[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 499
Thread images: 65

File: sp1.jpg (74KB, 343x640px) Image search: [Google]
sp1.jpg
74KB, 343x640px
Female primaris marines when?
https://www.themarysue.com/warhammer-40k-gender-representation/
>See, the lack of any real female representation in the game is a well known issue, but whenever someone tries to bring up that maybe the largest and most pervasive army in the setting should maybe stop being a No Girls Allowed club, everyone will immediately inform them that Space Marines can’t be girls. Trust me, I know. This has happened to me. Repeatedly.

>daily DANCun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAZfMwUZDZk [Embed]

>Previous:
>>53815819

>Leaks:
https://mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
https://www.warhammer-community.com

>Latest GW FAQs:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder for you retards
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator
>>
First for the Archons. Except Chris. He has demonstrated his incompetence for the last time.
>>
*cackles*
>>
File: TS 8ed.png (253KB, 987x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TS 8ed.png
253KB, 987x1080px
Just thinking about this since Undivided CSM got fucked, and i frankly haven't touched Psy stuff since 5ed

Thoughts?
>>
Armies that will use the Index rules till 10th?
>>
>warhammertv announcers think you can reroll shadowfield saves
>>
>>53820256
I can guess what the author of that marysue article looks like based on your quote alone
>>
>>53820256
The two lost legions were female, with grill primarchs. They will enter 40k when Cawl finishes his Primaris experiments with the traitor legion and lost legion gene-seed.
>>
>>53820300
Dark Eldar, Orks, and Tyranids.
>>
>>53820300
Dark Eldar
Sisters of Battle
Tyranids
Orks
Ad Mech
Your favorite non-space marine faction
>>
>>53820300
imperial agents
>>
Are Flash Gitz still shit in 8th?
>>
>>53820314
Knowing this timeline strong beautiful black female space marines is probably 100% true.

Fucking disgusting.
>>
What army will still be competitive enough in 10th while still using their index rules?
>>
>>53820283
Seems slow

Why Cultists and not Tzaangors? Get dat sweet ++5
>>
>>53820359

Orks, guard, nids
>>
>>53820359
None, because the power creep is going to be instant and steady.
>>
>>53820256
People who think 40k lacks female representation have never read even a single line of 40k fluff. All they ever did was walk into a GW store, notice that not at least half of the models sold had tits on them, and barged out in anger.

It's fucking hilarious.
>>
File: tyranids.png (278KB, 892x886px) Image search: [Google]
tyranids.png
278KB, 892x886px
r8
>>
>>53820386
Maybe if the humans armies in 40k had models from this century it would help a lot more to defuse that meme.
>>
>>53820364
Because i like the fluff of a warband that keeps whispering to the poor of Imperium worlds promises of a fairer life based on will and strength alone
But GW decide that anything from the Big 4 shouldn't be strong, so i came up with "models i think look cool" army
>>
Starting to dislike Duncan.

Sure he's got a nice voice and paints well and all but he's WAACfagging hard with conscript spam and knights.
>>
>>53820256
>AUTHOR’S NOTE: For the purposes of this article, unless otherwise stated, we are assuming that every model’s gender lines up with their sexual characteristics. Obviously, it’s possible that your entire Space Marines Chapter identifies as women, but since we can’t ask the models how they identify, we have to base it on what the model looks like, and how the background is written.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THEY ASSUMED MY CHAPTER'S GENDER
>>
>>53820256
>Female primaris marines when?
Never.
>the lack of any real female representation in the game is a well known issue
>issue
>Also what are Eldar, almost literally every other organization in the Imperium, and various chaos
>maybe the largest
>largest
>what are nids or chaos
>and most pervasive army
>what are nids or chaos
>setting should maybe stop being a No Girls Allowed club
There is literally no good reason for it to do so.
>everyone will immediately inform them that Space Marines can’t be girls.
Because that is correct.
>Trust me, I know.
Apparently fucking not, you twat.
>>
so im thinking that snipers will be pretty useful now and am wondering the best way to run them in guard

ratlings
veterans with sniper rifles
command squad with sniper rifles

ratlings seem the most sensible but im wondering how viable the other options are as i hate those fuzzy little midgets
>>
>>53820386
>People who think 40k lacks female representation have never read even a single line of 40k fluff. All they ever did was walk into a GW store, notice that not at least half of the models sold had tits on them, and barged out in anger.

Well, it's not like female models are really sold much by GW. The female-only army is special order only these days, not in stores.
>>
>>53820417
Not at all, then they would be complaining that the models were overly sexualized or something.
>>
>>53820340
Probably more usable than they've ever been. The -2 Ap is pretty sweet and loading them up with ammo runts means you essentially get 7e twin linked. Plus the chance to shoot twice could be amusing if it happens.

Still probably too pricey for what they bring though
>>
>>53820443
Check the mathhammer doc, but I think ratlings are the most point efficient sniper in the game.
>>
>>53820339
This is generally the consensus. It still should have some clarification, but otherwise I'd say this is safe to go by.

Oddly people have said this does apply to plasma guns, in that -1 to hit causes overheat on 1/2 says "roll" vs result.
>>
>>53820446
good, shitsters of basshole are garbage
>>
>>53820446
>it's not like female models are really sold much by GW
aside from the entire DE range, sure
>>
File: 1444401157192.jpg (88KB, 311x800px) Image search: [Google]
1444401157192.jpg
88KB, 311x800px
>>53820256
SPACE MARINES NEED TO BE AS DIVERSE AS TAU!
>>
How is dreadmob this edition? Thinking 10 killa kanz 3 or 4 dreads 2 gorkanauts one morkanaut and an allied traitor knight.
>>
>>53820495
? Wyches, and their associated HQ, Brides, and what else?

Versus every other HQ, warriors, trueborn, incubi, beastmasters, reavers, helions, and probably all the pilots in the ships.
>>
If there was greater gender representation, how would it affect you?

You're not a big space bug yet many collect them.

You're not a woman, would it kill you to also collect them?
>>
>>53820443
I'd say Command Squad is the second to Ratlings since they have no limit to specials unlike normal Veterans. I was thinking of using Catachan snipers to stand in for Ratlings.
>>
>>53820526
I indulge my male power fantasies with this game, so my space marines will remain a boys only club.
>>
File: Malinax_Knight-Styrix.jpg (422KB, 907x879px) Image search: [Google]
Malinax_Knight-Styrix.jpg
422KB, 907x879px
>>53820386
Well, Guard have females, Tyranids are matriarchal in a weird kind of way with Norn Queens, Admech are 50/50 but you can barely tell they're human, let alone a particular type of one, same with 'Crons, Tau, etcetera. Knights, Titans, Navy and such all even. As far as I can tell it's only Marines, and personally I don't really think Marines are people rather than weapons at that point.

My Knights worked out as mostly female because Malinax have a thing for scorpions and the scorpion deities in history are mostly female - Serquet, Ishara, etcetera.
>>
>>53820454
People would complain about that regardless.
You can't win the "sexism" with this people.

Then again their main issue is that marines are boy club only. That is absolutely unacceptable.
Hell even the Boy Scout of America got shit for that, made a rather huge shit about it and now it was sexist or some shit. When a boy asked to join the Girl Scouts they told him to fuck off.

The entire issue boils down to: Men can't have nice things only girls can.
>>
>>53820545
Cool, collect that way.

Now how is that incompatible with making half the models on a space marine sprue female?
>>
>taking that bait
>again
Damn it all.
>>
>>53820526
Women are inferior. That's why they can't into into war games or space marines. Stay mad. Also:
>You're not a big space bug yet many collect them.
>Collecting NPC factions
Get out.
>>
>>53820564
It would leave me with half a sprue I have no use for and thus a waste of my money.
>>
>>53820526
>ruining established lore for roasties who won't play the game after their demands are met
t. feminist indie games
>>
>>53820525
Would help if the other entire range female models didn't cost $14 burger money for a single girl with a heavy bolter. Let alone have 10+ Year old sculpt.
>>
>>53820562
>Hell even the Boy Scout of America got shit for that, made a rather huge shit about it and now it was sexist or some shit.

A lot of that part was that boy scouts and girl guides do different things and the boy scout ones are a lot more fun/physical.
>>
>>53820578
Or you can collect both.

I guess losing half would be a sexist tax. How appropriate.
>>
>>53820564
>Asking for female space marines with boobplate

Wow, boobplate is so sexist. What if I want my female space marines to wear proper armor and proper helmets so they don't get objectified, huh?
>>
Lore wise, I understand that right now women can't be space marines.

But why can't that change? Would GW revealing that Cawl made female primaris piss anyone off? Why?

On the other hand, it would eliminate the complaint.

It seems like this is a no-brainer: It probably wouldn't piss reasonable people off, and it would make reasonable people happy.
>>
File: HelloDarknessMyOldFriend.png (144KB, 574x551px) Image search: [Google]
HelloDarknessMyOldFriend.png
144KB, 574x551px
>>
>>53820574
admit it, we live for bait. how else can we justify procrastinating on our minis?
>>
>>53820256
>directly linking themarysue.
End yourself.

Although I do agree the reason for it being the case is retarded, at least use an archive for that shitty rag.
>>
Female marines are best /tg/ bait.

>>53820551
I might have found my color scheme whenever I get a knight.
>>
>>53820591
Explain the part when the boy got told to fuck off when he asked to join the Girl Scouts?
>>
BRB, buying some sslyths.
>>
>>53820601
>changes for changes sake is good
>>
>>53820416
no synapse for the Hive Guard for Exocrine/10
>>
>>53820624
>making people happier
>change for change's sake

Words have meaning anon.
>>
File: IMG_2768.jpg (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2768.jpg
477KB, 1920x1080px
>>53820610
Is that the "better" painted version of the shit I make of my "'never going to finish" SoB army?
>>
>>53820601
Why should it change for people who don't play the game or read the fluff?

>Lore wise, I understand that right now women can't be space marines

Lore-wise, there are a dozen ways you could justify having female space marines (most of them Chaos though)

Why should the setting bend over backwards for people who don't play it and clearly haven't read enough of it to realize the details of what they're asking for?
>>
>>53820272
Yeah fuck Chris!
>>
KNIGHT EXPLODES AND KILLS EVERYONE, NO ONE WINS. WHAT A FINAL TURN.
>>
>>53820256
I am going to counter your heresy with heresy of my own.
>>
>>53820526
Tits or gtfo
>>
>>53820657
These people actually do play though. Like that guy with the ocean world based chapter. I play, and I'd like to see female space marines!
>>
>>53820630
Hive guard walk behind the tervigon, does the exocrine really need it?
>>
How many of these warhammer TV games have been decided by someone rolling a 6 for an exploding vehicle right at the end? That's this one and the nid/deathwatch one at least.
>>
>>53820650
These look really awful. Like...cheap is how I would describe it.
>>
>>53820601
Because fuck you it's one faction in a whole goddamn setting that also has an exclusively female faction.
>xD why can't girls be turned into what is literally a boy just for the sake of it xD
>xD why can't brothers be sisters xD
Fuck off.
>>
>>53820545
>>53820564
How would you tell?

