[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG: 4chan Plane Creation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 92

File: 941.jpg (52KB, 578x691px) Image search: [Google]
941.jpg
52KB, 578x691px
https://boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/53006755/

A while back we attempted to create a 3 set block based around the idea of 4chan becoming a plane in Magic the Gathering. The blocks are seperated as a timeline based off of early 4chan to present, and famous 4chan users as legendary crestures or planeswalkers.

Here are the base mechanics we decided to keep:

>Bait
>You may pay this creature's bait cost to change the target of a spell or ability that targets a creature to this creature.

>Meme
>Target ___ or a spell on the stack. That card and copies of it become Y.

>Spoiler
>You may play this card face down for (2), as a 2/2 vanilla creature. When it blocks or becomes blocked, or becomes the target of a spell or ability your opponents control, turn it

>Spoiler
You may play this card face down for (2), as a 2/2 vanilla creature. When it blocks or becomes blocked, or becomes the target of a spell or ability your opponents control, turn it over.

>Implying X
>You may cast this card for its Implying cost if your opponent has played a card this turn with the same CMC

>Digits
>You get Digit counters depending on specific conditions on each card, for example:
>This card gets Digits if you use mana of three different colors to cast it
>This card gets Digits if your opponent controls at least two other creatures

>Shitpost
>at X point, shitpost N (create N 1/1 colourless shitpost creature tokens)

There are more ideas and cards from that thread that are either promising or trash.
>>
File: 1469047751171.png (8KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469047751171.png
8KB, 473x500px
Frog tribal let's go.
>>
>>53887427
>>Shitpost
>>at X point, shitpost N (create N 1/1 colourless shitpost creature tokens)
I don't really like this one, shitposting should be baiting for (You)s and we should introduce a (You) mechanic of some sort
>>
>>53890849
(You)s are token artifacts that you can tap and crack to put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control.
>>
>>53890849
>>53891894
(You) artifacts should have some flavour and work alongside Bait for obvious (You)'s, or an enchantment that gives you (You)'s when an opponent cast certain spells.
>>
Before actually getting to the card making we need to make the skeleton of the set.
>>
To begin, let's start with the first set.
Let's place in it 4 mechanics and leave the rest for the next 2 sets.

So the first step will be choosing what mechanics to introduce and how do they work.
>>
It could be:

Shitpost X: Whenever this card is targeted by a spell or an ability, create N (You) Artifact tokens.

A (You) artifact token is like >>53891894 said, tap and crack to place a +1/+1 on a creature you control.

Bait: Like OP said

Spoiler(recurrent): Like OP said

Implying X: Like OP said

And the colors would be:

Implying UBW
Bait URB
Shitpost GWR
Spoiler every color, like morph
>>
>>53887427
This already seems great.
>>
Then, in order to have a better view on how the cards will be, let's determine the archetypes for color pairs.

WU:
UB:
BR:
RG:
GW:
WR:
UG:
BW:
UR:
GB:
>>
>>53887427
If there isn't a Wild ride card I'll be angry.
>>
>>53892567

To determine what the archetypes will be, we also need to determine what the "lore" of this set is.

OP said that every set encapsulates a part of the story of 4chan. So the first one could either be the past or the present(so we can return to the past a la tarkir)
>>
So let's try with chronological order. That means we begin with the beginning of 4chan and with all the stuff that was hip at the time.
>>
>>53892767
Pedobear, desu, trolls, lolcats, rickrolling and all the other ancient memes of past times, along with manifestations of the boards and famous users.
>>
Now we're ready to build the archetypes of ancient 4chan, when pepe and wojak still weren't around. For example

WU: Classic Control
UB: Implying/Bait and other shenanigans
BR: Classic Rakdos-Like stuff
RG: Shitposting Trolls
GW: Token Swarm
WR: Boros-Like Stuff
UG: Tempo
BW: Stealing stuff
UR: Changing the gameplay itself
GB: Usual graveyard business
>>
Alright, and now that we have a generic guideline we can get on the hot topic: card making.

Let's begin with the commons, as always.

Let's remember the red flag reminders suggested on http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/597944-primer-set-skeletons, since having a number of redflagged commons that exceed around 20% can potentially break gameplay.

And so we begin with the white color.
>>
>>53893104
Said reminders are:
- Does it affect other permanents?
- 4 or more lines of rules text?
- need to be read twice?
- Card advantage
- Multiple card kill
- Do you create a loop?
- Needed in numbers?
- rules issues
>>
Whether or not it's a 2 or 3 set block should hinge upon whether we do some Internet conflict that will feature tumblr and reddit and whatnot. If we intend to do just 4chan, I'd suggest 2 sets as I'm not sure we'd have enough for a solid 3.

To keep things simple, perhaps we could have the first set be an inter-board conflict. With the goal for winning to achieve a spark and finally be able to escape 4chan
>>
>>53893211
Cool Idea!
>>
The boards should be a set of legendary enchantments with an ETB effect and an ongoing effect.
>>
Thanks to >>53893211 we now have a cool plot too, so we can add some neat flavor text.

Onwards with the white commons!

Let's make 18 of them, as in the template used by the site previously linked. And we begin with the creatures.

Creatures: White (total: 12)
1cmc:
2cmc
3cmc:
4cmc:
5cmc:
6cmc

With this we need to set not only the number of creatures but also their size(small, medium or large).
>>
>>53893474
Let's suppose this

