[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 20

File: ww.png (355KB, 731x360px) Image search: [Google]
ww.png
355KB, 731x360px
Previous thread: >>53877918
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/a-whisker-away-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Have any of you ever eaten used of the W20 recipes?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>53891616
>Have any of you ever eaten used of the W20 recipes?
durr i can't garmmer today, I meant, Have any of you ever used of the W20 recipes?
>>
>>53891616

Tried the chicken, pasable and nothing to write home about
>>
>>53891616
no, I exclusively use M20 material for my cuisine
>>
>>53891616
That's real? I thought it was a photoshop.
>>
File: yum.jpg (476KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
yum.jpg
476KB, 800x1067px
>>53891616

Yeah, though I didn't buy the book.

I tried the following:

>The Children of Gaia (Mushroom Stew with Wheaten Bread).
>The Red Talons (Smoky Chicken and Peppers).
>The Wendigo (Venison with Blackberry Sauce).
> The Black Spiral Dancers (Apocalypse Cheesecake).

Of all of them, I think I liked the Children of Gaia's mushroom stew the best (though the venison was good too).

Simple but filling, and with a lot of flavour... though after I made it the first time, I decided to put some meat into it as well the second time around, and drop some of the types of mushroom.
>>
>>53891616

No. Next Question.

Who's the better Waifu - Were-Reimu or Vampire Marisa?
>>
>>53891616

Nope, but I would like to see a Giovanni Cookbook.

The secret ingredient is Vitae Bukakke. Sometimes bits of an enemies children if he's coming over for dinner,
>>
>>53893187
For my Thyrsus Mystagogue: the werewolf. Vamps, aside from being unnatural abominations, have an inconvenient sleep cycle, live primarily in cities, and spend too much time on politics.

Werewolves have plenty of spirit lore, and make for an interesting Mystery. As well as being excellent meat shields.
>>
>>53893650
>>53893187

It's a terrible choice between bestiality and necrophilia.

Choose neither, and find a nice Sleepwalker.
>>
>>53893906
This. Vampires and Werewolves should fuck each other.
>>
>>53892062

That looks pretty good
>>
File: Gargoyle_v20,_p._400.jpg (146KB, 749x811px) Image search: [Google]
Gargoyle_v20,_p._400.jpg
146KB, 749x811px
I always wondered, can gargoyle who knows vicissitude (not a big stretch considering they were made from tzimisce) fly while in war form or bloodform?
>>
>>53894339
For war form probably yes, but bloodform probably not, since they don't have wings.
>>
Are werewolves strong compared to other supenaturals in general?

Like, can they hold their own when confronted by mummies, mages and beasts etc
>>
>>53894810
>Mummies
Freshly awoken? No. One that is about to go back to sleep? Yes, if they bring their pack.
>Mage
If the Mage is Gnosis 1 or 2, maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. Like, if you catch them by surprise and have plenty of backup, and they still might get away depending on what Arcana they have. Past that, no.
>Beast
Bad splat. If you're Storyteller brings it up, tell them that.
>Vampires
Yes. The higher Blood Potency ones may require some backup.
>Changelings
In a straight fight, yes. Changelings don't do straight fights. It basically turns into hide and seek.
>Demons
No.
>Geists
Maybe. If the player knows how to powergame them, no.
>>
>>53894810
I'm pretty sure a sufficiently powerful and observant Thyrsus is the absolute worst thing a Pack can possibly go up against.

A single old woods witch is going to send them howling back to their dens.
>>
What is the point of the Disparate Council? The Book of Secrets FAQ tells that they are supposed to be a "fixed" version of the Traditions and that it is WWs way of saying "sorry" for genociding PoC Crafts in Revised, but they still appear kind of forced.
(and the historical justification by drawing parallels to World War II or the Anti-ISIS-Coalition is ridiculous)
>>
>>53895387
Ol' Phil probably thinks the entire Middle East conflict stems from Islamophobia, rather than people just being greedy assholes.
>>
>>53894810
>Are werewolves strong compared to other supenaturals in general?

Never forget that werewolves are designed and intended to be pack predators with abilities that benefit far more from group tactics than beings like vampires or changelings (although mage cabals are with different Paths are terrifying). Always play to strengths.

Werewolves are very tough and can reliably prevail against most "lesser" templates and creatures as well against other splats at lower XP levels. Werewolves inherent abilities make them strong out of the gate, but their powers don't necessarily scale as much over time. Nevertheless, depending on build, at mid-XP levels, werewolves still are certainly no slouch against other mid-tier splats like vampires and changelings. They will definitely require a great deal of planning, resources and luck to take on mid and high level mages, mummies and demons, and then still might lose badly.
>>
>>53895387
>>53895468
>WWs way of saying "sorry" for genociding PoC Crafts in Revised

The combination of white guilt combined with cognitive dissonance of how people of the same liberal politics can believe and act so differently today than 25 years ago is very, very amusing.

Using WWII or the anti-ISIS coalition analogies is just Phil trying to thread the needle of maintaining the setting with his conscience, and failing miserably.

Time and again he refuses to completely own just how non-pc he and his other current SJW cohorts were years ago despite their best efforts. The excuses and strained historical references are just bad writing. Phil/OPP either needs to keep the decidedly non-pc setting and just note that the game originally was from a different time, or have the courage to make wholesale revisions to the setting and persuade the audience of the necessity (and likely blow the nostalgia factor that drive sales of M20).
>>
>>53895468
weren't the Taftâni in Lost Paths not unapologetic supporters of Al-Quaeda and islamic extremism (not out of religious reasons, but because it harmed the technocratic consensus)?
>>
>>53894810
I'm pretty sure that Werewolves are the strongest splat when they "start", if we exclude mummies, but mummies are weird.
>>
>>53896254
It was similar in OWoD. The three main gamelines having actual contrasts.

Werewolf - Strongest to weakest
Vampire - Middle ground
Mage - Weakest to strongest
>>
>>53896046
Taftâni actively dislike Islam, even if they are mostly of Arabic origin these days.

Regarding Celestial Chorus:
"The monotheists? Oh, please. The very notion that there is but a single god is so ludicrous that it strains credibility. It was stupid when the Hebrews spoited it, it was stupid when the Christians spoited it, and when the Muslims spout it, not only is it stupid, but the fervor with which they do it takes the whole stupid concept to whole new levels of rabidity. Monotheism is much too limited to explain the sweet fullness of life's experience."
>>
>>53895672
we get it dude, evil SJWs are ruining your gaems. you can stop spamming this shit in every thread now.
>>
>>53896912
Why do you get so mad about discussions of recently released books?
>>
>>53896843
In Afghanistan, they consorted with the Taliban and mujahedin (Lost Paths, p.66). Though this was more a case of putting your enemies against your other enemies
>>
File: Back2Tumblr - Copy.png (308KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
Back2Tumblr - Copy.png
308KB, 546x700px
>>53896912
Hello newfriend. You seem to be lost.
>>
>>53896912
that is not the point. There are cases where it is done tastefully and with respect to the history of the games (Werewolf and Vampire) and there are cases that are simply bad (Mage). The reasons for that are discussed.
>>
>>53895672
The kicker is that M20 is still monstrously insensitive to a wide range of groups including those the book attempts to woo, but we get the added joy of Phil crowing about how bigotry is bad and how inclusive he is.

I really think he lacks any capacity for self-awareness at all. I listened to a podcast that interviewed Phil. Near the start he told us that religious intolerance is bad kids. With the "I'm totally PC" bit done, at various points over the next two hours we were told that if you were not a neopagan of vaguely defined beliefs in the supernatural you were BLIND TO THE TRUTH. If you had the gall to follow an Abrahamic faith you were practically a nephandi.

