[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Commander/EDH General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 73

File: IMG_7626.jpg (75KB, 638x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7626.jpg
75KB, 638x377px
"Cheesecake Playmat" Edition

Previous Thread: >>53834961

COMMANDAN NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
http://mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

ANNOUNCEMENT WEEK

>Product Announcement Day
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/25th-anniversary-announcement-day-2017-06-14?

>Magic Digital Next Announcement and MTGO Changes
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-update-2017-06-13
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-onlines-fifteenth-anniversary-2017-06-07

>Metamorphosis 2.0
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/metamorphosis-2-0-2017-06-12

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/4F4Gz

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's your oldest oldest Deck and how has it changed since you put it together?
>>
>>53855132
Return to Dominaria..... Maybe Urza planeswalker?
>>
>>53855274

Dominaria is going to be the Liliana focused set. We may see Urza referenced somehow, but definitely won't see an Urza Planeswalker Card. They can never do it right, and he's too important to the over all legacy of Magic to screw up.
>>
File: Karona, False God.jpg (141KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Karona, False God.jpg
141KB, 480x680px
>>53855132
>What's your oldest oldest Deck and how has it changed since you put it together?
I started playing around Scourge/Mirrodin and this card confused me as a new player. Was it good? Awful? I couldn't figure it out.

Turns out she was just plain awful. Fortunately, the first commander set introduced the Vows and I thought I had her figured out.

After playing her a few times (against Shattergang Bros, no less), I realized that the Vows easily fall off and lots of players run sac outlets. Therefore, I shouldn't have to rely on my commander.

She's now wrath.dec and only swings when the board is completely clear. Thankfully, because she has haste, I don't need to rely on boots or greaves and she's a OHKO with Finest Hour and a 2-hit KO with a Vow and Opal Palace. The only Vow I run is Flight, plus at least 3 lands which can prevent her attacking me. She continues to get stronger as I trade into better cards; recently I obtained an EMA Vampiric Tutor which is nice as the deck is heavy in control and tutoring for the right answer at the right time.

>>53855274
Please no
>>
>>53855132
No such thing. I can vaguely remember stuff I've played online ~6 years ago, not having money or inclination for the cardboard. Started playing the real thing this year, since then, decks are getting built and rebuilt on a monthly basis
>>
>>53855132
>What's your oldest oldest Deck and how has it changed since you put it together?

Built two decks when I started the evolution was:

>Phenax Tribal Walls
>Phenax Control Pillowfort Combo Pile of Trash
>Oona Combo
>Phenax Combo
>Lazav Shapeshifter and Dimir Goodstuff
>Lazav is life, Lazav is love

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lazav-clone-shark/

>Melek Spell Slinger
>Niv Mizet Draw combo
>Creatureless Melek Combo
>Jhoira Big Suspend Spells
>Jhoira Big Dick Eldrazi Swinger

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jhoira-of-the-giants/

Recently took some of the Melek combo spells and make a Mizzix
>>
>>53855132
I've started mtg with dragons of tarkir and got into commander a year later.
My oldest deck is propably my Breya deck which used to be a Sharuum deck after I modified the Oloro precon.
I've built it from lifegain goodstuff into artifact combo.
>>
>>53855563
How's your Jhoira do? is she blown off the table immediately?
>>
File: 246.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
246.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
My oldest deck started as the most Timmy ever Scion deck.
Slowly I started putting more and more "good" cards in it till it became a hot mess of goodstuff and shitty mana curves.

So, I thought I needed a change and decided to play with less colors to limit myself to hopefully get a more cohesive deck.
I eventually settled on Nicol Bolas because the theme behind it gave me more to focus on rather than just dragons.
This was 6 years ago.

Since then my Bolas Dragon deck has been my favorite deck. and over the years it's seen rebuilds and upgrades. And it's slowly become more robust, flexible and streamlined.

I've had many decks in those years but Nicol Bolas has been the one to stick through it all.
>>
>>53855132
Honestly, I jumped into the deep end, I started playing in a frankly insane meta with the 2014 Precon Teferi I got for cheap last year. I've added Chain Veil and basically cut most of the expensive spells from it in exchange for cheaper stuff that staxes and helps me combos off.

He's a really flexible deck capable of staxing a table or comboing off quickly depending on my needs.10/10 would warp a meta with it.
>>
>>53855999
No because my group cant into spot removal or counters for my counters. Most of the time I will either summon her early and get two things suspended turn 3-4 then I dont care if she dies.
Otherwise I wait till I can caster her AND suspend a few things in the same turn.

My decks' changes really show how we went from 1v1 to 3-4 players too.
>>
>>53855132

>Azami wizard tribal
>Niv-Mizzet proxied infinite combos
>Mizzix spellslinger
>Nekusar wheels w/ proxies
>Arjun draw combos
>Melek storm
>Jeleva storm
>Rakdos, the Defiler harm, sac and discard
>Sedris reanimator
Possible Narset chaos in the future, maybe as a side deck

>Maga 1v1 durdling
>OG Drana Big Mana
>Geth gravedigging
>Shirei budget durdle
>Sheoldred reanimator
>Sidisi mono black control
>Skithyrix quick blowout
>Endrek Sahr tokens and stax
>Gonti card hustling
Less and less good cards to steal from the opponents deck though

>Azusa ramp
>Omnath voltron-ramp
>Thrun voltron
>Nath stax'ey elf tribal
>Karador value hatebears
>Ghave token aggro
>Teeg hatebears
Also interested in trying RG hatebear route
>>
>>53855132
First deck was the Sworn to Darkness precon deck. A friend bought it for me when I was getting into Commander and he had the White precon. Had a lot of fun learning to play with him. I usually had Gisa as the commander since she was very straightforward.

Now it's been turned into a zombie tribal/sac effects with Gisa at the helm. Goal is making a meteric shitton of zombies, control the board with sacrifice effects, and make the zombie's huge. Ob and most of the demons are out of the deck now and were replaced with things like Coat of Arms, Ashnod' Altar, Thornbite Staff, and Nim Deathmantle. Noxious Ghoul and Relentless Dead are probably my favorite cards.

Currently reworking the deck with some toys from Amonket. Lord of the Accursed, Plague Belcher, Liliana's Mastery, and Liliana Death's Majesty are all pretty great.
>>
>>53855132
>Thread question
EDH-wise, it's Volrath. I made it like 10 years ago. I just liked Volrath, had a foil one, and wanted an excuse to use him.

He went from just mono black "I think this is good because I'm 14 and bad at MtG" with high cost garbage to pitch to Volrath to an obvious voltron/reanimator. Put a lot of money cards in him, foiled everything I could out, and even got some masterpieces to show off. Now I only really use him like twice a month when my playgroup all brings out their "babies," but he still gets some kick-ass wins and is fun to play
>>
Let's play this game again. Sorry about image quality, I'm on mobile.
Helm of the Gods, Unflinching Courage, Heroic Intervention, Forest, Darksteel Mutation, Plains, Retether.
>>
>>53855132

Molimo, now that I took apart Shattergang. I always check every new set for the mono-green fatties, just in case.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mo-knows-overkill/
>>
File: jarad.jpg (61KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
jarad.jpg
61KB, 265x370px
Is Lord of Extinction worth the $15 bucks? I am thinking about trying to trade for one to put in my Jarad deck
>>
>>53857836
Well worth it in Jarad anyway. All depends on what you wish to do with it. I would say that Phyrexian Dreadnought is also worth it with him.
Some of the Lhurgoyfs are also good, soch as Lhurgoyf and Terravore, depending on the meta of course
>>
>>53857836
Do you plan on just sacrificing it to Jarad?

Do big dumb beaters live long enough to kill stuff in your meta?

Can you give it evasion or trample?

The lord gets chump block for days and it begging to get exiled. Creatures need to be useful if your commander is offline.
>>
>>53857836
It's worth it. You'll make your meta start running graveyard hate if you get it off.
>>
Meta has devolved into a clusterfuck of pillow fort nekusar/grand arbiter with the occasional yidris
none of my decks can compete in this environment and have put a narset build on hold for one of three options
Gaddock tax with big ass uncounterable beaters
Khans Sarruk aggro with mass enchantment removal
Uril win in one swing or die trying
Any Advice?
>>
>>53858183
Make a Stax deck. They break pillow forts once they are online. Green and white are you best enchantment and artifact removal options. I would say Anefenza should be your go to. That will probably shift the meta towards aggro again.
>>
File: selesnya-guildgate-CDMV-271099.jpg (92KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
selesnya-guildgate-CDMV-271099.jpg
92KB, 312x445px
I have a low-budget Selesnya deck, and I've been wondering how many ETB-tapped lands are too many (by slowing the curve too much).