1cmc : 2 : small, small
2cmc : 3 : small, small, small
3cmc : 4 : small, small, small ,medium
4cmc : 2 : medium, medium
5cmc : 1 : medium
6cmc : 0 :
>>
File: Self-Righteous Plebeian.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Self-Righteous Plebeian.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Let's have a look at our first hypotetical card. It could be used as a color cycle, the Plebian one, which is composed of 1/1 with shitpost 1 and an ever green ability typical of that color.
>>
43KB, 375x523px
>>53894119
Better text format, typo corrected and different ability.
>>
File: Get Out!.jpg (239KB, 800x574px) Image search: [Google]
Get Out!.jpg
239KB, 800x574px
>>53888262
>NORMIES GET OUT!!!!!!
>instant
>All frog creatures get first strike, deathtouch, and +2/+0 until end of turn.
>if played on your turn, frog creatures gain an additional +2/+0 and produce three Digits
I don't know what the mana cost should be. I've got other ideas for frog tribal and other spells, if you like plz no bully
>>
>>53894395
Good idea, it will be nice for the more recent set.
>>
>>53894395
Good idea, but I feel like Normies Get Out is an exile against 2cmc creatures while what you posted is full REEEEEE, if that makes any sense.
>>
File: Delivering Priest.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Delivering Priest.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
An obvious reference to /r/.
>>
File: Omninous Shadow.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Omninous Shadow.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>Implying X
Hey, funnily enough I came up with the exact same mechanic for a personal set.
>>
>>53894444
Awesome to hear, I'll try to get an idea out for an older meme
>>53894555
It strangely does, since the REEEEEE could be a keyword for supertrample.
Heh. Nice numbers anons.
>>
>>53893538
These guys should be W commons for the first set of early 4chan. I guess they could be considered U or WU as well if they're a hacktivist.
>>
Spoon Feed - WW
Sorcery
Search target opponents library for a card of their choice and put it in thier hand. Shuffle their library.
>>
>>53894688
Hug decks are fun, but there should be some payoff for yourself, like
>Search target player's library for a non-land card of their choice. Shuffle their library.
But
>Add the chosen card's CMC to your mana pool
Or
>Search your library for a card of the same CMC/Rarity
>>
>Death of 4chan
>WWUUBBRRGG
>sorcery
>Shuffle your graveyard and hand into your library, scry 7, draw seven cards, and do seven damage to each opponent
>Put Death of 4chan on the bottom of your library
>No matter what newfags say, 4chan can never die.
>>
>>53894809
>You lose the game at the end of your next end phase.
>>
Upload the set symbol sumbitch
>>
>>53894832
A terrible trade off to a I think powerful card.
>>
>>53894898
>>53894832
Shit, I forgot to type I like it. I'm reatrd, leave me alone.
>>
File: Merciless Guard.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Merciless Guard.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
A reference to janitors full of zeal
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (15KB, 426x320px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
15KB, 426x320px
Hate to jump the gun and skipping W commons, but what would Quwen Boxxybabee's colors be? A fun, lolrandom (passion) R?
>>
>>53895012
Yes, red fits her well
>>
File: Anon.png (165KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Anon.png
165KB, 375x523px
The man, the legend, the timeless, anon.
Gonna post suggestions with square symbol, in card form just to make it neater.
>>
Perfect except for one thing: White doesn't fit an anon really well in terms of flavor. He does things because "lol", so I think he should be a 1/1 hastered like raging goblin
>>
>>53895129
Anon is intended to represent the overall neutral user, not the rabid hatred of pol nor the self-righteousness of hacktivists, just the average user.
>>
Explain the Meme keyword better. What do you mean by target becomes Y? is it like painter's servant or something else?
>>
>>53895162
I understand but still the average user doesn't come here because "he thinks he's right", he comes to have fun, thus red.

At least, that's my opinion
>>
>>53894952
>Cry of Order/MOOOOOODS!
>4WW
>Enchantment Uncommon
>Put two 2/2 human knight tokens onto the field
>Whenever an opponent shitposts or plays two or more creature tokens on their turn, put two 2/2 human knight tokens onto the battlefield.
>>
>>53895211
Perfect
>>
>>53894119
This needs to be worded better, Shitpost as I see it would work like Investigate in that it puts down a token when called.
When Self-righteous Plebeian enters the battlefield, shitpost 1
Lifelink
for example.
>>
43KB, 375x523px
>>53895259
fixed
>>
W: /r/, /int/
U: /sci/, /lit/
B: /biz/
R: /b/, /i/
G: /an/, /trv/

GWB: /fit/
RUG: /tg/
BR: /d/, /h/, etc.
UB: /x/
WBR: /pol/
WG: /ck/
UR: /co/
WU: /adv/
BUG: /k/
>>
Not white, sorry guys.
>DSFARGEG
>3RRR
>Instant
>Ban target player from the game for two turns
>Your banned for one turn after target player comes back into the game
>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>53895073
>>53895129
>>53895162
>>53895202
Personally, I thought all beings inside the plane of 4chan, or at least in certain walls, you're anon until your reject it, thus becoming a namefag and revealing your identity. I think there can be all types of anon colors, but they would have to be restricted to a few colors. Throwing out possible examples.

>W newfags
>U lurkers
>B trolls
>R shitposters
>G ???
>>
>>53895392
G would be oldfags
>>
>>53895392
nice idea
>>
>>53895432
We're operating over the assumption that we're gonna divide by eras, so there wouldn't be any oldfags in classical era 4chan.
>>
File: Indignated Knight.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Indignated Knight.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
The classic example of an user who feels insulted by those who do not share his beliefs.
>>
>>53895392
>G ???
>anon is already green

Fuck I'm dumb. G anons are the normal anons familiar to 4chan, in between all of the assholes and newfags.
>>
File: Indignated Knight.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Indignated Knight.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>53895479
Forgot the implying cost
>>
>>53895457
I personally don't see the need to divide by era, as I'm sure having new and old coexisting would make it easier to fill out a set of over 200 cards without having to start grasping for straws at some point.
>>
>>53895547
Maybe we rushed a bit too much in this. We should do something like a strawpoll so we can decide on the lore and the abilities.
>>
File: King of Gets.jpg (555KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
King of Gets.jpg
555KB, 555x555px
Not sure about how your making these, but how about a king of GETs card?
Maybe an enchantment that makes you win when you have 5 digits counters
maybe it steals others digit counters?
Just throwing ideas out
>>
File: Self-Righteous Plebeian.png (177KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Self-Righteous Plebeian.png
177KB, 375x523px
>>53895299
No no, not like that, like this.
Also these cards are really damn powerful. A 1 drop with insane value like this would be at least an uncommon. Shitpost is a strong keyword with low CMC cards, even a 1 CMC card with Shitpost 1 is already a really good common, adding another keyword ontop of that makes it too strong for a common.
>>53895508
You need to elaborate on how exactly Implying is gonna be formatted, because this card has some really weird shit going for it. What's that 2 for? If the CMC to cast it for its Implying cost the same CMC as the card, the 2 is redundant. Also, to separate that you use a long dash — not a colon.
>>53895547
>>53895606
I agree with this. Make a strawpol to decide that.
>>
>>53895479
>>53895508
You have Implying wrong. Its supposed let you cast that card from your hand for its Implying cost if an opponent played a card in the same turn if it has the same CMC of your Implying cost.

So this card should keep an Implying 2 cost but change it's CMC to 3. Its to have more value when your opponent summons cards with the same mana costs if your Implying cards. The good thing I like about this is that it's not just restricted to creatures. I hope to see more use of it.
>>
I've got a white idea.
>The Bob Ross Sticky
>6WW
>Enchantment
>When someone shit posts, flip three coins. For every coin flip you win, target player is banned for one turn
>“There are no mistakes, only happy accidents."
>>
>>53895639
Alright then.

First of all the strawpoll for the sets. The options are:

3 sets of generic "Life on the plane 4chan" based on content on chronological order
2 sets of generic "Life on the plane 4chan" based on content on chronological order
2 sets with some plot, with the first one about people fighting on the plane to get the spark and the second one about seeing that the challenge/ritual/etc was only a trick to make the other planes of tumblr/reddit etc crash on it and start an interplanar war like for Alara or some other generic fluff
>>
>>53895682
I think the keywords ought to have a re-writing to straighten things out by someone familiar with MTG, as I can tell kind anon is a bit wonky on the fine tuning.
I'm going to make a poll on the formatting soon so we can decide right away.
>>
File: KOG.png (359KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
KOG.png
359KB, 375x523px
Does this work? Don't know how to do the 4 chan set logo
>>
Strawpoll about the size and type of the set is ready. Next we do the one to set in stone the abilities.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13234551
>>
>>53892117
>>53888262
How about have a tribe for each color?

W: Nazi subtype (have a bunch of hate cards against black creatures)
U: Don't know lol
B: Skeletons
R: Kolbods
G: frogs
>>
>>53895758
You're not talking about re-writing Implying completely, are you?

