you had Evasion

Improved Evasion
>>
>>53906251
No, because it requires you to make your save.

IE gives half damage on failed save.
>>
>>53906056
Depends on the social strata you're focusing on, anon. The wealthy aristocrats will be mostly looking at the shift in theology in political terms, such as how Protestantism severs the connection between their lands and that of Rome (which is an excellent way to finally tax the fat cat bishops that are in your lands.) Anything lower than a mayor, however, is going to see the Reformation through the lens of religion. Many people were upset at the decadence of the Church, and would see Protestantism as their ticket to a more grounded and worldly path to salvation.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Some stuff on SF deities
http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljwh?Gods-of-Starfinder-Part-One

And several more
http://www.beastsofwar.com/starfinder/meet-gods-rpg-universe/
>Oras, CN god of evolution, DNA and adaptation, teaches followers to create their own environmental pressure and evolve themselves, colors are red and green. Pic related?

>>53903137
Metroid you say?
http://knowdirectionpodcast.com/2017/06/7106/
>>
File: New_Getter_Robo.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
New_Getter_Robo.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>>53906341
Fucking phoneposting thought the pic was bigger. Different one here but decent size.
>>
>>53906341
Oras is Jeff Goldblum and Eloritu is a Stargate.
>>
File: The-Witcher-3-Crones.jpg (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The-Witcher-3-Crones.jpg
405KB, 1920x1080px
How should I stat up the crones?
>>
What's so bad about the Rostland Bravo? Isn't it better than a normal Swashbuckler?
>>
>>53903137
A guy in my group picked up the Starfinder monster thing. One of them had a ranged attack that dealt 1d810 damage...
>>
File: blashpheme_dnd_mosnter.jpg (76KB, 400x572px) Image search: [Google]
blashpheme_dnd_mosnter.jpg
76KB, 400x572px
Why the fuck are undead hp based off of charisma? "lol i'm so charming so I have more hp"... fuck this shit. I ended up with undead that had shitloads of hp because they had no constitution, THAT'S why they had a d12 hit die, but Pathfinder removed that. And they thought it was okay because "most undead have a higher charisma score". What the fuck? No they don't. In the Libris Mortis, only like four of the 20 undead creatures in the bestiary section has a charisma above 10. Most are in the single digits.

Fuck you Paizo. Once again you fucked up something with Pathfinder and once again ANOTHER area where 3.5 is objectively superior.
>>
>>53906251
It does nothing on a failed save?

Also, it's very odd that it gives you a breath weapon attack you can't actually use on the dragon, since they'll be immune to it. But it's cool.
>>
>>53906578
The whole point is that they cannot be killed by stuff that targets constitution
Like most poisons and life stealing shit and stuff
They stay alive by willpower
>>
>>53906599
Pathfinder is absolutely retarded on what is willpower.
>Charisma is willpower
>Except when it isn't and Wisdom is instead
>>
>>53906657
Nah, it's pretty simple. Wisdom is mental constitution, charisma is mental strength.
>>
>>53906692
By that logic, DC of all spellcasting without exception should be CHA-based.
Now that I think about it, that would actually be a good change for Pathfinder.
>>
>>53906692
By that logic, undead HP should be WIS-based.
>>
>>53906756
One could argue that they're staying alive through sheer bloodymindedness. Your endurance doesn't matter if you can't get the bones moving in the first place. And the more damaged they get, the harder they get to move.

>>53906709
That really would be a sensible rule. I guess you could argue that wizards get the equivalent of agile maneuvers(in other words, it's not about how hard you push, it's about the leverage), and divine(wisdom based) casters aren't actually using their own strength, so it's more about how much of their god's power they can endure or some shit.
>>
>>53906709
Well..."classic" fantasy casting is.
Sorcs and Oracles bellow at the world to move as they wish and the world just backs off and says "ok ok fine calm your shit"
Wizards can't do that, but they memorize the konami codes of the world. Problem is, the Konami Code for you changes each time its used, so you gotta re-memorize them every day.
Clerics don't actually do the hard work - their gods grant them miracles. Their Wisdom is just how in-touch they are with divine power and how easily the conduit works.
>>
My instincts tell me life shouldn't be this horrible. What people of Golarion would you say have the rawest deal?
>>
>>53907028
Living people in Geb or Sarkorian natives, probably
>>
>>53907028
Elven females. Orcs, humans, beasts, and monsters out of literal hell seem to have nothing better to do than come after your ass all the time.
>>
>>53906341
>>53906380

Great, now I need to make a resurgent empire of evil cyber dinosaurs.
>>
>>53907079
Well to be fair that ass it's pretty dam fine
>>
>>53903794
How so?
>>
>>53906913
>>53906858
What I mean is: Wizards and Clerics still have their INT or WIS based spells/day. But DC is strictly CHA.
That's the most sensible option given the fluff, and those fuckers need to be more MAD anyway.
>>
What's the most likely source of education and literacy dyuring the 14-15-16th centuries and before the 17th century?
>>
>>53906578

I've always considered charisma to be the soul stat. It fits nicely with bards and sorcerers drawing deep for their magics instead of using raw mental effort. For undead, this 'soul' becomes the magic stuff that holds them together. The better the necromancy, the more damage their remaining material form can tolerate before falling apart again.
>>
>>53907242
>given the fluff
I'm not sure about that, considering the effectiveness of cheats amounts to how well he can remember the cheat and the cleric is really just channeling

>>53907276
Where, Europe?
Monastic schools, monastaries, clergy, nobility taking tutors, and foreigners
>>
File: considerthefollowing.png (722KB, 888x1325px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.png
722KB, 888x1325px
https://pastebin.com/Y7JhzfYA
>>
>>53907276

In order?

