[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats new in 40k?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Waking up from a Coma.jpg (79KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
Waking up from a Coma.jpg
79KB, 992x744px
tl;dr after graduating in college back in 2011, I have been out of the loop of changes/updates in 40k ever since 2011.

Now that I have a more relaxed & stable life, I'm planning to get back into the hobby again. Problem is: I don't know where to begin with all this new shit happening.

So I ask you guys: what's new? AFAIK there's new Spess Mareen models, Roboute Waking up, and the Imperial Guard is not the Imperial guard anymore, and Necrons can talk.

Besides this, what else?
>>
New rules, new edition, GW actually communicating with the customer base and attempting to balance rules. If you've been out of it since 2011, we've gone through a phase of having 1850 points in one single unit, requiring 6's to be Hit, with a 2++ re-rollable invulnerable save and a 4+ Feel no Pain and Hit and Run, but now that's over. So people are generally very optimistic about this new edition.
>>
>>53850451
SHEEEEEEIT
>>
>>53850451
> If you've been out of it since 2011, we've gone through a phase of having 1850 points in one single unit, requiring 6's to be Hit, with a 2++ re-rollable invulnerable save and a 4+ Feel no Pain and Hit and Run
Wait, what army was that?
>>
Smashfucker.
>>
>>53850427
>2011
Probably missed 5th edition cron codex entirely, so not only can they talk, c'tan are their pokemans, instead of teleporting they use vehicles on the battlefield and their leaders are comically batshit insane
Imperial Guard just got a pseudo latin name like space marines ahving adeptus astartes
Flyers as well as apocalypse size models are a thing now
Army composition is far more open, starting with just taking allies in 6th to now being able to mix and match near everything
There are now super terminators as well as super space marines
Magnus and Guilliman returned
Fluff advanced for 102 years after 999m41
New edition is a complete rewrite of the rules, a mix of 7th and 2nd edition mixed with patched age of sigmar
(They killed fantasy and replaced it with a more le ebin setting with significatnly reduced rules to a point where i can't recommend the core rules, though later supplements made it a kinda ok game)
Destroyer weapons were a thing in regular 40k and with new rules they kinda are still in a different way
New factions were added, like the Adeptus Mechanicus or Genestealer Cults

That should be most of the important stuff
>>
>>53851139
You can do it with a couple demons armies, esp. tzeentch.
>>
>>53850427
Creed is MIA, Cadia blew up.
New "Primaris Marines" Basically Terminators but swole and with less armour.
>>
This might be a good place to ask a noob question.

Is there any word on If or which primarch to be released next?
>>
>>53851756
Mortarion is next for sure, then people seem to think the lion is after
>>
>>53850451
>phase of having 1850 points in one single unit, requiring 6's to be Hit, with a 2++ re-rollable invulnerable save and a 4+ Feel no Pain and Hit and Run
Im glad I bailed out around 5th.
>>
>>53851791
Any idea when?
>>
>>53851288
Tzeentch didn't get Hit and Run, Screamer Combo relied on Fateweaver so the Grimoire roll wouldn't fluff. In all, you were spending at least 475 points bare minimum (more like 600+) for a unit that didn't actually hit that hard and could be tarpitted.

The only combo that really could pull such shenanigans off as mentioned were Imperials, usually a Dark Angel/Spacewolf teamup.

Make DA allies of convenience with the rest of the Imperials (closet heretics) and you're 33% of the way to fixing 7e.
>>
>>53851809
Within the next month
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.