[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm here to show you an example of how I used to find others

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 88ManVsDnD_web.jpg (490KB, 1008x612px) Image search: [Google]
88ManVsDnD_web.jpg
490KB, 1008x612px
I'm here to show you an example of how I used to find others for my campaign. Granted this was a few years ago, back when I didn't have the network or social capital I do now.

Tldr: go to the local thing, run a 1 person short. You will be very pleasantly surprised at how often it works. You'll hear no a lot, but you'll also hear yes more and more often. Plus it's great practice for flexibility.

The story

This is how it begins. (Read this in the voice of James Earl Jones. It's pretty much my actual voice lucky me, though I'm no Vader!)

I motioned him over, within the shadow of the figurines, on the far table no one uses since the light flickers ominously...

"wanna play some... Dnd?..."

I ask, discreetly opening my trench coat to reveal a handful of dice and a folded up character sheet, the light flickers appropriately and I allow myself a devilish grin.

"nuh... No bro... Why are you wearing a trenchcoat? It's like 73 degrees in he-"

I shush him slithering from my throne to his side, (it was really heavy to carry and I'm still surprised Brett let me do that).

"Shhhh hero, have a seat. Complementary soda is under the table... I'm thinking, a paladin?"

He allows himself begrudgingly to be sat down, the Jade drink of the gaming gods (mountain dew) frosting his hands... Quietly I notice his mjolnir tattoo, I log his buzz cut, military perhaps? Regimented? Storm cleric? No... No, I was right, definitely paladin.

"Well, I'm really here for the Warhammer... But my army is a few points off so I've got an hour."

I ignore his uninitiated prattle, and produce from within my satchel of lesser holding, a voluminous tome of quite unforgotten renown.

"Welcome... To the isles."

His eyes widen as I grab a figurine from the counter behind him,

"I'm pretty sure you can't do that-"

I shout at Brett "add it to my tab", apologize for breaking the immersion as I wrench it open with my teeth and begin to walk him through a roll up.
>>
Three mountain dews later, one barscene, a lover made then lost, then rescued, and a few awkward trenchcoat partings later, he's begging to continue...

" I didn't realize this would be so much fun! Do you run a campaign or-"

"Shhhh..."Yet again I hush him. A novitiate, bled by war, by strife, by cr2 creatures felled... It was time...

I reach within my trench to pull out, the signup sheet.

" Yeah bro it'll be like every weekend at this address, bring your own snacks, manual supplied. You should totally buy this figurine it really fits your character."

Another has fallen to the collective. As he leaves clutching his Avatar I move to the soda machine to restock, eyeing the upset redhead that has just lost the magic tournament, whom I overheard has to wait 2 hours for her ride home....

I ready my trench coat... Then decide that's probably not the best opener this time, plus it's like 74 goddamned degrees in here what the heck.
this is actually a true story from several years ago. Happy to share about the redhead. Ended up dating a while. I have a ton of stories like this.
>>
What is your NanoWrimo novel called?
>>
>has tons of stories
>doesn't continue to tell stories
OP is more of a fag than usual today.
>>
>>53850518
I assure you this all happened as presented
>>
>>53850580
No one asked,
>>
>>53850584
I'm sure it did, ein Freund von mir.
>>
>>53850656
That was the title of the novel, you idiot.
>>
>>53850440
>I have a ton of stories like this.
Please keep them to yourself. Thank you.
>>
>>53850430
>>53850440
Thanks for the laffs OP
>>
File: 1497539838647.png (307KB, 437x359px) Image search: [Google]
1497539838647.png
307KB, 437x359px
>>53850430
moar pls
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.