I'd like to know what's the general rule of thumb or consensus in the community. Google searches don't seem that useful, as they're too conflicted to follow.

Pic related.
>>
>>53858895
I would say it is better to have your colors fixed and have to deal with tapped lands than having basics of the wrong color
>>
>>53855341
Maybe Urza's remains will be scattered around Dominaria, I don't remember what happened to his body and only his head plus the legacy and the might stone and weak stone were part of the weapon. I just want to hear the lore in the lore about the ships in the sky and the descendants of the crew of the weatherlight. Yavimaya was always my favorite place in all of magic.
>>
>>53858895
It depends on a few factors, like your curve and number of color symbols, but for a 2-color deck I would stay on the lower end of mana fixing. 5-7 lands that ETB (including conditionally), another 2 or 3 that can filter, and make sure that a few of your rocks and ramp can filter or tap for colored mana and you'll be good.
>>
>>53858895
Basics are better than tap lands. I never use them terramorphic expanse, evolving wilds. Even spells that put you ahead in green and white are better. You are better off playing a gift of states or cultivate. Even an explore is better than a turn 3 tap land.
>>
>>53858895
Depends on your meta's power level
>>
>>53858895
Budget two colour decks (especially where one of those colours is green) barely need any non-basics, unless theyre utility lands like wasteland and friends
>>
>>53858895
krosan verge whatever you do remember krosan verge
>>
>>53859183
This desu
>>
>>53856148
I've been getting back into the game and just started spending more time on tg - what does 'Timmy' mean?
>>
>>53859305
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/timmy-johnny-and-spike-2013-12-03
>>
>>53859305
A young Spike
>>
File: AtarkaWorldRender.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
AtarkaWorldRender.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>>53855132
>60 card
made a red "burn" deck out of some guy's spares for $5 (it was m15/theros/rtr stuff), it is now actually a burn deck that I rarely play with because my meta doesn't like playing it unless its a multi game (Its very casual kitchen table). Its not the best deck, but it is explosive damage wise

>commander
started with borborgymos enraged. it was so bad. Like, I would be ashamed if I made that deck today. obviously it was "gruul" based, but I just didn't have enough cards that were powerful enough or efficient enough to be any good. After awhile, dragons of tarkir rolled around and I made DL Atarka the commander, awhile after that, I made the world render my commander because it was more consistent and is a better card in general. Since then, its sort of devolved into RG goodstuff/dragons. I am happy with where its at, but all I'd want for this deck at this point would be Vorinclex and/or craterhoof. beyond that, assuming that there aren't any new R/G stuff that I'd want, I'm done with that deck.
>>
File: IMG_7596.jpg (89KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7596.jpg
89KB, 312x445px
Rate my shitty "Put together last night" Mayael deck.
>>
>>53859329
not legal / legal
>>
>>53859329

I should include a link.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/whups-big-creatures/
>>
>>53859315
Thanks for the link. Interesting meta.
>>
>>53858895
Scattered Groves
Krosan Verge
Ash Barrens
Canopy Vista
Brushland (ironically enough, just as expensive as Temple Garden)
Temple Garden
Windswept Heath
Forbidden Orchard
Fortified Village
Sungrass Prairie
Sunpetal Grove

The only expensive shit is Brushland, Temple Garden and Heath. Besides all of the above, you just use basics
>>
File: 1485500594065.jpg (49KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
1485500594065.jpg
49KB, 700x520px
Oh lordy lordy, this is hilarious. I want to see how long it lasts.
>>
>>53858955
The rest of his body was left in Yawgmoths arena after Gerrard cut off his head. I personally hope the current writing team stays the fuck away from the weatherlight / legacy weapon / brothers war stories. maybe a return to Zalfir or Otaria would be cool
>>
>>53859413
We might check in with Radha and see how new Keld is doing.
>>
>>53859426
Wasn't the Time Spiral block about ~100 years ago in the current story line?
>>
Dear /edh/,
Help

My playgroup consists of four friends:

1. Guy who refuses to play multicolored decks because he doesn't know how to build decks and can't be bothered to learn. Main deck is a mono W angels tribal with gerrard capashen at the helm. It's vaguely lifegain themed with very little lifegain support.
2. Spike. Claims commanders and sits on them for months before deciding he doesn't actually want to build them. Only deck he's had in paper for the past year is Purph.
3. Me, I started playing magic a year ago and now have 12 decks in paper, My decks are pretty varied because I get bored playing the same game every time. Notable decks are Marrow-Gnawer rat tribal, Queen Marchesa aggro with focus on symmetrical damage doubling, and kydele/thrasios combo.
4. Esper control/combo player. Has a $500 sydri deck that tutors microsynth lattice and blows up lands. Almost every game. Also plays tassigur which wasn't entirely unfun until he decided to tune it. Groaned in protest when he saw I put stranglehold in a couple of my decks.

I'm having less and less fun as time goes on. #4 wins almost every game we play. #2 refuses to play against sydri, and #1 has all but quit playing magic because his decks aren't much more than stacks of cards that can't do anything at a table with #4.

I've told #4 he's basically forcing #1 and #2 out of the group, and they don't like playing with me because I've tried to build decks that keep #4 in check.

Is it all ogre now? How can I bring my group together? I even tried to meet everyone in the middle and make a deck building game where we drew a color out of a hat and made a budget mono colored deck of whatever color we chose, but I'm the only one who actually built my deck. We drew our colors several months ago.
>>
I wasn't in here when Scorpion God got spoiled.
What do you guys think? Might be neat.
>>
My oldest deck was Melek, its biggest change is that it is now Niv-Mizzet.
>>
>>53859444
She's an elf, plus she's been through enough shit to handwave her still being alive.

It would be cool to see an older less hotblooded Radha still leading the Keldon, she was one of the few characters from Timespiral block that isn't dead or missing.
>>
File: 1497733194590.jpg (373KB, 1466x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1497733194590.jpg
373KB, 1466x1028px
This card has white color identity, right?
>>
>>53855132

Xenagos, built it as Stonebrow trample tribal back when gatecrash came out, eventually after putting Xenagos in the deck and finding myself tutoring for him every game I switched the deck over to him.

Now the deck has lots of extra combat phase cards and most of the creatures in the deck 2 phase people with Xenagos. I do love making people's anuses pucker when I give a malignus trample.
>>
>>53859503
No reason it wouldn't.
>>
>>53859461
You can always click back on thread from the link in the OP

He looks good, but not great. Drawing cards is nice but he doesn't do anything else. Plus, he needs additional (mediocre) cards to make his primary draw ability really go off. A decent effort from Wizards, but he's not the RB commander we need
>>
>>53859503
yes
>>
>>53859503
It's black white.

:^)
>>
>>53859503
yes, it's only white kinda like how cellar door is colorless
>>
>>53859530
>>53859559
>>53859580
>>53859604
Thanks, wanted to make sure my brain worked right
>>
>>53859604
>>53859580
>>53859559
>>53859530
I thought the mana symbols only matter for color identity for commander? Since when does he mentioning a color make it that color?
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>53859685
it doesn't
>>
>>53859685
>Since when does he mentioning a color make it that color
it doesn't. See Hanweir Militia captain. She makes W/B cleric tokens when flipped but she is legal in monoW b/c her mana symbols/color indicator never changes from White
>>
>>53859685
You just quoted a bunch of people who gave the same answer, and then asked why the opposite of what they answered was true
Are you okay, anon?
>>
>>53859685
>>53859775
Flip avacyn can be used in both a monowhite deck and as a boros commander.
>>
>>53859801
>Flip avacyn can be used in both a monowhite deck

Flip avacyn cant be used in a mono white deck. its color identity is R/W
>>
So, I need ideas for decks.