It's a fairly concise example of the man's mind. "Respect other peoples faith" to "everyone who disagrees with my extremely niche kookery is stupid and/or evil" in under two hours.
>>
>>53896946

Because he Brucatto in disguise
>>
>>53897213
I'd believe it, but I don't think he could figure out how to post on 4chan.
>>
>>53897232
Anons sentences are too short to be from Brucato
>>
>>53897293
Wow, Brucato must post a lot here if everyone who makes full sentences is him

(but seriously, SJWs are not ruining your games, get the fuck over it snowflakes)
>>
>>53897199
>"Respect other peoples faith" to "everyone who disagrees with my extremely niche kookery is stupid and/or evil" in under two hours.

Well, that explains the schizophrenia in the FAQ, except the switch happens within a few paragraphs.
>>
>>53897106
>Foucault
>Got owned so hard by Chomsky he died from AIDS as a result
>>
>>53897309

Sorry for hurting your feelings Phil, i promise to only eat in organic local businesses for a week
>>
>>53897309
>SJWs are not ruining your games,

If you actually read the posts about Phil and M20, rather than implicitly defending a shared political bias, you'd realize that (i) much of the criticism concerning the organization and content of M20 extend well beyond the political diatribe issue; and (2) it's not simply that Phil is left-wing or a "SJW," but that he's so self-righteous and stubborn that he manages to offend and distract instead of persuading, and thus harms the "cause."

Most, if not all, of the WW writers and developers are on the far left of the political spectrum and are not shy about their views. This is hardly news. What distinguishes the real talent among them is the ability to actually focus on the gameline material in a concise and entertaining manner, engage fans of all political persuasions, all while simultaneously conveying their political ideas in their work in an organic, subtle and complementary manner. Think DaveB vs. MattMc or DavidH.

If the best Phil can effectively do is hitting the reader over the head with puerile snark about conservative personalities like Trump and Bush along with long digressions about the wonders of local produce (while complaining he doesn't have enough room in the book for actual setting and rules), it speaks far more about him (and RichT for allowing it), than it does about any "snowflakes" who might quite unsurprisingly want more Ascension and less manifesto in M20.

In any event, discussing books, no less the few new releases, is precisely the primary purpose of /wodg/. Instead of just complaining about those who want to engage in such discussions, how about offering some substantive defense of M20 that amounts to doing little more than dismissing criticisms because you might happen to agree with Phil's politics.
>>
>>53897394
I've not read the FAQ yet, but that sounds about right. I would not be surprised to learn that the M20 books are dictated and cobbled together later, since he writes as he talks.

The incessant preaching is the sound of him masturbating about how tolerant and progressive he is, without having to actually change how he thinks about other people.

Luckily for him, he is also too fucking clueless to notice he is a massive hypocrite.
>>
Version 1.18 with The Fallen Pillar
Odd Legacy this one. Thyrsus, but with Prime secondary Attainments.
At least the 1e Attainments are clear in their intent that it was fairly easy to update them.

Weird thing is that allegedly they only recruit Thyrsus, though I imagine with the new "praxis" entry option, there might be a fair few Obrimos who would be interested in joining up and making use of the fact that they already have Prime as a Ruling Arcanum.

Also their final Attainment has a hilarious optional effect.
Turning yourself into a living Hallow. Thank goodness you need to be Gnosis 8 to actually do so, otherwise yoi'd be in a LOT of trouble.
>>
>>53897688

In the FAQ, he vehemently denies M20 has a liberal slant, then a few paragraphs later, he proudly proclaims how the book reflects his liberal ideas and why it's purportedly so important.
>>
Bets on signs and sigils becoming bold in the next monday meeting (ie means its moving towards release)
>>
>>53897660
Remember, Satyros (yes, he legally changed his name to Satyros Phillip Brucato) also believes that playing an evil mage will put evil magick in your life and make you evil. Also remember to give to his Patreon otherwise he will have to get a real job.
>>
>>53897812
50 DaveBucks against
>>
>>53897813
https://nordiclarp.org/2015/03/02/bleed-the-spillover-between-player-and-character/
>>
>>53897861
>https://nordiclarp.org/2015/03/02/bleed-the-spillover-between-player-and-character/
Is it about how LARPers are drama prone faggots who take things too personally?
>>
>>53897813
That reminds me, in the podcast he gave an actually semi-interesting account of the development of Mage1e. In the middle of this, suddenly he telling us that the head of WW pulled him aside to warn him that a certain room in WW HQ was haunted and that he later confirmed this due to sensing (with his pagan sense he developed after throwing off the shackles of Christianity) an evil presence there.

Oh and apparently a bunch of Greek cultists actually paid for him to fly out to their commune and take part in some rituals as they were all big mage fans.

It was a strange couple of hours, but at least I now have a sense of the journey the man has taken to reach the pinnacle of artistic perfection and professionalism.
>>
>>53897940
He does too many fucking drugs?
>>
>>53897940

Do you remember the podcast?
>>
>>53891616
There are 16 Tribes, 13 Clans, 10 Traditions, and 5 Conventions, for a total of 44 spurdos that have yet to be made.
>>
>>53897660
Oh no, don't worry, I understand Mage20 was shit. I am not saying that it wasn't. I'm just saying its not shit because SJWs are some boogieman intent on ruining your games
>>
>>53898014
https://ultraculture.org/blog/2016/02/12/mage-the-ascension-satyros-phil-brucato/

I listened to it over 6 months ago, so I apologise if I have gotten minor details wrong. I've not heard any other episode and the host didn't do much beyond toady up and agree with Phil's rants.
>>
>>53892052
It's not a meme, it really does have culinary advice in it.
>>
ffs, if you don't like M20 just buy the old books, they are cheap as dirt and still in hardcover.
>>
>>53898272
But I kick-started it, and no amount of complaining will satisfy the anger in my heart over the loss of that $375, but I still have to try.
>>
>>53898272

Are you really complaining that people in a forum about WW books are actually discussing newly released books?
>>
What does wodg think of fan splats?
>>
>>53898353
>What does wodg think of fan splats?
Princess is cool.
>>
>>53898353
>What does wodg think of fan splats?

They are the Devil's handiwork, and should be burned with fire and the ashes strewn to the wind.
>>
>>53898353
Princess might be okay, never read it. Probably a bit too "pop culture" when compared to the rest.
Genius needs to pull its fucking head out of its ass.

All of the rest are even worse trash.
>>
>>53898353

Genius sucks
Princess sucks
They all fucking suck
>>
>>53898353
I actually kind of like Genius. The main antagonist factions are pretty bad, and some of the fluff makes no sense, but if you ignore all that, it can be pretty fun.

Although, its probably because I liked the Sons of Ether in Ascension.
>>
>>53898210
>I'm just saying its not shit because SJWs are some boogieman intent on ruining your games

No, many of them are perfectly content to ruin other aspects of a variety of hobbies.

M20 and Beast are pretty clearly examples of them spreading their crap into our hobby though, in addition to all the other problems cited with them, like Beast's excrable mechanics and M20 being choked with sidebars.
>>
>>53898599
hey, in case you didn't realize, Beast is disliked by SJWs too. Its kinda shitty that they equate social minorities with horrible, irredeemable monsters who are often worse than low humanity vampires
>>
>>53898599

you seem confused, Beast is fucking loathed by anyone with remotely progressive ideals (i.e, what idiots call SJWs)
>>
>>53898683
Honestly, at risk of No True Scotsman, I'd hesitate to slap the SJW label on any progressive-leaning individual who can spot this massive inherent flaw in Beast's political slant for what it is. If only because I've also seen a lot of zero-irony praise for it from that end of the spectrum, too.
>>
>>53898722
See >>53898741. I've seen plenty of folks who deserve the pejorative who actually *praise* the damn thing.