Space marine armor doesn't leave any room for dat ass like Spartan armor does.
>>
>>53820601
>t. I don't understand male hero worship and I enable fat lesbians who just want to tear that down to get revenge on their dads vicariously
>>
>>53820686
>does the exocrine really need it
If you want to choose what unit its 12 shots go into, yes.
>>
>>53820686
Shooty units need it the most. With charging units, you can more easily change the default target for IB with movement.
>>
>>53820690
>cheap is how I would describe it.

Just like the hookers he can afford, heyooo
>>
>>53820256
Why I'm glad Orks are asexual fungus people.
>>
>>53820256
>Written by a man
>Daughters of Persephone were created by a man
Could you fags stop being fags and stick with sisters like the neckbeards you are?
>>
>>53820657
>Why should it change for people who don't play the game or read the fluff?
Lmao, no better proof that someone is autistic as when they post this argument.

>People have different likes and dislikes than me? No, they're just trolls.
>>
File: MALINAX-TRANSFER-SHEET.jpg (426KB, 1000x1502px) Image search: [Google]
MALINAX-TRANSFER-SHEET.jpg
426KB, 1000x1502px
>>53820610
Malinax are Traitorous bastards, though, if that's a problem. They did make a habit of hunting giant monster bears, wrestling them and making their bones into their armour, though, which is why it's that colour. I almost feel MORE heretical not going all melee all the time with them. Then they charged into the Rangdan Xenocides, which wiped out at least one of the Lost Legions apparently, and won great glory for Xana, THEN participated in the Titandeath and are still alive in the Eye of Terror. Good combat record.

Also have a Forge World transfer sheet, which I need to order to kit out Selket now she's fully magnetized.
>>
>>53820596
Nah, I wouldn't. I'd put any new potential acquisitions on hold until it can be determined whether the female kit was a financial success (and thus more will be on the way, ergo, the end of me buying kits from GW) or as I predict, it will flop, no more will be produced, and we can get on with enjoying the game.

I'd pay attention to how female Sigmarines are received in AOS. If they are successful, maybe equal representation of both sexes really matters to millennials and we will see something similar headed for 40k.

I'm only sexist in wargaming btw, and even then only in spess muhreens

>>53820601
I wouldn't mind as long as it was a separate kit from the regular primaris marines.
>>
>>53820684
The people who play and read the lore should realize that there's nothing stopping you already though.

Like every other weird thing in the game, it's simply a matter of fluffing out your dudes in a way that people will accept.

I've got a female Chaos Lord, sorcerer, and squad of chosen. Fluffwise they're veteran cultists with boons in power armor.

You want this? Just do it and stop derailing threads because you lack creativity.
>>
>>53820719
Not for long you sexist cis gender able bodied white male. It's HER turn now.
>>
>>53820728
>besmirching sisters by equaling them to those fags
Plsgo
>>
>>53820526
Go back to tumblr. Or better yet, kill yourself and your immediate family. Make the world a better place.
>>
>>53820729
No, it's quite obvious really. Somebody who actually plays the game and reads the lore would realize that there's no need or point to beg GW for female space marine models.
>>
>>53820745
Kek. I doubt many of us here would be considered "able bodied"
>>
Is the GW site normally this sold out of stuff or is this a new edition thing? Like half the stuff has e-mail me next to it.
>>
>>53820728
I want female imperial guard minis.
>>
File: 837.png (197KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
837.png
197KB, 2500x1645px
>>53820256
>>
>>53820443
Ratlings can infiltrate but I also like running a command squad with a platoon commander actions as a "spotter".
>>
File: 1355353221545.jpg (404KB, 900x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1355353221545.jpg
404KB, 900x1004px
>>53820745
>>
>>53820706
>>53820712
Gotcha, I'll see about getting warriors in there somewhere
>>
>>53820765
Knees so fucked I have to do leg day in a pool.
>>
File: GI_AV_34_450x450.jpg (13KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
GI_AV_34_450x450.jpg
13KB, 450x450px
A note on Smoke Launchers.

It's obvious from the rule that they modify the hit result of the attack against the targeted vehicle by 1. This makes any attacks against that vehicle at least 16.67% more likely to miss.

What's NOT so obvious is that the modified die can never roll a 6 now because a natural result of 6 is actually a 5.

For rules or abilities that trigger on a roll of 6, like overwatch, this doesn't do anything, because the rule is asking about the die ROLL, not the RESULT. But for abilities that trigger on '6+', like the mortal wound of a sniper rifle or the necrons' tesla effect, it DOES matter, because those rules are looking at the die RESULT (since a die can never roll a 7 but positive result modifiers are a thing, rules that ask for 6+ must be looking at the result instead of the roll).

This means triggering smoke makes the '6+' effects impossible unless your attacker has a positive hit modifier of their own.

Smoke blocks Tesla.
>>
>>53820765
I am six foot two and in peak physical condition. you can't prove otherwise
>>
>>53820733
>Nah, I wouldn't. I'd put any new potential acquisitions on hold until it can be determined whether the female kit was a financial success
This. Whether or not i want female space marines doesnt matter. Because they would require GW to make an entire new set of molds. As you would need to have distinct things to show that they are female. Which GW has to then put the cost of producing those to the profit they would make off them.
>>
>>53820767
New edition thing.

They've been selling out across the board more often the past couple weeks.
>>
>>53820693
Why would having female space marines prevent you from experiencing male hero worship for the male heroes in the game?

Does the presence of wonder woman or super girl prevent you from looking up to super man?

>>53820691
If Sisters of Battle were as represented, and supported as space marines, I think I would accept this counter argument. But they're not. Sisters are basically forgotten, unsupported with recent sculpts, and are continually rolled into larger factions instead of having real codexes devoted exclusively to them. Meanwhile, Space Marines get dozens of codexes every edition.
>>
>>53820718
Sadly yes, all though technically they are not hookers, but college girls
>>
>>53820525
>warriors
>trueborn
>reavers
>hellions
All of them have a mix of female/male torsos and heads.

you dumb bint

>why are incubi all male
for the same reason all succubi are female
>>
>>53820765
I have allergies, otherwise I'd work out.
>>
>>53820467
>in that -1 to hit causes overheat on 1/2
how is 1-1 = 1?
plasma would get hot on a roll of 2 only, as rolling a 1 means you scored a 0.
>>
>>53820731
Well, I don't usually play heretics, but maybe I can make some lost-in-time warp accident argument for why they're supporting my Imperial Guard. The scheme and transfer sheet are too badass not to use.
>>
>>53820775
This is reasonable, it doesn't fuck with existing lore and would probably sell like hot cakes if they made them valhallans or some other red army inspired theme
>>
So was Titus really warp-touched or just a blank?
>>
>>53820821
0 does not exist.
>>
>>53820800
Well to be fair they'd just have to make a head sprue.

And then sell it to people who cared for $30 per ten tiny metal heads.
>>
>>53820815
But we have male banshees. Why don't women complain about men in their pure women unit?
>>
>>53820840
F I N E C A S T
>>
File: time to stop.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
time to stop.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>53820601
>But why can't that change? Would GW revealing that Cawl made female primaris piss anyone off? Why?
There is literally no need to. GW will not rocket into some wider audience by making female marines. Its not like there are thousands of women out in the world thinking "OH if only warhammer 40k had female space marines because then surely I would spend thousands of dollars on plastic miniatures so that I can hang out with nerds in a gamestore."

>On the other hand, it would eliminate the complaint.
You do not understand virtue signalling SJW twats. Backing down, apologizing, and or bending to their demands is only blood in the water to them. Which will only bring more of them and more of their bullshit demands. Next they will want Slannesh to turn out to be a good god so that trannies can have a good role model or some shit.
>>
>>53820807
It is a fact. You acceptance is not required. Fuck. Off.
>>
>>53820848
Eww, even worse.
>>
>>53820807
it cheapens and dilutes the experience
>why doesn't every chick flick have a plot about a strong, male lead being pregnant alongside the female protagonist
>>
>>53820843
>But we have male banshees.
we don't have any models for 'em

>Why don't women complain about it
because they're only looking at the miniatures, not the background
>>
>>53820853
I literally know someone who said that they blame the community for the lack of female space marines and that they hate the community.
>>
>>53820853
Slaanesh is a good god, they use they/them pronouns and are not afraid to dress in super drag!
>>
>>53820827
Titus had the favor of Khorne.

>It's why when he bathed in blood he got health back.
>>
>>53820840
I wish I could say that even then you wouldn't notice but it seems GW finally figured out female facial structure.
>>
>>53820853
>virtue signalling

opinion discarded
>>
File: 1493964218100.jpg (92KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
1493964218100.jpg
92KB, 800x999px
>>53820678
>>
>>53820827
With the death of THQ, I'm afraid we'll never find out now ...
>>
>>53820853
Oh come on now. Female Space Marines is not a slippery slope to legalizing pedophilia in Britain as a result of our silly space fight game.

>>53820858
I already acknowledged its factual basis anon. Do keep up.
>>
>>53820836
>0 does not exist.
That's a pretty heavy philosophical claim right there, anon. Are you prepared for the backlash this would cause if correct?
We may need to rethink our entire view of the universe.
>>
Paladins with Falchions or Hammers? They'll be hanging with Draigo for those re-rolls so I'm not too worried about -1 WS, just the point investment.
>>
File: autism.jpg (22KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
22KB, 277x296px
>>53820790
>>
>>53820905
Maybe Sega will make another, they are making Darksiders 3
>>
>>53820920
>reee everyone who knows more than me is an autist
>>
>>53820790
Fuck off WAAC-fag, a six is a six.
>>
>>53820883
I'm starting to hate this community. Not 40k at large. But the american side of /40kg/. The last several threads have been complete shit whenever the Americans come off of work.
>>
File: Chaos Daemons - 1000pts.jpg (264KB, 1800x838px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Daemons - 1000pts.jpg
264KB, 1800x838px
How does this look for a hard hitting fast CSM list for a smaller game? I'm expecting Guard but no conscript memes and most likely a leman russ.

No idea why its listed as Chaos Daemons.
>>
Can Blood angels be used as an assault base army without having to spam 50+ death company models?
>>
File: 1493837767439.jpg (134KB, 900x1286px) Image search: [Google]
1493837767439.jpg
134KB, 900x1286px
>>53820761
/tg/ is 90% complaining about how shit the lore is, the reasoning for all-male marines isn't any less shit just because that's the way it's been for a while.
>>53820775
Me too.
>>
>>53820900
Not really it happen to Marvel comics.

They started their SJW seal of approval comics and sales drop to the ground.
Just see them backing the hell up from that retarded situation.

SJW vocal crowd does not buy the shit they bitch about. Unlike the nerds that actually buy the stuff they bitch about.
>>
>>53820917
Personally going for a mix of Halberds and Hammers. Paladins already have 3 attacks, and having Str 5 seems a bigger boost against T4 than another attack.
>>
>>53820952
What's that in power levels?
>>
>>53820917
>those re-rolls

Reminder that rerolls happen before modifiers. So you may reroll 1s and 2s, but 3s aren't a miss.

