[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP Sky Sentinels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 27

Wiped out TO A MAN in the Dark Imperium book. Pour one out for these guys huh?
>>
File: IMG_0109.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0109.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Pretty fucked up if you ask me
>>
Literally who?
>>
Should we know who that is?
>>
File: IMG_0110.png (59KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0110.png
59KB, 640x1136px
They're pretty important to the lore guys
>>
File: Ork Deathskull Mug.png (117KB, 509x435px) Image search: [Google]
Ork Deathskull Mug.png
117KB, 509x435px
>>53860404
Obviously dey didn't 'ave da roit shade o' blue, cuz all dey boyz dead now. JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ORIGINAL IMPERIAL FIST CHAPTER NINE THOUSAND YEARS AGO.
>>
RIP. Another poor minor chapter that had a color scheme and little else, but dammit maybe they were someone's favorite minor chapter, or were included in some Deathwatch squad.
>>
>>53860514
jobbers made up to die.
>>
>>53860774
>implying they won't now be an all-Primaris chapter of flying BA fucks
>>
>>53860628
If this was a videogame they would be pretty badass.
>>
>>53860427
>Magnus personally showed up to fuck up these literal whos

So much for that redemption arc.
>>
File: rip.png (171KB, 213x400px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
171KB, 213x400px
>>53860404
>>
>>53860404

>another 'literally who?' Chapter BTFO

yeah, rip.
>>
>>53860427

Learn to rotate pictures retard.
>>
>>53860404
I'll never forget the Sky Sentinels, and their momentous roll of honor. Truly even 1st Foundings would be in awe of such feats of battle as:
1) Exterminatusing a planet you were sent to protect without firing a shot
2) Getting BTFO to the last man.

And by 1st Foundings, I mean the Imperial Fists
>>
>>53860427
>only 12 planets blown up.

Wow /tg/ made it sound worse.

That's only a couple chapters down. And given that a shitload of regular worlds have been out of contact then its probably not that bad initially.

Given the complete asspull that Guilliman just pulled with his Primaris secret legions anyways.
>>
>>53862229
>That's only a couple chapters down
At least. It does say that 450-500 chapters, out of 1000, are unaccounted for. Who knows how many hundreds are also dead And replaced by Primaris chapters
>>
>>53862246
Of course manlets would fail so hard like that. When will they ever learn?
>>
>>53862116
LOL
>>
>>53862246
Well that's what the Primaris are supposed to do, since they said a lot of chapters were rebuilt with them.

I think a lot of them were absorbed by the Legion of the Damned too, which would explain their increasing appearances on hundreds of worlds.

I'm curious what the Custodes and the other Talons of the Emperors are now up to now that they are back in action all over the galaxy. It makes me wonder if the Emperor is planning loads of deus ex machina superweapons or masterful plans that makes Guilliman's secret legions look like a shitty birthday surprise.
>>
>>53862446
>wonder if the Emperor is planning loads of deus ex machina

I thought he was essentially in a coma and unconscious, if not outright dead but parts of him were only kept alive for that galactic beacon thingy.
>>
File: 1403341354943.jpg (40KB, 750x608px) Image search: [Google]
1403341354943.jpg
40KB, 750x608px
>>53862116
>>
File: Chaos Apocalypse.jpg (25KB, 476x185px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Apocalypse.jpg
25KB, 476x185px
>>53862491
He's been waging non-stop psychic war with the chaos gods. And in the one short story Shadow of the Leviathan, bitchslapped the Hive Mind to save Tigurus. He's also intervenes often enough in stories depending on how much you want to read into them, like the novella Armor of Contempt.
>>
>>53860404

Their colour scheme looks awful, so I can't say I'll loose any sleep over them biting the proverbial dust.
>>
>>53862519
I mean, Armour of Faith, not Contempt. Wrong story.
>>
>>53860658

Did they even get a fluff blurb of one event that they participated or were involved in, or a mention as being participants or notable for something.

Hell, Golden Halos just have a patrician black and gold colorscheme, but they have one notable event listed and are mentioned as having done something somewhere once.
>>
>>53862814
>Did they even get a fluff blurb of one event that they participated or were involved in
They were sent to defend a world from Tyranids, but when they got there, they found a world in the clutches of warp bullshit with towers twisting unnaturally and gravity going wonky. Bloodthirsters were duelling biotitans in the street, and zoanthrope broods were having psychic duels with Lords of Change.
They opted to Exterminatus instead of trying to reclaim it.
And then they got annihilated by Magnus.
>>
>>53862814
>The Sky Sentinels were sent to reclaim the Agri World Sondheim V but upon seeing the situation planetside, of turmoil between Hive Fleet Leviathan and the forces of the Daemon Prince M'kar the Reborn, opted to launch Exterminatus against the planet instead.

Cited as from 5th ed Tyranids codex.
>>
>>53861479
They probably saw Leman Russ as their spiritual liege.
>>
>>53862909

As, so there is something. Really scouring the old archives for dudes no one would miss.
>>
>>53862928
Anon, I get they're a literally who, but some people do like those chapters for the chance they have to flesh them out themselves. And even if you don't give a shit about them dead or alive, they add a little bit to the setting by just being there, so it's not just more famous chapters doing everything in the galaxy with only a thousand marines each.
>>
>>53862988

Well, yeah. I mentioned the Golden Halos because I'm doing up a small Inq28 team of them. Playing with the weirdos and the guys with no background seems more appealing to me, because it's more likely they'll be caught up in their own smaller events and histories than tied up in the constantly epic happenings and destinies of the First and sometimes Second Founding Chapters.

