[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 547
Thread images: 62

File: BlackLegion.jpg (33KB, 250x458px) Image search: [Google]
BlackLegion.jpg
33KB, 250x458px
Really heretical edition

>Leaks:
https://mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
https://www.warhammer-community.com

>Latest GW FAQs:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder for you retards
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator
>>
File: Drukhari - 1580pts.jpg (688KB, 1800x2581px) Image search: [Google]
Drukhari - 1580pts.jpg
688KB, 1800x2581px
Hey guy i'm new to the hobby and am mainly in it for the painting, but i'm planning out my first list of Dark Eldar(i choose them for the cool space pirate look).
I would like some advice on the army so i know how far i'm of the mark.
>>
New topic:

How would you do alternating activations for 40k? Would you prefer it to phases?
>>
C+C on this 1000pt list I crapped out for a game tonight. 1000pt is weird so i just filled it with fusion and bodies. It seems okay.

Battalion Detachment 1000pts

Commander (1) - 160pts
1 Commander: 4 Fusion blasters

Longstrike (1) - 175pts
1 Longstrike: Railgun,Two gundrones with two pulse carbines

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits (6) - 224pts
1 XV25 Stealth Shas'vre: Fusion blaster,Multi-tracker, Beacon
1 XV25 Stealth Shas'ui: Fusion blaster
4 XV25 Stealth Shas'ui: Burst cannon

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (3) - 147pts
3 Crisis Shas'ui: 3 Flamers

Kroot Carnivores (17) - 102pts
17 Kroot: Kroot rifle

Strike Team (12) - 96pts
1 Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle,Photon grenades,Pulse pistol
11 Fire Warrior: Pulse rifle,Photon grenades

Strike Team (12) - 96pts
1 Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle,Photon grenades,Pulse pistol
11 Fire Warrior: Pulse rifle,Photon grenades
>>
>>53822550
yeah, but if you did a mixed chaos force with cultists and demons.
And then had one of your characters and one of your few CSM units be experimental/possess/mutated women.

Seems fluffy.
>>
Morale seems very unfluffy for something like the Necrons. I'm not sure why mostly dead robot skeletons get spooked because some faggots with flashlights made one of your bros take a brief nap.
>>
File: brimstone-horros[1].jpg (110KB, 800x439px) Image search: [Google]
brimstone-horros[1].jpg
110KB, 800x439px
The Fire Rises!
>>
>>53822583
I've thought about trying to use it in 40k. The issue with a system like that for 40k however is that armies can have such widely varying amounts of units in them that half of the time you still end up with one person with his dick in his hand waiting untill he has to roll saves.
So considering how much of a traditional part of 40k it has been it would not be worth the effort I think.
>>
>>53822583
No.
>>
>>53822613
You're right, it doesn't make sense but I'd rather them have that then get something stupid like phase out or whatever it was called.
>>
>>53822613
I see it as necron machinery malfunctioning, and causing them to advance in the wrong direction.

This is why you can get back necron warriors lost to morale: their reanimation protocols fixed things and they started advancing in the right direction.
>>
>>53822581
Archon is the weakest HQ and the court is kinda bad. Unless you particularly love those models your better off using Drazhar with you Incubi or a Succubus. Aside from that it's worth buying the special and heavy weapons for your kabalites.
>>
>>53822581
Seems fine if that's what you like, though DE are one of the hardest factions to paint
>>
>>53822613
I don't know why Skitarii get scared either when they're possessed and under the grip of complete religious ecstasy, and our Fulgurites lost fearless, but whatever, game balance. Your're all Ld10, Skits can buy ATSKNF for fuck all, we have ways to fix it.
>>
Tau are still top tier

Commanders are the new Riptides, but with far more mobility and the ability to deep strike anywhere
>>
Have we seen any leaks of the Imperial Armor Indices yet or is it only Games Workshop stuff that's leaked?
>>
>>53822581
It's looking fine.
Switch to using points.
The only real suggestions would be a venom instead of a raider for the HQ and his snakes.
Maybe add another melee unit. Or more warriors and raider stuff.
>>
Sell me on your main army: What do you like about them in terms of lore, gameplay and models?
>>
>>53822633
It's probably fine game-wise, just something that gave me pause.
>>
>>53822648
Cogitator failure from battle shock?
>>
>>53822613
They don't get spooked, but Phased Out.

Man was that funny when you could make Necron armies disappear by killing only a portion of them
>>
>>53822636
Because their leader isn't there to provide morale they assume phasing out (fluff wise they wouldn't literally run away) is the best course of action. For crons I wouldn't really say they flee for fear but phasing out a dying unit is what happens with them.
>>
File: Thousand Sons.png (252KB, 867x913px) Image search: [Google]
Thousand Sons.png
252KB, 867x913px
Hey, I need some suggestions for this list. Anything I should change? What should I add to make it 2k? Don't own the army so I'm not opposed to major changes.
>>
>>53822613
>What is Phase out
Newfag get out
>>
>>53822657
You like the Alien movies?
>>
>>53822674
tzaangors for screens
>>
>>53822664
Possibly, also makes sense a couple would catch random shrapnel and later aggravate wounds that weren't incapacitating then by continuing to fight, like how CIPD sufferers have a tendency to get themselves killed 'cause they don't know they've been hurt or how serious it is. Maybe it just caught up with them.
>>
File: FUCK_YOU4.gif (178KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK_YOU4.gif
178KB, 480x480px
>>53822633
>I'd rather them have that then get something stupid like phase out or whatever it was called.
>>
>>53822583
Not overly so, and I think they somewhat resolved it this edition. A lot of ranged weapons seem really weak, which means Alpha strikes are really toned down. The big problem was that someone would have half their army gone after the first turn with nothing to do about it.

Now you'll be missing chunks of units or wounds, but still get a chance to fight back.
>>
>>53822592
Less crisis more drones and pathfinders
>>
>>53822657
They're just really mad that someone ruined their naps.
>>
>>53822613
They're not getting spooked, they're just so stupid that they trip over their dead comrades and fall over. They need the overlords to tell them to step over stuff.
>>
>>53822698
>liking phase out

Why? I'd like to hear this.
>>
>>53822639
Yeah i really like the snakes so i'm quite committed to them. what kinda of weapons should i get for my kabalites?
>>
>>53822674
Ahriman and Magnus in the same army is a waste when you can cast anything but Smite only once anyway. Better to replace one of the two with either cheap sorcerers if you want the additional smite casts, or troops to cap objectives and keep the characters safe.
>>
Honor guards or veterans?

Flags worth taking?

Champions worth taking?
>>
>>53822674
I'd say you're desperately short on lascannons and other dedicated anti-big weaponry. Obviously magnus will break things, but you'll want more options than that.

Also, daemon princes want double talons, the sword isn't really worth its points.
>>
>>53822665

>Man was that funny when you could make Necron armies disappear by killing only a portion of them
You never even played against 3rd edition necrons.
>>
>>53822655
I don't like the look of the venoms, would it be a big weakens to get them in a raider?
>>
>>53822657
For Tau, I generally like the clean helmeted look of their infantry. I don't like painting skin, so being able to have enclosed helmets is nice.

Gameplay wise, I like how markerlights reward teamwork and models supporting eachother in such a direct way, which fits nicely with their lore of cooperation and coordination.

Lorewise, I generally like armies that are really varied and have a lot of facets working together. Being able to have Tau and auxillaries in tandem is nice.

I like Chaos marines for similar reasons with different warbands joining up for larger goals, bringing their own strengths to the table as they compete for power.
>>
>>53822717

Because it was a unique game mechanic that matched the fluff of their army?
What other reason would there be?
>>
>>53822724
Honour guards only come in units of 2 now, with a total of 4 wounds. Company veterans are up to 5.

Marine flags seem usefull if you spam marines.

Champions are like cheaper captains without the buff aura.
>>
>>53822724
>Honor guard or Vets
Both. 2 HG 5 vets and an HQ in a Razorback would be rad
>>
>>53822757
>Let's give this army a severe weakness just because it's fluffy!

Fuck off, man. It was a shit rule and no player ever fucking liked losing their models like that.
>>
>>53822693
NPC factions best factions. I can write some cool backstory for my Archmagos and his left and right hands, plus the Knights, but the Archmagos is the only one who takes the field frequently, aside from Magos Canaris his 2IC who just helps the artillery and legs it at the first opportunity, apart from the one time he soloed an entire Sternguard squad. And as Archmagos Xander can respawn, no loss there. My friend who plays Unending Host has the same idea, which is why our battles are just us sitting back and watching the carnage sipping whisky in between rolls. I feel like an ACTUAL Lord General.

Hell, Admech can just stick new fleshy bits on the augments of the Skitarii, they once used that to outgrind a small Hive Splinter Fleet.

I imagine 'Crons would be the dream NPC army, but I find their models and army concept a little too dull. No offence, 'Cron players, but you aren't exactly the world's greatest painting or converting challenge.
>>
>>53822735
I played against them in 4th edition and remember only having to kill the units of necron warriors to win.

Monoliths were unkillable but you could just ignore them, they would vanish anyway.
>>
> Fanbase: "We are tired of Marines"
> GW: "That's a strange of saying you want more Marines!"
> Fanbase: Buys anyway
Maybe If we actually stop buying then GW will stop making them. Complaining in /tg/ will solve nothing
>>
>>53822659
At least they all have LD 10 to represent being deathbots
>>
What commander should I buy for an Evil Sunz army?

I really want to buy the Ghazgull Thraka model and make Gorgutz or Grimskull desu
>>
>>53822652
No forgeworld, they are playing closer to the chest so probably won't see any leaks besides someone getting a copy a day or two earlier.
>>
Okay so kinda thinking of adding some Guard to my Genestealers?

I'm thinking Scions are pretty cool, could make some nice high placed brood brothers conversions and maybe fill some tactical niches Genestealer shooting doesn't cover.

Artillery seems an obvious niche. What's good there?

Plus maybe some weapons teams. Good fire support.

Anything interesting I could do?
>>
Has Guilliman met Dante yet? 1200 years as Chapter Master should give him some weight with even a Primarch.
>>
>>53822687
No.
>>
>>53822793

>I played against them in 4th edition and remember only having to kill the units of necron warriors to win.
You had to kill 75% of all units with the Necron special rule to win.

>Monoliths were unkillable but you could just ignore them, they would vanish anyway.
lol maybe if your army had almost no AT

>>53822774
>Fuck off, man. It was a shit rule and no player ever fucking liked losing their models like that.
It was not a shit rule, it actually was a balancing mechanic.
It prevented people from bringing 3 monoliths to a 1500 point game, and spamming special units too much.
Also, I played, and still play 3rd edition Necrons, and I like it.
As long as you have a balanced army composition, it almost only come into effect if you're already losing.
>>
>>53822842
As far as artillery goes, Mortar teams seem like the call. They're cheap and put out a lot of firepower in large numbers.
>>
>>53822802
> Fanbase: "We are tired of Marines"
>implying internet moaning represents the views of the entire playerbase
>>
File: e587a29fd8375ed8e1e7dfe208380712.jpg (126KB, 736x1084px) Image search: [Google]
e587a29fd8375ed8e1e7dfe208380712.jpg
126KB, 736x1084px
>>53822657
>lore
They're really cool guys, it's a big army of craftsman who tinker with weapons and armor and build their own wargear. Unlike most armies in the faction they stay involved with the civilian life on the planet they come from instead of hiding in their base all the time being shut-ins.

>gameplay
Flamers and meltas and CCW, oh my.

>models
Eh, they're marines, but they have one of the most pleasing color schemes for Marines.
>>
>>53822657
>lorewise
I like the idea of retarded pirates running around in scrap monstrosities that work just because they believe they do
>gameplaywise
I like random shooty stuff. Won't mean I'm just going to play Shokk Attack Guns and Bubble Chukkas, but I like having weapons that sometimes work and sometimes don't. Won't be playing extremely competitive stuff because I don't like playing hordes, so the fact that I can have just a few heavily armored models is good for me too.
>models
Idk what I particularly like about Flash Gitz, Meganobz, Mek Guns, Gorkanaut, the Wazbom Blastajet.. I seriously like everything because it kinda looks like shit.
>>
>>53822802
We aren't tired of marines, kill yourself
>>
>>53822859
Well fuck you and your shit taste
>>
>>53822802
But how else will I get my hands on Primaris marines? To use for Chaos Conversions?
>>
>>53822878

I'm not really tired of marines, though I do think they're releasing them faster than they can come up with decent ideas for models.

