[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cyoag/ - CYOA General - We're All Going To Die Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 555
Thread images: 50

File: Magic Mentor.jpg (6MB, 1200x7304px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Mentor.jpg
6MB, 1200x7304px
Previous Thread: >>53771803
Resources and Drives: https://pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Let's distract ourselves from our ever approaching end with cyoas, escapism, and waifus.
>>
File: Page 01.png (5MB, 1200x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Page 01.png
5MB, 1200x8000px
>>
File: Page 02.png (3MB, 1200x4500px) Image search: [Google]
Page 02.png
3MB, 1200x4500px
>>53786298
>>
File: Page01.jpg (967KB, 1500x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Page01.jpg
967KB, 1500x4000px
01/03
>>
File: Page02.jpg (1MB, 1500x3911px) Image search: [Google]
Page02.jpg
1MB, 1500x3911px
>>53786347
02/03
>>
File: Page03.jpg (1MB, 1500x3938px) Image search: [Google]
Page03.jpg
1MB, 1500x3938px
>>53786364
03/03
>>
File: IMG_0126.jpg (734KB, 1559x595px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0126.jpg
734KB, 1559x595px
>>53786379
>>
File: IMG_3268.jpg (4MB, 1200x9300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3268.jpg
4MB, 1200x9300px
Guess I'll keep the Sci-Fi theme going.
>>
File: IMG_3287.jpg (3MB, 1200x9300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3287.jpg
3MB, 1200x9300px
>>53786410
>>
>>53786354
Pallas-senpai, where are you? Don't leave me, we need to be together! You won't believe the things I'd do for you.
To you.
>>
File: Comfy Spaceship CYOA 1 v2.2.jpg (6MB, 1600x5641px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Spaceship CYOA 1 v2.2.jpg
6MB, 1600x5641px
Comfy Spacehip CYOA v2.2

V2 Changes:
>A small change for differentiating between ships
- Small ships gain additional Wonders
- Medium ships gain additional Facility points
- Large ships gain more Special features points.
- Swapped Mining ship and Yacht
>Clarification of Tier points system.
- Made it easier to understand (Please tell me if it is still somehow confusing)
- changed amount of points given for choosing ship features.
>Some changes with choice descriptions and tiers.
- Fixed as many typos as I and other anons could find.
- I tried to change up the Nanorobot AR tiers to be less powerful and have more clear descriptions. I think what I have now works better.
- Added a choice to choose one or all Leisure Activities(Now 'Recreational Activities')/crew members/Pets(Now 'A Loving Being')

V2.2 Changes:
>Tbh I've kind of forgot some of them.
- Changes the points system again, should be even easier for people who don't know how to read.
- 1 New wonder replacing a different one which has been merged with an existing wonder of a similar nature.
- Added clear to see points costs
- Made Hazard lines more visible.
- Slight tweaks to descriptions

This should really be the last version. I plan on no more minor changes.

Thanks for all the feedback and help.
>>
File: Comfy Spaceship CYOA 2 v2.2.jpg (5MB, 1600x5641px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Spaceship CYOA 2 v2.2.jpg
5MB, 1600x5641px
>>53786494
>>
>>53786520
>>53786403
I you appreciate posting my cyoa I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to save it, but I have new versions, keep the Ship DLC if you plan on deleting them.
>>
>>53786494
>>53786520
I'm glad you're taking feedback, but I personally think that some anons with reading comprehension issues have resulted in a general decline in asthetics. All that yellow and the emphasis of the hazard lines is not comfy
>>
>>53786494
I share this >>53786652 anon's opinion. It's getting too cluttered, and I think on /tg/ basic literacy can be assumed.
>>
>>53786652
On the previous versions, I could barely see the hazard lines on some options and the small text at the bottom was nigh invisible, so it's an improvement for me. I'll agree on the yellow tier costs though
>>
>>53786494
>>53786520
I like it, thanks.

>Alien scout
I dislike big ships and I think the healing metal thing will also mean this thing will last for long without maintenance.
>Classy
Futuristic would do me fine but a tiny bit of aesthetics I don't mind. Functionality is most important though.