Keep in mind that the developer of Beast directly accused those who criticized his work, even when the criticism had nothing to do with political slant, of being men's rights activists too. His gross failure to actually produce something that resonated with leftists who possess functioning brain cells is irrelevant to the intent of the work.
>>
>>53898599
>>53898683
>>53898722
>>53898741
>>53898803
Beast is sort of a hilarious look into the mindset of the badshit insane side of the tumblr SJWs.
"These horrible things I do to people is ok because it's for their own good and anyone who has a problem with it is an evil homophobic racist"
Not to mention the enemies for Beast are almost caricatures of what some tumblr blogger things is the biggest evil out there.
>>
>>53898803
really? I've seen a total of 2 people who admit Anything is good about Beast. Which I'll admit is my position as well: Beast has SOME good stuff. Its not ALL terrible

Where the fuck are you seeing these people?
>>
>>53898982
Cancer.net and the OPP forums.
>>
>>53898315
I am if all they are going to do is complain about them.
>>
>>53899057
Isn't that all you're doing?
>>
>>53898982
>Beast has SOME good stuff. Its not ALL terrible

Some of the powers are at least pretty evocative, yeah, and the initial core concept of the game as previewed was pretty slick, I'll agree to that.

>>53899012
Yeah, mostly in places like this.
>>
>>53898400

Ahem

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bqenEJzcTh7ZqNjnTByNUAIlq4BeomHLWrI1wJ8vtc4/edit
>>
>>53899073
yes, but i'm complaining about complaining, which is meta.
Therefore Mage.
>>
>>53898979

It's a shame, because Beast should be the game for people who enjoyed the Sabbat in the OWoD. It could be. You have the self-justifying flakes, and the ones who truly revel in being superior monsters.

Shame the game insists you should play team Douchechill.
>>
>>53899223
what is Beast?
WtA 20th?
>>
LOOK AT ME

I'M COMPLAINING ABOUT MAGE

SOMEBODY CONVINCE ME THAT VAMPIRES > WIZARDS
>>
>>53899249
Beast: the Primordial, a chronicles of darkness gameline.
>>
>>53899260

Meh, everyone knows that changelings are supreme over vampires, werewolves and even mages.

How can anyone resist the "Beautiful Madness"?
>>
>>53899249
Beast the Primordial, a game where they should have made you play truly evil characters but instead decided to go half handed and try to "justify" the evil characters as part of some cosmic teaching tool
>>
>>53899147
Oh wow. That's amazingly well done for a fan splat.
>>
File: ghost-rider.jpg (174KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-rider.jpg
174KB, 970x545px
Claimed!Ghost Rider
Virtue: Implacable/Loyal
Vice: Vengeful

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 4, Wits 8, Resolve 9
Physical Attributes: Strength 9, Dexterity 7, Stamina 9
Social Attributes: Presence 9, Manipulation 3, Composure 9

Skills: Academics 1, Crafts 3, Investigation (Vengeance) 3, Medicine 1, Occult (Demons) 4, Science 1, Athletics 4, Brawl 5, Drive (Motorcycle) 6, Firearms (Shotgun) 4, Survival 2, Weaponry (Chains) 5, Empathy (Guilt) 4, Expression (Wisecracking) 2, Intimidation (Penance Stare) 5, Persuasion 1, Streetwise 3, Subterfuge 3

Merits: Area Of Expertise (Vengeance, Demons), Direction Sense, Indomitable (Epic), Interdisciplinary Specialty (Vengeance, Demons), Professional Training 5 (Stuntman: Athletics, Drive, Empathy), Trained Observer 1, Virtuous, Ambidextrous, Automotive Genius, Crack Driver 3, Demolisher 3, Greyhound, Iron Stamina 3, Parkour 4, Quick Draw (Chains), Seizing The Edge, Stunt Driver 5, Air Of Menace, Closed Book 4, Iron Will, Striking Looks 2 (Heavy Metal), Table Turner, Takes One To Know One, Psychokinesis (Hellfire 5, Advanced 5, Epic 2), Armed Defense 5, Defensive Combat (Weaponry), Iron Skin 2 (Advanced 2), Killer Instinct 3 (Advanced 2), Light Weapons 4

Max Essence/Per Turn: 50/15
Defense: 11
Initiative: 16
Speed: 30 On Foot (Use Motorcycle Otherwise)
Health: 14 (Size 5)
Armor: 3/3

Dread Powers: Armored Hide 1, Fire Elemental, Influence 5 (Vengeance), Gatecrash (Shadow), Hunter’s Senses (The Guilty), Madness And Terror, Natural Weapons 2 (Spiked Chains), Numen (Drain, Essence Thief, Host Jump, Mortal Mask, Occult Sight, Seek), Know Soul, Reality Stutter (On Motorcycle), Regenerate 3, Snare, Unbreakable, Wall Climb (On Motorcycle)

Ban: Cannot hurt those it knows are innocent

Bane: A symbol of an ancient conflict being resolved through peaceful means instead of vengeful ones.
>>
>>53899750
but still shit.
>>
Version 1.19
I had the Brotherhood of the Demon Wind written up before, but I decided to edit them again before I added them to this.
I don't know what my interest in horrifying 5th Attainments, and their implications for the Fallen World, but I just keep doing it.

Masters of the Demon Wind excize things that displease them from reality and the timeline. Bringing murder victims back to life, undoing the destruciton of artifacts, etc. But it has a one-year duration, so they've got to keep going back and refreshing the effects.
Imagine what would happen if one died, and didn't pass off his responsibility to another master?

Feel free to replace it with something boring if you like.
It's only the optional element of the 5th Attainment.
Requiring a Mage with Gnosis 8 of that specific Legacy.
Which now that I think about it pretty much means "you can't learn it from someone else, make it yourself".
>>
>>53899831
Did fansplats kill your dog or something?
>>
>>53900066
Fansplats try too hard to be relevant.

Also suck at balance, which is ironic because all non-Mage players demand it.
>>
>>53900105
Even Mage players demand internal splat balance.
I for one am fucking livid at how powerful they made the Fate Arcanum.
>>
>>53900136
Oh for fuck sakes. Internal balance is pretty damn spot on in Awakening.

Quit lingering in previous editions.
>>
>>53899786
>tfw i realize that Robbie Reyes is a Sin-Eater
>>
>>53900136
Fate is only uber powerful if your ST lets you get away with anything. ie is shit.
>>
>>53900256
You mean if you play with the rules how they're written?
In not going to say that I do, but you can't sidestep criticism of rules by arguing nobody follows them.
>>
>>53900136
All of the Arcana are overpowered in their area of proficiency.

I also consider Space to be the strongest Arcana, personally.
>>
>>53900293
ok go on, explain how fate is more powerful now. I know your dying too.
>>
Has anyone made stat blocks for dinosaurs like T-rex or quetzalcoatlus?
>>
>>53900349
>Space to be the strongest Arcana

Space 5 is ludicrously powerful. You can kill -anyone- you want -wherever- you want. On a fucking whim.
>>
>>53900418
-anyone- you have a sympathetic connection too
(which wont be hard for a space master) but lets not forget that mages still have hoops to jump through even if they arnt hard ones.
>>
>>53900397
Yes they have.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/757974-dinosaurs-in-the-nwod?p=759955#post759955

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/793173-the-horror-show?p=1031634#post1031634
>>
>>53900354
Not really
>>
>>53900579
then stfu. nobody cares what you think if you arnt going to back up your stupid comments.
>>
>>53900622
Calm down
>>
Yoooo movement on scion and trinity.
>>
>>53900349
Time is way better, because it can undo any action you may do.

