[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 68

File: Battle Bestiary 4th edition.png (1MB, 718x912px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Bestiary 4th edition.png
1MB, 718x912px
Creatures of the Old World edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/xXYsyMmi

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread: >>53715647
>>
Should /wfg/ come up with it's own 9th edition?
>>
File: 1497445020935.jpg (314KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1497445020935.jpg
314KB, 2048x1536px
I'm posting this guys unit fill because I thought it was cool and it was posted at the death of last thread.
>>
>>53802141
Just convert Total War Warhammer to tabletop rules.
>>
>>53802141
There are already two '9th' editions, we dont need a third
>>
>>53802994
>>53803019

Yeah but they're both shit and based off 8th edition.
>>
Who would win in a fight - the Chaos Dwarves, or Skaven? I'm thinking specifically about their relatively advanced tech compared to the rest of the setting.
>>
So grace confirmed the race will launch in July or August. When do you think we'll get a trailer?
>>
>>53803561

Probably Skaven because CD are such an elite army and they would struggle to fight such a numerous enemy, regular Dwarfs usually struggle against them and CD are even rarer than them.
>>
File: 1489605295586.png (58KB, 493x373px) Image search: [Google]
1489605295586.png
58KB, 493x373px
>>53803846

TW:W2 is coming out at the end of September.

We may see some Skaven stuff at E3.
>>
>>53802197
He does look pretty cool - the shields and the hat are a nice touch. I wish there were some straps or something to help explain how the shields are sticking to him, though.

>>53805207
Don't forget that Chaos Dwarves do make use of Hobgoblin auxiliaries.
>>
File: 1489962865326.jpg (727KB, 1580x2300px) Image search: [Google]
1489962865326.jpg
727KB, 1580x2300px
Can somebody explain to me, the lores of magic. Specifically, are there more lores than the eight lores that correspond to the eight collages of magic in the Empire.
Are there more lores apart from these eight, the lores of chaos, necromancy and high magic? Also, what kind of spells does high magic provide?
>>
>>53805347

They do but one sign of weakness in the CD and they would rebel, the Skaven could probably work up a deal with them and cause a slave revolt.
>>
File: Werebear.png (336KB, 666x452px) Image search: [Google]
Werebear.png
336KB, 666x452px
So Creative Assembly said this about the new race pack

"But what you will see in our next Race Pack is us expanding into some new and exciting areas not touched on by the core IP, but still with Games Workshops approval and in keeping with the core of the Warhammer universe."

Since this is going to have original units and lore, what does anyone hope for CA's fully relised Norsca that wasn't in tabletop? I want werewolves, Huscarls, and Norscan Headhunters. Along with Mammoths and Ettins.
>>
File: Amazon.jpg (317KB, 650x900px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon.jpg
317KB, 650x900px
>>53805462

This is actually quite exciting, have they done an E3 panel today or something?

This makes me think it could be Amazons or something, since FW have covered a lot of the Norsecan stuff.

Alternatively Araby would make sense since they kind of need them and they did have a Warmaster range.
>>
>>53805368
Well, you've basically got it - there are more lores than the ones the Colleges of Magic use, because other races developed different systems of magic than the simplified version designed for humans by elves, meant to only use one wind of magic at a time - Ghyran, Azur, Shyish, etc.

High Magic can be thought of as the use of all the eight winds of magic at once, like a rainbow. Dhar is sort of a dark mirror of High Magic - it's mixing all the lores together, but in more of a black sludge, less refined than High Magic, more raw. Necromancy makes use of dhar. Some magics are unique to certain races or factions - the Ogres use a crude sort of magic called the Lore of the Great Maw that revolves around eating, Kislev uses Ice magic, the Dwarves forswear most uses of magic and instead use Rune Magic, inscribing magic runes on objects to 'pin' the magic to the object, which is more stable but less powerful. There's even Divine magic provided by deities and not technically from any of the winds, like what Warrior Priests or Tomb Kings use.
>>
>>53805368
It's worth pointing out that there are only eight 'winds' or 'colours' of magic, but there are more lores.
The other lores are either combinations of winds or magic from different sources, usually a higher power acting as a kind of intermediary for the 'wizard'.

For instance, the Ice Magic of Kislev comes from the land itself, personified as the 'Ancient Widow'. Realm of the Ice Queen heavily implies that the Ancient Widow is actually the Goddess of Law, Arianka.
Waaagh Magic is possibly borne out of the collective greenskin consciousness.
And so on.
>>
I got some ironbreakers recently, I had no idea they were AOS, it did not mention sigmar anywhere on the packaging.

I had never bought anything Warhammer before, and thought it might be an old set left behind.

They're still pretty cool looking, but I do also like the aesthetic of the previous editions of dwarfs.

Is it pretty impossible to find them without paying a ridiculous sum, or paying for models someone else put together?
>>
>>53802141
Its called The 9th Age
>>
>>>53796742

No one comes before an Estalian, senor, excepting your wife, of course. Quite loudly, I might add.
>>
>>53807353
Honestly eBay and Batteries your best bets. I personally was able to pick up a lot of the old metal 6th rd dwarfs just by picking the right actions.

But to still the metal stuff isn't terrible. Old longbeards usually sell for about 30-35 on eBay, which is below MSRP really
>>
>>53807532
Bartertown, damn you autocorrect
>>
>>53807549
>>53807532

thanks, I really don't have an interest in WH40k 2

so at least there's still some way of finding proper fantasy miniatures
>>
>>53809197
ironbreakers are exactly the same in sigmar as they are in fantasy just change the bases
>>
>>53807353

If you mean the old Anglo-Saxon aesthetic you can still buy Dwarf warriors which have chainmail, for old Ironbreakers you'll need to scour eBay. I don't mind their new look though since Gromril was always implied to be plate armour in the later sources.
>>
File: Dwarfs 2.jpg (191KB, 657x900px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarfs 2.jpg
191KB, 657x900px
>>53809270

He's talking about Dwarfs that look like this.
>>
>>53809583

yeah, the current look of the iron breakers is fine, if a bit sameface and bulky

didn't much care for the iron drake alternate setup
>>
>>53809270

the bases they came with were square, is that what you mean? I'd think that's already fine for WFB
>>
>>53802197
cheers anon for posting my bearington, I'll post progress as he comes along
>>53805347
It's stage one anon, I intend to greenstuff or putty ropes for the shields/halters /top thing and possibly a collar depending upon my greenstuff fu

I'll post pics
>>
File: 1471643553872.jpg (98KB, 828x621px) Image search: [Google]
1471643553872.jpg
98KB, 828x621px
So what sort of magic do the Tomb Kings use? Is it a sort of proto-necromancy? Some of the fluff around Nagash implies that his use of the Winds of Magic themselves wasn't done before - considered the territory of the gods - and it seems like the Mortuary Cult's rituals are less around specifically raising the dead as much as placing souls into objects, which could be dead bodies or into statues, so it might not be necromancy per se.

And on another note, where do they get their bodies from? A bit of fluff early in the 8th edition army book claims that they have twice as many dead as those that live in the Old World, but surely some skeletons get broken beyond repair, and for obvious reasons they cannot produce more, and I think it's implied by the fact that each Skeleton Warrior is serving out of loyalty to their lord, they can't just raise any old skeleton like Vampires do. Is there a serious chance that Nekhara could run out of skeletons (ignoring the 'as many elves as the plot demands' part of fluff)?
>>
>>53813104
in the gotrex and felix book: tomb queen gets the warm and dusty for felix. It's stated that the great mortuary cult of the tomb kings can repair damaged bones/kings to a state where it matches what was before, I'd imagine the implication is a heap of 'damaged' 'dead' bones or invader bones are used as a sort of replacement for what cannot be outright magic'd better due to that.

The reason for the twice as many dead is every single Nekherran that ever lived is locked inside their tombs waiting for settra to give them the thumbs up to go outside, they have infinite armies of the dead but the dead serve infinite kings of infinite dynasties.

