[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do The Chaos Gods Have A True Name?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

>>
The ones we know them as - Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Khorne - are in fact their true names. Most people know them as various different things, if they know them at all.
>>
That's not what I meant by "true name". Calling a daemon by it's "true name" gives you a great deal of power over them.
>>
>>53804732
Short answer: no.

Long answer:
The chaos gods aren't singular entities, but collectives. They're warp-storms made of the nightmares of a dying galaxy. Individual daemons are spun off from them, and can later be subsumed again. (This is what the great-game between the gods is about: eating each others daemons and territory and mortals to gain strength.) So each god likely has an infinite number of names, none of which are "true".
>>
>>53804892
In 40 k, it's more the opposite. Knowing the True Name of a Daemon or Chaos God makes you more susceptible to corruption by them, rather than less.
>>
Bill, Fred, Juan, and Monte
>>
>>53805062
not true knowing a true name of a daemon in 40k is just as powerfull as in fantasy how do you think they bind daemons into things? the corruption part is true yes but generally only grey knights and ordo malus/hereticus know that shit
>>
Bernie, Bill, Obama, and Bush
>>
Also, do note that daemons are also collectives. A single person isn't usually enough to birth a daemon.
>>
>>53804732
I like to imagine that they're all just giving each other names that suit what they are, but they're actual names are just really boring.

Khrone's real name is Timmy.
Slaneesh's real name is Maggy.
Nurgle's real name is Harry.
Tzeentch's real name is Micky.
>>
>>53804732
Moe, Larry, Curly, and Bob Barker.
>>
>>53804732
Blueberry, Cherry, Lime, Grape.
>>
>>53804732
A daemons true name is a contract between the chaos god and the daemon (which is also the chaos god itself but fuck it). Speaking its true name is the equivalent of stealing slanneshes deed to its holiday home. So no.
>>
>>53804732
They're the four archetypes of tabletop wargamers:

Khorne: The guy who gets too into the war part. The guy who plays kreigers and knows the specs of a lemen russ off by heart, or the guy who shouts waaagh when playing orks. /tg/ + /k/ + too many energy drinks.

Nurgle: The happy friendly old neckbeard. Nicest guy you've ever met, but never fucking showers. Doesn't take the game too seriously, and is cheerful even when his dudes die.

Slaanesh: The guy who's into the modeling and painting, but chooses the sexiest models. Writes fan-fic about his models, and sometimes other peoples. Insists that love can bloom. Has a disturbing love of tentacles. /tg/ + /d/

Tzeentch. The tactics guy. The guy who makes complicated plans, that often don't work, but cackles alot anyway. Doesn't care about any model unless it has broken rules. Uses RAW to bend and break everything he can. Probably plays online poker.
>>
>>53804732
Maybe. But find me Greater Daemons that actually know them.

And even when you find out, then those will be so long you will need years to recite a single true name of one of them without twisting your tongue, day and night non-stop, and with a lot of will to not get corrupted.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.