Did you teleport me into the sun? In that split second I will just go back and prepare.
>>
Dumb fucks forgetting the Spirit Arcanum can trivially mimic most other Arcana.
>>
>>53900899
reflexive time travel is a thing is it?
>>
thousand years of shite? Please stop with the photoshop art
>>
>>53900567
Awesome. Thanks.
>>
>>53900919
your going to have to explain that cos i think your drinking some coolaid.

in before "muh archmastery"
>>
>>53900919
Eh, only when you can start Patterning Spirits. Before that you need to go hunt them down like Pokemon.
>>
>>53900961

>this stupid
>>
>>53899147
>>53899750
Sure, its well written, but the whole issue can be resolved by just going up to an Adept/Master of Space and telling them that you are an alien and would like to go home.
>>
>>53900105

Did you actually read it? I thought it was good though it needs some polish.
>>
>>53901033
is that in the same way beast was good but needs some polish?
>>
>>53901042
ok i lied beast was never good
>>
>>53901018

And this Adept/Master wouldn't just salvage your vessel and vivisect your ass because...
>>
What do we know about Danielle Lauzon apart from "she is cool"??

What views is she/he going to ram down our throats?
>>
>>53901082
Because you can serve as a guide for his tour of the galaxy. Also, Wisdom sin.
>>
>>53900828
Nice, maybe not totally dead
>>
At which point does our KomodoExarch step down or accept help in getting some fucking books delivered??
>>
File: 130221984383.png (333KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
130221984383.png
333KB, 600x578px
So Toreador are supposed to be THE social butterfly clan, rivaled only by a rare ass clan of singers and dancers... But they have to be 300% autistic as a clan weakness and literally have to "But Mooooom" when asked to stop obsessively watching fucking anime and shit?

How do they even function as people? The behaviour that weakness indicates is pretty close to the low-functioning side. The fluff isn't supported by the mechanics.
>>
>>53901042

Beast needs to fix it's fucking concepts. As it stands, Alien's characters are more monstrous than Beast on average.

>>53901162
And said chronicle becomes "Witch-hiker's guide to the galaxy."

Unless the ST houserules that space magic can't do interstellar travel without Archmastery, which is reasonable.
>>
File: pppfffftt.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pppfffftt.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>53901162
>Wisdom

Oh please. Who the fuck needs Wisdom?
>>
>>53901258
You can now still be a good guy with low wisdom, its not a morality monitor anymore.

So fuck wisdom. Besides stopping an alien invasion is good!
>>
Remember when these threads were utterly devoid of magefags
>>
>>53901484
no
>>
In 2e, would a Life spell that gave you limitless stamina for the duration of the spell be 2 or 3 dot?
>>
Who are the best hackers in owod and in what order?
>>
>>53901767
body control is 2 dots which doubles the checks for fatigue per potency dot.

so outright limitless stamina (ie no fatgue tests) is probably 3 dots
>>
>>53901767
Seems like a perfecting spell. So yes, 3 dots.
>>
>Hunter 2e is in Redlines

Huh, it might actually make it out by the end of 2018 at this speed.
>>
>>53901767
Life 3
Quite handy for oblations.
>>
>>53901484
We know you like Vampire. It's fine to be wrong.
>>
>>53901851
Virtual Adepts are top dog easily, I'd imagine the Technos would something too. Glass walkers are no slouches either, then i'd put the Nosferatu and mortals.
>>
File: Sascha-Vykos.jpg (150KB, 720x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Sascha-Vykos.jpg
150KB, 720x1090px
>>53901199
I always wondered about that... Kiasyds make better social butterflies.

Also, can you paralyse Toreadors by turning yourself into art?
>>
What is the consensus on V5?
>>
>>53901310
>You can now still be a good guy with low wisdom

E.g., Harry Dresden
>>
>>53903879
Would that mean Merlin and Morgan are high wisdom?
>>
>>53904134
>Merlin
>High Wisdom
That guy was a CUNT that left his Arthurian puppets holding the bag while he Ascended, flipping everyone off as he went.

Before the Exarchs realised what was going on, and terminated everything that they could with EXTREME prejudice.
>>
>>53904150
Umm I was talking about Dresden Files Merlin as in guy holding that position in the books
>>
>>53901966
You won't want what's coming out of that bunch. Have you noticed they've been radio dark since the 'writer's call' about what they're doing? It's a mess. Inconsistent, no vision, no direction, the first drafts read like a fan-splat and have no shared voice. Now, understand a lot of this has to do with it being novice freelancers, many who committed the cardinal sin of NOT READING THE STYLE GUIDE, but other than that the biggest issue is that their ideas just aren't interesting. They've gotten painfully overwrought about making the Hunter's conscience and how doing what they do is inherently wrong. The ideal hunter, as written by this group, is a fucking supernatural groupie who occasionally kills the most loathsome vampire Dominate rapist and then have to shut themselves in their room to listen to Avenged Sevenfold for a month while eating Ben & Jerrys and posting poetry on their Instagram or AUTOMATICALLY LOSE DOUBLE INTEGRITY.
>>
>>53904161
From what I remember, that guy was a crazy stickler for the rules, but insanely powerful to go with it.

Possibly Low Wisdom, possibly middling.

Problem with Mages is that it takes a concerted effort and devotion to increase your Wisdom, while even a single act of reckless act of well meaning passion can drop it like a stone.

And most Mages won't both to invest the time and effort in clawing those small mistakes back.
>>
Who's the strongest mage that we know of in Awakening, canonically speaking?
>>
>>53902774
Speaking of Kiasyd, has anyone else read through Lore of the Bloodlines? I don't remember it getting much discussion here when it came out, but I thought the new lore was actually pretty good! It makes me want to roll a new bloodline character for reasons besides taking advantage of their Disciplines.
>>
>>53904386
I'm not sure but wouldn't Old Man of the Abyss count? Out of ones in modern day at least
>>
>>53904447
He's not a mage. He's a aeon/abyss spirit/whothefuckknowsbutnotamage.

Corpse Author is closest,
>>
>>53904386
Ignoring both the Exarchs and the Oracles, I would say either Merlin or the Corpus Author.
Of the few named unascended Archmages definitely Kadmon the Gardener.

Aldous (Keys to the Supernal Tarot) struck me as a Seeker under the influence of Assumption. He can specifically do things beyond normal Archmages and is apparently omniscient.
He was from a pre-Imperial Mysteries supplement yet still given slight mention in the book described as being possibly other than human. Not that Archmages are 'human'.
His reluctance to Ascend also corresponds with Assumption being used for purposes other than Ascending. Supposedly he Ascended by the time Imperial Mysteries was released.

The Unnamed reigned supreme in Ascension.
>>
>>53904410

>Lore of the Bloodlines

Is it good?

Can't imagine that someone makes the Kyasid a bloodline thats actually interesting.

In myWoD fae shit doesn't exist so their whole Story is fucked essentially.

I could only see them work as a clan of independent strictly neutral noddists hunting for knowledge. With a secret sabbat leaning faction not contempt with gathering knowledge because they are worried about the antes.
>>
So why is Gaia a rank 9 spirit, but Helios/Luna 8? Luna I understand, sure, but you'd think the sun would be 'greater' than the Earth. Is it because nWoD has some sort of consensual reality thing going on?
>>
>>53904539

Influence
>>
>>53904537
The ToJ scenarios for Ascension always made me laugh. Mostly with their potential clashing. I loved the idea of the Unnamed setting up his gambit, only to have Voormas smoothly slip into place as a supreme go-fuck-yourself.
>>
>>53904537
>He can specifically do things beyond normal Archmages and is apparently omniscient

Is he an Arch-Archmage?
>>
>>53904539
Nwod is still centered around earth and humans. From perspective of Exarchs and God-Machine rest of the universe can go fuck itself
>>
Kadmon's the strongest *mage*, with 9 gnosis and life. The Corpus Author has more skill with the Arcana, but she's busy banging rent-boys in her Supernal wonderland and can't visit Earth anymore except in the form of an Ochemata.
>>
>>53904581
Her Ochemata is stronger than Kadmon. She doesn't have stats as an Ascended being.
>>
>>53904539
The existence of life, especially man, creates/flavours a metric fuckload of Essence.
>>
>>53904573
No, he's the world's most impressive NEET. He just doesn't have internet access.
>>53904586
She has the same type of listed stats (G/P 9, L/F 7, M 6) as Kadmon (G9, L9, P 7), and I've never seen Ochemata stats for her.
>>
>>53904573
Don't know. His Archmage capabilities just outstrip the rest. Which is why I assume he's under the effects of Assumption.

