[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 424
Thread images: 56

File: 1465499171314.jpg (397KB, 900x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1465499171314.jpg
397KB, 900x1013px
Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder, and Starfinder)

Have you ever played a cultist character? How did you balance the needs of your party with your zealous faith?

PoW errata: http://dreamscarred.com/path-war-errata/

Link repository; point out problems if found: https://ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53812575
>>
>>53816282
Back in 3.5 I played a Crusader of Wee Jas but the entire party were siblings from the same family that had served the Ruby Lady for generations. Faith played a large role in our decisions and plot hooks
>>
>SJW shit
>shitty game mechanics
>retarded bootlicking fans
>autistic players

Paizo sucks.
>>
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice (Closing in 3 Days)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home (Closing in 3 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west (Closing in 1 Week)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court (Closing in 2 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia (Closing in 2 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closing in 3 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9 (Closing in 4 Weeks)
>>
File: gentle persuasion.jpg (57KB, 349x451px) Image search: [Google]
gentle persuasion.jpg
57KB, 349x451px
Here it is again, /pgg/as. Vote or die, as usual.

>http://www.strawpoll.me/13195316
>>
You guys realize there's already a thread, right? It's not even got 20 replies yet either.
>>
>>53816489
> Wrong title
> Anime OP

Fuck you
>>
>>53816428
But all those things can apply to nearly every major publisher. Take, for instance, White Wolf / Onyx Path.
>>
>>53816465
Why do you keep skipping PLD? Closes on the 25th, but last time Vult did that he closed submissions a week before to create a review period, so get your app in soon!

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3/?pageforid=5161290#post-5161290
>>
HELLO
IS EXTRA RAGE A GOOD FEAT?

THANK YOU
>>
>>53816470
>can't choose multiple options
Fuck off with your false dichotomy.
>>
>>53816470
>The Burned Man drowning Caesar in a bathtub

Where is this from?
>>
>>53816489
On top of the points raised by >>53816497, it was also a beat out by the old thread in the OP, but instead of deleting it like a reasonable person the fag that posted it kept bumping it through the night.
>>
>>53816514
Yes. If you're not Hulking out as a Barb you're doing it wrong. More smash, the better.
>>
Who will be your primary antagonists in your Starfinder game, /pgg/lets? The Azlanti, Pirates, The Swarm, etc.?
>>
>>53816552
The Starfinder Society.
Earth is canon in Pathfinder lore and Triune explicitly gave the Drift drive to everyone. Hence, I want to run an Earth-centric game where the players purge the genderqueer degeneracy of pact worlds.
>>
>>53816524
looks like an edit of a johnny quest scene
>>
>>53816465
Reminder: Not only are all the Ensoulment slots going to meme players, celebs have started stealing the artwork of good and caring anons for their joke applications!
>>
>>53816606
>celebs have started stealing the artwork of good and caring anons for their joke applications

What the hell are you talking about, hoss?
>>
>>53816626
See >>53814405
>>
>>53816642
That's not even Ensoulment, you fucking cock-mongrel.
>>
So I have a problem.
>Player A and I are friends. Player B is a recent addition to the group. Player B acts a bit weird at all times
>Player A doesn’t like the way B does things at all- They don't like the character or the player. Player A complains to me about B in private
>Player B complains to me about A in private
>Players A and B not-so-subtly form factions and have their own cold war
>They make more complaints to me and split the party at every opportunity, causing me plenty of grief/work
>>
>>53816642
>Only I get to use art that was posted in the thread
Stop your whining and work faster, anon.
>>
File: 1453269436792.gif (1001KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1453269436792.gif
1001KB, 440x300px
>All Scarlet Throne maneuvers and stances require that the initiator not be using any kind of shield in their off-hand (including animated shields) while initiating a maneuver or while using a martial stance of this discipline. The initiator may use bucklers or rings of force shield or an effect that grants a shield bonus to his AC, just not a physical shield larger than a buckler. He must either have his off-hand empty, or be wielding a weapon two-handed to use this discipline.

>mfw I can't use Scarlet Throne Style to make Sword-and-Board viable

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>53816727
That got cut in the errata, check the link in the OP.
>>
>>53816727
>Scarlet Throne Style
>As long as you only attack with a single weapon wielded in one hand during a round, you treat that weapon as if you were wielding it in two hands for the purposes of feats and abilities that would benefit from this change

>you treat that weapon as if you were wielding it in two hands for the purposes of feats and abilities that would benefit from this change
>as if you were wielding it in two hands for the purposes of feats and abilities that would benefit from this change
>two hands for the purposes of feats and abilities

>Scarlet Throne Discipline
>He must either have his off-hand empty, or be wielding a weapon two-handed to use this discipline

Just grab Scarlet Throne Style and you're golden, boyo.
>>
>>53816552
I had a plan for a medium-hard sci-fi Earth vs. Mars colonists thing in Ops & Tactics, but since my group refuses to play anything except Pathfinder (plus some other systems that wouldn't work for the game) I might have to use Starfinder instead. It'd have to be really stripped down though.
>>
>>53816727
Unless it explicitly states you need a free hand (like the Einhander stance) now, go nuts.
>>
>>53816497
>> Wrong title
How?
>>
>>53816514
Only if your DM allows retraining; you very quickly have more rage rounds than you can even spend in a day.
>>
so did errata finally nerf pow?
>>
>>53816972
Errata buffed Deadly Agility because DEX wasn't good enough. :^)
They absolutely gutted Warlord, though.
RIP in pieces, there will always be a place in my heart for you, Warlord.
>>
>>53816987
Never understood the obsession with dex builds
>>
oh so this pow errata is still not actually complete?
part 2 coming when?
>>
>>53817027
The new Deadly Agility errata makes STR flat-out redundant and pointless. With new Deadly Agility in play, ever using STR instead of DEX means you're suboptimal and will be left in the shadow of DEXfags.
>>
>>53817027
>AC
>TOUCH AC, the most useful kind of AC
>Useful skills
>Highly effective in ranged or melee whereas strength is only effective in melee unless they get MAD.
>Carry weight is usually a nonissue
>>
>>53817058
>>53817046
>>53817027
Basically, PoW is enabling the kind of nu-Male, betamax, Portland-living, soy-eating, ponytail-wearing, cuck-enabling, homo-kissing sons of bitches that think being a "lithe and limber precision fighter" is somehow appealing or desirable.

It's a goddamn disgrace!
>>
>>53817027
The bonuses strength had to dex, namely damage out the wazoo are now redundant if players take the optimal DEX path. Though there are very few weapons which can be used with Deadly Agility's new powers, the option is still out there.
>>
>>53817046
muh dpr
>>
>>53817058
Yes dex is good
But never understood why it needed to be better
>>
>>53817036
Gareth was by yesterday to let us know the maneuver errata will still be a while.
>>
>>53817027
Str, as a stat, is garbage outside of "hit dude good". The game should support QUALITY more, or at least throw Str some feats to put it on even footing so /pgg/ can give a tax break on them
>>
>>53817079
>>>/pol/
>>
>>53817138
Quality means nothing if it just leads to flipping havels
>>
anyone got a link to Legacy of the First World pdf? or one of the old threads that might have posted the pages?
>>
Any advice on getting into a game on roll20? I work somewhere that getting a RL game is impossible. I've never played before but I've read through all the core books and know my shit.
>>
>>53817174
just go in their recruiting page and leave a post asking to join and why you would like to join.
>>
>>53817172
https://mega.nz/#F!nE0hGIRL!gOFNKfhyFfoLeuJEWzl51g!fdsRjZgY
>>
>>53817079
Dex to Damage was a mistake
>>
>>53817332
This. Gas the DEXfags, stat war now!
>>
Where's that anon who was going to apply with betrothed twins to PLD?
>>
>>53817058

Niggas always say that until you pubt them into a fast moving river full of hazards after disjunction aim their magical equipment

Enjoy that underwater combat with ypur negative mod str and no ranks in Swim, fuckboi
>>
>>53817046
>>53817058
>>53817079
>>53817082
>>53817138
Its worth noting that the changes to Deadly Agility are actually a nerf to the average path of war dexterity build, which is TWF because they are no longer getting x2 dex to damage but are down to 1.5dex to damage

also notably any weapon that you could conceivably use 1.5 dex to damage with is locked either behind and EWP, or another feat like Daisho expertise and Polearm Dancer

The reality of the changes to Deadily Agility are as follows, its a nerf to TWF, does nothing to builds that already 1hand or use finesse weapons, and a buff to polearm dancer/katana based builds.
>>
Stat wars are fucking stupid, stop chimping out because someone can blow three feats to make you irrelevant and start looking at ways to make your stat more relevant with similar investments.
>>
>>53817387
>start looking at ways to make your stat more relevant with similar investments.
There aren't any.
>>
>>53817332
Dex to damage was fine and the old DA hit the right balance. Giving full dex to TWF while not granting 1.5 dex to two-handed builds gave the feat a good niche for a fighting style that is both incredibly feat heavy and highly dex focused. The DA erratum was a mistake.
>>
>>53817399
Then make them, fag
>>
>>53817387
Kill yourself
>>
>>53817364
I'm right here, big boy~
I've got a busy week planned, but hopefully I can get around to it at the end of the weekend. You aren't the only one I've gotta satisfy, ya know~

Are there any Pacts that just aren't allowed, or are you more of an..."anything goes" kind of guy?
>>
>>53816700
And how do YOU feel about B? it sounds like at the very least you would prefer A even if you weren't already friends, given "a bit weird at all times". It's not working out with A and B in the same group.
>>
>>53817407
No, it was warping, making TWF for builds incredibly strong in comparison to strength attackers, it was essentially 2 feats in one

there's nothing about 1.5 dex to damage that is stronger than this, in fact due to its feat requirements, its weaker in many ways
>>
>>53817420
>OW THE EDGE
>>
>>53817412
>just homebrew it
Literally everything wrong with Paizo/DSP fanboys.
>>
Reminder that Tuvarkz dropped his spaghetti all over the thread last night, and you might as well pull your application now if you're not playing a default flavored ladyknight

No cool technic league or barbarian stuff
No yaoi fuccbois

Only ladyknights, now and forever, presumably wielding nodachis.
>>
>>53817422
Vult' s never said anything about banning pacts

Consider fiend pact with a succubus betrothed
>>
File: keisar.jpg (5KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
keisar.jpg
5KB, 204x204px
>>53816552
Well, actually... I had this horrible idea a few nights ago involving putting Earth to good use... Something more in the 'freespace' style, but the primary antagonists?