And then you apply the -1 To Hit and those 3s become 2s and miss (but you cannot reroll them as rerolls happen first.)
>>
>>53820946
That's just idiot east side people, west side is where it's at.
>>
File: 1373085255996[1].jpg (38KB, 727x522px) Image search: [Google]
1373085255996[1].jpg
38KB, 727x522px
>>53820650
>>
>>53820960
>alt-right buzzwords really happen anon!
>I'm serious!

Yeah no, go shove a cactus up your ass.
>>
>>53820944
hes not wrong. If the ability calls for a wound roll of 6+, and you have a +1, you get in on 5s.
tesla immortals can get this from overlords.

They've even specifically called this out as a RAI interaction in one of the faction focuses.
>>
>>53820433
They should seriously just put something in the background about 50% of space marines identifying as women or otherkin.

The models don't have to change, and everyone else can ignore the fluff. But now you can't demand more female representation without being "transphobic".
>>
A) Grim darkness of the 41st millenium.

B) Emperor wasn't exactly a good guy. Probably had neckbeard issues about female marines. He was a fedora-tipper about religion too.

C) Medieval politics in space.

Really, if the SJWs want to target sexism in 40k, there are plenty of other areas they could start, be it fluffwise (Bloodtide, Daemonculaba) or fan actions (Eldar rape diorama).

GW should just get its head out its ass and fire Jervis and Cruddace and apologize for canning Pete Haines.
>>
File: Chaos Daemons - 1000pts (1).jpg (263KB, 1800x838px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Daemons - 1000pts (1).jpg
263KB, 1800x838px
>>53820965
50 even. It's nice how levels tend to account for players maxing out units, because why wouldn't you? The "1 power=20 points" seems to hold up too.
>>
>>53820958
>>53820775
Make your own or go third party like everyone else that does.

I'm waiting since WH codex back in 3rd for a proper plastic range of SoB. GW does not seem to enjoy making girls in 40k
>>
>>53820843
>We have male banshees!

*Temporarily transgender Banshees that from the moment they join, live, act, refer to themselves as, dress as, are referred to as, women. "Male Howling Banshees" is an inherently wrong statement because the moment they become a banshee, they are until they leave, no longer male to any meaningful extent other than genetics and sex organ anatomy.

Also this is an inherently transphobic opinion, if inclusion is your goal. Not that I give a fuck about trans peoples feelings.
>>
>>53820790
Unless they have a +1.
>>
>>53820971
>Reminder that rerolls happen before modifiers
this is so fucking dumb.
>>
File: IMG_1422.png (116KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1422.png
116KB, 300x300px
Anyone got some general moddeling tips for beginners? I just started the hobby and I don't want to fuck up my first couple of orks, I know to thin my paints and to use thin layers but I'm talking like awkward to remove mold lines and how to properly highlight. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>53820958
>/tg/ is 90% complaining about how shit the lore is, the reasoning for all-male marines isn't any less shit just because that's the way it's been for a while.

You've missed my point entirely.

The thing I'm getting at is that anyone who actually knows what a mess the lore is and how 40k is a galaxy where a lot of weird stuff can happen also knows that it's possible to use the fluff to justify your own army.

Anyone who actually plays and wants female marines knows they can make female marines without GW having to do anything.

Anyone who is actively begging for female marines and changes to the fluff by GW don't actually play, because otherwise they'd realize how little that matters.
>>
>>53820988
>virtue signalling
>alt-right buzzword
it's been a terminology for longer than the alt-right has existed anon. But yes, marvel comics have been at an almost all-time low in sales.
>>
>>53820992
We had this discussion last night. "a roll of 6" is not the same thing as "6+". The former is the straight dice-roll and the latter is the roll plus modifiers.
>>
>>53820988
Sjw? That shit oredates alt-right by years, anon.
>>
>>53820988
Anon go and look the marvel results.

Pandering to a vocal group that does not buy your product is retarded and Marvel learn the hard way
>>
>>53821013
>this is so fucking dumb.
Yes it is.
>>
Managed to finish AdMech and all their cost calcs last night, along with the first bit of Orks. I've also started experimenting with conditional formatting on cost-calcs for each faction; feedback very much appreciated, but I think it does a decent job of conveying the information more visually.

Goal today is to finish Orks, but they're pretty sizable.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>53821009
Correct! I did mention this.

Note that because plasma specifically calls for a 1, not a '1-' or some other thing like that, hit bonuses will NOT save you from death by ovwrcharge.
>>
>>53820283
Normal psykers get the full d3 smite. Just spam those instead.
>>
>>53821020
the original post specifically says that abilities that trigger on just a 6 (like overwatch) aren't affected by this?
>>
>>53821035
Praise be to chart anon
>>
File: Tyranid.jpg (243KB, 900x855px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranid.jpg
243KB, 900x855px
Better?

Shame I had to get rid of the second hive guard unit but the tyrant guard I feel are necessary for the swarmlord
>>
Who here is ready for the 40k axe age?
>>
>>53821032
>>53821013
There's no winning with it, though.

If you make rerolls after modifiers, then "reroll 1" mechanics become better. All rerolling before modifiers hurts is it makes "reroll any fail" abilities worse.
However, this only really hurts those when -X results are taken into account.
>>
>>53821015
Just don't glue shit together and strip mood lines off with a blade to make it easy. A quick run of the blade can usually remove a good chunk of the mold line.

Too much and you're taking out bits of the model, but it's Orks so no one would notice the mistake in the mob of 100.
>>
>>53821045
Then I'm not sure what the discussion is about. We've had the ability to make hits unable to land or wound for like 5 editions. This isn't earth-shattering.
>>
>>53820779

thats a pretty cool idea
>>
>>53821015
Don't feel like you have to line paint. A lot of times just blocking out the colors, giving it a wash and picking out some details will do for the tabletop, and you can go back and paint them nicer later on once you actually have a completed army with a basic paint job.

Mold lines are trial and error, after enough time doing them badly you'll know how to do them well. Don't worry too much about how your first models will look, the more time you spend on the hobby the better you will get.
>>
>>53821058
If you're willing to lose 10 gaunts + a devourer you can keep the second unit of hive guard.
>>
>>53821035
So heavy grav-cannon is straight up superior to plasma culverin?
>>
Did anyone get a picture of duncs guard allies?
>>
>>53821061
Make the reroll 1 ability only count for Reroll die rolls of 1.

Similar to how Plasma only melts on a roll of 1. Not on a 1-
>>
>>53820993
They all identify as "Marine"

They literally have no comprehension of their sex.
>>
>>53821061
>If you make rerolls after modifiers, then "reroll 1
1-1 is 0, not 1, you can't reroll 1s and 2s if you have a -1.
>>
>>53821133
>They literally have no comprehension of their sex

Except for Space Wolves....
... and Emperor's Children.
>>
>>53821141
Emperor's Children are pretty much trap marines at this point.
>>
>>53821135
0 doesn't exist
>>
>>53821135
1-1 = 0. Not when the BRB says a 1 is always a fail and specifically a "roll of 1". Not final result.
>>
>>53821133
Yes they do.
Marines recognise themselves as men.
Iron Hands are actually misogynistic because they despise weakness and women are just that much shitter in their view, and can't even be space marines.
>>
>>53821108
Thanks for the kind words but quick question, should i paint my most important model last (aka warboss) so it looks the best? Or just paint them in size order finishing Vehicles and walkers last because of how much table space they take up?
>>
I have 19-30 points leftover in my 2000 point list and that's absolutely infuriating

Only real thing I can think to buy at this point without overhauling part of the list is a pair of Inferno Pistols for my Retributor Superiors, to threaten hard targets that wander too close (not that I imagine a lot of things to willingly get within 6" of five Heavy Flamers)

How do y'all handle not enough points to buy a new unit, but no wargear options left that you can really make use of?
>>
>>53821133

Iron Hands maybe

Space wolves still fuck bitches and get drunk

Fists probably sexually identify as walls.
>>
>>53821112
Note that my Plasma numbers use the non-overcharged version (I may add overcharged a bit later). So Heavy Grav is throwing out 5 D:d3 shots versus the larger targets, while the Plasma Culverin is throwing out 3.5 D:1 shots, albeit at slightly higher S. Swapping to Overcharged doubles the D output of the Culverin, along with +1S, which should either double or a little more than double its damage output versus anything Heavy Infantry and up, thereby halving its cost-per-wound-per-turn.

So Grav is more reliably efficient, Culverin more efficient while you're using Overcharged.
>>
>>53821165
this is because no matter how many modifiers you have, if you roll a 1 its always a fail.

I'm not sure what the issue is.

If you re-roll after you apply modifiers, "re-roll 1s" wont trigger on a 2 or a 1 if you have a -1 to hit, because your result isnt 1 if you roll a 1, its 0.
>>
>>53821015
GW is making a new series of "Ready for Battle" series of vids that detail how to paint a mini cleanly and look presentable, but not too detailed or advanced. (The number of paints used are about half of what the other videos of the same models recommend)

Check out the pair of vids and take away what you will, but know that a mini that's been done with good fundamental techniques beats out one that's tried and failed with advanced techniques, at least in this anon's opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inudsOEW3Kg&t=411s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTnhdHvABEc
>>
>>53821141
Space Wolves barely do anon. Emperors Children was the patrons of the god of excess. Slaanesh is purely about the excessive want for pleasure. However, this pleasure is rarely exclusive to sexual conduct...In fact its a minority of it. One purely seeking an excess of pleasure will do whatever gets them excitement. For mass-murdering supermen that's going to be butchering and torturing people.
>>
/tg/ Cancer Fanbase Tier List.

Top:

Emperor's Children

High:

Orks, Ad Mech, Custodes, Knights

Mid: Tyranids, Imperial Guard

Low: All others
>>
>>53821110
I'd have to lose more than that if I want synapse for my exocrine. They're movement 6, would it still be viable to walk them and suffer the second firing atleast until they get midway up the board/on an objective?
>>
>>53821171
Alwaaaays do special characters last, trust me I wish my warboss looks a little better.

Vehicles are different because of so much surface to paint, doing them last opens up more time to paint the rest of the army.
>>
>>53821141
Emperor's Chldren are 5 ways more fucked up than your average Kardashian.