My latest is Grenzo, Havoc Raiser Lantern with a bit of Goblin Tribal and a political subtheme ("If you don't block this token, I can get that land off the top of your deck..."), but I also have:
Odric, Lunarch Marshal Keyword Soup
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim Cleric Lifegain
Vorel of the Hull Clade Voltron
Vela the Night-Clad Ninja
Wort, the Raidmother Spellslinger
Sidar/Tana "Fuck your power 3 or greater"
Queen Marchesa "Don't touch me, peasant"

Considering Zedruu Political Chaos or Damia Combo

>>53859801
Fuck you, no it can't. Stop being an asshole to the idiot.
>>
>>53859801
She cannot be used in a monowhite deck.
>>
>>53859801
nope
>>
File: IMG_4530.jpg (54KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4530.jpg
54KB, 500x479px
>>53859784
no, not really. I just got off a 10 hour shift from work, so my brain is pretty much fried. Spoilered for blogshit [spoiler/]
>>
>>53859819
Creatureless Mimeoplasm removal seems fun. You could also do Rakdos, Lord of Riots burn and reanimator, where you just fling a bunch of giant fatties, reanimate them, then do it again.
>>
File: Image (86).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (86).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>53859819
I've found Odric to be an amazing member of the 99 and a terrible commander but if you do decide to put him in the CZ, going human tribal is your best bet.
My personal vote is Wort Gruul Control
>>
>>53859456
sounds like you need to find a new group
>>
>>53859892
I think you misunderstand. I already built all those decks, and Odric is really nice.
Have Odric, a bunch of weenies, something with Indestructible, and Siguarda's Aid.
Swing with everything, and whatever gets through gets flash equip with Worldslayer.
Game is all over but for the crying.
I've 'finished' games on turn 5.
>>
What's the best/most fun tribal commander? I've been wanting to build a tribal deck for a while but have no idea who to build
>>
File: Kalemne-Disciple-of-Iroas-1.jpg (80KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Kalemne-Disciple-of-Iroas-1.jpg
80KB, 768x432px
>>53860027
How much do you like a challege?
>>
>>53860027
Atog.
>>
>>53860027
Geist of Saint Traft Spirits. Brago if you're lame.
>>
>>53859819
You considered Bradis conjurer combo?
>>
>>53860043
I played my fiends Giant tribal deck before and I didn't mind it but it was a bit slow for my taste
>>
>>53860140
Braids is rather expensive to do well, if I understand correctly.
>>
File: Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim_OGW.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim_OGW.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>53860027
I think Ayli is the most fun tribal commander, at least for me. That said, she doesn't have that much synergies with clerics.
>>
>>53860245
PSSSSSST!
Daru Spiritualist + Ayli + Lightning Greaves or any other 0 cost target repeatable spell or ability
>>
>>53858055
I run Nylea and Brawn so a lord with trample could be useful
>>
>>53860354
If you can get an Urborg tomb of yawgmoth and and add a filth to the deck.

I won a lot of games with my old Jarad deck just by smashing with 7+ power unblockable Jarad.
>>
>>53860385
i also have a filth. i have urborg+cabal coffers in my sheoldred deck, i guess i could switch em, out between games
>>
>>53860281
I know of it, but I don't run it. Instead I run Glarecaster and Preacher, both being secret tech
>>
>>53860281
Nomads en Kor for Kor/Cleric tribal.
>>
What would you say the cheapest colors to build in are? I know that blue and red are generally rather expensive because of their fetch lands, and I've seen some price in green due to the ramp cards. Anyone able to give me an accurate breakdown of what colors are cheapest to build in while also being enjoyable to play?
>>
File: concern.jpg (269KB, 1600x1173px) Image search: [Google]
concern.jpg
269KB, 1600x1173px
>>53860547
>accurate breakdown
>>
>>53860547
I have a similar inquiry in regards to the pros and cons of decks running 3, 4, or all five colors.
>>
>>53860696
okay, as accurate as is thought to be "accurate". What most people would agree on.

Or fuck, just what people think personally
>>
>>53855132
>Chooses to play a casual and bad built deck
>Fuck spikes stomping my shitbrew reeeeeeeeeee why do I lose is Spike's ruining the game!!!!!1
Edh general in a nutshell
>>
>>53860939
It's almost like it's the casual format or something.
>>
>>53860939
1/10
Here's that reply (you) wanted
>>
Is it cool to switch out two or three cards between games? I don't want to buy another urborg+coffers set
>>
>>53861239
If your playgroup has the patience for it.
>>
>>53861239
Yeah, use the same sleeves for maximum speed and reduced risk of damage.

Does anyone have a good Breya list? I kinda wanna just play midrange/control goodstuff, rather not be all-in on worldgorger/nim combo.
>>
>>53861239
Learn to do it quickly and it's fine. If you spend more than a minute or two resleeving between games then you should just buy another copy.
>>
>>53861103
If is a casual format why does it have banned cards then?
>>
So, as Im a bit of a newbie to magic, and looking to build a deck around King Macar, what kind of cards would y'all recommend to add to it?

I have a couple ideas on how to build it, but Im not all that sure.
>>
>>53861509
springleaf drum/honor-worn shaku and a good number of vehicles he can crew for starters, strionic resonator
>>
>>53861528
Alrighty. I think I even have some of those.
>>
>>53861271
Then you don't want a good breya decklist
>>
>>53855274

I'm hoping for a Serra planeswalker in C18.
>>
File: 165[1].jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
165[1].jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>53861509
Macar's very own personal favorite means of transport.

See also:
>Maze of Ith
>Paradox Engine
>Puppet Strings
>Staff of Domination
>Sword of the Paruns
>Thousand Year Elixir
>>
Captain Sisay is sold out on tappedout. How many did you grab, /edhg/? I got 2. could have bought more for speculation purposes but I decided to not be that asshole.
>>
>>53862138
Is she selling out because of the legendary planeswalker thing? Well I do still have a FtVL version, so I guess it's good I hung on to it.
>>
>>53859456

You need to make a deck that destroys #4 and go 2-Headed Giant, 2v2.

Tune #1s deck a bit so it's not trash. The guy I play with is like #1, I completely understand. He "doesn't play artifacts or unique lands (which he calls Mana)".
>>
>>53861560
I just wanna play Dack, Daretti, Tezz, AoB and The Seeker in the same deck along with all of the signets and talismans to power them out. Cards like Transmute Artifact and The Abyss are so sweet and are unreal value vs a lot of decks. I don't think I wanna play Deathmantle combo, but Thoptersword is much more fair and won't get me focused nearly as hard, especially since Breya already has a bit of a reputation.
>>
>>53859456
You know only shit people. Welcome to mtg. My only advice us build a few decks at various power levels, travel the world or local shops and meet new people, look in to colleges with groups or local meet ups, I know your pain dude. I travel all over my city and can sit down to play with a few folks in one of 6 stores and places. I still can't find a group of friends to play with on the regular, I get along with just about everyone, but no one wants to put any effort in to it.
>>
>>53859456
Honestly I think the problem is between 1 and 2. I think no matter what you guys did 1 will always be a piece of shit beaten by everyone. 2 the "spike" is just horrible at being a spike (seriously, mono red and that's it? Mono red with no effort into it and that's it? Mono red with no way to hose the shit out of artifact.dec?)

I doubt there is any power level they would actually be happy with.

I would find more guys and keep playing with 4. Invite 2 if he ever actually makes more decks and becomes more invested in the hobby.
>>
>>53855132
Oldest existing deck is Krenko, I've turned it to more of an etb tribal using only utility goblins.
>>
>>53855132
Kruphix, God of Horizons is my first deck. Started out as a Timmy-ish deck with some Fog-likes to keep my big boys alive. This sucked. Next, it became Fog until Hurricane, which was better but boring. Now it's Draw everything, build manapool into absurdity, wait until I have Psychosis Crawler an X-draw spell and then murder everyone at once. Saheeli's Artistry is wicked useful for getting up to three Crawlers at once for best effect. Drawing 14 cards and doing 42 damage a head is amazing.
>>
>>53855132

From the days back before everything was about the Turn 2 win and you could actually have a game go 6-10 turns with great regularity.

>12 Swamp*
>12 Island*
>3 Nightmares*
>1 Demonic Tutor*
>4 Royal Assassins*
>4 Plague Rats*
>4 Dark Ritual*
>4 Clone*
>2 Mana Short
>2 Drain Power
>4 Power Sink*
>4 Counterspell*
>1 Larry Niven's Disk*
>1 Mind Twist
>2 Drain Life*

I still have *most* of the deck; I've had to replace some cards over the years, and some more were stolen. I've got everthing marked with an astrisk still.
>>
>>53859456
#4 Is not the bad guy. He is playing a deck that is not even t1. #1 and #2 should git gud or stop playing. Is their only fault to lose the game
>>
>>53862414
Assuming it does work out like peoplecare expecting, she'll be an auto-include in every superfriends and a decent GW superfriends commander in her own right. Ironic that she'll most commonly be paired with a Phyrexian angel.
>>
>>53855132

>What's your oldest Deck and how has it changed since you put it together?