>Clergy
>Monasteries
>Private Tutors
>Universities

The absolute best source of secular learning you could get in the 1100s is from a Byzantine scholar at University.
>>
>>53907053
>or Sarkorian natives

You know, I'm still shocked that nobody's bothered to make a Sarkorian Native for that Wrath of the Righteous campaign. I'd daresay they have better cause to despise the Demons than Mendev.
>>
Since this is ending in a few days, we might as well test the waters of public opinion:
http://www.strawpoll.me/13238991
>>
>>53907716
Fuck off.
>>
>>53907660
You could also be Islamic, Indian, or Chinese.
>>
File: 1471834467685.jpg (20KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
1471834467685.jpg
20KB, 228x228px
>>53907750
>Islam
>Learning
>After the Mongol Invasion
>>
>>53898708
You got two right out of thirteen. Try again.
Also, got confirmation that Seraphina is not a follower of Iomedae.

And I do not like Milani either. It was just a comparison of scale as if I was given a last choice between the two. Falayna is the ultimate ladyknight goddess and thus best goddess, with /fitlit/ Eritrice a close second and Olheon third.
>>
>>53907764
>1100s
>mongols
Huh?
>>
>>53907776
Tuvok! Tuvok! I have question!

What is your opinion on male characters?
>>
>>53907796
LADYKNIGHTS
LADYKNIGHTS
LADYKNIGHTS
>>
>>53907776
Ademon and Leonard, right?
>>
File: Reaction Image370.png (280KB, 900x674px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction Image370.png
280KB, 900x674px
/5eg/ was no help. Hope /ppg/ can be.

Got a player who ended last session buried under 60 feet of desert. Probably not gonna survive.

Anyone have a good desert or sand pun I can drop on this player after they die?
>>
>>53907879
Looks like your luck just... dried up
>>
>no lawful planetouched
>no neutral planetouched
what gives
>>
>>53907879
"What are you saying? I can't underSAND you!"
>>
>>53907901
this
>>
File: 2.jpg (17KB, 269x191px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
17KB, 269x191px
>>53907901
>>
>>53907716
>poll leaders are foxtits and two celebs (one of which can't even make the scheduled day)
Never change, /pgg/.
>>
>>53907879
Something something coarse, gets in everywhere.

Or you could go with "Life's a beach" or "Just deserts" or "Dune today, gone tomorrow"

I'm just spitballing here.
>>
File: Reaction Image181.jpg (157KB, 900x575px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction Image181.jpg
157KB, 900x575px
>>53907905
>>53907901
>>53907945
I knew you fellas would be good at this.
>>
>>53907659
I like it. Alchemist isn't usually my go-to slut class, but this is intriguing stuff. Plus then you can be an intelligent slut, the best kind!
>>
Reminder: if you were waiting to submit your Ensoulment app until the last minute, you had better do it now before the LFG gets bombarded by randos attracted to a game that's making picks in a week.
>>
>>53907776
>>53907791

Well, at least the burning of Bagdah gives some symphaty for a PC educated by a Byzantinean mentor and who has lived under the mongol remnants yoke.
>>
>>53905707
Things you find in something like Golarion:
>Plate Armor
>Firearms
>Absolute Monarchs
>Fusion Reactors
>Man-Portable Graviton Cannons
>Railguns
>Gatling Plasma Cannons
>Lasers
>AIs on the verge of attaining godhood
>Dinosaurs
>Interstellar colony shipwrecks
>Some gods whose ability to act their own fucking alignment rivals the incompetence of the Toril Pantheon
>>
>>53908119
I do not know enough about Pathfinder to know what your last comment is referring to.
>>
>>53907128
That seems like a really poor idea.

Don't you know what happens when evil cyber dinosaurs of a resurgent empire are exposed to Getter Rays?
>>
File: Xenogears_box.jpg (86KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Xenogears_box.jpg
86KB, 256x240px
>>53908119

So it's a shitty whitebread version of pic related?
>>
File: 1446653724152.gif (584KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446653724152.gif
584KB, 500x500px
>>53907688
I'm working on it, but I'm torn between making her a true-born Sarkorian native or the child of a Sarkorian parent living elsewhere.

Suggestions?
>>
>>53908151
Some of the lawful good paladin goddesses act abjectly chaotic-evil in one of the APs.
>>
>>53908168

THEY MELT!

Behold the power of humanity you fucking lizards!!
>>
>>53908190
This sounds hilarious

Specifics?
>>
>>53908190
>>53908203
>Some of the lawful good paladin goddesses act abjectly chaotic-evil

Iomedae in Book 5 of Wrath of the Righteous was not out of alignment, she only attacks a player if the player attacks her.
>>
>>53908169
It's a kitchen-sink setting but unfortunately they really tossed shit around willy-nilly, so that the individual countries often have very little sense or connection to each-other.

Like, the effect of having a place like Numeria or Alkenstar next-door should affect one's economy, tactics and culture, but every country except, like, molthune and its neighbor are diturbingly compartmentalized.
>>
>>53906578
This is the fourth thread I've seen this rant in.
>>
>>53908211

But 'muh tech priests hoarding teh knowledges just like 40gay!'
>>
>>53908208
She kidnaps a party which may very well be composed of worshipers of another deity, uses sonic attacks on people who answer questions about herself or other things 'wrong' (wrong here includes being certain rather than hesitant about redemption of things being possible when the party has literally spent the campaign seeing it proven true), sends them to the abyss with no support if they didn't get things right, and will smite a target blind deaf and dumb if they try to intervene when she smacks, say, a fellow partymember.

She was not only violating the pacts between the gods, she was outright violating paladinhood.
>>
>>53908211
Numeria affects nobody's economy because they hoard literally everything they find in their country to themselves and Alkenstar is also akin to that, except the neighbouring countries don't care for Alkenstar because they are wizard countries who don't like pew pews.
>>
-----Seraphina-----

Good stuff for the most part. Backstory is pretty straightforward, girl from local house grows up and joins the crusade like her forefathers did. It gets the pertinent info across without issue, and nothing I read really stood out as bad or flawed.

