[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k Lore Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: SMC.png (1MB, 1191x842px) Image search: [Google]
SMC.png
1MB, 1191x842px
Are there any two Chapters that work closely together on a regular basis? To the point where they are almost always working together.

I'm sure it's not an original idea but I kind of like the idea of two highly specialized chapters working side by side.
>>
>>53842139

No, because the entire point of the chapters being divided up was so they could go solo. There are a couple chapters who always work with the Inquisition, Sisters of Battle, IG, etc, and most Ultramarine successors work with one another at least once in a while, and Imperial Fists always gather for the Feast of Blades tournament, but only Chaos has near-permanent allies.
>>
>>53842139
Yeah, the Dark Angels are essentially a pseudo Legion they are so intertwined.
>>
>>53847059
I wouldn't go so far. Certain detachments of unforgiven chapters will work closely to hunt down the fallen, but even if Azrael is running the whole show behind the scenes, they keep that shit on the down low and operate totally indepedantly so long as there's no fallen about
>>
>>53842139
LEGION OF THE DAMNED ARE NOT A CHAPTER
YOUR .PNG LIES
URGE TO KILL RISING
>>
>>53848220
yes they are you fucking warpspawn

they were the firehawks in the badab war and then became the legion of the damned
>>
>>53847059
Not really. Gav Thorpe's Dark Angel books has three chapters work together in the end (Dark Angels and two successors) and it's pretty heavily implied that Azrael doesn't trust one of the Chapter Masters too much and the other one at all.

They work together when it benefits them, but they don't really trust each other.
>>
>>53842139
If you want to do your army that way, do it - even if the lore currently says "that never happens", you can just wait for the inevitable retcon of it. Remember, there's no point giving a shit about the lore that GW pumps out, because GW doesn't give a shit about it either.
>>
>>53842139
Red Hunters chapter only exists to work with the inquisition
>>
>>53848447
They WERE a chapter, the Legion of the Damned are now shadowy figments that materialise, fight, and disappear.

Where's their homeworld?
How do they recruit?
What support vehicles and battle barges do they have?

They don't have a homeworld.
They don't recruit.
They don't have any form of official support because THEY ARE NOT A FUCKING CHAPTER
>>
>>53842139
There's at least one chapter of Ultramarine successors, either Novamarines or Genesis, I'm not sure which, who work so closely together that said successor has regular meetings with the Ultras to make sure they are strictly Codex compliant, and who, if the Ultras are ever beneath max strength, will donate as much men, materials, and manpower as needed to keep the Ultras at full strength.
>>
>>53850071
probably genesis, the twats
>>
>>53842139
Why are the imperial fists not pictured in ops pic?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.