[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recasts and Chinahammer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 29

File: recast.jpg (65KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
recast.jpg
65KB, 640x427px
According to many Anons, it appears that the ghost of Chairman Mao has upped his recast game for Geedubs miniatures, and people are increasingly opting to buy recasts rather than actual GW plastic crack.

What is your experience with recasts? How often do you splurge on actual GW product?
>>
I've heard a lot of success stories with anons buying chinacast. I've also heard just about the same amount of stories of anons getting burned by it. Months waiting and no product, getting scammed, shit quality on delivery, etc.

It's too much of a risk imo.
>>
>>53818061
> Ghost of Chairman Mao
> Implying Mao would be complicit in transforming his country into the West's repository for cheap plastic toys
> Implying Mao isn't rolling in his grave fast enough enough to power all of China
>>
I bought some mk.iv jump packs from a chinaman and the quality was merely okay. A little muddy in the recesses but not significant worse than some stuff I've actually gotten from Forge World, especially on older, more popular molds.

The biggest problem was the shrinkage, the bits are noticeably smaller than their authentic counterparts. Shouldn't stand out too badly on the tabletop but side by side, there's a difference.
>>
>>53818061
>>53818449
Op and his shill thread.

Heres a question for you:
If good times create tyrants and hard times create heros, then why is china so full of tyrants?
>>
Five or six years ago I bought a bunch of recast forgeworld from a Chinaman. Excellent quality, and the few mistakes that there were I just puttied up (because I am, in fact, a modeler.)
Recasters are the only way this hobby will survive.
>>
>>53818505
China is full of tyrannids? We're fucked.
>>
>>53818477

If he is, they'll probably find a way to monetize it.
>>
>>53818505
Because modern China isn't good times.

Fucking Deng "reformed" the economy to allow for all sorts of gilded age bullshit.
It's basically a police state run by megacorps and the Party.
>>
File: 1496306183103.gif (745KB, 382x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496306183103.gif
745KB, 382x450px
>it costs less money to pay for shipping from china for a handmade process than it costs to buy something made through automation in England
>>
>>53818632
Comrade?
>>
>>53818719
One of those things has health and safety.
>>
>>53818719

GW are price gouging yes, but that's hardly surprising.

GW have to pay
>Design Studios to create concepts (not as well as before when it was fully staffed, but you get me)
>moldmakers, factory workers and distributors for GW plastics
>seperate FW Studio
>people to cast FW resin by hand still
>full support network of a FTSE250 company with hundreds of stores, accounts & legal departments, HR etc.
>all of these workers have holiday pay, sick pay, maternity/paternity pay etc., get training days at Lenton HQ and all that

Chinaman
>two guys in a shed
>chinese postage is cheap and weight is cumulative, so 100 packages of 1kg is a similar price to one 100kg package, instead of there being a minimum cost each time
>>
>>53818061
Recasts work for shit like 40k. They suck for high quality stuff like KDM or Infinity though.
>>
>>53819074
I'm not paying $50 for 12 guys you shill.
>>
Personally i buy recast if the original model is either forgeworld or finecast.

For everything else i get the real deal in order to support the hobby. But i'm sure as hell not paying 100 euros for a model which could have the same problems as the recasted one.
>>
>>53819520
Supporting GW is worse than supporting Hitler.
>>
File: WGB-WM-03-Last-Levy-c.jpg (82KB, 688x625px) Image search: [Google]
WGB-WM-03-Last-Levy-c.jpg
82KB, 688x625px
>>53819543
I'd play Nazis in bolt action so I don't get your analogy.
>>
File: 20170615_134333.jpg (73KB, 1040x585px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_134333.jpg
73KB, 1040x585px
>>53818905
doesnt deny the fact GW is being a jew

>70$ for centurions

pic related they're recasts I bought for 23$
>>
I've bought a decent amount and have been happy. Recasts are generally made out of resin, so they aren't as easy to work with as plastic kits. You will need to do some extra work as well to keep everything in ship shape. You do save a ton of money though, and once paint is put on the models you can't tell the difference.. With recasts of resin kits the quality isn't going to be much worse.
>>
>>53818892

I work in injection moulding in the UK.

An item the size of a miniature has a production cost of a couple cents.

Even considering machine and mould depreciation, it's not any higher than £0.2
>>
>>53819763
That's the one thing about recasts that keep me away. I fucking hate working with resin.
>>
I buy recasts for smallish models which are expensive as hell, or limited edition/no longer available. I have done six plus orders with the same industrious chinaman, and I only had an issue once.

One thing I ordered was not in the package, but then I checked my email: I accidentally had a typo which means I ordered what was packed, not what I wanted. So in the end it was my fault.
>>
>>53819858
I had the opposite, he cut off a digit and I got a DKK Commissar instead of a Tau R'Varna.

He offered to send it in a later batch but I haven't ordered in a while so I had him refund me just for that. So that was fine.

Probably for the best given how Riptides are looking...
>>
>>53818586
>Forgeries
>the only way the hobby will survive.
Good luck getting forgeries when the original companies are all put out of business. retard
>>
>>53818449
>>53818061
I just picked up a chinacast character, super shit, bubbles everywhere

Back when they were still chinacasting metal I picked up a couple really good things
>>
>>53820317
The forged molds still would exist and if they so priced themselves out then there's no sympathy coming from my end.
Retard.
>>
>>53818586
>Recasters are the only way this hobby will survive.

>don't make new models
>don't give reasons for new people to join the hobby
>don't run warhammertv or in store lessons
>don't write new rules
>aren't widely available
>no advertising

yes, truly the chinaman who steals resin from the factory to make nightrun knock offs is the hero we need

nevermind that if the parent companies go belly up there won't be anyone buying new resin for these dumb gooks to put into molds.
>>
>>53818719
I know it's bait but there is countless reasons why chinese recasts don't cost money, it's because the chinamen don't pay any capital to start the process

For one GW buys printing machines and moldmaking machines. They own several multi-million dollar machines, which also have maintenance etc etc

In china they just piggy back off the factory when the foreman isn't looking to make their illegal copies
>>
>>53820317
>>53820436
>itt people who don't understand economics

the lost sales of people buying from recasters don't actually exist - those people would have just opted not to buy minis instead of forking out for a price that's been set above what they're willing to pay. The whole thing is a natural outgrowth of prices being too high.
>>
>>53820385
>if the real company can't afford to pay its workers $0 then I have no sympathy

what?
>>
File: pic8068.jpg (22KB, 246x272px) Image search: [Google]
pic8068.jpg
22KB, 246x272px
>>53820436
Hi, you're wrong.
Go back to suckling on jewshop's cock.
Also in this category is lord of the rings before the hobbit, since it was barely advertised or supported for over 5 years.
>>
>>53820491
we understand economics, but this retard somehow believes the fate of the hobby rests on the shoulders of china
>>
>>53819543
Still they are the creators of my favourite hobby. I can save money and buy one box when i feel like it, so why not? I refuse to buy defective products though, or pay an insane amount of money for shitty resin. Last week i ordered 250€ of stuff (only one small forgeworld model) and i spent 85€ shipped. I bought the new rulebook and the index with part of the money i saved.
>>
>>53820498
bloodbowl had a HUGE spike in popularity with GW's re-release and advertising

so I don't know why you're salty?
>>
>>53820492
If you're so stupidly overcosted that ordering from a bootlegger in China is worth the time and possible shit quality then you've only got yourself to blame.
I'd happily pay $35 for 40 guys like many a historical company does, or even $25 for 12. But $90 for one squad of 10 is bananas.
>>
>>53820480
>multi-million dollar machines

A moulding machine ranges from approx £30000 to £300000.