I was the one who thought of it in the first thread.
>>
>>53895830
No, I'm talking about taking the original intent of the keyword and writing it with valid MTG syntax to fully eliminate confusion.
>>
>>53895848
I for one have no idea what shitpost means
but then again I once did a draft where I pulled a banding card and asked what it meant and everyone just groaned and refused to maybe I just suck at understanding rules
>>
>>53895606
>>53895639
>>53895752
>>53895547

Read through the thread in OP. We've already decided that the plot should take place of Moot creating 4chan as a planswalker in the first block then Hiro entering the 4chan we have now as a planeswalker.

I need more time to dig through that thread to not waste what material we already thought of.
>>
>>53895798
Could I get some feedback here?
>>
>>53887427
Looking though, I forgot we replaced Meme due to the first one being so convoluted.

>Keyword: Meme
>When a card with meme comes into play, any player that did not cast the spell may cast it for the meme cost. (This means if the other player activates the meme cost, the first player may activate it as well as infinitum so far as they have the mana)

>Flamewar: RR
>Sorcery
>Deal 1 damage to an opponent. Meme 1 >(Pay 1 colourless)

>Gondola: 1G
>Creature
>Meme 1
>1/2
>>
Should boards be enchantments?
>>
>>53896072
Boards are the color identities/guilds.
>>
>>53896100
/pol/= white red?
/Tg/ =blue red ?
/b/= red green ?
/d/= black red?
>>
>>53895928
That's just Banding being Banding.
>>53887427
>Bait X (X:Change the target of target spell or ability that targets a creature to this creature)
Not sure what meme is supposed to do entirely.
>Spoiler X (You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for 2. Turn it face up any time for its spoiler cost.)
>Implying X (If an opponent cast a spell with the same converted mana cost as this card, you may play it this turn for its Implying cost as though it had flash)
Digits is an ability word, and each card would need to specify the counter type if it's counters and then DO something with them if they aren't +1/+1 counters. What's the planned payoff for the counters? Things like this should have some consistency - either in what they get in the end, or what triggers them, otherwise you end up with Chroma.
Technically shitpost doesn't need to be a keyword, you can just make the shitposts individually (investigate made wonky tokens, and fabricate did other things as well), but the wording's correct there.
>>
>>53896183
Also, please remember that in a real magic set, everything but a small number of rares/mythics will have its full reminder text on the card - which affects the amount of text available for other abilities and for flavor text.
>>
>>53896183
See here >>53896037 for Meme. My bad.

And your right about Digits, however someone from the previous thread suggested this:

>seems neat, similar to charge counters. would be neat if it worked with colour, digits counters based on shared colors of creatures you control

And an example of a Kek God card that wants same CMC's everywhere from the battlefield to the graveyard and in exile.
>>
How will waifu wars be represented?
>>
File: Benis.gif (5MB, 350x185px) Image search: [Google]
Benis.gif
5MB, 350x185px
>>53896556
I don't know. Here's a bump though and another idea I don't know if you guys like what I've been putting down, but I might as well try to churn out more spells that could be used till someone tells me to stop
>Benis
>2G
>Instant
>Target creature get's +2/+2 and trample till end of turn
>If player is Finnish, target creature gets an additional +2/+2
>:DD
>>
>>53896556
Im thread 1, someone tried to make a waifu mechanic:

>Waifu
>When a creature with waifu ETB select one other creature without waifu. Put a virginity counter on said creature.
>from here you can have effects like "so long as the v counter from this creature remains, it gains x"

And then there was discussion about Waifu Shrines:

>What about bringing back shrines as Waifu Shrine for each color but instead of doing something each turn, it only have a etb effect.
>Then, paying some cost, you can bring a legendary /a/ creature from outside of the game.
>Shrine of the Miko - 2W
>Enchantment - Waifu Shrine
>When ~ enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 Human Miko with Cute 1
>Pay 5WW, Sacrifice ~ : Search for a card called Kikyo, Vengeful Miko from outside of the game and put it on the battlefield.

Totally forgot about the Cute mechanic:
>Cute X (When this creature is dealt combat damage, prevent X damage.)
>>
>>53895821
U should be Wizards. You remember the pudgy fingered fatty in divination? He should be the inspiration for the whole tribe for this set.
>>
File: 7.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>53893538
Are reprints allowed if it has flavor?
>>
File: 10 (1).jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
10 (1).jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>53895012
>>53895027
>not a Gaiafag anymore

How do you build a R Boxxy Legendary that's the opposite of all Gaea cards?
>>
>>53896442
I would need to see some examples of Digits to see how best to word them.
As is, Meme doesn't work the way you want it - it can either work for permanents or work for sorceries/instants but not both at once, due to the rules of magic itself (a copy of a permanent spell would cease to exist once it leaves the stack, and sorceries/instants don't enter the battlefield).
I'd suggest going for a sorcery/instant version, personally - you can always make tokens with those if need be. Though, if you want enchantments/artifacts, you need to cut the instants/sorceries.
>Meme X (When this spell is cast, any player other than the controller may pay X. If they do, that player casts a copy of this spell and may select new targets for it.)
OR
>Meme X (When this permanent enters the battlefield, any player other than its controller may pay X. If they do, they may put a token copy of it onto the battlefield under their control.)

The repeated copying doesn't need to be specified directly, since the new copies have that ability now.
>>
File: Pool's closed.png (301KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pool's closed.png
301KB, 375x523px
>>53887427
did I do good sempai?
>>
>>53897377
I see what you mean now and I like it. Meme makes more sense now. But standing by the idea of the anon who created it, we would have to find a mechanic for players to continuously haggle the spell from each other.

Buuuut the more I write this out, the more it sounds like a single card to huge for a mechanic. Maybe even cycle legendary spells for each color?

>Player 1 is the controller and plays a card with Meme
>Player 2 can pay that card's Meme cost but suffers a problem of mana spent and other drawbacks depending on the card (pay X life, discard X cards, etc.)
>Whoever pays the Meme cost is now the new controller, which is Player 2
>Player 1 can now pay the Meme cost since they are no longer the controller
>>
>>53896442
As a further note - if there's one or two important cards for an ability word that don't work with whatever is decided is the trigger or the payoff, they can still work without the ability word but be part of it (see Emrakul, the Promised End and Delirium)
>>
>>53897494
I understand what's happening in this card, but resolving the stack is confusing phrasing for players to wrap their heads around like me pls no bully.