That said, as I tend to do, I’d suggest maybe writing a bit more about some NPCs she’s acquainted with. The only named NPC in her backstory was her knight-liege, and only just before he died. For Seraphina, I might also suggest fleshing out some details about the youth she’s training. Is she training them all to fight? Is she -just- teaching them how to fight, or teaching them stuff like how to read or do basic math too? Who are the kids she’s training, are they orphans or relatives or just local kids that keep coming back to learn from that nice lady in the town square? Details like that really help to flesh a character out, plus it gives the GM some string to pull on if he knows that, say, the kids you’re training are all the children of influential nobles who may have a good opinion of the lady that’s been educating their children.

That’s about it for suggestions. Nothing really wrong with her app, just room for improvement and tweaking.
>>
>>53908203
Iomedae makes a fanclub quiz in book 5 of WotR where she asks questions about her life to see how devoted fans of her are you. If you answer wrong, she blasts you with trumpets that deal a lot of damage. Particularly low HP PC's, such as low-con spellcasters, can die from those trumpets alone.
>>
File: 1455468930800.png (513KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455468930800.png
513KB, 1280x720px
>>53908211
Oh please, tell me again about Taldor and Qadira having nothing to do with each other, or Cheliax and literally everybody, or Mendev and the Worldwound, or the Land of the Linnorm Kings and Irrisen, or Druma and the entire Lake Encarthan economy.
>>
File: kLQWqu5.jpg (223KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
kLQWqu5.jpg
223KB, 600x700px
>>53908186
>>
>>53908265
5d6 is a lot at level 15?
>>
>>53908257
I want more art of Seraphina doing cute things with cute kids.
>>
>>53908288
She potentially uses trumpets multiple times.
>>
>>53908265
>where she asks questions about her life to see how devoted fans of her are you

She asks one, and it's a DC 20 Religion check. If you don't have anybody in the party with that skill at a +15 at level 15, you're kinda a dumbie.
>>
>>53908288
There are three questions. The first is 5d6, the second 10d6, the third 20d6.
>>
File: think of the children.png (118KB, 576x535px) Image search: [Google]
think of the children.png
118KB, 576x535px
>>53908289
?
>>
>>53908307
She also asks you DC20 religion checks so it's poor party composition if they don't have all their knowledge bases covered.
>>
>>53908338
Yeah, I want more!
>>
>>53908288
Whether or not it's a lot, it's not LG to blast someone, and a Wizard only has 15d6 HP at that level. By the second question, she's done that much.

>>53908309
Doesn't mean it's LG to attack someone for not knowing the answer, considering you're not even necessarily required to be a worshipper of her.
>>
>>53908309
>>53908344
The book suggests you should try to answer the question without skill checks.
Moreover, the matter of fact is: she can literally kill PC's over simply not being huge enough of a fanclub of hers. That's not LG in any way, shape, or form.
>>
>>53906341
The god of evolution should know that individuals don't evolve, only populations.
>>
>>53903448
Homeless foreign mercenary and master of disguise living in big city using an extremely large sword and his muscles in order to get dosh and women
>>
>>53908355
>considering you're not even necessarily required to be a worshipper of her.

I guarantee there's going to be one PC in the party who does, and when she asks that question all eyes will turn to them.

>>53908367
>The book suggests you should try to answer the question without skill checks.

Well that's just JJ incompetence if he thinks you're going to remember that, anyone sensible is going to make that Religion check.
>>
>>53908355
And here I thought that /pgg/ had come to the conclusion that LG means mandatory capital punishments for not following the LG god so to me it just sounds like she's exactly in her alignment.
>>
Someone before was asking about the alchemical fire/acid/ice bolts, right?

>Acid and Ice Bolts cost 40 gold, Fire cost 50, and all are craftable with DC 25 Craft (Alchemy). They do normal crossbow damage +1d4 of relevant damage type.
>>
File: pfg makes a game.jpg (163KB, 900x909px) Image search: [Google]
pfg makes a game.jpg
163KB, 900x909px
I have nothing to contribute to this thread except a fresh meme. Enjoy.
>>
File: 1472444025180.jpg (202KB, 1100x950px) Image search: [Google]
1472444025180.jpg
202KB, 1100x950px
>>53908355
>>53908367
>>53908388
>>
>>53908352
Better be more specific.
>>
File: 1487826506765.png (171KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1487826506765.png
171KB, 374x347px
ARE DEMONS IMMUNE TO PROFANE DAMAGE?
>>
>>53908381
Unless he's a Firm believer in Pokemon Styled Evolution.
>>
>>53908411
NO.
>>
>>53908387
>I guarantee there's going to be one PC in the party who does, and when she asks that question all eyes will turn to them.
But that's irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that it is not fucking LG to attack someone for not knowing about her bullshit.
>>
>>53908211
Didn't we already have this discussion? Lake a thread or two ago? Somebody post that cap of somebody ruining this guy's day by pointing out that the setting's nations are not all stuck in some kind of an echo chamber that doesn't allow interactions with other nations?
>>
>>53907867
Is Leonard really that bland? I like him, I thought the idea of him not knowing he's a tiefling would be fun.
>>
>>53908367
>The book suggests you should try to answer the question without skill checks.

Bullshit. Post a screen cap.
>>
>>53908367
>>53908422
See, you keep calling it a petty fanclub and I'm not at all convinced you know what that means. Iomedae is a continent-spanning deity with millions of faithful and is personally directing the Crusade you are currently the Champions of, and not only Champions but near-divine Mythic Heroes. Somebody who don't know their As from their Zs or Inheritors from their Dawnflowers is going to be kind of misplaced.

Secondly, she's not asking some petty worthless question. She's framing the conversation with something the Party should know, and a Party that doesn't even know who Iomedae is... Well, see above.
>>
>Second newest Ensoulment app tries to open with a haiku.
>Gets the structure wrong.
>>
>>53908405
I want to see Seraphina giving children horsey rides.
>>
File: 1420670208005.png (99KB, 418x433px) Image search: [Google]
1420670208005.png
99KB, 418x433px
>>53908420
RIGHTEOUS.