Given the size and yearly volumes of GW stuff, i would say theirs are probably in the £50000-£100000 range
>>
>>53820532
I'm not salty, just telling you that games survive based on the community. Company support can easily reinforce or shatter said community.
Imagine 40k went to playing like War of the Ring and how that'd go down.
>>
>>53820385
so you'd be happy with nothing new? just the same stuff for decades before the molds become unusable? fucking shortsighted asshole
>>
>>53820587
it did, it was called apocalypse.
>>
>>53820694
The only shortsighted one is he who is too vapid to grow the game within their own community.
Even if you end up getting something like the 9th age out of it, and there will always be manufacturers.
>>
>>53820738
I doubt Apocalypse used movement trays, removed hitting altogether, and used characters as unit buffers.
Last time I played apoc Ghazkull's rok email boys landed on my own green tide and wiped my army off the map in one turn.
>>
>>53820760
not if you buy all your stuff forged from china. i'm not understanding how someone is so thick to not understand this.
>>
>>53820875
If the basic cost for entry is that fucking high you bet your used gaping ass I'm buying from china.
>>
Could some anon post pics of recasts they've gotten?

Also how do you find them? Everywhere i've looked says they only deal through direct emails and shit
>>
>>53820694
I have only played 4th ed 40k, Battlefleet Gothic, 6th edition Warhammer fantasy since those games were released, in so far as GW games.

I neither need nor want more. I don't even want 5th ed, despite loving the idea of Daemons as a list.
>>
>>53820875
>Original company dies
>HUR DUR THEN CHINA WILL STOP SELLING MODELS AS IF BY MAGIC!

Nah, they'll just sell them in more accessible ways thanks to a lack of legal bullshit, at least on the current level.
>>
>>53821003
ebay, aliexpress, I have a couple I bought from and then they sent an email invite to separate sites they'd set up.
>>
>>53818061
will do anything not to buy GW miniatures
>>
File: IA59rnz.jpg (166KB, 1511x688px) Image search: [Google]
IA59rnz.jpg
166KB, 1511x688px
I only have two emails (if some anon wants to share, well, thank you).
The question is, anyway, what's better? Z or Alpharius?
>>
>>53818500
People keep talking about this but all the recast stuff I've gotten has been exactly the right size.
>>
>>53821199
>>
File: 5702045841_80aeeef609.jpg (25KB, 335x228px) Image search: [Google]
5702045841_80aeeef609.jpg
25KB, 335x228px
>>53821199
I miss their dioramas and fun models.
>>
>>53821237
I don't know what to tell you, brocephus. The jump packs were small.
>>
>>53818061
>What is your experience with recasts?

I make shitty Brass miniatures using a homemade Arc Furnace.
>>
File: 1364109249868.jpg (83KB, 530x646px) Image search: [Google]
1364109249868.jpg
83KB, 530x646px
I would not have bothered with recasts if the original prices were not that high.

For example a single squad of death korps is 43 pounds without shipping in forgeworld . Add 15 percent shipping charge and it is now 49.45. rounded to 50 pounds.

50 pounds for 10 guys, is a very high price.
The chinaman prices vary but they sell the same for about 20 pounds with shipping . That is 60 percent cheaper.

In that case i would by from the chinaman.
But lets put a new scenario where fw reduced its prices to china levels and china reduced the prices at the same percent.
20 pounds for a squad of dkks and 12 pounds for china. Now the price difference does not look that big to the eyes and since the original price is not that steep i would buy the originals to support content that i like.

tl,dr: gw is shooting itself in the foot by high prices.

As for the recasters quality question it varies greatly but you can find out which ones are the best by searching easily. The best way to do that is only buy from those which are recommended as great by others.
>>
>>53821232
avoid z like plauge.
It has such a horrible quality and so bad resin that you cant even fix some parts even with hot water method.
>>
>>53821239
That guy was a /po legend - that isn't even a third of his shit.

Also he apparently preferred his stuff in black and white, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>53821419
Thank you.
I heard that CCON (or whatever it's name is) has a pretty good quality but I don't have the means to contact it
>>
>>53821489

I will give you a clue to find it out.
http://www.coolminiornot.com/
>>
>>53821437
>>53821239
That's pretty epic.

Did he share files of his shit?
>>
Anyone know who recasts lord of the ring stuff?
So much of that range is oop, not even listed as out of stock but just gone.
The hasharin, mahud king, haradrim king, fuck even the original Thranduil.
>>
>>53821523
Intriguing...
I don't know what to look for though.
I thought CMON was just to showcase painted models?
>>
>>53821618
Are you a GW narc?
>>
I like the idea of recasting, but I'm stupid and don't know where to go - and even if I did, who knows if they'd sell what I want?
>>
>>53821630
I wish. I probably would have a discount on their miniatures.
But no, no. If you are feeling generous, I have a throwaway: [email protected] :)
>>
>>53821661
>>53821630
Which just refreshed lol. It's [email protected]
Sorry
>>
>>53821641
You can try it yourself with greenstuff and bluestuff.
Just don't expect to get it right the first 30 times.
>>
>>53821549

They're just the Russian papercraft files:

https://pastebin.com/M12Xi3yK

I had to pastebin because over zealous spam filter just would not have that russian Facebook link in any damned form.
>>
>>53818061
My local HH group started with recasts because before plastics that was the only way to grow a community without spending a fortune. We still buy recasts because picture related, but we do group buys from FW whenever they come out with new books or transfers/dice.
>>
>>53818061
I wonder what it would look like if someone tried to sandcast an entire warhound titan out of alluminum.
>>
File: 1.jpg (743KB, 1575x2605px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
743KB, 1575x2605px
>>53818061
$6 from a recaster vs. $45 from GW. Probably required less clean up than the original too.
>>
The one thing I never understood about recast is why not just proxy something? The only time you actually need GW models is if you want to play in a GW store, and even then that's not a hard and fast rule.
>>
>>53822480
Because other players and the shop owner will tell you to fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>53822408
Would take forever

You'd have to build all the patterns first, making sure they have no undercuts and aren't too large - because you need to pour more aluminium than the casting to account for shrinkage.

You'd probably have to either heavily modify the original model to make it possible, or scratch build/print a Warhound with sand casting in mind.
>>
>>53821745
Thanks. Much appreciated m8.
>>
>>53821630
Anon? ;_;
>>
how do you get in contact with recasters?

i need a bunch of terminators
>>
>>53822727
start with google.
>>
>>53821737
Which is useful for models I do have, but not models I don't, unfortunately.
>>
>>53818061
Bought some Battlefleet Gothic stuff from Alieexpress. Gw took them down though and I don't know where to find them nowadays.