Hope that makes sense anon
>>
Which centuries does Warhammer takes its inspiration from?
>>
>>53813973
Brets 13-14 centuries
The rest of Old World 15-16 centuries
>>
>>53807415
>It's called the 9th Cancer.

FTFY. 9th Age is cancer and its dev-team have drunk the kool-aid and made a pile of dung. The fact that they are making a setting out of that, which can at best be described as Soft-Hammer (and at worse generic piece of shit) is another insult too.
>>
>>53805380
Hobgoblins don't rebel, it's in the fluff that they've been bred so that's they're incapable of rebelling.
>>
>>53805462
I hope someone mods it out, I want to play real Warhammer, not homebrew Warhammer.
>>
>>53815564
Don't know where that came frm, but on WFRP at least they're noted to be the most treacherous greenskins there are, considered dishonest and untrustworthy even by goblin standards. They're not slaves of the dawi zharr either, but mercenaries.
>>
>>53802141
It's KoW
>>
>>53815230
What's the best edition of Warhammer?
>>
File: 1479406260417.jpg (67KB, 600x969px) Image search: [Google]
1479406260417.jpg
67KB, 600x969px
>>53816521
It's a debate
Some say 6th, others 2nd, some 7th
A lot of people dislike 8th but I quite like it myself; having the big armies run around on the board just feels right
>>53815230
I remember when 9th age came out and /whfb/ was optimistic about it, what changed I wonder
>>
>>53816521

Kings of War.
>>
>>53816521
I'm going to be the bad man and say 8th, a lot of different ways to run empire armies and still win
>>
>>53815564

There's been loads of Hobgoblin rebellions? They're even more devious than Goblins.
>>
File: 1474411009841.png (2MB, 818x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1474411009841.png
2MB, 818x1076px
Does anybody have any experience in WFRP 2nd edition, with creating your own magical items - both as loot/rewards but also players crafting their own? I got some ideas for items myself, but if they would be horribly overpowered to give the PCs.

And while on the subject of magic items. What kind of magical items would the lizardmen have, and what effects would they produce?
>>
>>53815626
>>53817544
Yes I was wrong and I can admit it because I'm anonymous.
>>
>>53816521

5th was the last edition before Warhammer started taking itself too seriously. It gets called Herohammer but you could certainly play it non-competitively.

6th was good. I have a lot of comfy memories of when everyone was using get-you-by Ravening Hordes lists.

7th had a lot of codex creep. Dark Elves and Daemons wrecked everyone's shit.

8th was right to allow everyone to fight and to encourage bigger units, but they went overboard with it. Having to make infantry units of 40 guys really priced a lot of people out of the game. The massive magical nukes flying around pretty much forced you to take a wizard as your lord choice.
>>
>>53817527
The 6th edition had the crusade army, the Sigmarite army, the artillery train, the cult of Ulric and the army of Middenland all as separate lists.
>>
>>53817611
just get a couple of their army books and peep their magic items. Only one I know of off hand was the blade of leaping gold, a kopesh that gave its user 3 more attacks
>>
>>53817671
That sounds like a good idea. But do you have any specific guide lines for how to convert from the table top to role playing? I mean the Sword of Leaping Gold sounds really overpowered if you convert it directly into WFRP2 - granting a character 3 additional attacks is really strong.
>>
>>53817614

You've grown as a person anon.
>>
>>53813973

Every faction is locked in a different time period. Warhammer doesn't really take place in any one time period.
>>
>>53816627

I don't hate 8th like some people, if they toned down magic then it would have been a good game it contributed to the death of the game. Having large armies is good for people like us who already have loads of models but for anyone wanting to get into the game it pretty much stops them dead.
>>
>>53803237
So make 6.5. By yourself.
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554542735/pantheon-of-chaos-chapter-two

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-from-out-of-the-mists

Thoughts?
>>
What's wrong with 9th age?
Hard Mode: Can't complain about the fast churning out of new rule changes.
>>
>>53803846
>>53805300
Think of the months containing the factions. It's going like this;

May-Lizardmen
June-High Elves
July-Dark Elves
August-Skaven
September-Hype month and release.

The High Elves will get content this month and a trailer as well.
>>
>>53815626
But remember - the hogoblins betrayed their fellow greenskins in the past. Whether it was intended or not, they're stuck at a point where they need the Chaos Dwarves for protection from other greenskins, and can't risk rebelling against them even if they wanted to, or could stop backstabbing themselves long enough to do it.

There are probably still a lot of smaller rebellions, but the last chance for united slaves to topple the Chaos Dwarves is essentially gone.
>>
>>53817611
The easiest way to create a magical item is to let it bypass demonic and ghostly resistances, and to give it a special trait or two from another weapon type. These create weapons that are uniquely useful without blowing away balance.

Another technique is to have magic weapons grant the equivalent of a good Talent or racial feature, like Grusge-Born Fury or Fearless.

Always remember that weapons are Best quality, and benefit from that to-hit bonus.

Finally, if you make an exceptionally powerful weapon, give it a drawback, a nasty one. I created one, a sword, which worsened Crites by one degree and rolled on the table twice, picking the worse result...but it did the same to any living wielder when they were critted. In addition, it could break any weapon of less than best quality on a (rare) proc, bit it was noticeably an elven weapon and would, by nature of its history, anger any dwarfs its wielder encountered. Dwarfs being surly buggers, wearing it might cause problems in some social contexts.
>>
>>53819728
It builds from 8th rather than 6th.
>>
>>53818293
If you have a lot of minis, why not take more units instead of making model count in units higher?
>>
>>53820659
Who cares if it becomes its own thing?
Plus 1.2 was based on going back to 6th.
>>
>>53820663
Hordes of Gobbos and skellies look better.
>>
>>53819728
>completely reworked magic (for the worse)
>setting is overly generic shit
these are my main issues with it
>>
>>53819728

The constant rules changes are the only thing that gives me some hope for it, it's a mess at the moment of all the worst parts of 8th.
>>
>>53821347
Good news, they are fixing magicagain in the next update.

As for the setting, its okay. I like Warhammer having a Rome and Chaos not getting wanked, the rest is acceptable if not exciting.
>>
>>53818569

I don't think it's as good as the first PoC but I like some of the warrior designs.

The second one has little interest, I can maybe see a use for the chivo ravagers as pygmies, I really like the piasa bird and I guess some of the women could be used as Amazons.
>>
>>53820047

That's not a great argument, they betrayed the CD then betrayed the black orks again because they looked like they were going to loose. That just shows how treacherous they are.
>>
>>53821583
How is that different from any other greenskin?
They literally only rise in society by backstabbing.
>>
>>53820663

Because steadfast benefited units of 50 over smaller units and some armies like Empire kind of need it to make foot core work.
>>
>>53821610

Orcs will generally fight it out, it's Goblins that back-stab. But Orcs will usually unite against an outside enemy, the Hobgobs betrayed their own kind.
>>
>>53821583
But now they've put themselves entirely in the Chaos Dwarves good graces for survival, since the Orcs and Goblins will no longer trust them. The Chaos Dwarves recognize that this makes them if not trustworthy more controllable and give them relatively cushy jobs to help make sure the hobgoblins stay under their thumb.
>>
>>53821633
A fights a fight though. Why should it matter otherwise?
>>
>>53821347
>setting is overly generic shit
haven't read a single line from it and I'm not interested. I just read old warhammer stuff and pretend that's my setting still.
>>
What's wrong with fielding giant blocks of 40+ infantry regiments? Yeah it's expensive and time consuming but it's also fun.
>>
>>53822707
1) It should be a way to play, not THE way to win.
2) Some armies and units are not good at it, making those armies underpowered and those units a shit option.
3) Hard counters fuck you harder since everyone knows its coming.
>>
>>53822707
Who's complaining? I love that shit.
>>
File: 1496375520080.png (56KB, 661x758px) Image search: [Google]
1496375520080.png
56KB, 661x758px
>>53822707

It killed Fantasy.
>>
>>53821674

I doubt they're in the CD good books, never trust a traitor is most peoples motto.
>>
>>53823384
you can field hobgoblins as chaos dwarves, so i'd say they're okay with em
>>
>>53823348
Lack of attention killed Fantasy.