ARE DEMONS IMMUNE TO INTIMIDATE CHECKS?
>>
>>53908473
Repeat after me:
It. Is. Not. Fucking. LG. To. Attack. People. For. Not. Knowing. Something.
>>
>>53908485
NO
UNLESS THERE'S DEMONS THAT ARE IMMUNE TO FEAR OR MIND AFFECTING THINGS:
>>
>>53908473
But that's fucking irrelevant you dumb fucking cunt because attacking someone with lethal damage (not nonlethal even) for being stupid or ignorant isn't fucking Lawful Good it doesn't work that way.
>>
>>53908381
Mutagens. Evolution Points. "Leveling up" for classes like Psychic Casters and Sorcerers.
>>
>>53908405

See >>53908478

Ooh, or maybe art of Seraphina letting a kid try on her helmet that's two sizes too big for her! Or maybe she's letting two children hold onto her arms as she lifts the kids off the ground!
>>
>>53908496
Addendum. There's ways to pierce fear immunity such as Aura of Cowardice or Jailer of the Damned stance.
>>
>>53908151
He's being a faggot that can't read Inner Sea Gods and keeps complaining about a non-canon AP that contradicts primary canon material.
>>
>>53908494
It was also noted by Paizo that the whole deal with WotR is that it was a mess from writing to mechanics. Think somebody on paizo's forums theorized that it might've been a misconception between the designer and writer where it was just supposed to be deafening blasts (not permanent) that dealt no damage.
>>
File: 1439782941934.png (102KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1439782941934.png
102KB, 600x400px
>>53908496
DOUBLE RIGHTEOUS.

SO I CAN MAKE AN INTIMIDATE-FOCUSED ASSHOLE FOR WOTR?
>>
>>53908476
Does all of page 2 need to be burned? Right now I'm feeling the only thing keeping it from total disgrace is Merlote, and he isn't amazing or anything.
>>
>>53908596
See, I don't get that because a Crusader AP should be one of the easiest fuckin' things to write.
>>
>>53908399
Captain Slow's Ensoulment App sure is something
>>
>>53908617
See >>53908041. It's rotten with randos from top to bottom.
>>
I wish to dual-wield as an investigator, is there any way to be able to drop and retrieve a weapon quickly? I'd rather not waste too many actions drinking extracts in combat
>>
>>53908671
>is there any way to be able to drop and retrieve a weapon quickly?

Quick Draw?
>>
>>53908596

Deafening people not knowing who you are is still not Lawful Good.
>>
>>53908671
Not since weapon cord was nerfed, I think. Mithril Current has something along those lines if PoW is allowd, I think?

>>53908694
Only allows you to draw a weapon, it doesn't help if you drop the weapon to the ground.
>>
>>53908671
Weapon Cords (Free action to drop, move action to recover) would be alright, though fuck you if you wanted to move at all that round.

Quickdraw should allow you to stow weapons as a free action without provoking
>>
>>53907879
You could say he died in grain
>>
File: 1443147358759.png (168KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1443147358759.png
168KB, 400x400px
>>53908697
>I just spent the last five months working with the Inheritor's Crusade
>I've seen her iconography everywhere, everyone won't shut up about her
>Hell, I might be a worshiper myself
>Enter a Temple
>Hey look, it's a Goddess
>Looks kinda like Iomedae
>Is it Iomedae?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT QUESTIONNNNNNN
>>
>>53908709
>Only allows you to draw a weapon, it doesn't help if you drop the weapon to the ground.
Improved Quick Draw
>>
File: 1446660823625.png (12KB, 254x166px) Image search: [Google]
1446660823625.png
12KB, 254x166px
>>53908709
Doesn't Pathfinder have holsters? You'd think that'd be a pretty important aspect of gunslinging.
>>
>>53908739
They do, they just don't have stats. The same way non weapon sheathes don't have stats. It's just assumed that they come with the weapon.
>>
>>53908739
Sheathing/holstering a weapon is a move action.
>>
When will Stalker get Evasion, a good reflex save, and full BaB?
>>
>>53908731
Improved Quick Draw only works for AoOs anon, the feat you're looking for is Mixed Combat.
>>
>>53908835
When you gestalt it with Slayer.
>>
>>53908728

> attacking your own champions for petty reasons

Also don't you faggots like the gush about how the Crusades is the biggest pulling of Manpower from all across the Inner Sea? What if they're a foreigner from a very far foreign land who doesn't worship or know much about her? What if they are also an illiterate Barbarian?

How about I make up an arbitrary test and if you don't answer the question correctly immediately I get to stab you in the duck. Seems fair right? I mean you should easily know what the answer is and shouldn't hesitate at all when I'm waving a knife in your face and flashing bright lights in your eyes and blaring dubstep in your ears.
>>
>>53908848
Slayer doesn't get Evasion

And some of us don't play gestalt games
>>
>>53908877
>And some of us don't play gestalt games
Lmao what literal cucks.
>>
>>53908848
Slayer/Hunter is not that bad of a gestalt, right?
>>
>>53908856
>I get to stab you in the duck
QUACK QUACK!
>>
>>53908887
>off-by-1
So close, anon.
>>
>>53908887

> can't make a functional enjoyable character without a mountain of House Rules jerking them off

The only cuck here is you.
>>
>>53908856
>? What if they're a foreigner from a very far foreign land who doesn't worship or know much about her? What if they are also an illiterate Barbarian?
Unless the character is also literally retarded they still would have heard of Iomadae at some point during the campaign.

This would be like spending an entire year in the vatican and not knowing who Jesus is.
>>
>>53908856
Does your duck hunger for tomtom?
>>
>>53908938
Keep making excuses for not having fun chargen, broski. :^)
>>
>>53907128
Start with the Vesk, add dinosaurs and cybernetics as needed. And then you have the Swarm if you want to get into the Invaders.

Honestly seems pretty doable when the mech rules come out later.
>>
>>53908877
Slayer has Evasion as an advanced talent pick iirc.
>>
>>53908954

Does it mean you actually read the books or know anything about their mythos.