The models were great. Painted really nice and were not that expensive.
>>
>>53822727
https://mega.nz/#F!hEUhGZAD!Mqx_Xc2wNqdnLwVMMvijxg
>>
>>53818449
I bought a large box of china recasts. My experience was good, but there were flaws. Some models were marvelous, absolutely indistinquishable from forgeworld, etc. A handful were unusuable, and one had a missing head.

You save money but keep in mind you run some risks, must wait a long time (2 months) and washing them takes time and you'll have ot be willing to greenstuff some errors.
>>
>>53823062
>>53823099
Hey my caster from aliexpress is on that list!
>>
>>53823113
A lot of casters from Aliexpress who got shutdown move to doing direct orders via email. That way GW can't do anything about them.
>>
>>53823108
This. It's always a crapshoot with recasters, but certain sellers are better than others. I've never had a bad experience, but for those buying for the first time, be aware that you're looking at about a month of wait time.
>>
>>53819613

>Hitler Youth models

You know, I play BA, as Japan for that matter, and someone slapping Hitler Youth models down on the table just makes my skin crawl. It would be like me throwing down Korean forced labourers armed with rifles. Hell, if they ever do an Operation Downfall book (which given they've done Sealion is entirely plausible) I'd be fully justified in deploying 15 year old schoolgirls armed with bamboo spears and bows and arrows. Just because something existed in the real world doesn't mean you should be actually using it on the tabletop.
>>
>>53823182
Triggered much?
>>
I bought Gutrot Spume among some other things from Z, and didn't get to go through my package till months later. He was missing his head. Not sure what I can do in this circumstance, unfortunately. Too much time has passed I doubt he'll send me a head and his english is so bad anyway.
>>
>>53823108

That ratio of good to fucked sounds better than GW and forgeworld quality control.
>>
>>53823226
I've never bought forgeworld so I wouldn't know.. Never really delt wiht resin either, Im new to this hobby. Among my set was some missing parts, great unclean one's sword was warped pretty bad, my deathshroud terminators legs were all heavily mold slipped, and some minor problems here and there. Overall I got a damngood bargain.
>>
>>53823182
I'd love Korean schoolgirls armed with bamboo spears and bows and arrows.
>>
>>53823226
Oh yeah, alot of broken shit too. Mostly knives. Old style plague marines holding their knifes, half of the knives were broken off. Fixable but abit annoying.
>>
>>53823226
>buy finecast
>bubbles, loss of detail, and bent weapon
I miss pewter.
>>
>>53823108
Honestly, this just sounds like a conversionfags dream. Good models cheap as shit and it doesn't matter that they are flawed, because they were going to be hacked up and sculpted on anyway.
>>
>>53823355
It is. Especially as many recasters throw in extra bits and sell all sorts of individual bits as well. I got enough parts in my Daemon Prince kit to make two of the suckers.
>>
>>53823099
Wtf man take that down
>>
>>53823763
why? calm down
>>
>>53823874
WHY? fuck you, child. this is why nothing gold can stay
>>
>>53823182
The nips were much more savage than the hitler youth you fucking weeb.
>>
>>53823099
Thanks, I just sent this to GW.
>>
>>53823929
>this is why nothing gold can stay
yeah man fucking nazis bringing down thieves, how dare they?
>>
>>53820436
>new resin
>this resin absolutely has to be stolen from failcast supplies and not made like 90% of small mini companies (Zealot, Troll Forged etc) do
Full retard
>>
>>53823763
Pretty sure they change the link frequently.
>>
>>53820587
>just telling you that games survive based on the community.
the community is created by original developers though, eventhough BB survived without support, it only survived, it didn't thrive and it definitely wouldn't be born without GW. Chinamen remain leeches and definitely not saviours. If you don't like GW prices(like i do) you don't need to give money to literal thieves, you can just buy other stuff. They aren't saving anyone or anything.
>>
>>53822294
>>53824430
>>
>>53823099
Thanks anon, now TAKE THIS SHIT DOWN
>>
>>53824430
I literally can't buy a lot of stuff from GW Because they no longer make them.
>>
>>53824522
i don't think you got my point, getting you some stuff you can't afford/don't want to buy for that price isn't saving shit, there were thousands of ways to proxy that community into existance, from using 40k stuff to conversions to fucking pieces of paper until people liked it enough to justify investing, without even considering just playing something cheaper. Giving money to thieves is not the only way and they are not saviors
>>53824666
That sounds good, but is also beside the point.
>>
>all these poorfags talking about how they can't afford- er..."refuse to pay" for their toys
>"w-w-w-w-why would i pay that much when i can get identical recasts for less than half off!"
>mfw all the posts about shitty recast quality

You guys are stupid. Not because of your spending habits, but because you're using cost cutting as your primary basis of determining your hobby expenditure.

The entire hobby is pointless spending, if you truly want to be "efficient" with your money, you don't buy miniatures at all.
>>
>>53824257
travel to china and personally tackle someone on their way to the recasting factory and maybe you wouldn't be lower than a second-grade tattle tale
>>
>>53824750
Keep following that logic until you're killing rats with sticks to feed yourself while living naked in a garbage dump because anything else is pointless spending, and then we wont be subjected to your inane posts because you wont have a computer
>>
>>53824760
come here and tackle me and maybe you wouldn't be lower then a first grade tattle tale
>>
>>53824744

>fucking pieces of paper

Isn't the end result the same though? Either way people aren't paying the company for models but a community is created that will pay for the rules.
>>
>>53824744
It's not beside the point.
I don't give a shit about 40k, I'll happily buy passable bootlegs and encourage people to do so if asked.
Only reason I even have a 40k army is because that's what everyone plays.
Lord of the rings though? That shit's far more personal. I won't bitch at someone for buying recasts but I can't bring myself to not support it despite all the kikery geedubs has done with the poor thing. But I can't even do that because they don't even have most of the models on sale and they go for stupid prices on ebay.
>>
>>53824744
The only reason people are interested in HH in passing by is because of the models. You think anyone would give a shit if they walked by and saw regular 40k models or god forbid fucking paper proxies? You don't grow a community with that bland shit.

