[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weiss Schwarz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: what is this bullshit.png (2MB, 992x1385px) Image search: [Google]
what is this bullshit.png
2MB, 992x1385px
ok.
this card game, weeaboo as all fuck, is now in burgerese.

and i am drawn to it.

sell me or save me from the madness that is a new card game....

with waifus.
>>
>>53879353
this game is great, also waifu wars are a thing. same name cards in play don't matter so go ham. game is a bit pricy, so but singles also they do have star wars as one set but jap land only sadly
>>
File: foiling.jpg (242KB, 990x669px) Image search: [Google]
foiling.jpg
242KB, 990x669px
It's been years since i played this. Imo, if you don't have a wifu in the game, not worth it.
Bumpy foils are cool.
>>
>>53879353
>>53879899
I don't understand how this game works. Are the cards from different series supposed to be used only against cards within that series, or can you mix and match?
>>
>>53880016
different formats, one is standard witch is pick only one set and build a deck from that, I belive you have all the person's in one deck? not too sure. the other one is just mix and match but no body really plays it
>>
what is this game
>>
>>53880016
There are several formats.
I forgot the format name but,
format 1 : you can mix and match any cards in a deck
format 2 : you can mix and match cards only from the same line of series. ex. all persona sets, all fsn sets, all love live sets
format 3 : you can only use cards from 1 set

The usual tournament scene uses format 2. afaik, no series are banned.
>>
File: b0a43bce.png (311KB, 350x489px) Image search: [Google]
b0a43bce.png
311KB, 350x489px
>>53879353
mai waifu

Praise be to WS.

Who greenlit this shit?
>>
>>53881105
nips are really into sw.
>>
File: 788e672c.png (354KB, 350x489px) Image search: [Google]
788e672c.png
354KB, 350x489px
>>53881133
It's not so much the fact that there is an SW set, it's the fact that literally everything about the set looks completely terrible.
>>
>>53881105
>>53881224
Is this set in English yet? Or coming out in English?
>>
>>53881281
no english realease ever, as far as i know
>>
>>53882477
Dang that would've been cool. I guess I could always play with a translation guide or something lol
>>
>>53882569
heart of the cards might have them up, not sure>>53881224
first time the art isent fking movie stills
>>
I cannot stand the fact that Japanese card games ALL use these tiny, unreadable text boxes. That along with art that comes across as weaboo bait most of the time turns me off of any of these games before anything could convince me of giving them more than a passing glance. Does anyone else experience this?
>>
>>53884084
YES.
I am absolutely with you.
Nonetheless i will not shit on anyone who likes it( unless the rate of underage animu girl is too high, in that case i would prefer to avoid living near anyone who plays such a game).

Japanese is shorter than english and other white languages so the small textbox is justified for them, and apparently they like their awful artstyle since it seems to be the only thing that sells on that goddamn island.
Perhaps westerners would be better off making their own card games, who would have tought?
>>
>>53884154
I don't mind the anime art style, as with all styles there's variance in content and quality. And I like large art in cards. Magic cards that end up with full art of larger art look great, even though I know it's the uniformity of most cards that makes their game visually unoffensive, unlike Japanese games.

Japanese cards are busy and messy and ugly. Art over the text boxes. Foil effects distorting color and hiding symbols, both used to recognize parts of the game you're playing. Text boxes being less opaque in more instances. When Magic does a special foil, a full art card, or clear text boxes it's done in a way that makes the card readable and recognizable.
>>
File: WS_PR1_MM-PE03.jpg (116KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
WS_PR1_MM-PE03.jpg
116KB, 500x706px
>>53884154
>>53887693
I get your complaint when it comes to things like yugioh text boxes, but Weiss is really not that bad. I don't have any particular love for the game, (climaxes feel like they overshadow the individual card mechanics too much, although the same could be said of lands in mtg) but the formatting is overall solid.

And don't get me started on Magic's foiling.
>>
File: 1049054.jpg (47KB, 322x450px) Image search: [Google]
1049054.jpg
47KB, 322x450px
>>53888202
Another example, with more text. Still cleanly formatted and completely legible.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.