Very tired of Primarchs though.
>>
>>53822802
People have been bitching for truescale marines for fucking ever retard
>>
>>53822749
No, raider works as well. It's just an option.
>>
>>53822426
Ahhh. Okay, that's pretty easy to fix. Will do so once I'm back to work.
>>
>>53822802
If they were tired of them they wouldn't sell. Fact is, marines sell and are the fan favorite, so they'll always get priority in terms of model releases. You and I may not like that but it's the truth.
>>
>>53822902
Cry about it bitch
>>
File: Thousand Sons.png (277KB, 872x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Thousand Sons.png
277KB, 872x1009px
Ok, how does this look? Realized I needed another troop choice for a Battalion Detachment.
>>
Hokay, so. Playing against Blood Angels soon, at 100 power. We both narratively know that we're facing the other, as we're fighting for the fate of a planet. Which of these looks better?

+ Battalion +
Overlord: 7
10 Immortals: 8
20 Warriors: 12
Triarch Stalker: 8
2 Destroyers: 6
2 Destroyers: 6

+ Spearhead +
Cryptek: 6
Annihilation Barge: 7
Annihilation Barge: 7
Doomsday Ark: 10
Canoptek Spyder: 4

OR

+ Battalion +
Cryptek: 6
Doomsday Ark: 10

+ Flyer Wing +
Doom Scythe: 10
>>
>>53822866
I am honestly shocked by how many people of the local 40k community seem to be jumping to get their hands on primarines. I thought they were all old cynical fucks that hated everything new. They made fun of the Stormraven and almost nobody bought that. They made fun of Centurions and nobody bought that. But now they even love those retarded looking Inceptors ! What the fuck is wrong with those people ?
>>
File: usa.jpg (116KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
usa.jpg
116KB, 576x768px
Is GW our guy?
>>
>>53822934
Well that's nice of them, I guess.
>>
>9 acro-flagellants and a priest kill 8 MEQ a turn on charge, without the priests attacks at all (won't do shit anyway).
3D3 attacks is pretty stupid, but at 15 points per model with only a t3 w2 5++...they require a transport to do anything.
It's around 250 points to put them all in a rhino.
>>
>>53822902
> "I do think they're releasing them faster than they can come up with decent ideas for models"
> Try to guess what year this is from without the context[spoilerI]You can't[/spoiler]
>>
>>53822921
>using warpflamer on termis

Why tho. When you deepstrike you won't hit with it. Use the rotor cannon, its cheaper and better IMO.

Also

>using icon of flame

Don't, its garbage. Not sure why you need 3 HQs too, you can cut one.
>>
>>53822631
"Overloading" the system with extreme MSU would be problem, yes. ("I activate an 8-point acolyte, hurrdurr"). Thinking of ways to counter it, other than "whoever has more units must activate 2 units per activation until the difference is eliminated" or so.

What I'm currently doing is:

>Action Tokens: Move, shoot, defend.
>If its your turn, you can: Move twice, move and shoot, or move and defend. Can spend a strategy point to follow up with a second unit doing an action.
>If the enemy attempts to attack a unit of yours, you may "interrupt" with: Move, Shoot, or Defend.

Basically, acting=2 actions, reacting=1 action. Some factions can get "follow up" actions for free conditionally.

After all actions are resolved, check which units are close to each other and resolve assaults. Units that didn't fire in the turn may use assault weapons this phase ("firefighting/cqc") in lieu of melee weapons.
>>
>>53822932
Different people like different things, more at 11.
>>
>>53822790
>I imagine 'Crons would be the dream NPC army

Nah that's Orks. Endless customization and characterization, and you're practically unlimited in your choice of fluff since almost anything can be made to fit Orks.
>>
>>53822954
Isn't this just new XCOM rules?
>>
>>53822639
Huh? Archon is great. Why do you think it's the weakest?
>>
>>53822953
What are you taling about, Icon of Flame is the best out of the Icons in 8th edition. It's a Mortal Wound on a 6, almost like another aspiring sorcerer for only 10 points.
>>
>>53822583
What about something like the lotr game where i move then you move i shoot you shoot and so on
>>
>>53822953

Yeah I played against a thousand sons player today, and honestly besides that he could maybe have done with a meaty assault unit to counter my assaults, his biggest problem was an unnecessary second disc sorcerer acting as a point sink when he didn't have enough powers going around to make much use of it.

If he kept Ahriman but swapped out the vanilla exalted for a Helbrute or something that'd have worked out better for him.
>>
>>53822631
I like the concept tag-alongs. Or that certain characters might be subpar fighters / buffers, but good "strategists"

>example if you activate a character X amount of units within Y" can also mirror the characters choices for free.

Guard would be a good example. Lots of units, but if a Commander Moves, 2 units within say 12" can also activitate for free.
>>
File: thousand sons.png (152KB, 796x790px) Image search: [Google]
thousand sons.png
152KB, 796x790px
>>53822953
>>53822921
>>53823003

Something like this seems good.
>>
>>53822996
>you get one roll per turn, if its a 6 you do a mortal wound to a random enemy

Wow its hot garbage.
>>
>>53822904
I'm happy I can make captain silas of the exorcists and not have a shitty model
>>
>>53822982
New xcom is still igougo but yeah I copied it.

That system was "move twice, move and shoot, move and overwatch (on the fence over whether to add that as an option), or move-and defend".

The system didn't let you choose overwatch targets, or do "reaction defend" or "reaction move" (which could be anything from a counter-charge, counter-ram/counter-tankshock") or so.
>>
File: IMG_2714.jpg (188KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2714.jpg
188KB, 600x620px
Repostan because last thread died too quick.

>Imperial Knight and Retainers: 2,000 pts
>LOW
Knight-warden: fist
Knight-warden
>HQ
2 Lord commissars with swords
>ELITES
2 scion commands (4 dudes, volley guns)
6 ratlings
>TROOPS
2 lmaoscript squads (40 dudes)
3 squads of either Skitarii or scions (10 dudes each)
3 Kataphron destroyers with grav and sweet sweet phosphor

My only other thought (aside from how to model all this) is that maybe swapping the kataphrons for 3 7-man rough rider squads may be kinda cool, though not as competitive.

And on a (cooler) note, here's a few ideas I have for modeling and painting:
>freeguild gunners/archers for the conscipts, maybe using the coolass Skitarii rifle instead of regular guns (if possible)
>do the Knights a crimson and cream color scheme, it's very visually satisfying.
And anything people could suggest for good, thematic units or models that'd fit with what I'm going for
>>
Are Thunderfire cannons any good? I feel like my force could use a bit more ranged firepower, but most tanks and artillery seem really expensive.
>>
What about a Tomb WOrld of Necrons that is so autistically mad about not being able to die that they refuse to kill anyone else because then they'd get to die and it's just not fair?
>>
When were Knights introduced? I stopped playing halfway around 4th edition.

They seem like such a terrible concept. In a game based around infantry, monsters and vehicles you are often rewarded for running a balanced list.

Except Knights railroad you to a single really boring way of playing that is very binary. I don't get it.
>>
Does the Drew Carry warriors box really only have 1 of each special/heavy weapon? How am I supposed to may Trueborn?
>>
>>53823095
Knights are easy for new players to do well with, look cool, and sell well.
>>
>>53822718
Blasters and Dark Lances is standard. Blasters and Splinter Cannons are okay too. Skip shredders.
>>
>>53823095

People like giant mech suits.
It would be a better idea if all other armies had similar super heavies.
>>
>>53823095
In 7th. They were already moving in that direction with Wraithknights, Riptides, and Gork/Morkanauts.

Giant centerpiece robots sell well, so they decided to let people field entire armies of them
>>
If I wanna grab a unit of 10 Khorne Berzerkers why would I not grab 2 units of 5 instead? Seems better
>>
would it be fluffy for a genestealer cult to have a few Lictors around.

I want to take Old one eye with my behemoid cult army but i want him in a sperate detatchment so i can still use cult ambush. so was thinking him and 3 lictors as a vanguard detatchment.
>>
>>53822845
Presumably during the rescue of the Blood Angels legion on Baal.
>>
>>53823095
Tbh they're pretty damn fun in 8th, the only really imbalanced thing (and this is a problem in general) is they're virtually guaranteed to go first, which suuuuuuckks. But if you don't play 1 roll to rule them all, it's pretty damn fun.

They're nowhere near the stupid binary roflstomp or deleted by turn 3 like they used to be, I've only played a few games against them but it's damn fun. You have to play smart though, cause a competent opponent just zaps all your serious anti-Knight guns T1/2 and leaves you unable to fight back.

I only saw a little of Duncan's match, but it looked like that's pretty much what happened.
>>
>>53823133
Larger squads can be buffed by powers easier, though it's irrelevant if you only use character buffs, so you do you.
>>
>>53823147
That's not a fair match since those two have been playing together for like 15 years. Add ontop they both did some silly shit like raiders charging knights or knights using their sword and claw to kill 1 model instead of titanic feet.
>>
>>53822842
Manticores and Basilisks are both very good. Manticores are a bit better per shot, but only have 4 shots. Down to preference I think. Wyvern is also excellent but is specialized for troop killing. That said the meta seems horde centric, so they're a good option.
>>
>>53823147
Chris brought a pretty shitty army. I'm not sure he had a single dark lance in the list.
>>
>>53823171
They were playing for spectacle anyway.

Duncan won, though his Knight exploded after rolling a 6. He could have just rerollred it with his last CP to stay the winner.
>>
>>53823115
Bits. You can also easily convert a shedder + blaster pistol into a blaster.
>>
>>53823189
Er, no, the knight was already dead. That's why they rolled to see if it exploded.
>>
>Aceface has 10 riptides
WEW LAD
>>
>>53823221
He drew because of the explosion, not because he lost the knight.
>>
>>53823221
They wanted it to explode. But yeah it was a really fun 40k match to watch. Granted if Chris brought 3 ravagers with dark lances things would be different.
>>
File: laughinganna.gif (1MB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
laughinganna.gif
1MB, 245x250px
Post yfw the local bandwagoner still tries to field multiple riptides
>>
>>53823232
>Could field a FULL riptide wing
>+1
damn
>>
Which guard superheavy tank has the best main gun?
>>
What should my next army be?
>>
>>53823269
Primaris
>>
>>53823269
What armies do you have now?
>>
That horrible feeling when you are just a few points short of your themed list...
>>
>>53823269
Meme it up!>>53822619
>>
>>53823256
You'll still lose cuz its good even after nerfs.
>>
File: Pronbanana.png (237KB, 860x840px) Image search: [Google]
Pronbanana.png
237KB, 860x840px
>>53823256
>>
>>53823265
Hell hammer.
>>
>>53823279
Deathwatch just. Looking for new flavours.
>>
Tau Commander with 3 plasmas and 1 fusion? Seems like it would be good, but 4 plasma might just be better
>>
File: IMG_1485.jpg (98KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1485.jpg
98KB, 777x728px
>>53823256
>mfw a dude at my store is selling me his whole windrider-themed eldar army at like 60% regular price
>mfw he's starting tyranids

He shares he's not a waacfag though, he's just had a "change of taste"
>>
>>53822992
Weakest buff. CC character that buffs non-combat troops. Succubus gets a great combat buff that also works on herself and works extremely well with the Archite Glaive. Plus she has the extremely powerful no escape ability. Archon just has shadowfield, which I basically consider a wash with the 4++. Drazhar on the other hand makes the scariest DE cc unit even scarier.
>>
>>53823309
I would start a Xeno race incase you want to introduce someone new to the hobby, you could have a cool themed mini battle. Tau/Eldar, or if you want more swarmy Orks/Nids
>>
So are lascannons the only good weapon for SM's now?
>>
>>53822583
I think maybe a better way to do it would be to have each player complete a phase, then move on to the next phase. So the second player has the advantage in the movement phase, because they can see where the enemy is, but then the first player has it better in shooting and assault because they get to go first (not sure how to handle order of fighting, now that initiative has gone; possibly just alternating activation like now).

It seems rather odd to me that GW went with both players alternating activations for the fight phase, but for nothing else.
>>
>Ghostkeels with -2 to hit

The new Tau cancer?
>>
>>53823344
No.
>>
>>53823344
Grav cannons are still fucking good.
>>
>>53823321
>change of taste
s u r e
>>
>>53822749
If you're not throwing someone else in there you're wasting half the transport capacity, and having a lot of people to shoot from the raider is the entire point of the model.
>>
>>53823343
Huh, Eldar. Any cool 8th edition lists I could make for them?
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122549572535?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

You know you want to start that chapter
>>
>>53823354
>Most necron vehicles are only 4+ save.

Grav cannot defeat the might of the necrons.
>>
>>53823344
Only against large multi wound models like vehicles.

A lascannon still only kills a single marine, which isn't gonna save you if there are 60 more coming at you
>>
>>53822813
>someone getting a copy a day or two earlier
So, now then?
>>
>>53823356
No kidding, right?