Essentially an Ascended mage outside of the Supernal Realms.
>>
>>53904596
Her stats given in Imperial Mysteries are for her Ochemata.

Similar to the Chancellor
>>
>>53904617
Yes, that's where I got my two stat lines from. But I can't see her Ochemata stats. What page are they on?
>>
>>53904636
The stats you listed are for her Ochemata.
>>
>>53904603
The stats I just listed are in no way for an Ochemata. The only indication in the entry about anything to do with an ochemata is that it looks normal, barring underlying symbolism in its nimbus.
>>
>>53904658
It could very well be her Ochemata.
>>
How old is the average archmage and how long do they usually live for?
>>
>>53904675
It could also be a gigantic banana, but it seems pretty bloody unlikely that G9 Avatars are going to be running around in the fallen world. The entry talks about the character as though it was The Author rather than The Author's Avatar, with Ochemata and the like mentioned seperately, and only in appearance.
>>
>>53904692
hard to say how long they live for as within their golden road i dont think they age.
>>
>>53904692
We had this discussion a while ago.
The average Archmaster is likely in his 40's or older, given how long it takes to reach Mastery, let alone Threshold Break and reach Archmastery.

Furthermore, they live a natural lifespan, however their timer is suspended when they're not in the Phenomenal World, and they can achieve Immortality in the same manner as Liches. Or even better, given their access to Imperial Practices.
>>
>>53904698
>but it seems pretty bloody unlikely that G9 Avatars are going to be running around in the fallen world

Ascended mages can manifest an infinite amount of Ochemata. It's only uncommon for them to actually be doing anything.
>>
>>53904715
So because the entry mentions how her Ochemata appear as a seperate thing, and that they can manifest armies of baby godlings, you'd guess that entry is directly referring to her as an ochemata?
>>
>>53904714
So an elderly appearing archmage has probably been quite active in the Fallen World then?

Appearances must really define their experiences/character.
>>
>>53904738
Potentially, but one of the archmages being discussed by the others above is Kadmon, who is basically immortal even if he spends all his time in the Fallen world. Mortal Magic can extend lifespan indefinitely with External Alchemy (But at heavy penalties to make the elixir) so chances are any Archmage who does look old is doing it by choice.
>>
Holy fuck magefags will fight over anything.

You're honestly pathetic little shits sometimes.
>>
>>53904750
Kadmon's physical age is never described.

I also reckon most Archmages won't give a damn how elderly they look. Few Arcana (Life, Death & Time) are even under such purviews.
>>
>>53904773
No, but it does flat out say that he doesn't age. Given he makes people for fun, changing his physical appearance isn't going to be difficult.
>>
>>53904750
>chances are any Archmage who does look old is doing it by choice

I'm always under the assumption that the world's most powerful wizards are going to purposely cultivate an older appearance to garner respect when they actually bother to reveal their status/existence.

Fantasy in general runs by this.
>>
>>53904714
One has to take things like Great Ministers who get consumed over time by their exarchs inot account. Dunno if other types of archmaster have any additional timers
>>
>>53904792
Well, the unofficial greeter for the Archmages appears as a Jordianian woman in her 30s, so entirely possible.
>>
So what exactly influences the appearance of a nosferatu? And how?
>>
>>53904738
Most Archmages in Ascension were old men living for centuries. I imagine it's the same for most in Awakening.

Magic in Ascension is also a lot harder to master than it is in Awakening. Taking far longer to reach phenomenal heights.
>>
>>53904823
Don't even try. Its only magefags shitting up the thread.

In myWoD the appearance of the Nosferatu is determined by their Characterflaws and traits (its a curse afterall).

A shy and insecure person for example might become a twisted and wretched mouse like being.

A cleopatra (beautiful People the nosferatu embrace to piss them off) is full of never healing wounds, their beautiful hair falls out etc.
>>
Wasn't it mentioned by Dave at one point that Archmages attempting true immortality might actually lock them off from Ascension?

Aging corresponds to two of the ten pillars of reality. I think vain Archmages are going to be few and far between. Especially among the Moros, given their philosophy.
>>
>>53904903
>Its only magefags shitting up the thread.

How are they 'shitting' up the thread? Please, do explain.
>>
File: tumblr_nn6dncFudC1usm1uvo1_400.jpg (44KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn6dncFudC1usm1uvo1_400.jpg
44KB, 393x500px
>>53904922
Any discussion of things that aren't Vampires is shitting it up. When Vampirefags are in ascendance, reverse and shitpost as necessary.

In the corner, the people who play Werewolf and other lines are sobbing quietly.
>>
>>53904913
Nope.
Also I have never even heard of this "10 pillars of reality" garbage.
>>
File: 11-Page10.jpg (335KB, 951x1440px) Image search: [Google]
11-Page10.jpg
335KB, 951x1440px
Does lycanthropy exist in WoD? Not the uratha/changing breeds/skinwalkers, but the actual infection that turns people into traditional werewolves.
>>
>>53904933
the two guys who play mummy are sobbing too
>>
>>53904936

>what are the arcana
>>
>>53904944
Someone go find the Purified guy who pops up every few months. He and the Mummy players can curl up together and sob softly like a huddle of sheep on a cold night.
>>
>>53904922

>Muh who is the strongest archmage/ what can archmages do

>look how easy a Mage could destroy an endlevel being like Luna i mean an archmage could easily destroy her

>haha Look who superior mage is on/tg/

It ALWAYS ends up in a powerwank. And because of this other actually interesting things aren't discussed.

Its time for a mage general tbqh.
>>
File: Immortality.png (50KB, 1161x355px) Image search: [Google]
Immortality.png
50KB, 1161x355px
>>53904936

He actually did.
>>
>>53904943
Nope. Some spirits slowly claim and transform people into more of them, but generally: No.
>>
>>53905000
oh grow up sonny jim

maybe you should just convert to the church of dave
>>
File: Gayracula.jpg (121KB, 848x794px) Image search: [Google]
Gayracula.jpg
121KB, 848x794px
>>53905030
>>
File: Mage Lifespan.png (79KB, 1159x430px) Image search: [Google]
Mage Lifespan.png
79KB, 1159x430px
More relevant whatnot.
>>
>>53905000
Go lurk in the OPP forums if you want some quality non-Mage talk.
>>
>>53905077
OPP forums & quality. ahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>53905006
>>53905052
Most of my Mage players are obsessed with youth, appearance and longevity for some reason. It's annoying.

I like this. Young wizards bother the fuck out of me. Wisdom, knowledge and experience doesn't just appear, you live for it.
>>
>>53905116
your players probably watch far too much anime. or maybe their lives just suck. escapism breeds unrealistic physical ideals.
>>
>>53898353

I like Leviathan a lot; Princess and Genius are fun too.
>>
>>53905116
It's the classic "I want my character's life to be better than mine" element.

The biggest complaint I hear about Orks and Trolls in Shadowrun is their short lifespan.
Because rather than taking that interesting element and running with it, the players would rather play a race which will never die of old age, when they're likely to die within the next 6 months anyway because of their retarded lifestyle.

And yes, while I'd take immortality if it was offered to me, some people get FAR too caught up in it.
>>
>>53905116
This is kinda weird for me. I tend to describe older vampires as people in their 30-40s even if that makes no sense. Same I owuld have trouble imagining adept or master not being at least in their 30s. But this is personal preference
>>
>>53905006
Okay, THAT makes more sense.
DaveB isn't saying "immortality prevents Ascension", he's stating the fact that if you weld your soul to the Fallen World, and don't allow it to leave, thus rendering yourself flawlessly immortal (so long as you can keep coming back from death), you can't ascend.