Just say you don't like recasters and move on, anything more is verbal diarrhea.
>>
>>53818905
If I was paying for the american prices it would be fine. However charging double and then blocking sales to my country(NZ) from outside is just rage inducing
>>
>>53824910
it's not the same becuase giving someone a profit for his piracy is different from just using a product you didn't pay for. But my point wasn't piracy is the devil, just that they are not saviours.Don't move the goalpost.
>>53824993
i was only thinking of alive game in my first and second reply, i guess they do provide a good service to a dead game.
>>
Can we just sage this thread before GW notices it?
Thank you.
>>
>>53825101
Eh the MEGA has only shitty recasters. The good ones aren't listed.
>>
>>53824873
this follows logically
>>
How does one register on Sylvia White's website?
>>
>>53825092
>lord of the rings is dead
What a nice meme.
>>
>>53825092
I still don't get what you're trying to convey here. If additional communities that pay for rules are being created doesn't that benefit the game?
>>
>>53825174
vi wasn't memeing, thought the hobbit was considered and treated as a different game? I have no idea about anything concerning the game.
>>53825062
my initial point wasn't even against chinaman, just again saying they are saviours, i am not against chinamen
>>
>>53825251
Sure they're not saviours, they're democratizers.
>>
>>53825134
don't worry you will get when you reach second grade.
>>
>>53825251
The hobbit is the same game with a different name.
Same rules, old models are still valid, and the only changes are some really dumb things like 12 guys a hero and special strikes.
That and the power creep.
>>
>>53821003
https://imgur.com/a/tB9GG
>>
>>53825716
That looks like plastic.
>>
>>53825908
Yes, and? Do you prefer pewter?
>>
>>53825945
I thought they only did resin.
But can they do pewter?
>>
>>53825090

I feel ya man, I fell out of the hobby cause shit was way too expensive. That and my skaven never won... and I wasn't working full-time... and had noone to play with... hmmm...
>>
>>53825986
Depends on the caster. The people I buy my Epic and Warmaster stuff from do pewter.
>>
>>53826827
They do warmaster?
I can finally get my Araby army.
>>
Looking to start an Elysian army in the near future, which chinaman does the best IG-scale infantry?

Alpharius is the best, but he doesn't sell Elysians. :-(
>>
>>53820491
Holy shit you completely misunderstood the economics you're talking about.

You're "quoting" an argument against inflated multi-million "lost sales" in video games piracy regarding their habit of treating pirated files 1:1 piracy:lost sale. Not that it's actually 1:0

You are daft as fuck.

Like all things, recast/piracy kills the Indies but have little effect on the mainstream sellers.

Chinacasts completely fucked up the "garage kit" model artists.
>>
>>53819615
Play a different game then
Don't act like you're not a thieving cunt because the product is expensive
You're essentially a man with a fake gucci handbag
>>
>>53828145
Sorry it makes you feel bad about your full price Gucci, brosefina.
>>
>>53819613
i love that set
>>
I think I'm in the minority, as I have bought from both a few chinacasters and FW and now buy exclusively legit FW, even if it means I get less stuff.

I have a few reasons, but the primary one is customer service. for chinacasts there isn't any, but for FW whenever I've had a problem with parts or other defects all it takes is a call and a few photos and they sort it out perfectly well. Granted I don't really do mass infantry, just vehicles and infantry upgrade kits.

The other reason I have taken to buying FW is they use a lower-temperature resin than the chinacasters, which is more expensive but allows easy heat bending of parts for assembly and more importantly conversion work, while the high-temperature stuff used by recasters has to be near-boiling if it bends at all before it reaches melt.

Do they pricegouge? probably, but I've come to the decision that between the ease of working with the FW material and customer service, I'd rather pay the extra once than the china rate twice or three times to get what I was after.
>>
File: 1423019929637.jpg (22KB, 480x315px) Image search: [Google]
1423019929637.jpg
22KB, 480x315px
>>53828145
>exchange of currency for goods and services
>thieving
>>
>>53825120
Which are the good ones then?

I saw some random ebay stuff from Russia and Italy, are they better quality?
>>
>>53828605
Nobody is going to tell you the good ones. Also eBay is shit, never get recasts from eBay.
>>
>>53826868
None of the casters in this thread do Warmaster. If you're part of the Warmaster scene in the UK then you'll probably know some people who know a guy who does metal recasts. If not go online and make some friends in the community. They'll point you in the right direction.
>>
>>53828609
I can't even find recasts in ebay.
>>
>>53828609
Dammit, i want in on the sekrit club
>>
>>53828640
Just type 'Forge World'. 9/10 times, it's a recast.
>>
>>53828651
Takes about 10mins of googlefu search reddit recasts china and follow the trail.
>>
>>53822448
That was 30 not 45
Also it was meant to be limited
Ur a shitty guy
>>
>>53828744
Why are you getting mad at someone because a company made a model expensive and limited? You literally have flawed logic.
>>
>>53818477
if anything it would be the ghost of Deng Xiaoping
>>
>>53828744
>What is £ and what is $.
>>
>>53828808

>>53828744 is just butt hurt he paid full price or more for a model that required flash and moldline removal. It's the only legitimate reason people complain about recasters.

Otherwise it's 'muh hobby is being ruined wahhwaaahhh' which is not the case.
>>
>>53828715
10 minutes of googlefu and reddit gets the ones in the mega link which are all rated very high.
>>
The Australian Horus Heresy scene would not be a thing if it weren't for recasts.
>>
>>53828919
They're only rated high because nobody wants buyer's remorse.
>>
>>53820492

If warhammer didn't exist, would you play it?

The level of retardation on this board is over my head
>>
I prefer to send my money to a country that would actually side with mine in a world war, so off to the UK it goes.
Also im not a massive cheap ass so I really don't mind the prices of most models.
I bought recasts once and they had so many bubbles and huge mold lines that I basically had to chisel a model out of a humanoid-shaped shard of plastic.
>>
>>53828925
The Australian scene period wouldn't exist without Chinese waifus.
>>
>>53829042
You sound like a massive faggot, I'm guessing American.
>>
>>53828939
Seriously yoyhammer is a joke for reviews. The average review score is a 8.9/10
>>
>>53828919
Any thing Pre-CAD is going to be garbage from recasters. Everything else will be decent.
>>
>>53828939
>>53829132
Then why am i being directed to reddit if they are rating shitty recasters?
>>
>>53828197
It doesn't
It irks me that you want to smoke our weed without throwing down a few dollars
You're a bum
>>
>>53828562
>being an adult and not an edgy mongloid

Forgot where I was
Intellectual property manchild
>>
>>53829042
My nig
>>
>>53829268
Your models aren't consumed when someone else buys similar ones from a third party.
>>
>>53829333
Are you really this simple
Think larger infantile one
>>
>>53829392
>crying over someone not buying lego
You're the infant.
>>
Legitfags should be happy that recasters are here for us poorbois.

Without recasters we cant afford the hobby.
Without us you have less people to play against.
With less people the local scene is more likely to die out.
When it dies out, GW doesnt get any customers at all and the local shop closes.

I still buy real stuff but its way too expensive to build the army i want without supplementing with chinaman.
>>
File: 1420318986410.jpg (90KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
1420318986410.jpg
90KB, 500x710px
>>53829291
>defends (((intellectual monopolies)))
>calls anyone else a thief
>>
One word.

Chapterhouse. Third Party companies ruined GW. It was the Chapterhouse lawsuit that slapped GW with the reality that anything they design MUST be copyrighted instantly.
>>
>>53829630
GW ruined GW. All they had to do was actually make the damn things or even show conversions of said things and how.
>>
>>53829672
>Even show conversions of said things

That didn't help because GW DID have conversions of Mysetic spores.

You're basically arguing it's GW's fault they didn't make a model for EVERYTHING and trademark EVERYTHING like they're doing now.
>>
>>53821232
Z generally is the go to place for FW

Plastic kits are very hit or miss.
>>
>>53829432
If you're too poor to afford the plastic crack, stop attempting to play.

