[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if when the British found America, instead of it having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 350px-Capture131114532.png (277KB, 350x488px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Capture131114532.png
277KB, 350x488px
What if when the British found America, instead of it having humans it was infested with a shit ton of Skaven? Assuming said Skaven had no magical nonsense of course.
>>
>>53884890
So we have jews instead of natives?
>>
Instead of us bringing plagues there it would be black plague 2.0 for Euros
Besides that would be no different
>>
>>53884890
>What if when the British found America
>British found America
>British
>>
>>53884984
That's what the Brits think happened.
Kind of like how they still think that they're a world power.
>>
>>53885030
Everyone knows Italy found America. Spain just gave the money.
>>
>>53884890
We wouldn't have to worry about the USA being built on an Indian burial ground
>>
>>53884969
Wouldn't it take much longer to actually find Merica when Columbus is dead as shit from diseases?
>>
>>53884969
>Besides that would be no different
Bullshit. Another plague of that scale would hamper any effort of colonising the Americas because potential colonists would be dead and there'd be no one producing required amounts of supplies.
>>
>>53885086
You were 4th.
St Brendan, Vikings and Chinese all got there before you, just the Spanish had better organisation for conquest and great propaganda machine for that era.
>>
>>53885030
My main grief is about using word "British", not just the "we did this" bullshit.
By OP's logic, America wasn't discovered till 1700s
>>
>>53885030
>That's what the Brits think happened.

No it's not. Brits know it was Colombus or some Vikings.
>>
>>53884946
FPBP
>>
>>53886300
It was fucking Amerigo Vespucci, thus why it's called America.
>>
>>53884984>>53885030

He's more likely to be american
>>
>Getting your knickers in a twist over a thread on a Mongolian wall destroying forum about some history shit when said thread is about rats shitting on red coats.
>>
>>53884890
>What if when the British found America

The Spanish found America. Or if you want to get technical the Vikings, but it didn't stick when they found it so it doesn't count.

>>53885086
An Italian convinced the Spanish crown to give him three Spanish ships with Spanish crews in order to sail west to find China and India, and even after it became obvious that he had found a new set of continents and not China and India, the aforementioned Italian insisted he had. Columbus in fact went to his death bed convinced that he had found India. The Spanish knew better within, like, two years max.

>>53885384
I don't know who this St. Brendan is, and there is no reliable proof that the Chinese found America.

>>53886760
Mmmn, unlikely, actually. The standard practice of the time (and even to today) was to use your LAST name to name places, not your first. Hence for example the Cook Islands, not the James Islands. If the place was named for Vespucci then it would be called Vespuccia.

America is rather more likely to have been named after a man named Rickard Amerike, an Anglo-Welsh merchant who financed John Cabot's exploration of the Americas and naturally would have expected any significant discoveries to be named after him.

But just like the "Columbus was trying to prove the world was round" thing, the Amerigo Vespucci meme has stuck hard and fast to popular consciousness.

>>53887161
Oi, I'm America.
>>
>>53887584
>Oi, I'm America.

*American. Sorry, just woke up.
>>
>>53886760
Incorrect. Vespucci was the first to realize that the Genoese retard had found a new continent and not the Indies. That's why it's named after him.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.