I mean for Christ's sake, the dude is a nice guy irl, but is the hugest power gamer on the fucking planet. But it's cool with me, tourneyfag do their thing while I get a new army though cleaning off his shit Sam hain or whatever paint job is gonna be a biiitttchhh
>>
File: 1459992973633.jpg (445KB, 380x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1459992973633.jpg
445KB, 380x5000px
>>53823377
Only their fetishes can defeat the Necrons.
>>
>>53823373
Kek, put them up for $50 and someone might buy them to use as corpses for bases.
>>
File: tfcwip2.jpg (259KB, 700x473px) Image search: [Google]
tfcwip2.jpg
259KB, 700x473px
Are Thunderfire Cannons good?

Also the Techmarine isn't slaved to the gun right? He can just walk away after the deployment phase and go fight like normal?
>>
File: BlackLegionColourScheme2.jpg (24KB, 250x378px) Image search: [Google]
BlackLegionColourScheme2.jpg
24KB, 250x378px
>>53822657
Unlike almost every other Chaos faction they actually have their heads on straight, paying homage to all the gods but at the same time keeping their focus firmly on the Long War. And they actually have a merit-based acceptance scheme, so they're the most Your Dudes of any of the Legions. Literally anything can be in a warband and it all makes sense fluffwise,
>>
File: WeaponChart_Heavy.png (51KB, 855x247px) Image search: [Google]
WeaponChart_Heavy.png
51KB, 855x247px
>>53823344
No. Grav, Lascannons, and Missile Launchers all have their place. Heavy Bolters are also pretty solid when you consider cost and Plasma Cannons are good if you can provide them with a character re-roll so they can safely supercharge. Multi-Meltas are similar to Grab, but probably a little worse overall.
>>
>>53823373
Put those back in the trash where they belong.
>>
>>53823418
Literally nothing with a character keyword has to stick to a unit. Not even guard characters.
>>
File: Blood Angels - 2000pts.jpg (985KB, 1800x2729px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Angels - 2000pts.jpg
985KB, 1800x2729px
Well, I'm taking the Blood Angels to the store Saturday for day one shenanigans. Everything is WYSISYG except for the company champion of my former command squad who is standing in as the sarge of the vets (RIP my command squad). Am I going to get roflstomped or what? Also, how much of this has to start on the table? I can't figure out whether squads in transports count together as one or two units now.
>>
How are Space Elves in 8th, /tg/? Still OP? Any major nerfs or buffs?
>>
>>53822871

> Prepping the bull.

No thanks Tyrone.
>>
>>53823422
Shame about the really old models.
>>
>>53823373
Lord knows I don't need more marines, but other things I'd be interested in. Are you willing to sell any scavenged:
>marine vehicles (razorbacks especially)
>Admech stuff, seems like fun
>a knight or two
>deldar/harlequins/eldar
>chaos stuff, especially khorne
>>
>>53823084
this literally sounds like something out of a necron codex desu
>>
What's the most fun army?
>>
File: 1495578077928.jpg (95KB, 800x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1495578077928.jpg
95KB, 800x1059px
>>53823484
Depends on your preferred playstyle, guy
>>
>>53823484
Whichever one you like the most.
>>
>>53823265
Depends on the target. Shadowsword is the best vs. vehicles, Stormlord is the best vs. infantry. Hellhammer is the best generalist, but trails the other two against their preferred target.
>>
>>53823265
shadowsword
>>
This might be the wrong place, but does anyone have a link to 40k novels?
>>
>>53823513
Check the links under "Rules and such" in the OP.
>>
>>53823488
I enjoy playing DVA, but prefer team fortress 2 to overwatch generally. Does that help?
>>
File: what.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>53822924
Points?
>>
>>53823442
Craftworld got nerfed quite a bit and on their own are probably one of the weakest armies in the game. The other three flavors of elves are very good however. DE are one of the most improved armies in the game.
>>
File: firedrakes_enl.jpg (351KB, 1000x671px) Image search: [Google]
firedrakes_enl.jpg
351KB, 1000x671px
>>53823448
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>53823525
I must have missed them. I'll check again.
>>
>>53823484
What do you enjoy the most
>>
>>53823418
He can, but the Thunderfire can only shoot if he's next to it
>>
>>53823397
I love it. My orks suddenly acquired a large number of Tau loot.

I just fluffed it as one of the Lost Expansion cargo ships crashing onto their planet.
>>
>>53823442
all the OP things got huge point increases, stat nerfs, or both.
jetbikes are now ~30ppm, but its only 2 points for a cannon, and 5 points for a laser.
they also got 2 wounds, a 4+ save, and are fast attack

wraithknights are now 502 points base, lost D (cause D is gone) but got assault 2 dcannons

all the vehicles got huge increases in points (Falcons are ~190 base, fireprisms and night spinners are ~165 base, wave serpents are ~140 base)

most of the infantry got points increases (everything but guardians, who stayed the same, I believe. Dire avengers are now inexplicably 17ppm)

but all this goes to make them *more balanced* as most of their stuff was undercosted before.

People are calling them one of the worst armies this edition. I have no idea if that is true, as I won 2/3 games I played, and only barely lost the 3rd.
>>
>>53823535
no
>>
File: thunderfire cannon.png (761KB, 607x817px) Image search: [Google]
thunderfire cannon.png
761KB, 607x817px
>>53823418
>>53823435
Technically the marine doesn't have to stick around, but the cannon is basically killed if he gets more than 6 inches away.
>>
>>53823135
Yeah, sure. Lictors are 'vanguard organisms' meant to be deployed to weaken enemy defences ahead of the main hive fleet attack, so they are likely to be the very first tyranids to show up when the genestealer cult calls for them.

Alternatively, fluff them as a weird form of genestealer hybrid from infecting some alien creature. Or a selectively bred aberration.
>>
>>53823535
Then Orks
>>
>>53823587
Hmm. Alright, seems legit. I do like that weird boyz basically get guaranteed teleporting. and other orky things.
>>
>>53823394
Whoops, so yeah any day now.
>>
>>53823484
Imperial Guard

>Horde army that would make Orks stare in disbelief.
>Stormtroopers that can compete with Space Marines.
>FW air units that can compete with Eldar.
>Literally the poster boy for a mechanized army.
>>
>>53823448
Wut
>>
>>53823572
With the new shooting phase that Techmarine can shoot his plasma cutter, bolt pistol and flamer all in the same turn right?

Then he can also shoot that bolt pistol in melee combat can't he? Does that take up an attack or is bolt pistol + 3 melee attacks?

Plus that Thunderfire Cannon with it's 4D3 shots.
I feel bad for any units that want to take on that techmarine.
>>
>>53823645
>Stormtroopers that can compete with Space Marines.

You what?
>>
>>53823653
Shoot with either pistols or all other types of ranged weapons. read the fucking rules
>>
File: 1430777548837.png (2MB, 1137x837px) Image search: [Google]
1430777548837.png
2MB, 1137x837px
>>53822657
I just really like to hit things with an axe.
>>
File: goliath.jpg (50KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
goliath.jpg
50KB, 600x620px
If I were going to have my guard army be a lot of Vets in Taurox's, what would be a good way to have Commanders tag along so I can still give them orders? There's not enough seats in the transport unless I go for Chimeras.
>>
>>53823653

You can fire all weapons with Pistol, or all weapons that are not Pistol, but not both. You can fire the plasma and the flamer at the same time, but the bolt pistol would have to be fired separately, or when in melee.
>>
>>53823665
BS 3+ and special weapons all day on a cheapish body.
>>
>>53823670
>>53823681
Why would you ever use the bolt pistol outside of melee then?
>>
>>53823684
Ah, I thought you meant lore-wise.
>>
>>53822657
I get to shoot a lot and then I get to burn what's left.
>>
>>53823653
Pistol shots "in melee" are done in the shooting phase. You don't get extra shots.
>>
>>53823484
Whatever army you find the most fun to play.
>>
>>53823696
>melee
looks like you got it
>>
>>53823665
I'm talking about their rules, not the lore. Stormtroopers are arguably a better choice than a tac squad.
>>
>>53823696
You wouldn't. It's for use in melee
>>
>>53823696
You wouldn't. Some models only have pistols though.
>>
File: Tyranidreeeeeeee.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranidreeeeeeee.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>>53822702
>weak alphastrikes
>storm bolters now have 4 shots apiece at deep strike range
>can charge after using any rapidfire weapon
>deep striking doesn't count as moving (could someone check that? I'm not sure about this one), so you can fire heavy weapons unimpeded
>can charge after deepstriking
>don't need to charge the unit you shot at, so you don't have to purposefully gimp your charge range
>can decide what turn to come in, no longer need to roll for it
>most CC units now move significantly faster, and usually can be boosted in one way or another (Hormagaunts and onslaught, chaos warpspeed, ork boyz and "da jump", etc...)
>many of the different deployement options are now 18" apart instead of 24", so that means more turn 1 charges and more shortranged firepower
Alphastrikes are still strong as ever, mate. Maybe even stronger than 7th, if I dare say, since CC in turn one is possible, and CC is alot more powerful than in 7th.

My nids are coming for all of you.
>>
File: 1477800194582.jpg (209KB, 1063x741px) Image search: [Google]
1477800194582.jpg
209KB, 1063x741px
>>53822556
I think Chaos is a horrible Antagonist and the entire setting would profit greatly if it took a backseat to other dangers.
>>
Quick, what is the maximum amount of lascannons you can cram into a 1k point, 1.5k point, and 2k point list of LSM, CSM, and IG or (AM if you roll that way).
>>
>>53823696
Fluff reasons? Maybe he's saving his special weapons for a single hated foe and he has vowed never to fire them until he meets his ancient foe once more on the battlefield.
>>
>>53823736
Deep striking does count as moving.
>>
>>53823737
Fuck you, here's some more spess mehreens.
>>
>>53823736
They count as having moved. Pg. 177 "Reinforcements".
>>
>>53823736
>My nids are coming for all of you
Early warning system says hi. Enjoy never getting to melee.
>>
>>53823737
I agree, Xenos are all much more compelling parts of 40k and the lore suffers everytime Chaos tries to take a center role. Leave Chaos in the HH era.
>>
>>53823736
I'm not specifically talking deep-strikes with that. Long-ranged firepower in general is toned down.

But specifically for deep-strikes, you're limited in how much of your army can be in reserve, so immediately any deep-strike force is limited in how much they can shove in your opponent's face at once.

On top of that, things are generally getting fewer attacks on the charge, and light infantry are getting better armor saves against most things.

It's less likely that you'll kill 90% of their army turn one
>>
>>53823773
And even if he does get into melee just fly away and shoot him again.
>>
>>53823757
>>53823768

Ah thanks for clearing that up, I was just reading the rules for "teleportation strike" which mentioned nothing about counting as moving, which I thought seemed a bit weird.
>>
>>53823786
>Implying there will be anything left to fly away after my Swarmlord, Carnifexes, Warriors, Genestealers and Trygons hit your line
>implying I won't be controlling half the board and the objective's with huge gaunt swarms obscured by Venomthrope's so that your Fire Warriors are only hitting them on 5's
>>
>>53823830
>Implying I won't be spamming Commanders with missile pods
>>
How is damage allocated in this new edition. I know when you wound you allocate the damage to models and excess damage is lost. But how do you pick? Lets say you have a unit with two wounds on each model. Your opponent just made 4 wounds, do you have to kill two of your models or can you spread out the wounds so now 4 models have 1 wound each. Next if there is a d3 damage and your opponent gets 3, 2, 1, 1 as the results. Can you place 1 damage on a model then place the 3 damage on that model killing it but wasting 2 damage? If you get to allocate damage you place 1+3, 2, and then 1 killing 2 models and wounding 1 one model. If you opponent can allocate wounds he would kill 3 models.
>>
2 days, boys.
>>
Anyone got that Primaris template GW put out but without the gaps in the lines? I keep forgetting to download it.
>>
>>53823830
Friendly reminder that an I-autowin-because-my-faction's-great attitude was unbecoming coming from eldar and tau players last edition, and it's unbecoming now. I know you're excited after how bad nids had it for so long, but do you really want your faction to become as hated as those two?
>>
>>53823841
You can spread out the wounds in any way you like, but only as single hits. 4 hits of 1 wound can be spread out, but 1 hit of 4 damage has to go on 1 model.
>>
File: IMG_0354.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0354.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Scored a bunch of cheap mutant rabble off of ebay

What do you guys think of em?

Also anyone think they will be good in 8th edition once forge workd releases their renegades and heretics rules?
>>
>>53823841
Roll to wound
Player rolls to save
Roll for damage on unsaved wounds
Player chooses on model until its dead, repeat until all wounds are resolved.