Can't it just end the opponent's turn and prevent the opponent from using the card types he tried to play that turn?
>>
>>53897914
That's how it would work if worded either way - I made sure to keep that.
There is one big difference between the two, and that's that the spell version will have whoever pays the cost last get their thing to go off first, while the ETB version will have any other ETB triggers on the cards happen before further copies are made. No real way around that, since both triggers would go off at the same time and any sane player would stack them in the best order for them.
>>
>>53898007
it just seems to cruel and OP if it just undoes everything you've done.
I was trying to word it so everything you've already played and all the stuff you already resolved goes off, but then your done.
But I dont get the stack either so if someone better at wording wants to edit feel free.
Get it though? Black/Blue?
>>
File: 117[1].jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
117[1].jpg
54KB, 312x445px
>>53898080
Outright ending the turn costs the same and is less specific.
>>
File: 1497917094563713.png (292KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1497917094563713.png
292KB, 375x523px
>>53898123
Well that works. Brilliant
I have made a card.
>>
>>53898142
>no flavor text
>>
>>53898123
>>53898142

Flavor text:

ZA WARUDO- TOKI WO TOMARE
>>
File: pool 3.png (298KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
pool 3.png
298KB, 375x523px
>>53898205
>>53898187
better?
>>
>>53898228
But now it's just time stop with Black splashed in which is harder to play now. It needs reason to be Black gameplay wise.
>>
I have finished reformatting every keyword from the OP and I've also made a big old form for you guys to understand and vote on how we're gonna take this.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgmLWFjH4zXlB3z0VXnBvUO1PWpa0xIMO8lBMSeNelJ_W_Tg/viewform?usp=sf_link
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgmLWFjH4zXlB3z0VXnBvUO1PWpa0xIMO8lBMSeNelJ_W_Tg/viewform?usp=sf_link

It's a fairly comprehensive list, I will post the results of it in an hour or two.
>>
File: pool 4.png (297KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
pool 4.png
297KB, 375x523px
>>53898361
based?
>>
>>53897198
So basically Wizards are going to be basement dwellers who use piss bottles and weigh over 300 pounds and use 4chan way too often
>>
>>53898398
Great work anon. There should be a Gets Shit Done card based on you.

Are you also saving the cards you created as well?

>>53898703
You could reduce the cost by 1 for 5 CMC and pay 2 life instead.
>>
File: Oppositon.png (320KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Oppositon.png
320KB, 375x523px
>>53898870
im only willing to edit the card so much
here having another one
>>
>>53898703
Now it's just better time stop, and can also be monoblack time stop.
Black doesn't get time stop, nor does it get counterspells. Nothing from Time Spiral counts for anything ever, nor does anything pre-Invasion.
I would say, if you want a UB time stop of some sort, go with 3UUB and add a minor black effect on there before ending the turn.
>>
File: King of Gets.jpg (31KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
King of Gets.jpg
31KB, 375x523px
>>53898870
The cards I made for examples aren't heavily thought out balance wise, but I will keep them handy for the future once we sort out the survey.
>>
File: hacker 4 chan card.png (324KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
hacker 4 chan card.png
324KB, 375x523px
>>53898915
look mate I get your criticisms
but its gonna be blue black because its pools closed.
check out this other thing I made
>>53898974
>>53895798
I already made a king of GETs card
>>
>>53899033
That's why I said to MAKE it blue/black instead of making it hybrid (which it's not at all) or just throwing mana symbols on it. There's a ton of small black rider effects one can throw on shit.
Hell, even something like making a creature token can work.
>>
>>53899033
He's saying it could be a monoblack Time Stop due to you have the mana cost a choice of either 4UU, 4UB, or 4BB, the latter showing as a mono-black card. Just make the hybrid mana costs solid and add in some black game mechanics.
>>
>>53899259
>>53899259
>>53899216
Ok like this? I will go to sleep but thanks for the feedback trying to do my bit for getting shit done
>>
File: pool 5png.png (287KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
pool 5png.png
287KB, 375x523px
>>53899371
fuck didn't post pic
>>
>>53887427
>>
>>53899449
>0/10
>no 3/1 Sonichu token with Haste

But for a first timer that's pretty damn good. Mind helping out with our plan here >>53893474 to build more commons?
>>
>>53899449

Pretty good, but I don't think it deserves the legendary treatment. If it gave all of your creatures (or even your autists) vaccines then I can see it being a legendary creature, but yeah looks nice
>>
File: FINAL RESULTS.png (102KB, 724x2419px) Image search: [Google]
FINAL RESULTS.png
102KB, 724x2419px
FINAL RESULTS

OFFICIAL SYNTAX:
Bait <cost>
If target spell or ability your opponents control targets another creature you control, change its target to this creature.

Meme
Starting with your next opponent, that player may pay mana equal this card’s converted mana cost. If they do, they copy this spell, and they repeat this process. They may choose new targets for the copy.

Spoiler
You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for {2}. When it blocks or becomes blocked, or when it is targeted by a spell or ability that your opponents control, turn it face up.

Implying <cost>
Whenever an opponent casts a spell with a converted mana cost equal to this card, you may cast this card by paying its implying cost.

Digits
They are supported as player-based counters like experience! Build cards around increasing, manipulating and using these if you'd like!

Shitpost
shitpost <number> — Create
<number> 1/1 colorless Shitpost
creature tokens.
Use as an action inside rules text, ie "When you draw a card, shitpost 1."

Feel free to post this rules text shit in the next OP or whatever.
>>
File: Second card I guess.png (255KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Second card I guess.png
255KB, 375x523px
>>53899530
I guess I could do a few.

>>53893474
>>
>>53899443
Pool's Closed 3UB
Instant
As an additional cost to cast Pool's Closed, pay 3 life.
End the turn.
>>53899033
This card is not black at all. It is monoblue in all of its effects. It is also undercosted - there is exactly one permanent that can do what this does, and it is a legendary (so you know, only one can be out) that taps to counter a spell outright for 2UU at a time when Counterspell was the default counter. This card, as is, means that the first thing your opponent plays every turn for the rest of the game doesn't happen, which gets worse when dealing with multiples - and due to the low cost of the ability, said multiples can easily keep things locked up. It is horrible gameplay.
>>
>>53899702
But meme doesn't need a feedback loop written out. Copying the spell copies meme as well, so having it written out just means there's TWO copy triggers for each copy, while making it longer.
>>
>>53899833
Copying a spell means you did not cast it, so it will not trigger. This is the whole reason I needed to reformat it.
>>
File: Third one.png (188KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Third one.png
188KB, 375x523px
>>53893474
Okay, this is kind of fun.
>>
>>53899905
Needs to be a tap ability
Also proper formatting would be "Target creature gets +0/+X until end of turn, where X is ~'s toughness"
>>
File: Phantom Ride Cat.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Phantom Ride Cat.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>
File: 223[1].jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
223[1].jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>53899899
>>Meme X (When this spell is cast, any player other than the controller may pay X. If they do, that player casts a copy of this spell and may select new targets for it.)
A copy is cast if what's copying it says it's cast.
>>
A cycle of commons could be done that mildly disrupt a spell, ability, or an attack

>Marvel Shill
>DC Shill
>Clinton Shill
>Israel Shill
>WOTC Shill
>>
>>53899702
Have a Pepsi
2WUR
Sorcery
Creatures your opponents control can't attack until your next turn turn unless their controller pays 5
Meme
>>
>>53899952
You are correct.
Meme (When you cast this spell, opponents may pay mana equal to its converted mana cost. If they do, they cast a copy of this spell. They may select new targets for the copy.)
>>
>>53887427
Would Christopher Robin be a mono black God card?
>>
>>53900027
I would prefer the gravitational pull of pepsi
>>
>>53900073
Holy fuck I remember reading through that. Shit's like reading the unfiltered thoughts of an Eldrazi titan.
>>
>>53900073
>>53900088
If I had to choose one thing to be able to force the entirety of into someone's mind all at once as a psychic attack that would be my third place pick.
>>
>>53900027
Sadly, not a good meme card between the high cost and the simple fact that it will never be cast in the first main phase, when it would actually benefit an opponent who could pay that cost. Adding a 'first main phase' clause means that it will only be cast when either the opponent can't use Meme (thus the text being pointless) or the player casting it wasn't going to attack anyways (thus the text being pointless)
Just because something is a meme does not mean it has to have the keyword Meme. Almost everything is going to be a meme, after all.
>>
File: Administrator Feline.jpg (34KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Administrator Feline.jpg
34KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53900027
A Case of Bad Luck
RRBB
Roll two 20 sided dice and add that many digit counters. If you have repeating digits, then target player discards 3 cards and A Case of Bad Luck deals 6 damage to target player. If not, you discard a card and lose 2 life.
Meme