THAT makes sense.
Your Soul can't join the Supernal, because it can't leave the Phenomenal.

However other methods of immortality which don't involve such ludicrous safeguards, won't stop Ascension.
>>
>>53905196
I usually pictures Masters as older than even that. Not everyone Awakens at the same age.
>>
>>53905203
>Morgoth's ring
>>
>>53905052
Most Archmages don't go for immortality?
So they're all pissy old men crapping on reality.

This is perfectly in theme for such cosmic douchebaggery.

"get off my blueprints for reality you damn kids!"
>>
>>53905248
The Arcane Experience you need to spend on that Imperial Practice, let alone the Quintessence, is a resource that you could instead spend on either pursuing Ascension, or further power.

It's building the groundwork for a contingency you don't want to use.
>>
What about Blood Sorcery (S&B rules)? Can vamp with maxed Themes stand against Master mage?
>>
>>53905326
No. They cannot.
Stop asking.
>>
>>53905326
lolno

ain't no way around exceptional success "i kill you now" unmaking nuke
>>
>>53905340
But there are no Paradox and spell control limit...
>>
>>53905326
Jesus christ this isn't even good bait.
>>
>>53905357
For a Master, spell control is a pathetic worry, Paradox loses a lot of its bite when you have a Master's free reach on all improvised spells, and a Master's possibility for exceptional successes renders competition pointless.

In addition, Mages don't have to spend a resource to use spells, can chain and enhance spells such that they can do everything from the other side of the planet, and have major advantages in Clashes of Wills.

Hell, a Master's Shielding spells (with Duration primary) automatically get +4 dice for their year-long duration.
>>
>>53905353
You can't do this with unmaking.
And Clash of Wills mechanic doesn't give a fuck about it anyway.
>>
>>53905401
>You can't do this with unmaking.
Ummm what?

>And Clash of Wills mechanic doesn't give a fuck about it anyway.
Mages can set up CoW using most anything. They know what your weaknesses are. Good luck out-Clashing them when they instigate it beforehand.
>>
>>53905435
“I Turn Him Into a Frog!”
Certain Unmaking (•••••) spells can slay a target with a single casting, or neutralize them permanently, but even then, the spell is always Withstood
by the target’s relevant Resistance Attribute.
>>
>>53905470
That's not how it works. It's always Withstood unless you garner an Exceptional Success.
>>
File: cat not amused.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cat not amused.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>Exceptional Successes
>Unmaking one hit kills
>Fate Arcanum

All mistakes
>>
Stop doing nonnpc crossovers!
>>
>>53904547

I know that's basically how I ran it. Except it was the Marauders who gave ol' asswad the dick while the trads and technos fought their semantics war.
>>
>>53905585
At five dots, Space is arguably far more dangerous than Fate.
>>
>>53905618
fuck me same argument with hours and still no evidence.

Why are shitbags claiming fate is uberino?
>>
>>53905030
>>53905041

>mage players are just woke

>vamps are gay am i right
>dogs See furries tehehe

>guess my taste is just ascended

Mage players jerking each other off, k

>>53905077

>OPP forums

There are a few good discussions there. But they have gone deep into SJWness. Everytime even a little bit of politic comes up you have to puke.

>Muh if you don't like the arimanes you are a transphobic anti feminist

>Kuei Jin were soooooooo problematic because it appropiates and simplifies Asian culture (I mean ok it was shit nur surely not due to pc reasons)
>>
>>53905116

I do this, at least until I hit a certain power level and the character has better things to do with their dominion over reality.

>>53905248

They go more for "indefinite" than "Immortal" - that way it's easier when they need to let go.

>>53905326
Vampires are the weakest splat in NWoD by design, much like Wraiths in OWoD because of sheer numbers.

>>53905711
Ahrimanes were meh, and K-J were ridiculous with the whole "super special seperate species of vampire" garbage. Certainly, I expected asia to play host to many bizarre bloodlines, disciplines and magic, paths of enlightenment, takes on the origin story, etc, but as written it reeks of snowflakery.
>>
>>53905500
What a point of special treatment of practice of unmaking in “I Turn Him Into a Frog!” then?
Well, even if I always read it wrong, there is always "penalty against direct magic" variant. You can gain insane potency with S&B system after all.
Also, no CoW supremacy.
From B&S: Certain powers, such as those with exceptionally long
durations, are more enduring in a clash. Night-long effects add
one die to the clash roll, weeklong effects add two, month-long
three; and effects that would last a year or longer add four.
>>
>>53905763

The whole feminist and transfriendly angle of the Ahrimanes is dumb. Its 21st Century snowflake shit. I mean as a small cult of feminist vamps they would work but not as an old bloodline.

>Asia

So much squandered Potential.

>colonial vamps vs. native bloodlines
>age old confucian and buddhist hunter societies
>different yet similar myths of creation
>>
>>53905711
Arimanes are pretty bad. I don't care about the whole female only thing, they're just uninteresting. Most VtM bloodlines are, to be honest.
>>
>>53905848
Thats the whole point. It injects politics and even fails to be interesting.

I rarely use bloodlines tbqh. Most of them are very narrow snowflake Concept shit.
>>
>>53896912
>SJW found
>>
>>53905838
I'm kinda glad they removed kuej-jin in requiem. There are few local bloodlines and that is it. Wicked Dead book introduces some ethnic bloodsuckers but they are not vampires(probably over the years of blood mixing they could be introduced as a proper vamps thou)
>>
>>53905890
Probably just a low end troll more than an ess-jay-wu. Lookit all his bullshit posts, they're all dodgy attempts to inflame something.
>>
>>53905890
>>53905902
He is just edgy. Probably slightly left leaning and you don't have proof and empirical data that its really SJW.

Some people refuse to see a clear trend.
>>
>>53905899

Im a masquerade fag. In my world there are no Kuei Jin.

>the bloodlines and clans are roughly the same, though the overwhelming majority are gangrel and their bloodlines
>Asia is full of traditional hunters
>Chinese Government is much better at hunting and actually has a Spy agency who is at least aware that vamps exist (not about their capabilities though)
>asian vampires are more conservative, much lower density of vamps and very decentralized society
>more colonially influenced hubs like hong kong are ruled by western vampires and sects
>>
>>53906104

Oh and there a few metusaleh mercilessly hunting elders. Viewing asia as their turf
>>
>>53906204
Sounds fair enough. What about presence of various sects?
>>
>>53905848
I think they can be interesting as a bloodline of kinfolks. Just swapping their 5 dot for wolf theme form and call it a day
>>
>>53900022

Thanks anon!
>>
Speaking of bloodlines, how would you spice up a bit the antitribu? Only the City Gangrel have noticeable differences with the main clan, while the Assamites and Toreadors have (or at least had) different curse, and the Malkavians used to have an exclusive discipline, but the others are the clan but eeeeevil. While it's interesting in its own way, a few more differences could be nice as well.
>>
>>53899057
if there was anything good about them, we would not need to complain
(In Book of Secrets defense, I found the list of Demeanours, Merits&Flaws and Jurisdiction among the factions of the Ascension War quite good)
>>
My VtM fixes:

>each vampire gets a dot in celerity, potence, fortidute and protean for free, rationale: so they actually have some power instead of just being shit
>vampires don’t magicaly get super sleepy when the sun rises; rationale: so now they have time to trade stocks, organize their ghouls and shitpost on 4chan even in june
>only direct sunlight actually does aggravated, reflected only does lethal, they are however unable to use their disciplines except the physical ones; rationale: the original is just too punishing, also fortitude now has some use
>rotshrect is only caused by large open fires, candles and cigarettes are fine; rationale: it’s gay when an elder has nonzero chance to panic because somebody pointed cigarette in his direction
>>
>>53904267
source for that? I'm not doubting you, just want to see it with my own eyes.
>>
>>53906411

> Malkavians: Camarillia Malkavians get Dominate making them a political force (like in older versions)

Also antributu have to pick the option where they put more points into disciplines and fewer into Backgrounds

>Brujah: The antributu don't have Presence because they lack the connection to humanity the main clan has. Maybe animalism instead (powergaming danger though)

>Toreador: Hard. Their Clan weakness is shit and very hard to not make ridicioulus ingame. I like the bloodlines weakness much more. Idk something to reflect that the antributu reject the human standard of beauty and art. Something that drives them to inflict suffering, dwelling in their parasitic nature.