Also means to can cop and name and neat color scheme and fill-in-the-fluff to suit your needs. Maybe the Golden Halos are super weird and have odd occultish practices that involve solar eclipses? I'm running them as Codex-adherents who yell about lions and generally do the Space Marine thing sans featuring hanging out with the major players, filling in shadowy spots where weird things can happen outside the big players and events.
>>
>>53862988
Well, their presence and subsequent reason for getting wiped out adds more to the setting than just them being there indefinitely and "eventlessly".
>>
>>53862519
I can't find the old novel to get the title, but there was one where a Dark Angel was knocked into stasis during a void battle of the Heresy, and left floating through space for 10,000 years. He ends up in the Eye of Terror and fucks up one of Tzneetch's plans, all because the Emperor gave him a 'nudge' in the right direction while he was floating around unconcious.

Also my headcanon says that he's the reason why the Custodes haven't been whittled down to almost nothing, since he uses his psychic powers to improve them, no further intervention is needed, and the rest of the process can be handled by the existing members. Since it's not that far-fetched of an idea, if he's able to regularly zap potential Astropaths with his mojo.
>>
>>53863808
>Also my headcanon says that he's the reason why the Custodes haven't been whittled down to almost nothing, since he uses his psychic powers to improve them, no further intervention is needed, and the rest of the process can be handled by the existing members.
It's canon that the emprah does some how communicate with the custodes on some level (hence why the custodes have a seat on the council) and I'm looking for the book, an anthology one, where a custode shows up and tells the Dark Angels to give him a squad because the asshole he's hunting is a fallen. Then after the spaghetti gets picked up off the floor he goes yeah bitch, you think the bug E doesn't know what goes on in his own imperium?
Which kinda invalidates the whole "keeping the secret shame secret AT ANY COST" thing but whatever. Fuck the DA.
>>
>>53860404
Is he wearing a Kanohi Hau?
>>
File: IG_Veteran_vs._Tyranid.jpg (20KB, 250x324px) Image search: [Google]
IG_Veteran_vs._Tyranid.jpg
20KB, 250x324px
>>53862519
He also guides guardsmen to do near impossible feats. Like how in Storm of Iron, ONE guardsman was able to:
>Survive an Iron Warriors assault.
>Find out that the Mechanicus was weakening the guardsmen with radiation pills.
>KILLS a chaos termy.
>Sets off a nuke.
>Last to survive a massive chaos incursion.
>Is now probably an Imperial Fist marine.
>>
>>53864135
That guy got given to the Mechanicum as a thrall and was last seen being the fixer for a tech-heretic.
>>
>>53862491
Naw he was busy being an asshole to Guilliman when they chatted after his return. Emperor's been said to have been in some aspects even more powerful from all the psychic power he's absorbed too, but lost his humanity.

Hence why Roubute now has some serious daddy issues now.
>>
>>53864050
kek, if he's a major character I'd definitely like to read that one, I'm on a 'Custodes kick' since they're my new army. Though aside from Master of Mankind I obviously don't expect to see them as the main character.

As suggested by the cover, they do show up in the new novel, The Carrion Throne, which is quite good. Most of it is about the Inquisitor and his new Acolyte, and it improved my opinion of the Ordo Hereticus significantly.
>>
>>53860404
PDF: the chapter
>>
>>53863287
Besides, the color scheme doesn't go away; if there's already someone out there playing as them (doubtful, but you never know), they can fluff their force as the last remaining members easy enough - especially since Munitorium records aren't what I'd call reliable. And going forward, it's easy enough for a new Chapter of Marines to take on the name and colors. (Yes, yes, primaris, but let's remember that in like three years all marines will be truescale and we'll barely remember Cawl's mad genius!)
>>
>>53864183
What? Fuck, source?
>>
>>53861479
>So much for that redemption arc.
Magnus can still be redeemed. It's revealed in The Crimson King that he was fractured after Prospero and it was the evil shard of him that joined the traitors. (seriously) I believe it's still theoretically possible for him to be made whole.
>>
File: south-park-zenu.jpg (176KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
south-park-zenu.jpg
176KB, 1200x600px
>>53864135

This is what Imperials actually believe.
>>
>>53860404
RIP Sky Sentinels, we hardly knew ya. Speaking of fucked over chapters, are there any news about Lamenters?
>>
>>53865112

Priests of Mars by Graham Mcneil
>>
>>53865299
They had like 5 guys left 100 years ago so I imagine they got PRIMARINED.com
>>
>>53865332
Cheers, I gotta read that someday.
>>
>>53865355

Should just say "PRIMED," which could also be a good way to make puns in the WIP thread, especially on models primed in black.
>>
File: IMG_9361.jpg (52KB, 485x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9361.jpg
52KB, 485x303px
Any news on whether Black Consuls got PRIMED?
>>
>>53866939
They did I think. Dark Imperium confirms Scythes of the Emperor are getting replenished (the fact that it is L J Goulding's favorite chapter is nothing bit a coincidence I'm sure), and I think the Black Consuls as well.
>>
>>53865187
>evil shard

What, is he a fucking C'Tan now?
>>
File: one of us.jpg (103KB, 567x558px) Image search: [Google]
one of us.jpg
103KB, 567x558px
holy shit guys I just ordered over 1000 dollars in models for my sky sentinels army, I might kill myself now
>>
>>53865187

Can we have a quick recount on what's going on with the Primarchs right now in the fluff?
>>
>>53865187
Nope, he was remade in the Ahriman 3rd book.
The Magnus we know in m42 is 100% Magnus.
>>
>>53865355
Lamenters and and Celestial Lions baby, rise of the losers. DON'T CALL IT A COMBACK
>>
>>53867296
Seeing as how the High Lords are dead now, the Celestial Lions being a thing again isn't too far fetched.
>>
>>53867374
What? I thought Guidoman was co-ruling with them

Besides it's the Inquisition that had beef with the Celestian kangs
>>
>>53867393
I thought it was the high lords though their inquisition contacts among the orks that killed the lions?
>>
>>53867374
>Seeing as how the High Lords are dead now
Guilliman had a few of them removed and replaced. Stop spreading retarded false info you learned from memes.