>four years ago some friends saw a pile of old mtg cards I had from back when I was a kid
>didn't even played the game at the time, just liked the pretty cards
>"woah anon, do you play mtg as well?"
>too much of an outcast to miss the chance of doing something with the few friends I had
>"s-sure"
>"really? we're hosting an EDH night in two days, join us!"
>I had no idea what EDH was
>they probably knew it but didn't want to call me out on it since we all play TTRPGs every week
>I go to my lgs the next day
>"I'm terrible at the game but I like merfolk and not losing"
>the guy gives me Talrand, 38 islands, sol ring and 60 countespells/unsummons/stuff
>I actually won a few games and from there on made a lot of friends through the game, getting my first job on one of my LGSs

I actually beta'd my way into one of the things that made me a decent and sociable human nowadays.
As for what happened to the deck, it got banned in our playgroup after I started tweaking with it and later on transitioned into a duel commander deck that very rarely loses. It's still my all-time favorite
>>
File: scorpion.png (699KB, 530x747px) Image search: [Google]
scorpion.png
699KB, 530x747px
>>
File: the rock.png (167KB, 238x290px) Image search: [Google]
the rock.png
167KB, 238x290px
>>53863470
>>
File: lordofextinction.jpg (34KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
lordofextinction.jpg
34KB, 265x370px
>>53857836
>Is Lord of Extinction worth the $15 bucks?

REPRINT
>>
>>53863589
I personally love this.
>>
>>53863107

You're too old to post here. Leave.
>>
>>53855132
My oldest is my Newzuri deck I got as a gift when I was getting out of Standard. It's become Simic flicker featuring DJ Whirler Rogue and I still tinker with it occasionally.
>>
>>53863107

I have all of those cards too, glad I kept my cards.
>>
>>53863589

God, they're so fucking shameless with EDH jank.
>>
Alright, I finally shaved this prototype list for Taigam down to under 110 cards and I'm stuck right on the verge. What final 5 should make the cut?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-neverending-tempest/
>>
File: narsettranscendent.full.jpg (103KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
narsettranscendent.full.jpg
103KB, 240x345px
>>53863964
>no narset
>>
File: pFrhzA2 (1).jpg (45KB, 640x511px) Image search: [Google]
pFrhzA2 (1).jpg
45KB, 640x511px
>>53863943

I just looked up what jank means and realized I pretty much only make jank decks with the most obscure or obtuse cards I can find.
>>
>>53863107

In the context of the game state of 1994 or so, that's actually a really, really good kitchen table deck that's not totally dependent on Power 9. Clear ramp, sufficient mana, multiple threats, and a fair bit of lockdown to give you a chance to eventually your game-enders into play, plus some reset buttons and the ability to find them in the deck. Drain Power into Drain Life is particularly nice.

I've got all of that, so I think I'm going to give that a shot in casual, except for swapping in some Terrors for the Power Sinks and maybe changing in 2 more swamps for islands. Getting dual lands (or Moxes, obviously) makes the deck strictly better, obviously, but I can't in good conscience yell at you for not having them given how old the deck is.

Nice deck, anon.
>>
>>53863589
An invocation worth opening finally. Altho I would still rather have the normal version so I could do this to it.
>>
>>53863943
I'm still waiting for the imperial recruiter reveal. I really want them to treat it like aven mind censor, and give both a card and an invocation, but at this rate I'm worried their won't be an invocation at all.
>>
File: Fast.png (2KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
Fast.png
2KB, 400x200px
Gotta go fast.
>>
>>53864576
But anon, think of the collectors! It's only fair you pay 200 dollarydoos like everyone else
>>
Anybody have any good Mayael list? Mine is pretty slow, feels like not enough ramp to get Mayael out and getting things on the ground.
>>
File: 1495003167735.jpg (23KB, 296x394px) Image search: [Google]
1495003167735.jpg
23KB, 296x394px
>>53861239
If your playgroup is cool with it.

My group is fine with it, I just stick a proxy card on the decks with it and have the official card on another case so I dont have to keep replacing the card sleeves on it
>>
>>53855132
I started off with a Meren precon.

It is now this: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-high-power/
>>
>>53864746
It's not on the reserve list tho
>>
Has anyone else notice that Captain Sisay has sold out on tcgplayer and cardkingdom?
>>
>>53865364
P3K was added to the reserved list in the Ching-Chong Adendum of '01
>>
>>53865522
Nothing from P3K is on the Reserved List, anon.
>>
>>53865567
>Ching-Chong Adendum of '01
>>
>>53865572
Is this just a really bad joke?
>>
My take on the Taigam spoiler, I need to make 17 cuts but I'm pretty all over the place. Ideas are appreciated

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/taigam-rebound-my-fist-off-your-skull/
>>
>>53865597
>Ching-Chong Adendum of '01
>>
>>53865597
It was bad, but then you fell for it and it became good
>>
Speaking of playmats
>looking to get an Avacyn Purifier mat
>the one made by ultra pro is out of stock
>while browsing find one on etsy for 15 bucks
>get it not expecting much, but if it's good, cool.
>arrives just a bit blurry, should have expected as much for 15 dollars
>think to get a custom playmat of it
>highest res is 2560x1600
>inked playmats recommends 3675 x 2175
>previous seller said original resolution was around 1700 x 1000
Anyone ever used mtg's official wallpapers for playmats? Or otherwise found really high res images for them?
>>
File: $_3.jpg (116KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
116KB, 800x600px
>>53865805

I've just used mouse pads for mats, been eyeing ones from favorite artist/card from back in the day (sold out but would be happy with regular card art).

Since such a high res photo is needed I probably won't try to make it myself so what you got doesn't become what I get.

I keep hearing that the artists sell shit with their art on it but this guy doesn't and he's the only artist I'm interested in.
>>
>>53865805
>not ordering a custom playmat with the leaked ixalian cards on it
>not sending said playmat to maro
>>
File: elephant-splash.jpg (23KB, 278x393px) Image search: [Google]
elephant-splash.jpg
23KB, 278x393px
>>53865961

If you're going to do that you might as well;

http://www.poopsenders.com
>>
>>53866016
that doesn't look like official mtg wallpapers
>>
>>53866041

It's the new Eldrazi concept, you like, no?
>>
>>53866065
this is going into my standard deck
>>
>>53866082

I especially like how the Scion is "crashing" into the scene...and he's ethnically brown. Very progressive.
>>
>>53866107
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's Gahiji taking the shit yes? It's good they're following the lore
>>
File: Nothing.png (1MB, 1264x539px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing.png
1MB, 1264x539px
>>53859456

Hey Anon, I had a similar situation last year. Group for four of us, we had been playing together for years and started to run into problems with power level, willingness to spend money and a general disconnected view of what we all wanted out of EDH. We started playing less and less, and after a month or two of people being unhappy we just sort of sat down and talked it out. This is the best advice I can give, talk to your friends. Ask them what they are looking for out of the game, ask what (if anything) is making them unhappy, and try to work out a solution that works for everyone.

There is a chance it won't work, maybe #1 & #2 will never see eye to eye. But it's worth trying, assuming you like these guys. If not, just hit up a LGS, make some friends and try and find a new group.
>>
>>53859456
blowing up lands is never fun, and neither is full on esper control
>>
>>53859456
Lazy people rarely put in real effort no matter how much they say they will. Magic, unforunatly, is an expensive time consuming hobby. People who play casually are fine, but you can't force them to build more decks or take part in arm's races. Unfortunatly someone in a playgroup is always going to have more money, cards, and will to build, and in doing so will force the issue. It's not any one persons fault, but without conversation you'll never solve your problems, and even with it you may never. Probably going to have to find a new group. Sorry m8.
>>
>>53863589
that art is fucking cool, shame about the terrible border
>>
File: 105.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
105.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
Whoa, Neat-o.
>>
>>53866970
Guided passage is amazing. I use it in a primal surge deck as the only other non-permanent
>>
>>53866970
>pay 3 mana
>get 4 cards

why tho?
>>
>>53866991
>4 cards

anon, RTFC
>>
File: 7.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
>>53866970

i put it in my cromat planeswalker deck, since the only creature i have inside is this.
>>
>>53866991
Try again.
>>
so, hypothetical scenario... player A has set up an infinite combo allowing him to gain as much life as he wants at instant speed, but player B has set up his own infinite combo allowing him to deal as much damage as he wants at instant speed.

player B attempts to kill player A, but player A gains life equal to the damage from player B in response, which player B responds to with more damage... and so on.

can they just put the damage and the lifegain on the stack back and forth forever? who wins?
>>
>>53867045
well certainly not the other people at the table

nobody wins but the argument wastes a bunch of time
>>
ABUgames has Apocalypse Complete Set (143 Cards) - $67.40

> SOLD!
>>
>>53867045
If both players are truely infinite its a draw and everyone not them loses. Infinite damage fag could kill everyone else while hp fag still cant die, neither player would theoretically stop stacking their bullshit so to declare a winner from that is asking for a player to concede.
>>
How do I go about making an mono black deck that won't lose it's appeal in a year, at least?