If TWW came out six years ago, Fantasy would be booming.
>>
>>53823546
>TWW
The Walking Woodelves?
>>
>>53823560
Total War: Warhammer
>>
File: wtf man.jpg (102KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
wtf man.jpg
102KB, 1300x866px
>>53823560
Total War: Warhammer
>>
File: HobGobs.png (717KB, 1265x910px) Image search: [Google]
HobGobs.png
717KB, 1265x910px
>>53823502

Pretty much everyone hates them.
>>
>>53823600
>>53823608
Ah yes. I haven't played it myself so getting around the fact that it's not called TW:W makes my brain go no-no
>>
>>53823546

Lack of attention was down to a diminishing player base, that player base diminishing was down to cost of entry and the generally mediocre to bad rules.
>>
File: 41.jpg (38KB, 540x366px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
38KB, 540x366px
Better to be Hobgoblin than Nobgoblin eh lads?
>>
>>53823683
nothing to do with 0 marketing
suur
>>
>>53823727

Well 40K didn't have much marketing and it didn't fail, flames of war didn't and it didn't fail, bolt action, lord of the rings etc etc. have had the same treatment and haven't failed.

The difference is that 1 box of space marines, tanks, US airborne or Gondor troops is enough to count as a compulsory choice. In Fantasy it was 5 boxes of troops and even then that probably wouldn't cover the 25% core tax.
>>
>>53823683
>player base diminishing was down to cost of entry and the generally mediocre to bad rules.
That didn't hurt 40k which is FAR worse in both regards.
>>
>>53823720
wtf
>>
>>53823772

How? You don't need a block of 50 space marines to play 40K?
>>
>>53823771
Actually, LotR did fail when they lost hype from Peter Jackson movies being fresh, AKA marketing.

That's why it dropped off until Hobbit movies started coming out.

40k has recieved nonstop promotion over the years from a real life heavy metal band writing fuckloads of songs about it to an unending stream of decent vidya. Compare to Fantasy which only got two obscure 90's games and a shitty WoW clone that died quickly.
>>
>>53823812

...are you seriously implying a few autistic bands have kept 40K afloat? Nothing to do with the fact that a £50 box is a starter army for 40K and a £50 box for Fantasy might be half your core if you're lucky?

Plus SBG is making a resurgence now.
>>
>>53823811
You also don't need more than a starter set and two kits to play Fantasy.

Except you really fucking do, because nobody plays small games and the stuff you need to win costs as much as a next gen console or two when you're done.

40k is worse because it has an addon game meant for thousand dollar investments.
>>
>>53823843
Good luck winning a tourney with your $50 starter.

At least the Fantasy starter is 50% of a decent army. Throw in a monster and you're good.

Also, fuck yourself in the ass with a Baneblade for talking shit about Bolt Thrower.
>>
File: AL_Attacking_Dwa.jpg (13KB, 375x277px) Image search: [Google]
AL_Attacking_Dwa.jpg
13KB, 375x277px
>>53823812
I prefer the state of lotr prior to the Hobbit. I hope Forge World can un fuck it up, or at least not make it worse.
That is if they're even making that mythical middle-earth sbg.
>>
>>53823843
They should have finished the models from Legions.
Where is queen Beruthiel, the Beornings, the pathfinders, Helm Hammerhand, or the werewolves?
>>
>>53823905
>>53823928

I'm not talking about being competitive I'm talking about a descent army to start playing with. If you turn up with 500 points of space marines you can get a game, if you turn up with 10 sea guard and 10 swordmasters that's not even a legal army. The Skaven side of IoB was lucky to be 400 points even if you maxed out on every upgrade.
>>
Longtime 40k player here
Where do I get started with WF? I kind of want to play Death, but idk how id even start
>>
File: Skeleton Horde.jpg (339KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Horde.jpg
339KB, 857x1200px
>>53824025

> Death.

You mean you wanna play Warhammer Fantasy or Age of Smeg?
>>
>>53824052
Idk what I wanna play, lmao. I just wanna paint some fucking skeletons.
>>
File: 1389558482408.jpg (95KB, 802x724px) Image search: [Google]
1389558482408.jpg
95KB, 802x724px
>>53824004
That's nice.

Battle For Skull Pass was two full gameplay-ready armies too, 8thbaby. So was 6e, 5e, 4e...
>>
File: Wight King.jpg (118KB, 530x700px) Image search: [Google]
Wight King.jpg
118KB, 530x700px
>>53824069

The get this:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Start-Collecting-Skeleton-Horde

and all your boney dreams will come true.
>>
>>53824069
Egypt or eastern European?
GW, or proxy?

Play game, or just collecting?
>>
>>53824069
>>53824100

Also remember to put all your models on square bases, or lack of calcium will come to you.
>>
>>53824102

He can't play our Egyptian skellies from other mother's bellies anymore because they've been squatted.
>>
>>53824093

> BFSP

> Literally 8 dwarf warriors, 10 quarrellers and a cannon.

Yeah sure... who knows why Fantasy lost popularity I guess it will always be a mystery.
>>
>>53824130
TMS Miniatures replaced the entire range.
>>
>>53824146
16 warriors, 10 thundercunts, a cannon, a slayer, and a thane.
It lost ground because of the model bloat.
>>
File: shitdisturber.jpg (42KB, 320x304px) Image search: [Google]
shitdisturber.jpg
42KB, 320x304px
>>53824146
Dwarf Thane
Dwarf Dragon Slayer
12 Dwarf Warriors
10 Dwarf Thunderers
8 Dwarf Miners
1 Dwarf Cannon with crew

Night Goblin Boss
Night Goblin Shaman
40 Night Goblin Spearmen
20 Night Goblin Archers
10 Forest Goblin Spider Riders
1 Troll

King's Wall Obstacle
Dwarf Grudge Pony
Captured Dwarf
Idol of Mork
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496304263401.jpg (34KB, 540x356px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496304263401.jpg
34KB, 540x356px
>>53824100
Hype
>>53824102
I dont even know what kinda calcium containers I want to play. And I wouldn't mind playing the game, but I am personally a little more interested in the painting.
>>53824115
Ty
Is there any reason?
>>
File: Skeleton.jpg (146KB, 801x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton.jpg
146KB, 801x1021px
>>53824181

Squares let you play every game in case you ever want to, rounds only let you play AoS (you can still play Age of Shillmar with squares also).

This guy sells undead Egyptians and Romans.

https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/16-core-units
>>
>>53824181
Download the 7e army books for Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts then skip to the gallery section to decide which you like better.

I say 7e instead of 8e for superior gallery section.
>>
>>53824231
Coming soon: Vampires!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1516875985/tms-vampire-covenant-army
>>
>>53822707
>fun

Games being decided by unwieldy units throwing dozens of dice instead of clever positioning and maneuvering is not fun.
>>
>>53824278

When I took a critical look at 8th I realised KoW is a better game.

6th edition with RH is still good though. The 8th edition books were also very nice.
>>
>>53824278
It looks better, but by God is it a pain to actually get it to the table, set up, and then play. Don't even mention packing things up.
>>
File: 12-18dcfa493d[1].jpg (552KB, 904x1234px) Image search: [Google]
12-18dcfa493d[1].jpg
552KB, 904x1234px
>>53824100
>SKELETON HORDE
>only 10 actual skeletons
>And Arkhan the Black

Every time I look at GW's site now I die a little inside.
>>
>>53824004
I thought the skaven side for isle of blood was 800p anon.