Most are concerned with being in the armed forces and fighting fucking and getting drunk.
>>
File: 1462592178662.png (40KB, 324x246px) Image search: [Google]
1462592178662.png
40KB, 324x246px
>>53908954
>Catholics
>Knowing Jesus
>>
>>53908954
I severely doubt that just because a Christian peasant spends time fighting in Mecca he knows anything about the Muddy Homie.
>>
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west (Closing in 4 days)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court (Closing in 1 Week)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home (Closing in 2 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closing in 3 Weeks)
>>
>>53908381
Divinely powered personal growth by an act of raw willpower to become what you need to be. It's a science fantasy setting, stuff like that can happen.
>>
>>53909032
What happened to fluffy tails?
>>
>>53909080

BUMBEEZLED
>>
>>53909080
You mean Obvious Bamboozle 3: I can't believe you idiots are still falling for this?
>>
>>53908991
>Advanced Talent
>At tenth level

Okay yeah I KNOW it's an advanced talent for Slayer... But why do they not get I/UD and I/Evasion by default? Especially egregious considering Rogue and Ranger BOTH get Evasion rather early.
>>
The bamboozle is real.
>>
>>53909106
>Having a good, well-rounded martial
>Pathfinder

you're not allowed to have the things you want, you must have useless abilities like tracking instead, because fuck you
>>
>>53909135
Slayer is still a good class. I'm sorry not every class is mary sue bullshit that gets every ability ever exactly when you want it.
>>
>>53909135
I'll take Leadership.
>>
>>53909182
>I'm sorry not every class is mary sue bullshit that gets every ability ever exactly when you want it.

I guess not every class can be the Unchained Monk
>>
>>53908901
You get full BaB, heaps of combat feats, sneak attack and studied Target (which benefits from having a flanking partner) from the Slayer side

From the hunter side you get a nice selection of spells, a really powerful animal companion, Animal Focus (which is actually really nice now that I read into it), heaps of teamwork feats too.

It's solid, but your animal companion might lag behind.
>>
Reviewanons for Ensoulment when?
>>
>>53909032
When is PLD closing?
>>
>>53909238
>your animal companion might lag behind.
That's true in most games and especially in gestalt.
>>
>>53909242
Never at this point
>>
>>53909032
>>53909032
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3

Reminder that this closes in 5 days! And there are only five real apps so far. These are the best odds around, better if you apply as a trap who likes cute dresses as much as Cashmere!
>>
>>53909242
Why do we need reviewanons when we have ficwriters and drawfriends?
>>
>>53909323
Because reviewanons point out mistakes, glaring issues, or ways to improve.
>>
>>53909338
People don't really seem to be wanting reviews, though. Either they already made their changes or they're asking Protag directly. If you wanted reviews for entertainment purposes, we've had a couple of those come through.
>>
>>53902423
Why exactly do we use three separate troves when we could just use $nip(dot)li/PFTrove (replace $ with s)?
>>
>>53908355
I don'y see how that's so bad. In Iron Gods you got a bad guy who can deal 12d5 with a DC 19 halve at will touch attack in book 3.
>>
>>53909323
Alexander/Derrin is the greatest fiction of our time
>>
>>53909316
>These are the best odds around
Because it's the worst game around that has been literally hemorrhaging players since its start.
>>
>>53909374
People do what reviews though.

>>53909383
Backups, alt troves.
>>
>>53909316
Exactly where does it say it's closing in 5 days?
>>
>>53909374
I want Psychic Bias Engine to come back
>>
File: IMG_1573.jpg (42KB, 342x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1573.jpg
42KB, 342x430px
Guys I'm having a tough time finding this one image of the barbarian in the leather thong that is laughing down at the viewer. I've seen it used as reaction images here.

Help a /pgg/a out mang I gotta find it
>>
>>53909434
Bias Engine was funny at first but quickly got lazy and was clearly not reading apps at all.
>>
>>53909428
The Cabal.
>>
File: 1418521657981.jpg (85KB, 749x720px) Image search: [Google]
1418521657981.jpg
85KB, 749x720px
>>53908954
>This would be like spending an entire year in the Vatican and not knowing who Jesus is.

>Catholics
>Knowing Jesus
>>
>>53909464
Which was a shame. The first ones were actually pretty silly. Hoping we can get Divine Bias Engine to rate our meatbag applications on a scale of Orthodox to HERESY
>>
>>53909374
Protag is overwhelmed, which is why I think reviewanons need to step up to the plate and review.
>>
So...what happened to Wildsurge? Where's out Itsuko CCC hatesex?
>>
>>53909428
Front page of the listing?

It closes same day as JttW
>>
>>53909613
>lewding Kino
Nah.
>>
>>53909627
Well, that's unfortunate.

I was going to submit to both, given that I prefer playing subpar to not playing at all.
>>
Talk to me about Wrath of the Righteous, whisper sweet filthy tooting in my ear. I want to close my eyes and fall asleep to you blowing my trumpet.

BUT BEFORE THAT, I MUST KNOW.