Also it was the Inquisition who had a feud with the Celestial Lions, not the High Lords.
>>
>>53866996

Wtf I love Guilliman now
>>
>>53867229
The Ahriman books were retconned by The Crimson King.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (63KB, 688x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
63KB, 688x720px
>>53867424
IT
JUST
WORKS
>>
>>53867424
>Author doing bitch moves to each other

That's low.

Lay it on me anon. What were the retcons?
>>
>>53867805
Not him I haven't read the crimson king but Magnus was still missing parts of himself at the end of the Ahriman books.
>>
>>53867805
That's also the typical GW IP author modus operandi.
>>
>>53867983
Was he? Shit my memory must be terrible.
Shame we didn't get any more on Ahriman's small success in foxing the Rubric, last we've seen him, he was going after "resurrected" TS that were brought back from the Rubric by Yvraine.
>>
>>53867374
>High Lords are dead now
Wot. Guilliman removed 3 or 4 from office and handpicked their replacements. How the fuck did you read that as "The High Lords are dead."
>>
>>53867805
Yeah, that's why the notion of a true canon in 40k is, in the words of author and game designer Gav Thorpe, a "fallacy." Because the Authors don't do any kind of coordination and contradict each other with every new release; and only the most autistic or hopelessly NEET of souls would be able to put in the time or effort to keep up with the latest and greatest contradiction.
The BL writers have it right when they declare loose canon, but it's pretty much the best way to handle a franchise with so many authors over so many years; and frankly, fits nicely into the setting from a meta-standpoint as well. As ADB puts it, the super loose canon is a feature, not a bug.
>>
>>53867424
Less retconned and more, McNeil doesn't have a fucking clue what he's doing and makes more continuity errors than every other BL author combined (minus Abnett).
>>
>>53868315
half the people on tg get most of their lore from threads on here, which can lead to plenty of hearsay.

Some people still think the Pylons destroyed Cadia for example
>>
>>53868440
God, don't remind me of those terrible times.
>>
>>53868440
No shit. I'm all for loose canon, or whatever floats your boat like the guy a couple posts up. But if you're going to state something as a fact, at least get it correct, out of the source whatever source that may be.
>>
>>53862491

He can speak to people who are physically near him through visions. This is why Roboute went to see him.

One thing that confused me, how are the new marines being deployed so quickly, and in such numbers? Doesn't it take a century to produce and train a chapter? How are they suddenly trained and ready for war? Even if there were a million training under Mars, they lack actual combat experience.
>>
>>53868607
Don't quote me on this because it's been a few weeks now, but IIRC they did in fact, throw Primaris Marines into the field with no real combat experience
>>
>>53863808

Why would they suffer losses? Have the Custodes being fighting in the Webway for ten thousand years? I thought the Emperor sealed it.
>>
>>53868633

So they just mass produced new marines without testing them and threw them into combat. Great idea, I'm sure that'll go really well.

Even the Emperor, the most accomplished geneticist of all of creation, was forced to create the Thunder Warriors as prototypes before he attempted to create the Astartes. And if I am remembering right, he had to alter the Astartes shortly after the Crusade started because they took too long to produce and kept dying too easily.
>>
>>53868639
They did. Gathering Storm III confirmed that the Golden Throne was sealed up. Undisputable canon until an author decides that gets in the way of his story.
>>
>>53868708

Roboute being forced to travel to Luna rather than the Palace itself supports this.
>>
>>53868695
>was forced to create the Thunder Warriors as prototypes before he attempted to create the Astartes
you know it took cawl 10,000 years to perfect the chadmarines right?
>>
>>53868695
It did go well in the end though. They adlit they had quite the losses at furst but by thr time the indomitus Crusade is over, they're all proper marines with experience.
>>
>>53868747

Yes, and this is why I assumed they have only been in mass production and underling training for a short time. Far too short to identify any serious issues. Cawl testing them under Mars doesn't compare to actual combat, which will involve exposure to Chaos and the Warp.
>>
>>53868753

I would assume then that the crusade lasts for a few decades in order to train them up right.
>>
>>53868791
Dark Imperium states that the Indominus Crusade lasted about 112 years
>>
>>53868807

Well, that's my concerns put to rest then.
>>
>>53868807
That reminded me. Dark Imperium says, I believe, that Guilliman got done in by Fulgrim about 100 years after the Heresy Which on his side note would make his disbelief about the Ecclisiarchy in GS3 more believe. Imperial Cults would certainly be prevalent by then, but nothing even remotely to the scope and scale of the Ecclisiarchy,. The Great Crusade/Horus Heresy was 200~ years. That means, that Calgar, who's been chapter master of the Ultramarines for 300+, had been Lord of the Ultramarines for longer than Guilliman had been alive upon Guilliman's return.
>>
I wonder how the Codex Imperialis is going to affect the Imperium, especially the Ecclesiarchy.
>>
>>53868850
I'd be willing to bet that Guilliman will become a second Sebastian Thor, a second great reformer of the Ecclisiarchy, once he finally gives in and drinks the Imperial Cult kool-aid. He's so far on the precipice there's no way he doesn't start praisan the Emprah.
>>
>>53868850

Which is strange when you consider that, aside from the Primarchs who were actually killed, all of the others are ten thousand years old.
>>
>>53868850
Dark Imperium has Guiliman stating explicitly that the Ecclesiarchy was overall a force of good.
Furthermore, he may or may not accept the Emperor's divinity.
In any case, the Imperial Creed isn't going anywhere, however the Imperium's doctribes might change, like its relations towards eldars notably, or its callous approach to human life (even though Guiliman admits high and noble principles are a burden more than an asset when dealing on a galactic scale towards the end of the book).
>>
>>53868873