Flavor text: a 1 in 11 chance are still slim odds
>>
File: WOTC shill.png (260KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
WOTC shill.png
260KB, 375x523px
Pls give criticism
>>
>>53900212
Needs to be simpler
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (106KB, 504x720px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
106KB, 504x720px
>>53900144
>Jace, please? What are yo-
>TYPICAL LIGHT PATH
>GRAVITATIONAL PULL OF PEPSI
>RELATIVITY OF SPACE AND TIME
>UNIVERSE EXPANSION = THE PEPSI ORBIT
>THE UNIVERSE EXPANDS EXPONENTIALLY WITH F(X)=E^X
>[1 LIGHT YEAR = 671 MILLION MILES PER HOUR]
>X=1 LIGHT YEAR / PEPSI PLANET
>X=2 LIGHT YEAR / PEPSI GALAXY
>X=8 LIGHT YEAR / PEPSI UNIVERSE
>>
File: wotc shill 2.0.png (260KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
wotc shill 2.0.png
260KB, 375x523px
>>53900212
>>53900222

As dumbed down as it could get
>>
File: Hang In There.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hang In There.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>
File: KRiPzDX.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
KRiPzDX.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
From thread 1

>Gatewatch arrives
>Jace attempts to mindread an anon
>Says something 'witty'
>Anon shitposts back
>Jace, not used to this, says another 'witty' remark, this time a bit less stably
>Anons start to gather around
>2 hours later
>Jace is a gibbering autistic mess
>Chandra attempts to start a flame war
>Is banhammered
>Nissa finds /pol/
>Remembers her true purpose
>Stays behind as the leader of /elfpol/
>Gideon leaves the Gatewatch to join /fit/
>Liliana finds /x/
>After 10 minutes of talking to them, she leaves, never to return
>tfw the Gatewatch gets shitposted out of the multiverse
>>
>>53900172
Well how about

"WUR
Enchantment

Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays 2 for each creature he controls that's attacking you. Creatures your opponents control can't block creatures you control unless their controller pays 2 for each creature that's blocking your creatures"?

So it's like ghostly prison/propaganda but with red so it also deals with you attacking
>>
>>53900375
>Liliana can't handle the dark secrets and mysteries of /x/.
>>
>>53900303
SIMPLER
>>
>>53900411
quoth the /x/-phile
"Ayy lmao"
>>
File: Desu Desu.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Desu Desu.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>
File: We Can All Haz Burger.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
We Can All Haz Burger.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53894952
Mana cost should be 0 but it can only attack or block sometimes
That's more fitting for the janitors here...
>>
>>53895376
I feel like /k/ would have some degree of red to it
>>
>>53900375
>As the Gatewatch attempts to do a 360 and planeswalk away, a resounding voice of millions of Anons sends ripples throughout the Blind Eternities
>"REMEMBER: YOU'RE HERE FOREVER"

And more "ideas"

>elspeth is revived by kikes and shills
>travels to 4chan as a black-aligned planeswalker
>starts influencing with cuck shills
>the gatewatch is informed of this
>they travel to 4chan and meet with the locals
>incredibly diverse range of people, ranging from scientific geniuses to autistic shitposters to occultist sorcerers to horse fuckers
>notice some are off, not quite fitting in
>actual character conflict occurs, with chandra and gideon arguing the influences are good and benefit the people whilst nissa and jace argue against
>liliana is off elsehwere, she brought them to the plane thorugh contact with swaglord (a planeswalker and demigod
>after much convincing, nissa and jace rally the shitposters and pollacks to fight the degeneracy
>into set 2 of three
>full out war between nissa and jace's army and gideon and chandra's army of degenerates and kikeshills
>shitposters falling left and right
>liliana has rallied occultists and robots to do her bidding
set 3/3
>all out war between the three factions
>battles rage for many days, with boards being overloaded left right and center
>in the end, liliana's army retreats, gideon and chandra retreat (but not before having violent, hot steamy sex) and jace and nissa emerge victorious
>>
>>53899795
That card is horrible for several reasons.
Let's start with the haste in monowhite
>>
>>53900375
This...this is better than the Ancient Grudge.
>>
File: mtg gravity of pepsi.png (189KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
mtg gravity of pepsi.png
189KB, 375x523px
>>53900027
>>53900073
>>53900144

I took your quote and edited it to make more sense

Please give feedback
>>
File: Zz01S5I.jpg (155KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Zz01S5I.jpg
155KB, 750x1046px
>>53900604

>>53900459
I'm feeling this tbqh.
>>
>>53900644
Yeah, sounds about right. That post was just a general statement about how fuckin' weird the pepsi thing was, but this is nice.
>>
Personally, I think set three should end with the three factions being permabanned by an entity known as Moot Which is Urza's floating head in drag
>>
>>53900644
If we can turn "the consumption of Coke" an already established term in MtG, what would it be?
>>
>>53900680
I'd love to see the pepsinomicon be a door to nothingness style artifact that makes a player draw themself out
>>
File: Link to Hell.png (303KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Link to Hell.png
303KB, 375x523px
>>53900063
To enter his domain is the cast Damnation upon yourself.
>>
>>53900512
So who will be the native planeswalker?

What about

Christopher Poole
WUBRG (we can argue about his colors later)
Planeswalker-Poole
+1 roll a 10 sided die and add that many digit counters. If you have repeating digits, you draw two cards. If you have triple digits, you also add two loyalty counters on Poole.
-X: S-post X. If you have repeating digits, creatures you control get +1/+1 until the end of turn and gain flying and haste until end of turn.
-15: exile Christopher Poole. You may search your library for a Nishimura planeswalker card and put it on the battlefield. You gain an undisclosed amount of life.

