[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Traffic Jams" in party planning and task resolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: lovesyck reaction image.png (278KB, 365x442px) Image search: [Google]
lovesyck reaction image.png
278KB, 365x442px
>Before he does that, I'm going to...
>Wait! I want to...
>While they're arguing about that, I...

Over and over and over again, the players preempt one another with their own actions, bidding back the resolution of any task so far that the GM inevitably loses track of what everyone's trying to do. When he asks for a summary, the players disagree about what's happening when, and the argument starts all over again, trying to cut in line and be first, and to make sure their wishes are heard and acted on before anything can actually happen in the story.

What is there that can be done about this?
>>
>>53790582
Roll for initiative, resolve actions in order.

Alternatively tell them to stop acting like fucking children.
>>
>>53790582
This lettering reminds me of the slutty elf comic.
>>
>>53790582
Let it happen. If they get nothing done they get nothing done, you're not their employer, why would you care about their efficiency?
As for tracking things, write it down, draw flowcharts if you need to.
>>
>>53790707
I Roved Out in Search of Truth and Love?
>>
>>53790707
It's the same person
>>
File: 1493935538638.gif (6MB, 320x240px)
1493935538638.gif
6MB, 320x240px
>>53790582
OSR or D&D:
I ask the group "what do you want to do?" First player to say yes does that thing. If another player wants to interupt or go first, they roll off, of we go to initiative.

If they all dither or bicker or try and decide the best course of action and there's a strict time pressure, then they take an initative penalty when they get around to acting (they hesitated, the monsters moved quickly) or I roll on the random encounter table.

Fate or Rogue Trader or Star Wars:
Let it riiiiiiiiide. It's fun to listen to.
>>
>>53790582
Resolve the scene as if their characters were simply standing there drooling on themselves. When they get pissy about it tell them you don't have all fucking day to listen to them bicker like children on the playground so you're just going to keep the game moving along.
>>
>>53790759
what in the hell is that gif from?
>>
>>53790952
Wow, A Talking Fish!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmB4DfG-3K4
>>
>>53791000
thanks.
>>
>>53790582
Simplest way; declare intention in reverse order of initiative.
That way, the characters with lightening fast reactions get to shape their actions in response to whatever the others are going to do...
>but anon, it's not structured time/combat!
Doesn't matter.
This way if a character is going to do something "lolrandumb" later in the series of events (by effective initiative), other players may have already pre-empted the outcome through their own character's actions, or at least managed to limit the potential problems that follow
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.