His line of thought may revolve around the Emperor actually being a god now. This is probably why the Emperor hasn't done anything about the Ecclesiarchy, he has probably come to accept it by now. If he was to deny it, he'd lose all the worship energy that keeps him going, and the Imperium would die.
>>
>>53867044
Stream it on /b/ and do it, faggot.
>>
>>53862899
Implying thats the wrong choice when the situation is THAT tits-up
>>
>>53868841
>Lord Guilliman, the Codex Astartes states that the senior officer must be the one in charge of the Chapter. I am afraid I can't take orders from you.
>What
>Brother Leandros will explain it to you later. Dismissed, Roboute.
>>
File: 1409178898123.jpg (118KB, 662x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1409178898123.jpg
118KB, 662x1100px
>>53868890
>like its relations towards eldars notably
Is there anything Bobby made wrong? Best primarch. Best legion.
>>
File: 1486359084790.gif (2MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1486359084790.gif
2MB, 720x540px
>>53869295
MUH DICK
>>
File: dank meme.png (916KB, 1576x1319px) Image search: [Google]
dank meme.png
916KB, 1576x1319px
>>53869135
>>
>>53868413
Dont tqlk shit about Abnett bitch
>>
>>53869295
Sauce?
>>
>>53863808
There was a very old short story where the Emperor guided a badly drugged navigator through the Warp. Usually if anything is even implied as being his work, it's more indirect or subtle, like the tarot.
>>
>>53865299
Any news on Black Conuls?
>>
>>53860427

Here we go, already driving it into the ground. Magnus has appeared in like a dozen events already. This Primarch shit is going to get wacky when all of them come back...
>>
File: 1434043099273.png (197KB, 356x352px) Image search: [Google]
1434043099273.png
197KB, 356x352px
>>53860628

>using the 40k wikia that allows fandom shit into it
>>
>>53872131

I was under the impression that they have two separate wikis, one that has fluff and cited sources, and the other where they keep the fandom in containment.

Like, where do you get the fandom part, is there a page or example the couple be posted?
>>
File: 1496611779016.jpg (220KB, 600x666px) Image search: [Google]
1496611779016.jpg
220KB, 600x666px
>>53865355
>>
What are some IG regiments that you would like to see get rules and new/updated models?

Models and rules for the Tanith First and Only would be sweet.
>>
>>53872151
The wiki doesn't actually cite anything. It just lists all of its sources at the end of the article and says, "You want to know where this bit came from? Start digging through a thousand pages of material."
>>
File: 1491801606974.jpg (179KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491801606974.jpg
179KB, 500x375px
>>53860404
so what you're saying is there's a not-shit color-schemen that's now not taken for "your dudes."
>>
>>53862116
At least the Sky Sentinels got BTFO to the last man by daemon primarch.
>>
>>53868782
well the alternative is basically getting eaten by Chaos, the Necrons, the Tyranids and Orks in no particular order, so lets hope Cawl did Ok.
>>
>>53872151
Lexicanum takes a super-strict approach to editing, you have to put the exact cite, down to page numbers if necessary. If you don't they delete it. This means it updates slowly as people are lazy. They were the first and reliable in the sense that nothing in there was made up, but it may likely be out of date. Fanfiction gets you banned. They were doing well for a while but then started rewriting their citing rules autistically and fucking with long-standing contributors and so their light dimmed a lot.

40Kwiki spent many years being filled with insanely childish fanfiction, to the point it was basically unusable. Then they decided to git gud and started a war with lexicanum (that aside from lexicanum admin asking 40kwiki to not copy+paste lexicanum articles, lexicanum appeared not interested in fighting) to be the best 40k wikia. They started copy+pasting entire sections of fluff books into the site, ripping photos and jamming in fanart from deviant art everywhere. Their contributors have the requisite patheticness needed to quickly update (rip/steal and upload) new stuff, so 40kwiki tends to be up to date.
The problem with it - beyond how unethical it is compared to lexicanum and in general but who cares about that on 4chan amirite - is that they too are lazy, but in the way that they can't be bothered citing things.

So on lex, a guy goes through say, 3 pages of a sourcebook, turns that info into a paragraph of original text and cites the 3 pages down to chapter and page number with author credits.
On 40kwiki, a guy copies those 3 pages exactly, uploads the text verbatim and writes the name of the book he got it from. Then puts 3 pictures next to it he steals from a fanartist.

So, if you already *know* where something came from and need an online quote, 40kwiki is good. But if you don't know, you can't verify anything it says. Lex is often out of date and doesn't have the new info you are searching for.
>>
>>53873988
Tallarn. For them sweet sweet snackbar demo squad funsies.
Not to mention fast mover vehicle based snackbar demo squad funsies.

>death to the imperials and all that.
Aloha!
>>
>>53860404

That color scheme is dope as fuck. Like some kind of 90's Transformers toy.
>>
>>53873988
Valhallan, because Plastic Greatcoat Guard are a must.
Include extra bits enough and they could probably stretch it to also be Krieg/Steel Legion/Vostrayan.

Drookian Fen Guard. Because kilts and gasmasks are a good combo.
>>
File: 1452198859447.png (785KB, 1138x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1452198859447.png
785KB, 1138x1079px
>>53877766
>that aside from lexicanum admin asking 40kwiki to not copy+paste lexicanum articles

lel that happened to some stuff I wrote for the lexi. Went to 40kwiki to see what their page looked like and all my stuff was there
>>
>>53879381
>HUR DUR 40K WIKI IS JUST FANFICTION LEXICANUM IS WAY BETTER
>OMG 40K WIKI IS JUST A COPYPASTE OF LEXICANUM

So which is it you stupid faggots
>>
>>53868695
That's how most of the GC and HH were fought, so
>>
>>53877766
40kwiki sound more useful there... Who give a fuck about the exact page ? I'm not writing a thesis on 40k, I just need the info.
>>
>>53879670
Which is 'better' depends on what you want.