Facilities:
>Plant Garden 1 (19)
While VR would be nice, I also would like to sit among actual nature. Plus, gardening is a nice hobby.
>Fabricator 2 (16)
Very useful device. Not only tools and other gadgets I'd need at a time, but also an ability to make me tasty food? I'm sold.
>Expanded cabin 1 (15)
I don't know what's the qualiy of regular cabin so that's just in case.
>Medical lab 3 (9)
Again, very useful and able to provide me with certain long-lasting boons.
>Augmented Reality Room 1 (8)
I just need decent net connection to fill my time and HDD with libraries of books, games, anime, movies and other stuff. Also, contact with friends and family.
>Crew Quarters (Robot) 1 (7)
I've considered humans for having actual living companions but reliability and smooth functionality of my ship for my enjoyment takes precedence.

Still got points to spare? Wow, that's a lot.
>Bathing amenities 2 (4)
Quick and easy way to maintain hygiene. Good.
>Library 2 (1)
I'd assume that most of it would be provided by net access, just with me having to find the books on my own. Oh well, got points for such a luxury.
>Training complex 1 (0)
Don't care about training much but this way I am guaranteed an armory "just in case".
>>
>>53786652
The yellow points costs does seem abit much, I wasn't totally happy with it myself. The good thing about cyoas is at least I know I can consistently please myself and I suppose that's all that matters. I'll delete it and post a one with out the point costs.
>>
What are the thoughts on forcing in some sort of immortality clause onto Med Lad T3 before I do?
>>
>>53786842
I'm against it. I hate being forced to be alive when the black holes are tearing the universe apart.
>>
>>53786842
Against. Leave it to our creativity.
>>
>>53786842
If you think it'll shut the unimaginative morons up, go for it.
>>
>>53786796
>Special features:
>A.I. Companion 2 (7)
Together with...
>Synthetic Android (you've made a typo, creator, in "andrioid") (1)
...to have a set of bodyguards/servants/harem waifus all in one.
Would take a lover but I believe those should be achieved by one's own power, not given with a ship, so:
>Powered armor (0)
I wonder what's difference between it and EVA suit. Is the armor not hermetically sealed? Or just worse for longer EVA activities? Either way, I'd take it for some defensive potential mixed with EVA necessities.

>Wonders
Seriously, too many points. Too many points anywhere. (6)
>Ruined civilizations (5)
>Megalisthis structures (4)
>Alien spaceships (3)
>Stunning technology (2)
To see a bit of the world that's not just human. To expand horizons.
>Natural Wonders (1)
>Earth (0)
Because just because it's something closer to human like me doesn't mean it has no value to appreciate.
>>
>>53786842
Don't. Retards are already making it look less comfy, don't spell things out for them. This isn't Stardust, you don't need autistically detailed mechanics
>>
>>53786842
I am also against forcing it. I've said last thread that descriptions themselves mention some procedures that open plenty of possibilities. If someone is unable to explore them without being directly told to, they shouldn't be given those possibilities.
>>
>>53786877
>>53786520
Underlining this bit in case the CYOA creator won't give a crap about my build and may miss it:
Typo in "synthetic android" option
>>
>>53786842
Not sure how you'd fit it in. I'm perfectly happy being able to just imagine that it can extend my life even if it doesn't specifically say so.

Maybe you should remove the mention of immortality from the Mind Upload choice, so that people don't think it has to say 'immortal' to be the immortality choice? I would think most people assume being uploaded to a robotic body is immortality without being told.
>>
>>53786935
I am all for taking the mention of immortality from mind upload but for different reason - the fact that people often argue about this trope (given that data isn't really moved, only copied between devices and that mind upload likely wouldn't really grant immortality, just create a digital copy of the user even when specific "copy" command won't be chosen).
>>
>>53786842
Put in a mention that you can do it with that lab.
>>
>>53786935
>>53786975
I agree that immortality should be removed from mind upload and the clones. They're not immortality options.
>>
>>53786842
Yes please. The only people against it are saying so out of spite (essentially saying 'fuck you people who don't like clones!' and such.)
>>
>>53786935
>Being killed and some data copied into a robot
>Immortality
>>
File: 1486567909681.jpg (136KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486567909681.jpg
136KB, 427x640px
Catgirls > Elves
>>
>>53786842
I think they're confused by what you mean with forcing. Put the information in, but don't make it mandatory, essentially.
>>
Comfy Spacehip CYOA v2.2