... The Human Pantheons

Understandably... this is going to take the vehicle and mecha rules to run.
>>
>>53817488

Well, he's not really wrong. DSP is 3rd party, if you write 3rd party stuff for another stat it's just as official.
>>
>>53817502
... link? Because I have no idea what happened
>>
>>53817502
Didn't see this, got a link?
>>
>>53817535
>>53817537
>>53813606

start here, watch the madness unfold.
>>
>>53817488
>Paizo/DSP fans

"Paizo fans" hate PoW, and by extension DA. Those are the kind of people who think it's perfectly fine that Investigator is fucked until 5th-7th level, or that a core, unarchetyped Monk is TOTALLY VIABLE, or that Magus is completely fine and actually totally overpowered because "dude, 20d6!".
>>
File: 1492982375124.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492982375124.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>53817570
...Do I get to apologize and try to make amends?
>>
>>53817502
Also, just to say something in favor of the one applicant that was asking about technic league:

When guns are commonplace, the tech weapons are hideously underpowered for their price. Tuvarks: from the point of view of GMing; it's actually a LOT less destructive than double muskets once you take the energy damage types into account.

After all... Fire, Cold and Electrical in particular are not exactly very good against Demons, and Plasma's just plain most-bad idea!
>>
>>53817600
Well lets go down your list sins.

1. Shit on specific people in thread
2. Twice.
3. Openly admit you're doing this for your ladyknight fetish
4. Pretend like a retard that it wasn't you when it obviously was

Yeah you probably don't get to try to apologize and make amends, the people you've pissed off are already pissed off, and given your DISINGENUOUS LYING that was your first response to criticism last night, why the fuck should we believe any apologies you give?

You acted like a piece of shit, and now you reap what you sow.
>>
>>53817600
No, just admit the game is a huge bamboozle and not worth applying for.
>>
>>53817570
That is frighteningly similar to Rory's behavior right before he shut down TSS.
>>
>>53817635
Is this the biggest fuck up so far?
>>
File: index.jpg (153KB, 500x900px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
153KB, 500x900px
>>
>>53817600

Congrats, Tuvarkz, you Rory'd
>>
>>53817570
Wow. I guess I can stop working on my character then. An LG Celestial Avowed claimed as a pawn by Asmodeus as he tries to prove himself worthy of the hell knights despite that little attitude (goodness) problem would never have gotten in.
>>
>>53816503

Someone else took it out, salty over rape game or something.
>>
File: 1428190838083.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1428190838083.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>53817600
Sure, I don't give a fuck how much of an asshole you were because I still got a character I want to make. Wrath of the Righteous with that CharGen doesn't happen every day!
>>
>Making a paladin/oracle melee gestalt
>Have to pick an oracle curse

Think this is proving to be the hardest part of making this character. A lot of the curses are really rough, and I can't take most of the lighter curses like Haunted or Tongues for character-related reasons. I've broken it down to either one of three curses, can I get some opinions on them and how they might hinder a melee-focused paladin/oracle with a secondary focus on buffing?

>Clouded Vision
On one hand, it doesn't result in a physical deformity, which I like. On the other hand, only being able to see out to 30ft (60 later on) is pretty rough since most of the campaign will be outdoors.
>Lame
It's reduces my movement speed from 30 to 20, but to be fair I plan to use heavy armor anyways, so that's not -so- bad. The physical deformity is what I'm more concerned about, because I don't really envision the character being obviously crippled.
>Accursed
On the plus side, no physical deformities or disabilities. On the down side, no morale bonuses. I don't remember off the top of my head how many paladin-related effects are morale bonuses, but it does seem to be the most common type of bonus, so I'm not sure if that's more baggage than I should be willing to take or not.

Thoughts?
>>
>>53817570
Aaaaaaand now I don't want to apply, because I'll just get in for being a ladyknight than for actually being a well-written or designed character.
>>53817600
Nope, you fucked up and screwed over too many people to still be tasteful. Fuck off.
>>
>>53817743
Their auras give morale bonuses.
>>
>>53817429
Honestly, I don't really like B, but he's a great guy. A has been a friend for a while, but it's clear that they both just don't work together.
>>
>>53817600
No joke, just remake all of your accounts and come back as a "new player" in a few days.

I've done it four times already; these fucks will never catch on as long as you just tweak your act a little at first.
>>
>>53817762
I know the auras give morale bonuses, but I'm not worried about them because the auras don't give morale bonuses to the paladin himself, they just straight-up give immunities. I can't remember if smite has anything morale-related or not though.
>>
>>53817600

Can I play a 2hu ladyknight with a nodachi?
>>
aaaaaaaaaa marry me DHB!
>>
>>53817802
Dude that's like an assured in
>>
>>53817784
no the auras to allies are it.

you'd lose out on golden lion morale level 1 boost though.
>>
>>53817722
Well, that just means I'm going to be posting it every time it's missed, so they can get fucked
>>
>>53817743
Lame is a very safe pick

just have a limp or something. Or, because you're Charisma-based, make it so that you're compelled to walk slowly because you're just that badass
>>
>>53817502
Honestly Tuvarkz handled himself like a dick but I don't get why there's so much flak about the transparency.
>From the very start he said he wanted ladyknights
>The whole damn time
>Now people are annoyed when he says non ladyknights have a worse chance of getting in

What, did people think he didn't mean it the first time?
>>
>>53817832
"I'd like to see a ladyknight or two" Is different from "The party may only be lady knights and will be at least 50% lady knights"

He also displayed a remarkable lack of knowledge about the setting of WotR and that the extremely diverse group of characters possible in the Mendev crusades is one of its most interesting features.
>>
>>53817600

Trip if you're going to talk in the thread about your game
>>
>>53817832
I think people mostly just assumed it was a joke, and that great concepts would count. But being told flat out that some rather awesome character concepts were just plain unacceptable because they weren't two tits under plate, that's pretty disappointing.
>>
File: 1458832266276.png (12KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
1458832266276.png
12KB, 477x539px
>>53817832
>Wants Ladyknights
>mfw someone makes a swarthy foreign Chad to fuck the ladyknights
>>
>>53817680
>>53817708

Never go full Rory
>>
>>53817764
Kick them both.
They have both become the problem, their willingness to fuck over the game with balkanization is the proof you need.
I'd call them out public at that point, because everyone is already involved, and law the iron law on them:
You both make nice, or you both go, because you both are the problem now.
>>
>>53817872
But if he does that the next time he autistically fucks up and spills his spaghetti he won't be able to poorly lie about it being an 'imitator'
>>
>>53817832
Compare it to Vult saying he wanted girls, and girls would have a better chance if getting in

Different, but close enough to shed light on it
>>
>>53817600
For starters, if you want to apologize I'd say you should post something about it on the roll20 page with an apology, for two reasons. First, it clarifies that it actually is you and not some impersonating shitposter (I'm still not completely convinced), and for two if it -is- actually you, it shows you can at least own up to your mistakes and acknowledge that, yes, that was you and you regret saying what you did.

That's just my advice though. I'm sitting on the fence for whether or not to make an app after the shitstorm that's going on, so depending on if people can confirm you're actually Turk and whether or not you actually do apologize on the roll20 if it is you, I might or might not just not bother.
>>
>>53817871
Yeah I mean shouldn't the Technic League have a couple of myrmidon squadrons patrolling the borders and autofiring rockets at any demoniacs that show up on their sensors? They're awful fucking close to the world wound.
>>
>>53817888
>Sappy's Shelynite slut is first in line
>>
>>53817920
Literally a stones throw away from the place the crusades rally, the Technic league is definitely in.
>>
File: Spiderdemon.png (357KB, 846x481px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderdemon.png
357KB, 846x481px
>>53817920
>Demon-possessed Annihilator Robot
>>
>>53817924
S3 confirmed for first guaranteed spot?
>>
File: tumblr_orl3sdGjHB1rqat58o1_1280.jpg (287KB, 1280x1913px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orl3sdGjHB1rqat58o1_1280.jpg
287KB, 1280x1913px
I want to make an Aberrant Aegii with initiation, but how would I go about getting cool arm blades like this?
>>
>>53817937
No anon, we only get ladyknights fighting generic demons, nothing cool and fun
>>
>>53817920
That gearmen army is on stand-by to rape demons, trust me. The Technics are no doubt furiously studying the craziest shit they can to throw at the Worldwounders.
>>
>>53817872
Alright

>>53817608
I'm just completely ignorant of Tech stuff outside of skillchips (for Intimidate boosting stuff)

>>53817717
>Hellknight would have been locked out immediately
Never. I wanted to recruit for Guile of the Diabolic over Hell's Saboteurs because I wanted to run a hellknight party game first and foremost, then the LE twist on Hell's Rebels because I hate that AP when played straight and because maybe some people would find it interesting instead.

>>53817802
Sure, apply with one.

>>53817871
My idea of diverse was knights with different philosophies of the proper way to be a knight.

>>53817916
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5161287/announcements/?pageforid=5173672#post-5173672
>>
>>53817600

I don't really give a fuck and I think everyone else is overreacting just a little bit.
>>
>>53817944

You can still hold weapons
>>
>>53817959
>my idea of Diverse is knights and knights only

Holy fucking shit you should just stop posting.
>>
>>53817950
But it's gestalted WotR... I mean, if the enemies aren't being modified, it's going to be the biggest cakewalk on the planet. Picnic at the Abyss.