Lex has less up to date content, but everything on it can be sourced accurately. You can rely on what is there. It's also written and organized better as the editors there make an effort. It also happened to be first, attempts to be ethical and is an actual project. I understand the latter things perhaps only matter to oldfags and not hurfa-durfa gib me fags, so that may not be of interest. The articles are shorter and split up into neat sections and you can browse around in it.

40Kwiki has more up to date content and literal rips of the content. The problem is that it is haphazardly jammed in altogether in huge long pages along with made up stuff, and the list of sources is just that, a list of books at the bottom of the page with no clue what came from what or how to find it. They also happily steal writing, theories and art from all over the net and forums and just post it, errors, fanfluff and all. The people behind it tend to be a little cunty, but aren't we all. It has a lot of art on it if you like pictures and can't use image search.

>>53880084
Then 40kwiki it is for you. It can be good for storytime. It's just useless for dealing with any 'wat prove it faggot' moments.
>>
>>53880408
>It's just useless for dealing with any 'wat prove it faggot' moments.
Eh, fair enough.
>>
How many times do you actually use the citations on wikipedia.

If the answer is "never", since that seems to be the case with 99% of you dumb faggots, then there is no reason to complain about 40k wiki whatsoever. There has never even been any back up of the claims of false info on that site either, except for Miriael Sabathiel's page.
>>
>>53868377
Wasn't there a particular BL editor (Lorraine?) who tried to reverse that and said canon was all very much set in stone?
>>
>>53879381
Same. It started when one guy got butthurt he was banned from lex for inserting fanfluff and fanart, he got 'us' back by just ripping our shit off.
It was kind of weird, as yeah, we were just rewriting stuff someone else made up, but we had to find, sort and organise all that shit. Not to mention I know I have particular stock phrases and templates I introduced on that site and to see them copied was weird.

However, people do that. Long ago in the mists of time I made a gaunt's ghosts fanpage online, someone ripped it off for the actual wikipedia articles and original lexicanum articles.

So what goes around comes around. I don't like either wiki now, what with everyone having all this ship on epub or whatever, they're basically useless. I liked doing a lot of lex work, but when you add lots of good content and then some dick keeps following you around and flagging your shit because you use "pp" as your cite nomenclature and he wants you to use 'pg', despite that being non-academic and not even the site rules, it just got fucking annoying.

Meanwhile 40kwiki is run by literal insecure manchildren who have the creative abilities of two dead dog's dicks and don't notice when they upload nonsensical trash in the rush to stroke their e-peens.

That said, 40kwiki is probably 'better' if you just want to read things and don't care where it came from or if it's even true. Lex is basically for the old guard or people doing research now. 40kwiki keep ripping it off for content though, so it's still the home of getting things done...just slooooowly.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>53860637
>pic related
>>
>>53880508
Oldfags remember when 40kwiki was literal slash porn fanfiction and homebrew chapter pages everywhere. They actively tried to clear all that shit out, but that reputation sticks, it was like that for years. It doesn't help that they shove fanart in everywhere, despite the fanfluff being mostly all purged. It reinforces the idea that it's got shite in it.
>>
Can we also pour one for Sabatine, homeworld of the White Consols?
>>
>>53877766

Seems like 40kwikia is fine if you just want a casual browsing. Like if I want just a basic summary of Inquisition philosophies that makes a good working knowledge for whatever 40k project you might be working on.

Lexicanum seems like it's the super-accurate, nothing-but-what's-verifiable source for when you need something's source found or only what's absolutely confirmed canon.

I do like 40kwikia's format better than Lexicanum's not!Wikipedia format for the casual browsing, and even though the pictures are fanart ripped from deviantart, it makes for a more interesting read. But given the stated ethical concerns, I should probably just git bttr than both of them and use Lexicanum's sources to find copies everything's source on my own.
>>
>>53880588

They seem to have dumbed it all into a fandom containment wiki, which is where all the Tau-aligned Chapters are.
>>
File: It's Raining.jpg (134KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
It's Raining.jpg
134KB, 500x502px
>>53881746
>>
>>53865355
Nope.
They actually didn't show up to the Primaris giveaway Guilliman held at Baal.
>>
>>53871163
What about the Living Saints? Normal human being randomly and suddenly given superpowers on par with Daemon Princes is something that people in-universe and out believe has something to do with Big E.
>>
>>53881977
>Nope.
Says who?

>They actually didn't show up to the Primaris giveaway Guilliman held at Baal.
Literally every extant Blood Angels successor made it to Baal besides the Lamenters which implies they're all dead. Guilliman made a big deal out of reviving destroyed Chapters with Primaris. It makes sense that they'd be one of the rebooted ones.
>>
>>53882019

A warp-bending faith that breaks the empyrean over its knee and sucks power directly from the Emperor to clothe the believer in mystical trappings of faith and fury? Maybe they're just what happens when a latent psyker reaches their ultimate potential through faith; a symbol of what humanity's psychic destiny could accomplish?

We don't quite know, only that they are somehow linked to the Emperor and they can really fuck things up. Also that Witchhunters are suspicious of them a lot because it's all just psychic powers and sorcery to them, even when it's on their side.
>>
>>53882131
I wonder how butthurt Celestine would have been if she was called in to talk with the Emperor as well.

Imagine her face if her god just straight up doesn't recognize her and says "I'm not a god and you aren't a saint either".

But honestly I think the Emperor views them as decent enough servants and the Saint has been pretty flexible when its come to doctrine as it is with the prophecies and the working with eldar and all that jazz.
>>
>>53882238

The original Sister's leader was given an audience with the Emperor. If in that time he was much the same as he is now, it's quite possible she was given the same sort of speech. However, she did end up turning her order into the contemporary Sisters of Battle, so whatever she gleaned from it turned her faithful.

