[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maus RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: Maus.jpg (1MB, 800x1292px) Image search: [Google]
Maus.jpg
1MB, 800x1292px
The Mouse guard thread from the other day intrigued me, but it didnt seem there were any stats or mechanics for actually playing as a mouse or smaller creature? I'm looking to run an RPG in the Maus setting with a multi race mechanic and Pvp.
Americans-Dogs
Brits-Fish
Jews-Mice
Germans-Cats
French-Frogs
Poles-Pigs

I might be forgetting one or two
>>
File: Kitty.jpg (34KB, 236x347px) Image search: [Google]
Kitty.jpg
34KB, 236x347px
>>53810295
I was thinking it could be set in Warsaw or France or somewhere with an active insurgency with maybe Wolfenstein level of tech or magic.
>>
An RPG in the true Maus setting doesn't work because it's not actually a world of animal people going through their own World War 2, but our world with everyone just seen as animals. No one is actually an animal in the Maus world, it would just be a World War 2 RPG.

Now a setting inspired by Maus where the animals are actually animals, and that's recognized, it could be interesting.
>>
>>53810295
Mouse guard does have mechanics for the difference of species. Mouse guard as a setting treats animals as their normal size. What you want is Urban Jungle, or some other anthro game.
>>
>>53810627
This, but OP probably isn't interested in actually running it either way.
>>
>>53812292
uhh... i am but ok.
>>
>>53812338
Like >>53812217 said. Look at the stats for other animals in the book, they have their own natures, etc you can work with.
Hell, you could use literally any system and just have the players have a species as a trapping.
>>
File: speachless.gif (87KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
speachless.gif
87KB, 600x337px
>>53810295
>Maus RPG
butwhytho
>>
File: pvp.jpg (31KB, 600x355px) Image search: [Google]
pvp.jpg
31KB, 600x355px
>>53812763
Thank you, I was looking at the game and I figured it was primarily just Mice as PC's.
>>53812809
Im kind of tired of Vanila D&D and I've exhausted Sci Fi subject matter with my friends so my next campaign is a toss up between xXx (vin diesel) universe with Spycraft or this as we all like kitties and mostly although I had pet mice as a kid so it'd be fun to play as them.
>>
>>53812953
>we all like kitties and mostly although I had pet mice as a kid so it'd be fun to play as them
Dude that's like saying "piglets are cute; I'll watch a documentary about slaughterhouses." There are about a dozen different systems that let you play as mice and cats WITHOUT the brutal WW2/Auchwitz background.
>>
>>53812953
And to echo this anon >>53812990, there are plenty of systems that let you play as mice and cats WITHOUT being based on an overrated book by Art Spiegelman.
>>
File: basicinfantry6.5carcano.jpg (131KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
basicinfantry6.5carcano.jpg
131KB, 1024x768px
Also itd be cool to have playable possums but im not sure what nationality they would be maybe italy?
>>53812809
Also this would be a serious game, not /pol/ or joke thread. The mice would have access to sten guns, welrods, improvised explosives other partisan weaponry the game would be balanced.
>>
>>53812990
The redwall books, rats of nim and from what I hear mouse guard are all pretty violent, the cute characters kind of up the suspense
>>53813020
Im not the biggest spiegelman fan his other books are much less readable than Maus however. Also I like his animal designations the time period is interesting and there is existing art for it so for cutouts and tokens and stuff is an easy mock up.
>>
File: Yanks.jpg (136KB, 936x527px) Image search: [Google]
Yanks.jpg
136KB, 936x527px
>>53810295
Heres what I hope the combat will look like
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.