I was thinking up concepts - well until this morning, we'll see how things go from here - with "oh shit what's happened in there what's changed" in mind.
>>
>>53817892
You're probably right. It's tough, but that seems like the way to go.
>>
>>53817959

Maybe when you made your R20 posting you should've laid out some ideas of what you wanted and didn't want instead of providing basically nothing to go on and now having this entire fiasco.
>>
>>53817905
I think that made perfect sense when half the point of the game was to rape the PCs though
>>
>>53817959
*Just completely ignorant of Tech stuff outside of skillchips, so was asking for each specific piece so I don't miss something, wasn't on the particular interest on straight denying anything
>>
>>53817924
Short, small-chested super sluts are the best.
>>
>>53817174
Apply to JttW with an Honorable Android Swordsman who pursues the necromancer because ghost data from his former lives give him dreams of the sorcerer he was in life and his tragic fall to villainy and vampirism!
>>
>>53817996
I'm assuming you are the GM.
Look, dawg, these people are murdering your game by taking their ooc shit IC, and that is absolutely bottom tier that guy behavior.
You need to stand up for the people caught in the shitstorm crossfire.
>>
Does this mean the age of /y/ is dead?
>>
>>53816465
>Mfw Journey to the West sounds awesome as fuck, but I have a game every other Thursday and don't want to divide attention between games

Fffffuuuuuuck. And now with this WotR fallout, there's no games I'm interested in that aren't on days i'm busy.
>>
File: 1411257697961.png (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1411257697961.png
161KB, 1024x768px
Alright guys I am really in a bind here. Is there any way to cause fear similar to that effect from an anti paladin's touch of corruption, but on a regular paladin? Its important to me for this to happen.
>>
>>53817871

You can get a 'diverse group' almost anywhere else in Golarion. The area with a huge concentration of knightly orders, that talks at length about knights, should probably have a focus on knights wouldn't you say?
>>
>>53818062
>ywn get to fuck cute boys in a /pfg/ game

Why am I still here? Why have I not joined my ancestors?
>>
File: bamboozling.jpg (49KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
bamboozling.jpg
49KB, 500x487px
Whatever happened to Hell's Saboteurs?

Is it bamboozle?
>>
File: 1479110022925.gif (531KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1479110022925.gif
531KB, 800x450px
>>53818062
/y/ou were the chosen one! /y/ou were supposed to be eternal!
>>
File: The bamboozling.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
The bamboozling.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>53818091
9 out of 10 games on this general are bamboozles.
>>
>>53817959
Tech is ridiculously simple. Actually, lesson 1: Tech is trap option. That should tell you plenty. The entire book is a trap option of massive proportions. If you want to be a tech user and you want to be viable too, you've got a *lot* of work ahead of you.

It's at the "A crossbowman with vow of poverty can be viable if you do everything perfectly right" level of builds.

That said:
Nearly all tech is just magic items with extra penalties:

>They cost double what the same thing as a magic item would

>They DO work in antimagic or dead magic zones, but the spells and effects that short and shut them down are lower level

>Their DCs suck fucking balls and nothing can be done about it, so any tech thing with a saving throw is beyond worthless about five levels before you could ever afford it.

>They use charges which are extremely expensive and/or difficult to recover (solar panels are colossal artifacts, and it gets worse from there) and are useless when they run out. Some weapons literally cost hundreds of GP a shot, but at least a wand would have higher save DC and ways to get that even higher. oh and higher damage/effect too. Why are you bothering? Concept.

Beyond that it's basically just "this gun is fire. this gun is cold. this gun is lightning, this gun sounds old", or "it's a lightsaber. plasma damage is useless, but worse than useless if you're going to go after extraplanars".

And that's basically it. That's all of tech. Anyone wanting useful tech has to either be a machine kineticist, a non-panoply warsoul, or know how to craft everything including that pistol into an actual robot.
>>
>>53817983

See >>53818080

Stop being butthurt that the knight AP wants and attracts knights.
>>
File: Drilling.jpg (26KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
Drilling.jpg
26KB, 500x321px
>DM's birthday is coming up.
>Decide to do something cool for him.
>Every week, after getting paid, go down to comic book shop.
>Buy thirty-forty dollars worth of miniatures.
>Birthday rolls around, have about two-hundred and forty dollars worth of miniatures.
>Even got a huge-sized Stone Giant.
>Host next game at my house.
>Provide food, drink, snacky foods and poppy drinks.
>After eating, game is set up, haul shelf upstairs.
>DM looks at shelves.
>Makes a face.
>"I don't want to use miniatures."
>"None of these characters are what I [a fucking third party race bear furry] look like."
>"You don't have enough for a mob, and we'll get confused in combat."
>"Ok, since you have the exact miniature of the monster we're fighting, we can put him on the table."
>DM would rather use little paper squares to represent us, various plastic jewels for enemies, and big square cutouts for big monster fights.
>Get in to a literal shouting match over how you don't need to use something that's [LITERALLY ME] to stand in for your character.
>>
>>53818080
No, because Mendev's entire fucking point is that the manpower of the ENTIRE CONTINENT and beyond is pouring in to fight the worldwound, meaning you have Samurai fighting back to back with techno-barbarians and alongside Osirian mages.
>>
>>53818062
Alexander x Derrin is still alive and well, take heart anon/y/mous!
>>
>>53818105
REEE REEE WHY CAN'T I PLAY MY BLACK MAN IN A CAMPAIGN ABOUT BREVOY REE REE
>>
>>53818091
Cancelled it because it literally only got randos, Argentum (whose schedule conflicted with what I had in times for potential opening once JttW was announced), and Nox, who withdrew the application later on.
I didn't even have two or three players with schedules that fit together at that point, and the views of each page had slowed to a crawl. Talked with a few of those that had been interested, and came to the conclusion that I wasn't gonna get even a complete 6man party at that rate.
>>
File: 1496991237807.jpg (17KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
1496991237807.jpg
17KB, 255x198px
>>53818114
Acts of kindness gone terribly wrong are the fucking WORST, I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>53818062
Smothered in its crib.
>>
>>53818018
Problem is, all of the other players have taken sides. One is always kinda spaced out but follows B around, while the other is firmly on A's side. So it's like I'm dealing with this myself. But I've still gotta do something about it.
>>
>>53818128

You had so long left on your app period though, wasn't it three more weeks?
>>
>>53818114
I've been kicked out of one guy because I didn't want to see a movie, another game fell apart because the DM had to move to Alberta because his family imploded, and a third one died because that DM had a schizophrenic mental breakdown.

But God damnit, I am considering dropping out of this last one.
>>
File: mikoto.jpg (62KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
mikoto.jpg
62KB, 704x480px
>>53818114
>>
File: CwjOsNCVEAAXJLH.jpg large.jpg (199KB, 880x1244px) Image search: [Google]
CwjOsNCVEAAXJLH.jpg large.jpg
199KB, 880x1244px
>>53818114
Why didn't you just ask what he wanted? I mean, this sucks, but I have no idea what would possess you to purchase this much without even an inkling that this might be something he wanted.
>>
>>53818120
This is the greatest ship of all time
>>
>>53818117

How is that any different from playing a random average adventuring party with people from all over the world? Besides it's still going to be filtered through the Crusade, itself being run entirely by knights. One or two off beat choices is fine but 3-4/6 being knights and crusaders is what sets the tone. If you think that's boring maybe you should reevaluate re-read the module.
>>
>>53818193
Why are you posting Gaius?
>>
File: 1496081214411.jpg (14KB, 306x335px) Image search: [Google]
1496081214411.jpg
14KB, 306x335px
>>53818128
>Nox

Wow, you got an NPC from Hell's Rebels to apply for your Hell's Rebels game?

Really makes you think.
>>
>>53818204
Because a random adventuring party won't usually pull from all over the goddamn world.

The fact that he shit on both of DHB's characters, who would be GREAT FITS flavorfully says more than enough
>>
Is there a trove for 3.x material that's pre-Pathfinder?
>>
File: C8J2W8uVoAE9_va.jpg large.jpg (153KB, 1102x1378px) Image search: [Google]
C8J2W8uVoAE9_va.jpg large.jpg
153KB, 1102x1378px
>>53818209
I don't know who that is. I saved it off of a Japanese artist's twitter.

Much like all my other pictures of boys.
>>
>>53818224

>Because a random adventuring party won't usually pull from all over the goddamn world.

Bullshit. Now I know you're just a butt hurt little faggot.
>>
>>53818209
its gawain from fate you mouthbreather

jesus
>>
>>53818204
>>53818224
What you guys need is people that actually have the good goddamn sense to use those Campaign Traits. You will not and should not get a guy who travels to the Worldwound simply because "he wanted to fight the demons." He should be going because his brother's a Crusader and he wants to be with him, or Mom went up to provide healing and the family hasn't heard from her in a while. Maybe they're running away from a criminal past, or hell, maybe they've just got a tug in their soul that this is what they need to be doing.

An Adventuring Party that looks random is entirely the fault of the individual players, a character well-written with the campaign in mind will never feel random.
>>
>>53818255
>butt hurt little faggot

Nah man, not mad, more relieved that I dodged a bullet
>>
File: MegatronIsAnIdiot(2).jpg (94KB, 377x471px) Image search: [Google]
MegatronIsAnIdiot(2).jpg
94KB, 377x471px
>>53818193
Long version, I thought he would appreciate having actual people and things to have on the mat instead of just glass beads and plastic crystals. And then it spiraled out of control when I realized that I could just as easily buy fifteen skeletons instead of just one.

Short version, I'm an idiot with spending problems and hoped for the best. And now I have almost three hundred dollars worth of little plastic figures.
>>
>>53818301
>three hundred dollars worth of little plastic figures

to be fair, thats probably less than the average fa/tg/uy
>>
>>53818301
A much later comic where he's not talking to optimus actually covers his reasons rather well.