>>53824575
unit trays are da future, though I haven't played anything over 1200 points though so I subvert big fat armies.
I really like 1000p battles for 8th, good blend of unit numbers without 5 blocks of 50 troops.
>>
>>53825013

At £1.50 a skelly they can't afford to give you a horde anymore.
>>
Does anyone know about how big the high elf empire was at its height?
>>
>>53825126
If only they actually did bulk deals. The Start Collecting boxes proved they can do models cheaper.

Problem is trying to assemble a force of Skeleton Warriors or Black Knights and you get shit you only need one of like a Mortarch.

They should just give tier discounts based on how much you buy. Spend $100, save $15. Spend $200, save $40. That kind of shit.
>>
>>53825456
Nobody knows. The pre-Chaos world other than the race creation activity of the Old Ones is just written off as "lost forever".
>>
>>53825456
Likely just Ulthuan, the old world, and some holdings in the southlands.
>>
File: High_Elven_Empire.png (828KB, 950x687px) Image search: [Google]
High_Elven_Empire.png
828KB, 950x687px
>>53825456
>>
>>53825575
Thank you very much, I appreciate it.
>>
>>53825462

They need to get a grip and realise that some units like Goblins and Skeletons need to be in boxes of 20 and nobody is paying more than £1/$1.50 a model.
>>
>>53825806
>some units like Goblins and Skeletons need to be in boxes of 20

Well, not any more they don't.
All according to plan I guess.
>>
2 more greatswords progressed, still can't decide on a base scheme for the terrain though so experimenting
>>
File: that's going in the book.jpg (94KB, 1166x684px) Image search: [Google]
that's going in the book.jpg
94KB, 1166x684px
How would you rate the paintjob on these dwarf warriors?
>>
>>53826519

Awful but could be salvaged.

To be honest though you can still get Dwarf warriors really cheap from GW in boxes of 16 so I don't know if it's worth the effort.
>>
File: 1471806082435.jpg (17KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471806082435.jpg
17KB, 300x250px
>>53826519
Not unendurable, and the colors are where they should be. I would recommend some washes around the metal and gold areas. Paint seems to be a little thick in some areas, especially for the one in the middle front.
>>
>>53825876
Nah, they abandoned that.
Point values back, if you want gobbos you need a lot.

The only way around that is not buying gobbos.
>>
>>53826519
Not great.

Technically good, but that paint wasn't thinned and I think I see mold lines.
>>
File: 1472852521133.png (2MB, 825x1178px) Image search: [Google]
1472852521133.png
2MB, 825x1178px
Are there any dwarf holds in the Mountains of Mourn?
>>
>>53826519
were they subjected to dragonfire?
if they are yours, try using a pallette and adding water to the brush. If they are ebay, I guess the dwarves are pretty sturdy to tooothbrushes
>>
>>53826502
You should just get clear plastic.
>>
does anyone have anyone have the 8th edition faqs
>>
>>53823560
>>53823600
>>53823608
Why not make the abbreviation TW:WH?
>>
File: armouredskeletons2.jpg (345KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
armouredskeletons2.jpg
345KB, 800x533px
Otherworld minis have some really nice (but REALLY expensive) skeletons.

I wish there were cheap, or even just reasonably priced, plastic skeletons out there that I liked.

GW's are expensive and a bit fat (though not as fat as the previous plastic ones they made) and Mantic's have heads that I really don't like (too comically evil)
>>
>>53828476
No. Everything there is ogre country
>>
File: paint.jpg (540KB, 1136x1100px) Image search: [Google]
paint.jpg
540KB, 1136x1100px
hey so I'm currently making 2 unit fillers for my empire army, one of them is a bear, and the other one is a battlefield burial scene) each will go in a diff unit)

I was planning to stick a guy on the battlefield graveyard pointing and looking dramatic but I feel now it will just be cluttered, here are pics of the filler fresh off the presses.

what's everyones thoughts, add a guy or leave as is?
pic is montage to show scale/dimensions (also it turned out alright)
>>
>>53831194
forgot the most important thing aghh, filler size is 40x40mm, aka 4 guys.
>>
>>53827070

Why did you post William Adams with that kek?
>>
>>53828476

I don't think so but there's no reason you can't settle one, think of all those untapped resources and it's not like the Ogres are using them.
>>
>>53829159

Which ones do you want?
>>
>>53831763
Here's a reason

There are Chaos Dwarfs between the world' edge mountains and the mountains of mourne.

fluff-wise no sane Dwarf would try and make an expedition there
>>
>>53818395
I'm not sure you could improve on 6th.
>>
>>53824180
Fuck, just thinking back to that pack makes me want to play again. If only I had friends.
>>
>>53831862

> No Dwarf would...

That's like a red rag to a bull. They regularly go through the chaos wastes on expeditions to the lost holds.
>>
>>53831902

I just want somebody to come up with 6th edition ravening horde points for all the new models.
>>
>>53813104
According to the 6th edition army book, they use a combination of divine, faith-powered magic and dark magic they learned from dark elf captives. After many generations, the liche priests simply stopped dying.

Nagash turned that shit into modern necromancy, and then he started eating warpstone until he got fucked up powerful.
>>
>>53832040
Chaos wastes are a thing. Byt that's to retake lost holds.
There are not lost holds to retake east of the world's edge mountains. Only death, ogres and chaos dwarves.

Regular dwarves don't think or talk of their lost brethren, and avoid the subject completely. No dwarf would go and try to make contact, or even wage war against chaos dwarves, because that would mean aknowledging the existence of a shame so great it would break the very foundation of dwarven pride, that they are incorruptible and impervious to the weakness of other races.

This is why the dwaves willingly ignore everything east of the world edge's mountains. Even more now that their empire is crumbling and more and more holds are either lost or isolated
>>
File: OgreKingdomsMap[1].jpg (602KB, 869x1217px) Image search: [Google]
OgreKingdomsMap[1].jpg
602KB, 869x1217px
>>53832274
>There are not lost holds to retake east of the world's edge mountains. Only death, ogres and chaos dwarves.

Karak Vrag, top leftish
>>
>>53832947
Oh, also Karak Azorn (middle-left) and Karak Krakaten (bottom right).

I seem to remember something about these being pre-Chaos Dwarf holds which they abandoned when they moved to the plains.
>>
>>53832947
Well fuck me with a tree branch call me an elf.

What do we know about that? Why was it abandoned, do the dwarf even know of it's existence? Was it a chaos dwarf fortress before the whole chaos thing?

Tho if it was abandoned, it means the dwarfs had a good reaso to leave it willingly. Why would they want to go back? After all it says "abandoned", not "lost", meaning the dorfs left on their own accord
>>
File: Ogre Kingdoms (8ed)-24.jpg (186KB, 366x1157px) Image search: [Google]
Ogre Kingdoms (8ed)-24.jpg
186KB, 366x1157px
>>53832996
Here.

Looking at the dates though, they post-date the Chaos Dwarfs.
Another example of 8th edition's ham-fisted attempts to give the armies excuses to fight each other, I guess.
>>
File: 1497406154556.jpg (233KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1497406154556.jpg
233KB, 1066x1600px
>tfw no smug Lahmian mistress

Why live
>>
>>53833067
>implying you would live with a lahmian mistress
>>
File: 2013-10-07 07.22.14.jpg (157KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2013-10-07 07.22.14.jpg
157KB, 1200x1600px
>>53833067
Inferior mistress
>>
>>53833109
At least I have a marginal chance of not being thrown in a cauldron of boiling blood.