Gonti was a close call, but the my opponents switched from battlecruiser to efficient small spells, making stealing cards pretty worthless. Endrek was nice on paper, but so removable, and deck doesn't quite work without him
>>
>>53859315
Never read this before, turns out I'm timmy/spike
>>
>>53867045
Game continues on. It's not a tie. The only time combos cause the game to tie is if they can't be stopped by either player. If a player can stop but chooses not to then they get a game loss.

They should play on until someone gets removal or wins in another way (like via mill)
>>
File: Starlit Sanctum.jpg (162KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Starlit Sanctum.jpg
162KB, 480x680px
>>53860245
>That said, she doesn't have that much synergies with clerics.
For ultimate cleric jank, use the aforementioned infinite toughness combos + Starlit Sanctum + Transmutation

I also combo off with Edgewalker, Ayli, Enduring Renewal, a sac outlet, and ETB/death effects like Zulaport Cutthroat, but that's just me
>>
>>53867270
Well, I tend to just play it as value and reanimator. I still got to get Reanimate and Corpse Dance there, and maybe also Kokusho
>>
File: Summoner's Egg.jpg (156KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Summoner's Egg.jpg
156KB, 480x680px
>>53867592
I also reanimate, but only Eldrazi. Turns out that players get really salty when Void Winnower comes down early. Who knew?

I have to give a quick shout-out to Summoner's Egg, if you're also playing a sacrifice theme. I've come extremely close to cutting it several times, yet every time I play it it has provided great value. BW has a number of cards for reanimating creatures from the GY, but this is a neat card for cheating creatures from hand while also providing sac fodder. Plus, Ayli hatching Eldrazi from eggs is another cool flavor win desu.
>>
File: ho1dgXs.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ho1dgXs.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53867745
Another great card for reanimator shenanigans. Great because you can pitch something you want reanimated later, then reanimate something you want now. Only downside is that it's a one off.
>>
>>53863470
>play the scorpion god as played by dwayne "the rock" johnson
>blowfly infestation is now a draw engine

wtf i love rakdos now
>>
>>53867910
That is very cool, thanks anon. The 2 exile clauses make me a little wary, but it's a powerful effect. I really like that discarded creature and reanimated creature don't have to be the same.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-ecstasy-of-gold-1/

How is this? Bear in mind this is the first build of the deck.
>>
>>53868240
A+ musical taste, though it would have fit King Macar more. Karlov should be "For a Few Tokens More"
>>
>>53868343
>>53868240
Or "A Fistful of Tokens."
>>
>>53868365
The token with no name
>>
File: ACTUAL.png (3MB, 1416x1824px) Image search: [Google]
ACTUAL.png
3MB, 1416x1824px
Post em?
>>
If your friend made a hilarious mistake that had very little impact to the game, but would cause a shitload of backlash, should you tell everyonr, or just wait and grin?
>>
>>53868539
Do you have a tappedout deck for that mizzix deck? Am looking for inspiration
>>
>>53868539
Got a list for Anya? I always wanted to build her a deck but I already have a Hidetsugu burn/suicide deck and I'm not sure if there's too much overlap.
>>
>>53868589
mistake as in he being retarded or mistake as in against the rules?

because if it's against the rules, then rulefag it up, but do it properly and people will trust you
>>
>>53868539
its a budget build for the low tier of my playgroup which only plays multiplayer.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/izzet-jank-4/

This deck should be fairly up to date, give or take four cards.
>>
Has EDHrec been fucking up for anyone else?
>>
File: edh_time.png (895KB, 1014x1099px) Image search: [Google]
edh_time.png
895KB, 1014x1099px
>>53868539
Sure.
>>
>>53868818
Yeah, I can't access it
>>
>>53868769 meant for >>53868710 obviously

>>53868742

It is the same story at the Mizzix list and is probably off by 5-6 cards.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-life-gain-shotgun/

I will probably autistically update it now because it is bothering me
>>
>playing Nekusar
>Fate Unravler and Underworld Dreams out
>opponents are at Radha, Padeem, and Gisa
>Minds Aglow
>Radha and Gisa have a chat, decide to kill Padeem
>Padeem hears, uses Blinkmoth Infusion, kills both of them
Pottery.
>>
>>53855132
My oldest oldest deck was Kresh the Bloodbraided, the very first mythic rare I ever cracked. (I was young and stupid back then, shaddup) it had damnation, OG duals, judge foil fetches, and a signed D tutor. Had to sell it off for rent in 2011, never rebuilt.

Next oldest deck was originally GAA4 stax, then Hanna, then Bruna voltron, now finally Isperia pillowfort. Haven't played it in a long while, tempted to move it back to Bruna.
>>
File: 06-18-2017postem.png (2MB, 1204x1154px) Image search: [Google]
06-18-2017postem.png
2MB, 1204x1154px
>>53868539
yeboi

Always have The Big 3 with me and rotate through the rest 3 at a time per week.
>>
>>53868742
Updated the list but I am one card off >>53869043
>>
File: Deckbox One.jpg (587KB, 1637x1439px) Image search: [Google]
Deckbox One.jpg
587KB, 1637x1439px
>>53869201
>Not bringing 12+ decks with you
>>
>>53860027
>>
>>53858895
Only tapped lands worth a shit are scrylands and bounce lands
I also play GW my first iteration of my selvala deck played all basics plus a check land, pain land, bounce land, scryland, command tower, bad filter land, evolving wilds/expanse, and a storage land
Land base came out to like 4 bucks

Man have I changed I just dropped 200 bucks on a set of enemy fetches wew
>>
File: The Crew.png (684KB, 1578x445px) Image search: [Google]
The Crew.png
684KB, 1578x445px
>>53868539
>>
>>53869493
>Lim-Dul
Still gathering dust in my binder, gonna build my zombie tribal one day
>>
>>53868539
>All those boring ass deck names
then
>Walker Taxes Ranger
Please tell me that is Azorius Superfriends
>>
File: pic unrelated.jpg (431KB, 1200x727px) Image search: [Google]
pic unrelated.jpg
431KB, 1200x727px
>>53869043
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-life-gain-shotgun/
Thanks! I like the use of Angelic Accord. I once built a janky BW aristocrats deck using that and Proper Burial to pump out tons of 4/4 angels. It kinda sucked but was wicked fun.

I was asking about Anya, however.
>>
>>53869585
Nigga, it's stated right there, with the name
>>
File: eyesofthewisent.hq.jpg (215KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
eyesofthewisent.hq.jpg
215KB, 480x680px
The spice must flow
>>
>>53869585
Yes it is Azorius Superfriends. I just switched from hanna to GAAIV so I have to update the list.

>>53869595
Oh wow my bad I always get those two mixed up.

I actually just switched Anya to tribal angels as I am making Mogis my group slug commander.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-secret-slugger/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/anya-and-an-allotment-of-angels/
>>
File: Seedtime.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Seedtime.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53869549
He's an expensive fragile piece of shit edgelord but when you realize literally every creature at the table is 2-5 CMC away from being yours at instant speed (in most cases), and with all the good zombie tribal in recent blocks, he's been performing well since he scales off players creatures.

>>53869653
>tfw everyone teaming up early to murder the mono blue guy
>>
File: commanders.png (475KB, 1000x486px) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
475KB, 1000x486px
>>53868539
>>
>>53868539
>Spending more than 300 on a lazav deck
LaughingGirls.png
>>
>>53869792
Nigga that's like one underground sea.
Stay broke nigga stay broke.
>>
>>53869792 see >>53855563

UB and UR are my two favorite color combos so its always been a pet deck since it came first.
>>
>>53869826
I actually took my Underground Sea out as no one else in my group has shelled out for best duals
>>
File: edh.jpg (299KB, 943x327px) Image search: [Google]
edh.jpg
299KB, 943x327px
>>53868539
new player here.
>>
>>53869661
Thanks for the list, anon.

