[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy TCG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: FFtcg.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FFtcg.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
A friend and I decided to try out the Final Fantasy TCG. I bought pic related and a couple of boosters to tinker with the deck before we meet up to play in a few days. Any tips on deckbuilding?
>>
>>53879347
Wanted to give this a shot but packs are hard to find for a sane price online.
>>
>>53879347
I'm not the best with deck building but it seems like you want a bunch of low cost cards, backups are like lands from mtg so you want a couple that are cheap to put in to play
>>
>>53879347
I got the same starter deck and some boosters months ago and haven't even played it yet. From what I know, you're likely not going to find much to swap out things from the starter deck with whatever you got from the boosters. It seems the Lightning deck wants more FFXIII character synergy..and Opus II only has people from like FFIV and VIII and stuff like that...
>>
>>53879347
I can't believe they don't have a uniform art style.
>>
>>53880958
It's easier to recycle art than make new art.
>>
>>53879347
>trying to build a deck without even having played a single game
Why?
>>
>>53882919
>trying to tweak a starter deck in order to understand the fundamentals of a game
Why?
>>
File: B04-063SR.png (366KB, 308x431px) Image search: [Google]
B04-063SR.png
366KB, 308x431px
I saw the game in a store for the first time today, so I picked up two starters to try and learn to play with a friend.

But goddamn the art is so lazy and disappointing. Just series stock art and screencaps. For some reason I expected better from S-E.

Like compare to the Fire Emblem TCG, all cards have nice newly commissioned art. Unless the gameplay turns out to be amazing, probably won't be buying anymore.
>>
File: 189.png (472KB, 479x669px) Image search: [Google]
189.png
472KB, 479x669px
Like look at this shit they pass off as a Tifa card, you can't even see her face, pathetic.
>>
The screencap art is definitely the worst, but given how many different versions of each character there are, there's plenty of good art, too
>>
What's the meta like in your area? The VII and X decks are really popular in mine, and they're both rush styles. VII focuses on cheap buffs, and X revolves around summon rush with Yuna and the summoner from Opus II. Because of this, wall decks are now a thing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.