How important is it to actually have a solid motivation for being in Mendev? Do we *need* to be ambitious mercenaries or holy knights, or could we just be somebody passing through?
>>
>>53909654
You need to have some motivation to CRUSADE.
>>
>>53909639
Kino fucking her car when? Kino is hermesexual.
>>
>>53909641
They synchronized to sort that out in the background so that you could apply to both!
>>
>>53909451
>>53909451

I know the one but I can't find it sorry lad.
>>
File: PWAADD_Objection!.png (138KB, 334x238px) Image search: [Google]
PWAADD_Objection!.png
138KB, 334x238px
/pfg/, how are the Verbal Duel rules? They looked neat, and I wanted to try them out next session as it fit what will be going on, and I think my players will enjoy it.
Anything I should be aware about? I was thinking about making it so stat modifiers apply to their respective skill instead of just CHA (i.e. If I use Knowledge Nobility for Flattery, I add Ranks to Int mod, Instead of Cha): does it break anything?
>>
>>53909717
Very well, then. I'll just have to submit my take on the mad alchemist idea because the original poster was too much of a chicken.
>>
File: 1394047397318.png (154KB, 401x397px) Image search: [Google]
1394047397318.png
154KB, 401x397px
>>53909692
Yes yes, very good very good, HOWEVER, what would you consider a good motivation to CRUSADE?
>>
>>53909794
Depends on how you pitch it tbqh famalam.
>>
>>53909775
Gloriana hungers for them extracts and harlot sweets! Make Cashmere collar her with the plus Int collar so she can take more bimbo candy!
>>
>>53909813
On one hand, degrading somebody so trusting and hapless feels bad. On the other hand, I sort of want to call Gloriana a good girl while patting her head and watching her slurp down those alchemic creations.
>>
>>53909881
I think that's EXACTLY what the player wants, anon. You don't apply to a game with a brain-dead bimbo and expect nobody to abuse her trust.
>>
>>53909794
A desire to rape and pillage minorities
>>
>>53909881
>>53909775
Why won't you apply, Anon? Why do you tease and tantalize so?
>>
>>53909939
Because I'm a sadist.
>>
>>53909913
A L G E R N O N
L
G
E
R
N
O
N
>>
>>53909913
Tricking Gloriana into accepting an oil massage and gently fondling her into submission seems like the easiest task.

>>53909939
I have to work on two apps at once! Plus I'm scared that I might accidentally succeed and be accepted into both games. However unlikely it is, I don't want to risk having to hurt somebody's feelings by ditching one of the two!
>>
>>53907688
I thought about it, but Tuvark shitting the bed made me think otherwise. I'm sadly no good and not experienced at all with making female characters, and if I made her a girl she would've already overlapped too muh with another concept
>>
>>53909881
Make sure you also want to do that to the NPCs

And you know, have a strong character with plot potential
>>
>>53909808
How does a grieving son returning his Kellid mother's ashes to her homeland after a blood-feud consumes their family in quickfire, and Mendev is far enough away from his enemies to buy time for his brothers to return home from business sound?
>>
>>53910017
>accepted into both
Do you buy lottery tickets as well?
>>
>>53910034
Plot potential is decent, I'll have to revise soon anyways.
>>
>>53910086
Don't procrastinate, post and get feedback
>>
>>53909399
I heard someone call my name, and so, I appear
I want to write but I don't know what
>>
>>53909794
>what would you consider a good motivation to CRUSADE?
I dunno, the motivations for the real-life crusades were pretty solid. "These savages are slaughtering our people, pillaging our cities and raping our women - it's time to go full-on murderhobo".

It also helped that Europe was full of lesser nobles that had to be clothed and fed and was essentially just taking up space. The crusades gave a good excuse to send them away, and many joined willingly more or less just to have something to do.
>>
>>53910141
Should I PM IKiD for input?
>>
>>53910166
Illaria trying to get all the apps that just turned into NPCS drunk so she can console them on the day after closing!
>>
>>53910166
Write about the demise of Ryoko
Or Isao desu, that'd be funny too make sure to have a Cameo with C3 saying the word "Intrigue" to someone right before he dies
>>
>>53910288
Actually
Why not Illaria getting ALL the apps, as many as possible, as drunk and debauched as possible so they get booted from the running and she gets a better chance?
>>
>>53910262
Absolutely.
>>
>>53910332
That'd be pretty funny if you are up to the task of including so many characters!
>>
>>53909913
She isn't brain-dead. Her brain just runs on CHA to cover the deficiencies elsewhere.
>>
>>53910262
Obviously
>>
>>53910166
What about Jericho and the Arlotes?
>>
>>53910429
That one is on the list (currently listed as Spicy NTR), and I'll likely write it at some point in some form. Also likely to come soonish is CCC meeting Itsuko, and some kind of Witch story (that isn't CCC+Witch, because that's too obvious). I'm not sure what though, ideas are welcome.

Sadly I don't think I'll be doing rolls anytime soon, it leads to strange things.
>>
Crossbowman guy from yesterday here. So I tried building one of these:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo-fighter-archetypes/crossbowman/

And it's... not great. With a Gastraphetes (d12) and abusing greater vital strike, Devastating Strike and a few other feats I can't quite remember, all I was able to do was, like, 4d12+50. But then I remembered VMC, and the Crossbowman can deal attacks that deny Dec AC. So I mixed him in with Rogue. So now it's 4d12+50+4d6. Better. Then, taking Improved Critical to give the Gastraphetes a 17-20x3 crit chance, I gave it Thundering. So 4d12+50+4d6, with an extra 2d8 sonic damage on a crit. Thats...better, but things already hit harder. And it hit me. Enlarge person.

Now, with a readied action and Enlarge Person, Vos the tengu was dealing 12d6+49+4d6, with an extra 2d8 sonic damage on a crit.

I think that's pretty good, though I'm a little annoyed the bonus damage isn't a nice round number.

I can post the build proper when I'm home tonight, if you guys want to see it later?
>>
>>53910502
You could say your efforts were a... Gastrastophe?
>>
>>53910516
>>
>>53910490
Witch and Vandread
>>
>>53910502

How well would this work using Path of War?
>>
>>53910502
Enlarge Person doesn't increase projectile damage. Projectiles remove to natural size once fired.
>>
>>53910502
>>53910502
>At 7th level, when a crossbowman attacks with a crossbow as a readied action, his target is denied its Dexterity bonus to its AC.
Have you considered abusing Overwatch Style? Specifically Overwatch Vortex, which would let you get four attacks as readied actions.

Also, if you're doing Rogue, Sap Master/Adept.
>>
>>53910502

The FUCK is a Gastraphetes?
>>
>>53910538
>>53910538
Pretty good if you take riven hourglass for lots of the action economy abuse. 3 standard actions anyone ?
>>
>>53910606
A weapon from Not!Greece.
>>
>>53910606
It's a weapon from Distant Shores. 65gp for a 1d10 small/1d12 medium 19-20/x2 crossbow with a 120ft range increment.