Lucas was a trickster, he tricked those women more than he identified as a man.
>>
>>53821180
Thanks for the clarification, chart-anon.
>>
File: 8E1ZpwL.gif (3MB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
8E1ZpwL.gif
3MB, 500x368px
>>53821173
>Fists probably sexually identify as walls.
>>
>>53821193
>/tg/ Cancer Fanbase Tier List.
>Top:
>40k, MtG, D&D
>High:
>All others

Ftfy
>>
>>53821171
Save the model you're most excited to paint for when your motivation is low. When you're in the mood it's easy to work on whatever shit you want. In general I wouldn't hold off too long on the Warboss because the sooner you get your HQ and a bunch of boyz the sooner you can play. You can always repaint later on when your skills have improved.
>>
>>53821168
Well they're right.
>>
>>53821188
We appear to be in agreement. I feel the 'rerolls before modifiers' solves more problems than it creates.
>>
>>53820964
Definitely looks better and be more useful when I run into T5, I'll probably keep Falchions on Interceptors since they could use extra attacks for light units.
>>
>>53821208
What anime is that?
>>
>>53821193
High: Ultramarines, Dark Angels, Black Templars
>>
>>53820526
>If there was greater gender representation, how would it affect you?
Depends on how it's done. If it's done without shitting on the established lore, I'm 100% OK. I'd love to see more female inquisitors, guardswomen (à la Lt. Mira), Plastic Sisters of Battle, Cultists, etc.
Female Space Marines, however, do shit on established lore, so I'll probably always been against their introduction in the universe.
>>
>>53821193
Ultra tier: Tau, with the exception of farsight enclaves.
>>
>>53821240
Naruto.
>>
>>53820960
Actually look at the history of the comic sales drop and you'll see it's been happening long before the diversity initiative.

Printed media in general is on a downward slope and comics are basically secondary income to their multimillion dollar movie franchises. $4-5 a comic isn't helping things either.
>>
>>53821240
Boku no Pico
>>
>>53820256
It will happen when you kill yourself.
>>
File: Yplh18u[1].png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
Yplh18u[1].png
26KB, 527x409px
>>53821240
>>
>>53821251
Wow, they really made a departure from the core premise.
>>
>>53821193
>mid: imperial guard
I accept this.
>>
>>53821244
Dunno about the first two but should have included Black Templars in High.
>>
>>53821245
Except with the advent of Primaris marines there is literally no reason we can't have female marines now. and they'll be better than all the men-only oldmarines
>>
>>53821247
Well most of the tau cheese monsters dispersed with 8th edition changes.
>>
>>53821193
>Necrons in low
Today is a good day.
>>
File: IMG_3563.jpg (107KB, 600x904px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3563.jpg
107KB, 600x904px
>>53821255
We are talking about the particular drop Marvel had when the introduce crap like picture related.

The media is dying a long time ago, this crap didn't help
>>
>>53821276
Are you kidding me? Now you can spam commanders your enemies can't shoot because they are characters. Only the model has changed, the cheese has not.
>>
>>53821276
*moved to astra militarum and nids.
>>
I'm making a Ynnari list, and I'm comparing Banshees to Wyches, since both are eligible.

The main differences: Wyches cost almost half as many points as Banshees

Wyches get as many attacks as banshees thanks to their default weapon, and can get 1 more with combat drugs.

Banshees get AP3 on their default weapon

Basically the same state line, but Wyches only get a 4++ in the fight phase, while Banshees always have it.

Banshees get to attack first in most cases (excellent), and opponents have to fight them at -1 to hit. Wyches can sometimes stop someone from falling back (also excellent, but unpredictable).

So the question is, do you think AP3, 1 less attack, and the banshee special abilities are worth paying almost twice as many points for the same number of wyches? Ignore power from Pain and Battle Focus, since this is a ynnari army, those abilities don't apply (though power from pain is clearly superior).
>>
So are Blood angels like the least played marine chapter? I rarely see people talking about them.
>>
>>53821015
One ork-specific tip is to put the heads on the miniatures before the arms. Normally you'd do it the other way round, but with orks having massive chins you can end up with no room for the head if the arms are in the wrong place. (Also, unlike every other race it doesn't matter if the ork isn't looking in the direction they're firing their gun.)
>>
>>53821273
>literally no reason
They may be phasing out the old marine models and reverting the fluff after this edition. So there's a reason.
>>
>>53821307
>phasing out the old marine models
correct
>reverting the fluff after this edition
wrong
>>
File: IMG_20170615_212453.jpg (75KB, 457x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170615_212453.jpg
75KB, 457x470px
Recently a friend of mine gave me some of his old 2nd hand chaos minis, i found out that alpha legion paint shceme in the "traitors legion" book was awesome, i liked that.

I read little about Alpha legion fluff and i saw that they cannot have marks and they are like loyal but not loyal super duper covert ops agent.

They tend to use elite minis aswell as sheer amount of cultist, since they don't have a preferred god, how ruined their armors are? Do they use daemons or engines? Are their rhinos and preds full spikes?

I don't mind if they are under/overpowered on the tabletop, I just want to know what kind of minis i can get and how they work with the fluff
>>
>>53821300
I remember seeing a lot of them during 5th. Recently half the marine players I know play Space Wolves. I think Blood Angels are still running in second place in my area.
>>
can guard officers give orders from inside a transport?
>>
>>53821325
Thanks doc.
>>
>>53821325

AL can vary from full blown bad teeth and spikes chaos to fully professional """"traitors""""" who are tacticool and have no spikes

also any alpha legion color schemes is basically all canon as long as there's blue green and maybe purple in it.
>>
File: 1493868150023.jpg (656KB, 1800x1874px) Image search: [Google]
1493868150023.jpg
656KB, 1800x1874px
>>53821195
>I'd have to lose more than
You wouldn't be able to take a strangler on the warriors. I don't understand your question.
>>
>>53821324
>Evidence: My ass

I don't have evidence either but I know for a fact neither of us do.
>>
File: 1497452411449.jpg (2MB, 3094x2185px) Image search: [Google]
1497452411449.jpg
2MB, 3094x2185px
>>53821291
>MFW waacfags pollute my faction

HECK OFF! I am legit guard player. No h8.

Seriously now I have only ever collected guard an I hope the fact that i have painted and based every one of my conscripts in the full 6 color scheme I use is proof of this.
>>
>>53821325
That's a sweet model. Right now it's best to wait until CSM get a proper codex before starting any new projects.
>>
File: IMG_1818.png (277KB, 564x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1818.png
277KB, 564x519px
>>53821108
>>53821189
>>53821223
>>53821303
Thanks for all the help guys! Can't wait to play some games and get some kills with a power klaw.
>>
>>53821345
Yes, but nobody can hear them.
>>
>>53821345
No. My understanding is that an embarked unit functionally does not exist, unless specific rules say otherwise (like open topped saying they can shoot)
>>
>>53821240
It's some scene from the Neon Genesis Evangelion franchise. Don't watch it. For every minute of cool things happening, there are 29 minutes of:

1. The main character crying
2. The main character masturbating and then feeling guilty about masturbating
3. A hastily made slide show because the show ran out of money animating the main character masturbating, and they needed to end it with previously used still images and crayon.
4. Inconsistent religious symbolism because the showmaker was cynical and smart enough at the time to realize if he just threw enough obscure references to christianity in there, people would mistake his lazy writing as brilliant (Note: See the Emperor's New Clothes for a detailed explanation of why this occurs)
5. An utterly depressing plot about bullshit because the showmaker was on heavy anti-depression medication after his wife left him or something, and he was basically just taking out his hostility on his audience.
>>
>>53821370
the writing is on the wall, anon
>>
>>53821401
Show me that wall then, asshat.
>>
>>53821412
it is there for all to see, dipshit
>>
>>53821423
I'm not seeing it. Please point it out.
>>
>>53821400
Yeah, and it's a masterpiece of writing for those 5 reasons and not the cool shit. Though most people lump in number 4 with the "cool shit" its just there to distract you from the psychological disorders.
>>
>>53821401
Aren't the guys that dick over fantasy the same guys doing 40k stuff?
If true then it will happen
>>
what's better?

helbrute w/ TL lascannon + missle launcher or
TL lascannon + power scourge?
>>
>>53821286
Marvel are using comic books to test bed new characters to replace old characters once the movie stars decide being a superhero isn't worth the money anymore. Prepare for black female Iron Man, Korean Hulk, girl Thor, and Miles Morales in the movies in the next 10 years.

The drop in quality (and consequently sales) has less to do with SJWs and more to do with marketers being in charge of which new comics are greenlit, which kills creativity.

See X-Men practically being killed off(well, kind of) and suddenly Inhumans are in the spotlight.
>>
>>53821441
The emperor's clothes sure are looking great today haha right?
>>
>>53821446
TL lascannon + TL lascannon
>>
>>53821193
Fan base Cancer-
HIGHEST:
>Khorne, EC, yiffs
High:
>Marines, chaos marines, nurgle, conscriptfags, nids
mid-high
>sisterfags, eldar, tau, SoS/custodes
Mid (can be entertaining or really annoying):
>guard, 50% of orks, deldar, inquisition
Pretty chill:
>other 50% of orks, non-'just as planned' tzeentch, assassins, harlequins
Literal bros:
Storm troopers, blood angels (aside from the "we're bad waaah" faggots in 7th)

GK are pretty chill even if fluff is abhorrent, same deal with Knights. Am I missing something?

I can't really rate Admech and Necrons because other than posting lists or occasional fluff debates, they never really talk about their faction.

Personally I've found actual DA players to be chill (aside from the occasional 'le fallen hunter unforgiven edge xDdd', it's really more the "huehuehue more like dark GAYngels"
>>
>>53820946
>blaming the Americans
I bet you're Canadian
>>
>>53821438
you need two things:
1. be up to date
2. have semi-functioning gray matter
>>53821446
I'd go for the scourge, it is pretty awesome for clearing out objectives (if you can get to them alive)
>>53821467
dude, HELBRUTE
>>
>>53821457
If you watched the show for the religious symbolism that's not anyone's fault but your own. Yeah it sucked that the ending was bullshit pulled out of their asses but beyond that it was a good character drama.
>>
>>53821469
Oh wait I'd amend that one bit, Nurgle should go a wrung or two down and have generic chaos fill its place.
>>
>>53820825
>they made them valhallans or some other red army inspired theme

This is why really. I like the Guard when they're most at their 'Stalingrad every Thursday' desperate rather than being the 'créme de la créme' of human soldiery like seems to be more popular these days.
>>
>>53821486
>ignore the religious symbolism that drives the entire plot
>focus on the 100% unlikeable, irrational, and unrealistic characters instead!

TTGL had more believable character drama.
>>
>>53820256
>says he loves to play sisters of battle in the article
>admits no one wants to fucking play sisters of lame

Gee, I wonder why gw will never make fem marines. Probably because they will lose thousands of dollars.
>>
>>53820443
ratlings have the problem of being T2 meaning bolters wound them on 2+
i'll personally try to run snipers in special weapon squads. dunno why, just feels right to me
>>
Which premium 40k to subscribe to?