You cannot spread wounds as you have to keep placing wounds on models that have already been damaged until they die but you can choose which model is damaged.
>>
>>53823841
Damage is resolved in order. You can't fast roll damage; it has to be applied in the order that it was rolled.
>>
>>53823645
Enlighten me on the Imperial Guard. Do I have to conscript spam to stay competitive or can I take squads of Scions/Mech Infantry competently?
>>
File: 1496408132397.jpg (31KB, 613x593px) Image search: [Google]
1496408132397.jpg
31KB, 613x593px
>>53823876
>that kroot head with lipstick
>>
>>53823898
you can spam tauroxes too with deep striking storm troopers.
>>
>>53823841
You allocate wounds to already damaged models untill it dies. There is no more spreading around wounds and have a whole unit with 1 of their many wounds remaining.
>>
>>53823841
You can pick anyone to take the damage
>i.e. you fire bolters into my bullgryns, and get 1 wound through. Even if he's not closest, I choose bullgryn Steve to take the wound
However, when you allocate damage to a guy, he remains the dude allocated wounds
>you then shoot a lascannon and it wounds, so now Steve automatically takes the wounds.
>fuck you steve

You can pick whoever, but it stays on him until death
>>
>>53823906
Seeing as I am getting a new army soon, what should I buy?
>>
File: zog me.jpg (5KB, 97x126px) Image search: [Google]
zog me.jpg
5KB, 97x126px
>>53823899
>that ork with lipstick and unpainted hair
>>
>>53823701

Well to be fair, a schola progenium graduate should damn well be the equal of a marine in skill.

Gene mods mean more strength, toughness and reactions. Only the marines who've earned a bunch of long service studs should be pushing outside humanity's finest in when it comes to skill though.
>>
>>53823884
>>53823908
He's asking whether who gets to decide the order in which damage gets applied.

1 + 2 + 1 -> one and a half dead primaris marines
2 + 1 + 1 -> two dead primaris marines

The answer being >>53823908.
>>
>>53823914
the start collecting box is good. just buy as many as you need for 2k points. done
>>
>>53823861
>Friendly reminder that an I-autowin-because-my-faction's-great attitude was unbecoming coming from eldar and tau players last edition, and it's unbecoming now. I know you're excited after how bad nids had it for so long, but do you really want your faction to become as hated as those two?
No, I don't.
Sorry, man, I'm just happy I can field my bugs without knowing ahead of time that I won't be tabled by turn 3 just because I play nids. I actually, in all honesty, hope that nids aren't top tier; I'd much rather be some middle tier army than the next bangwagon army for WAACfags at my store. People enjoy playing against my nids bacause they make great antagonists for their armies to beat up, and I'm just happy that I finally stand a chance of giving them a good fight.
>>
>>53823925
Thats really it? So Militarum Tempestus are viable now?
>>
>>53822657
Guard and Inquisition.

To put Guard in first person shooter terms, they are W+Mouse 1.

Inquisition are space detectives and get to be sassy fags about everything.
>>
>>53823941
Yup. But you might want to wait and see if they FAQ the point cost of the Taurox Prime.
>>
>>53823840
Is master of war once per battle or once per battle per commander?
>>
>>53823951
What's the best weapons for the Taurox Prime?
>>
>>53823924
meant to point at >>53823895
>>
Which chaos demon units aligned to nurgle can summon daemons?
>>
>>53823841
Lets say 1 model has 7 wounds and he is part of a retinue; a unit of 3 models with 1 wound each. The opponent deals 8 wounds to that unit, and one of those wounds is from a D3 weapon. If he chooses to kill off his model with 7 wounds, the D3 wounds are not carried over to other models. This is the only way an opponent can "waste" wounds.
>>
>>53823941
Taurox Prime are severly undercosted. And Scions themselves are a very efficient special weapons platform. You can make a scary army just by spamming those models due to the points. Be warned though, they're so obvious it's likely to see the nerf bat in the end of year points adjustments.
>>
>>53823981
Sorry I meant to say 3 of the 8 wounds dealt are from the D3 weapon.
>>
>>53823970
Any that has the Character keyword.
>>
>>53823970
Great Unclean one.

Epidimus.

Herald.

Daemon Prince of Nurgle.
>>
>>53823981
>>53823992
So it's just strictly better to do your d3 damage rolls first to avoid wasting anything?
>>
>>53824001
>>53824000

Thank you!
>>
>>53823964
Depends on your playstyle. Close up dakka: gatling, long range: ML

Do you want to rush in or sit back and blast away at 48"?
>>
>>53823964
Gatling. But autocannons+missiles is good too.
>>
File: .jpg (645KB, 2048x956px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
645KB, 2048x956px
Played on 750 as CSMvsIG and they are so fucking strong. I killed only 1 conscript squad fron chimere and this chimere. Later we will play on 1k pts, so whats will be good list?
Thinking about some tanks and raptors/talons
>>
>>53823956
I believe it's once per battle.
>>
Considering trying to get into this game inb4 "don't" after years of floating vaguely around the fluff and vidya. Looking to start off with a good shooty army, so I'm deliberating between AdMech, Tau and possibly 'crons or Eldar. Can I get a run down on how each of them play out on the tabletop, how strong/cheesy they currently are, how fun they are, and how much each one is likely to murder my wallet?
>>
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Oliensis

Oliensis is a Daemon World in the Eye of Terror. Devoted to Slaanesh, the entire planet is actually a colossal, morbidly obese man curled into a fetal position. The surface is home to Slaaneshi Daemons and is a base for Noise Marines.
>>
>>53823781
It's the Chaos for Chaos' sake that's the issue. There's nothing wrong when Ahriman sets off on a mission or even the random Black Crusade. But the random demon encounters, random skulls for khorne and farts for nurgle is what ruins it.
>>
>>53824011
Doesn't matter much unless the whole unit is multi wound models, since your opponent can allocate wounds as he sees fit anyway. If there is one multiwound model and a bunch of one wound models in the same unit, guess who gets to eat that lascannon shot that rolled a whopping 6 damage ...
>>
>>53824018
>>53824024
How many SC boxes should I buy to be sufficient?
>>
>>53824031
If you want dakka blobs nids can give you all that and more my friend.
>>
>>53822808
Ghazgkull on a bike sounds nice
>>
>>53824031
Go for the starter box maybe? Good value there.

Primaris and Death Guard can be quite shooty if you want too.
>>
>>53824031
Power levels in the new edition are a bit wonky, since everything is so fresh. Crons seem rather strong, as do Eldar, but mainly if you go for Ynnari. Otherwise, they're all pretty middle of the road.

As far as playstyle, Ad Mech focus a lot on footslogging, with big long-range artillery walkers and general buffs that let them switch between shooting and melee.

Tau focus either on mobility or gunlines depending on how you build them. Combined arms with a mix of infantry, drones vehicles, and battlesuits works well for them.

Necrons are all about durability. While their firepower is good, their focus is more on staying alive to consistently wear things down with it.

Eldar are all about mobility, but have shorter range shooting compared to Tau. While long range units exist for them, that isn't the focus. They're good at rapidly advancing and then unloading in closer range.
>>
>>53823673
Use command squads they are only 4 models. 2 Commanders and 2 command squads can fit in 1 Taurox.
>>
>>53824031
Go with AdMech.

+Their Start Collecting box has massive savings
+They're not Tau so you won't be hated by virtue of not being Tau
+They're not Eldar so you won't be hated by virtue of not being Eldar
+They're wonderful models with neat details and they're all pretty new compared to other armies' models
+Very nice and strong shooting
+Really cool fluff and have (lore-wise) been in the game since it's founding
-They're not Marines so you won't get things too often
-They're very detailed models, so they'll be a pain for newer painters
>>
Looking to build an admech army. What units should I be utilizing?
>>
>>53824031
Admech is fun and with fires of Cyraxis coming soon tm you can get some bat shit insane murderbots just like the cybernetica would have wanted
>>
>>53823673
Have some of the taurox carry command squads or some other unit which is less than 10 models and have the officers ride with them?
>>
Dude I just realized

7 Primarchs = 7 deadly sins

>mortarion: gluttony.
>Fulgrim: lust.
>alpharius: pride.
>Angron: wrath.
>perty: envy.
>Magnus: sloth- in Catholic Church, sloth actually refers to caring for nothing (daddy's rules maybe?) but personal goals. Familiar?
>Lorgar: greed. He wanted worship, at any cost

Am I retarded and never saw it or is this pretty clever? Or am I just seeing something that's not there?
>>
>>53824094
But they can't get Shotguns
>>
>>53824105
Onagers with Neutron Laser and two HStubbers
Vanguard with 3 Plasma Calivers and Omnispex
Dominus with Eradication Ray and Macrostubber

All you need, my friend.
>>
>>53824129
How the hell is Alpharius pride anyway?

Fulgrim could take half of them anyway.
>>
>>53824129
What about Curze and Horus?
>>
>>53824131
Yeah but it's a good way to fill out the transport and they are still veterans technically.
>>
>>53824129
Horus was more of a pride guy.
Lorgar being greed also seems a little far fetched. He just doen't know what to do with himself unless he has something to worship.
>>
>>53824132
How many of each unit my friend?
>>
>>53824105
>onagers
>destroyers
>kastellans are badass if you're smart
>vanguard
>ELECTRORAVERS
>>
>>53824170
Fuck gonna make a list before I buy the units so how much should I be spending?
>>
>>53824159
>>53824124
Hmm...I suppose I could stick them in a separate transport to have them follow along that way. I'm just having trouble figuring out how my force should really move up or get where it needs to.
>>
>>53824027
You are transported into that room. What do?
>>
>>53824194
Buy the kits one at a time and complete one before you buy another.
advice I wish I could have given myself a long time ago
>>
>>53824194
A Dragoon and a SC Box makes a decent 500 point list.
>>
>>53824222
If I was going for 1500 what do?
>>
>>53824200
What do you mean? They are in transports. If you're worried about range get some artillery.
>>
>>53824211
Probably tell Magnus that I know he didn't do anything wrong and it's probably better if he goes home.
>>
>>53824211
>Impying you can even begin moving before everybody in the room annihilates you before thoroughly desecrating your corpse.
>>
>>53824194
Spending in points or burgerbucks?

2k is standard game size, and you'll be spending a few hundred dollars to make a good list.

If you don't want a knight, I've found this works great:
>dominus
>2 units of gravaphrons, though arc Breachers are really good too.
>4 7-man vanguard squads with omnispex and 2 Plasma calivers
>2 Infiltrator squads
>10 fulgurites
>2 neutron/Icarus onagers
>2 beep boops with a datasmith

I've yet to experiment with them, but I'm excited to see if shooty sydonians are worth it. I don't think so, but they're neat.
>>
>>53824027
who's the floaty guy?
>>
>>53824228
Well, I'd planned on having a few teams in transports, but I don't think I'll be able to fit enough in the list for as many infantry squads as I wanted. Plus I'd planned on getting some Heavy weapons teams with heavy bolters.

I'm pretty new to guard, so I'm not used to how they operate.
>>
>>53824259
Captured possesed Blood Angel
>>
>>53824256
I'm willing to spend about £250, so quite a bit of burgercredits.
>>
>>53824259
The Red Angel, not Angron the other one Meros
>>
>>53824256
Melee Dragoon>Shooty Dragoons
>>
>>53824259
The red angel, a blood angel killed and possessed by a khornate daemon. I don't remember the exact end, but iirc sanguinius fucking murders the daemon for killing one of his boys.

The marine was good btw, just sacrificed himself to save other BA and was possessed as a result. Sad!
>>
>>53824259
The Red Angel. It was suppose to be turned Sanguinius but that didn't turn out as Erebus planned it out.

Serves him right. Fucking manupilative snek ...
>>
>>53824027
>are we the bad guys?
>>
File: image.jpg (328KB, 1483x1294px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
328KB, 1483x1294px
So this is just bad unit design, right?

Without a melee profile for without fists (used to be S6 AP2) and with -all- weapons getting to shoot twice in protector mode instead of just the shoulder gun getting to go twice, there's no sane reason to ever take it out of Protector mode.

And if you go the other way and equip fists, (and a phosphor because it's cheaper and you won't be using your gun) you'll want to crank it into conqueror mode and advance in a beeline towards the foe.

The only way Aegis protocol would ever come up is if for some inane reason you didn't take a Datasmith, or had him alpha-striked away somehow.
>>
File: 1490125223565.jpg (99KB, 723x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490125223565.jpg
99KB, 723x1024px
>>53823737
Chaos is fine. The Imperium wouldn't have that cool medieval-catholics-in-space thing going on if there weren't any space pagans/cathars/jews to burn at the stake.

