[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help with a 40k WAAC player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: ork.jpg (132KB, 623x511px) Image search: [Google]
ork.jpg
132KB, 623x511px
Hey /tg/ im still really new to the hobby of Warhammer40k and I'm trying to learn everything (even though a new edition is coming out) and i have a small play group of 5 others who are mostly casual but 2 are Extremely annoying to play with, they both do the same shit,
>Calculates every single movement as much as possible, spends like 10 minutes on a single move just to make sure its perfect
>Plays eldar and brought a super heavy walker to my 2th time ever playing and basically wiped the floor with me
>people where complaining that their/his eldar where annoying so he swaps to tau, brings 2 riptides to a another game with a different player in the group
>Consistently skips over rules and doesn't let me double check because "we have went over this before"

Is this normal or just kinda bad stuff i can deal with? or is it sign of a awful player? how can i avoid playing with them without seeming like a jerk?
>>
Sounds like a dick. Honestly its a game to have fun, if you're not having any then you've fucked up. So just when you get to the tables say you're looking for a "narrative game" (code for fun) and if the list they pull out isn't chill- say you'll play someone else and actually do it.

Some people have fun winning, some have fun playing. Find your type of player and schedule games only with them,
>>
>>53827788
Sounds like you're dealing with tourney players who aren't willing to cut you some slack.
Either don't play with them if you don't enjoy competitive play, or just wait for 8th when the current power lists will all be really toned down.
>>
Looks like you're playing 7th edition 40k

In 8th edition FW superheavies don't have rules yet and riptides were nerfed into the ground.

I advise you stop playing a really shitty edition.
>>
>>53827788
knock the motherfucker out. i hate waac faggots so much man
>>
>>53828006
Eldar players are so full of tears after 8e. Its delicious
>>
>>53834271
I'm actually pretty happy with the nerf, I was getting sick of being moaned at for picking the faction I liked best. I even started up an Ork army to ally with just to tone down the cheese, but now it looks like orks are the new Tau. Like fucking clockwork.
>>
>>53827788
Hello, this is /tg/ complaints department. Have you tried not playing Warhammer?
>>
File: 1463352709215.jpg (40KB, 556x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463352709215.jpg
40KB, 556x720px
>>53830551
I've never really understood these types at all. I mean, if you've got that kind of drive, why not apply it to something that matters? Go be a shark lawyer or corporate executive or something. Why bring MUH VICTORY BY ANY MEANS attitude to an autistic game of toy soldiers?
>>
>>53838891
I guess its because its all they are good at. As cruel as it may sound, there are some people who just don't have it in them to be top tier lawyers or corp execs so have to find other means to get their highs.
>>
>>53838990
It's also where most of the derisive tones on tg come from. People often forget the first reason they get into the hobby. It looks fun to them. It's sad how many man-children ironically lose touch with their inner child and try to be a "super serious competitive adult" when it comes to games.
>>
>>53839070
Fun is irrelevant
>>
>>53839070
I think getting an element of competitiveness is natural and not always bad but really, if its a hobby you're investing a crap ton of time into and money, I suppose that puts some of WAAC into context.

After all the aim is to win. Just happy I play Blood Bowl where its budget friendly, you can aim to win AND have fun. Also WAAC still get bummed by Nuffle here and there.
>>
Friendly reminder that playing to win is alright, but playing anti-socially is not.
>>
>>53839126
>playing to win is alright, but playing anti-socially is not.
Could you elaborate on the differences?
>>
>>53838891
Because they're lord of the nerds, a bit hard to climb that ladder with that title.
>>
>>53839085
I'm sorry your parents made it their sworn duty to piss in your cereal every morning before you were off to catholic school.
>>
>>53839157
>playing to win
Attempting to beat your opponent in the most efficient, reliable, and legal manner possible
>playing anti-socially
Being personally rude or unsportsmanlike to your opponent.

Generally speaking, both players should agree on their goals for the game (competitive, or narrative), before starting it. Neither approach is more valid than the other, and there is no badwrongfun.

Additionally, it is possible to be rude while not playing competitive! Players that are incessant about "well ACKTUALLY the lore says that the space marines wouldn't [do what you just did]", or who try to accuse you of being evil for playing to win, etc, etc.

tl;dr

Just be excellent to each other, and make sure you're on the same page about what sort of game you want to have.
>>
>>53839274
>Friend wants to play Super Smash Bros for the first time ever. I oblige.
>He picks Kirby. Big mistake.
>Instead of teaching him the rules or controls, I spend the entire game juggling him off the edge of the map as sheik until he cries from the sheer amount of fun he's having.

Yeah. New players should totally be subjected to WAACfags. That's how you build a Hobby's playerbase
>>
>>53839347
>Generally speaking, both players should agree on their goals for the game (competitive, or narrative), before starting it.
>>
>>53839347
>Super Smash Bros
>Competitive
I mean, I know this isn't /v/ but...
pick one
>>
>>53839465
I don't think you've ever heard of Evo bud...
>>
>>53838891
big fish in a small pond mentality.
>>
>>53827788
First off, you want to play the game in a non tournament WAAC manner. So you should look for players that wish the same. You found 3.

These other two faggots need to tone it down if they want games, pure and simple. If you don't wanna play dick list number 19, then don't fucking play the guy.
If he bitches, tell him you're looking for a more casual game.

You have a WAAC tourney level faggot. Put him in his place. That place is in the fucking corner and getting no games.
>>
Get better at the game. Every match is a learning experience. You got your ass kicked by a super-heavy in your second ever match? Then next time take more anti-vehicle weapons, ask your opponent after the match for advice on how to build a fun, balanced all-comers list.

And keep playing. The more you play the more you'll improve. One day you'll beat those double Riptides and you'll be grinning from ear-to-ear.
>>
>>53828643
>power levels in 8th
>"I advise you stop playing a really shitty edition."

So you want him to go back to good old RT? Good choice my man.
>>
>>53838891

It's not a drive to win. It's terror of losing. They place too much of their self-worth into the outcome of the game.
>>
>>53838891

It's because it's easier. They aren't able to be those things, but they CAN be a WAACfag.

t. someone who has the ability and often the itch to min/max hard, like REAL hard, but who isn't actually able to cut it in actual stuff that demands you go hard, like fighting games or RTS
>>
>>53827788
You really

really

REALLY

shouldn't be playing 7th anymore.

Ever.
>>
>>53841943
you could have said so many things to try and seem condescending about 40k tabletop. Yet you choose the part of the new edition that's completely ignorable and optional. Why...
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.