[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weirdest Player Deaths Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: DNDKorhil.png (99KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
DNDKorhil.png
99KB, 256x256px
I'm playing in a 5e campaign right now, 10+ sessions in. Friday night before we started our DM told us about a Tinder girl he was going to meet up with that weekend so our Monk proceeds to do the most logical thing: dox the girl and post all of her info on our discord, managing to derail everyone so hard that the session has to be cancelled and pushed back to the next day.

Tomorrow comes and we encounter a legendary force of unbeatable, unkillable Assassins who proceed to kill our Monk, take our stuff, then leave.

So /tg/, what's the weirdest shit you've seen lead to a player death?
>>
>>53880860
The Wild Magic table killed our sorcerer(along with the horses and wagon nearby).
>>
>>53881398

That just comes with the territory of using the Wild Magic Table
>>
>>53880860
>dox the girl and post all of her info on our discord
Are you playing D&D with a literal psychopath?
>>
>Playing anima
>Some psyker takes the "deal damage equal to failure"
>No real chance of it happening other than a <1-3% of triggering a failure
>They get failure
>Of 100.
>Literally see the psyker blow a chunk of HP away and die of an aneurysm and fatigue damage in the span of 3s
>>
>>53880860
>Playing ADnD way back in the day
>Roll my very first fighter.
>Have a con of 7 (which was no penalty back then)
>Roll for HP.
>2.
>Heading down to our first dungeon
>The door is stuck.
>It's not locked, it's just stuck
>My guy had a shitty con, but he did have a 17 strength, which was awesome for 3d6
>Try to open door
>Roll under 4x your strength on the percentile dice
>Roll badly
>Door doesn't open
>Take 1d2 damage in strain as you heave against the door
>Roll 2
>Die.
>>
>playing with fun group
>players are all drunk
>'i want to shove my head up my ass'
>everyone gathers around to watch
>20
>well you did it
>few seconds go by
>"take 1d4 suffocation damage for me please"
>cycle continues, other players fail rolls to help
>10th level bard dies from shoving his own head up his ass
>>
This happened a long time ago now, but the druid in a low level 3e game imbibed a flask of sulphuric acid; died pretty much instantly. She rolled very poorly on her skill check to identify a collection of "potions" we'd looted from a goblin shaman; was simply told that it was a potion neutralizer by the DM, which was technically true.

As I recall, it was a handful of sessions after killing the shaman, but she had drank from a contaminated stream and and followed it up with the acid in an attempt to neutralize the magical effects of the stream. It shocked all of us since it happened so suddenly; even the DM was a bit speechless since he didn't even get a chance to ask, "Are you sure?"
>>
>>53881398
But in what way? Explosion?
>>
>>53882066
Level 3 fireball with himself as the center.
>>
File: The Ark of Life.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Ark of Life.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>53881471

Considering this isn't the first time he's done something like this, probably.
>>
>>53880860
i accidentally killed half of the PC because they tried to cross an underground lake in dark heresyit was obviously the psyker fault
it was awful
>>
>>53882129

I don't think you could get a more generic wild magic TPK if you tried.
>>
>>53882803
Luckily everyone else was fighting the monster just outside of his blast radius.
>>
>playing some haunted lighthouse d&d module
>finally get to the top of the lighthouse
>eye of the lighthouse is some weird gem that keeps the top of the lighthouse in ethereal plane
>rogue tries to solo a troll, troll drops him below 0
>next turn, eye of the lighthouse blows a gust of wind
>unconscious rogue drifts off the lighthouse platform, dies
>finally defeat the trolls and break the gem, lighthouse emerges from ethereal, everyone dead revives
>rogue is ecstatic
>rogue is floating midair, several feet off the lighthouse platform
>falls, takes just enough falling damage to get below 0 again
>party can't make down it in time to stabilize him
>>
Once killed a character by wrestling a bear in a lake during a thunderstorm.
>>
>>53883390
That honestly sounds pretty bad ass. Storytime?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.