Chaos cultists are awesome. Great aesthetic, cool theme, lots of interesting stuff going on.

Daemons are pretty cool. Some of the most original shit in the warhammer setting is the tzeentch and nurgle daemon stuff. Even khorne has a few cool things and while monster fetish girls aren't exactly original, they are undeniably fun.

Daemon engines are an absolutely awesome idea and the more recent models for them look pretty great.

What fucking sucks is chaos space marines. Take the most generic, dull-as-dishwater, childish-power-fantasy part of the imperium, remove any remaining element of gravitas and style, replacing it with a godawful heavy-metal aesthetic and wanky edgelord attitude. The best thing you can say about them is at least they aren't space wolves.
>>
Anyone know the stats for a whirlwind in 8th?
>>
>>53824273
>>53824277
>>53824290
>>53824296
Thanks. Awesome piece of art.
>>
>>53824307
Apologies for possibly restarting this general's current favourite argument, but surely with aegis you cause mortal wounds on attacking units on a 5+?
>>
File: whirlwind.png (570KB, 532x738px) Image search: [Google]
whirlwind.png
570KB, 532x738px
>>53824323
here you go buddy :)
>>
>>53824307
I'd argue Aegis mode would still be useful for situations when you're advancing into range to charge, or if you're too far off to shoot and just need to hold a point and avoid ranged firepower.
>>
>>53824274
You can buy two start collecting, another box of vanguard, two boxes of Sicarians and either a squad of kataphrons or two boxes (10) Electropriests.

From there you only need whichever you didn't choose, another squad of kataphrons, and the kastellans. That's about 120£ more, but it's pretty good.

Before we continue, what forgeworld are you thinking of doing?
>>
>>53824307
Aegis is a good standard protocol for a developing situation, since you can't move in protector it's only really good for when the ranged battle is established / you're defending a position, and conquerer is obviously for melee.
>>
>>53824344

Yeah, but you want double damage output more than you want a small boost to durability.
>>
>>53824370
Well, I really like Stygies 8 so probably that.
>>
>>53824366

>Aegis good when you're trying to get into battle

Yeah, but your Datasmith is slower than his robots and there's a small chance to fail to change programs. Better to start trying to change before they outrun him.
>>
>>53824371

Assuming you can deploy in a decent position, the only reason to turn protector back off is because you've ran out of targets.
>>
>>53824027
Can I get some context behind this picture?
>>
>>53824406
Its before assault on Terra
>>
>>53824393
Remember, your Datasmith only has a Gamma pistol, which won't be in range the first two turns anyway, so he can keep up with the robots by advancing while they pepper some phospher shots at the enemy (if they are melee).
If you've gone for the ranged loadout, you don't need to worry about speed. You aren't moving anyway.
>>
>>53824405
That's the idea yeah, you want your castelan to be an immobile weapons platform or a punch machine? Aegis can be used when they need to get into position for either.
>>
>>53824410
Does Chaos mutate people that fast? Jesus fuck, I didn't think the Heresy was that long
>>
>>53824393
Except for the fact that you can't move while using Protector. 8" also isn't that fast. The Datasmith could easily keep up by advancing, and only needs to be within 6"
>>
File: 1495945499023.jpg (13KB, 268x190px) Image search: [Google]
1495945499023.jpg
13KB, 268x190px
>>53824039
Holy shit that's... awesome?
>>
>>53824027

>Primarchs aren't much, barely even noticably taller than the marines

Much better depiction than usual.
>>
File: IMG_4158.png (597KB, 850x706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4158.png
597KB, 850x706px
>>53824390
Yeah, my Xenarite brother!
>>
>>53824406
To show the most boring aspect of 40k
Marines in this particular case Chaos space marines.
>>
>>53824416
it was 1 years. And its old version. In new canon, Fulgrim become snake-daemon prince at this moment, Ahriman didnt get his helm and their anor was still red
>>
>>53824416
The Horus Heresy was 7-8 years long.
>>
>>53824421
I agree, they should be slightly taller than Custodians maybe. But not fucking giants. I thought Magnus was a one-off because daemon primarch, then Rowboat came out...
>>
>>53824129
Except there's ten chaos primarchs and half of those don't fit very well. Gluttony doesn't seem at all like Mortarion, Alpharius doesn't have much to do with pride (although maybe Horus would fit, as would Fulgrim and Magnus), Greed for worship seems like a real stretch, even going by your obscure definition, sloth isn't a great match for Magnus.
>>
>>53824416
The heresy lasted seven years and by the Siege of Terra every god specific legion was already turned into 40k chaos marines.
>>
>>53824443
>>
>>53824422
Awesome man
>>
File: WP_20170615_003.jpg (1MB, 1728x3072px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170615_003.jpg
1MB, 1728x3072px
Was going through some old shit, found a khorne berzerker I painted when I was 5. I forgot these fucking poses, holy shit.
>>
Lads, lads, all jokes aside

Who is the manliest faction?
>>
>>53824453
>Gluttony doesn't seem at all like Mortarion
Glutton for punishment.
>>
>>53824469
ballet-zerker
>>
>>53824416
That pic isn't even remotely accurate anymore according to BL's novel series about HH. If we would assume BL is canon for a moment then :

Fulgrim should already be a 4 armed snek
The Thousand Sons should still be red and white
Ahriman should not have his Black Staff already
That weird creature next to Fulgrim already died in the novels if I remeber correctly.
The Tech-priest should be a little more chaos-y.
Also not sure if Lorgar should be there when he was bussy fucking shit up in Ultramar not that long ago.
>>
>>53824469
Ah the old "one Red Ink pot per model" painting style. An aged and respected style seen only in small circles these days.
>>
>>53824415

Except in the previous edition an all-gun robot was still pretty okay in combat because of monstrous creature smash, and the shoot buff was only for one of it's guns. You had situations where changing programming would be important.

Oh and they aren't relentless anymore, so enjoy shooting at reduced BS as well as half the attacks if you move.

On the plus side, an extra 2 inches is a huge buff to melee viability.
>>
>>53824481
I don't know how the guy doing the original sculpt could have thought they were going to be interpreted as anything else.
>>
>>53824482
> weird creature next to Fulgrim already died in the novels if I remeber correctly.
Its daemon, he cant just die
>>
>>53824482
>If we would assume BL is canon for a moment then
Or you could just not do that ever and spare yourself the embarrassment. BL is terrible.
>>
>>53824472
Imperial Guard.
>>
>>53824510
I enjoy it till Mechanicus.

Then HH books had been absolute trash. When Ravenor books look good by comparison you know your books are shit.
>>
>>53824509
>Its daemon, he cant just die
First off it is a she, or used to be a she, second she (or it ?) is merely an ascended mortal or possessed or something.
>>
File: 1495492561338.jpg (822KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495492561338.jpg
822KB, 1024x768px
>>53824472
>>
>>53824472
Pure Sisters of Battle army
Any other faction you will be touching men and/or Xenos.

That is pretty gay and unmanly.
>>
>>53823853
try asking in wip
>>
How realistic is a tactic to completely surround transports with a horde unit so the passengers cannot disembark because they'd be auto-slain?
>>
>>53824449
Gillyman is in a giant suit of life-support armour. He's practically a dreadnought. Also I think he was designed with the Primaris Marines scale in mind so it shouldn't look as drastic in the future.

The Daemon Primarchs are all going to be fuckhuge, even the ones who aren't Magnus, because daemonprincehood makes you swole.
>>
>>53824542
kek
>>
>>53823861
why are ork players the best people to game with? and why is your post the reason?
>>
>>53824129
Mortarion: Gluttony
Fulgrim: Pride
Alpharius-Omegon: Sloth
Angron: Wrath
Perturabo: Envy
Lorgar: Lust
Magnus: Greed
>>
>>53824532

I think that's the native Cadian bitch who became a princess for introducing Lorgar to chaos rituals.

And then the emperor didn't give a shit that Lorgar had shanked his parole officer.
>>
File: .jpg (163KB, 749x595px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
163KB, 749x595px
Any competetive csm list? Expecting some IG with mortar and conscript spam
>>
So how does one play pure daemons now? Mine just get shot to bits before reaching the enemy.

People are saying greater daemons are shit now?
That I should take heralds, swarms of lesser daemons and daemon princes?
>>
>>53824039
>Be Noise Marine
>Patrolling the wastes
>Accidentally fall into the Planet Asscrack
>>
>>53824194
get a starter kit, build it, and paint it, once you got that done congrats you have antotally playable army, then you can grab more vanguard/rangers or a dragoon or another starter or some other admech etc, add units one at a time
>>
>>53824285
>melee Dragons
Really? Fucking how? S8 is nice, but no AP and 3 attacks (even with extra on a 6) is lame af.

>>53824307
Aegis is good for advancing and generally being tanky as hell (6W at T7 with a 2+/4++ AND datasmith healing is virtually unkillable), and conquerer lets you knock out pretty much anything short of a knight in one turn. (And even then, 8 damage is pretty nice)

Shooting is nice but the guns aren't super duper great at stuff for their cost imo. If I need marine mulching, I'll call the Sicarians.
>>
>>53824535
I remember this thread holy shit
>>
File: oQJVpma.gif (2MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
oQJVpma.gif
2MB, 400x226px
>>53824566

>mortar spam is OP

what a world we live in
>>
>>53824553
If you're really generous with the interpretation, the dudes surrounding the vehicle could be poised to immediately strike anything that comes out/all aiming at the hatch.
>>
>>53824553
Depends, are you playing Tyranids? Hormagaunts can do it really well.
>>
>>53824566
MSU assault with zerkers in rhinos
>>
A new kit for the chaos undivided marines would be nice. Especially in the wake of the godawful new plague marines.
>>
>>53824390
Cool, that's an easy one. So buy this, and make sure to do it an LGS for discounts:

>2 SC: admech
>vanguard box
>2 Sicarian boxes
>1 Electropriest box
>couple cans of primer
>PAINTS! (and brushes)

You've picked a badass and fairly simple scheme, so just figure out the 4-5 basic colors and do them.

Don't but all the extreme detail paints and brushes first of all, just focus on bases, layers and washes and then work your way up to advanced stuff.
>>
>>53824588

>Guns aren't great
>18 S6 AP-2 ignores cover shots per model easy to stack to reroll ones or just plain reroll
>Aren't great
>>
>>53824622
I actually really like the new plague marines and I'm glad I'm getting a bunch with the starter. Never was interested in them before.
>>
>>53824553
How many units does it take to surround a Rhino at 2" coherency?
>>
File: 1359481154022.jpg (157KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1359481154022.jpg
157KB, 500x400px
>>53824132
>mfw bought the SC Box of skitarii as a new player
>now hyped af till they get here
Why is electroraving and praying to cyberjesus so much fun?
>>
>>53824563
No, Lorgar had her and all the inhabitants of Cadia slain.
>>
>>53824646
One :^)
>>
>>53824646
most units of more than 10 models can
>>
>>53824606
Kroot can do it too. 48 points for 12 hounds.
>>
>>53824553
Depends on the horde and the transport. Many transports can just fly over enemy units, so they will need to bust it open in one turn for that tactic to work. Some hordes just aren't very good at dealing with vehicles (looking at you, conscripts) and will result in you tying your big unit down while the enemy brings a counter-assault force over to murder you. Sometimes they won't have enough move to wrap all the way around until their second pile-in, which gives a chance for the occupants to get out or the transport to back off. But in general, it's a pretty decent tactic. Anything that just fucking deletes units is powerful.
>>
File: DSC04015.jpg (231KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04015.jpg
231KB, 1600x1200px
Are scout marines good? I mean, they're the only choice other than normal tacticals and the primaris squad.

Should Scouts be taken as snipers or shotgunners? Or like a mix?
Is it worth giving them a landspeeder dedicated transport?
>>
File: IMG_2718.jpg (62KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2718.jpg
62KB, 449x642px
>>53824635
>D1
If i need to kill a blob of tacticals (and only 8 per turn with protector at that) or guardsmen, great. Literally anything other than 15 guardsmen, it's meh at best.

2 damage with protector on against standard Rhinos is crappy, especially for the almost 300 points. I loooooove the melee ones, but from games I've played leave shooting at home

>they're the anti-conscript we deserve, but not the one we need right now
>>
>>53824648
it really is by far the best SC box now
>>
>>53824685
don't mix weapons in squads
>>
>>53824686
>>53824635
Aaaaaaand just did the math, hell taking the same cost (270-ish points) of vanguard is better at killing GEQs. (18 to kastellans 15)

So yeah, not great.
>>
>>53824588
Check chart anon's calculations. They're better than sniper dragoons.