Every Chinaman player I met has always been a crusty inbred grognard simply too cheap to pay for their hobby.
>>
>>53829685
>make rules for something
>don't make that something
>get pissy over people selling someone that something you were not selling
>>
>>53820491
>the lost sales of people buying from recasters don't actually exist

I also know a lot of people who make it a point to support GW and FLGS on the things that arent massive rip offs.

Theyre getting more apt to now that 8th has dropped with support too.

People act like GW didnt create the recast market.
>>
>>53829724
That's every 40k player I've met, so I guess we're even.
>>
>>53829724
PEMN
>>
>>53829739
>Make rules for units so people can convert their own
>Chapterhouse comes in and literally steals the copyright for those names of those units
>GW can now not make units for those rules they made ages ago
>People whine they can't buy those units

And now people whining about Bloodsecrator Bloodcrusher bloodknights, It's chapterhouses fault we lost things like Looted wagons.

Especially things like looted wagons.
>>
>>53829758
Speak english.
>>
In all seriousness, though, can someone explain to me why GW doesn't lower their prices at least somewhat?
I can't tell you how many people I've gotten interested in the game only to have them nope the fuck out when they saw the price tags. They end up either not getting into it at all, or else just buy into one of the shitty knockoffs like warmachine instead.
If they just lowered their prices across the board a little they'd reel in SO many more buyers that will otherwise go to mantic, privateer, or fantasy flight
>>
>>53818061
I've only had two experiences with recasts so far. The first wasn't so great- I got an order of Battlesuits from Based Chinaman, and it took them damn near 3 months to show up; after I prodded him further. They were actually pretty good overall once they did arrive, though perhaps a little brittle. This was way back in 2013.

The second time was only a couple weeks ago. I ordered from a guy calling himself Mr. Smuggler who runs his own business called BlackMarketMiniatures. He actually sent me a friend invite over Facebook way before I ever bought anything. Kinda neat, kinda weird. In any event though, I got a Krieg Quartermaster from him for 10$. It took 2-3 weeks, but it was shockingly high quality. Could easily pass for the original. The guy's clearly based in Russia too.

I'd strongly endorse BlackMarketMiniatures, but their catalogue is somewhat spotty. He does recasts for a variety of games besides Warhammer, but the selection is often only 3-10 models.
>>
>>53818061
The only recasts I've ever gotten have been for plastic miniatures, so despite it being cheaper it's still resin vs plastic, and resin with plenty of cast defects for that matter. In the end I honestly don't think the amount I save is actually worth it when I consider the excess time lost to clean up, repair, and put together the recasts.

Nowadays if I want a GW model I buy legitimate stuff second hand. It's far more reliable quality for the same price as China resin, with the only caveat being that I don't get to pick what I want when I want it, but I don't really play GW games anymore so that hardly even matters. The only legitimate purchase I've made from GW in the last 6 years has been a four man box of push-fit Guardians to round out an I assembled 16 man box I got second-hand for 20 dollarydoos.
>>
>>53832905
>I assembled
unassembled*
>>
>>53832692
Based Mr Smuggler, the fact he does/did limited edition character models and long OOP shit makes him my favourite recaster of all
>>
>>53829772
They aren't stealing if GW wasn't selling to begin with.
>>
>>53829792
Personal
Experience
Matters
Nothing
>>
File: IMG_0310.jpg (68KB, 736x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0310.jpg
68KB, 736x492px
>>53819074
>high quality stuff like Infinity

Congratulations on writing the stupidest fucking thing I've read this month.
>>
>>53823980
I think he means it feels wrong to send fake children to their deaths.
>>
>>53833279
nice bait shill. all you've proved is that infinity can make female minis look female and that they did truescale years before chadmarines were a thing.

And the only shitty thing in that pic is the paintjob. But to the untrained eye, I can see why you thought they were bad.
>>
>>53818505
Chinese culture is degenerate and encourages lying, cheating, scamming, and killing others to get your way.
>>
>>53833364
The pernicious Mandarins of the inscrutable Orient lack honour and good character. Minds rotten from opium and other vices, they are prone to idleness and roused only by a savage love of cruelty.
>>
>>53825090
So much this. NZ and Australia are seriously fucked over by geedubs. I don't order recast shit but I'm sorely tempted, knowing we're being gouged as badly as we are.

Makes me wonder why we answered the call of the commonwealth. My uncle died in Europe defending the UK from the Germans. Maybe if the ANZACS hadn't interfered, the UK would be run by Germans, and GW would be efficient and fairly priced.
>>
>>53833459
Thanks to the Russians and Americans that still wouldn't have come to pass. Besides, you guys had more to worry about from Japan.
History sperging aside geedubs fucks everyone over with their bullshit pricing, even UK nationals
>>
File: IMG_0690.jpg (75KB, 620x410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0690.jpg
75KB, 620x410px
>>53833345
>shill

And what am I shilling for?
Been playing war games for 33 years and Infinity is nothing special.

I suspect that it is you that is the shill.
>>
>>53833482
>Russians and Americans

You mean those nations that waited three or four years before joining in? You do realise that without the Commonwealth sacrificing its empire there would have been no war for them to join?
>>
>>53833594
Hitler was going to eventually go after the Soviets regardless of how the rest of the war went, and a full invasion of the British Isles was flat-out impossible for Germany to pull off since the Royal Navy utterly outclassed the Kriegsmarine.
>>
>>53833594
Soviets did more than the western allies did. All the best german troops and equipment got sent to the Eastern Front.
>>
>>53833742
The soviets that waited to be attacked before joining in? What a shame they waited so long.

And operation Sea Lion was only cancelled because of the need to commit to Barbarossa, not because the British Navy was a threat.

>>53833783
See post above. Neither of you teenagers have addressed my point, which is that when the UK called, Australia and New Zealand answered the call while France rolled over, the Eagle looked the other way, and the Bear hid in his cave.

And GW's way of rewarding the solidarity and blood shed in defence of the UK is to sell shit cheaper in fucking Germany, Russia and America than in Australia or New Zealand.

Seriously, we pay a good 30-40% more across the board. No wonder recasters are having a field day.
>>
>>53834127
>France rolled over
Nu-uh. We were defeated like chumps. Big difference.
>>
>>53834127
>doesn't understand economics
Australisia is the other side of the world to where these are made never mind Australia butt fucks any imports through tax
>>
>>53833556
>Been playing war games for 33 years
Sure thing anon, everyone on here has...

Guess I gotta put you up to speed gramps, so here's mini comparisons 101.
Corvus B sculpts are really good in terms of production quality and level of detail, but their aesthetically weaboo as fuck and that can turn lots of people off it, including myself at times. It's also buals out jewxpensive.
GW makes very good plastic kits. The detail and scale aren't quite on par with infinity, but the level of customization and the production quality in terms of plastic more than makes up for it.
Privateer Press suck at making minis in terms of production, but at least they try to do dynamic poses. Aesthetic, it's really a hit or miss.

That's it for the major wargame producers, now write it down somewhere before your alzheimers kick in.
>>
>>53834213
Well to be fair, the French made a massive mistake in relying on fortifications that were easily bypassed by the new mobile warfare. They prepared to refight WW1 instead of getting ready for WW2.