>Assamites: Narf. Again i don't care much for the Main clan. Maybe they reject their Main clan as an antes tool so Haqim plagues them with Nightmares and Vision. Reducing their willpower or something like that.

Ventrue: Radical Vampire egalitarians. Instead of making them the Sabbat bureaucrats make them the staunch enemies of the ultra conservatives. Hardcore liberals.
>>
>>53905838

I figured the transtuff was part of the shamanic angle, but the feminist shit was just stupid.
>>
>>53904538
Some are good (Kiasyd, Gargoyles, Salubri), some are bad (True Brujah, Nagaraja, Daughters)
>>
>>53906876
>each vampire gets a dot
A bit much I think. Do VtM vamps get Blood Intensity? Maybe make it free?

>vampires don’t magicaly get super sleepy
This I think is thematic for the game. Maybe if daysleep allowed you to nudge around your ghouls or something like that?

>rotshrect is only caused by large open fires
Agree with this
>>
>>53905711
who the fuck likes the ahrimanes? That they were killed off was one of old WWs best decisions in Revised
>>
>>53906104

I just turn the Dhramas into Paths of Enlightenment, and created clans & bloodlines out of the eastern "sects" with some unique disciplines.
>>
>>53906104
im a masquerade fag and never had a problem with the KJ. There are enough Cainites already in Asia (India, Philippines, Japan, enclaves on the chinese coast), they just have to be more careful and cannot use traditional sect structures as in the West, relying instead on more diplomacy and careful politicking than other authorities who just go muh dominate and muh blood bond
>>
>>53906876

>Vamps shitposting on 4chan

Meme magic is actually infectious malkavian dementation.

To your fix:

>everyone gets 1 dot physical disciplines

Nice.

>Rötschreck weakened

Most groups do that in practice.

>sunlight

Hell nah. That makes vampires OP as fuck.

>my cam fix:
>every starting character gets 5 dot generation for free
>VERY conservative practice of embraces
>mostly elders embrace (often even for their childer who then sire the fledgling)
>diablerie is massively diffused that way
>Sabbath has chaotic embraces
>much lower median generation
>thinbloods mostly sabbath members (the ones living in cam cities are escaped shovelheads thus scourges and mistrust)
>thinbloods Perfect spies
>have to diablerize Cam members to become full vamps
>generally diableration angle in the sect war is much stronger
>>
I've seen rules for creating a locus somewhere that required the investiture of hundreds of points of essence. Anyone got a page and book?
>>
>>53906919

>Malkavians

The clan has always seen more eye to eye with each other across this divide than any but the Nosferatu. I dislike the "Crazy but basically Ventrue" angle of old malks.

>Brujah

Yeah, that could work.

>Toreador

I think the Antitribu already has this.

>Assamites

They have the craving for vitae that the main clan got after the curse was lifted.

>Ventrue

I don't know how you got bureacrats out of "Fanatical Crusaders for the Sword of Caine."
>>
>>53907200
*much higher median generation

>>53907157
Its essentially the same in my world. I just don't like the KJ. So i had to Search other reasons to achieve the same goal.

>>53907072
True

>>53906977
I don't care much for all the bloodlines you mentioned.

>Kyasid: Fae are shit.

>Gargoyles: Only for Dark Ages.
>>
>>53907072
>who the fuck likes the ahrimanes? That they were killed off was one of old WWs best decisions in Revised

This anon does
>>53906266
>>
>>53907157
I like the KJ as an idea, why wouldn't there be Vampires in China if they're everywhere else. But I don't use the weaboo fightan magic system for them, they just get the standard vamp powers.
>>
>>53907258

>Malks

I guess thats a matter of taste.

>Ventrue

They are the Templars and Inquisitors. Part of the organizing bureaucracy.

>Assamites:
I know. I just think thats a retarded PG weakness.
>>
>>53907274

I got an idea for a Kiasyd Vigilante who hunts down the most wicked cainites for use in his Winemaking. One part Sommiler, one part Cryptkeeper.

"This particular vintage is from an Antitribu of Toreador stock. An Ancillia, if memory serves. A regular John Wayne Gacy, he liked working with children. Placed in a wine press and crushed to a pulp by his would be victims, this particular aperitif will make the most torpid Cainite feel like a kid again."
>>
>>53904267

Are you the dude that's supposedly on the team and hates all the other freelancers? If you're actually real, I wonder why you stay on, because you and I both know the money isn't worth it.
>>
>>53907377
True but logically Asia would be the Vamp center of the World. I don't want that so i had to change some things in asia.

See:
>>53905848
>>53905838
>>
>>53908154
By what logic? If the Noddist myth is true, then vampirism being initially a Mediterranean thing before spreading mostly to Europe isn't super unlikely.
>>
>>53908397
What would stop it from spreading to densely populated asia?
>>
>>53908434
It's very far away, and vampires don't like to travel because it's very impractical and dangerous for them? In canon only nomadic Gangrel and Saulot dared to make the trip. It wouldn't be much different if there were no Kuei-Jin.
>>
>>53908526
I forgot that the Ravnos, Setites and minor lines who have quite a hold over India, but still, not many would try to go to China. It's still far away.
>>
>>53908526
Asia isn’t separated from middle east by thousand miles of unpopulated wasteland.

Even a vampire without protean could make the trip by the silk road safely.
>>
>>53908154

Which Is why I had Asia be home to Rather unique clans that were left out of the Book of Nod. Probably because they were products of the Dragon(Caine) and Empress(Lillith) before they split.
>>
>>53909830
every time I hear about Kue-jin I just remember the crossover between Old World and Exalted and how it required Return of the Scarlet Empress to be cannon and the clusterfuck of nonfunctional lore that resulted
>>
>>53909903

That occurs to me too, but they basically dropped it in the storyteller's guide iirc.So I drop it too. There's mythic threads and references between the two settings, but they're not the same timeling
>>
>>53908629
>>53908434

This. Mexico is seperated by a fucking ocean and it is the center of the sabbath. Asia is with a major traderoute.

Given the population density and even earlier cities there asia should at least be the center of a major sect. It should play a vital part in cainite politics if the Kuei Jin and/or other factors thinning vamp population din't exist.
>>
>>53910343
*is connected to europe with a major trade routeyou can comfortably travel on land.
>>
Feedback requested on this new Proximus Dynasty.

http://pasted.co/e54626aa
>>
>>53910598
What's the greater variant on their curse?
>>
>>53910598
>drinking poison as a Oblation

Sounds like a good excuse to me to get drunk
>>
So, what's the power level difference between Hunter the Reckoning and Hunter the Vigil 1e and 2e? I kind of want the crew to not feel like they'll get shit on if they so much as cough wrong, and have a guy in the group that wanted True Faith, or the setting equivalent.
>>
What system in nWoD would I use to stat up a Shadowrun tier Cyberzombie? Planning to drop a Cheiron Group project on my players but I don't know quite how to build it.
>>
>>53911648
Wait until Deviant comes out, or just slap something together with permanent armour and stats in the 6-9 range.
>>
>>53911648
Check out Lost boys from hurt locker maybe
>>
A Thousand Years of Night will be released on Wednesday, shortly on the heels of Secrets of the Covenants.