Starscream never stops. It does help megatron keep a little bit on his toes, but, more importantly, starscream is so quick to join in or recruit for any betrayal that anytime anyone else is planning anything, starscream will get involved. and then megatron will know.
>>
>That new WotR app
>>
File: 1408170134831.jpg (109KB, 639x884px) Image search: [Google]
1408170134831.jpg
109KB, 639x884px
I can never get people to be interested in my pathfinder games on roll20- just 40-year-olds, 16-year-olds, and nobody who can spell for shit. How do I do it? Am I missing something fundamental?
>>
>>53818443
Have a decent concept

post it on /pfg/

Profit from far superior apps
>>
File: 1489304731178.jpg (151KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489304731178.jpg
151KB, 500x360px
>want to app
>keep getting writers block on backstory

What does /pgg/ do to when they run out of ideas? Or cannot make ideas flow?
>>
>>53818078
Pls respond ilu guys
>>
>>53818457
This seems pompous
>>
>>53818475
Just a true fact, even the worst /pfg/ posters are miles about roll20 normies.
>>
>>53818078
>>53818467

I don't believe so, no.
>>
>>53818475
>>53818483

Agreed, PFG apps are way better than is ever even necessary for games.
>>
>>53817981

I want the weapons to be a part of their body not held weapons. Otherwise it kind of defeats the point of them being biomechanical natural weapons??
>>
>>53818467

Use intimidate and cornugon smash with the intimidate skill unlock. If 3PP is on the table use black seraph style to eventually ignore fear immunity. Warning though your DM will hate you
>>
>>53818461

I usually go for a run and/or listen to goofy music.
>>
>>53818529
>black seraph style
>on a paladin
Eternal Guardian, you minmaxing twatcicle.
>>
>>53818595

Plenty of Black Serpah does not carry the evil descriptor, you only need one stance known to get the style feat anyway.
>>
>>53818590
Maybe. I am slowly starting to think I am not creative at all
>>
>>53816811
>>53816514
I really like it when using the Barbarian VMC, which has fewer rounds of rage per day. Definitely helps keep it going.
>>
>>53818648
>on a PALADIN
Look, man, maybe you have no problem shitting over a concept for mechanical power, but a fair few don't follow that thinking.
Eternal Guardian has the same stance at 5th level, and offers more for a thai march style pc paladins usually end up being.
>>
File: 1485445258756.jpg (34KB, 600x639px) Image search: [Google]
1485445258756.jpg
34KB, 600x639px
What is the tankiest build possible, with armor? What class would it fall under?
Preferably some kind of knight
>>
>>53818656

Oh, don't be such a goober. Of course you're creative-you just need to find something to do that keeps you busy while letting your mind wander freely.
>>
>>53818715
A ladyknight?
>>
>>53818656
You don't lose for not being creative, you lose for letting that stop you.
>>
File: cool bugman.jpg (158KB, 1260x710px) Image search: [Google]
cool bugman.jpg
158KB, 1260x710px
I need a bit of help finalizing a character
DM is going to start a game using Mythic rules with above average power and custom races (story is empires fighting against Titans, in the Greek sense)
Decided to roll some kind the "holy" champion of an insectoid race's Neutral god of Crafting, Weaving, and Fate
Since there's no place for Paladins/Antipaladins there, I opted for Warsighted Oracle with maybe double curse for Hunger's bite attack and Cavetuos Fabricate
Now, which Mystery should I take so I can be both a decent battle oracle and follow my god's thematic?
The only thing I know about this race is they're four-armed and have a bonus in Str and Cha
The only 3rd party book I know the DM approves is the one who add mythic versions of all the remaining official spells, but he's a cool guy open to interesting ideas as long as they don't bring too much paperwork
>>
>>53818706

We're back to the stormwind fallacy days I see
>>
>>53818729
A paladin, maybe. But it has to be super tough.
>>
File: BlackOcean_vs_Wickmuth.jpg (244KB, 999x715px) Image search: [Google]
BlackOcean_vs_Wickmuth.jpg
244KB, 999x715px
>>53818483
Well, let's pull an interest check then, I have two concepts in my back pockets at the moment. Neither are hugely original, but hey.

The first is a setting in progress that is quite a bit more loosey goosey just by merit of scope. It's a space fantasy that tries to straddle the line near Cowboy Beebop or Firefly, with iron leviathan space-submarine battles, space lifts, and heavy industry. Slightly more on the diesel-punk side of things.

The other is a sort of anachronistic game set in a VERY fleshed out postwar world that has just recently come out of a conflict that developed from Napoleonic era technology to guerrilla/trench warfare much more swiftly than the world was really prepared for. Magic is HEAVILY persecuted, and with good reason. Horror, urban fantasy, grand scale.

Which of those grabs your attention more?
>>
>>53818715

With armor? Probably Sacred Shield paladin. You have Lay On Hands to stay standing, Bastion of Good ability makes nearby allies take half damage while you get a deflection bonus, your Divine Bond is all about boosting your shield, and you have the usual suite of paladin immunities alongside Divine Grace to make you very hard to disable or control.
>>
>>53818789
Wanting to avoid a style that literally deals with demons as paladin has nothing to do with stormwind
>>
>>53818801
I like the second concept more, the first sounds fun but that should be left for Starfinder.
>>
>>53818789
>implying stormwind applies when eternal guardian does the SAME THING, arguably with better support for a paladin, on top of having very contrasting fluff behind each that would logically turn heads among the knowledgeable in a setting
Y'know, I want to call you a meme'ing troll, but you come across as too earnest.
So you are just stupid.
>>
>>53818656
All you gots to do is steal, steal, steal. Read a book, drink pure caffeine and turn on a song to pump you up.
>>
>>53818857
The former setting is much lower tech I feel, and the material I've seen for starfinder didn't lend itself to the almost naval style of combat I envisioned, or the close in and dirty stuff on foot. I don't know. I haven't looked too deeply into existing starfinder stuff yet, and I'm not going to let it eat at me until it's all out anyways.
>>
>>53818801
>Space Fantasy
>or low magic

aaaaaaaaa
>>
>>53818833
>>53818861

>Autistic nerds who can't even refluff the lines of text in something that have zero mechanical bearing on anything

No wonder 4e failed
>>
>>53818801
First sounds more interesting, imo, but they both seem neat.
>>
>>53818930
I never quite understood the hatred for the mere implication of "low magic" (of note, that was not mentioned once), but then again, I'm new to /pfg/. Maybe I'm unaware of the memes.
>>
>>53818801
The latter can work in pathfinder. The first... okay leaving aside the fact that firefly was quite lacking in scope and would never have anything to do with a setting where there's actual ship battles proper, you should never even consider attempting this in pathfinder. You want space systems you ask and some of us will be JOYOUS to give you all sorts of dirt and mechanics and games and settings for you to work from, but at this point you may as well want to run your space setting in dungeon crawl classics, it'll take roughly as much fucking work and there won't be anything left of the original system if you want it to even function.

One issue with the latter. A big one, actually: You need to really, REALLY specify what you mean by "magic is persecuted" because pathfinder, as a SYSTEM, cannot handle 'no magic', it can barely handle 'low' magic and even then just with 3pp support for the most part.
>>
>>53818944
Alright, faggot, I have 4 minutes for your idiocy.
Explain what makes black seraph, with it's built in conflict with typical paladin background as it's presented, a number of it's maneuvers literally unusable by paladins because they have the evil descriptor, and less intimidate synergy than eternal guardian, a preferable option.
It's 13:04 est, you have till 13:08.
>>
Man these threads are boring today. Even this tuvarkz drama is bland.
>>
>>53816524
Fallout iirc
>>
>>53818922
Pathfinder would never lend itself to the naval style either. At least Starfinder will at least have fucking vehicles - we hope - that - again, maybe, we can hope - possibly function. Hell as far as vehicle design/construction in pathfinder is concerned, there are a few places that actually reference each-other. As in "go see in ultimate combat for the rules regarding creating new stuff!" "Here in ultimate combat, uh... there are rules elsewhere you should use if you need them!"
>>
>>53818944
Refluffing is for weak roleplayers.
>>
File: 1495123533614.png (191KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495123533614.png
191KB, 960x800px
Where did Tuvarkz announce the party?

Does anyone have a link?

How many more ladyknights are needed?
>>
>>53818986
Low magic ideals do not work in 3.pf due to system conceits, and any attempt to force it will almost assuredly bring the game down by magnitude.
>>
>>53818944
>just refluff it
Ah yes, ah yes
The irrefutable comeback
Because it is such a strength of character to disregard written flavor
Why stop at refluffing few lines when we could just refluff the whole system?
Let's play Wolfenstein on Pathfinder rules, we can just refluff it all.
>>
>>53819019
Beats talking about dicks.
>>
Honestly i'm sad

Where will we get /y/ now.
>>
>>53819030
He didn't announce the party, it was last thread.
>>
>>53819039

Except that is the entire strength of the system? To use presented mechanics as a way to resolve conflicts and for the rest we use our brains? Do people in this thread really play in games where if you want an 18-20 2d4 greatsword the DM screams at you about how you're trying to turn his setting into wolfenstein?
>>
>>53818990
>You need to really, REALLY specify what you mean by "magic is persecuted" because pathfinder, as a SYSTEM, cannot handle 'no magic'
It's a political/roleplay thing more than a mechanical one, mostly tied to the history of spellcasters, those with magic in their blood, and the like. Magic isn't harder to do (outside of the fact that there are less people teaching it), but as a result of the treaty that ended the last war, spellcasters are kept under a close watch and required to have contracts with authorized bodies in order to use certain kinds of magic without getting in heat with the law. The only real consequences to being a spellcaster are based on how people will react to you spellcasting or using strange magical abilities. The only major mechanical changes are a soft banlist of spells that negates long range teleportation, plane shifting, and summoning, but these exist this way for story reasons moreso than mechanical ones.
>>
>>53818986
The problem with low magic is twofold.

First: Pathfinder can't deal with it without massive homebrewing, third party splats, and ruling out about 80% of the bestiaries in their entirety. Once things like high DR, intangibility, touch attacks, immunities and resistances kick in, the solutions are quite literally all "enchantment X, spell Y".

And then there's the status effects. A lot of them are extremely powerful because it's assumed they're going to be short-lived. Paralyzed is may-as-well-be-dead in combat. full attacks from monsters or other mundane classes can easily solo a PC every round. Poisons could tear you to bits. The game's mechanical balance is centered on having certain magic items and stat boosters to increase things like your saving throws; the numbers you roll against assume you have them. The things inflicted assume there's someone able to cure it in a single action in the party. The defenses you deal with assume someone in the group can handle them.

The second: "low magic" very, very rarely means anything other than "for the party". I've seen "low magic" where it meant no one had magic crossbows to deal with those dragons. I've seen "low magic" mean two fighters and a rogue were TPK'd twice (yes, the GM tried to mulligan the fight) because their will saves meant that they needed an 18 or more to not completely turn to the bad guy's control midfight. I've seen low magic mean that everyone else had normal WBL, but that magic sword disintegrated when you tried to pick it up after the knight who had it died, and the wands always had EXACTLY 1 charge left no matter what when you found one, and potions of cure light wounds were practically artifacts to discover two of in long lost caches once every other adventure.

I've seen "low magic" be applied to the entire setting once... MAYBE twice in over 15 years. It's generally safe to say "low magic" means you're all stuck playing fighters with the BBEGs being "AHA! A TWIST!" full casters.
>>
>>53816552
I hate to be this guy, but could you link me to some information about the factions? Shits spread out all over the place
>>
>>53819115
>The only major mechanical changes are a soft banlist of spells that negates long range teleportation, plane shifting, and summoning, but these exist this way for story reasons moreso than mechanical ones.
So the usual "Greater Teleport, Planar Binding, etc. are fucking banned" list? Reasonable enough.
>>
>>53819115
And what exactly is considered magic? You'll need to run the scope entirely if you're to run a story with this, keep in mind. Asking for which policy this is and wanting to see this policy is completely reasonable, unless you're attempting to obstruct justice to sweep treason against the state under the rug.