>The gastraphetes, sometimes called a “belly bow,” is an oversized crossbow reloaded by pressing one end against the ground, the other against one’s abdomen, and locking the string in place through ratchet action. Reloading takes a full-round action, uses two hands, and requires that the wielder be standing. Wielding a gastraphetes requires two hands, and due to the weapon’s bulk, firing it while standing without support (such as a wall, a window, or a stand) imposes a –4 penalty on attack rolls; you take no penalty for firing a gastraphetes while prone. A Large or larger creature can use a gastraphetes one size smaller than itself without any support, but takes the normal penalty for firing an inappropriately sized weapon.
>>
>>53910639

What book are its stats in?
>>
>>53910683
See >>53910680, it's from Distant Shores which is a recommended read even without the weapon stats. It includes tons of really interesting lore for places like Vuldra and Iblydos.
>>
>>53910680

How does that work with Powerful Build or Stupendous Strength? And can you apply rapid reload to it?
>>
>>53910593
Which is why you use a large sized Gastraphetes with large bolts. Bypasses the issue.
>>
What was that one feat that allowed you to add your int score to your melee damage? I thought it was Arcane Strike, but it apparently isn't that one.
>>
>>53910600
I've actually never seen that one. I'll definitely fiddle with it. As for Sap Master, I don't think that works with bows or crossbows.
>>
>>53910720
Kirin Style, specifically Kirin Strike. Kirin Strike normal gives 2xInt to damage with attacks as a swift action, and having Combat Stamina gives you Int to damage normally without an action.
>>
>>53910680

Would Saguine Angel work on this?
>>
>>53910758
It actually does. Sap Adept/Master just specify "a bludgeoning weapon dealing nonlethal sneak attack damage", which is where blunt arrows/bolts come in.
>>
Who else is really tempted to burn an EWP feat so your Ranged build can use an Orcish hornbow?
>>
>>53910805

Or just play a (half) orc. The extra strength will help. Half giant is also a good choice.
>>
>>53910805
>>53910824

Female Half-Giant Brutal Stalker/Sanguine Angel. Bushi is optional.

EWP: Hornbow at first level, Tempest Gale and Solar Wind, archery feats from there on out. Grab Prescient Dodger asap, the Crit arts. If you have feats to spare, VMC into Barbarian.
>>
>>53910720
Elven Combat Style (the second feat) works too. Problem is it's locked behind 9 million other feats in that chain. Similarly Kirin Strike is only accessible starting at level 9.
>>
>>53910799
Ooh. Alright, yeah, I'll definitely look into that. Thanks man.
>>
Now that the dust has settled, how is spheres of might
>>
>>53911006
Stillborn.
>>
>>53911006
Like a man lighting a dumpster on fire and expecting people to report on it.
>>
>Class gets pool of positive energy to heal through touch with
>every d6 they use from that pool gets added to a pool of negative energy
>They can then touch someone and pump them full of negative energy
Sound fun?
>>
>>53911006
Garbage
>>
>>53911006
Unimpressive.
It's exactly the same problem existing martials had with their feats.
>Hey you can only invest in one fighting style enough to make it good, and we're going to make you stagger your investment as a buildup of small individually unexciting things each level so one day in five months time you can hope to have something fun
>>
>>53911128
...So they made it compatible with Pathfinder, what insight.
>>
>>53911147
Or they could have made it compatible with, for example, the power curve set by full casters
>>
>>53911100
Depends on execution, but could be pretty fun anon.
>>
>>53911147
It wasn't the exciting improvement to martials that everyone wanted, that's for sure.
>>
>>53911176
It's a side ability to a support class, 6th level caster,
>>
Is there any good synergy/tricks between SoM and the war sphere at least?
>>
>>53911203
No game is going to allow the dumpster fire of SoM
>>
>>53911181
And do what? Rewrite core ruleset?
There is no silver bullet if your issue is that you are tired of Pathfinder combat and you want something new.
You need more than just homebrew that is looking to be compatible to the base game you are bored of.
>>
>>53911213
No see, what SoM did really wrong is it dsid the exact same thing as current pathfinder combat

where you do the same thing

Every. Turn.

Compare this to PoW, which people like, and isn't like that
>>
>>53911167
This is a stupid argument.

Nobody wants to balance to the POWER curve of full casters.
But you SHOULD balance to the FUN curve.

Think about how it feels to level up as a vancian caster.
>I get these new spells that work completely on their own with no fiddly investment, and they do cool things right out of the box. I feel like I've reached a milestone!
Path of War and maneuvers also work like this.

Meanwhile, in SoM
>At long last I leveled up!
>My new ability is that I do a bit more bleed damage than before
>If that even counts as a new ability
>>
>>53911239
I think that's it right there. They'd tried to introduce martial focus, but then you just end up gaining/expending that over and over again. PF relies on the GM to make combat interesting and exciting; if you GM likes sticking you in a big room to slug things out, then you're going to end up doing the same thing over and over again, and SoM doesn't really do much to address that the way PoW or even 4e does.
>>
>>53911213
>There is no silver bullet if your issue is that you are tired of Pathfinder combat and you want something new.

