[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG edh group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Hey there, I'm finally buying a house of my own and I want to cultivate a group of friends to get together and play commander and cube and drink some beer and bbq.

Problem is I don't have time to go out and try to befriend strangers enough to ask them to come to my place without being weird, I would like to be able to trust these people as we will play with my cube and edh decks that are worth over 10k.

I'm new to this side if town.
I'm looking for late 20s early 30s people in the city of Houston, professional minded individuals who don't have too much drama.
I just want people that bathe on the regular, have jobs, and some sense of how to act in a social environment.

How do I do it t/g?

How do I go about finding players that are not ”that guy”
>>
>>53802167
Just hit up your lgs and others nearby to make some buddies and in time ask them if they would be willing to meet at your place instead of the store. Or you could try and use craigslist or something like that
>>
>>53802167
Pretty cool card;
>>
>Houston
You have fun with that, bucko.
>>
>>53802167
>be in shithole of California
>everyone at gameshop content with going to game shop
i just want to chill and drink with friends
anyone 559?
>>
>>53808436
Why? I'm concerned now.
It the whole steers and queers thing true?
I keep seeing the dregs of society and high school students play. I just want a few well adjusted individual to play with. Maybe a couple and a friend. Maybe I'll become a predator and lure mildly socially adjusted teens and to play magic with them in my home...
There is no scenario where that shit isn't creepy as fuck.
No 420 but down to draft and I'll provide the drinks if you bring the food
>>
>>53812006
Wish I could, Anon. 604suffering
>>
File: 1458556265561.jpg (134KB, 764x764px) Image search: [Google]
1458556265561.jpg
134KB, 764x764px
>Tfw no matter how bad things get I will never have to go on 4chan and ask for advice on how to make friends
>>
>>53812577
Not so much make friends just find people with similar interests. I have friends to go camping and friends to go shooting, friends to go swimming and friends to go to the movies.
I don't know people who I can invite in to my home once or twice a month to play edh with. I mostly work overnight during weekends so I've missed every pre release sience last year. I'm changing jobs and moving in to my new home when I finish redoing the bathroom the master and the chimney. Im so out of touch.
>>
>>53812654
None of them play magic? It sounds like you have enough decks and stuff that they wouldn't even need to buy into the game. Start with boardgame nights and card games, start light - something easy to play, then slowly increase the complexity of the games each week. Eventually introduce magic.
>>
>>53812716
Na boss. My shooting buddies are either edgy tacticool folk or too cool for school old jocks with no interest in boardgames

My camping buddies are 420 4 life hippies

Swimming buddies are shit people that I can go watch movies with because we can all be quiet in the dark.

These are not people I want to let in my house to drink and indulge in fantasy games. Plus all these fuckers live far away from me now...

I need a new circle where do you guys hide?
>>
>>53812885
Since your old friends won't work. Check out your store(s) and get to know people, there may be one or two cool ones, and those guys or girls kek will likely have other people also into magic. If not then at least you have a new bud who you can bond over having no other people to play magic with.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.