Also, during the withdrawal at Dunkirk, many French units fought tooth and nail to allow the Brits time to get off the beach. The fall of France was due to the arrogance and stupidity of their leaders, not the pride and fighting spirit of their soldiers.
>>
>>53834127
They'd set up a non-aggression pact, you clown. The Soviet army was desperately in need of new equipment. And you're completely forgetting the fact the Battle of Britain proved the Luftwaffe couldn't stop any landing from turning into a turkey shoot for ground forces, the Navy and RAF.
>the Eagle looked the other way
Lend-Lease motherfucker, do you know it?
>teenagers
Nigga I'm nearly thirty
>>
>>53834280
Hong Kong, South Africa and Korea are also on the other side of the world and pay less for GW stuff than we do. And please name this 'import tax' that adds 20-30% to the cost of GW products when when British foodstuffs (I personally like Irn Bru and McVities Hob Nobs) are THE SAME FUCKING PRICE as they are in the UK after adjusting for currency difference.

>>53834309
You can save the lecture, kid. 1972 representing. I own GW stuff dating back to 1985, first-run Cygnar, and more. I know shit miniatures when I see them, and Infinity's stuff is overrated.

Still, at least they're better than Mantic.
>>
>>53834467
>shitting on Corvus Belli and Mantic
opinion discarded, Mantic has gotten a lot better in recent years and their terrain kicks ass
>>
>>53820436
>don't make new models
Funny that, Alpharius sells a custom-sculpt Word Bearers Cataphractii upgrade kit, is working on new Kasrkin models, and has a few other similar things in the pipe.
>>
>>53834489
Mantic just can't do Heroic scale for shit.
>>
>>53834348
Wow, a non-aggression pact. That totally stopped them from attacking each other, just like Chamberlain's 'scrap of paper'.

The Soviets had enough equipment to fuck up the invasion of Finland earlier, and (newsflash) Barbarossa didn't suddenly cause KV's and T-34's appear out of thin air.

>muh Battle of Britain
A desperate action that fortunately came off (not that the Brits had a choice). By 1940 the Commonwealth had been mauled and were issuing 'invasion pikes' for defence. Look it up.

>muh lend lease
War profiteering by the US that made no significant difference to the war before 1942-43. Would have been nice if those cunts had joined in like men rather than just selling shit from the comfort of their safe little country like shit-tier Jews.
>>
>>53834489
Most of their fantasy stuff is absolute garbage, but I'll agree that they've gotten better, and their recent terrain and enforcer jetbikes are really nice.
>>
>>53834608
Desperate action my arse, if a Spitfire or Hurricane went down over dry land the pilot could head back to their airbase and strap into a second one. If a 109/110 was shot down and their pilot survived they were fucked. Also, radar.

>'mericans could have jumped in at any time
Because the American public were totally on board with another fucking war in Europe, definitely. Jesus, go sit down with The World At War.
>>
>>53834467
>mantic
I just realized they have a walking dead game.
>>
>>53818061
I once bought a contemptor dreadnaught. He came in missing an arm and head. And the quallity of the cast was so terrible that he became a piece of terrain. Along with him I bought a set of FW Thousand Sons heads. Maybe one of the ten heads was atleast barely usable.

Will never buy a chinacast again after that
>>
>>53834310
Oh yeah no, Dunkirk is forgotten wayyy too often. Oh well, it's not like we really care about anglo-saxons wanking themselves over the world wars.
>>
>>53834489
They still kinda suck though
>>
>>53834666
The radar that didn't work once the Luftwaffe crossed the coast.

The RAF air-sea rescue team that didn't even exist before 1941, whereas the Germans had rescue squadrons even before the Battle of Britain.

The minority of pilots that survived both being shot down and bailing out.

The American public that refused to go to war when there was a moral imperative to do so, then swooped in at the last minute when the tide had already turned on the Axis, and has never since shut the fuck up about how putting the boot in at the last minute makes them better than either of the two nations that were in from start to finish.

Stop getting your history lessons from Hollywood anon, Ben Affleck is an actor, and wasn't really a fighter pilot in WW2.
>>
>>53834836
"Moral imperative" means nothing in a world where fascism was a valid political stance. You seem to forget that until they entered the war America had the Silver Shirts cheerleading for the Nazis.
>le hollywood movies
Ben Affleck played a fighter pilot? Which movie?
>>
>>53834836
There was no moral imperative for the US to join in. It wasn't our fight to begin with, and the world's become worse off for our involvement afterwards.
>>
>>53834489
>Mantic has gotten better

So has chemotherapy and plenty of people still die to cancer
>>
>>53818061
Didn't CCON use to have normal tacs?
What's up with all the blood angels?
>>
>>53831782
Because they are still run by fools who look into short term profits over long term gains. They price things not on their material costs, but rather how strong they are in their games, I guess because they are afraid that their sculpts aren't good enough to capture the hobby painter market...
>>
File: KasrkinLegs.png (125KB, 261x250px) Image search: [Google]
KasrkinLegs.png
125KB, 261x250px
>>53834533
>Kasrkin
Can't wait, I'll be using those as the basis for a new stormtrooper army I'm planning to build.
>>
>>53818061
My only problem with recasts, is that it directly hurts FLGS. I don't like GW, but I do like my stores and their owners, so I think its kind of an asshole move to buy recasts and than play in their store.
>>
>>53833126
It is if you decide that you want to keep GW from ever making or selling the model in question though.
>>
>>53834893
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Ben+Affleck+fighter+pilot+movie

Jesus fucking Christ, you've just displayed perfectly the fact that you're unable to conduct even the simplest tucking forms of independent research. And I'm supposed to respect your knowledge of history?
>>
>>53835382
I have even bigger with Wayland Games and other online discount retailers.

They are doing so much more for destroying small game stores than recasters
>>
>>53835468
I have better things to do than look up dreck with him in it. Like bathing.
>>
>>53835382
My FLGS can't order forge world, he is fine with recasted forge world models/stuff he can't get in. He would rather me save money by buying recasts, spending the saving stuff in the store, than me getting fucked over by FW prices, meaning I have to spend 70 CAD on a squad of Krieg infantry rather than 20. Not counting shipping.
>>
>>53835382
My group only buys FW recasts, store owner doesn't give a shit since he can't buy that stuff at cost anyway.
>>
>>53829724
When was the last time you saw someone buy blood knights for full price
>>
>>53835589
>>53835615
FW recasts are one thing, it doesnt hurt small retailers

What I really dislike are GW recasts and especially people buying them and flaunting them like its some hardcore rebellion
>>
>>53818905
>price gouging
Having running costs in not the same thing as price gouging. Plenty of other companies compete with GW and all of them have similar or higher pricing or compromise in some way to reduce costs. The fact of the matter is, bringing miniatures to market is an expensive business and the target audience is small and not especially inclined to pay a fortune for them.
>>
File: 1407289599998.png (11KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1407289599998.png
11KB, 390x470px
>>53834836
>when there was a moral imperative to do so
>>
File: china.jpg (122KB, 986x810px) Image search: [Google]
china.jpg
122KB, 986x810px
>>53818061
I bought exactly one miniature from China. Pic related.