V2 Changes:
>A small change for differentiating between ships
- Small ships gain additional Wonders
- Medium ships gain additional Facility points
- Large ships gain more Special features points.
- Swapped Mining ship and Yacht
>Clarification of Tier points system.
- Made it easier to understand (Please tell me if it is still somehow confusing)
- changed amount of points given for choosing ship features.
>Some changes with choice descriptions and tiers.
- Fixed as many typos as I and other anons could find.
- I tried to change up the Nanorobot AR tiers to be less powerful and have more clear descriptions. I think what I have now works better.
- Added a choice to choose one or all Leisure Activities(Now 'Recreational Activities')/crew members/Pets(Now 'A Loving Being')

V2.2 Changes:
>Tbh I've kind of forgot some of them.
- Changes the points system again, should be even easier for people who don't know how to read.
- 1 New wonder replacing a different one which has been merged with an existing wonder of a similar nature.
- Added clear to see points costs
- Made Hazard lines more visible.
- Slight tweaks to descriptions

- Removed references to immortality in Mind upload, desu it should be obvious.
- Removed reference to clones ensuring your survival, its got bad wording and isn't entirely correct
- Removed Yellow Tier Cost circles.

This should really be the last version. I plan on no more minor changes.
I said As I made more minor changes

Thanks for all the feedback and help.

>>53786877
>>53786926
I save and appreciate all the builds people make to I can improve the cyoa based on feedback.
Thanks for spotting that, when I spell checked I didn't do titles because it would have been tedious.
>>
File: PervySuper.pdf (373KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
PervySuper.pdf
373KB, 1x1px
>>
>>53787212
>>
>>53787178
>>53786470
Though I know you're not true Pallas. Pallas-senpai wouldn't advertise herself like that.
>>
File: 1377942424673.jpg (17KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
1377942424673.jpg
17KB, 404x404px
>>53787212
>Remove the immortality lines from the options that don't give it.
>Don't add one to the option that does.
>>
>>53787275
Yes, how astute of you. Now the ability to become immortal is left solely to your discretion, with the option of even getting it without an option somehow. All in all, a vast improvement.
>>
>>53787270
It's genuinely unnerving that people know me this well
>>
>>53787212
I've noticed that you need tier three of mind upload to be at 'true artificial intelligence levels'. Does that not mean that unless you pick that option, you are uploading your copy to a NON-SAPIENT vessel? Reducing it to an animal or computer play-acting, essentially.
>>
>>53787303
How the fuck would you get it without an option? And no, all it does is make it impossible, essentially. You'd basically be wanking yourself to think that you'd get it.
>>
>>53787129
>The only people against it are saying so out of spite
Are you rusing or retarded?
>>
>>53787212
>I save and appreciate all the builds people make
Glad to hear that. Can you please then explain the two things I was wondering about when making my build? Specifically, I mean the difference between regular and expanded cabin since the regular one isn't mentioned and difference of EVA potential of powered armor vs dedicated EVA suit since I've chosen the former hoping it'd have at least some EVA usability even if only for short periods of time.
>>
>>53787315
''True artificial inteligence'' as something like supercomputer smart not human smart
>>
>>53786494
>>53786520
Please Ignore these, can't delete them now unfortunately.