I'm looking at you, John McCain who helped Jeff Sessions out his corner...
>>
>>53819049
There is /y/ literally built into the campaign, anon. Book 2 prominently features a gay interracial couple.
>>
>>53819182
Tuvarkz will probably replace them with both Ladyknights

The /y/ bait has already pulled out of the campaign, its over.
>>
>>53819118
>the numbers you roll against assume you have them
This
Without magic items, your best save at level 12 is going to be 11-13 if it's Reflex, or 9-11 if it's Fortitude or Will. The DCs you're rolling against at that level are 30 or so because the game thinks "oh you have a Cloak of Resist +4, headbands and belts that boost your good save to 20, and a bunch of abilities that let you roll twice and take the higher result once a day and even when you fail the Wizard or Cleric can make you stop being Nauseated next turn".
>>
>>53819125
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xIdRnyjYglnAOIzn38j4LYqwKfSalfs8pN5zJRJRYUI/edit#
>>
>>53819090
Not at all. The strength of Pathfinder in matters of gameplay and roleplay is the wide range of options. In theory, you should be able to find whatever flavour you want and represent it with the build options presented. The game does not encourage, or even do a very good job of supporting refluffing because a lot of mechanical aspects are tied to more narrow flavours.

If something works in a case by case basis, then it's your group's call on whether or not they're willing to refluff no matter how much I think it's distasteful. Fact of the matter though is that if you only want mechanics for resolution between what can be roleplayed, this is pretty much the worst system on the market for it.
>>
>>53819171
>And what exactly is considered magic? You'll need to run the scope entirely
I don't need to run the scope entirely because people are flawwed and don't know everything. Laws are not universal, and people are more complicated than that. Generally, individual local law enforcement might even let some things slide, or just assume that some things are magic that aren't. For example, there is a large political discussion about whether or not alchemy is magic, partially magic, or entirely a natural science, and the people on each side of the conversation have different agendas. Generally speaking in the city the game focuses a bit on, "magic" means things that are very clearly, obviously supernatural. Subtlety can get you a long way, as the alchemists have learned.
>>
>>53819125
The Swarm are Tyranid/Zergs, the Azlanti Star Empire is a presumably expansionist military state either started by Cheliax or resurrected Azlanti. The Aspis Consortium is an inscrupulous megacorporation with legal and illegal dealings, Pirates are generic Pirates, the Free Companies are mercenaries, Eox is charnel capitalism.

Presumably the Vesk are assholes.
>>
>>53819196
Why would he replace them with ladyknights when there's a lesbian ladyknight couple in Book 1?

You heard me, WotR features not one but TWO gay couples.
>>
>>53819258
Because he outright told anyone who isn't playing a ladyknight to fuck off, and especially told people doing /y/ shit to fuck off

I honestly assume he'll have is Nodachi wielding LG knight DMPC fuck Iomedae infront of them at this point.
>>
>>53819277

Q
>>
>>53819296
Q?
>>
>>53819306
Q!
>>
>Starfinder
>Virus bars are a thing

Oh my god that's ingenious. The buzz you get from alcohol is technically a mild form of poisoning, so robots that want a similar thrill could download custom viruses (homebrew, anyone?)
>>
>>53819216
AC and enemy to-hits are also built on this, damage assumes some resistances or immunities - all of which are from magic items if you're a PC, but naturally part of the base stats in bestiary.
>>
File: 1428018875306.jpg (219KB, 1908x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1428018875306.jpg
219KB, 1908x1073px
>>53819390
G-got it
>>
I see no problem with tuvarkz telling people to fuck off with the /y/ shit

I'd be annoyed too if the Broodie discord was trying to undermine my game with memes
>>
>>53819049
Ensoulment?
>>
>>53819390

Tweaked automatic bonus progression at least alleviates the "baked in" items assumptions like belts/headbands
>>
>>53819443
Give the princess nosebleeds!
>>
>>53819432
Consider ABP (Automatic Bonus Progression) as a system if you want to do away with most magic items.
>>
>>53819439
Personally I'd have no problems if the game was actually just a blatant fetish game. I'm only bothered by the incompetence in handling PR.
>>
>>53819481
I have... no intention of doing that. I was asking why the mere concept seems to get you guys in a knot. I have my answer.
>>
>>53819445
The 'tweaks' are quite extreme, as the basic Auto-Bonus setup completely fucks over numerous classes while doing very well for certain full-casters.
>>
Can alchemical weapons be scaled to size? It stands to reason that a larger flask of alchemist fire would do more damage, but for some reason the idea feels like something that would not be supported by the rules.
>>
>>53819277
Iomedae a shit tier goddess.
0/10 Would rather serve Milani instead.
>>
>>53819594
its technically the same strength, just scaled up, so it would probably just do the same damage over a wider area.
>>
>>53819619
Tuvarkz could you please kill yourself
>>
>>53819619

Why are you running an Iomadae focused AP then
>>
>>53819118
>For the party
That's always a problem. Low Magic games always end up pitting the players against casters, which is always no fun.
>>
>>53819619
Going to play another Asmodean "knight" as your GMPC, then?
>>
>>53819619
>Embraced the shitposting
Oh dear. I guess we have our trifecta now.
>>
File: 12315000.png (676KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
12315000.png
676KB, 800x600px
>>53819358
>(homebrew, anyone?)
You rat bastard. I'm never getting that out of my head.
>>
>>53819622

Increased area would be even more appealing to me personally, but that also seems like a much stronger upgrade than dice steps.
>>
>>53819671
technically, just making more acid does not make much more sense in one jar. If you would throw more than one at a time, you can cover a big enough area.
>>
>>53819693

What about it doesn't make sense? Getting splashed with 500ml of acid vs 1L of acid, surely the latter does more "damage" or at least has higher odds to.
>>
>>53819619
Oh my god fucking kill yourself you retard
>>
>>53819090
No the strength of Pathfinder is that fact that there are so many rules by now and they are all connected to their own flavor, that the whole ruleset is super interconnected and different mechanics interact with each other creating synergy that is creater than the sum of its parts.
>>
>>53819640

Its a cool AP.
>>
>>53819748
You know whats a good Milani AP

Hell's Rebels.
>>
>>53819715
As in a flask of acid would have similar splash range. Its like a water balloon. A liter of water in a balloon pops with a greater range than a half liter, but not by too much.

The amount of acid you need will end up becoming great enough that you might as well just make acid traps instead
>>
>>53819761

Hell's vengeance is more fun imo
>>
>>53819771
its a more fun AP, but thats an AP for being evil n shit
>>
>>53819771
only if you want to be edgy
>>
File: My melanin enriched brethren.jpg (28KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
My melanin enriched brethren.jpg
28KB, 680x383px
>>53819619
>>
>>53819525
Yeah, to give you an AC exmaple:
CR 12, the median (the range is actually 11 to 35) AC in the bestiaries is 27.

A BAB 20 class runs on reliable damage. Iteratives are at penalties, so a full attacker should be looking for 90+% on his first attack. But his BAB is 12 and with un-boosted strength he might have +5, and another +1 from weapon focus.

With an 18, he needs 9 or better to hit on his first attack. He needs a 14 on the second to hit, and only hits on a 19 or natural 20 with his third swing. In other words the big bad sword guy is missing more than half the time. And his damage? The nonmagical weapon has to break through full DR instead of bypassing it like it would normally do. And he doesn't have an enhancement bonus to it. Or extra damage dice. And it doesn't count as one size larger than it is.

Reason is: Normally he'd have another +1-2 from stats due to equipment, and the weapon will have a +3 or maybe +4 bonus, and there'd be haste which is an extra attack AND + 1 to hit. His first attack would only miss on a 1, his second hits on a 7+, his third on a 12+.

Now for the guy's own armour: Say he's got 8 from plate, and 2 from a heavy shield, and 2 from high dex (can't go higher since he's wearing that armor). 10 + 8 + 2 = 22.

The median attack bonus of a CR 12's first melee iterative is +20, although the range actually starts at fucking 0 (since there's like, plants that don't move and shit) just keep in mind. To lower the chance of being hit to, say, 50%, that warrior would usually have +2 armor, +2 on his shield, +1 natural AC and +2 deflection, +1 dodge, and an extra +1 from dexterity because his magical mithral armor lets him have a bit more dex bonus.

Without those, he's being hit with just a 2.... and let's hope he never needs to fly or go under water or fight a ghost or anything with regeneration or to try and deal with a long fall...
>>
>>53819788
I mean, in Hell's Vengeance, Tuvarkz could at least be original. He made a Lawful EVIL guy with a nodachi!
>>
>>53819619
>actually taking Memedae as the real version
Holy fucking christ you're pathetic.
>>
>>53819847
anon stop he is already dead
>>
>>53819439
>talking shit about Broodie-Sama

Go to hell, Kawase
>>
>>53819885
It's my (dead) body and I'll beat if I want to
Beat if I want to
Beat if I want to
You would hit too if this math belonged to you
>>
File: Lady Nodachi.gif (625KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Nodachi.gif
625KB, 300x250px
LADY NODACHI WILL NEVER DIE
>>
>>53819439
>Memes
>Applications that you don't have to pick, that just so happen to be a bunch of ambiguously gay slim fuccbois.

:thinking:
>>
>>53819619
Dude, what? You fucking degenerate piece of shit.
>>
>>53819995
Sappy-sama's slender Shelynite slut is better, IMO.
>>
>Game about killing mages, level 3 start
>ABP because you're that badass
>Have many, many sheets prepared for the inevitable

Thoughts?
>>
>>53820062
Just be a fucking arcane bloodrager
>>
so did pgg grow up out of the thicc obsession
>>
>>53820077
We wanted /y/ but were denied.

DENIED.
>>
>>53819943
If Broodie ran a game and Tuvarkz applied with the same joke app quality, and Broodie made a big deal of how he was angry, everyone would still side with Broodie.