Quality was way better than what i expected. Price was dirt cheap. Like $5 including shipping or something.

I'd rate it 9/10 and would definitively buy again, but i kinda lost interest in GW stuff at this point. But if i ever want more warhammer stuff i know where to get it.
>>
>>53823182
yeah, that set is a bit creepy. next on the agenda, polish partisan message runners, ages 7 and up.
>>
>>53835814
Explain multipart plastic kits from historical companies that are smaller, but also have way smaller sales volumes. A bigger company has a bigger overhead, but also vastly more sales.
>>
>>53836864
Less design work, more competition
>>
>>53836945
>Less design work
There's at least as much design work going into making prussian infantry of that exact theater of the war as there is going into making Primaris Marines, if not more because you can't just throw stuff at the wall that looks good.

>more competition
Meaning that the prices of many SciFi und Fantasy Kits are inflated by choice, not necessity.
>>
>>53835726

Gnerally i bouy stuff like premiere mini sold only during red moons and shit like that.
I don't care: 50 $ on the black market of ebay are enough for a 8 $ mini
>>
File: masrgb4hNFmmH.jpg (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
masrgb4hNFmmH.jpg
12KB, 256x256px
>FW taking as long as chinaman to get my models to me
>at exorbitant shipping prices
>doesnt even send out the index book that i preordered so it arrives at release day

See this is what gets me. I try to go by the book so the least i ask for is a premium customer experience.
Some sort of benefit for making an honest purchase.
Make it more convenient than Chinaman otherwise i have practically no reason to buy more stuff from you.
>>
I have bought recasts from Z and ccon,

Z was very meh, got I Titan from ccon can't even tell it apart once there is paint on it, 10/10 China man

Morally I have no problem ordering stuff from them when the models are either grossly over priced (Titans) older the. Fucking Moses and still charged at full release price (chaos warriors) or. I longer produced models (BFG and things like the hell cannon)

I tend not to order newer models.
>>
>>53828390
>near boiling
Brah who did you buy from? I just got done heating and bending a bunch of reaver Titan armor plates with out any issues from CCon.
>>
>>53829000
>If warhammer didn't exist, would you play it?

What if we woke up and we were already Dead? How would we live in such a World?
>>
>>53837615
Like the ancient mesopotamians, and with vast amounts of H.G. Well's little wars.
>>
>>53837340
I've seen recasted models in better quality than FW ones
>>53837451
>ccon
I have its old mail (the one ending with 163) but it doesn't work anymore. Does he have a new one?
>>
>>53837649
Well that's most of them, but he will respond to his old ones it just takes time, my advice would be send in another mail trying to get his new contact. I don't think he has a new one? If you messaged him back in like nov-feb probably not gonna get a response right away, he gets swamped during those times.
>>
>>53837615
Mother fucker how you gonna wake up dead.
>>
>>53837500
Only idiots still use boiling water to bend large pieces of resin. Spend $20 and buy a heat gun. Works fine on all chinaman shit. Just wear a breathing mask and do it outside.
>>
>>53819827
how much are your wages? your insurance? how much is it to own the land your building is on? how much is the power bill? i bet all that in the UK is miles more then they pay in china
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (9KB, 225x195px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
9KB, 225x195px
>even as a recast Smaug is over $100
How big is this bitch?
>>
>>53837872

Large models still cost a relatively decent chunk of money. They're not giving out shit for free.
>>
>>53829000
I'm not playing Warhammer in the first place, so I'm good.
>>
>>53823182
I'd love some Tojo volunteer defence corp models just not from warlord as their recent japs have been pretty poor (bamboo spear fighters) get Paul hicks doing some and I'd buy a few boxes for some jap invasion games.
>>
>>53837808
Bout to say I just use a hair dryer
>>
>>53837933
>over 5 pounds
That seems excessive.
Now I wonder the weight if it had been made in pewter.
>>
>>53837963
Given the approximations here:
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/density-solids-d_1265.html
10/1.07
9.34:1
soooo - 2.4 kg * 9.34 = 21.87 kg
soooooooo
48.2 pounds
>>
>>53837963
I think about 9kgs, it would have been 13.8kgs in the old Lead Alloy

I weighed a lot of models cast in different materials (on a digital scales) recently.

Generally Pewter is 3.75 times heavier and Lead Alloy is 5.75 times heavier.

Although I obviously don't know the exact resin they used on Smaug - it could be unusually heavy for no raisin.
>>
Been searching for a recast Ghakhul but none of the storefront type deals have them.

Afraid to use weird ass paypal email shit that Z requires.
>>
>>53838111
>>53838154
Shit, I'd be willing to pay the premium for such a ludicrous thing.
>>
>>53836945
>>53836987
Its different design work, not less.
>>
>>53838200
It's fine I have done it 3 times now no issues.
>>
File: QUESTORIS KNIGHT STYRIX.jpg (818KB, 2162x2912px) Image search: [Google]
QUESTORIS KNIGHT STYRIX.jpg
818KB, 2162x2912px
I dig the recasts.
>>
sweet deals!
>>
>>53819827
I hear the initial cost of plastic molds is high. Y/N?
>>
>>53840223
Higher than lead casting, which is affordable to a dude in a garage selling miniatures as a hobby.
Negligible once economy of scale kicks in.
>>
>>53837740
I sent him a mail but google sent it back to me. I think the mail is deleted
>>
>>53840223

GW-quality mold plates were going for ~$75,000 back when they released the Land Raider kit (they pointed out the price in a WD issue). These days they're down around ~$10-20,000, depending on a fair number of factors.

Still, an outlay of $10-20k for an injection mold plate is a LOT of money for the vast majority of game companies. And that's "per plate", if you end up with 100+ SKUs like Warmahordes, Infinity, or GW has, and it adds up to real money really quick. If you're expecting to sell 20,000+ minis out of a plate, then injection molding really makes sense. If you're expecting to sell <5,000 minis of a particular cast (ie, 90% of everything that isn't GW), then it doesn't.

There's other variables in the equation as well. You can get Chinese manufacturers to do cheaper plates for ~$5k, but your minis will look shitty (or be shitty plastic) and/or you won't even get your product and the Chinese will keep the money. Catalyst had the first problem with their starter box minis for Battletech, and they had the latter problem with Leviathans.

With that said, the actual cost of having somebody run the machine and the cost of the materials is orders of magnitude lower for injection molding. Spin casting is slow and labor intensive, and a lead/tin mix gets more expensive pretty much every year, while plastic doesn't.
>>
>>53841142
How long do those molds last?
>>
>>53841479
Some scale model companies are still using molds cut back in the sixties.