Plus, poofy dresses and fancy underwear.
>>
>>53833052
It's kind of bullshit but i guess you can make it work
>>
>>53832947

I thought there would be some, wherever there's a mountain there will be a Dwarf.
>>
https://youtu.be/i6yZ4aokUic
>>
>>53828476
Zharr-Naggrund
>>
>>53831902
It's called the 7th edition.
>>
File: Isabella_Von_Carstein.png (587KB, 438x675px) Image search: [Google]
Isabella_Von_Carstein.png
587KB, 438x675px
>>53833067
>lahmian

Remove yourself, inferior bloodline, or I shall remove you.
>>
File: 1329875430495.jpg (38KB, 604x422px) Image search: [Google]
1329875430495.jpg
38KB, 604x422px
>>53832947
>>53833052
>tfw Ogres running amok
>wrecking dwarf holds and the entire giant race
How did the Old Ones fuck up so bad?
>>
File: LahmianVampire1.jpg (29KB, 224x325px) Image search: [Google]
LahmianVampire1.jpg
29KB, 224x325px
>>53833152
>poofy dresses

Lahmians are from a desert, they dress lightly.
>>
File: 1427233200298.gif (1011KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1427233200298.gif
1011KB, 500x375px
>>53833900
>those lizard SFX
>>
>>53834054
>Spawn Mannlet
>Calls ANY other bloodline inferior

Ohohohohoho~
>>
>>53833900
>Bola skeenks
A CUTE
>>
File: Vampire_Stats.png (448KB, 649x501px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire_Stats.png
448KB, 649x501px
>>53834134
It's okay if you are inferior, I won't hold it against you.
>>
File: finished-knights-1-5.jpg (760KB, 3072x2120px) Image search: [Google]
finished-knights-1-5.jpg
760KB, 3072x2120px
>>53834033

Did somebody say 7th?
>>
File: images(4).jpg (11KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
11KB, 252x200px
>>53834228
My, but you're certainly the supreme brutes. How is it, then, that it is the sisterhood that pulls all the strings in your much-coveted Empire while your brood rules only over a detestable backwater even humans don't want?
>>
>>53833900
>spearmen turning around right before the charge
>swordmasters turning around right before the charge
Does that happen often in the game?
>>
Are Barony of the Dammend and Terror is Talabheim good as introductory campaigns for WHFR 2nd?
>>
>>53834327
>lahmian can only post smug anime girls
Makes a little too much sense to be honest.

But regardless, you lahmian sluts are stuck whoring out to the empire nobles in the small chance that you get to do something with your power.

Meanwhile we are waging war against all who would oppose us. And winning. sometimes
>>
>>53834385
I haven't run either, but they both look good.
The later part of Terror in Talabheim seems like it might be a little overwhelming for a new party and/or gm.
Barony of the Damned is a little on the 'hilariously grimdark mud-eating peasants' side of things if one wanted a good introduction to the world.
>>
>>53834397
Better a successful whore than a failed (and failed, and failed, and failed) tyrant, you debased mongrel. Soon enough the sisterhood shall be worshiped, and what then of your brood? We shall do unto you as we did those skulking things now called the Strigoi.
>>
>>53834558
MANNLETFRED DOESN'T COUNT

HE IS JUST THE SHITTER LEFT AFTER VLAD AND ISABELLA DIED

REEEEEE
>>
>>53834558
It takes talent to make shoving cursed hair into a man's dick to control his orgams come off as a loving thing.
What clan do those vampires hail from? I'd stand by them.
>>
>>53829888
I've never understood using WH on warhammer abreviations. Hammer is not a seperate word. Even the abreviation for Warhammer Fantasy Battle is usually written as WFB.

I just call it Total Warhammer, myself.
>>
>>53834738
GW used WHFB.
>>
>>53834749
GW never even officially called it Fantasy Battles, just Warhammer. And they never used any abbreviations, that would cheapen the ip.
>>
File: Strigoi_Ghoul_King.png (159KB, 251x382px) Image search: [Google]
Strigoi_Ghoul_King.png
159KB, 251x382px
>>53834558
MY FEELINGS ARE HURT BUT I'M TOO FAR GONE TO HAVE A RATIONAL DISCOURSE ABOUT IT, GONNA SMASH YOUR SHIT ALONGSIDE EVERYTHING ELSE YOU SCORNED
>>
>>53834502
Thanks you.

Also I forgot to ask about The Thousand Thrones, so far what I read it looks even better than Paths of the Dammed.
>>
>>53834738

Correct, hence why /whfb/ has been banished and replaced by the superior and highly masculine /WFG/.
>>
File: fdj.jpg (1MB, 1488x924px) Image search: [Google]
fdj.jpg
1MB, 1488x924px
>>53834759
>GW never even officially called it Fantasy Battles,
Wrong. They called it at least since 1988.

>And they never used any abbreviations, that would cheapen the ip.
Again wrong.
>>
>>53834902
The Thousand Thrones is really good as an adventure, but suffers from 'grand tour' syndrome, which is a problem with many of the WFRP campaigns (including Paths of the Damned).

TTT at least has an excuse for this - it's all based around a pilgrimage/tour/crusade. But basically, the party spends so much time moving from place to place they don't have time to get to know the local environment and practice their careers. It's hard to be a ferryman or a toll-keeper if you have to keep travelling.

That aside, it's excellent and there's some good fan support for it too (http://www.liberfanatica.net/TTT.html)
>>
>>53828476
Yeah, but they were overrun by greenskins.
>>
File: IMG_4272.jpg (348KB, 1408x828px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4272.jpg
348KB, 1408x828px
>>53834588
>"That boy ain't right."
>"He's the result of top secret Skaven human population sabatoge. They kill the intelligent ones and leave the stupid ones to breed so they can take us all by surprise. Little do they know I've been using that same technique on Norsca for years."
>"I remember back in Mourkain, me and my progeny used to fish back in the lake of skulls! Sometimes we even fished up things that weren't skulls. I miss Mourkain."
>"Tellyouhwat, goddern-talkabout Nagash man, Black Pyramid fix'm-alright up man."
>>
File: Landsknechts.jpg (106KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
Landsknechts.jpg
106KB, 600x405px
Warlord has teased that they'll release the plastic Pro Gloria Landsknecht soon. About time to start that Empire army.
>>
File: 1.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>53835354

Nice, shame it only took them 3 years and the death of a large market for them.
>>
Did any of you try out AoS Skirmish?

I couldn't find the rules online so I'm not sure if its worthwile to buy into.
>>
I remember reading in an old lore book that orcs were perhaps the happiest race in the entire world, as they fucking love to fight and kill and there is plenty of enemies all around them.
Greenskins are such pleasant angry butchers.
>>
File: Happy Orc.png (84KB, 218x295px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Orc.png
84KB, 218x295px
>>53835723
>>
>>53835704
No.
Most of us disregard everything AoS on principle.
>>53835723
They reproduce by killing and dying.
So eithr way is good, but the former is more fun.

Nobody knows why Goblins drag it out in both cases. They're nutters.
>>
>>53835704

I would rather just dig up Mordhiem if I wanted to play a skirmish game.
>>
>>53835723
Do greenskins really love fighting? Sometimes I think that's just an Imperial explanation for greenskins behaviour without any real understanding of the greenskin culture rather than their real motivation. Sometimes you can read than greenskins economy is based around teeth and fangs, so maybe they just fight to get them guided by greed. Or for hunger, since they also eat eachothers.

But neither sound like a behaviour of a happy person.
>>
File: 31.jpg (254KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
254KB, 683x1024px
>>53835908

> Trying to understand the savages.
>>
>>53835908
In about 30 years now GW has made it abundantly clear that orcs and orks (since the teeth are a 40k thing) enjoy the fighting.
Constant war is their win state.
>>
File: images(14).jpg (6KB, 145x151px) Image search: [Google]
images(14).jpg
6KB, 145x151px
>>53834588
That'd right, get angry. Let the red rage flow through you. Now, tell me what you're gonna do about it~
>>
>>53835944
WFB Orcs use Teef too.
>>
File: 20170616234815_1.jpg (567KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170616234815_1.jpg
567KB, 1920x1080px
>>53835354
I swear that's been in production fr years anon, can you give me some sweet links?
>>53835704
since there is regiments of renown and skirmish for fantasy 8th] I don't see the need.

sorry anon you've got the wrong thread for this. have a carpet of orks though for your troubles
>>
>>53835877
Yeah so have I, hopefully it wont be the same for 40K 8th. Figured we could give it a try if you could find the rules for the format.