It's a popularity contest.
>>
>>53820077
No.
>>
>>53820084
Broodie would never make a big deal out of something like that though, because they're not an ass.
>>
>>53820058
How much alliteration do you think we can pack into this nickname?
>>
>>53820077
Yes. Thicc is still coveted as the ideal feminine form, but we're moving onto appreciating other body types as well.
>>
>>53820084
The app wasn't high effort but it was hardly 'joke quality'
>>
>>53820062
Play a Steelblood Arcane Bloodrager! Become Ultimate Antimage!
>>
>>53820105
You could probably add "small-chested" in there without anything getting weird. Svelte too, or smug.
>>
File: 1465280978273.jpg (244KB, 501x825px) Image search: [Google]
1465280978273.jpg
244KB, 501x825px
Is there a discord for this general? I'm a little new to the system and need to learn how to build properly.
>>
>>53820192
I'd recommend asking your questions here, the Discord tends to go wildly off-topic.
>>
>>53818826
Not the first guy, but I have my own question concerning Sacred Shield. After my group finishes Reign of Winter, were going to be doing an epic campaign. We start at level 20, and we'll be going up from there.

I'm going start with a level 20 Sacred Shield/Warrior of Holy Light. But what should I take after that? Would a Towe Shield Fighter be a good choice, or a Brawler Shield Champion? Is there anything else that's built around shields?
>>
Is there a list anywhere of all the stupid errata paizo has put out? I'm aware of the recent adventurer's guide, weapon cords and the titan mauler but is there anything else glaring?
>>
File: brigandyne_throne.png (2MB, 1295x1898px) Image search: [Google]
brigandyne_throne.png
2MB, 1295x1898px
>>53816282
Loving the irony of using an illustration from Brigandyne, which is actually a much better game than Pathfindurrr.
>>
>>53820192
Post your Discord name with numbers, I'll invite you.
>>
File: Bored little goblin.png (76KB, 360x409px) Image search: [Google]
Bored little goblin.png
76KB, 360x409px
>tfw nobody's going to apply to WotR with a wizened old man/woman caster who does the badass light shows with their Archmage path
>tfw you'll never see them go toe-to-toe with the Storm King before teleporting the party out of the area before their final attack destroys both them and the Storm King
>>
>>53820202

>the Discord tends to go wildly off-topic
>not the thread which is always bitching about gay ships and applications all the time
>>
>>53820202
The Discord is far better for character building discussions IME.
>>
>>53820319

>allowing mythic wizards
>ever
>>
>>53820319
Sorry, only Ladyknights allowed.
>>
File: Cxdn33LUQAAahsD.png large.png (479KB, 724x905px) Image search: [Google]
Cxdn33LUQAAahsD.png large.png
479KB, 724x905px
>>53820202
Well, ok! Forgive me if I'm missing some obvious stuff, this is the first character I'm trying to make without pestering my friends about it first.

I want to make a maid. Not just a [class] in a maid dress, the closest I can be to an actual Edwardian/Victorian age maid, leaning more towards Lady's Maid or Lady's Consort. I mentioned this a few threads ago and Vigilante was mentioned, but I don't want this character to have another identity or anything. A certain kind of monk was too, but I forgot to save the post.

Basically, I want enough skills from the class to cover any maid-like activities (profession: maid of course, but whatever else I might need, like doing embroidery), be able to assist others in combat (possibly giving up doing lots of damage on my own to buff others), and be pretty unassuming, with things like stealth and no obvious weapons.

>>53820312
blue#4795
>>
>>53820319

I've played an archmage in WotR and even with severely nerfed mythic points and nerfing the archmage path abilities, it still ruined the game.
>>
>>53820268
Scarred Witch Doctor now works off of Int, Double-Barreled Pistols and Muskets now take a standard action to fire both barrels, White Haired Witch now takes a swift action to activate its hair abilities, and last year Ultimate Equipment took a nerfbat to the face. But that's all I can think of for recent stuff.
>>
>>53820377
Behold

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/battle-butler
>>
/pgg/ please help me build a biomechanical juggernaut horrorterror of an aberrant aegii!

3pp is allowed, I was told to 'go nuts'.
>>
>>53820235

Shield Champion Brawler is pretty fun.
>>
>>53820268
Pretty much everything listed under errata documents: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/resources
>>
>>53820377
>Basically, I want enough skills from the class to cover any maid-like activities (profession: maid of course, but whatever else I might need, like doing embroidery), be able to assist others in combat (possibly giving up doing lots of damage on my own to buff others), and be pretty unassuming, with things like stealth and no obvious weapons.

Ooh, you want a Skald or Bard than; large pool of skill points, wide range of performances to entertain guests or satisfy your master/mistress, and most importantly the Bardic performance that adds an increasing bonus to your party's fighting ability. Personally, I'd recommend checking out the "Wit" archetype for the Bard, as it focuses harder on your ability to be an unassuming (or very pronounced) gracious hostess and negotiator.
>>
>>53820435
What, is this like gestalt or something?

You already picked aberrant aegis, so, I mean, use aberrant aegis to aberrant aegis your way to aberrant aegis fashion not unlike the aberrant aegis?
>>
File: 1430018604365.gif (365KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1430018604365.gif
365KB, 500x275px
>>53820353
>>53820362
>>53820379
... Oh.

I just was hoping to see a Gandalf or Louisoix Leveilleur apply for the campaign.
>>
>>53820502
No anon, you'll get ladyknights and ladyknights only
>>
>>53820502
ONLY LADYKNIGHTS ALLOWED
ALL NON-LADYKNIGHT APPS WILL BE SUMMARILY DISMISSED
>>
>>53820549
Nice try, but that's not how tripcodes work, shoddy imitation.
>>
Has anyone played with Lords of the Night stuff? Is the vampire template less annoying to use for PCs than the base Paizo one? I've got a player interested in being a vampire but the one in the bestiary is super fucking annoying to try and work into a campaign.
>>
>>53820549
Tuvarkz please kill yourself
>>
>>53820565
I had a player use it. It was fine.
>>
>>53820565
Its very strong, but less annoying than the bestiary one, a player with it will be non-trivially stronger than a normal PC
>>
I for one am excited for our new Tuvarkz memelord, in light of Rory and Vult growing stale.

I expect a lot of mileage out of these memes in the coming future.
>>
Friendly reminder that Iomedae is running the Crusade so she doesn't have to think about Aroden's death.

It's no coincidence that the Worldwound opened around the same time as Aroden's death, and almost immediately Iomedae focused all her efforts on squashing the threat!
>>
>>53820599
Yup, it's prime time to invest into LADYKNIGHT memes.
>>53820572
>not noticing it's a fake trip parody
>>
Does anyone even bother checking tripcodes?
I bet if I didn't call attention to it just now people would just see the name and two !!s.
>>
>>53820599
I am agrieved by the loss of /y/ to WotR.

And I was going to app too
>>
>>53820615
I know precisely that it was a trip code parody, I just chose to tell him to kill himself.
>>
I'm accepting ladyknights only to WotR and disallowing /y/ because I haven't come to terms with my own latent homosexuality and am suppressing it by overcompensating.
>>
File: tumblr_o2h6umpNYU1qzljvuo1_1280.jpg (70KB, 600x872px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2h6umpNYU1qzljvuo1_1280.jpg
70KB, 600x872px
>>53820403
This seems fun and fluffy, I'll have to see how it stacks up aganst the others.

>>53820471
I'm already playing a bard in one campaign...But I really do enjoy all the skills and the buffing.

Also looking into Exposed Vigilante!

Thank you thread, I'll come back if I have any more problems.
>>
Thread is at bump limit, shitpost at your leisure.

I miss JttW memes. Foxtits, Literally Reimu, and Schrodinger's Demon Dick were fun.
>>
>>53816503
Fuck off Vult.
>>
>>53820565
LoTN stuff is awesome. Especially its new discpline
>>
File: 1377704271144.jpg (16KB, 700x359px) Image search: [Google]
1377704271144.jpg
16KB, 700x359px
>mfw people don't even bother to research the countries their characters come from

Why? Why do people do this? Doesn't anyone care about even the smallest modicum of in-universe coherency? People go with the most basic backstories that could be from anywhere and it frustrates me! It frustrates me so gosh darn much!
>>
Is it possible to replace dexterity with wisdom for initiative?
>>
>>53820652
Understandable dude, everyone has to deal with problems in their own way
>>
File: FFXIV_Lousioix_Death.jpg (118KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV_Lousioix_Death.jpg
118KB, 1600x900px
>>53820502
>Louisoix
Damn right
>>
>>53820681
Foxtits is still the best meme of JttW

>>53820699
Inquisitor and Stalker are the only ones I know of. Stalker just ADDS Wisdom to Dexterity for Initiative, same with Inquisitor I think.
>>
>>53820699
The Stalker class from Path of War allows you to add your Wisdom to Initiative checks.
>>
>>53820697
Because they're stupid idiot fuckers and just want to be SUPER UNIQUE GUYS without doing the actual, hard research.
>>
>>53820581
Did LotN's suggestion of giving the other players a bonus feat plus a bonus trait work out for you or did you do something else to handle that?
>>
>>53820750
I think that can work, yeah
>>
File: 1493568098775.jpg (201KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
1493568098775.jpg
201KB, 470x595px
>>53820734
>and just want to be SUPER UNIQUE GUYS without doing the actual, hard research.

