[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40K New Faction Idea: Planetary Forces and Civilians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Planetary Governor.jpg (83KB, 259x466px) Image search: [Google]
Planetary Governor.jpg
83KB, 259x466px
Generally within each planet of the Imperium of Man there is a world of different factions. I think they should form their own tabletop playable army to be a more expendable force compared to the Imperial Guard. Since whenever a force invades a planet in the Imperium they will have to deal with these immediate threats which may work together when these xenos or chaotic forces arise.

These forces include:
1. Adeptus Administratum (Mostly for one HQ Unit)
2. Adeptus Arbites
3. Planetary Defense Force
4. Imperial Sects
5. Hive Gangs

Imagine HQs can be everything from:
1. Administratum Adepts
2. Arbite Judges
3. Planetary Governor
4. Highborn
5. Sect Confessors
6. Gang Leaders

These faction is the Imperium version of the Renegades and Heretics but even more expendable.

Troops range from Arbites as the best and Hive Gangs and local Sects as the tar pits. There also exist primitive but rabid melee forces from savage worlds. Then of course we have the Planetary defense force soldiers. Vehicles include civilian vehicles and whatever a PDF/Arbites has for vehicles.
>>
>>53787097
>More Imperials
Ugh.
>>
>>53787249
I'm actually more sick of unending space marines chapters for both Imperial and Chaos.
>>
>>53787249
Nobody is forcing you to play imperial.
>>
>>53787721
All the effort spent on making Imperial shit is effort not going into a more interesting faction.
>>
>>53787097

I'd be more interested in seeing smaller, tactical missions involving Imperial Citizens. Something similar to Infinity.
>>
Non Chaos Renegades! Bring back the Sensei!
>>
>>53796538
>implying that the Sensei weren't Chaos
3e corebook, son.

As for the OP's idea... Genestealer Cultists. We'd basically just need a "If your Genestealer Cult detachment doesn't contain any actual xenos, then you can play it as a part of an Imperium army" rule.
>>
>>53787097
While I would love to see more models of these factions and have more background on day to day life on different worlds, I'm not sure how this would work out for the table top. I mean, PDFs and gangers have to be weaker than guardsman , right? The model count would be too large for 40k as it is.
Maybe they could release something for Shadow war?
>>
>>53796676
They are the Imperial Version for Chaos Cultist.
>>
>>53787097

I like the idea, mainly due to PDF not being represented anywhere.

In fluff, the only mention of PDF is always the same - Chaos/Orks/Nids/anyone invades a planet, and "the PDF forces ware overwhelmed within hours".

If that is the case, what would be the point of such forces?

But in general, I would thing things like PDF, Arbites, Gangs ands such should be clamped together with Assassins, Inquisition and other Imperial factions in a single Codex or supplement.,
>>
>>53796821
They can all unite under the "Imperial Agents" codex, that means adding just more infantry forces. I especially want Zealots (Frateris Militia), Penitents (Not Penitent Engines), Bound Psykers, and Confessors (A better Ministorum priest) to be added.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.