After giving it a bit more thought, I'd like to try my hand at a RW punisher deck, but with more of a focus on combat than Manabarbs effects. I'll probably use Basandra as the commander rather than Anya, but she'll be in the deck anyway.

I tried it once before and it was fun, but I quickly ran out of card advantage and dismantled the deck after a few games. I'll have to reexamine the CA problem.

BTW, no Sunforger? My personal opinion is that it's good, not great, and I've never had it win me a game, but I haven't used it much either.
>>
>>53868752
Well, mistake as in he was retarded. Everyone would laugh if they knew and it would start a shitstorm over something relatively mild.
>>
>>53869960
I always wanted to make a celestial Kirin deck. are there enough spirit/arcane spells to make it work?
>>
>>53855132
my oldest deck that I still have and use is probably my 8 rack deck for modern. It was a super budget version at first like no inquisition or thoughtseize and if course no liliana of the veil. it did have ensnaring bridge because this was before lantern control made it popular and it was cheap.

Actually when i first start playing at my lgs this was the deck I brought and since everyone was running tier 1 stuff and stuff in the sideboard for tier 1 decks no one was prepared for 8rack. ended up getting 2nd out of 36 people.

Now I run naya burn and grixis shadow but I still have a soft spot for commander.

My first commander deck was an atarka deck that was meant to just give myself extra combat phases so I could win by commander damage. Super janky but I remember fondly since it was before my old playgroup got even remotely competitive and all we knew about commander were the rules. No sol rings, no artifact ramps , just jank
>>
>>53869792
>Mana Drain, Cryptic Command, Force of Will, Swords of X and Y, Pact of Negation, Bribery, Consecrated Sphinx, Vampiric Tutor, Demonic Tutor, Mana Crypt, Reanimate, Entomb.
That's like $500+ ezpz before lands.
>>
>>53870114
never interfere when the opponent is making a mistake

t. manlet
>>
>>53870109
I originally wanted to run a sunforger pack but didn't have enough equip tricks and room for the additional spells. Now I am hoping to fit it into my more combat oriented Samut deck.
>>
File: Angel's Trumpet.jpg (203KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Angel's Trumpet.jpg
203KB, 480x680px
>>53870442
What are your thoughts on Angel's Trumpet? It's one of my favorite tricks. Gives your guys vigilance, can force combat or tap down your opponents' creatures, AND deals damage. Would it fit in your deck? It has the flavor.
>>
>>53870139
i think so. lots of good synergies. i just finished it tho so i haven't actually tested it out. i'm gonna play it today and see what happens. i tend to make decks that other people hate and i'm a bit worried that people will dislike having me blow up everything constantly. but maybe i just need to stop caring so much.
>>
>>53869734
>*Twirling moustache*
>"Your puny creatures will soon belong to me!"
>Board gets wiped
>"You might have won the battle, but not the war! I'll return, stronger than ever!"

Also
>accusing a black legendary of being an edgelord
>>
File: 1412758252779.jpg (112KB, 717x585px) Image search: [Google]
1412758252779.jpg
112KB, 717x585px
>>53870757
>He doesn't play high CMC high effort Commanders that are more about going off spectacularly 20% of the time than reliably winning

I bet you like infinite combos too huh?
>>
>>53859456
You have 12 decks? Let your friends play with your decks. Also buy precons, including the new commander anthology. If they play with different decks they may be influenced to build new ones.
>>
>>53870539
Never even seen it. Looks great, would definitely put in my angels just for the theme
>>
File: 1489819775413.png (175KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489819775413.png
175KB, 1600x600px
Reached the second to the last tier after watching my playgroup give up game after game to another Spike player within the group. What are some good Stax commanders? I'm looking to snap them out of their funk since they decide to essentially not to play magic by failing to respond to the Spike player, I want to make them functionally unable to play play magic.
>>
>>53868539
>Over half the decks are blue
>Two others look to be non-blue control

You must be super fun to play with.
>>
File: 1Dimesion.jpg (117KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1Dimesion.jpg
117KB, 1024x768px
>>53870997

Heh, what a phag™.

> RoundHouseHighFives.gif
>>
>>53870997
It would be set on a path to exile the moment it touches the board in my meta unless it's completely durdle vanilla creature, and that is if it get though counters, nobody blows your manasources up, or wins the game already. Infinite combos win games, and people I play with pull no punches
>>
>>53871318
The best Stax commanders are UWx. Derevi, GAAIV, and Brago. Taigam might be good, breaking parity by casting spells twice, but that's yet to be seen.
>>
>>53871318
Brago, Derevi, and GAAIV work well.
>>
>>53868539
Post the Ayli decklist, I need inspiration to alter mine a little.
>>
>>53871385 see >>53869043 / >>53869334
>>
I'm new to edh and I bought the Oloro precon, where can I go from here. I'm mostly just looking to have fun but still be able to hold my own.
>>
>>53871494
Use different filters on EDH rec to exclude cards outside your budget. Also as a precon (and popular commander) I am sure someone wrote upgrade articles if you put even a bit of effort into looking.
>>
>>53871494

I was new not long ago, I upgraded cards. Find a card that costs less or does something extra? Replace it. Keep doing that until you've seen enough cards that a different approach become visible, go from there.

MTG hasso many cards that you can go in any direction you want, but if you don't know something exists, you can put it in,so looking at cards itall you can do.

Sift.
>>
>>53871494
Oloro is boring, use Sydri instead. Jam in every expensive artifact and ramp card you can. You'll be surprised how often a 6/6 or 7/7 lifelink deathtoucher can piss off your opponents, and the artifacts will generate value on their own.

One thing you'll learn as an EDH player is that value is king. Play big, draw cards, and you'll have fun. Sitting back and making a pillow fort won't get you the same high.
>>
>>53871494
E D H R E C
>>
File: thescorpiongod.jpg (36KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
thescorpiongod.jpg
36KB, 265x370px
What are some spicy cards to go with the Rock?

Aside from Crumbling Ashes, Kulrath Knight, Horobi, Harbinger of Night and Everlasting Torment
>>
>>53871585
Black Sun Zennith?
>>
>>53871494
http://tappedout.net/mtg-card/oloro-ageless-ascetic/

This is also a good site for building and even testing out decks, it lets you filter different styles, like if you want to stick to lifegain, or move more into control.
>>
>>53871585
blowfly infestation, Necroskitter, Soul snuffers.

Already brewing but didn't pull the trigger in case of the other two being better
>>
>>53871623
>Black Sun's Zenith is now $2

It's not that much, but I remember it a year ago being 50 cents

Is it from EDH or did it find another niche in another format?
>>
>>53860547
anything g/x will have cheaper fixing cause of ramp spells. I don't know what green ramp spells are that expensive but there's so many choices you can pick from the bottom 90% if the top 10 are too pricey. You sound like a new player. If you're new to mtg you don't need to be buying fetches. Get a precon or netdeck a budget commander list. Good budget commanders imo: zada, yisan, karlov are all decent turd polishers. Any color combo can be fun or unfun.
>>
>>53871585
If Horobi is out and Scorpion God pings a creature, does its card draw still trigger, or not?
>>
>>53871585
Obviously the big -1/-1 counter placers: Carnifex Demon, Archfiend of Ifnir, Cauldron of Souls, Contagion Engine, and Midnight Banshee.
I'd probably include black Mike so you have an undying army that constantly provides card advantage.
>>
>>53871764
Can Cauldron of Souls affect your opponent's creatures with Scorpion God's card draw? How can it be done efficiently?

Or is it only included for your own creatures?
>>
>>53871808
Use CoS on 1 toughness creatures that don't have ETB abilities, so it enters with a -1/-1, dies, and you draw a card.
>>
File: 74949.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
74949.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
Who's the most radical black legendary? I mean they've been printing stuff like picrelated for years, but with little people to attribute it to. The spells, artifacts and creatures scream "I'm going to mess your shit up, wreck your mind, steal your blood, poison your wells, trap your soul in hell and defile the corpse multiple times" and typical black legendary is an animal or some "nutting personnel" flap. We haven't seen Tourach or Yawgmoth and most others have either weird color identities (zur, kaervek, ertai) or wasn't-gonna-win-anyway personalities (graeven, volrath, crovax, geth). Kamigawa spirits are awesome but barely playable, Griselbrand is banned, Greel is a one trick pony.

>>53871318
I'm doing a Gaddock Teeg hatebear deck, who basically says "your typical edh is closed due to AIDS". There is also creature, artifact, control, grave and ability hate. Weak point is that you might somehow let some creature beatdown get through under your cover, but there are ways around that
>>
File: 82.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
82.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>53871955

I've heard it this.