No changes made to Ship DLC.
>>53786403

>>53787275
All this whining about wanting """REAL""" immortality and complaining when it isn't shoved in your face. I would have expected that such philosophical geniuses on the subject of immortality would know straight away that Genetic Engineering does that.
>>
>>53787346
Are you reading the same thread? All the replies against it are basically insults about how everyone is stupid for wanting clarity.
>>
>>53787359
That's not what those terms mean.
>>
>>53787306
What?>>53787306
>>
>>53787376
And what does it mean then?
>>
>>53787365
How is asking for clarity 'shoving it in your face', exactly? You might as well say mentioning the library has physical books is shoving it in your face.
>>
I'm going to become immortal with combination of Bath level 2 and Library level 1
>>
>>53787390
I basically never use a name unless I'm posting my cyoas
>>
>>53787393
An artificial intelligence is just a computer capable of self-writing code and thus reaching a level of true sapience. You'd by necessity have to upload into a system capable of AI or its not a person.
>>
>>53787430
I think you are overthinking this
>>
>>53787351
Default Cabin
>>53784456
EVA suit is specifically made for Extra Vehicular Activities, (Moving outside of your spaceship) and hence has a MMU (Space Jetpack for maneuvering in Zero-G

Powered armor is primarily for fighting, comes with defensive systems, super strength hardened armor for defending against weapons and such. No zero-g maneuverability.Mag boots at most.
>>
>>53778786
>Probably show up with a lamenated "date plan," and be terrorfied of boring you.
Missed your response. That's adorable.
>>
>>53787454
I'm just busy being right.
>>
>>53787330
Pick Stunning Technology, Alien Spaceships, Ruined Civilizations, Prime Cynosure AI, or Dimensional Entity. Get it from one of those sources.

And of course you're wanking yourself getting it. That's how CYOAs work. You wank responsibly, and if you're too far beyond the bounds people laugh at you until you stop describing your build. Think you can get it with T3 medical lab? Evidently you can. Think you can get it with T1 cloning? Justify it. Think you can get it with T1 Gardens? Prepare to be mocked. CYOA is working as intended.
>>
>>53787306
Of course I'd differentiate between true Pallas-senpai and fakes, since not only Pallas is an unique, beautiful star shining in my life with her warm glow but also in her loveliness she belongs to me and only me so we can love each other eternally
or at least for a few minutes more while I still shitpost about it till I get bored of it - not that I have against Pallas but you know, I don't know the person and I am not a thirsty groupie
>>
>>53787483
this man speaks wisdom
>>
>>53787365
Genetic Engineering is a broad, broad subject. Selective breeding is, on a level, genetic engineering. The word genetic engineering gives people exactly zero ideas of what it's capable of, and essentially using a virus or nanomachine to inject plasmids into the nuclei of every cell you have for the sake of granting yourself biological immortality is on the very extreme end of what it can do. Without further information, nobody would have any idea that the option can go that far.
>>
>>53787483
>Getting immortality by T1 Gardens
>If i plant myself and then i plant the seeds i will make i can get cloning for free thus getting inmortality without buying cloning!
>>
>>53787459
>No zero-g maneuverability.Mag boots at most.
Wouldn't anti-gravity flight work as well? I mean, gravity exists also in space, at least outside of "deep space" - something makes the planets orbit the suns and so on.
>>
>>53787483
You need to justify that any of those options possess such a technology then you need to clarify in exactly what form it comes in.
>>
>>53787533
>alien ships now not only possess fuckable locks and other control panels but also gardens in which you literally are meant to grow your seed
Enjoy.
>>
It's impossible to cater to everyone, we all have different personal beliefs and philosophies so I can only do soo much clarifying without forcing my own beliefs onto the cyoa.
I'll primarily be making this CYOA for myself but I want others to enjoy it and be able to make up their own minds.

I've given you the choices.

But I'll leave the philosophical debates to you guys.
>>
>>53787665
This isn't even a philosophy debate, it's a matter of information. Putting in the capabilities of genetic engineering isn't inject philosophy into it whatsoever.
>>
>>53787541
No, you don't. CYOAs are an exercise in imagination. If your imagination requires specific details on immortality and the science justifying it to work, that's an issue with you. Not the author and not the content.
>>
>>53787665
Reminder that you'll eventually die and rot in your ship in only a few decades.
>>
I have never seen a CYOA argued over by a bunch of illiterate, small minded assclowns as this one.
>>
>>53787707
But those decades may be worth more and bring more fullfilment and joy than lifetimes of regular living!
Death hurts little when you have no regrets and plenty of accomplished goals.
>>
>>53787706
Yes you do. How are you 'wanking responsibly' if the option is magically giving you everything you want without any justification or indication that's possible? I guess the fucking lamp in your bedroom has a genie because it just does so you get everything you want, huh?
>>
>>53787737
Spoken like a twenty-something idiot.
>>
>>53787727
>posting just to call people names
Welp, I guess that means you fit the argument and its parties as you described them very well.
>>
>>53787727
Is it worse than the debate over whether the Everyday Life with Angel and Demon CYOA meant to say 'choose from row' or 'choose from column'?
>>
>>53787739
Well, regular "wanking responsibly" involves not leaving a mess in the shower stall, and keeping the noise down if your housemates are around. I'd guess it would be similar.
>>
>>53787739
See >>53787483