I was thinking spikey bits but someone said he was a sex offender and I don't want to pay if he is going to jail
>>
File: 01.jpg (130KB, 850x618px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
130KB, 850x618px
>>53820809
who is this and where do I go to see more? also pic of awesome thing I bought because related to thread.
>>
>>53821518
If they were likeable it would be comedy, not drama. If you think they are unrealistic (especially if its because they are irrational) you have lived a better life than i have and i am jealous of your loving friends and family.
>>
>>53821520
>it isn't the fact that sisters are completely unsupported with outdated rules, expensive as fuck models (also completely outdated) and no competitive viability that kept people from playing them!
>it's that the sisters were women.
>>
>>53821541
Just stay here mate
She pops up from time to time
>>
>>53821545
I agree with this, BUT
wouldn't GW have made plastic sisters already if they thought they could profit?
>>
>>53821193
Define "cancer"
>>
>>53821555
Has she done so recently? I haven't spotted her here in weeks.
>>
File: IMG_3564.jpg (107KB, 634x1095px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3564.jpg
107KB, 634x1095px
>>53821520
I wonder why
>>
>>53821528
yeah ive been considering that too but the worse bs is putting me off
>>
>>53820272
You're just mad Chris and Duncan had fun instead of ruthlessly building the most cost efficient counter builds to the others army.
>>
>>53821528

On the other hand 3+ and bigger squads

I think it boils down on if future faq will allow auxilia officers
>>
>>53821545
Your words
>>
>>53821566
Definitely in the past 7-10 days yup
>>
>>53820314
We know exactly what happened to the "Lost" Primarchs.

They were executed for degeneration and gross heresy.
>>
>>53821528
Ratlings have JSJ. According to this general from the past years that means they will never be shot at. 100% immunity.
>>
>>53821556
Its a vicious cycle that GW has done to several armies, not just Sisters. Bad models, bad rules, release one, but keep the other shit, and then repeat.
>>
>>53821541
1. Go to 4plebs
2. Hit search
3. ??????
4. Profit
>>
>dark imperium
>Mortarion has insect/fly wings.
So hes not really an angel of death like in epic
>>
>>53821556
No because GW executives are financially retarded when it comes to risk assessment.
>>
>>53821556
No this is GW.

They where utterly confuse with Vyridian sales and their own poll about the tribunate thingy. Their poll show people bought it for Celestine with a far second place Cawl.

GW doesn't want to make SoB, but there is a clear damand for them.
>>
>>53821579
Just checked the archives, you're right. Last I saw her here was in May
>>
>>53821580
They were executed in shame because they were the Emperor's fetish
>>
>>53821578
anon.avi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EtNw5yfN1M
>>
>>53821600
Now there is. 3.5 sisters sold like hot dog shit. Mostly because they just rereleased a few models in newer boxes. The "new" models were all metals as well.
>>
File: Valhallan_Trooper.jpg (79KB, 673x955px) Image search: [Google]
Valhallan_Trooper.jpg
79KB, 673x955px
Alternate plastic guard when?

You're talking about a few infantry platoon boxsets, a few characters and then just regimental conversion kits for tanks/heavy weapons.

IT MAKES SENSE GW

GIMME NON-CADIAN GUARD

CADIANS BORING AND DED WORLD
>>
>>53821367
Are the warriors worth taking when you can just walk the exocrine mid field with the tervigon and then start making two shots a turn second turn and on?
>>
>>53821556
This is the company that was proud about not having a marketting department for longest time.
>>
>>53821545
The problem is one Andy Chambers himself stated in an interview a long while ago. Sisters didn't sell. They were the least popular army, with the White Dwarf exclusive Necrons being far more popular than them, outselling them, even. He had to pretty much beg for them to be included in Codex Witchhunter's.

But what about Celestine and Veridyan, then? Celestine's only available in a multipack that contains two other characters, and can be used by any Imperial army in the game, which makes it hard to tell who actually bought her for a Sisters army. Veridyan was based off a famous art piece and was originally going to be a limited edition collectable character like the AoS version of that one Chaos Warrior with two axes whose namw I can't remember, or the other limited edition characters they've sold previously, but kept her around due to massive sales. Again, it's hard to tell whether people bought her for Sisters, or because she was based off a famous and very iconic Blanche piece of art.
>>
>>53820610
only thing better is my brother's monstergirl guardsmen
>>
File: vsMcu3I.gif (2MB, 313x159px) Image search: [Google]
vsMcu3I.gif
2MB, 313x159px
>>53821543
>drama requires the characters to be unlikable!
>it's realistic that every person is a dysfunctional pile of nascent mental disorders and there are no therapists in sight!

Ohh, you can fuck right off. I had enough of your 90s angsty art bullshit ten years ago.

You want a good much show? Go watch Pacific Rim. THAT his how adults handle dysfunction, drama, and desperation. They dont whine about it. They do their fucking jobs and they work through their fucking problems.

Come join the real world some time.
>>
>>53821637
During a time when everyone and their mother where getting at least a plastic kit for their troop choice.

They basically shot them self on the foot intentionally and wonder why they are bleeding.
>>
>>53821595
You've not seen his new model?
>>
>>53821660
>Pacific Rim
>a movie where giant robots beat up giant monsters
are we thinking about the same pacific rim?
>>
>>53821664
You just described GW policies during that time, yes.
>>
>>53821675
No, I haven't

spoonfeed me anon
>>
>>53821689
I did put a gif from it up, did I not?

It's not a series but it's proper mecha.
>>
File: LAdy-Stormcast.jpg (135KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
LAdy-Stormcast.jpg
135KB, 1000x1000px
>>53820314
>Emprah finds two Primarchs who are female due to same warp-fuckery that split Alpharius Omegan in two
>No longer gene-seed compatible so can't support legions
>Don't accept his Patriarchal bullshit
>Banishes/executes them and gives Girlyman their marines

It fits.
>>
>>53821660
That is not the version of Pacific rim I saw
>>
>>53820678
SUFFER NOT THE FURRY TO LIVE
>>
>>53821660
>drama requires the characters to be unlikable!
Yeah pretty much, though it is a really outdated definition of what that word means and i am being disingenuous by using that definition instead of the modern one.
Pacific Rim was nice but not for likeable characters, rational behavior or realism, it kinda failed on those fronts. Also a big part of the movie is that nobody really worked through any of their problems. At the end the chick still has daddy issues, whatsisface continues to be reckless and irresponsible and idris elba just dies without really resolving his shit. I guess the Australian guy becomes a bit less of a dick?
>>
>>53820351
>wahhhh why can't things just be for me
>>
Reminder: if you thought conscript spam was bad, wait til you see brimstone horror spam. T3, 4++ save, and they regain models/wounds in 1 out of 6 leadership tests. Also they can cast smite, so these units are always a threat to every type of enemy. And they cost 2 points per model. It's basically impossible to deal enough wounds to stop the Hopeful Hordes.
>>
>>53821710
>abs on armor
good lord why
>>
>>53821710
speaking of warp fuckery wouldn't "female" emperor's children make sense?
>>
File: 1487635222788.webm (3MB, 1000x414px) Image search: [Google]
1487635222788.webm
3MB, 1000x414px
>>53821660
>gif

Holy shit, webm exists for a reason motherfucker.
>>
>>53821545
>>53821567
The dude has five fucking armies,Its the same with any fag who wants to play sisters

they could be a dollar a model and they still wouldn't get a fraction of the player attention marines do unless their tits were hanging out

you said it, not me. The sisters are lame, why do YOU think its because they are women
>>
Yeah Let's get a bunch of women and mutilate them until they become a mass of muscles with no discernible feminine caracteristics. That sure as hell wouldn't invite criticisms or accusations of sexism
>>
>We’ve established that the state of gender representation in Warhammer 40k is a major problem at best, and a complete disaster at worst.
is it a "major problem" though? why? what's the problem specifically?
>>
File: es0us5tyxjef0z2znxsr.jpg (64KB, 636x431px) Image search: [Google]
es0us5tyxjef0z2znxsr.jpg
64KB, 636x431px
>>53821710
Missing Primarch, comin' through!
>>
File: Nipple plate.jpg (124KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
Nipple plate.jpg
124KB, 600x650px
>>53821732
Are you not entertained?
>>
File: Admech BluesBrothers.jpg (30KB, 400x436px) Image search: [Google]
Admech BluesBrothers.jpg
30KB, 400x436px
>>53821469
>never really talk about their faction
Well Admech is both kinda clear-cut in concept and murky in detail enough to not really have too much to talk about, and oftentimes we're too busy getting brushes into all the fiddly details of the models to talk anyway.

Still, I remember personally getting into some pretty autistic fluff debates about Tau vs. Mechanicus, so I apologize for shitting up threads like that. Still, IA14 will probably result in a mountain of shitposting and screeching from one side or another, although I'm obviously hoping for Tau tears.
>>
File: musculata.jpg (3MB, 1788x2684px) Image search: [Google]
musculata.jpg
3MB, 1788x2684px
>>53821732
why not?
>>
>>53821732

Like it's a new thing
>>
>>53821520
GW could do run of plastic sisters without even making rules for them because at this point people would buy a box or two just for the novelty and to paint them.

Of all the armies in this game, I'm not really sure why they decided to ditch Sisters. I guess it's entirely possible that GW used to pick what armies to update based on what the devs played and nobody in there collected Sisters.
>>
>>53821735
As in Female Astartes (Male)?

Sure.
>>
>>53821035
Hey Chart-Anon, how does the Dominus' Omnissian Axe get worse against MEQ but better against TEQ?
>>
>>53821735
Yeah, Chaos has a wide host of options for Female marines. Fabius Bile messing around with experiments and making batches, Slaanesh turning loyal followers into sexy chicks as a blessing, Tzeentch turning people who annoy him into women as a prank, female chaos cultists who get enough boons that they can earn power armor and function as marines anyway.

Really when people say 'no female marines' it should be 'no female Loyalist marines'
>>
>>53821765
do not question our judgement filthy male!
>>
>>53821595
>insect/fly wings
No. He's a robed figure with leathery wings. They aren't feathered, but they certainly aren't insect wings either.
>>
>>53821731
Thing is, some guard players may have enough models to run conscript spam. I really doubt anybody has enough models to spam brimstone horrors at the moment, and they're relatively expensive to buy because you get blue horrors you don't need in every box.

Think this one's going to remain an internet theory, basically.
>>
>>53821732
>wat is lorica musculata
>>
>>53821793
Not him, but it's because it leaves the MEQ with a save now, but TEQ is now 2W and it does D2, so you basically double the effectiveness.
>>
>>53821755
kek. saved
>>
>>53820256
The lack of female marines is at least understandable in-universe since it would be massive tech-heresy on one of the Emperor's personal works and wait Cawl what are you doing
>>
File: 20170615_200035.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_200035.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Not sure if pretty or not, but Im pretty new to painting and this is my first try at edge highlighting.
Any thoughts?
>>
>>53821757
Well $80 for 10 metal models from 1997 is a buzz kill.

To play SoB you need not only to like the old as balls models and concept, but also more money to spend on the army.

I'm sure if they had at least a crapy squad like orks or guardsmen kit it would be more than enough for a lot of people
>>
>>53821782
>Eightpack
>Knee anus
>Nipples

Nice.
>>
>>53821726
but no one cared because the characters weren't distractingly bad so we can focus on giant robots fighting giant monsters, Del Toro knowing how to design sweet monsters and robots, shoot action well, and give us an action movie full of fucking color rather than brown on grey.