Just wan't to try something new and see how it runs. If it's crap we'll just shelf our models until another itteration of warhammer comes out.

Any idea where I can find the rules in the book?
>>
>>53836042
In Warlord's newsletter they just had the image with some text that can be summed up as "soon".
>>
>>53836055
Try the AoS thread.
Like I said, few if any of us would have tried it. This thread isn't a good source for anything AoS other than jokes and complaints.

Since GW is doing WFRP 4.0 and we know they're juzzing themselves over TW:W popularity its possible Warhammer Fantasy may come back some day. Probably oversimplified and using AoS rules, but at least the old lore will be back.
>>
>>53836105
>using AoS rules
That would kill AoS and their new models, unless you put the new units in the Warhammer world. I think that even if they oversimplify it it'd still play like Warhammer so both games could co-exist.
>>
>>53836055

> Just wait for another iteration.

The way things are going with AoS there's a good chance this is the last iteration.
>>
>>53836168
Lorewise they would keep the two seperate, but they'd try and do it like Warmahordes where you play the models from either game together.

Then the accompanying White Dwarf would have examples of people fluffing Sigmarines into Fantasy or Bretonnia into AoS.
>>
>>53836208
Hahahahaha, I hope so.
>>
>>53836262

It was quite sad watching them experiment on Fantasy's corpse for the sake of 40K8E.
>>
>>53836262
I don't.
AoSfags seem to enjoy it, I don't want it squatted anymore than 40k to become Age Of Girlymon.

I want our game back. I'm angry about AoS only because our good setting was killed and taxidermied into their generic one.

If both can coexist as different timelines that are supported, I'll be happy.
I mean, all GWhas to do is sell pdfs of 8e and put a writer on a newBL book forWFB every few years.
>>
>>53831194
Leave it, looks real nice
Post your unit when it's done
>>
>>53836325
I'm not getting my game back, so I'll settle for other people suffering, too.
>>
>>53836353

I hope GW fold. They're running 40K into the ground even faster than they did Fantasy.
>>
File: 1490974710035.jpg (296KB, 860x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1490974710035.jpg
296KB, 860x1152px
>>53835354
Oh shit son, it's on now.
I have been waiting for this for years.
>>
>>53836353
I don't know about that.

GW is really happy with TWW. I'd be shocked if they don't try to capitalize on it somehow with models.

Maybe a new Warhammer Quest designed for the WFB universe using the Silver Tower theme of letting you use any mini they make as your main character.

Come on. You know you want a buddy cop board game of Karl and Gilles fucking up Archaon's summer home.
>>
File: Orcs & Goblins (4ed)-105.jpg (197KB, 474x950px) Image search: [Google]
Orcs & Goblins (4ed)-105.jpg
197KB, 474x950px
>>53835908
>>
>>53836429
I think Azhag is the best Orc character just because he's so self-aware compared to other Orc characters - there's something wrong with him, but it makes him more of a character than you'd normally get. 40k makes Orks a joke in comparison.
>>
>>53836429
>Orcs lived to fight
As their economy is fueled by violence, not as if they they actually enjoyed the fighting. They love to eat, get drunk and sing, just like humans. And they get those things fighting.
>>
>>53836648
Azhag is great, I also love Wurrzag. Grimgor is a joke, nothing but an excuse of great stats for a hero. Black Orcs are the calmest and smartest of the greenskins while Grimgor is as dumb as a savage orc.
>>
File: Orcs and Goblins (8ed)-37.jpg (154KB, 495x548px) Image search: [Google]
Orcs and Goblins (8ed)-37.jpg
154KB, 495x548px
>>53836669
Ok, fine, here's a few more explicit quotes. 5th and 8th editions respectively.
>>
I've been planning to start an Empire army from Sylvania. Would they wear the old colors of the von Drak/von Carnstein or from Stirland?
>>
>>53836909
Stirland if they're actually imperial. They'd only wear old Sylvanian colours if they served the vampires.
>>
>>53836909
You mean a non-vamp army? I'd say Stirland, since they are technically in charge of the province
>>
>>53836800
That still sounds like a human description and interpretation to me, like " they fight a lot therefore they enjoy fighting" which is a flawed logical thought but normal for medieval times. Humans and greenskins don't usually care enought to learn the language of the other side so I doubt a real research was made to discover the motivation of orcs before writing those texts.

But they for sure enjoy the loot after a fight.
>>
>>53817611
I like cats.
>>
>>53817611
Lizardmen magic items should be too overpowered for WFRP, doesn't it? They belonged to the Old Ones and such.
>>
>>53835966
I'M GOING TO SKULLFUCK MANNLETFRED

THEN REVIVE VLAD AND ISABELLA

THEN NORMAL FUCK SOME OF THOSE LAHMIAN SLUTS
>>
File: Skarsnik.jpg (104KB, 519x209px) Image search: [Google]
Skarsnik.jpg
104KB, 519x209px
>>53837044
Jesus christ anon. What kind of evidence do you need?
>>
>>53836950
>>53836994
I see. I'll probably settle for something derivative of the von Drak black and purple for some units and Stirland's green and yellow for others.
>>
>>53837254
That's just like saying we enjoy sex, when what we actually enjoy are the orgasms. We don't need to especify the orgams because it's understood that the orgasm will usually follow. Same for greenskins they say they enjoy "fights" because for them there is always a loot afterwards, since they can eat the flesh of their enemies and keep the teeth to use them as currency.

They are just so poor that their economy is based around beating other people for their things and/or flesh. Like two hobos fighting for a piece of steak, but with a possible cannibal ending.
>>
File: costanza manga.jpg (293KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
costanza manga.jpg
293KB, 894x894px
>>53837533
>That's just like saying we enjoy sex, when what we actually enjoy are the orgasms. We don't need to especify the orgams because it's understood that the orgasm will usually follow.

Spoken like someone who has never had sex.
>>
>>53837533
You know there are plenty of humans that enjoy fighting too?
That's two word-of-god statements and a direct quote. There's literally nothing that will manage to convince you.
>>
>>53837664
He's just butthurt he got BTFO so thoroughly.
>>
>>53837604
That's just Pavlovian conditioning.

>>53837664
Warhammer is mostly written as unreliable narrator and cotradicts itself a lot.
>>
>>53837664
>replying to obvious bait

Less crowded waters i guess
>>
>>53837735
The key to arguments on 4chan is to never give up, and don't forget damage control
>>
>>53837533
>they say they enjoy "fights" because for them there is always a loot afterwards
you are being kind of delusional, mate
>>
>>53837775
Yeah, kinda.
I guess I just prefer to argue in good faith because even if someone is trolling all they end up doing is making themselves look stupid.
>>
File: 1496347512731.jpg (43KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
1496347512731.jpg
43KB, 600x524px
What happens to a beastman when he dies? What about really special beastmen? Do they become daemons, or if they're special daemon princes? Do they get spit back out into a new beastman?
>>
Do you think Warlord will produce Zwaihanders?
>>
Demons are made from the raw stuff of chaos. Like lesser reflections of their god. Nobody becomes a demon proper.

Demon princes are those rare mortals who gained sufficient favour with the gods to be rewarded with demonic immortality. It doesn't happen much.

The thing that sets beastmen apart from other mortal followers of the gods is that their souls belong to chaos from birth. Unlike most other mortals, they don't make a conscious choice to pledge their soul to chaos.