>mfw following the fluff allows you to be more unique than if you just went with some basic bitch backstory
>>
>>53820699
inquisitor
>>
File: 1451346340680.jpg (69KB, 920x380px) Image search: [Google]
1451346340680.jpg
69KB, 920x380px
>Nexavar is a potent anti-demon mineral used in the construction of Wardstones and purifying water from demonic influence or corruption

>mfw Nexavar is a thing that actually exists in the real world, it's a drug used in chemotherapy

DEMONS CONFIRMED FOR CANCER. CANCER CONFIRMED FOR DEMONS.
>>
>>53817959
>My idea of diverse was knights with different philosophies of the proper way to be a knight.
Holy shit this is worse than Ensoulment. Just finish Rory'ing shit up and delete your game.
>>
Rolled 6, 4 + 9 = 19 (2d6 + 9)

>>53820681
Speaking of shitposting, I wonder how my half-orc looks while raging...
>>
>>53820403

>dex/cha race
>adopted (halfling), benevolent armor/wrapon, ring of tactical precision, Bodyguard feat

Anything else you guys can think of to add to this? Maybe Crane style??
>>
>>53820854
morale bonuses don't improve size anon
>>
>>53820084
Sure thing, Kawase.
>>
>>53820806

Explains why paladins are immune to disease.
>>
>>53820472

I have never played an aegis so idk how to build one.
>>
>>53820806
Actually, it makes sense if you think about it. Demons are pretty much extradimensional cancer. They grow at an uncontrolled rate in the tumorous abyss and spread to other planes of existence to cause general havoc.
>>
>>53820599
>Vult
>getting stale

Oh god, he's going to do something truly desperate now...
>>
>>53820867
It sure makes it feel like it does though.
Plus even without that he's sitting on a 15 before anything else comes into play.
>>
>>53820502

>Louisoix Leveilleur

Good taste, anon-kun
>>
>>53820898
Probably close PLD apps early and pick Kawase to make him choose between definitely getting into PLD and maybe getting into JttW.
>>
>>53820919
>tfw keep wanting to use the name Alisaie for an app, but chicken out every time
Maybe someday.
>>
>>53820923
>wanting Kawase
>>
So after yesterday I've sort of settled in on the Technomancer character. The problem is I realized that since he is 'technically' a gunslinger still his options for VMC have become extremely limited. Mainly in the fact he now has some hard issues with needing ranged weapon feats for his Arc Pistol.

I have been thinking of ways to tackle this. One of them is to drop VMC entirely and instead switch over to a pure wizard. This is the original build:
>Techslinger Maverick Gunslinger || Mongrel Mage Sorcerer VMC Wizard
>PrC into Technomancer

The build would then change to:
>Techslinger Maverick Gunslinger || Primalist Wizard (Metal School)
>PrC into Technomancer

I think the metal school fits well with the overall theme, and primalist fits well with Numeria's themes of weird magic shit happening with stuff like numerian fluids. This also frees up my feats so that I can actually grab the required ones to make my ranged combat decent.
>>
Is there a way to get a shield bash onto a tower shield?
>>
>>53820975
STUPENDOUS STRENGTH
(a Feat from the book Monster Classes: Savage Races)
>>
>>53820886
Oh. That's more simple than it seems.

Aegis goes whatever way you want. Plenty of abilities, and access to subsystems. You'll want a quick look at PoW and Akashics even if you want.

The thing with Aegis is it lacks accuracy boosters that you'd usually find on other BAB 20s. It compensates for this by having excellent damage increases, but these can vary in effectiveness. For you see, one of their big ones, is size-ups. Few things have such ease of constant size-up as Aegii.

Pick your combat style; tell me what you WANT to do in terms of weapon options and I can help focus a little more. But if it's any help to narrowing things down; their low integral accuracy means Aegii are surprisingly well suited to touch-resolution weaponry. Incidentally, those same weapons are often based on big damage dice with little static bonuses....

That is to say: Aegii make incredible gunners and monowhip-wielders.
>>
>>53820995
What's it do?
>>
>>53818080
The thing is the Technic League headquarters is a day's travel away from the rallying point for crusaders.

DHB's problem wasn't a 'diverse weird concept'. He chose the two other countries that border the World Wound and made characters who spent their lives dealing with the World Wound. It is fucking retarded to say they don't fit in there because god damn DHB mentioned his character was on a Northern station and blew it up. He was literally like 10 miles from the crusader capital.
>>
>>53821028
STUPENDOUS STRENGTH (COMBAT)
Your massive strength allows you to wield equally massive weapons.
Prerequisites: Str 17, base attack bonus +1.
Benefit: You can wield normally two-handed weapons as one-handed weapons, and normally one-handed weapons as light weapons. When wielding a weapon in this manner, you treat it in all ways as being that type of weapon, rather than a weapon of its normal handedness. In addition, you do not take the normal –2 penalty on attack rolls while employing a tower shield, and can make shield bash attacks with tower shields as if they were heavy shields.
For example, if you wield a greatclub as a one-handed weapon, you would only add your Strength modifier to damage rolls, rather than 1-1/2 your Strength modifier, and you would not gain additional damage from using a two-handed weapon if you used the Power Attack feat.
Special: If you possess the Prodigious Two-Weapon Fighting feat from Path of War: Expanded, its effect stacks with this feat, allowing you to wield a normally two-handed weapon in your off hand as a light weapon.
>>
>>53820565

I have been using the vampire template on a Warlord who uses natural weapons (bite and claws option), with Broken Blade and Chimera Soul, its been ballin' as hell. Reaves tons of THP, good-ish AC and saves, great mobility with Veiled Moon, sort if like being a Cha monk who doesn't suck.
>>
Saw an interesting chargen earlier, was wondering what you anons thought about it.

Gestalt, but your second class must be a Prestige class.
You can take any prestige regardless of prerequisites, but bonuses that apply to something you don't have, like spellcasting level added to a rogue, will do nothing.
In addition you can't get something "twice", like more spellcasting levels on a wizard than you have actual levels, though you could MC out of wizard and let the prestige advance your CL that way.
>>
>>53817502
>>53817608
/pgg/ be straight with me. Are people just defending DHB because people like sucking his cock, or did his characters actually make a fit. Because normally the 'oh anyone can be a crusader' thing is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>53820941
"Charges" are going to be your biggest issue, even with those class choices.
>>
>>53821087
>Are people just defending DHB because people like sucking his cock,
This.
He's a celeb and /pgg/ likes celeb cock.
>>
File: Stupendous Strength.jpg (472KB, 618x651px) Image search: [Google]
Stupendous Strength.jpg
472KB, 618x651px
>>53821048
>>53821028
Since it may help, here's an actual image of the feat
>>
>>53821087
His characters are awesome ideas
>>
>>53820688
>let me reread the thread from hours and hours ago just so I can shitpost
How autistic are you?
>>
>>53821087
aaaaaaa I want him inside me!
>>
>>53821087
We haven't seen the apps yet to know if the tone is all wrong but the characters come from areas literally adjacent to the Worldwound. They're not "anyone can be a crusader", they're "I'm a crusader's neighbour and have a vested interest in fighting this battle."
>>
>>53821102
Shit man his characters have an important reason for being there. His characters are literally pressed against the World Wound. Both characters have as much reason to be there as any Mendivian.
>>
>>53821024

I wanted to use natural attacks or large weapons, but whips and tentacles sound cool. How does that work?
>>
Tables of Contents for the new books are floating around.

>Swimming and Aquatic Adventures
The Basics
Buoyancy
Thinking in Three Dimensions
>Fighting Underwater
Physical Attacks — This section introduces a rule change, you are now allowed to ignore the total cover provided by the surface if you're attacking with a piercing weapon, but you get a –2 penalty to attack. This is explicitly called out as a change form the rule in the Core Rulebook.
Off-Balance and Prone Underwater
Freedom of Movement
Spells — This sections calls out acid spells, cloud and weather spells, cold spells, electricity spells, fire spells. invisibility, and sonic spells, and how they all could function slightly differently underwater.
Perception and Survival — These skills get some modifications for underwater use.
>Underwater Hazards and Features
Drowning
Oceanic Zones — This section introduces some rules for depth pressure – surface dwellers get problems starting at 100 ft. down – temperature, and lighting.
Currents and Running Water
Whirlpools
>Aquatic Archetypes and Class Options
Aquachymist (Alchemist Archetype)
Aquanaut (Fighter Archetype)
Aquatic (Bloodrager Archetype)
Deep Shaman (Shaman Archetype)
Drowned Channeller (Spiritualist Archetype)
Oceanrider (Cavalier Archetype)
Order of the Waves (Cavalier Order)
Pelagic Hunter (Hunter Archetype)
Tidal Trickster (Rogue Archetype)
Underwater (Ranger Combat Style)
>Living Underwater
Underwater Gear
Aquatic Feats – Aquadynamic Focus (Combat); Child of Two Worlds (Story); Deep Breath; Dolphin Circle (Combat); Dolphin Dart (Combat); Dolphin Style (Combat, Style); Favor of the Empress of Torrents; Master Swimmer; Murky Spell (Metamagic); Pressure Adept; Shark Leap (Combat); Shark Style (Combat, Style); Shark Tear (Combat); Steam Spell (Metamagic); Touch of the Brackish Emperor
Aquatic Spells
Aquatic Treasure
>>
File: 1472435450730.png (150KB, 198x328px) Image search: [Google]
1472435450730.png
150KB, 198x328px
>>53820919
>>53820711
>tfw World of Warcraft will never end as extravagantly as FFXIV
>>
>>53821128
It is never too late to tell Vult to fuck off.
>>
>>53821099
For the beginning of the game I will probably be using a normal gun and be moving to a tech weapon once I am level 5 and have the feat to make one and the cash on hand to do so.

Charges I will have to craft myself unfortunately.
>>
>>53821087
608 here, actually: I was defending a technic-league concept upon hearing someone had done one because it fucking works. If I wasn't playing a techy in another campaign already there'd be another numerian applicant in the list.

Part of Numeria's northern border is the fucking worldwound. They've been having increasing issues with demonic cults popping up among the more primitive barbaric tribes in the land. They are demonland's fucking neighbor and they have been having to fucking deal with it.

So while I don't know what techslinger anon wanted to do exactly, I can tell you this: Any "I've seen some shit" Guardsman could easily decide that he's get up, join the massive army forming up to deal with those assholes, take revenge for all his fallen comrades when their outpost got blown up, and save millions of lives he couldn't save when on his own or fucking die trying.

That goes double when the guardsman is an abnormal survivor like a gestalt PC with mythic potential.
>>
>>53821196
>Drowned Channeller (Spiritualist Archetype)
You have my interest
>>
Rank vanilla Slayer against its archetypes.
>>
>>53821196
>Shark Leap
>PF is literally jumping the shark
I don't know what to feel anymore.
>>
>>53821277
Vanilla Slayer is actually the best form of Slayer you can play.
>>
>>53821203
I need to warn you about that part.

Crafting batteries requires two colossal structure artifacts. A power-plant, and the lab.

There are ways around this, such as specifically discipline-blade-shapes, or for rocket launchers - uniquely them - Call Weaponry (certain path-of-war psy-warrior path does this incredibly well), or a machine kineticist, as well as a handful of others here or there.

If you're going to do it by crafting, it can be done, but it'll cost you a little: What you have to do is make it a robot.

No seriously. You make it a robot. Robots can automatically handle all their onboard tech through their own powersource. So if that rifle is an awakened construct, THAT would solve the issue.