Well, technically the of most of the sets were muted grays and browns, but he lit them with highly colored lights so the shot was colored but left the set looking lived in and functional.
Because the man knows how to shoot a movie.
>>
>>53821802
in the artwork they look kinda like moth wings.
>>
I would start sisters in a second if they were plastic.
>>
>>53821648
I don't really know. I guess it comes down to mission type and deployment. I think having it not move at all is better because you get an average of 8 S7 AP-3 hits compared to just 2 if you move it.
>>
>>53821735
"female" Emperors Children would be androgynous, as per Slaanesh itself.
>>53821785
Well a few biggies in GW did collect sisters, for sure.
One logic people commonly use is that there is little "wiggle room" between guard and space marines. Make htem to spammy and you get guard in power armor. Make them to elite and you get space marines. Despite that, Sisters have a unique identity of their own anyway. It's why faith should be a central and entire basis for the Army. Yet they fuck it up almost every other version of the rules.
>>
>>53821802
They are described as diaphanous and buzzing like a chainsword
>>
>>53821833
Your main problem is that your paints are too thick and your picture is sideways, and more than 1MB. Other than that, I'd say that they're a bit too thick, well, like your paint.
>>
>>53821833
i think you forgot to do your recess shade first.
>>
>>53821833
The edge highlighting is pretty nice. Some of the paint on the flat surfaces looks a bit thick though - if you can see brushstrokes that's generally a sign you've overdone it.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1497556763972.jpg (22KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497556763972.jpg
22KB, 640x640px
>>53821732

Don't be sexist anon
>>
>>53821833
good first try. keep at it and thin your paints more. and drill your barrels
>>
>>53821793
>>53821815
What ^ said.

You'll see that with a lot of the heavier weapons, where they're actually worse against GEQ/MEQ due to not being able to make use of their higher D values.
>>
>>53821731
Don't forget that smite targets in melee, and there will probably be a fair few Heralds behind them spamming smite. And you can't target the Heralds. Witnessed such a build hard-counter Space Wolves this weekend. The Horrors just *walked* into his Rhinos/Razorbacks, and bogged them down while Smite chipped away transports, squads, etc.
>>
>>53821861
could just be cause they're covered in flies
>>
>>53821735
There is actually a female in the Iron Warriors.
No really, it's in Storm of Iron.

See a Iron Warrior, with some dedication to Khorne, takes a female slave to clean the gore off his armor. And being repeatedly in contact with blood and gore, and chaos runes, and full of anger and hatred, the voice of Khorne starts calling to her.
And eventually she puts on the gauntlet and kills the Iron Warrior. Then puts on the rest of the armor, and joins in the final assault. The rest of the unit just assumed the Iron warrior had become a possessed.
>>
>>53821875
There are two uncessary bags of fat in her chest
>>
I bought one of these months ago off a 3rd party site and no longer what to collect Tyranids. Does anyone know the retail price and the best way to potentially sell it? Considering I got it a little cheaper I would be willing to sell it at retail and pay for delivery.
>>
>>53821858
The WH codex had the best Faith rules. It was a mini resource management game.
Rather fun actually.
>>
>>53821833
Thin thy paints a bit more to avoid brush streaks like on the left shoulder. And give it a bit of shade, Agrax Earthshade for the gold parts and Nuln Oil for literally everything else.
The highlights on the cc-arm don't look bad for a first try. Keep doing it, and you will improve though.
>>
>>53821909
I don't think that's a "her"
>>
Yes or no? I think they look awesome.
>>
>>53821925
There are still two bags of fat in their chest
>>
>>53821653
Problem was, Sister rules before Witch Hunters were raw garbage and WH codex wasn't much better. All flamer army back when it didn't do shit against armor and put you into charge range with S3 T3 while literally everyone else was running some form of Marines. Miracles were also either shit or tedious to use, possibly both but I can't remember that.

And unlike Necrons, they didn't have to advantage of being new and exciting.

Sure, it might be that Sisters really are just unpopular but the odds have been pretty stacked against them.
>>
>>53821936
Almost impossible to buy and even thinner than the 20 year old metal models.

The concept is there but they look like the art that forgot it was a power armour corset thingy and not just a corset thingy
>>
>>53821909
>Those hips
>Her

try again
>>
>>53821193
/tg/ Cancer Fanbase Tier List.

Top:Whatever you like

Low:Whatever I like
>>
>>53821897
I think I recall the armor being daemonically possessed and more in control there, but it is still technically an example of a female space marine.
>>
CHAOS UNDIVIDED CSM SCULPTS WHEN? IM SICK OF THESE UGLY OLD SCULPTS
>>
>>53821969
that's always been the way.

my dudes > your dudes
>>
>>53821875
Who is this?
>>
>>53821985
After WE and EC get updates so never
>>
>>53821936
I've heard the unhelmeted heads look bad.

When I cave in and buy some, I'll replace some of their heads with statuesque or something.
>>
>>53821922
Yes, it was the best version. The Prior CA 3rd rules were not bad either. Original was meh, CA decent, 3.5WH great, CA 6th dumpster and currently its decent (but could use improvement).

>>53821957
>>53821653
Yes Andy Chambers a was basically the only hope for Sisters back then and the later CA update only occurred because it, basically, had to. That being said, I have always felt they were on the "cusp" of being quite popular, just never given the right potential.

>>53821936
30USD for 5 models and it takes, on average, 3months to receive.
>>
Talking about SoB. Are we actually getting the "crippled sisters are given to guardsmen as a cumdumpster" stories?
>>
File: Ultramarine_Dreadnought_2.gif (31KB, 268x377px) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarine_Dreadnought_2.gif
31KB, 268x377px
>>53821833
Paint some black dots on the ends of the other assault cannon barrels.
>>
>>53821977
But she'd lack the organs to be a "proper" Space Marine, wouldn't she? Althoug, I guess Khorne can help out there by making her just as strong anyway.
>>
>>53821894
Yeah, characters are where it's at, unless your opponent brings snipers.
>>
>>53821985
At a certain point I just gave up and started mixing the CSM kits with other updated loyalist boxes. Usually works out fine with a good mix of spikes.
>>
File: dangles.png (94KB, 927x510px) Image search: [Google]
dangles.png
94KB, 927x510px
Does this lookwheelie good or wheelie bad? Or perhaps just middle of the road?
>>
>>53821731
>and they regain models/wounds in 1 out of 6 leadership tests.

Except the icon specifically calls out d6 slain PINK HORRORS are restored. If you only take Brimstones. The icon is worthless. In fact only a Pink Horror can take said icons.

You also didn't mention that each cast of Smite kills the Brimstone that manifests it (except you can buy a 5pt Blue to counter that)
>>
>>53821977
it needed a host to act, it couldn't move on it's own.
And khorne demon tempting and possessing someone whose constantly covered in gore in a place with demonic influence is very much in the setting. Having it be the slave cleaning the gore was a neat take on that idea.
>>
>>53821968
I'm on a phone Anon-kun. Sorry for my "mistake"
>>
>>53822031
Yeah the trick is to avoid aquilas and purity seals and get the mk5 and mk6 armor bits.
>>
>>53822017
Exactly. None of the other CSM present noticed anything different, so functionally she was on par with other marines for combat prowess.

And honestly, who cares if they have all the organs to be a 'proper' space marine? Last I checked the complaint was about not having power-armored girls who kicked ass and had plastic models, and them not being able to eat brains to learn memories seems extremely tertiary to that.
>>
>>53821866
>>53821867
>>53821874
>>53821876
>>53821924
>>53822015

Aye, thinning my paints is my biggest issue, but Im working on it.

Thanks for the replies tho
>>
File: Chaos Daemons - 2000pts.jpg (981KB, 1800x3043px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Daemons - 2000pts.jpg
981KB, 1800x3043px
>>53822041
Sorry, he forgot the list.
>>
>>53822010
GW actively screw over the Sister success.
Not that uncommon just look at WHF. It almost feel like GW does not understand that unsupported products are hard to sell.

>>53822014
Are you talking about the GSC mental domination fetish story?

Why is that a common theme with BL stories that include women?
>>
>>53822017
She can probably pop out testicles if she gets angry enough, rest of the stuff should follow.
>>
>>53821893
I noticed that your chart doesn't have the Skitarii Vanguard Alpha's -1T factor in the melee weapon section of the Skitarii.

Also, the Radium pistol's stats make me sad.
>>
>>53822014
Getting where? From degenerates online?

In universe Sororitas are among the most beloved armed forces in the Imperium by the populace. Both for their actual concern for the civilian population and as a living symbol of the Emperor and his church.
>>
>>53822070
They don't sell because they haven't been updated.

They haven't been updated because they don't sell.

I mean look at the sales for Celestine and veridyan, clearly there is a fucking market there.
>>
>>53822015
Love 90s ultramarines. Anyone have a picture of that dude's modern marines that he painted in 90s style?
>>
>>53822041
You can run pink horrors in the unit (increasing its cost slightly) in order to take advantage of it. Though I don't know how cost effective that is.
>>
>getting back into 8th from years of not-playing
>now randomly start rolling dice for firing when not playing
God, I forgot how habit forming this shit is.
>>
>>53822046
Pretty much. I tend to fine the age in the CSM bits show less when you mix them like that. Helmets and backpacks are particularly easy.
>>
>>53822057
I'm just saying. A Space Marine isn't just the armour and a guy, all the additional organs and training are very important.
>>
>>53820256
>Female primaris marines when?

Never.
>>
>>53822057
She's would be part of The Lost and Danmed then.It hurts me to type that
>>
>>53822063
It looks really good for a beginner friend. By and large you've kept everything clean and highlights reasonably thin. Your dread should look great on the tabletop.
>>
>>53822122
>danmed
Hurts me too
>>
>>53822095
Both Celestine and Veridyan had huge sales from collectors/painters as well. So harder to pin point down...but it did come as a shock to GW.

Now classic sisters? They sold like shit YEARS ago. Repentia were the top selling unit in 3.5 purely for modelling/painting perspectives. They were also one of the worst units in the codex.
>>
>>53822067
>brimstone horrors are £1 per 1 point
>list has 274 brimstone horrors
It would cost £548 just to buy the brimstone horrors for this list. Do you chucklefucks REALLY think anybody is going to do this?
>>
>>53822045
>phoneposting

uh
>>
>>53822095
So Sister of Battle models sold beyond our wildest expectations! We need to let know our costumer they will be avail to buy Vyridian and Celestine in the future!
Our course of action is clear!
Make more Marine models!
>>
File: 1495574562294.gif (120KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1495574562294.gif
120KB, 400x225px
>>53822122
>>53822131
>>
>>53822010
Another issue is that Sisters are arguably the spammiest army in 40k, because so many of their units are so damn alike. Just look at their 6e iteration:

HQ: 5 Sisters, 4 Meltaguns, Immolator
Troops: 5 Sisters, 2 Meltaguns, Immolator
Elites: 5 Sisters, 2 Meltaguns, Immolator
Fast Attack: 5 Sisters, 4 Meltaguns, Immolator
Heavy Support: 5 Sisters, 4 Heavy Flamers, Immolator

And you then tweak on points. A major issue is that all the non-Immolator options weren't good enough or redundant enough...compared to spamming more Immolators.
>>
>>53821035
Dear god, look at those Fulgurites. I may get or convert a bunch of them (Maybe Samech Redemption Servitor counts-as, those look cool and I could Admechify something for my DarkMech. Maybe Warriors of Chaos despiked?) and stick them in a Triaros just to make use of ALL that points-efficient powerful 5++/3++/5+++ melee. Arm them with spare Kataphron Claws painted all zappy and greenstuff on augments and cables.
>>
>>53822077
Ooh, good catch, I'll fix that shortly.
>>
>>53822119

see;

>>53821710
>>
Similar to what Duncan did, I'm really interested in doing a knight household with retainer guard. Here's what I've come up with, thoughts?