Starts at 3 loyalty and has a stupid ultimate for flavor reasons.
>>
>>53900802
Ok I'm not accustomed to all of the 4 chan memes out here and while this is still funny I need an explanation
>>
Bumping from thread 1

>ITT: 4chan becomes a plane in MtG and has three upcoming sets
>a plane
>I really hope one faction's plan is to crash it. With no survivors.
-
>Oh god, being "thrown off the plane" is just a synonym for being exiled. The baneposting faction is going to be absurd.
-
There are a lot of Banes, and maybe better Banes, in that thread.
>Bane, Masked Man. UUUU
>Legendary Creature - Human Rogue Flying
>If Bane would be exiled, instead exile target permanent.
>>
>>53900836
Considering where we fucking are, he'd have a HEAVY red slant
Seriously, this place would be the reddest plane ever given how goddamn chaotic we are
Also the mana cost needs to have digits in it and the hiroshimoot walker he tutors up has double starting loyalty
>>
File: Kill me now.jpg (8KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
Kill me now.jpg
8KB, 261x193px
>>53900872
hahahahahaha
>>
File: My soul is bleeding.jpg (176KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
My soul is bleeding.jpg
176KB, 1280x960px
>>53900872
>>53900928
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: I didn't want this.jpg (316KB, 1000x1783px) Image search: [Google]
I didn't want this.jpg
316KB, 1000x1783px
>>53900944
You know it's a pretty cold feeling sitting there at 4 in the morning cycling through every song there is to find the one that will save your game but no and no there is no sound no sound that can compare to the cry the cry the cry that resounds the sound of your failure it just won't work the cry for salvation eight hours did I spend trying oh so hard to stay calm within the prison that my soul had become

Eight hours starting in the night and watching the sun rise

I never beat the Owl
I never beat the Owl never beat the Owl never beat the Owl the Owl the Owl beat the Owl I never beat the Owl?
>>
>>53900836
From thread 1

>Moot, the Founder {2}{G}{U}
>Planeswalker - Girl
>+2 Add 2 mana to your mana pool in any combination of colors that lands your opponent controls could produce.
>-2 Exile up to two target creatures, then return them to the battlefield under their owners' control at the beginning of the next end step.
>-8 Put an emblem onto the battlefield with "Spells your opponents cast have Meme X, where X is the spell's converted mana cost."
>{4}

As well as Hiro

>Hiroyuki, the First and the Last {1}{U}{B}
>Planeswalker - Hiroyuki
>+1 Up to one target creature can't be blocked this turn.
>-2 You may pay up to 3 life. If you do, add that much mana in any combination of {U}, {B}, and {R} to your mana pool.
>-6 You get an emblem with "Once per turn, you may choose a spell you played this turn: return that spell to your hand and untap X lands, where X is that spell's converted mana cost."
>>
File: pepsi universe mtg.png (215KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
pepsi universe mtg.png
215KB, 375x523px
>>53900644
>>53900723

Made this 4U
Plz give feedback
Its just weird enough to be 4chan related i believe
>>
>>53901009
Why is this so funny

>>53900907
So we want more digit shenanigans? Should flying be replaced with first strike? Also yeah loyalty is better than life for flavor reasons
>>
>>53901080
I find it to be Pepsi.
>>
File: I died then.jpg (55KB, 514x562px) Image search: [Google]
I died then.jpg
55KB, 514x562px
>>53901093
It's funny for you. You weren't there. YOU WEREN'T THERE.
>>
>>53900928
>>53900944
>>53901009
>>53901133
Did we just find the plot of the 4chan block?

https://youtu.be/7yf8GuEvzFg
>>
>>53901080
I still think it should just be a pepsinomicon artifact that just forces them to draw out. Preferably worded in some way that's not just "Target player draws an arbitrarily large number of cards"
>>
>>53901093
Yeah, more digit shenanagains, red can do flying, and everything should have a heavy red slant. Like maybe one of our mechanics is one like extort but it does... something else and uses red mana
>>
An Hero

B
Instant
Meme
Discard your hand.
Put all cards from your library into your graveyard.
Exile your library.
You lose life equal to your starting life total, gain 10 poison counters and draw a card.

Flavor Text: "kys u faget"

-Anon
>>
>>53901261
Oops I forgot the exiling all of your permanents
>>
>>53901224
How about each opponent has to lose 11 digits and you gain the amount of digits lost this way?
>>
File: mtg pepsi energy fields.png (194KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
mtg pepsi energy fields.png
194KB, 375x523px
>>53900644
>>53901080

Mtn. Dew is 4chan related and owned by Pepsi
>>
File: Ultimate Truth.png (232KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate Truth.png
232KB, 375x523px
>>53901169
I believe that the card representing the Pepsinomicon itself must be comprised of quotes from the Pepsinomicon and thus indecipherable.
>>
>>53901432
Why is it UB instead of UR?
And that second ability is too sensible.
>>
File: mtg crystal pepsi.png (223KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
mtg crystal pepsi.png
223KB, 375x523px
>>53901432
That's fucking awesome man. You outdid my shitty mythic pepsi.

I did make this overpowered jank tho because this format is going to be very fast
>>
>>53901432
I feel that the quote should be flavortext and it should have the aforementioned door to nothingness style effect
>>
>>53901482
>I feel that the quote should be flavortext
But then there wouldn't be the implication that there is someone out there using the Pepsinomicon to keep Earth's magnetic fields functioning.
>>
>>53901500
u replied to the wrong post m8
>>
>>53901500
Meant for >>53901486
>>
>>53901500
But then the card doesn't actually DO anything. We want it's maddening truth to be represented in game
>>
>>53901541
I'll see about making another version, but if I do God damn we're printing both.
>>
>>53901573
Yours can be the masterpiece version. Bonus points if you "Translate that mess into some sort of ingame text, just make the activated ability more expensive like door
>>
>>53900644
>>53901432
>>53901482
>>53901348
>>53901080

We need a grixis Pepsi-Man legendary creature to tie everything together.
>>
>>53901591
Idea for the masterpiece border format
A post with an image
>>
File: ULTIMATE POWER.png (235KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
ULTIMATE POWER.png
235KB, 375x523px
>>53901591
I think I might make more versions.
>>
File: Type fixed.png (235KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Type fixed.png
235KB, 375x523px
>>53901836
Spotted a typo and fixed it.
>>
>>53901846
I'd honestly just prefer if it had one abiltiy that forced them to draw out, but worded in some approriate way, like maybe the red ability, but they draw cards instead (since X is infinite)
>>
File: All roads lead to Pepsi.png (233KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
All roads lead to Pepsi.png
233KB, 375x523px
>>53901879
Alright. Here. The most powerful card ever to be seen.
>>
>>53902015
FUCKING PERFECT. Might need to cost a bit more, but otherwise it's goddamn great
>>
>>53902015
>>53902030
Oh, and it needs to be legendary, obviously
>>
File: Self-Righteous Plebeian.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
40KB, 375x523px
>>53895639

How's this? Switched up the shitpost mechanic a bit so that the shitposts get cleaned up.
>>
File: Temporary Ban.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Temporary Ban.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53902154
Why not through combat/ability damage? It helps the hammer be good on defense and not have a WU mechanic be so aggressive
>>
File: The Banhammer.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Banhammer.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Temporary Ban (2).jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Temporary Ban (2).jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>53902206
How's this, then?
>>
File: wat.png (304KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
304KB, 375x523px
>>53902015
Making more Pepsi cards because fuck it.
>>
File: Wall of Text.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wall of Text.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53902273
That's good. Keeps the aggro but prevents red from having a detain ability
>>
>>53902344
>All of that
>by you.
>>
File: Basement Dweller.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Basement Dweller.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>53902370
Hmm? All of what?
>>
First Lol

1U

Human Faggot

2/2
>>
>>53902403
That's a common reaction to posts that are a wall of text. It's short for "You expect me to read all of that by you?"
>>
File: Memetic Overload.jpg (62KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Memetic Overload.jpg
62KB, 375x523px
First, LOL | UR | Instant | ~ can't be countered. The next spell you cast has flash and can't be countered.
>>
File: Basement Dweller.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Basement Dweller.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>53902403
Updated version.
>>
>>53900872
>>53901093
Basically, one day an anon found a link to a Disney licensed Japanese Winnie the Pooh baseball game. As you can probably gather from >>53900928, >>53900944, and >>53901009 the game is a bit difficult. Just a bit.