The silver bullet already existed, anon.
p a t h o f w a r
>>
>>53911292
Nah, Path of War skips combat, it does not really expand it.
>>
>>53911316
It's a fundamentally more dynamic framework than what SoM is working off.
If SoM and PoW were magically balanced to have the exact same damage power level, PoW would still be the better system because it encourages variety and dynamics.
>>
>Have 20 on acrobatics at 8th level
>Still provoke AoO from anybody I don't want to provoke
What's even the point of this skills?
>>
>>53911366
I don't believe you
>>
File: 1478807372700.jpg (78KB, 750x580px) Image search: [Google]
1478807372700.jpg
78KB, 750x580px
Alright, /pgg/, tell me what your ideal chargen would look like:

http://www.strawpoll.me/13240997
>>
>>53911399
7 Dex
8 Ranks
3 from training
2 from feat
>>
>>53911408
What are you planning, Senpai?
>>
>>53911426
That bitch needs to get NATURALIZED
>>
>>53911437
I don't believe you're getting hit I mean

I mean I've made characters with +20 on acrobatics at level 3.
>>
>>53911441
Nothing in the works, just trying to get a survey of what /pgg/ likes best.
>>
>>53911349
Well too bad PoW is still overtuned no matter how well crafted system it is
And less compatible with default Pathfinder
>>
How would be a barbarian in the 16th century?
>>
>>53911479
I repeat "I provoke AoOs from those I don't want to provoke", weak ass monsters than can't even hit my AC don't scare me, monsters that autohit me do, and those always, literally always seem to have my Acrobatics+17 in CMD
>>
>>53911506
It's comaptiable with 6th level caster pathfinder you cherry picking twat
>>
>>53911506

>playing by default Pathfinder

What's it like to be such a lazy cuck?
>>
>>53911520
'I got unlucky a few times, clearly this skill is useless'
>>
WORD SMITHY ACTIVATED, PLEASE STANDBY FOR SPIRITING 4
>>
>>53908485
>>53908496
>>53908600
Errata Addendum: Any skill check-based maneuver from PoW that uses Intimidate still works against enemies that are immune to mind-affecting or fear, UNLESS the maneuver itself is also listed as a [Mind-Affecting] or [Fear] effect.
>>
>>53911542
>Unlucky
Man, if only 18, 19, 20 are enough to use a skill, is not an useful skill.

Also
>few times
We started as 1st levels, now we're 8th level, we have been playing for a while.
>>
>>53911552
So paladins can be intimidated now? Dang.
>>
>>53911517
Probably would join up in the ongoing war between the Holy League and the invading Ottomans

Either that, or as a conquistador

Or as a soldier in Japan's fuedal war, possibly trying to fight against the organized forces of Nobunaga

The 16th century was absolutely riddled with wars and conflicts around the globe
>>
>>53911517
Play a noble savage from the colonies.

> Select all squares that match the label: Trumpet.
Iomedae, plz.
>>
>>53911147
>>53911213
The problem is, they set about with the claim that they'd make combat more interesting and dynamic.

And they've completely failed that. It's just as boring as samey as normal Pathfinder combat. Their intended starting mission has FAILED.
>>
>>53911517
Scottish?
>>
>>53911602
No, they still can't, because it's likely listed as a [Fear] effect. HOWEVER, you can use an intimidate-based Counter as long as it doesn't cause fear; previously by RAW, you simply couldn't use Intimidate-based maneuvers against the undead, constructs, or other fear-immune targets, because by Paizo rules, using the intimidate skill at all was considered "a mind-affecting effect". The PoW errata clarifies that and states that using Intimidate for certain (but not all) purposes can still be done.
>>
>>53911598
>CMD is bullshit
Welcome to PF, anon.
>>
>>53911620
>noble savage
Except most of the natives that were being interacted with at the time (save for the backwoods Mississippians) were already organized into basic forms of governance, confederation, and trade by that point in time, such as the Iriquois League, the Cherokee, and the extensive Algonquin slave/pelt market further into Canada

Also, the Mexica were certainly neither noble nor savage, which was why so many disparate peoples turned on them and aided the conquistadors in destroying them.
>>
>>53911598
A CR 8 monster has a CMD of like, 27, with a CR 11 maybe getting into 34 or 35

Quite simply, you're lying. There's no way you're facing enemies that routinely have a CMD of 38+ at level 8

Also having only a +20 acrobatics modifier at level 8 is also below par.
>>
>>53911517
Be a guy who gets spectacularly angry. Barbarians are proficient with medium armor and you can totally use a polearm as one
>>
>>53911532
Yeah fuck you too
>>
>>53911746

>waah I have to put effort into running my games
>>
>>53911734
>A CR 8 monster has a CMD of like, 27
Not him but, on average, there're monsters with higher CMD and also lower at that CR. Chances are he's fighting mosnters with higher CMD which is pretty possible, taking into account he says the big and scary ones are the ones he fears from provoking, while the weak ass ones are problably not combatants.
>>
>>53911602
That has been possible since the antipaladin was released, anon.
>>
>>53911717
The History Channel told me the Aztec were genetically engineered by ancient aliens who used their immense temples as star ports.
>>
>>53911853
Aroden pls go
>>
File: mission accomplished.jpg (24KB, 474x424px) Image search: [Google]
mission accomplished.jpg
24KB, 474x424px
>>
Final Chalice lineup:
Jessup
Kyoot
Laila
Neelu
Tarkus
Rainyday
>>
New Thread

>>53912041
>>53912041
>>53912041
>>53912041
>>53912041
>>
>>53912049
Ignore and report.
>>
>>53912073
why
>>
>>53912086
Early. Anime OP. Fetishbait discussion question. Clinging to /pfg/.
>>
>>53912030
>Kyoot
>character with a ridiculous meme name gets in

While I expect you guys will still have fun, this doesn't stop me from laughing at how retarded that name is
>>
REAL NEW THREAD
>>53912132
>>53912132
>>53912132
>>
File: oWHkwcn.gif (289KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
oWHkwcn.gif
289KB, 400x225px
>>53912123
>early
>page 7
Please.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>53912147
>>53912049

Oh, fuck.
The shitposter is making BOTH new threads, cashing in on the thread's hated for anime to push /pgg/.

Both OPs show different brands of shitposting and the obvious answer is that they're two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>53912233
What's wrong with /pgg/?
>>
>>53905444
>Give your eidolon the advanced template
How?
>>
>>53908600
If you play a tiefling you can take Ancestral Scorn and freak fiends out so hard they get nauseated!
>>
>>53912233
>push
People like /pgg/ more, /pfg/ forcer-kun. Move on.
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.