[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WH40K: Orks Vs Tyranids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: KillaKansAreSo7thEdition.jpg (15KB, 300x282px) Image search: [Google]
KillaKansAreSo7thEdition.jpg
15KB, 300x282px
Alright, all you gitz and hive-freaks get in here. With 8'th edition out we're gonna have a good old fashioned debate that will hopefully get insulting and very violent.

We all know that the both the Orks and Tyranids are undoubtedly the best factions in the game, but when it comes down to it which of them takes the crown for being truly nightmarish when it comes to swinging fists and talons. Both of them use numbers to overwhelm the enemy. Both of them use big, bulky weapons and contraptions/monsters to crush opposition without any finesse in mind. So now we're gonna decide which one would be the best and/or funnest to play based on their preference for close-quarters mayhem.

Try and use the newly release rules for both factions to help prove your point why your chosen faction reigns supreme.

The Orks and their brutal yet disastrously mischievous nature, or the Swarm with their primal yet cunning instincts!?

Let the debate begin!
>>
File: Tyranids - 1750pts.jpg (355KB, 1800x1688px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 1750pts.jpg
355KB, 1800x1688px
>>53868162
Just played my first game of eigth today, Tyranids (list attached) vs my friends Grey Knights, and to be completely honest, Nids aren't as overpowered as many people have been led to believe, at least imho.
Nevertheless, the game was very fun and very close, the Grey Knights won 15 to 14 at the end of turn 7, with nothing but a single Brother Captain on 2 wounds remaining.
Now, this is probably nowhere near optimized, as you can see my Trygon bomb is very weak. Just fyi, my opponent brought some Terminators, a couple characters, a Dreadnought, a Razorback and Squad as well as a Land Raider.

Tervigons are great, my opponent killed about 30 or so gaunts over the course of the game, but due to his "regen 10" they ended the game at just under 20 models.
Exocrines are serious firepower, mine oneshotted his Dreadnought, and blew a hole in Terminators and tanks alike.
Warriors with swords are scary in combat, and I think they make a pretty decent alternative to geanstealers for the Trygon bomb.
The Swarmlord is incredible, definently worth the points, he wiped out my opponents Grandmaster, his entire Terminator retinue as well as singlehandedly killing his Land raider on turn 6.
All in all, I do doubt that Tyranids are one of the best factions in the game atm. They are definently good, but I don't see them being overpowered in the sense of 7th edition eldar.

Tyranids will be very dependant on your local meta, though, as will orks, I think. My friend did pretty well against me because he always uses alot of lascannons in his lists, (which, btw, are incredibly potent in 8th against the right targets) and I have a pretty monster-heavy army. However, if the meta developes in the direction of massive infantry blobs and trying to counter those, I do think Nidzilla will be pretty damn scary. I think Nids will be especially scary with the right balance of Monsters and critters, as my opponent was pretty panicked throughout this entire game to deal with everything.
>>
>>53868162
Cant really pick, Orks are more "fun" to play because they are random and silly, and im a nid player

Orks hit harder in CC but nids can get in more reliably and still pack a punch
>>
>>53871518
You're missing one of the best units , hive guard.

They're seriously a game changer
>>
>>53871518
How did your trygon go m8? Haven't played since trygons have been a thing but getting back into it because of 8th. Curious about the trygon because its probably my favourite looking model and was wondering if the crunch was equally as great
>>
I think nid vs orks debate depends entirely on the potency of enemy shooting. Nids are definitely better against shooty forces due to raw speed pumped out. Orks are definitely better against other melee forces.
>>
>>53872194
I had a bit of bad luck with it, I failed a very short charge with it, even though I used a command reroll, and then it got 3 lascannons to the face and assaulted by a unit of Terminators which left it at one single wound remaining....but it did manage to kill two of them, even though it was only hitting on 5's.
I think Trygons are mainly scary for the fact that you can bring another unit along with them ala drop pod style.
I think if you can get the charge with the Trygon, and strike first, that thing will munch its way through alot of units.
>>
>>53872189
Not him, but really? I'm building them right now because they look cool. Are they seriously good? And which weapons is the best? I was pleased to discover that the model is made so that you can easily change them even without magnets.
>>
File: nids.jpg (270KB, 900x923px) Image search: [Google]
nids.jpg
270KB, 900x923px
>>53872299
Any reason you didn't take a prime?

Here's a list I made but I haven't playtested it yet
>>
>>53872189
I don't have any Hive guard myself, since I didn't bother getting them in 7th (they were pretty overcosted, imo).
However, I do like the models, and they seem like they have been buffed significantly. Haven't gotten any in-game feedback on them yet.
Also, which weapon is better? The shockcannon seems insanely good vs vehicles, even if it sacrifices range and cover/los bonuses, while being slightly cheaper.
>>
>>53872394
Impaler cannons. They can deal with any target really. You keep them out of LOS meaning only LOS ignoring weapons can deal with them while they shoot through your own army and through terrain/. They're the shining star of nids aside from genestealers.
>>
>>53872417
1. Had to save points, as we were only playing 1750 points
2. Didn't need synapse, since I had Warriors burrowing with the Trygon
>>
>>53872473
That makes sense. I want to try Red Terror and Raveners but I have a feeling they're kind of underperformers while you can just get another unit of genestealers
>>
>>53872299
Spewing m8, at least it worked as an expensive distraction gex for a turn or 2 and drew a termie charge. Better luck next time. I still cant wait to gety hands on one, looks fun as hell to paint
>>
>>53873049
It is, I'm currently painting mine.
I modeled him up with crushing claws from the carnifex and Haruspex kit (had those leftover since I built the Exocrine).
He has since been dubbed Louis the Lobster
>>
>>53872488
Raveners with Spinefists can be nasty. You get 4 pistol shots and 5 melee attacks in each round of close combat. You just hit them with a shitload of 12" moving attack.
>>
>>53873219
Fuck yeah that sounds awesome
>>
We played a couple smaller games yesterday, one 750 Orks vs blood angels and one 1500 Orks vs daemons. I won't type out my whole list because I am on a tablet but I ran a waagh star with squads of 30 boys, 20 Choppa 10 shoota in each, with two squads flanking a cluster of elites and hqs, painboy warboss and waagh banner nob, and I pretty much just ran over the table with absolutely no resistance. Daemons player even got an ugly charge with fleash hounds but the Orks held the line and tore them apart.

I know I will have to try to be craftier against shooty armies but Orks look invincible in the fight phase right now.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.