It may be cheaper than trying to buy and carry a fusion reactor that's for sure.
>>
>>53821197

Aren't they being invaded by demons again? Seems like a pretty solid way to set up an end-of-the-game scenario.
>>
File: BCoB.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BCoB.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
>>53821197
>tfw your campaigns don't end with stopping the antagonists with doomsday plans to destroy the continent, only for those plans to be too set in motion to stop, resulting in colossal destruction of your homeland
>tfw no follow-up campaign to stop the resurgence of those plans, and uncover the secrets surrounding the first.
Why even fucking live.
>>
>>53821277
Stygian Slayer is pretty cool. Other archetypes are generally not worth it.
>>
>>53821277
Sniper should always be taken unless you want an incompatible archetype. There has never been a campaign in the history of 3.X where Track was a useful feature.
>>
>>53821296
Thank you, sounds like a great idea. I was gonna build a robot to run back and forth from Silver Mountain to get me what I needed from Headquarters, but this works too.
>>
>>53821256
>OK, so the Drowned Channeler has a Drowned Phantom (swim speed, water subtype, fights better underwater) and gains access some additional water-related spells (including many of the new ones). He also gains hydraulic push, slipstream, ride the waves, and fluid form as SLAs later on as his level increases.

>The new spells are: aquatic trail; extreme buoyancy; free swim; invisibility bubble; invisibility bubble, giant; invisibility bubble, mass; lead anchor; life current; neutral buoyancy; pressure adaptation; stabilize pressure; steam ray fusillade; unlife current; wave form.

>>53821288
Any info on Dolphin/Shark Styles?
>Dolphin Circle feat. For a full round, you are considered to be in every space along a circular, single move-length path for the purpose of threatening squares and providing flanking for other allies. At the beginning of your next turn, you choose where along the path to end up.
>Dolphin and Shark Styles: Based on actual dolphin and shark hunting styles. And it turns out actual dolphins are jerks to their prey. (Mark Seifter)
>>
How would you handle resolve/determination in this game?
>>
>>53821202
He's literally the least of this general's problems and you know it
>>
>>53821277
>>53821311

Honestly I would say that a lot of Slayer archetypes are sidegrades. Stygian Slayer is close to an upgrade, but the "Specialist" archetypes, are, of course, better in a campaign where you fight the things they spec in (i.e Grave Warden and Spiritslayer vs undead, Pureblade vs Aberrations, Deliverer vs Infidels, Sczarni Executioner vs Humanoids, Witch Killer vs Arcane Casters).
>>
>>53821338
PCs are always filled with it.
Monsters are incapable of it.
>>
I'm making an Oracle 1 / Sorcerer X, starting from first level with Oracle. Divine casters are completely new to me, and even actual spellcasting is still new to me.

What are some good 1st level oracle spells to grab? If I went full oracle/Mystic Theurge, what kind of role can I expect to play with my casting? Looking at the whole list is a bit overwhelming.
>>
>>53821299
>Seems like a pretty solid way to set up an end-of-the-game scenario.

You and I both know Blizzard is too Western to ever consider giving their game an end-sequence that includes a cinematic that gently eases you into the main menu as they destroy the servers.
>>
>>53821381
don't play a mystic theruge, just play an oracle OR sorcerer
>>
>>53821323
I've played in a campaign where track was useful. It happened almost a decade ago, in the heyday of 3.5.

Such a fleeting moment.
>>
Also, Adventurer's Armory 2
>Weapons in this book:
Battle ladder, gnome; Boarding axe; Boarding gaff; Butchering axe; Cat-o’-nine-tails; Chain-hammer; Cutlass; Dorn-dergar, dwarven; Dueling dagger; Fauchard; Flask thrower; Flying talon; Hornbow, orc; Katar, tri-bladed; Lantern staff; Piston maul, gnome; Razor, drow; Ripsaw glaive, gnome; Sanpkhang; Sickle-sword; Spiral rapier; Stormshaft javelin; Switchscythe; War-shield, dwarven; Waveblade

>Armo and shields:
Reinforced tunic; Spider-silk bodysuit; Varisian dancing scarves; Chain coat; Erutaki coat; Alkenstar ; ; Snarlshield, steel; Snarlshield, wooden; War-shield, dwarven:

>New feats:
Armor Adept (Combat); Craft Poppet (Item Creation); Creative Armorsmith (Combat); Creative Weaponsmith (Combat); Darting Viper (Combat); Dorn-Dergar Master (Combat); Hook Fighter (Combat); Improvisational Healer; Modification Master (Combat); Modification Trainer (Combat); Modifier Weapon Proficiency (Combat); Popper Familiar; Tool Optimizer; Weapon Adept (Combat).

Also new equipment tricks for: instruments, ladders, lanterns, mirrors, poles, smokesticks, tanglefoot bags, and thundestones.

>The spider-silk bodysuit is a form-fitting(!) drow light armor with a +3 armor bonus, and if you're a drow you can treat its max dex binus as two higher

>The waveblade was originally printed in Pathfinder Adventure Path #9 as the "bich'hwa", alongside the tri-bladed katar, while the flying talon was originally printed in Crown of the Kobold King. All three were reprinted in the aforementioned 3.5 Campaign Setting. The switchscythe and stormshaft javelin (originally "shrillshaft javelin") were originally featured in Gnomes of Golarion - they're simply the ones that didn't get "gnome" added to their names.
(A little under half of the weapons are reprints, but from much older books.)
>>
>>53821341
Not that guy but I would definitely put him near the top. I can't filter Vult or PLD because they're phrases I use for other things, and while a lot of my annoyance with it isn't the game itself but the people who hate it and raise a fuss over it, I'd rather hope one person gets their ego in check than that everyone else learns to ignore them.
>>
File: 1406682314369.jpg (108KB, 352x338px) Image search: [Google]
1406682314369.jpg
108KB, 352x338px
>>53821411
Also,

>The butchering axe is a nasty looking humongous orc axe that you can only wield without penalty if you have at least 19 Strength. It does 3d6 damage. It's an exotic weapon.
>>
>>53821394

So, if I just wanted to go Oracle then, 'cause I am really wanting the Covetous curse, what kind of a role can I expect to play as a caster, and what are those good spells?
>>
>>53821439
Depends on the mystery you take
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WdtrZCESRmVfljXY196wMrMLTnS8Uzk4DEk3oQdVZok/edit?hl=en_US
>>
>>53821357
>>53821357
Not him but
>Have 19 Will save at 8th level
>literally twice what the next PC has
>"Roll for mind control vs DC17"
>Nat1
So resolute
Much determination
Literally how my last char died
>>
File: Half-orc_Warrior.jpg (53KB, 736x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Half-orc_Warrior.jpg
53KB, 736x1039px
>>53821411
>Alkenstar ; ;
What? What's this from Alkenstar?

>>53821428
Gotta admit, that sounds amazing for burly barbarian types. something I've been meaning to make for a while.
>>
>>53821461

Probably going to go with time, 'cause of that initiative boost. Time is fitting with the personality that I want to play.

I have a personality that I want to play, and I just want to make it not suck for a character.
>>
File: 1497411892479s.jpg (3KB, 125x111px) Image search: [Google]
1497411892479s.jpg
3KB, 125x111px
>>53821428
I hate it!
>>
>>53821511
You hate everything
>>
>>53821428
I know what I'm using for my vital strike build.
>>
>>53821356
Bloody Jake and Family Hunter seem like downgrades, though.
>>
>>53821428

>play an aegis
>get big
>initiate primal fury stance
>6d6 swings
>take stupendous strength and prodigious two weapon fighting
>dual wield them
>cheese with further thrashing dragon manuevers

We diablo barbarian now!
>>
File: ah.png (63KB, 628x374px) Image search: [Google]
ah.png
63KB, 628x374px
>>53821532
You caught me.
>>
>>53821511
18-20/x4 crit range, too.
>>
>>53821428
Source?
>>
>>53821553
It's over, STRikers have won.
>>
>>53821197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xOOFCltZuc

Fuck, I forgot how good this video was.
>>
>>53821551
Source? I hate everything but I don't hate that image!
>>
>>53821553
I want to be a ZS/OD warder with a butchering axe!
>>
>>53821612
Samon the Summoner. I will promise ahead of time that you will come to hate me for directing you.
>>
>>53821624

> not a stupendous strength dervish dancer with prodigious two weapon fighting dual wielding two of them

Step it up senpai
>>
>>53821553
Jesus Christ
>>
>>53821587
FUCK YOU DEX, HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS.
>>
>>53821585
Paizo product description for Adventurer's Armory 2.

>be titan fighter/mauler
>have oversized limbs from tiefling
>become large sized from enlarge person
>lead blades
>8d6 axe, vital strike for 32d6
>>
New thread
>>53821668
>>53821668
>>53821668
>>
>>53821672

IM FEELIN SWOLE BRAH

HOW ABOUT YOU?
>>
File: dnd6[1].gif (1MB, 492x323px) Image search: [Google]
dnd6[1].gif
1MB, 492x323px
I've been told pathfinder general is the way to go to get 3rd edition D&D content, so I was wondering if any of you have the adventure "Sewers of Sumdall" on pdf? It was the one on the DVD of the D&D Movie.

I need it for science.
>>
>>53821684
We were on page 7.
>>
>>53821697

https://rendedpress.blogspot.com/2013/07/tsr-wotc-fast-plays.html

It is broken into three parts
>>
>>53821859
I thought the fast-plays on the website were continuing after Sewers of Sumdall, creating a little mini-campaign.
>>
>>53820379
Your GM was an idiot then.
>>
>>53821115
Oh shit, that does look nice. I'll have to see if I can use it, though.
>>
>>53821203
You're playing Iron Gods? Neat. Hope your team doesn't flake on you by book two like mine did.
>>
>>53821428
>Play Aegis
>Powerful Build for 4d6 damage.
>Augmented Expansion for 8d6 damage.
>3 virtual size increases via poaching conqueror's armory with customizations for 24d6.
>Lulz.
>>
>>53821115
>>53821048
Is this on Hero Lab?
>>
File: 58066081_p0.jpg (1MB, 1640x1688px) Image search: [Google]
58066081_p0.jpg
1MB, 1640x1688px
>>53821411
>>The spider-silk bodysuit is a form-fitting(!) drow light armor with a +3 armor bonus, and if you're a drow you can treat its max dex binus as two higher
Thread posts: 424
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.