[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Wizard That Is A Rock: Player Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

>Be a necromancer
>Spend countless in-game months researching a new spell
>If I'm killed a short while after casting the spell, I can immediately attempt to possess the killer, like a variant of Magic Jar
>Mindless creatures, such as golems, are possessed and controlled automatically since they're brainless and don't know to resist
>DM: "Okay."
>I'm a bit surprised he'd allow it so easily - golems are pretty powerful - but whatever
>A while later
>Tough battle against a wizard that's been harassing and bullying the party for half a campaign
>The wizard brings along a bunch of skeleton warriors, homunculi, and a stone golem
>ohboy.wav
>Spells running out, fighter nearly down, everyone taking damage, the enemy wizard's just standing there behind his meat walls and laughing
>Still, just a couple skeletons and a golem left
>Time to cast my spell
>Just jump out into the open, trying to get them to kill me
>Hoping it's the golem instead of the skeleton
>Just then, the fighter accidentally a great stone column of the wizard's lair
>It breaks down, half the roof collapses too
>Hits my necromancer right in the head and kills him
>I am now a rock

To be more specific, I am now a small cracked piece of a great stone pillar.

I can communicate telepathically, but not move or cast any spells that require somatic or verbal components. I'm carried around by the sad apologetic fighter. (The enemy wizard got away.)

How do I make the best out of this situation?
>>
>>53868855
Have the fighter throw you until you get resurrected.
>>
>>53869246
>oh no I missed
>oh no I threw Anon into a crevice
>well
>>
>>53868855
Learn to cast without them and become a dungeon core. As a stone your bliff should be pretty high, see if you can bluff roll it and cast as if you already used the verbal and hand gestures.

Or have the fighter get someone to carve you into a doll and cast golem on you.
>>
>>53869320
Can you make a golem out of something that's already infused with magic?
If not, you could just have the fighter pay some street urchin to smash the stone "killing" you and allowing you to take over their body
>>
>>53869381
But they'd need to be able to cast the necessary spell first.
>>
>>53869381
Does telekinesis require verbal or hand gestures?

I think low level eizards get that mixed bag of tricks spell, the one that lets you change colors of stuff, make rainbows, turn liquids into other liquids.

Maybe use it and start a cult. Barring that I say study up on eschew materials or see if you could land yourself in a mages guild. Chances are you would learn some neat stuff and eventually blow up, they always blow up eventually.
>>
>>53868855
I think you need the help of a powerful wizard.
>>
But can you see?
>>
>>53869439
Telekinesis requires both verbal and somatic, I think prestidigitation requires both as well.
Maybe hire a cleric to do Thaumaturgy stuff for him
>>
>>53868855
I don't want to tell you how to play and if you're okay with it and it makes the game fun (I can sort of see that) - and it obviously avoids PvP conflict (I can definitely see that) - but surely in the circumstances you outlined, the fighter killed you? I mean, if he had hit you with a sword I assume you wouldn't get to possess the sword?
>>
>>53872833
Yeah, this was my first reaction after reading the OP.
>>
>>53868855
What edition?
>>
>>53869496
Yes. Don't ask me how, I don't understand it yet myself. One of those things to figure out.

>>53873248
2nd.

>>53872833
>>53872938
My understanding on the issue is that it didn't count because the fighter caused my death entirely by accident. He didn't mean to kill me, or to break the pillar - he wasn't even looking at my direction at the time.

Maybe if I'd thought about it on that precise moment I could've tried to possess him, but since I didn't, the spell just defaulted on the rock. Magic's weird like that.

But yes, I'm having a lot of fun, thanks for asking.
>>
>>53873941
>But yes, I'm having a lot of fun, thanks for asking.
Awesome, that's what counts.

What do you think happens if they use your stone chip as the heart of a stone golem?
>>
File: 1496511054509.jpg (45KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1496511054509.jpg
45KB, 600x404px
>>53868855
>How do I make the best out of this situation?

Find a game with a less awful dm who doesn't do lolrandom you're a rock now ex dee stuff.
>>
File: 1442097460431.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1442097460431.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>>53873941
Since it's 2e you can't use subtle casting I think, which would solve all your problems. Magic Mouth doesn't seem to allow casting either, though you could see if your dm would allow it to allow you to cast spells with it since you are a sentient rock instead of a non sentient rock.

>have another wizard cast pebble to boulder on you
>then cast polymorph to turn you into a statue
>then cast magic mouth to have a movable mouth
From there figure out what spells would allow you to, well, actually move.

Alternatively have a wizard transmute you from normal rock to ringing (sonorous) rock, then see if he can't make a spell to make the ringing noise you make when they bang on you count as verbal casting. Then all your allies gotta do is bang on you to let you cast spells.
>>
>>53874079
Dunno. Worth a shot.

We'll need to either fix the one we wrecked or find a whole new one, though, but no one ever said magic was easy.
>>
File: 20170616_202447.jpg (228KB, 715x449px) Image search: [Google]
20170616_202447.jpg
228KB, 715x449px
I mean do you even want a body?

Being a magic sword/spear/axe/bow/hammer/etc is pretty cool desu
>>
File: 1497476508123.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1497476508123.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
>>53873941

> 2e

Absolutely patrician.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.