So, when the heck is Signs of Sorcery coming out?

Also, does OPP intend to release any more supplements for Forsaken besides The Pack?
>>
Would Doctor Strange be arc mage tier?
>>
>>53911995
Dr Strange doesn't fit well in the Mage world in terms of 'magic done'.
>>
>>53910873
>Severe: Danger comes to Walkers one way or another. If they avoid situations where they would suffer the Persistent Condition, Fate conspires to create an Environmental Tilt with them as the epicenter, or apply Personal Tilts to as many people as possible, including the Walker.

>>53911041
Funnily enough, alcohol works as a poison when you drink too much of it, so that would probably work.
>>
>>53911995
Nah, he'd be a versatile Obrimos of the Adamantine Arrow who is really good at making deals with Supernal Entities and other gods, and has lots of powerful Artifacts.
>>
>>53912213
How would you stat Inifity Gems using Mage as a basis
>>
>>53912237
>How would you stat Inifity Gems using Mage as a basis

Typical magefag idea of how mage plays like.
>>
>>53912237
Far too powerful and versatile to have a normal dot rating. They are best handled through ST fiat. I'd classify them as Quintessence for Thanos' Death Transfiguration spell.
>>
>>53905687
Space 5 can flat out make Sympathy.

Do you have any idea how powerful that is?
>>
>>53905248
I can't picture the greatest of wizards looking like young folk.

I damn well expect them to be aged.
>>
>>53897293
Am I the only one lost in how to construct gadgets and infrastructure?
>>
>>53912751
>I can't picture the greatest of wizards looking like young folk.
>I damn well expect them to be aged.

Wrinkles serve the Lie

>Join the Seers
>>
File: 2370558.jpg (150KB, 1240x827px) Image search: [Google]
2370558.jpg
150KB, 1240x827px
>>53912945
Dunno man...
>>
File: 1296758313.png (309KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
1296758313.png
309KB, 500x744px
>>53891616
>>
File: avsIvUA.jpg (324KB, 1503x1656px) Image search: [Google]
avsIvUA.jpg
324KB, 1503x1656px
Need to know most Slavic factions of each splat, Old Darkness and Chronicles alike.
which is best at Rush B? Which looks best in Adidas suit?
>>
>>53914325
Is this from the V5 alpha?
>>
>>53914488
Looks like it. Though I'm too lazy to read such trash thoroughly to double check.
>>
>>53914449
Why would you NOT pick Vasya. This guy loves animals and will always have stories to tell
>>
>>53914325

The Spartans are unironically the best part of that whole adventure.
>>
>>53914449
Probably Hunter. I could see some Cheeki Breeki tier Geists too.
>>
>>53901126
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Danielle_Lauzon
>>
>>53911936
>shortly on the heels of Secrets of the Covenants

Saywhut?
>>
So... Where's a good place to advertise a historical Mage the Awakening game.
In addition, is there is good way to run it that isn't Roll20?
I really don't like a lot of that site, including their devotion to their own shitty soundboard.

Also you fags will be welcome, if you can avoid shitting it up with garbage characters.
>>
>>53916881
The Gamefinder thread or here.
And other then Roll20, discord or IRC are probably your only other options.
>>
>>53900828
Only real thing interesting happening that Monday.
>>
>>53916472
>http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Danielle_Lauzon

and writer at all other times. She enjoys all things sci-fi, fantasy, and horror, and is currently wondering how to fit all three of those genres into the same game.

requiem guys are fucked!
>>
>>53907456
You could have done something cool like growing a ghouled plant vinyard from inside different cainites while they're still alive but instead you went with just hydrolic pressing kindred... you suck.
>>
>>53917893

I'm pretty sure Requiem already had sci-fi and fantasy elements put into it well before her taking on the reins.
>>
>>53897813
>https://nordiclarp.org/2015/03/02/bleed-the-spillover-between-player-and-character/

Yeah, he isn't mentally fit to be writing RPG material, he clearly needs help, and to be separated from the game, for his own health, and likely that of others around him.
>>
>>53917983

That's a work in progress. Mandrakes are pretty finicky, you know.
>>
>>53918089
>Yeah, he isn't mentally fit to be writing RPG material, he clearly needs help, and to be separated from the game, for his own health, and likely that of others around him.

Given his proclivities, history, and personality, him being a rapist on top wouldn't surprise anyone. Nor would it being kept quite by people who think hes worth anything.
>>
>>53918157

I don't know what LARP "theory" has to do with tabletop
>>
File: urt.gif (561KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
urt.gif
561KB, 320x200px
>>53897813
>Satyros
>>
>>53918333
wait till V5e is out then you will see...prepare your anus for larp supremacy.
>>
>>53918384

I will be taking a pass on Cuckula's "vision" for "one world of darkness" if this is the case.
>>
>>53918381
It's true. It's laughable and true.
>>
>>53918457
Eh. All of the big mechanical changes are not something that could EVER be run in a LARP.
>>
>>53918609
That doesn't change the oversimplified rules approach that is near identical to how the original MET books were written. The weird shitty hunger mechanics not being LARP viable doesn't change the fact that the over simplified rules are following a more LARP style design choice, not that of a table top game.
>>
>>53918634
Eh. They're redesigning for the modern, narrative, RPG aesthetics. I for one won't miss the Appearance dumpstat and the Dex godstat.
>>
>>53918689
>the Appearance dumpstat
But without it you have a much harder time identifying snowflakes with minimal effort. NWoD's Striking Looks was usually a dead give away too.
>>
>>53918793
I don't play with fuckstains, I have trust and confidence in my awesome playgroup. I just wish I wasn't forever ST.
>>
>>53918837
If you don't play with fuckstains then why does Dex being a godstat bother you?

>Forever ST
I feel ur pain. All I want is to play a game and no one else ever bothered to learn the rules enough to run one.
>>
>>53918891
'Cause I get tired of hearing about it from other groups and players outside my playgroup, mainly.
>>
Do any of you guys have character art of a male office worker?
>>
>>53907200
>Meme magic is actually infectious malkavian dementation.
Sorry. Mage20 core already has that statted.

Memophores (digital web entities).

Nerdrage: Seething cloud of aggressive and often incoherent insults, sometimes manifesting as a white human male of unflattering appearance and demeanor. Tends to be grotesquely sexist, racist, homophobic, and obsessed with bodily functions and related insecurities. Fanatically fixated upon pop-culture trivia and/ or paranoid political theories; often has impressive resources to draw upon. Can occasionally be talked into something resembling pleasant conversation by an apparently sympathetic peer. Traits: Category 4; Computer 3, Esoterica (geek culture) 4, Expression 3, Research 3, Technology 2

You're all proving Brucato right. Checkmate.
>>
>>53919394
>>
>>53896298
It's amazing how Vampires are absolutely mediocre constatly and yet they always remain as they main dominators and most prevalent group among all WoDs.
>>
>>53899260
But Vampires > Mages in terms of relevance to the whole world of darkness, Classic or Chronicles.
>>
>>53899326
Hello there, the Technocratic Union would like a word.
>>
>>53901199
>How do they even function as people?

They don't, and that's the fun point of them as a clan and as vampires/individuals. You use excellent seduction + Presence to have everyone sucking your cock/pussy 24/7 until the Ventrue come in to stop the fun.
>>
>>53904537
>>53904547
I'd say Voormas himself is the strongest mage in existance, considering his caveat of "when defeated/killed, whoever does so must continue on his goal", therefore fucking Unnamed absolutely. If Hermes Trismegistrus was a thing then he could count too as the Hermetic of Hermetics.
>>
>>53920363
I'm not even a hundred percent the Unnamed counts as a Magician or an 'entity' that Voormas' Jhor can corrupt.
>>
>>53914325
We need more WoD Spurdos too like some anon said previous thread.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.