Also they look cooler.
>>
So anons, on a scale of OC DOUGHNUT STEEL to "Wrong Setting" how Uninteresting/Good/Bad is the idea behind my SPESS MARINE chapter.

It's basically as follows.

>Loyalist Iron Warriors that sided with the Imperium during the Horus Heresy, a garrison force on a tectonically active world that allowed them to try their hands at construction after each quake along with chasing off the occasional pirate raiders.

>Were located far enough away from their Legion that they were relatively safe from retribution when the call to join the rebellion came, a minor civil war breaking out between those who wanted join up with Pertrabo and those who were still loyal to the Emperor.

>By the time the loyalist side won, they were too small to be an effective fighting force and instead regulated themselves to finding other loyalist forces and assisting in raids, siege actions, and armor battles.

>By Heresy's end they managed to have enough surviving members, and proved their loyalty enough times, to be allowed to form a Chapter.

>They were given express permission to continue use of Pertrabo's Geneseed, albeit with harsh scrutiny, and then sent off with their remaining forces to fight for the Emperor.

>They managed to do this for all of a decade before getting marked as 'lost in the warp.' after never re-appearing from a jump.

>For them, the warp jump lasted an entire year while, back in real space, thousands of years passed.

>Approximately one hundred years before the current date of 40k, the emerge from the warp to find the ork world they'd gone out to liberate destroyed and replaced with a bustling, smog choked hive world.

>Needless to say, they were greatly confused and, after some quick research, more than a little horrified at how the entire galaxy has gone to shit.

>Still, they swore to serve the emperor and, if a bit morbidly, they know that the space marines are going to be needed for a long time, continuing to serve the imperium as best they can.
>>
Genestealer cults accomplish everything the Emperor wanted. No religion, super soldiers, transhumanism, immunity to chaos, society led by extremely powerful cabals of psykers.
>>
>>53824715
Part 2

Basically, its my excuse to run an all Mark III armor force with a lot of armor and Heresy era equipment.
>>
Arco-Flagellants do 2D3 attacks each? Do they get 3D3 attacks with a priest around?
>>
>>53824715
mary sue cringe
>>
>>53824654

>Lorgar had a daemon princess killed

Yeah how'd that work out for him.
>>
>>53824722
you don't need some gay backstory to use mark3 power armour

"why are your guys in mark3?"
"I like how it looks"
"cool"
>>
>>53824566
what's your tournament playing?

If it's power level just load up on Questor Traitoris because they're blatantly not balanced at all
>>
>>53824711
So shotguns or sniper rifles then?
Or boltguns.
>>
>>53824723
Yes.
>>
>>53824715
Sounds awful, any use of 'traitor genessed' is best left as hints and 'unknown primarch' rather than spelling it out, besides no chapter is given express permission to have traitor geneseed and if they have its left as a secret even to the chapter itself.
>>
>>53824715
>>53824722
Secret loyalist traitors lost in the warp for 10,000 years is about as bad as you can get as far as special snowflake chapters go.

Instead, I would say that they were merged with an Iron hands chapter after the heresy, formed into a larger one with Chimeric geneseed as a whole. Then, rather than being lost in the warp for that long, they simply had time wear them down as it did for most chapters.

Their extensive use of MK III and Heresy era gear can be due to their love of technology and close ties with the Ad Mech, allowing them to keep it maintained for their operations.
>>
>>53824715
If they weren't from a traitor legion, it's awesome by me. You've got one part of [loyalist sons] and another part of [lost in the warp], I'd say pick one. I like both parts but would say that lost in spaaaec is cooler

But whatever you do is up to you- they're called YOUR dudes for a reason. If you put down well-painted models on the table, they can be female Marines for all I care.
>>
File: 1432076221259.jpg (19KB, 171x168px) Image search: [Google]
1432076221259.jpg
19KB, 171x168px
>>53824715
>Loyalist Iron Warriors

I don't even need to read the rest
>>
>>53824724
So its the greatest of the Doughnut Steels?

>>53824737
There's gotta be some reason to justify it....although it may be easier to just go "They're an Armor/Siege focused marine chapter that figured that the heavier plating of the Mark III pattern is worth the trade-offs."
>>
Damn, I really should've stuck more carbines on my drones instead of MLs.
Maybe I'll just tape guns to the base and not play anyone superior spastic
>>
>>53824755
Cool.
God fucking damn it thou. Fucking Repentias are so useless.
>>
>>53824752
go with sniper rifles for camping back objectives and assassinating characters

boltguns for camping mid field objectives

chainsword/pistol for aggressively pushing midfield/backfield objectives
>>
>>53824715
What is it with Iron Warrior players that they always want to be the loyalists ? Like seriously, I know you have issues with being cucked by Imperial Fists constantly but come on, still trying to become just like them rather than embracing the dark side is just pathetic.
>>
>>53824711
it doesnt matter as much anymore because everyone has split fire, but yes in general dont mix weapons, follow eve online rules
>>
File: Jumpan Necronan.jpg (22KB, 385x392px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpan Necronan.jpg
22KB, 385x392px
Rate my Necron Dynasty:

The Phaeron really wants to fuck some round asses again and has set out in search of the most bodacious butts so he can deal with his robo-boner at any cost.
>>
>>53824713

>The same points in vanguard is better at killing GEQ

Yeah at half the range on T3 infantry Buddha.
>>
File: .jpg (314KB, 1800x1134px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
314KB, 1800x1134px
>>53824751
Im just playing with friend who had IG infantry army from 6 or 5ed. Maybe this will work?
>>
>>53824685
Yes, snipers, yes.

They are one of the better methods for killing characters, have really good range, which is essential for thinning out assault hordes and they are really good at running away if they have a speeder to jump into.
>>
>>53824674
Do they get bonuses to their pile-in and consolidate moves? That's what makes horms effective. They can wrap around a unit super easily with 6" and 6" instead of 3" and 3".
>>
It's a conflicting headspace; on one level they are the the best plague marines to be sculpted. On another, they are too busy, have inconsistencies in their armour, and become generic in their twistedness. Can you really imagine fielding a large army of them, without massive conversions (which by their very construct is prohibitive)? I'm glad you're excited, and I hope you have a lot of fun, but what I see are a large number of models that I would have to nearly destroy in order to trim down to a base level I could build on, incurring much greater time, expense and effort that is practical, justifiable or should be necessary, preventing me from just playing the damn game with folk. And those are just the base marines, not that silly axe guy, mongoloid wizard guy, or pointy headed zombie guy....s
>>
>>53824715
>loyalist Iron Warriors
Literally the worst thing.
>>
So the weekend after this one I'm testing out my Tau against a friend's Black Templar. Tri-las, two fucking land raiders, angry vanguard vets, hammernators and a few assault squads with buff HQs.

I don't field anything heavier than a single ghostkeel and no vehicles. I'm -fucked-
>>
>>53824715
Your idea is gayer than you, anon.
>>
>>53824769
Your chapter's local forge world provides only MkIII, maybe the mechanicus shuns the world and they are yet to receive or earn data for other marks of armor, maybe they lost it all in some catastrophic event or maybe your chapter views MkIII as tradition.
>>
>>53824711
As long as the ranges aren't super different there's no reason not to mix weapons anymore. 7th is dead, stop parroting outdated information.
>>
>>53824769
you can legit play your own chapter and say "they aren't well equipped so they make due with mark 3"

mark 3 doesn't have any advantages over mark 7

mark 4 doesn't have any advantages over mark 7

mark 6 doesn't have any advantages over mark 7

Mark 7/8 are the end all be all of mass produced ceramite armour (prior to mark 10)

Marines wear beaky helms if they don't have anything else to wear
>>
>>53824798
Oh, no but they have 12" movement and re-roll charges if the target lost a wound that turn.
>>
>>53824769
>There's gotta be some reason to justify it

No. Or at least not a more complicated reason than "The chapter prefers to use MK III because of its particular qualities."

>>53824785
Now this is OC doughnutsteel I can get behind !
>>
>>53824766
You realize every single traitor legion had a significant portion stay loyal, right?
>>
>>53824781
Agreed. I will be painting my dark imperium plague marines as IW who said fuck it and turned to nurgle because iron wasn't enough.
>>
>>53824804

What is this, like 2000 points and all you've got is hordes of fwarriors or something?
>>
>>53824811
Even with split firing being a thing, TACTICALLY it's still far stronger to have focused squads.

Mixed bolters and sniper rifles will perform poorly against targets you want to rapid fire boltguns at and they'll be garbage at sniping.

In real world applications everyone can split fire, and yet squads are assigned one role and equipped to deal with one role.

Yes you're trained for versatility, but you have one primary objective.
>>
>>53824758
So "unknown" instead of outright spelling?
That's Ok.

>>53824759
That sounds like a better option.
The ages and closeness to the Iron Hands causing them to lose their original hints.

>>53824765
Another option I was thinking about was a 3rd/4th Founding Imperial Fists chapter that ended up being stuck in the warp for all that time as I believe they had a bit of a Siege flair as well.
>>
>>53824816
12" move hordes at 4ppm sounds awesome actually.

Kroot standalone Codex when.
>>
>>53824786
So? Those guys can do something, stuck in place kastellans that don't even do much aren't worth it imo.

Hell, Sicarian pistols are only slightly worse (12.5 wounds to their 15 WITH PROTOCOLS on GEQs) and are a much more useful tool overall. So yeah, I don't think they're worthwhile, especially considering they absolutely need protocols to be worth it. Punchy boops ftw
>>
>>53824824
Portion yes, significant ... not really. Only significant enough for FW to sell overpriced traitor kits to loyalist players.
The most significant loyalist portion of the Traitor Legions was the dead one after Istvann III
>>
>>53824833
>The ages and closeness to the Iron Hands causing them to lose their original hints.

Pretty much. Even if there's any iconography left from the Iron Warriors segment of them, nobody alive in the chapter still knows it. They're on records of having Chimeric geneseed, but probably consider themselves to be most closely related to the Iron hands first and foremost. They probably suspect that their other half is Imperial Fists or Ultramarines or something.
>>
NEWS FLASH: Even with split firing rainbow devastator squads are still shit.

Taking a bunch of different weapons means you output shit damage at just about whatever you're firing at.
>>
>>53824833
The Fist thing sounds really good, go with that. You can pick a good color scheme, have similar background fluff, and be a little later in time.

There you go, not Mary Sue at all just an interesting chapter with a unique origin
>>
>>53824832
Well think about it this way. You can take 2 units of scouts, one with 5 bolters and one with 5 snipers. If your enemy needs to kill your snipers, he can target them out easily.

Or you can take two units of scouts, one with 3 bolters and 2 snipers and one with 2 bolters and 3 snipers. Now it's not so easy for your opponent to target out the ones he wants because you have a couple weapons in each unit that can be ablative wounds for the others, you still keep the same amount of firepower and can divide it exactly as if they were grouped up in same weapon squads.
>>
>>53824781
Big reason I was choosing Iron Warriors is because I'm playing an armor/siege focused one which, along with the Mark III armor, seemed to suit them better.

>>53824807
Well butter my butt and call me a faggot.

>>53824813
That could be another option as well.

And the 'advantages' are mostly from the Deathwatch RPG where there are differences in the Marks, with III being 'slower' but heavier armored in the front.

>>53824821
So I'm just overthinking things.
>>
>>53824862
Nobody should be suprised by this.

Just like nobody should be suprised if 90% of the time entire units are still gonna shoot at the same target. Because one dead unit is still preferable over a number of slightly reduced units.
>>
For 158 points would you field this unit?

10" movement, T7, W10

3+ save, 5++ invulnerable save, 5+ FNP

9" range 2d6, S6, AP-1, auto hitting and rerolling 1s to wound

3 S6 attacks hitting on 4+ with AP-2, doing D3 damage and rerolling 1s to wound

Also has fly rule
>>
>>53824824
you think perturabo wouldn't immediatly sperg out and kill all those he believes to be maybe not exactly 110% loyal to him?
>>
>>53824833
>stuck in the warp
Second worst reason. Just say they're a Fist sucessor who make use of MkIII armor. That's all you need to say.
>>
>>53824851

Punchy robots don't really seem worth it at all, as much as I'd love them to be. 6 attacks at WS4+ compares unfavourably to what a melee dreadnought could output for less points. I had two shooty guys in two games earlier today and they were the workhorse unit winning things for me through sustained bombardment. Don't think I could have tabled either of my opponents without them.
>>
File: tenor.gif (161KB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
161KB, 498x278px
>>53824785
I dig it.
>>
>>53824780
Would it be worth sticking them in a Land Speeder? Being able to move shotgunners around would be kind of neat. I wish you could move your transport then just disembark with the units inside counting as having already moved.