It could be that Celestine, or even the first Sister of Battle aren't of large enough minds to comprehend the Emperor in is entirety, and are just awed by his power. Or maybe they glean some different form of meaning from his revelations than Guilliman did, and Guilliman's own audience with the Emperor is colored by his own perceptions. Which might make sense, since he is butthurt about daddy not loving his Sons and only calling them creations; he could be seeing his own insecurities reflected rather than the true voice of the Emperor's psyche.
>>
>>53867229
>>53867424
Oh fuck off BL
How do you not have your IP on lockdown

retards
>>
Any more interesting lore bits like this? Anything about Orks?
>>
>>53873994
And the sources often don't contain the info they're implied to either. Like the shit about the Lords of Decay attacking Pluto, none of the sources given on that page mention it, and I've never seen anyone come out with a credible source (i.e. one that actually mentions the incident) to support it.

>>53880084
Problem is, with their loose guidelines, the info you end up getting might just be fanshit being passed off as canon.

>>53880408
> They also happily steal writing, theories and art from all over the net and forums and just post it, errors, fanfluff and all.

And their attempts to hide it tend to be pitiful. Even now, they still manage to get around the ban on copying from Lexicanum by rewriting it to sound archaic and pompous, and mixing their own fan-speculation into it.

>>53868440
The whole thing about that Rogue Trader Terminator being Saturnine armour is nothing but /tg/ Chinese whispers too.

>>53868633
Primaris Marines were first made just after the Scouring, before any of the Primarchs disappeared. Cawl had them in and out of stasis for 10 millennia, so maybe they received training during the waking periods.
>>
>>53883173
Nah, we know for a fact that Primarines were thrown into the Indomitus Crusade without REAL combat experience. Of course they were trained in those 10k years, but there's a huge difference between a "standard" newly inducted SM, who's been fighting for several decades during his scout years, and a Primaris thrown into combat, against Veterans of the Long War no less, without any real combat experience whatsoever.
Hence why they took heavy losses at first.
>>
>>53883251
Literally all Space Marines start with no real combat experience. That's true of all soldiers in history.
>>
>>53883495
The difference is that SM go through scouts years (and often decades), before donning their power armor. Here, Primaris didn't.
>>
>>53864414
>Hence why Roubute now has some serious daddy issues now.

Gulliman already had an adoptive step-father who loved him as his son, fucks sake, why should he still have daddy issues?
>>
>>53884168
His foster father died decades before he met Emperor who is only person in galaxy which he can relate to apart from Yvraine.
>>
>>53884168
>>53884235
Dorn was probably the only one who didn't have daddy issues, as he shown to generally appreciate his adoptive fathers memory by wearing his cloak.

People need to stop being so surprised that the Emperor didn't really love his sons. If he did love them, Conrad would have received the help he desperately needed, Angron would have been handled far more delicately and he definitely would have been gentler when dealing with Lorgar.
>>
>>53884265
Dorn was happy because Emperor kept him at his side all time.
>>
>>53884265
>Dorn was probably the only one who didn't have daddy issues
>went fucking insane when his space daddy got throned and threw his legion into a suicidal meat grinder to punish them for not being "good enough"
No yeah he was super well adjusted.
>>
>>53884265
>If he was intelligent, Conrad would have received the help he desperately needed, Angron would have been handled far more delicately and he definitely would have been gentler when dealing with Lorgar.
Fixed.
>>
>>53884265
>What is iron cage

I agree with the rest
>>
>>53884265
If he didn't love them, why is he in his big life-support seat? The answer used to be in Paradise Lost.
>>
>>53864135
It was good read, but...
>Three Iron Warriors, from which two stood up as Autocannon started firing.
>IF legion members guided him to fire the missile from abandoned silo towards unprotected base.
IF Apoc informed castellan that Mechanicum had used pills for years to poison Guard Companies sent to guard fortress, so none would ever return from there to tell what they saw.

That lone IG man started rebellion in Arx Mechanicum Ship. Speranza!
>>
>>53880508
>There has never even been any back up of the claims of false info on that site either, except for Miriael Sabathiel's page.

The Harakoni Warhawks page has a standard loadout for their drop troops even though the only place you'll find that info is someone's homebrewed Harakoni rules for Only War.
>>
>>53880544
Laurie said that in a forum post in 2014. And then in 2016 said:
>I mean, one of the things that’s been said lots of times is that all of the IP is created equal. All of the background of Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000, the Horus Heresy – everything is cool, and I think the only way that stuff appears not cool is if people either overthink it

>Some people do get very invested in this stuff, and they take one sentence as gospel truth saying ‘well that doesn’t make any sense, I hate this and I don’t want any part of it’. Other people think ‘it doesn’t seem to make any sense but I wonder if there’s a story behind it’. A surprising amount of what we do editorially as well when we’re writing for ourselves within the Warhammer background come out of that – ‘this seems crazy, how can it be made more authentic?’

>Some people have said ‘oh wow, now that finally makes sense, I really like it!’ while others say ‘what’s the point in doing it? It’s a stupid idea anyway, and you’ve just made it worse!’ Okay, if you didn’t like it before and you still don’t like it now – great! I still got to tell my story, not everyone’s going to like it.
>>
>>53868377
>As ADB puts it, the super loose canon is a feature, not a bug
He's right though. The only people who loose with it are the autists socialized by 4chan who measure their life's value in internet arguments won, or people who don't read any material and just make shit up and don't have a single source in any era of fluff to back themselves up.
>>
>>53890808
who?
>>
>>53865299
Their chapter master has an entry in the new index astartes so they must still be kicking
>>
>>53860404
F
>>
>>53889981
That's not a backtrack of his previous statement. Goulding is just saying that people shouldn't take every single sentence as a gospel truth with no context. I've seen people cite the mad rantings of Chaos cultists in arguments when they're clearly a biased and unreliable source.
>>
>>53894141
He also says that if you don't like what he's written, it's okay, because what he writes for 40k is "his" story.
>>
>>53894141
He says though that everything is cool, and that it's only not cool with lack of context or overthinking.
That's a clear backtrack. And if it wasn't, it makes him a douche because he says "I still got to tell my story, not everyone’s going to like it.", which would mean, without a backtrack, that he's using his position to make his fanfiction, "my story", canon. A wording far more acceptable coming from someone who isn't forcing "their story" down your throat.
>>
>>53864050
>I'm looking for the book, an anthology one, where a custode shows up and tells the Dark Angels to give him a squad because the asshole he's hunting is a fallen. Then after the spaghetti gets picked up off the floor he goes yeah bitch, you think the bug E doesn't know what goes on in his own imperium?
I need to read this.
>>
>>53883021
when the rift opened up they armageddon got so overwhelmed in demons that the orks actually teamed up with the IG to take them on in a temporary alliance.
>>
>>53867044
Yeah? Well I just spent 4 years painting a full chapter of heavily converted Sky Sentinels and now I've got to throw them in the fucking bin. I only finished the last guy this morning.
>>
>>53898785