> Banned.

Oh...welp.
>>
File: 64.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
64.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>53871955

Ooo...this look mean.
>>
Help me build a fun Ulasht the Hateseed deck for multiplayer
>>
>>53871725
No, the creature is destroyed before the counter placing ability resolves.
>>
File: 5154984.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
5154984.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>53872015
>iconic character
>batshit insane
>can't even sit still while on the board
That's definitely the one, but we can't have nice things.

>>53872063
New Geth's art is rad, but let's not forget that as soon as he tried to proclaim himself a local evil overlord (while not being numero uno on the plane) his ass was instantly kicked into orbit and how long his head laid in wait to kiss Phyrexian invaders' boot

Dear Uncle, why do you have a name, but no Legendary subtype
>>
>>53872155
I used to ALWAYS play black and ALWAYS had Istvan, and Nightmares, Ants and anything * and X.

It was nice :)
>>
File: 1400630753_1400090042340.png (50KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1400630753_1400090042340.png
50KB, 666x666px
/r/ing comic of Spike going to each format's table at an LGS and ending up at the EDH/Commander 'Containment Zone'
>>
File: H E R E W E G O.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
H E R E W E G O.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>53871585
infect and wither fodder with this bad boy, also warstorm surge clones. glistening oil and sneak attack are funny also.
>>
What commander should I use if I want to create a landfall/Token deck, but want more colors than RG pissed off Omnath?
Marath?
>>
File: 107.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>53872655

: \
>>
>>53872752
>more colors
>>
File: perfect.png (202KB, 400x1446px) Image search: [Google]
perfect.png
202KB, 400x1446px
>>53872546
>>
File: 67885_200w.jpg (29KB, 200x287px) Image search: [Google]
67885_200w.jpg
29KB, 200x287px
I can't decide which Simic commander to make. Ezuri, Zegana, or Vorel. Any suggestions?
>>
>>53872655
Child of Alara.
>>
>>53872814
5-colour is a bit too expensive for me, what about 3?
>>
>>53872655
riku or gaykings
>>
>>53872655
Either Hazezon or Dune-Brood Nephilim if your group is fine with it
>>
>>53872845
Dakkon Blackblade, Thrasios+X, or Kings.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170618-141955.png (661KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170618-141955.png
661KB, 1080x1920px
>>53872771

> Last time I help Anonymous...
>>
>>53872791
They're all the same
>>
>>53872790

fukken qeq
>>
File: 7a5.gif (29KB, 482x800px) Image search: [Google]
7a5.gif
29KB, 482x800px
>>53872790
thanks bub
>>
>>53872791
Out of those Vorel, but Kraj is the funnest.
>>
>>53872249
I wish they would add up into a deck with something other than Morinfen or Gallowbraid
>>
>>53872791
What do you want to do?
>>
>>53871955
>Who's the most radical black legendary?

>Lore
Lim-Dul is pretty rad. There is a good reason why he's not just a necromancer, he's *the* necromancer.

You bad-mouth Volrath and Greven but they're actually kind of awesome.

Pure flavor, have you considered Baron Sengir, or really any of his family? After Yawgmoth he's probably the second most iconic name in mono-B thanks to Sengir Vampire, and Homelands, despite all its cards being mechanically shit, did a great job of selling the Sengirs as cool villains in flavor. Aside from the Baron, Irini's card is trash (though if you're being slaughtered by Enchantress she'll hose it good), Ihsan's Shade has the best card but a kind of lousy story, and Veldrane is the worst of both worlds...

But then there's Grandmother Sengir. She's not a good card, but by Homelands standards she's not so bad since she can at least snipe away utility creatures. Her lore, though, is INSANE. She's actually a Planeswalker, the only one to survive the essentially nuclear conclusion to a massive war over Ulgrotha, but she forgot that as part of going utterly batshit from being sealed awake and aware in a stasis cell from then until when the Baron finally found her. She also still has the artifact that caused that, the Apocalypse Chime, except maybe she traded it away to a random dwarf and told him not to ring it just to see what would fucking happen. Ravi is that kind of nuts and being a pre-mending 'walker there's basically nothing anyone could do against her if she ever decided to drop the 3/3 act.

>Cards
You want Gonti. He's not a top tier dark lord of evil, but he touches people in all the ways they don't want to be touched.
>>
>>53872845
Jund has a lot of good land interaction, but no commander that really supports it. My landfall deck is mono G with Baru.
>>
>>53873076
>the Apocalypse Chime

Part of me wishes they'd play more with Set-Hate.

"One day, or another, perhaps I shall ring my pretty chime . . . loudly, so that all may hear."
—Grandmother Sengir
>>
>>53873074
Personally I want the boardstate to get out of control with so many creatures with tons of +1/+1 counters, but most of them only focus on one creature at a time.
>>
>>53873076
>After Yawgmoth he's probably the second most iconic name in mono-B
Lili, Ob Nixilis, Griselbrand, Myojin of Night's Reach, and though you'll probably discount her because of Jeska and Karona, Phage.
>>
>>53873116
Set hate doesn't really work anymore. It worked when each new set had no reprints, but now it's just hella weird.
>>
>>53873137
I'll give you lili, I completely fucking spaced on her and she probably has more cards (though less iconic cards) than even Yawgmoth now, but for "Printings of shit named after them" Ob nix, grislebrand, and MoNR are badly lagging due to being largely contained. Ob Nix could catch up though, and is decently on his way with multiple PWs an legends.
>>
>>53873116
>Part of me wishes they'd play more with Set-Hate.
I wonder if, with the recent errata to how it functions, they aren't planning to include the occassional Plane-destroyer as a bizarro wrath for Standard.
>>
>>53871676
Secondary marrket is moving in hard on commander any playable Rare or mythic is going up in value regardless of demand or inventory.

Pretty soon commander will have a price barrier beyond the land base.
>>
>>53873683
I wouldn't call it a "price barrier", since EDH has no competitive meta. there are no real "must-includes".
>>
File: 120[1].jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
120[1].jpg
65KB, 312x445px
Wait, is this a Forcefield that costs 1 less mana, 1 more life, $100 less, and is white? Am I missing something?
>>
>>53873747
Yes. This card is bad, forcefield is not.
>>
File: Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404.jpg (78KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404.jpg
78KB, 470x595px
>dropping a t2 Kataki after the table plays their sol rings & signets
>>
>>53873747
Costs colored mana, and life. If you get swung at by a 2/2 or bigger, Forcefield is better.
>>
So I know EDH is meh about proxies for the sake of proxies, but what about Collector Edition stuff?
I'm not really willing to pay $25 for a decent condition Raging River.
>>
>>53873747
Martyr's Cause is a 3 drop enchantment that can also protect creatures (or other players) but the actvation is creature sac instead of life/mana. It's super fun and versatile
>>
>>53873816
Why are you asking us? House rules > actual rules.
>>
>>53873844

This. Nephilim are legendary in my house.
>>
File: privileged-position-CDMV-83720.jpg (90KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
privileged-position-CDMV-83720.jpg
90KB, 312x445px
Should hybrid mana cards have an "either/or" color identity instead of "both"?
>>
>>53873565
Well, it'd certainly be appropriate for Amonkhet. I don't think this place is coming back.
>>
>>53873929
ohboyherewego.tiff
>>
>>53873929
>Should hybrid mana cards have an "either/or" color identity instead of "both"?

Fine as is.
>>
>>53873929
Nope. Not having this discussion.
>>
You have five seconds to give me a reason why not just copy the "average deck" from edhrec when building a new deck.
>>
>>53874090
Because it will be shit.
>>
>>53874012
>>53873960
B-but I really want to play card X in my YZ deck...!
>>
>>53874090
Synergies exist between cards in the 99, not just cards and the commander.
>>
What do you guys think about running Lifeline in a Ghoulcaller Gisa deck? The deck is intended to be less competitive than my super combo heavy well tuned decks. I love Lifeline and feel like it might synergize well with Gisa and Zombies in general.

I'd be running Kalitas and Leyline, as well as some other graveyard hate zombies in order to make the artifact as one sided as possible.
>>
>>53869354
I did for a long time in a gift box but then I got tired of carrying it all so I decided to slim down.

Something as slim as your pic I would totally use though, what is that?
>>
File: 228165496.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
228165496.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>53873076
Grandma is radical indeed, so does her doomsday trinket. Turns out she also writes manuals on black magicks and gives them away to anybody who cares. The Baron himself is really the most smart one, who haven't suffered crushing defeat in centuries and is still kicking.