On the first month of every year Christopher Robin breaks out of his imprisonment and we at /v/ throw ourselves at him until one of us manages to defeat and reseal him until the next year.
>>
Okay, do we have any definitive idea of what the plane's geography is going to be like?
Were it not for the fact that they're connected with blue mana, I'd suggest reusing the old "each board is it's own island" type things but having the islands be wandering, but given a 4chan plane would likely have a heavy red slant for several reasons, maybe giant, floating mountains would be better?
>>
>>53902542
Well we can have boards be any landscape they want to be, but have them keep moving around and changing due to all the red mana everywhere.

We can even tie the plane with blue due to it being on the internet and have the art for islands be vsause with a strawberry or something
>>
File: Weird shit.jpg (185KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
Weird shit.jpg
185KB, 900x636px
>>53902542
>>
>>53902573
>>53902574
Perhaps we could combine this whole thing and have the plane be oddly... orderly for something with so much red mana? Stemming from the whole idea that chaos is just an infintely complex order
Though if we DID do floating mountains I can TOTALLY think of an idea of what the landbound people would be
>>
File: Double Hacking.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Double Hacking.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>
File: 1358776806_HQ.jpg (113KB, 1024x510px) Image search: [Google]
1358776806_HQ.jpg
113KB, 1024x510px
>>53902574
>>53902682
I'd imagine anons living in city complexes where the structures looked like pic related. The larger structures are those piles but massive and with hollow corridors and chambers within.
>>
File: Double Hacking.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Double Hacking.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>53902689

Updated for better color typing.
>>
>>53902682
I like that idea. It's like the idea of getting dubs, where even though you know what's coming it's still a matter of who's going to get the get.
>>
>>53902722
I fail to see what makes this white. tokens are in any color and shitposting seems like an inherently red act. It certainly ain't a white one either
>>
Haven't read the other threads so forgive me if this has been done or mentioned.

WT Snacks, Mod God
2 W R
Planeswalker

+ 2: Target creature takes 2 damage
- 5: Exile target creature, artifact, or enchantment
-10: Exile all creatures, artifacts, enchantments, and planeswalkers.

Mods = Gods.
>>
>>53902834
Damage needs a source. It's almost always the card causing the damage in this case. Also, I was gonna say his ult should say other, but then I remembered what happened to snacks
>>
File: Thread Necromancer.png (304KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thread Necromancer.png
304KB, 375x523px
>>53887427
>>
>>53902882
You'll cowards really need to learn proper wording for magic cards
And zombie tokens are ALWAYS 2/2s. And this card is retardedly strong with just the zombie making ability
>>
>>53902872
What about this then?

>WT Snacks, Mod God
>2 W R
>Planeswalker
>+ 2: WT Snacks, Mod God deals 2 damage to target creature.
>- 5: Exile target creature, artifact, or enchantment
>-10: Exile all creatures, artifacts, enchantments, and planeswalkers.
>5
>Mods = Gods.

Forgive me if this is not what you meant, I'm still a bit new to mtg.
>>
>>53902933
The -5 could probably go down to a -3 without much trouble
>>
Here's another I just thought of:

>Mootsico
> 2 WW
>Enchantment

>Flash
>When Mootsico enters the battlefield, exile target plansewalker until Mootsico leaves the battlefield.

>He took the money and ran off to Mootsico.
>>
>>53902993
Done.

>WT Snacks, Mod God
>2 W R
>Planeswalker
>+ 2: WT Snacks, Mod God deals 2 damage to target creature.
>- 3: Exile target creature, artifact, or enchantment
>-10: Exile all creatures, artifacts, enchantments, and planeswalkers.
>5
>Mods = Gods.
>>
>>53902747
The doubling tokens part is, so far, only in Green and White. But if you think it's better as mono-red, then go with the previous version.
>>
>>53903036
the thing is, it doesn't DOUBLE them, it makes it so that whenever you do a thing, you do it twice, it just so happens that the thing in question is make a token. And judging by the wording, there will be shitpost 2, 3, maybe even 4 or 5. Ultimately, I think this is a case where it could be either, but for flavor reasons, it should be monored
>>
>>53902052
Don't ask me, I'm not in charge. I just rounded up information.
>>
File: kingofgets.png (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kingofgets.png
99KB, 500x500px
>>53895620
perhaps it is an enchantment that only becomes a creature after stealing 5 digits from other creatures? kinda like the cards that have you sac creatures even if they are yours but you have to deal with it because it's one of your win conditions

something like
King of Gets 3UB (maybe just WUBGR)
King of Gets enters the battlefield as an enchantment. When another spell creates Digits, place them instead on King of Gets.
5 Digits ; King of gets is now a 5/5 with ?, ?

sounds gucci for an endgame card to build around
>>
>>53903081
Make it WUBRG
>>
>>53902882
>>53902913
Why not have the necro s-post 2 instead of creating zombies? Or how about saccing two creatures to get one back from your graveyard?
>>
>>53903141
I'd say have it do both and shift it to uncommon.
>>
>>53903262
Sounds good to me.

I'm guessing we're not following the new world order and we're making the commons and uncommons a little more interesting, but I still want to see some nice vanilla creatures that have long flavor texts
>>
>>53903064
I take your meaning. Let's go with the original version, then.
>>
>>53903299
Of course.
Also, any thought on having the masterpiece series be formatted like an image reply? It'd be a bit odd having horizontal cards, but we'd have to do zero work for the frame. Name field is cardname, post number is mana cost, image is image, filename is artist name and collector number, and text box is text box?
>>
>>53902542
>>53902573
>>53902574
>>53902682
>>53902719
>>53902724
Shifting back to this line of thought, do we have any further thoughts on the style of the plane? Floating mountains? complex geometric cities? a wierdass maze?
>>
File: Copy Pasta.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Copy Pasta.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53903457
Should probably cost four, while the mimicing costs mana every turn, and is subject to legend rule shit, the versatility of being able to swap creatures on the fly makes it worth it
>>
>>53903493
It only lasts until end of turn, and the legend rule applies in this case, since it doesn't lose any types or gain any types.
>>
>>53903609
The fact that you CAN change it every turn is really good though
>>
>>53903620
Yep!
>>
>>53903875
I'm saying it might be a bit too good for three mana, even with the downsides
>>
>>53899905
Should be an artifact
>>
File: 1467824415055.png (304KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1467824415055.png
304KB, 375x523px
>>53900902
>There are a lot of Banes, and maybe better Banes, in that thread.
We already have him
>>
File: KoG.png (1MB, 3288x3288px) Image search: [Google]
KoG.png
1MB, 3288x3288px
>>53895620
KoG seems to have been settled in /bant/, whose existance is based off of GETs even more than /[s4s]/.
>>
>>53903915
But this Bane is useless with the lack of vehicles, lack of legendaries and isn't blue at all. He needs to cost 4U, but he also needs to make sense.
>>
>>53900902
Proud that you like my Bane anon.
>>
File: 1497966250948168.png (326KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1497966250948168.png
326KB, 375x523px
>>53899796
i'll keep pools closed as it is
but hack is getting dumped as your right its a bad card idea.
anyways im back and im trying to fill out our uncommon and common card slots.>>53904059 yeah but so what? its a four chan set not a /tg/ set
>>
>>53903379
Seems funny and it's still more readable than an invocation, do it
>>
>>53904996
Why not 4U as an activation cost to destroy an artifact?
>>
>>53895798
>>53899033
You are getting the dubs wrong on this one.
There should be a card cycle about dubs, trips, quads, quints, sexts, septs, octs, nons. Each goes with the same first ability:

"Tap [insert card]: put a GET counter on target spell. The token remains on the card until the end of turn, and doesn't leave the card even if the card is sent to the graveyard or to the exile zone."
This is the part where you call out the GET.