>HQ
2 Lord Commissars (pretty durable against 95% of snipers)
>TROOPS
2 conscript blobs (40 dudes in each)
3 squads of either Skitarii or scions, can't decide. (10 dudes in each)
3 Kataphron destroyers with grav cannons
>ELITES
6 ratlings
2 scion command squads (4 dudes, all have volley guns)

Y/N? I think it's pretty solid, especially at mulching the hordes of light/medium infantry that are becoming popular.

Also, how would freeguild dudes be for conscripts (link below)? I think the models are great and fit the baroque medieval theme of Knights
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Empire-State-Handgunners
>>
File: 1497543910484.jpg (477KB, 1748x1529px) Image search: [Google]
1497543910484.jpg
477KB, 1748x1529px
Fuck. I missed most of the Duncan match. I saw he brought two knights, what was the rest of his stuff like? Household guard?
>>
>>53822118
for Loyalists, I'l agree.
For Chaos, plenty of them would have weird organs, or get the organs in weird way. And training would be weird.

A possessed CSM probably has more in common with a possessed human than they do with a loyalist space marine.
>>
>>53822156
This man's name seems legit, he's got the attitude I've come to expect from GW.
>>
>>53822063
Try using a wet pallette. I usually just take the lid of an old plastic box, put some parchment paper down and a paper towel underneath, and then add some water under the parchment paper. Paint stays wet for a long time, and pretty much thins itself. Just make sure you don't use wax paper, as it won't allow the water to get to the paint at all.
>>
>>53822109
>You can run pink horrors in the unit

Oh I know. But when people are acting like you can run 30 Brimstones that respawn for 60pts...

Ya. That doesn't work.

Really trying to make Lord of Changes work... but I feel I'd rather have 3 Disk Heralds instead
>>
>>53822156
>people like a secondary army
>therefore we should stop supporting our most popular and iconic army
You SoBfags are so pathetic, even worse than IG players
>>
File: 1496263647422.jpg (118KB, 800x1113px) Image search: [Google]
1496263647422.jpg
118KB, 800x1113px
>>53822156
>costumer
>avail
>Vyridian
It's like a slavic discount GW
>>
>>53822156
Development lead-time for new models is more than six months.
>>
>>53822118
Not that important, or at least not important enough that Chaos magic can't make up the difference if it wants to.

>>53822122
If she's functionally identical even to the other marines there, and has the exact same power armor, then if I wanted to represent her on the tabletop, I would put down a Chaos lord and say there's an angry possessed cultist woman in there, and just have her be functionally identical.

Yeah, they aren't technically a Space Marine (tm) with all those specialized organs to spit acid or survive in a vacuum, but none of that is represented on the tabletop anyway, so you have plenty of justification to run your 'female chaos cultists with boons in power armor' army as just 'chaos space marines' and have them be the same.
>>
>>53822151
>not making your own out of chaos bits and greenstuff.
>>
>>53822179
2 knights, and a unit of conscripts+commissar+priest
>>
>>53822179
2 Knights, a comissar, a priest and something like 30 conscripts
>>
>>53822070
>>53754184
No, writefaggotry
I came too late. /pol/ had already contaminated the poor thread. But I am interested by the concept.
>>
>>53822175
Oh fuck I'm retarded, there's also 2 Knight-wardens, one of which has a fist.

Anything is appreciated, hell even what households would be fluffy for this sort of thing. Mechanicus-aligned could work, I like Duncan's dudes but obviously wouldn't copy him
>>
>>53822179
>House Griffith
I hate you.
I REALLY want those transfers. Bar none, they have the best lore and best color scheme.
>>
File: Square-Bases-1.jpg (61KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
Square-Bases-1.jpg
61KB, 1024x577px
>>53822197
>slavic discount GW
Square bases!
>>
>>53822164
6th/7th was the lowest point in sisters history. I'd have used the 3rd CA rules over those.
>>
>>53822118
CSM geneseed is usually super-mutated to the point of being unidentifiable anyway, and their training is far less strict.
>>
>>53822194
No said stop making marines.

You are just piss that marinlets got squated before SoB

>>53822197
It's the Russian division
>>
>>53822156
>Make more Marine models!
>New Games-Workshop
>New
I stopped playing when 5E hit but in 3E and 4E, literally every other codex was some form of marine. And of course they all got their specific kind of new and shiny plastic kit. Daemon Hunters were outliner in that regard.
>>
>>53822194
Can you read?
Are you having a stroke?
Should I call an ambulance?
>>
Oh wait. Potential flaw with the horror spam: do horror models cost reinforcement points when you add them to your unit?
>>
>>53822175
I wouldn't use the handgunners. Not enough armor and the bodies aren't that customizable.
Think about mixing Cadian bits to AoS Longswords bodies
>>
>>53822151
If you buy on 3rd party it's £1.50 a Brimstone... or £0.75 a point*

So "only" £205...

>* you'll eventually exhaust their supply and go back to pauing GW prices.
>>
>>53822218
That's Duncan's knight
>>
>>53822231
Dude, trust them™ its GamesWorkshop™
>>
>>53822230
Idgaf about either marinelets or SoB, I play orks and I'm going to play some primaris My Dudes
>>
>>53822070
> mental domination fetish
I presume it's because it creates a lot more impact than the contrary
>>
>>53822151
>>53822251
I mean, at the same time you could probably make some tiny blobs out of greenstuff or flame shapes out of cardboard and get the same effect
>>
>>53822247
yes, written right in the unit rules.
But those points are very low for the amount of stickiness you add to the unit.
>>
>>53822247
Yes
>>
>>53822169
Fixed
>>53822168
They're terrifying once they enter melee. The main consideration is that they're a melee-only unit with a base 6" move, so it's going to take some effort to get them to close. Once they do, though, they'll wreck face.
>>
>>53822271
>>53822205
Still costs £81 just for all the bases you need.
>>
>>53822206
>>53822214
>>53822206
Neat. Did he just use cadians or do anything special? Really wanted to see his work.
>>
>>53822277
>>53822279
So if you run out of reinforcement points, you can't gain new pink horrors in your unit.
>>
>>53822217
best household is Your Household. Then you can paint it any way you want and run it however you want.
>>
>>53822296
He had converted his conscripts, they were made by using (I think) Bretonnian archer models, that he just gave lasguns to pretty much
Oh and he had a taurox as well but that was plain
>>
>>53822267
You are just starting? Have you consider buying an Imperial Knight your Primaris Marines?

Here have this Adeptus Astartes starter set for your Primaris Marines along with this 5 Landraider Crusader they are a beast in 8th!
>>
>>53822267
I'm going to make one of those primaris lieutenants a company champion, that way he can have all the aniki moments
>>
When are they gonna release those dang skull-helmeted close combat Primaris marines I've been hearing -about?

I need them for my World eaters right fucking now
>>
>>53822285
Well now it doesn't take into account Ramger Alphas, kek. Interesting that Arc Mauls remain the same against TEQ though, I was assuming the numbers would improve.
>>
>>53822285
Yeah, that's the downside, but I play on smol boards and against a lot of melee like Bangles, so I couldn't really have a better pick. Don't like the models much, though, so time to use that greenstuff cable maker and turn some Chaos Marauders into servitor fodder.
>>
>>53822221
5e AoF was immediately panned by people that understood "scalability 101". 500 pts? D6 AOF-turn. 2000 pts? D6 AOF-turn. The shame was real.

I worked on doing a rewrite of 40k core rules awhile back, now that 8th is up I'm going to go back at it. Had a few ideas for how to flesh out Sisters into a more "well rounded" force without stepping too much on Space Marine toes. For now, I'm working on ironing out an "alternating activation" system for the game, as well as a better scenario system.
>>
>>53822247
They cost ppints when they split. Not when the icon rezzes them.

In casual play they split indefinetly however.
>>
>>53822345
Unless I'm missing something, Rad-Saturation is only an effect on Vanguards, not Rangers. While it's entirely reasonable to use the Vanguards to buff the melee of a paired group of Rangers also engaging in melee, I've been generally avoiding the display of buffs from other units, even if it's something reasonable, simply due to the amount of additional cases it causes.

>>53822347
Their invuln definitely helps take the edge off.
>>
File: pink whores.jpg (109KB, 714x728px) Image search: [Google]
pink whores.jpg
109KB, 714x728px
>>53822247
reading is hard
>>
>>53822343
Considering they've only appeared in a BL novel, anywhere from after a few months to never.
>>
>>53822393
It doesn't say so here so I guess not?
Makes thing easier then.
>>
>>53822375
Well that's silly. The points cost of brimstone horrors and blue horrors is already baked into the pink horror. It's effectively a huge nerf for horrors in matched play, that isn't present in narrative play.
>>
>>53822386
No, there's no section for Ranger Alphas anymore, kek.
>>
>>53822413
You are correct. PINK Horrors added by morale rolls of 1 with an Icon do not cost anything.
>>
>>53822203
I think it would be cooler If they were a new unit(maybe) in a new faction. As I said we still don't have a IG analogue.
>>
>>53822203
Hell, you could claim your making a super fluffy Iron Warrior list and still say that.
Include all the surviving characters from Storm of Iron in your army.
Make sure to give the possessed former slave the Khorne keyword.

If someone give you crap about female space marines not being in the fluff, throw the book at them. Hard cover if they're being really dickish.
>>
>>53822413
Get this man some glasses.
>>
>>53822421
>The points cost of brimstone horrors and blue horrors is already baked into the pink horror.

No it's not. Pink horrors are 10 points each. They're guardsmen bodies with marginally better guns, a 4+ invuln save, the ability to deep-strike, and a 1 in 3 chance to smite something each turn.

That's arguably worth 10 points.
>>
>>53822421
I think the idea was to not allow it to be a problem in matched but keep the gimmick in narrative.

This way they can tweak the cost of horrors anyway. Blues and brims might decrease in points if no one takes them for matched play.
>>
C+C on this 1000pt list I crapped out for a game tonight. 1000pt is weird so i just filled it with fusion and bodies.