Chaos favours them as a parent favours his children. But chaos wants souls and beastmen can't pledge there. They're like the grunts that live and die in droves without ever really achieving much personal gain.

They pretty much just die and that's it.
>>
>>53838150
Plaguebearers and Bloodletters used to be people, though
>>
>>53837950
they get eaten

beastmen have a hard life
>>
>>53837950
Normal beastmen become wormfood. Special beastmen like beastlords and such are eaten by their followers to redistribute their strenght in the herd.

I don't think there are beastmen in lore who managed to gain deamonhood. Beastmen are natural children of chaos, they follow it out of sheer instincts and don't need to be corrupted by it, nor the gods need to fight over their souls.

I assumo tho that some of the most impressive beastmen actually become daemon princes. IIRC, there's a beastman in the forest of Loren that resurrects everytime it is killed. Immortality is a signature daemon prince ability
>>
>>53838313
>>53838358
Unfortunate, but it does give some hope. I mean, daemons are "natural children of chaos", but the gods favor them all the time and give them flashy gubbins and whatnot. Granted they also get their shit pushed in when the gods are in a bad mood, but that's beside the point. If the gods care about their jobbers enough to turn them into big deals occasionally, and turn random people into daemon princes for little more than amusing them, you'd think that Beastmen would get -something-, ya' know?

I guess GW just damned Beastmans to be the jobbest of the jobbers.
>>
>>53838571
Beast men get jack shit. Its why they generally bitch all the time to other followers of Chaos. They think themselves to be true and pure beings of Chaos, but they're used by everyone else (and by the gods themselves) as cannon fodder. They probably just get their souls devoured by the warp when someone ends their miserable existence.
>>
Are there any fan-made mass combat rules for WFRP 2E? Anything that you could use in substitute?
>>
>>53839280
http://forum.strike-to-stun.net/viewtopic.php?t=5893
>>
>>53837795
That's arguing in 2017 in general.
>>
>>53839280
Here's one one of my players suggested that I'll probably playtest.

>If a character uses two weapons and at least one of them has the balanced
trait, or if they have the Ambidextrous talent, they can make one additional
attack each round. The user must make at least one attack with each weapon
when doing this - you can't attack an additional time with your battleaxe
just because you have a main gauche in the other hand. However, unless a
weapon has the Defensive trait, it cannot be used to both parry and attack
in the same round.
>>
>>53837950

They go to beastman heaven.
>>
File: 1455856260304.jpg (560KB, 904x1219px) Image search: [Google]
1455856260304.jpg
560KB, 904x1219px
>>53838571
The chaos gods enjoy the game. They select their champions and pit them against each other, rewarding them and cursing them at turns. They like destruction, but more than that, they enjoy irony. There is a reason their chosen champion is a fallen templar of Sigmar.

Beastmen are their born servants. They have no choice but to serve - they are creatures of chaos heart and soul. The problem is that there's no fun in having a servant with no choice. The amusement lies in having mortals damn themselves of their own volition. So the beastmen are relegated to the facilitators of champions rather than champions themselves.

The beastmen know this. That's why they're so bitter. They envy men their free will. They know they will always be the second, unloved son and that hatred twists up inside their black hearts and drives them to despoil and desecrate the works of men. They do not merely destroy like orcs do. They seek to ruin things forever - to shit on works of art and rape the purest maidens.

They are the bullied become bullies. They're not proud barbarians, they're spiteful little shits like children who knock over sandcastles and pluck the wings off flies.
That's why I like them, actually. They're almost sympathetic in their own way.
>>
>>53837960

I hope so but in real landsknecht tactics only the pike block leader would have a zwaihander to batter down enemy pikes, I don't think you would have a unit of them like Great Swords.
>>
>>53839849
They were born in Chaos, moulded by it...
>>
>>53839907

I didn't see Altdorf until I was a man... and by then I was blinded by it.
>>
>>53839907
>>53840002
You're a besti Gor.
>>
>>53838571
A beastman achieving deamonhood is not documented, but as i said there are pieces if information here and there that indicate the existence of beastmen deamon princes or champions.
Apart from the constantly respawning shaman, who might very well be a daemon prince, there is another beastmen that is said to mutate instantly whoever and whatever gets near it into chaos spawns.
Not to mention that minotaur that was so bloodthirsty that he killed and ate the daemonic herald Khorne himself sent to give him his favour, becoming the Brass Bull as a consequence of eating daemon flesh.

Thing is beastmen probably need to work thrice as hard as human chaos worshippers to even get noted by their gods, let alone recieve any boon.
A beastlord should probably unite all tribes and burn altdorf or middenheim to the ground all on his own to achieve daemonhood. Or kill something like a herald or a greater daemon
>>
>>53840280
It does kind of make them special, in a way - any Beastman has to do what he does without a bunch of buffing blessings. One-Eye has done everything he's done by his own power and intelligence, even as he ages.
>>
How does trade east to Cathay happen if Chaos Dwarves, Ogres, and Hobgoblins and Hung are in the way?
>>
>>53841978
Sea. Ask the High Elves.
>>
>>53841978
Lahmians make sure the road silk flows.
They canonically control the route east.
>>
>>53842265
Lewd Lahmians prevail again.
>>
>>53842265
Wha? I thought the dwarves did a lot of the trading.
>>
>>53842265
No, they don't. The Ogres do.
>>
>>53836712
Grimgor is a loony toon.
>>
>>53837533
If orcs and goblins are like orks then fighting and dying is their main method of reproduction.
Which means an orc trying to kill you and you engaging him in a melee is the equivalent of sex. If you killed him then it means you were the one who thrust his hard object inside of the orc and released his reproductive spores.
Then again that's a big if and mostly to make a gay joke that's still not as funny as that time a bunch of gays pierced deep into the spartan rear.
>>
>>53842926
Not that anon, but the Lahmians control an old Dwarven hold in the North, around where the road finally comes out of the mountains. And depending on whether or not there's vampires living in Cathay, they have an 'in' in those distant markets.

>>53841978
While some Ogres have caught on to the fact that escorting people back and forth along the road is usually a better job than just clubbing them and taking their stuff. Can't remember which book it was in, probably one of the Army Books.
>>
>>53843225
I always find it annoying/confusing how much it sounds like Lahmians/Chaos/maybe Skaven or Dark Elves seem to have such widespread control over other factions, to the point that nothing is free of it. Makes you wonder how much of it is real, or how much is just amping them up and making them seem threatening from the inside.
>>
>>53844948

They can be very powerful but also very weak.

When a mob rocked up to Drachenfels they burned it to the ground, it would only take a similar thing to happen for them to be destroyed, if they annoyed enough people.
>>
>>53845118
So they're in control but lack the power to truly defend said control from a few angry peasants.
Small wonder the slutians are still alive, it's sager to lie beneath humans as they fuck you and not harm them than it is to try and take things by force.
It also leads to orgams so even better.
>>
File: b21.jpg (96KB, 778x658px) Image search: [Google]
b21.jpg
96KB, 778x658px
>>53845118
>>53845162

> When this is the most powerful cunt in Warhammer.
>>
File: 1492635566805.jpg (10KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492635566805.jpg
10KB, 255x200px
>>53845162
>it's sager to lie beneath humans as they fuck you and not harm them than it is to try and take things by force.
>It also leads to orgams so even better.
...?
>>
File: GW Citadel Scribe closeup.jpg (17KB, 390x306px) Image search: [Google]
GW Citadel Scribe closeup.jpg
17KB, 390x306px
>>53845938

We've got the Imperial Library of Nuln working around the seasons to try and translate it.
>>
>>53845938
Anon, the pussy has power.
Men will kill and die for the pussy.
Lhamians are just the only vampires to figure out what out women did eons ago.
>>
How would Drachenfels work as an LL in TWW?
>>
>tfw the oos minis are coming back in slowly

excellent
>>
File: Drachenfels.jpg (71KB, 350x519px) Image search: [Google]
Drachenfels.jpg
71KB, 350x519px
>>53846485

He would need a big lore update since he himself hasn't been seen since the 90's, his castle is still there though. Occupied by Blood Dragons or something, I can't remember.