Having to disembark before movement when the vehicle they were in still gets to move after is really dumb. I'd rather just have my 18 inch land raider movement, disembark shoot shotguns and charge.

>>53824793
Oh so snipers with a dedicated transport? Shotgunners seem like they'd be more thematically fitting for a Salamanders army (which is what I'm running) but both seem cool.

Should I take a heavy bolter/missile launcher with my snipers or nah?
>>
>>53824897
The main situations I think split firing is good is when you have a single heavy weapon in a troop squad to combine fire with other heavy weapons nearby, or if you just want to finish off 1 or 2 models with a portion of your guns and focus the rest on an actual threat.
>>
>>53824785
Sounds perfect to me, anon. Glory be to the Ah-nakonda dynasty!
>>
Thank you to all who convinced me to do Adeptus Mechanicus as my next army. I appreciate it a lot.
>>
>>53824904
Well, agree to disagree then.

All mathhammer aside, experience on the table ultimately dictates what's good. I like and have used well punchy, you like and have used well shooty.

Can I ask what they did? Who were you fighting, what did they kill?
>>
>>53824831
Not really, but I field lots of stealthsuits, a few HQs, testing out the kroot, pathfinders and a ghostkeel.
>>
>>53824898
So a faster, more durable dreadnought with better heavy flamers, but slightly weaker close combat fists?

Yeah, that seems about right for 160
>>
>>53824861
That does sound better than the 'Secret Loyalists' thing which, again, was more a "How do I justify the Mark III" thing again.

>>53824866
I may go with that in the end.
The 'Secret Loyalist thing' is kinda overdone/used and was more for the armor.

If they're that early a founding then it could be justified as supplies still being short after the Heresy.

>>53824903
The question is WHY the Mark III is there in the first place.

It may be the supply issue/nearby forge world thing as has been mentioned.

I may simply tweak into that so they're a 3rd or 4th founding that's long lived but makes use of the Mark due to a long history of having it and it being the only pattern they have readily available.
>>
>>53824785
the fah'taszes
>>
>>53824974
What I did for my chapter to explain their extensive use of MK IV was just having them be history nerds who really liked relics, and who happened to have good ties with a forgeworld that could still make MK IV armor in limited quantities.
>>
File: 1471307824863.jpg (63KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1471307824863.jpg
63KB, 540x429px
Some meditations on grey knights

>PAGKs of all varieties actually have a role now that storm bolters are buffed and terminators aren't relentless anymore. Plain strike squads in rhinos are completely fine and will actually pull their weight.

>interceptors are cool because they have nearly identical shooting to sternguard while being nearly as good as jump pack vanguard veterans (with falchions) for about two points more a pop.

>also warp shunt basically means they can deep strike without taking a reserves slot.

>terminators are almost strictly for melee now and paladins are nearly a no brainer upgrade. A brotherhood or paladin ancient is nearly mandatory, that flag is unbelievably good now that its a 6" aura.

>rhinos and razorbacks are not only good by themselves but also because they count as units on the board for the purposes of reserves, allowing you to put more dudes in deep strike

>brotherhood champions in sword stance and with hammerhand wound anything in the game on at least a 4+ and wound T4 on a 2+ at AP-3 and D3 damage. They're sneakily good.

>Draigo is now a pretty decent buff bot while essentially having an at initiative thunder hammer with better rend.

>the true role of paladins is to be a big fat buff magnet as nearly every grey knight buff works best on them beyond everyone else.

>Dreadnoughts pay a really gay psyker tax, which turns out to not be super gay when you realize it allows them to be affected by gate of infinity and hammerhand.
>>
>>53824898
You could have just said Blight Drone.
>>
>>53824974
You do realize that Mark III armor is still in production, right?
>>
>>53825001
Yeah but I think its good and people have already decided its bad.
>>
>>53824862
It's mainly an issue with mismatched ranges though. Mixing Missile Launchers and Lascannons could work for example.
>>
>>53824898

Isn't that literally a dreadnought with an assault cannon that trades its fist and some range for 10" of movement, fly and another 2W?
>>
Why are marines so trash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IveznemTqXI

Got bully by an autistic guy and his qt trap.
>>
>>53824962

Stealthsuits could help with dropping in melta close to tanks
Something with EWO can help deter deepstrikers
Kroot and drones for screening
>>
>>53824785
This is excellent OC.
>>
>>53824994
That is pretty interesting.

I may stick to using the excuse of Mark III being better suited for Seige's due to the thickness, along with a relative lack of agility.

>>53825002
Is it?
I thought that it wasn't produced in large numbers due to knowledge being lost in addition to the Advent's of the Mark VII
>>
>>53824862

Except now the 6 meatshields can shoot something productive.
>>
>>53824997
Looking good for us. Lets hope it translates onto the table well. I still want to test out Voldus seeing as he isn't straight dogshit now.

Also, consider this...Gate of Infinity+ Land Raider.
>>
>>53824985
>>53824940
>>53824917
Plot twist: they're all gay
>>
>>53824997
>>Grey knights in rhinos
This has just never sat well with me. It just doesn't fit the way I imagine they would fight.
>>
Are these the best substitute sister models? I can't find anything better looking.
>>
>>53825059
Older armors aren't produced in large numbers, but there are still some forgeworlds that pump them out, if only because they don't have the designs for newer armors and can only make new ones, so they supply those to chapters instead.

All it takes is your chapter having good relations with such a forgeworld and preferring that style of armor for whatever reason.
>>
>>53825083
Pretty much. Only alternatives are Raging heroes (which are out of scale), or trying to do conversions with Sisters of Silence.
>>
>>53825064

Just remember that you're going to desperately need cover at all times.

Luckily you're either in a rhino, land raider, or in reserves about to reliably drop in cover.

Voldus is just a straight upgrade from a grand master now and is actually reasonably priced.

>gate of infinity + land raider

completely viable.

>>53825072

What about a rhino that drives into and out of the warp?

Honestly they've always had rhinos as long as they've had power armor models, not a big deal to me.
>>
>>53825088
Hmmmm, that simply may be it.

So update to "Siege Focused, 3rd/4th Founding Imperial Fists Chapter that are on good terms with the Mechanicus that make Mark III armors for them nearby".

Lot simpler to go by.
>>
File: .jpg (165KB, 1800x520px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
165KB, 1800x520px
R8
>>
>>53825109
Yep, that works much better. Easy enough to justify why they like the armor as well, since it's great for enclosed spaces like one would find in a trench or a bunker.
>>
>>53825122

dies to conscripts / 10
>>
Anyone ever played a Genestealer Cult that isn't trying to regain the Hivefleet? I rather like the idea of a cult group trying to build a legitimate empire within the Imperium because they believe that joining the cults hivemind is the next stage in human evolution.

Genestealers and aberrants replace space marines and ogryn in the supersoldier department, still has guardsmen and led by immortal super psykers.
>>
>>53825054
They would if I fielded crisis suits but I don't, honestly don't like them much.

I don't have that many drones so I'll need to rely on mostly kroot. Hoping it works.
>>
>>53825100
>conversions with Sisters of Silence.

I've looked everywhere and still can't find good examples of this.
>>
>>53825064

>Gate of Infinity+ Land Raider

This gets even gayer when you realize that the land raider ignores the move and shoot penalty for heavy weapons, so even when gated it gets to fire everything + pintle like a beast.
>>
>>53825132
Sounds good.

I already had a color scheme that I've done and came up with a name that will make a whole lot more sense now if I give them a bit of 'flair' for being willing to deploy atomics thanks to their natural physiology and power armor protecting them from a good chunk of heat and radiation.

Largely to justify the name of "Baleful Sons"
>>
>>53825140
Eh, feet and Gatling canning both kill 7 conscripts per phase, and they can fall back, shoot, then charge again. Not bad
>>
>>53825196

they'll each kill 21 points of conscripts per turn
>>
>>53825196

Conscripts hard counter knights my dude.
You could stand at point blank range and attack them all game and not kill them all.
Meanwhile they will kill 1 knight per turn on average at that range.
>>
>>53825180
Could always ally in a Deathstrike missile or some Ad Mech troops with their Radiation-based weapons if you want to add to that theme as well.

That sounds a lot cooler now though, and MK III armor would be perfect for post-atomic situations.
>>
>>53825106
Oh I know, it just feels off to me, personally. Like, in what scenario are they not just teleporting in? Its not like they establish an fob with a motor pool on a daemon world.

Actually, just curious. How are rhinos generally deployed to the field? Thunderhawk? Do space marines ever even create logistical stuictures and bases in active warzones that they weren't stationed to defend previously?
>>
>>53824960

Well, a sample size of two games is pretty low, I'll admit. I do need to try the punchy out, I have eight robots built up. Maybe I'll do that next week's gaming day.

I played against thousand sons first, then a guy doing admech with two marine librarians and a Vindicare.

My setup was a firebase of 3 Plasma Kataphrons and two robots with Dominus and Datasmith, 5 Ruststalkers and allied in 4 blood angels dreads. Basically an assortment of stuff I wanted to field test honestly.

The Kataphrons were focused down in both games, with one model living to shoot once in one game, none getting to shoot in the other.

Ruststalkers died quickly, didn't do much.

Dreads did pretty solid work, though took casualties and wounds doing it. I wasn't impressed by the librarian dread, though that might have been partially the limited power selection.

Robots: In the thousand sons game, they killed about 2 terminators first turn, then about three rubrics, then in the move that won me the game killed 9/10 warp flamer rubrics in one go. They then pestered another rubric unit before a dread and the only surviving Ruststalker charged them and spent a few battle rounds on them, at which point the only viable targets left were a rhino with one wound left and two Sorceror characters.

I had the Libby dread Melta the rhino then the robots needed to go back to aegis to get line of sight to attack Ahriman. End of game I had my tech priest characters, both robots and two wounded dreads on the board, opponent tabled.

Second game the robots helped deal with Katapron destroyers then breachers, did most of the work on the destroyers but only a little on the breachers. They then were my main unit for taking down his Rangers whilst dreads focused on vanguard and flushing out the Vindicare. They ended up having few other targets but his completely excessive number of characters by the end game. (2 dominuses, 2 librarians and a Vindicare) Won this game more decisively.
>>
>>53824766
>I don't even need to read the rest
Do you not understand that there are more LI then tratiors right?
Pic related why.

>>53824899
you are an idiot.
the IW dumped a tonne of faggots off in garrisons in the middle of nowhere because they have the highest recruitment rate of any marine legion. So much so they could afford to decimate his legion and build siege towers from his own dead.
Those garrisons where away from the years of attrition that the legion accrued, away from pert's bad humours and away from warrior lodges

>>53824860
nigga what you on about?
the IW were not there at the time
>>
File: Nice Artefact.jpg (99KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
Nice Artefact.jpg
99KB, 900x636px
The Ah'nakonda Dynasty thanks for that name Anon would be the machinations of The Syze King and his Tomb World ostensibly going around to try and relive the fleshy desires that he remembers so fondly as a human. You are lead to believe this means a bunch of Elder and SoB wankery, but in their first encounter with the Dark Angels, it becomes apparent that our Necrons are actually massive homosexuals. Finding absolute in perfection in the Dark Angels, they follow them around the galaxy helping beleaguered fights in the hopes that one day heresy and xenos love will triumph.

Rate me.
>>
>>53825196
You'd need to use Gatling cannon, the heavy flamer under the gatling cannon, a heavy stubber, any sort of carapace weapon, and charge in with stomps to have any hope of killing enough conscripts in a timely manner.
>>
>>53825266

Yep thunderhawk, of which grey knights even have a special variant of.

Honestly wouldn't even surprise me if they could teleport rhinos/land raiders too, at least one way.
>>
>>53825254
That I could, along with adding some whirlwinds that could, fluff wise, justify some of the rockets as some form of Rad-rocket, most likely the anti-infantry variant.
>>
>>53825301

Its not a bad idea now that whirlwinds are actually pretty decent.
>>
I just DLed all the books and short stories from the Night Lords omnibus as separate files, what order should I read them in?
>>
>>53825311
It's why I was originally going to take them, because this is a siege force.

I'll need to see if I can grab a turret to convert a spare rhino I have.
>>
File: 99590105065_ElysianMortarTeam02.jpg (22KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99590105065_ElysianMortarTeam02.jpg
22KB, 600x620px
Mortars being so good are giving me a reason to get some of my favorite Elysian models, I don't suppose any of you guys know which recaster is best for FW infantry?

Alpharius is obviously the best but he doesn't sell Elysians. :-(
>>
>>53825287
Neat. Yeah, some rhinos and land raiders covered in mini gellar field projectors and arcane tech would be rad.