Spin casting moulds are "consumables", you'll be making new ones from your masters on a regular basis. Better make sure the masters are durable.
>>
Who's the chinaman with the best krieg infantry?
>>
>>53833387
This, but replace opium with money and it's literally true and not ironic.
>>
>>53836561
You're basically playing Come and See: the Game at that point. Crazy shit (but a good movie).
>>
>>53823182
Stfu before you ruin civil war gaming for everyone you sjw
>>
the only recasts I would get are ones that are resin recasts of metal or fine cast models. You pay less and get the model upgraded to a superior material

I would never buy a plastic model recast in resin I don't know how you guys put up with that shit. I only ever work with resin if it's the only choice or the lesser of two evils, hence the metal and finecast thing

Resin to resin is meh. You save money but pay in risk/time. I don't have time to fuck around with bad casts, potentially slow replacements, etc so I just spend more on FW for guaranteed rush replacements and not potentially getting a smelly or crumbly shitcast

If I were unemployed and had tons of time and not as much money then sure
>>
>>53841479

Mostly what >>53841479 said, but it also depends on the level of detail in the molds and the materials being used. Even with injection molding plates, detail *does* fade after a long while. But expecting 20+ years out of an injection mold is completely reasonable.

Meanwhile, spin casting molds are made of rubber and will wear out after a few hundred spins. Your master molds are used only to cast new pieces to construct additional "production" molds. Of course, this takes time and effort away from casting actual stuff to sell, so many companies use production molds that have worn out or been exposed to too much heat (see also: Mongoose). A new production mold takes about 3-7 days to make, but you can do other stuff during the last few days while it's being compressed into shape.
>>
>>53823300
>>53823226

Stop buying old FW kits. Their more ancient products are all shit, that's why you get so many shit plague marine knives and unfitting thunder Hawks and storm Eagles. That shit is over 7-10 year olds with no mold refresh, idiots.

The only good FW casts are the new shit that comes out because they have yet to be raped by hundreds of thousands of sweaty marine and Nurglen cocks hammering in and out of their rubbery, fleshlight-like molds.
>>
>>53824808
>implying necessities are pointless spending
>in response to a post clearly differentiating between pointless hobby expenditures and basic necessities

Way to prove recastfags are stupid as fuck.
>>
>>53818061
Generally fairly good. On close inspection they are very noticeably inferior quality to the real thing and require lots of clean up just to get half decent results, but once painted and viewed from several feet away, they do the job and are very passable.

My advice however is always avoid china casts of plastic model kits, the drop in quality and the inconvenience are not worth the marginal drop in price on all but the largest and most expensive models. They go together and are still passable from a distance, but the sheer amount of work required just to assemble them and the problems with really small or thin parts is just not worth it.
>>
File: 1496598009586.png (83KB, 1380x876px) Image search: [Google]
1496598009586.png
83KB, 1380x876px
>>53828145
>>53829268
>>53828562
>that salted sperging of a man getting fucked over badly by GW

You should apply to GWs shill team so you can afford more of their models
>>
>>53821232
What email have you got for z because I used to buy a lot from him but it's been a while and he isn't getting back to me, I've found it generally pretty good hence wanting to order again.
>>
>>53842641
>implying they can't afford all the models they want already

Not everybody is as poor as you
>>
File: 1431575093610.jpg (166KB, 1044x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1431575093610.jpg
166KB, 1044x1084px
>>53829706

I've recently bought £200 of Forge World stuff off him, how fucked am I?
>>
>>53818061
Got a recast Corax, arrived fairly quickly. Part of the jump pack was not quite right, the guy sent another entire model completely free of charge. Besides that jump pack bit it was perfect, and now I have two of the damn things.
>>
>>53828145
>Don't act like you're not a thieving cunt
You're wrong but I would happily steal from GW, it would give me great pleasure, I'd strip them bare if I could.
>>
>>53843196

Make one packless and battle damaged to play Istvaan rescue missions in 30K or Corax returned from the Warp in 40K
>>
>>53842799
Is the email you're contacting him at 163?
>>
>>53828145
>thieving
>they haven't lost any sales because I sure as fuck wasn't buying at that price and they still have their stock
If anything it's piracy, and I do not need to justify piracy beyond the laughter of many black men.
>>
>>53843279
Yeah
>>
>>53843343
This is the truth, GW haven't lost a single sale from me because everything I've bought I would never have paid their price for it.
>>
>>53843381
The one with the number chain?
>>
File: 1495336647139.png (43KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1495336647139.png
43KB, 557x605px
>>53842869
>gets fucked in the ass by jews
>y-y-you're just a poorfag
mfw
>>
>>53843550
There's a bit missing. It should look like

vip
Then you should get a response. On an unrelated topic, I hope you like nobz.
>>
>>53843595
Would I like nobz better from before 1983 or after?
>>
>>53843631
After. From personal experience, those models just really speak to me rather than the earlier ones.
>>
>>53843685
Should I still get 312 of them?
>>
>>53843711
Nah you don't need that many. You should still get yourself some, don't get me wrong they're a very important part of your army when playing orks, but you shouldn't need more than 163. They're all the company you need.
>>
>>53843771
I'll take your advice, but just to be sure 1983nobz are definitely the right ones or am I getting it backwards?
>>
>>53843845
Nah, not 1983nobz. Just some normal nobz.
>>
>>53843529

All rich people get assfucked. If you make 600K a year, your taxes are still gonna be 150K after deductions.

Meanwhile, you literally can't afford a $100 toy.
>>
File: comfy tram san francisco.jpg (335KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
comfy tram san francisco.jpg
335KB, 800x500px
>>53843855
Many thanks anon, I hope I haven't called you a cunt in another thread, I didn't mean it.
>>
>>53823108
It's not any more distasteful than the idea of playing games based on historical conflicts in general. War is horrible, those conflicts claimed the lives of millions of innocent people and created an enormous amount of human suffering, playing a sanitized "fun" version of that with all the things you don't like removed is not better, and arguably worse than playing one that represents the awful nature of warfare.
>>
File: 1466688265796.jpg (42KB, 619x825px) Image search: [Google]
1466688265796.jpg
42KB, 619x825px
>>53843883
>still being this salted
>>
>>53844022
>replying with shitty images trying to make implications

Speaks for itself.
>>
>>53844140
Much like you.
>>
>>53836323
Who did you get it from?
>>
>>53827649
Fuck indies. Most indy models for 40k are out of place mega milk big titty whorish looking commisars, shitty alts for pauldrons nad helmets and the like. No loss. Most of them are unwelcomed at GW stores and events anyway.
>>
File: 1492482241627.gif (2MB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
1492482241627.gif
2MB, 299x299px
>>53844140
>>
>>53844335
>mega milk big titty whorish looking commisars

Fuck off. Those are the best kind of commissars.
>>
>>53829242
Because the good recasters ask their customers not to share their details around.
>>
How safe is it to use my real name when contacting one of said shadowy chinks?
>>
>>53824760
U got R3K7 nerd
_____3
_____K
_____7
>>
>>53844493
If it's the big 4 from Yoy, you're good.
>>
^^^
>>53824873
>>
>>53844597
Is Z among them?
>>
>>53818637
>It's basically a police state run by megacorps and the Party.
This x10000. All those 80s cyberpunk sci-fi novels? That's modern China. It only looks good compared to the old USSR, which someone once described as "Upper Volta with missiles."
>>
>>53828744
>>53824873
>>53824257
>>53823182
Autism
>>
>>53834309
>That's it for the major wargame producers

I know hipsters who know more about miniatures than you.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.