post a photo of even *one* of your supposed models.
>>
>>53860427
>Magnus ruins everything
>again
Color me surprised
>>
>>53881854
>Lexicanum seems like it's the super-accurate, nothing-but-what's-verifiable source for when you need something's source found or only what's absolutely confirmed canon.
Unfortunately, that's not quite true... they're lacking in certain areas and glossing over the details in others.

>>53896822
>got so overwhelmed in demons that the orks actually teamed up with the IG to take them on in a temporary alliance.
>Khorne's boys showed up to join the bloodbath party, but then the NERDS had to rush in and pick a fight with Khorne's guys
>Ghazzy probably just telepathically told his boyz from all the way in Octarius to let Yarrick do the strategy, he's too busy having fun killing bugs to charge back to Armageddon at the moment
>>
File: 250[1].jpg (27KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
250[1].jpg
27KB, 250x348px
Has anything happened to best chapter in a while?
>>
>>53899000
Greenskin 'ere. Who da zog are dez beakies again?
>>
File: wolves.png (22KB, 415x167px) Image search: [Google]
wolves.png
22KB, 415x167px
>>53899034
Clearly they are the Space Wolves.
>>
>>53898785
Why not just continue playing them in battle pre-999.M41? And make a new post 999 chapter your next project?
It's not like Magnus retroactively erased them from 40k's history.
>>
>>53898797
>>53899436
>taking an obvious joke seriously....

>>53899436 is right in a more general sense though, your army can be from almost any point of the lore, I've seen a guy do a bitching Astral Knights army for example.
>>
>>53868413
Isn't Abnett pretty good about keeping the Gaunt's Ghosts canon fairly consistent aside from minor stuff like
>Kolea x Ana fanfiction
>Whatever is going on with Yancy
>Whether or not Dalin actually knows Kolea is his dad
>Everything Kolea
>Ludd being competent but naive or Ludd being a straight-up troll or Ludd being incompetent but well-meaning
>Which Sabbat Worlds were conquered and which were liberated, meaning some worlds are fought over at least 3 times in the span of the books
>Didn't Lord Chass die in Necropolis? Who is the Lord Chass mentioned in Salvation's Reach?
>>
>>53899712
He better be, internal consistency should always be near-perfect if it's one author on one series. I always find it funny though when other authors say "the Abnett-verse" almost disparagingly, when his average 40k is their best.
>>
>>53880560
Is this different in the case of WFB?
>>
>>53884265
Maybe he just loved some more than others - ever heard of picking favorites? Could be most of those who went traitor he recognized as flawed not realizing he wouldn't get to deal with them later once the Crusade was over and he could take a breather, or like Horus he trusted completely.
>>
File: Ork burna grin.png (410KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Ork burna grin.png
410KB, 800x533px
>>53899107
>Google guesses the marine in Imperial Fist Armor is a Space Wolf
I guess the sons of Dorn really WERE wiped out 9000 years ago. Anyone wearing their armor now is just a cosplayer.
>>
>>53900408

>Imperial Fist
>>
>>53872131
>anime reaction images
>>
>greentexting
>>
>>53900408
>Imperial Fist
wew lad
>>
>>53860774
>jobbers made up to die.
Nah. They've been around since at least 2008 in the 5th ed. Marines codex.
>>
>>53899034
Marines Malevolent. I.e. Asshole Marines.
>>
>>53863808
Eye of Terror.

So dated it hurts.
>>
>>53862519

So what was stopping the chaos gods from doing this shit before he was interred in the throne?
>>
>>53883173
>And their attempts to hide it tend to be pitiful. Even now, they still manage to get around the ban on copying from Lexicanum by rewriting it to sound archaic and pompous, and mixing their own fan-speculation into it.

I've noticed this lately. Want to play a fun game? Look at the summaries of the Gathering Storm books on Lexicanum, then on 40k wiki and notice how the latter is just the former in-universe

Lexicanum has issues, but overall is an actual wiki resource for 40k. It's main issue is lack of contributors. If you look at contributions basically everything is being done by 2-3 people
>>
>>53903632
Humans have been becoming more and more psychic over time.
>>
>>53903632
Infighting and incompetence mostly.
I mean, fuck, the big four gods of chaos can't even curbstomp old Gork n' Mork (granted, those two have been punching each other since the War in Heaven when the gods of Chaos were massive clouds of emotional matter inside the Warp.
>>
>>53877766
40k wiki is going to get itself shut down, because it just copies and pastes entire GW books, word for word, in its articles. If GW actually realizes this one day they can get it deleted for basically being free online versions of their books. Lexicanum paraphrases which makes it immune from this.
>>
>>53877766
>Lexicanum is out-of-date

This isn't really the case anymore. All the events from Gathering Storm, Primaris Marines, etc. are all up there. They even have 8th edition rulebook events up now and that has only been out for a few days
>>
>>53880408
the best 40k wiki articles are the ones that have the same paragraphs (themselves from codex's) multiple times because multiple users copy-pasta'd them without checking