Even better if such hypothetical gk tanks were anti grav. Ain't nobody need to drive on shit like >>53824039
>>
>>53825145

Sounds like you're going to get your shit pushed in
>>
Warpflamers on Rubric Marines with a Rhino
Y/N?
>>
File: 6288415894443er.jpg (38KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
6288415894443er.jpg
38KB, 448x336px
>win this auction for $60 (I know tiny ant image)
>2nd Ed SoB Immolator
>Defiler
>At least 3 or 4 oblits (suck now i know)
>dozens of tyranids, including lictors and shit
>dozens of orks and chaos marines
>god knows what else

3.8lb of 40k figures for $60...

Am I fooling myself that I got a good buy? I can use half that shit and wanted to start nids too.
>>
>>53823773
Except nid shooting phase is actually good now with exocrine and hive guard
>>
>>53825083
They cost around 30 without cost of delivery, for 5 models. Anyone who has ordered them say it took several months to get to them. Not worth it and no ones ever ordered more than like one step. >>53825161
It's not bad, you just use non SoS heads. mostly elf-heads or third party heads do well for that
>>
>>53825398
Very expensive and bound to be a target for focus fire.

I lean on no.
>>
>>53825398
Y. Hose em down.
>>
>>53825401
Gonna have to take better pictures for us to decide really, we don't know what you have.
>>
>>53825372

My head canon is actually the opposite: grey knight vehicles are inscribed with hexagrammic wards just like the knights themselves, including on their treads.

Therefore a grey knight tank will begin to cleanse a tainted area merely by driving around on it.
>>
File: 6598779894444er.jpg (25KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
6598779894444er.jpg
25KB, 448x336px
>>53825430
That's the picture I had to bid on. I took a leap of faith. They only provided a few close ups of which this is one.

>spent the week studying the image to determine what they were

It's from a charity website that sells dead people's shit. They were listed as "RPG" miniatures.
>>
>>53825431
>That one poor grey knight in a rhino who has to keep driving around a ruined city to purify the roads.
>Keeps running into abandoned cars, fuel tankers, and more in what is basically a perpetual traffic jam.
>>
File: Craftworlds - 2000pts.jpg (591KB, 1800x2455px) Image search: [Google]
Craftworlds - 2000pts.jpg
591KB, 1800x2455px
DAVU Falcons return!

I know this list is trash, I just wanna use my falcons again.
>>
>>53825466

>real life rhino running over cars.webm
>>
>>53825431
I kind of want an insane inquisition vehicle now that drives around on prayer wheels, burning thrice blessed iconography into the ground with each turn. This is about the first time I've genuinely wished they'd hit up sisters of battle again to make crazy church vehicles.
>>
>>53825478

So an exorcist will mole mortars.
>>
So power levels, has this replaced points values, or is there a conversion somewhere?
I heard something about points values, but I couldn't find rules for it.
>>
>>53825497

Point values in their entirety are at the end of each index, power levels are just for quick pick ups or casual games.
>>
>>53825497
Both exist.

Power Level is for a quick, "Pick up and Play" style while Points are in for a more accurate judgement and for tourneys.
>>
>>53825469
>>3 msu gunner transports, a jet,some bikers, and a tank at 2000 pts
Im not sure I've seen this flavor of space marine before, desu.
>>
>>53825497
Back of the book. All the points values for each index are there. Power levels are for new players or people who just want a quick game and don't wanna break out the calculator to calculate exact points values.
>>
Any idea how to build a decent Eldar list that could support anything to do with Wraith units this edition?
>>
>>53824898
What is it good at though? Bad at hordes, weaker than a dreadnought, what does it kill?

What, in essence, is it supposed to do?
>>
>>53825316
smallest to largest by file size
>>
>>53825497
They are two different systems. Power is meant for pickup games while points is tournament-oriented.
>>
>>53825496
Exorcists and penitent engines tied in my book for most 40k thing. Would enjoy seeing more like them.
>>
>>53824898
A nurgley heldrake?
>>
File: Eldar2k - 2000pts.jpg (717KB, 1800x2299px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar2k - 2000pts.jpg
717KB, 1800x2299px
>>53825556

Don't know if this has enough wraiths for you.
>>
>>53825597
>Rubric flamer costs almost as much as the guy
Don't know how to feel about that
>>
>>53825497
You can safely disregard power levels. No one will ever use them once the army builders are up to date.
>>
>>53825611

Flamers in general are probably a little overcosted
>>
File: IMG_3947.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3947.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Spent the evening basecoating my Tzaangors. If I want them to be colorful, would bright green swords be a good counterpoint to the blue and purple?
>>
>>53825597
Eldar players are unironically putting Guardians into their lists now. People actually WANT troops, instead of just feeling forced to take them as a tax.
Conscript meme aside, I think I'm love with 8th ed.
>>
is the falcon good for anything? Every time i look at it, it just seems to be 20-30 points more expensive than an equivalent wave serpent, but has a smaller cargo bay and doesn't have the serpent shield.
>>
>>53824561
What about Curze and Perty?
>>
File: fun.jpg (171KB, 889x889px) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
171KB, 889x889px
This is what I'm thinking of fielding to learn with. I can divide up patrols for smaller games, or run both for 1500. I suspect they'll wanna do 1500 at my FLGS.

This is for fun but I'd like to have a fighting chance. Opinions?

If I need another 500 points I have the Derp Stormtroopers posted a few days ago + inquisitor & chimera, demolisher, and hellhound.
>>
>>53825611
Use tzaangors, cultists, or horrors to bulk out the army while your Rhino full of Rubrics with flamers burns through a unit.
>>
>>53825645

Unfortunately it is not worth taking from a competitive point of view.
>>
>>53825637
Troops and infantry in general are really cheap across the board. Elites and heavier units really feel like they're supposed to be supplementing those basic units, rather than being a replacement on top of your tax
>>
>>53825637

Yeah I've had a lot of success with that army. 66 Catapult and 9 Shruiken Cannon shots when you get out of the boat is pretty nasty.
>>
>>53825597
I was thinking more wraithguard and such but this list actually seems pretty awesome. You don't mind if I copy it?
>>
>>53825637

Because people are realizing the only way they can deal with hordes without completely skewing their list with anti infantry heavy weapons is to have plenty of bolters/lasguns/catapults, which thankfully are on very cost effective (usually) platforms.
>>
>>53825732
I'm actually loving it, and Eldar are still a really solid force and didn't get nerfed into oblivion
>>
>>53825732

This is very true, my initial builds just couldn't deal with large amounts of infantry and were very low model count to boot. Fortunately guardians are a decent platform for shooting and can be multiplied pretty readily with an autarch and or doom.

>>53825711

Feel free, I've only dropped 1 game out of 8 with it.
>>
>>53825657

They need to drop falcons price by like 30 points or give it a Holo-Fields special rule that gives it a permanant -1 to enemy shooting attacks that stacks with vectored engines.
>>
>>53825653
With all the sisters and stormbolters on the terminators, the marines don't make sense. They aren anti-infantry and you have that.
You can take another unit of sniper scouts then maybe add heavy bolters or more lascannons to the predator.
>>
>>53825663
>>53825682
>>53825732
Good, that's how it always should've been. The core of an army should be the troops and a few characters to buff them up, and then you add some supplemental choices from the other categories to handle stuff that's too tough, fast, or deadly for the troops to reliably handle on their own.
Assuming the conscript thing turns out to be meme, or otherwise gets fixed, I think we have a really solid edition of 40k on our hands. Getting back to basics, as it were.
>>
>>53825783
I'm gonna replace the hemlocks with something else. Probably Fire Prisms.
>>
>>53825053
Do they show the trap?
>>
File: .jpg (381KB, 1800x1233px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
381KB, 1800x1233px
Rate my
>>
>>53825790
I'd love to but, anon, I don't have more sniper scouts.

I could drop the marines all together and take the storm troopers, demolisher, chimera, and some HWT's. Also could include IG snipers.

I just started on my loyalists. Tired of playing chaos since 2006 and wanted to use my slowly growing loyalists in new ed.

I could get another box of snipers for next time, as well.

I could dump sisters and marines until I have more units ready to use, go full AM+Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor...
>>
>>53825855
I love how cheap DPs are now
>>
>>53825791

I still think that some of the former anti infantry template and blast weapons need to scale more with target unit size.

Like flamers should get +1d6 hits if target unit contains more than 20 models or something.
>>
>>53825855
Unless I really fucked up when reading the index, you can't have more than 4 heavy/special weapons in a single Havoc squad.
>>
>>53822556
NEW THREAD:
>>53825881
>>53825881
>>53825881
>>
>>53825833

Night Spinners are also a nice choice.
>>
>>53825886
All LB should scale

Absurd that Battle cannons and Demolishers are so few shots
>>
Some math stuff I found interesting

You can get 3.25 normal (non conscript) guardsmen for each tactical marine. Firing at identical targets the guardsmen will outdamage the marine against nearly everything by a moderate amount, which doesn't really represent their fragility.

If instead we pit the 1 tactical marine against 3.25 guardsmen, we see a very interesting outcome.

The tactical marine will inflict more wounds on the 3 guardsmen than they will on him, per point, especially if both the marine and guardsmen are in cover.

However, the guardsmen will overtake the marine if they get FRFSRF (and they will beat the marine by about the same amount that the marine originally beat them by)

Also intercessors versus tacticals is a lot less of a shitfest than I thought it would be.

1 tactical squad will beat 1 intercessor squad pretty squarely.

But you can get 3 intercessor squads for the price of 2 heavy bolter + plasma gun tactical squads.

The intercessors will have 30 wounds and do about 5 unsaved wounds against MEQ

The tacticals will have 20 wounds and do about 6.36 unsaved wounds against MEQ

10 wounds versus 1.36 damage? That's a legitimate choice to make.

Also -1 AP makes a bigger difference than I would have thought when its on a rapid fire gun.
>>
>>53825513
>>53825521
>>53825530
Aha found it, thanks.

I've lost all sense of scale though - is there a rough guide for how much power level is equivalent to points? eg. 30 Power = 1000 Points, or something like that.

Ofc I've not played since early 5th ed, so my concept of how much 1k points is worth is probably out the window too haha
>>
>>53825894
Its true, so i must correct my list
>>
>>53825791
>>53825886
I like the idea of any weapon that rolls for shots getting an extra shot for every 10 models in the unit. +1 for 10-19, +2 for 20-29, etc.

Easy to keep track of, and it scales up really gradually without making things too swingy
>>
>>53822808
warboss on bike off forgeworld is really good. hopefully they release rules for him like in 7th
>>
>>53825652
I said Perty and Kurze is dead.
>>
remember when you could scatter a Leman Russ Battle tank round on top of the tank that fired it if you were unlucky enough to do so in a last ditch attempt to fuck up the melta bombers/MC about to penetrate your soft metal hull
>>
>>53826031
Remember when your friend quit playing the game for a few months because a deep-striking meltagun blew up his expensive tank on turn 1 that was 1/3 of his points, rendering the rest of the game totally one-sided?

Fuck 7e
>>
>>53823536
Why would I use points? They're more unbalanced than Power is right now, with how badly GW fucked them up.
>>
>>53826121
>power level is fine
please just stop with this meme, it's never going to catch on
>>
>>53826133
It's not fine, it's just better than points for now, so it's what we're using.
>>
>>53826140
>it's better because I have a block of cheese

Ok
>>
>>53826169
> Necrons are cheesy in power level games

Care to explain that one?
>>
>>53826140
Power level is too swingy. I've got some squads with no upgrades that would suck under PL because they're assumed to have bought a plasmagun or two, and I've got some squads that are loaded out with really expensive weapons that are probably overpowered because they're assumed to have something cheaper and more middling.

It'd be very easy to have that swing to one extreme or another.
>>
>>53826258
It is possible to break. Most if not all list-building systems are possible to break. My friend and I have been playing since 5th, and we trust each other to not break it - if nothing else, then because it'd involve building a whole lot of new minis we wouldn't get to use under non-Power games.
>>
>>53824532
No, you are the demons
>>
>>53826089
remember when you scattered an important unit of deep-striking non-flyers onto impassable terrain/off the map which meant you lost the game because you couldn't contest enough objectives
>>
File: kuuga_thumbs_up.jpg (89KB, 850x566px) Image search: [Google]
kuuga_thumbs_up.jpg
89KB, 850x566px
>>53822657
made an entire chapter fluffed around pic related and honestly seeing the different battlefield roles of my armies matching the different forms from the series just tickles me. that, and my most common opponent hates the type of show with a passion and watching him twitch when he loses makes me smile
>>
Is this too little primer?
>>
File: 20170615_211821.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_211821.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>53827046
forgot pic
Thread posts: 547
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.