Then every card has its unique trigger effect:
"If [the next card/the next two cards/the next three cards/and so on] cast this turn are the same converted mana cost as the cost of the card with the GET counter, Dubs/Trips/Quads/etc does [effect]."

where
-Dubs: copy the last spell cast. if it's a sorcery of instant, you can change targets for the copy. If it's a creature, put the copy under your control. it has haste. sacrifice it at the end of turn.
-Trips: make a copy of a card as above, then proliferate.
-Quads: you gain 4 life, opponent loses 4, you draw 4 cards, opponent discards 4.
-Quints: what quads does with 5, and adds one mana of every color to your mana pool.
-Sexts: you can search your library for up to seven cards and put them in your hand.
-Septs: you can search for up to eight cards and play them without paying their mana cost.
-Octs: you win the game.
-Nons: you win the game and everybody applauses, every girl sucks your cock. You can decide the next set's setting, characters, you can retcon the jacetice league from existing, MaRo personally does a backflip and hangs himself.
>>
>>53894242
Flavor text needs to read "they believed themselves"
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>53900902
>>53903915
I'd make him:
Bane, Masketta Man. 5B
Legendary Creature, Human Assassin
Morph 4U
When Bane, Masketta Man is turned face up, exile target creature or artifact.
2U,T: reveal target player's hand.
2R,T: gain control of target creature until end of turn. it gains haste.

Someone has any idea on how to make CIA?

>>53907782
this really works with Storm.
>>
>>53894797
The joke is to never spoon feed but I suppose an upside would be best for the sake of gameplay.
>>
Is Pool's Closed really that hard?
No one can tap islands until next turn.
>>
>>53908246
but that would fucking suck
>>
>>53900718
Denim Walk
>>
File: JUST mtg.png (199KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
JUST mtg.png
199KB, 375x523px
plz give criticisms
>>
Are there any decent 5 color ally decks?
>>
File: victory.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
victory.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53909133
>>
>>53909166

Is there a reprint?
>>
>>53909522
it got timed shifted in time spiral
>>
File: time spiral.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
time spiral.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53909522
>>53909595
:^)
>>
>>53908807
Awful
>>
>>53895392
Classic anon, colorless ?
and
Monstruosity X
Search X 1/1 anon type crea in you library, put them on the battlefield, they gain haste until end of turn. Put X +1/+1 counter on Classic anon
>>
>>53909652
Do you have anything beyond that so I can prevent shit like JUST in the future?
>>
>>53887427
Blue can ne for wizards + illusions. But all the illusions are anime waifus.
>>
>>53908807
>>53909652
>>53909912
Not that anon, but if you JUST remove the memey part of this card and turn it into some in-lore flavor text instead then it could work. And add another effect/drawback for the card, otherwise it's just a renamed Pacifism.
>>
File: 1493736174557.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1493736174557.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>53897198
>>53898781
>>53910015
>Wizards on 4chan
>U
>>
>>53898781
Well, I don't know about them being fat neckbeards, but they should at least be virgins.
>>
File: alimony provider.png (211KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
alimony provider.png
211KB, 375x523px
>>53899795
>>53908807
>>53909652
>>53910145

I took your advice and made another white common creature because we need those. I attempted to create the feel of alimony payments
>>
>>53911849
But you're still posting a joke effect in it. We're not making a Unglued set.
>>
>>53893474
>Armored Custodian
>3W
>Human ???
>When ~ enters the battlefield tap 1 target creature an opponent controls.
>1/2

What subtype are janitors? Afraid to call them W Knights.
>>
File: IMG_3523.jpg (44KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3523.jpg
44KB, 223x310px
>>53914310
Seems pretty weak for four mana and one power.
>>
>>53915049
Was trying to make a bad card. I guess it could have 2 or 3 CMC.
>>
>>53915933
Maybe boost the toughness so it's a 1/5 or something. Makes sure you can get in an attack but have a butt to block the crack back
>>
File: Master Baiter.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Master Baiter.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Thopter.jpg (30KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thopter.jpg
30KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53916374
I feel like bait should specify "at least one creature with bait that an opponent controls" to not make targetted removal useless when you run bait-creatures
>>
File: European Settlers.png (281KB, 396x554px) Image search: [Google]
European Settlers.png
281KB, 396x554px
>>53887427
Got a card here to represent /pol/
>>
File: Diligent Moderator.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Diligent Moderator.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>53916500
That wording makes it so if you put Bait on an opponent's creature they can't target their own Bait creatures since the effect is on their creature.
>>
>>53916622
Ah, nevermind then
>>
>>53916579
Virginia Colony Settlers | 8BBBB | Creature - Human Settler | When ~ enters the battlefield, gain control of all lands target player controls. Other black creatures you control get -2/-2. 6,T: Gain control of target black creature. | 8/8

Tried to clean that up for you. The Pilgrims may have been white, but this card certainly isn't.
>>
File: Memetic Overload.jpg (63KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Memetic Overload.jpg
63KB, 375x523px
>>53902475

Less awful version of this.
>>
File: zg.j-39.jpg (95KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
zg.j-39.jpg
95KB, 768x1024px
Hold up gang!

We have a WIP Structure/Skeleton we're supposed to create. We need to see what kind of block we want to accomplish with the guidelines posted above.

These are all pending ideas.

>Structure/Skeleton
>>53892567
>>53893023
>>53895376

>List of Standard Mechanics
>>53898398
>>53899702

>Do's and Don'ts of Creating Cards
>>53893104
>>53893129

>Current Focus; White Commons
>>53893474

>Lore/Block Set Ideas
>>53892655
>>53892767
>>53892830
>>53893211
>>53895392
>>53895547
>>53895973
>>53900375 Not really
>>53902542
>>53902573
>>53902682
>>53902719
>>53903396
>>
File: Prince of Greentext.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Prince of Greentext.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53917256
I love the card, but we're gonna have a lot of legendaries at this rate. Speaking of, this History of 4chan cam help pick out some more legends.
https://youtu.be/E9PFDPzpI_4

But I'm going to pose a question, should Legendary creatures be restricted to real people affecting 4chan or all of memes here? Once again, we'll have too many.

>Moot, Boxxy, and other OG's for the first set
>Constanza, Bane and Kek(God) for the latter set
>>
File: Prince of Greentext.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Prince of Greentext.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>53917256
Legends are fun to design for? Iunno. Cleaned up the wording so it actually works.
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.