He was a powerful necromancer but wasn't really aligned to anyone (he predates most of them), although in the End Times Nagash used his spirit.
>>
File: bearington progress.png (1MB, 992x794px) Image search: [Google]
bearington progress.png
1MB, 992x794px
So posted this in wip but I'm after suggestions/help/ideas so posting here. , I'm making a unit filler with my main man bearington, I am unsure as to what to use for straps holding the shields in place. My initial plan was greenstuff but I am not good at greenstuff so quickly bailed on that idea.

Anyone have suggestions as what to use as the straps holding the bears shields? currently I've blutac rigged some string, but hit a block.

I did just finish his base earlier., just not sure where to go with the bear from here
>>
File: 1492217911237.jpg (236KB, 2048x768px) Image search: [Google]
1492217911237.jpg
236KB, 2048x768px
>>53839849
That actually adds a lot of unexpected depth to them. If only there was a way for there to be a break-away faction of beastmen that function similarly to how Malal did when that was a thing. Beastmen who not only resent mankind for their undue attention, but also Chaos itself for effectively forsaking them. At the very least it'd be bad-ass for there to be some old, grizzled Warlord that had been around long enough to know that they're on their own- that -he's- on his own. Younger, less jaded beastmen flock to him because of his experience and the promise of war, but he sees in them wasted potential, and they heed him not. He is compelled only to drown his sorrow and his resentment for Man and Chaos, always on the road. "Road". You get the meaning.

>>53840280
Which is that shaman? It's been a while since I read the books and shit.

Wait, WAIT- what if beastmen become furies? Since furies have been described as what becomes of worshipers of Chaos that never chose a single god to devote themselves to, would it be unfeasible for many furies to be the soulstuff of deceased beastmen? They're suitably minor, and often the fodder of every other daemon, so it would keep in line with their lot in the scheme of things.
>>
>>53848239
cool
>>
>>53848286
Don't remember the name, but it's mentioned in the Knights of the Grail splatbook for WFRPG 2nd ed. And i think in the 6th edition beastmen army book too.

Problem is Beastmen are basically LoTR orcs: they hate everything. They hate life, beauty, even themselves. They hate and despise eachother, and hate those who rule over them. They exist only to kill and feast and defile everything they touch. The only reason they work as a group is fear of retribution from stronger beastmen and the constant killing of those who are too weak or stupid to defend themselves.
They are like orcs, except that they are not content with their lot in life. They cannot feel anything but hatred, and this hatred consumes them utterly. They won't renounce chaos not because they don't hate it, but because they hate everyone else more
>>
File: Untitled.png (10KB, 651x188px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10KB, 651x188px
>>53836105

I like how GW allowing another company to make a 4E for WFRP alongside an RPG for AoS suddenly means Fantasy is coming back.

Pretty sure this week saw and announcement of Total Warhammer stuff due to E3 and the Warhammer Community site couldn't even be bothered to make a post about it, they could for the Middle Earth SBG and BB though.

>>53836208

lol
>>
>>53849059
I hated that aspect of LotR orcs to be honest. They revolved around the forces of evil and Sauron. To me it just looks lazy and comes across as one dimensional. For the record, I'm not contesting the nature of orcs or beastmen, I was just saying it would be nice if beastmen had more depth to them. Shallow as they tend to be, it's a wonder they ever separated them from other chaos forces.

Maybe it's just me (probably just me) but I feel like it's an opportunity squandered. Greenskins are all sorts of goofy and have their own gods and various flavors within flavors (goblins, night goblins, forest goblins, or orcs and savage orcs), same with Skaven and their culture, society and clans. But for beastmen we just get "A bunch of unfortunate, upset goats." It'd be neat if they were chaos's answer to their daemons' limited interaction with the mortal realm. Maybe they could have been like ghouls; a society of beings, or once-men, who (rather than cannibalism) fell to chaos and devolved to the point that they are now the beastmen we all know and love.

Instead we've got Basically NPCs.
>>
>>53849427
See it as an opportunity.

Since they're so shallow you can do whatever you want with them while not fearing to cross the boundaries of canon.

Beastmen are so removed fron the eyes of chaos gods they can worship a whole bunch of lesser deities and/or corrupted nature spirits.

I figure it wouldn't be much of a stretch to have beastmen worship lesser daemons or daemon princes, or even some twisted aspect of the Horned Rat, or even a dryad or a treeman that has been corrupted by chaos (or by the beastmen themselves)
>>
>>53849486
>or even a dryad
Drycha beastman harem, you say :^)?
>>
>>53849518
Not knowing anything about wood elves lore, i have no idea who this drycha is, but sure, you do you
>>
File: ChestiLaTree.jpg (29KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
ChestiLaTree.jpg
29KB, 600x620px
>>53849544
Pic related. Batshit insane dryad that thinks all meatbags must be final solutioned to secure a future for saplings and all of tree kind. Emphasis on the "not mentally sound".

In Skub: The Wargame, she's recieved a new model where she's stuck inside an even bigger tree body that shoots bees, but now she's less insane because all the other tree people are more insane. But I digress.
>>
>>53849059
>>53848286

He's morghur. It's the chief enemy of Athel Loren, and the one that make Drycha and Alarielle go mad
>>
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/876061884620746752
>>
>>53849207
All Fantasy sales are AoS sales.
>>
>>53850722

I knew someone was going to peddle out that excuse.

Seriously, it's time to just suck it up and admit that AoS picked up some steam once GW added points and released more armies.
>>
>>53850701
is that paul ryan?
kek
>>
>>53824172
Both of you are wrong.

It was:

12 warriors with full command
10 thunderers with full command
8 miners with full command
1 slayer
1 thane
1 cannon
>>
>>53850840
>once they shoved down people's throats enough some decided to swallow
No.
>>
>>53849207

> Posts a chart that was basically made with a questionnaire to third party shops which only asked for an opinion.

M8 they didn't use any statistics to make that table, I'm sorry but AoS is not the world beater people used to think it could have been. Which doesn't really please me because if they can it the whole range will get dropped.
>>
>>53852952
Good. Burn it all down.
>>
>>53852983

A part of me would enjoy that but a part of me is happy that 80% of the range is still available.

>>53848239

I think it looks best with the rope, if you want to make some with green stuff you can get a very think bit of wire, roll out some green stuff into a very thin sausage shape and then wrap it around the wire so that it looks like thick hemp rope.
>>
Is there a good set of rules and unit list for making a nippon army that isn't the TL;DR weeb rulebook one finds on a cursory google search?
>>
>>53853230

I think one of the forge world books had a very basic list for Nippon raiders.

Alternatively I would just use the Empire book. Spear men can be the levied troops, great swords can be samurais etc. Remember Karl Franz has access to the imperial zoo.
>>
>>53853037
I'm a Bretonnia and Tomb Kangz fan, so you can guess my response to that.
>>
File: 10.jpg (19KB, 300x626px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
19KB, 300x626px
>>53854321

Until the final errant war.
>>
>>53854292
Yeah, the Empire list is pretty solid at representing eastern armies. The only big hole is cavalry - they need some horse archers and a melee cavalry unit that isn't in full plate.
>>
>>53854379
For Liege and Lady.
>>
>>53854496
Use the old Kislev army list ones, the winged lancers and ungol bowmen.
>>
>>53854496

I would just use their cavalry with pistols and repeater handguns to represent them.
>>
>>53853230
Use Bretonnia.
Samurai were primarily horsemen and used spears.
>>
>>53835704
>Did any of you try out AoS Skirmish?
pretty hard to play a game that my army isnt in
>>
>>53854496
9th age has empire fast cav skirmishers with bows and multiple shots
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.