Volrath really seems an inverse of Geth, I need to give him a shot.

The one noone mentioned is Cabal Patriarch, a gold-loving orthodox who's touch decays living flesh and who coincidentally had a god-incarnation baby with Phage, a match made in heaven

>>53874478
Yes, run it and I've got another suggestion if only for art and flavor
>>
I was thinking about getting the new Archenemy for the schemes, but they seem to be strongly tied to the preconstructed Bolas deck in art, theme and mechanics, which means I probably won't be using them for silly 3v1 EDH games.
>>
File: 14973256835511.jpg (96KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
14973256835511.jpg
96KB, 1024x683px
>>53868539
Joihra of the Gitu - MLD/Big Guys
>Counting to 4
Sliver Overlord - Sliver Tribal
>Counting to 5
Zur the Enchanter - Dr.Doom
>Counting to 6
>>
File: everything.jpg (67KB, 605x623px) Image search: [Google]
everything.jpg
67KB, 605x623px
Living Weapon creates a black 0/0 germ token.
It's still legal for non-black commanders because no mana symbols/requirements, right?
>>
File: 7841.jpg (7KB, 218x200px) Image search: [Google]
7841.jpg
7KB, 218x200px
>>53875089
Yea.
Though the rules and banlist are all made by some casual and his casual friends. So take the rules and banlist with a grain of salt.
>>
>>53873099
>>53872845
Play Xira Arien landfall, draw a card when you're in a pinch.
>>
>>53875158

I was told no by tappedout. I had that new land that turns into a big demon by saccing clerics in my colorless deck.

I got pissy, they insisted...I'm conflicted, so I just skip them.
>>
>>53875353
As long as there are no symbols outside of your colours it is a-ok.
>>
>>53875353

It's because its color identity is Black. Ormendahl is black.
>>
>>53874090
EDHrec takes all its data from tappedout decks, and most people post really shitty decks there to get help so the average deck is pretty skewed towards being mediocre.
>>
>>53875353
Transform card have little dot on creature type bar that's telling of their color identity. Color of tokens doesn't matter since they don't have identity.

Transforms- color+identity
tokens- color and no identity.
>>
>>53874699
Stanley 10 Removable Bin Compartment Deep Professional Organizer

Was like $20
>>
File: Postem.png (1MB, 1654x490px) Image search: [Google]
Postem.png
1MB, 1654x490px
>>53868539
ask and you shall receive
>>
>>53875353
The only equipment with living weapon that cannot be used in a non-black deck is Lashwrithe. And that's because it has two black phyrexian mana symbols on it.

And Westvale Abbey cannot be used in a deck without black because the card's color identity is also black because of the color indicator on the other side.
>>
>>53875353
Double sided cards have the color identity of both sides. However, token color does not affect the card's color identity, so Westvale Abbey is black because of it's flip side, but it isn't white even though the tokens it makes are white. You can play Westvale Abbey in a mono-black deck, but not a mono-white one.
>>
>>53874090
>Incoherent mess
There are multiple ways to 'build' each commander, so the average is just gonna grab bits and pieces from all these builds and make you a list of jank.
>>
File: 281b.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
281b.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>53875402
>>53875417
>>53875431

So it's NOT ok. Color identity black.

So...(I have dementia so please be patient), one last time and for good;

Is it haraam or no?
>>
>>53875158
Cool. It's going in MIKAEUS anyway
>flayer husk is a bear for 1
>and undies into a bear
>>
>>53875494

NVM, ty.
>>
File: 20170618_165448[1].jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_165448[1].jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
>>53874699
A storage box made by Stanley. I did the same thing and it's awesome, just make sure to clip it BEFORE you pick it up. Just be careful how you situate your decks, since standing them up causes them to just barely sit above the lip of the box, making the lid squish the sleeves.
>>
>>53875541
Color identity: card's color + all many symbols on the card. On both sides of the card.

I can't explain it any clearer.
>>
>>53875573

I learned how to play commander from MTG.com and it lacked a lot of info so I basically learned wrong and have been having trouble unlearning it.

WotC is stupid and they should feel bad. Infact I think I'll send maro a hate twit on twitter about how leaks should be this or that.
>>
File: can't get clearer than thiss.png (621KB, 679x475px) Image search: [Google]
can't get clearer than thiss.png
621KB, 679x475px
>>53875541
pic related is white on both sides. Tokens are bw but doesn't matter- you can play pic related in mono W. Your chad is black, and IS NOT a token but a flip.
>>
>>53875595
In order, they are:
Sedris Fun Times with Dead People, or 'What does Phasing do again?'
Damia Oops All Clones.
Karrthus Dragon Fun-Times.
Rashmi Good-Stuff.
Frogdor 'Retreat to Hagra is My Favorite Wincon'.
Nin Artifacts Rube-Goldberg Machine.
Doran Likes Big Butts.
Selvala Enchantress.
Alesha Sorta-Kinda Combo.
Ishai Needs a Partner for Bird Fun-Times
Gisa and Geralf Zombie Fun-Times
Atraxa Fun with Fungus (No walkers or infect here!)
Wort Goblin Fun-Haver
Hapatra Snakes on Snakes on Snakes
Surrak's Valu-Mart.

Not shown are: White Sygg Merfolk Combo and Nemata Big Mana.
>>
>>53875692

I also stopped playing around Mirage and came back for SOI, shits.....changed...
>>
File: doomsday.jpg (32KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.jpg
32KB, 265x370px
oh boi
>>
>>53875774
I hate all invocations but this is somehow okay with me.
>>
>>53855132

My Aurelia deck. First started as Odric, Master Tactician when I threw together some cards I had. I liked Boros, so i ordered Gisela and Aurelia and ran the former as the Commander.

Couldn't curve for shit, so I dropped Gisela, put Aurelia at the helm and trimmed the fat. Now she's a lean deck that generally out performs most others in my meta, although I tend to get ganged up on these days when I break her out.
>>
>>53875595

> not double sleeved

If you spend that much, why not? I have at least 1.5k of my cards double sleeved, nearly all of some 3k sleeved (unnecessary I know but switching them for brewing is damaging in itself).
>>
>>53874842
Nice, I'm certainly looking for flavor over power.
>>
>>53875867
I double sleeved my first legacy deck.
It's like a hundred dollar deck though.
>never to be reprinted ever
>>
>>53875867

For several reasons, really. They wouldn't fit in the boxes I had them in before, and won't fit in the new one. I'm not terribly worried about card value, since many of the cards have seen enough play already that I couldn't sell them for much of anything (and don't plan to sell them ever). But the biggest one is that I'm a lazy shit who hates having to wrestle with the sleeves to get them to fit.
>>
>>53876001
Also I have tiny hands.
>>
>>53875541
I wish Ormendahl could be my commander. :(
>>
>>53875945
>hundred dollar deck
What? In edh I just double sleeve my cards that are foil or cost over about $30. In Legacy and Vintage I keep them single sleeved but if I start playing real power or Tabernacle I'd double sleeve it all.
>>
Just getting into EDH. Picked up a Yidris precon and swapped out a few cards, check out my list and make some recommendations, if you would.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/entropic-uprising-modification/
>>
>>53876152
>only double sleeves some of the cards in his deck
Judge!
>>
>>53876152
>hundred dollar deck
The most expensive card is FLUCTUATOR
and the landbase is cycle lands
It is the jankiest.
>>
>>53876203
>calls judge in edh game
>>
>>53876305
>playing EDH
>not being a judge yourself
>>
>>53876203
That's why I only do it in EDH, a multiplayer casual format. I don't cheat with the double sleeved cards and when half of your cards are double sleeved there is no way to cheat with them.
>>
>>53876330
>when half of your cards are double sleeved there is no way to cheat with them

>knowing when the top card of your library is good or jank and land or nonland is not cheating
>>
>>53876305
>Not having a friend named judge who is good at explaining things to nerds
>you have to double sleeve all your cards otherwise you are functionally marking your cards.
>>
>>53876491
>Fondling your deck like a blind girl at a strip club
>>
>>53876330
I'm with >>53876491, even if you don't do it purposefully all the time it is way too easy to cheat with.
>>
>>53875478
>>53875595
That's pretty awesome, thanks to the both of you!
>>
>>53876550
>Not seeing the difference in double sleeved and single sleeved cards like a blind girl at a LGS
>>
>>53876566
>>53876566
New thread's up.
>>
>>53862627
So you're trying to port tezzerator from legacy to edh?
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.