Salamanders used to have this LOADS for a while before I tipped them off and they fixed it
>>
>>53903684
reminder that 40k wiki is cancer

>Fanfic everywhere
>Fanart everywhere
>No citations. Simply dumps sources at the bottom of these massive pages making it impossible to look anything up
>Simply plagiarizes entire GW sourcebooks, copy and pasting them word for word page after page. Literally no other wiki on the web does this.
>Actually far more behind lexicanum in updating stuff. When stuff does update it's only done piecemeal and in a poorly organized fashion (i.e. new information on vulkan fighting horus might be added to the Vulkan page, but not the Salamanders, Sons of Horus, Horus Heresy, or Horus pages)
>Shitty in-universe rambling style that makes looking stuff up exhausting and annoying
>Awful organization that makes looking stuff up exhausting and annoying (Wanna find a specific Dark Angel? Well, a copy paste might be somewhere on that massive DA main page but good luck finding anything individual)
>>
>>53903749
Vulkan fights Horus?
>>
>>53903632
The Emperor was still around and humans were less psychic. He wasn't born on the throne you know
>>
>>53867417
He's doing this to all chapters that are still alive and kicking, while those that are already dead are getting re-founded as Primaris Marines Chapters.
>>
>>53899000
>All Marine Chapters get sooner or later Primaris Marines.

Now I shudder at the thought of Primaris Marines Malevolent. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if they were so asshole that the regular Marines Malevolent would look like Salamanders in comparison.
>>
So I'm still not sure about this, but what is the deal with primarines? They were made on mars right? What else is there about them?
>>
>>53906487
They're reviving dead chapters, which means more Astral Claws.
>>
>>53903695
>This isn't really the case anymore.
I dunno, Lexicanium sometimes undersells events like what's going on over in the Octarius War.
Last I checked they summed up Ghazghkull's arrival as "shows up on Octarius, slays a mighty Malwoc and rallies the greenskins to his cause".

However, the WAAAAGH! Ghazghkull codex supplement that summary's drawn from is a lot bigger than that. Rallying the greenskins to his cause should be followed by something along the lines of 'killing all the Tyranids on Octaria*, giving the Orks a brief moment to reinforce their defenses before the Hive Mind retaliated.' along with a mention of the Tyranids escalating things even more by sending multiple tendrils to deal with Octaria in response.
*Yes, the central planet of the Ork Empire of Octarius is named Octaria, as per the WAAAGH! Ghaz supplement.

Then again, that page also includes the statement that the Swarmlord has been sighted on Octaria, so they might be trying to avoid unnecessary skub wars or something.
>>
>>53868607
There is plenty of "combat" experience a million men secluded in a subterranean base can have, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>53899712
>Didn't Lord Chass die in Necropolis? Who is the Lord Chass mentioned in Salvation's Reach?
Well that one I can answer for you - Daddy Chass got kilt, the one Gaunt stuck his dick in became new Lord Chass. And then shipped her son to an active warzone, because reasons.

And had her kid's bodyguard modified to look exactly like her, which isn't fucking weird at all.
>>
File: AsterionMoloc3.jpg (139KB, 680x880px) Image search: [Google]
AsterionMoloc3.jpg
139KB, 680x880px
>>53899000
But anon, that's not the Minotuars.
>>
>>53899000

the Destroyers? The best white scar successor chapter? No.
>>
>>53898797
I think you need to get checked at the doctor m8, hope I've triggered you in a few other threads too
>>
File: 1497207864971.jpg (20KB, 339x433px) Image search: [Google]
1497207864971.jpg
20KB, 339x433px
>>
>>53860404
Anybody got a link to the dark imperium book?
>>
>>53898797
As a wise men once said: it's a meme you dip.
>>
>>53907561
More like there aren't enough contributors to expand everything hugely. Lexicanum tells you what's happening without pomp
>>
File: 1325677804953.jpg (40KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
1325677804953.jpg
40KB, 639x480px
>>53913175
>>53908846
>>53899555

Got 'em
>>
>>53884398

>being e. Optional when your dad dies means you have daddy issues

Do you actually know what the term means or are you genuinely retarded?
>>
>>53913216
>without pomp
>an entire invasion force of nids is wiped off a planet and forces the Hive Fleet to send more tendrils in response is considered 'pomp'.
But yes, Lexicanum is a rather good resource for getting a base summary of what's going on.

Although now they're going to have add a blurb about a Blood Crusade trying to wade into the Octarius Meatgrinder (with a shit-ton of Khorne champions) and getting forced into a standstill (before all the Khorne Daemons noped out of there via Warpstorm, leaving Kharn and his World Eaters to fend for themselves) because they entered a worldwide battlefield that's been going on for over a century and got hammered by both sides.
>>
>>53915352

I doon't get it. The Khorne daemons were defeated or did the fighting get too hot for them???
>>
>>53916017
>The Khorne daemons were defeated or did the fighting get too hot for them???
Short version: Khorne had to drag his daemons/daemon champions back into the Warp because the Chaos gods had started infighting in what's being called the 'Rift War'. Before this, any momentum the Blood Crusade had on Octarius was gone (which is what happens when you pick a fight with two armies that excel at war-by-attrition and have been doing it to each other for a century), and the only way things could go for Khorne's daemons (and their non-daemon counterparts) was bad in the long run.

In other words, Khorne pulled an "I'm bored and I've got shit to do, you're on your own Kharn!" and left all of his non-daemon followers stranded in a world-wide war between the Nids and the Orks. (they didn't have the patience to fight it out, even after sending two waves of attacks on the planet)

Oh, did I mention that Octarius is also a goddamn DEATH WORLD?

Yeah... the mortal members of that Blood Crusade are very, very fucked right now.
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.