Battalion Detachment 1000pts

Commander (1) - 160pts
1 Commander: 4 Fusion blasters

Longstrike (1) - 175pts
1 Longstrike: Railgun,Two gundrones with two pulse carbines

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits (6) - 224pts
1 XV25 Stealth Shas'vre: Fusion blaster,Multi-tracker, Beacon
1 XV25 Stealth Shas'ui: Fusion blaster
4 XV25 Stealth Shas'ui: Burst cannon

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (3) - 147pts
3 Crisis Shas'ui: 3 Flamers

Kroot Carnivores (17) - 102pts
17 Kroot: Kroot rifle

Strike Team (12) - 96pts
1 Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle,Photon grenades,Pulse pistol
11 Fire Warrior: Pulse rifle,Photon grenades

Strike Team (12) - 96pts
1 Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle,Photon grenades,Pulse pistol
11 Fire Warrior: Pulse rifle,Photon grenades
>>
File: Page4redo.jpg (80KB, 626x810px) Image search: [Google]
Page4redo.jpg
80KB, 626x810px
>>53822368
I did a fandex of sisters quite awhile ago that, I thought, turned out pretty decent. I stopped because I basically burnt out on 40k and the 5th ed sisters came out.

It's not amazing, looking back at it. but it was a pretty good attempt for someone who had never done shit for editing/formatting crap. Obviously it wouldnt fit modern 40k style of writing though.
>>
>>53822467
At this point, pinks would have to decrease in cost for me to take them in matched play. I'm just gonna skip straight to Brims, get some nice 30 wound hordes for my characters to hide behind. Maybe a single blue so I can smite with each unit without losing a brim.
>>
Do arco flagellants get d3 attacks for each attack? Because if they do, have a priest join them to get permanent 3d3 s5 attacks each which sounds pretty nice.
>>
>>53822437
Renegades and Heretics from forgeworld exists just for that purpose. Personally though, I would like more of a sliding scale to customize Chaos units ranging from 'untrained cultist rabble' to 'veteran chaos marine', and everything in between from elite cultists in power armor ala SoB to CSM neophytes who have the physical stats but none of the training.

>>53822440
Yeah. Female Chaos marines are perfectly fluffy, and it's really hard to dispute that for the sheer fact that the faction has a lot of weird mutations and magic at their disposal.
>>
How pften do yum named characters or heirlooms on your lists?

I try to avoid it if I can. Not every battle is Rpboute Guilliman and Sebastian Yarrick tag-teaming against Abbadon and Ghazgull.
>>
>>53822450
>the ability to deep-strike,
They lost that.

>a 1 in 3 chance to smite something each turn.
So can the Blues. So that doesn't count.

The only difference between a Pink and Blue
>WS4+ vs WS5+
>BS4+ vs -
>S3 vs S2
>18" S3 AP0 D1 Assault 2 vs -

That's it. Now whether being mediocre in melee vs awful at melee and a shorter range Lasgun (Lascarbine?) is worth 5pts. You be the judge of that
>>
>>53820531
As long as you model them with removable ghillie suits and the sniper has rations and shit bags on him.
>>
>>53821389
The nice thing about these new rules are a majority are very literal. Like to be affected by an aura a unit must be within 3 in of the model. If the model is in a transport than you can't be within the aura since its not on the table
>>
>>53822492
>I'm just gonna skip straight to Brims, get some nice 30 wound hordes

You do know what Morale does to a unit like that without some rule that makes them immume to morale I hope ...
>>
>>53822495
Yep each attack is actually d3 attacks.
>>
>>53822440
How would a Chaos God act if they discovered the person they gave their blessing to was not a CM?
>>
>>53822505
I don't use named characters often, but I make really extensive use of relics to customize my force. Usually I'll re-fluff them as something else fitting, but they're one of the few ways to customize generic HQs and make them feel distinct.
>>
>>53822492
I like pinks because they are basically a 17pt 5 wound 4++ models that are immune to multiple damage.
That doesn't sound that bad.
>>
>>53822505
I try to avoid it too, unless I'm countasing the rules for My Dude like I will for my upcoming Archmagos. Not that Admech has that many dudes to use anyway.

However, I absolutely LOVE fighting those kinds of overly contrived character-spam lists, because killing them is SO satisfying.
>>
>>53822497
Some females might be acceptable, but an armys worth would be pretty debatable. Any of the veterans or lords being one would be...even more so.

You'd have to claim some pretty obscure and very "totally OC, do not steal" concept shit to say you had even half a force being chaos marines.

Even slaanesh wouldn't have hordes of them. Unless you think one tit counts as female.
>>
>>53822526
>You do know what Morale does to a unit like that without some rule that makes them immume to morale I hope ...

Ya. And Pink Horrors are just as vulnerable to Morale as Brimstones. In fact. I'd say more as each Pink lost in morale can't split and cost 8pts more.
>>
>>53822492
>sitting on a objective
>opponent sick amd tired of killing brimstones
>finally manages to sink all of his bullets into the horrors on the winning objective
>wipes them all out
>cheers
>out of the corpse of the only blue horror climbs a brimstone and contests the objective with his tiny misshapen hands
>opponent leaves, doesn't even bother picking up his models.
>>
>>53822526
All Battleshock does is "kill at least 7 models, each model after is an additional model killed". Consider they're 2 points per model for a 4+ invul, and you can just simply ignore a lot of Battleshock (you don't care about the losses) or spend CP if you really need to keep the tarpit up a turn longer.
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>53822556
>>53822556
>>53822556
>>
>>53822531
in the novel, Khornes behind it.
The CSM with the armor to start is kinda a whiny bitch, whose too stuck up on his own notions of 'purity' to get busy with the killing.
The woman is full of rage and hatred, and once she puts on the armor goes about the killing with more desire and skill.

The other CSM do actually notice a change. They notice that CSM is killing better, and assume he was blessed by Khorne.
>>
>>53822538
24pt
10 for Pink
10 for two Blues
4 for two Brimstones
>>
>>53821735
They make so much sense they should be official fluff.
>>
>>53822320
Already have a Knight, thanks.
>>
>>53822526
Yeah, but who cares? It's the most durable tarpit in the game! It's only purpose is to cast smite a third of the time, and act as 30 extra wounds for the super squad of characters behind it casting smite all the time.
>>
>>53822531
Khorne cares not
>>
File: FemImperialFist.png (1MB, 900x1400px) Image search: [Google]
FemImperialFist.png
1MB, 900x1400px
>>53821710
The only proof I need that Primaris Marines were partially an excuse to introduce femarines.
>>
File: 1463476806713.jpg (368KB, 1024x1429px) Image search: [Google]
1463476806713.jpg
368KB, 1024x1429px
>>53820809
Timestamp faggot.
>>
>>53822497
If you're talking about representation I don't think this would solve the problem. The majority of "female" marines would (ironically)resemble more androgynes, intersex and transexuals
>>
>>53822550
Not really. As we just finished talking about, a random female Chaos cultist subbed in for a commander and nobody noticed.

Having a full army of them is simply a matter of scale. I mean, are you going to complain that someone has a 1000 point force with all the chaos marines being female unless they bring another 1000 points of male ones?

>Even slaanesh wouldn't have hordes of them

By that logic, Slaanesh also wouldn't have hordes of Noise marines, and yet here we are. Chaos gods do a lot of different things. Sometimes they're very orderly, and sometimes they aren't.

And yeah, it'd be pretty OC donut steal, but so is every homebrew chapter, so who cares?
>>
>>53822572
>>53821897

>Iron warriors jobbing more
Getting BTFO by grav tanks and now serf womenz
Is there anything they won't job too?

Oh right they jobbed to nids too on a super fortress lel
>>
>>53822645
I don't really care about representation or anything, I'm just trying to point out ways people who really want that sort of army can get it onto the table with ways to justify it in fluff.
>>
>>53822576
still seems decent.
The brimestone horrors can be used to absorb battleshock etc.

And you only commit the 10pts per at the start. So if your running a lists for some summoning/reinforcements, you can choose to use those points to make a given horror unit harder to kill.

That's pretty good tactical flexability. Say 200 pts for 2 ten man blobs. If their trapped somewhere they can't do anything good, leave them be and spend the points for summoning.
If they are on an objective, or tying up a unit in melee, you can feed those points into making them up to 5 times as tough.
>>
File: NMRN0133.jpg (81KB, 1000x595px) Image search: [Google]
NMRN0133.jpg
81KB, 1000x595px
>>53822545
This. One of the reasons I play guard is because they're an NPC faction.

We lose? We have reserves.

You lose? You will never recover.
>>
>>53822656
you do know they win in Storm of Iron?
A major win.
And the serf woman because a better Iron Warrior. So they're even stronger.
>>
>>53822179
Never thought I'd like pale yellow on a Knight so much.
>>
>>53822527
Nine of them would fit with a priest in a sisters rhino and /average/ 41 3+ s5 attacks.
>>
>>53822672
Didn't say they were bad. Just they're 7pts more than Other!Anon said.
>>
I'm starting my first WH40K army with the dark imperium box (primaris) and I would like to know what else should I get to reach 1000 points to play with some friends.
>>
>>53823037
the dark imperium box is already around 1000pts per side (ish)
>>
>>53823056
It's about 820-40, so enough to get scouts, devastators, even a dreadnought, I really dont know what to add.
>>
>>53823037
Something that fits the points gap and that you'd enjoy painting desu
>>
>>53820335
orks aren't a real faction anymore. Not important enough for a battle report.
>>
>>53823037
Predator! (I just like them)
>>
>>53820526
Human women are less fit for war than human men. If you want female soldiers go play gay eldars and tau
>>
>>53820601
>It would eliminate the complaint.
No. No it would not.

Marvel fucked themselves bending over to SJW demands for diversity and they still bitch incessantly about comics being sexist.

You can't please these people. Their ideology prevents them from being satisfied with anything.
>>
>>53823624
Yep. If you add female heads to the marine sprue, they'll complain that the female marines aren't feminine enough and are basically just men. If you add female torsos that give them a feminine figure, they'll complain that you're just sexualizing them or giving them boobplate.
>>
I'm hearing mixed messages about harlequins. surely they're too elite to be viable with all the Hoards in 8th?
>>
>>53823808
EVERYTHING has shuriken cannons, or high volume of s4 attacks (possibly with rerolls).

ALL non-infantry are -1 to hit them

mirror of minds can wipe out entire units of low leadership models
Fog of dreams + nearby shadowseer makes units of infantry extremely extremely difficult to kill.

They do okay.
>>
If not for the Hive Fleets, Genestealer cults would be a reasonable alternative to the imperium. Genestealers are essentially more numerous space marine alts, patriarchs are actually more deadly, you get better Ogryn and human soldiers capable of fighting Orks in melee, all in numbers that dwarf the tiny elite sections of the imperium.

Imagine an Ork or chaos invasion slamming into a world with billions of acolytes and millions of genestealers.
>>
File: 1475263733726.jpg (48KB, 550x450px) Image search: [Google]
1475263733726.jpg
48KB, 550x450px
>>53820256
post yfw mantlet marines get retconned into being female models
>>
File: 200_s.gif (30KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
30KB, 267x200px
>>53820273
>>
Can Drop Pods not drop Dreadnoughts anymore?
>>
File: Traitoris.png (81KB, 882x394px) Image search: [Google]
Traitoris.png
81KB, 882x394px
So the local players have all started shifting from using previous armies to infantry heavy spamfests and have told me "vehicles aren't worth it anymore". I intend to do the opposite,how fucked am i.
>>
>>53820551
Orks are all Boys. I blame the Patriorkhy!
Thread posts: 499
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.