This is a Comfy cyoa. It does not need explicit detail about immortality. That's for the player to describe or ignore how they see fit.
>>
>>53787772
If it continues into the next thread it will be.
>>
>>53787750
>you're silly and I am edgy so I will try to establish superiority
While I am still barely in my twenties, this is a belief members of older generation in my family hold, including those of them who don't have much left and are able to face it with surprising dignity and peace of mind. Maybe it's just excuses, but they seem to work.
>>
>>53787819
Don't respond to idiotic posts like that.
>>
>>53787819
You'll see differently on your deathbed, dear.
>>
>>53787804
It being 'comfy' doesn't mean you instantly get everything you want. You have yet to justify how any of those options possess immortality technology and in what form it would be. Without that justification, you might as well be saying a space fairy randomly stopped by and made you immortal.
>>
>>53787750
Spoken like a pretentious teenage idiot.
>>
>>53787850
Space fairies don't go and give people inmortality silly
>>
>>53787835
Or he won't - you need some growing up on your own if you think you can keep your head firmly between your butcheeks and assume everyone goes by your mileage.

>>53787832
But mooom, just this once.
>>
>>53787850
>you might as well be saying a space fairy randomly stopped by and made you immortal

Both are equally valid because none of it exists in the first place. If someone wants to write into their build "I use Tier 3 Lab to make myself immortal" that's fine. If someone wants to say "I meet a fairy Space Creature that makes me immortal" that's fine too. That's for the person playing the cyoa to decide, and us as a thread to make verbally abuse them for it.
>>
>>53787212
>Removed reference to clones ensuring your survival, its got bad wording and isn't entirely correct
as in you still die, you just appear on your ship again?
i don't want to ask the big question regarding this and i'm assuming it's up to the reader to decide
>>
>>53787902
Neither is valid because it's unjustified and stupid wank.
>>
>>53787901
Why do kids try so hard to pretend they don't mind growing old? You know you're lying.
>>
>>53787926
Clones do not possess continuity with you. They are not you. So they are not immortality options.
>>
>>53787960
is this an official ruling or are you just some guy
>>
>>53787887
You've clearly spent a lot of time around space fairies to be able to know this.

Of course, if they're anything like non-space fairies, any immortality they gave you would probably not be the kind you'd be able to appreciate. Fairies are not nice people.
>>
>>53787926
Your 'existence' isn't exactly 'ensured' if you die.
>>
>>53787902
I would disagree. I was with you as far as "you don't need explicit detail" goes, but by no means explanations pulled from one's butt with no basis in actual choices and fluff presented by CYOA are on par with a person considering possibilities actual choices provide. The fact it's not real doesn't mean it's not meant to be looked at in boundaries of some consistency with choices and setting presented. Otherwise you can as well ignore every choice of every CYOA ever and just make up shit which, yes, would be wrong.

I very much prefer attitude expressed in >>53787483 - there's ingenuity and creativity but then there's stretching believability of offered choices up to the point of it looking stupid which can and likely will invite disbelief and mockery. Deserved mockery.
>>
>>53787960
What's the difference between falling asleep, and exploding into thin mist and getting out of clone pod 8h later?
>>
>>53787938
The entire concept of create your own adventures is stupid wank. I'm not sure why you're trying to apply your own preconceived notions about what is justified and what isn't to the author. If you want to ask someone who posted a build how they achieved immortality, that's fine. And they're perfectly welcome to either explain their logic or ignore you. But you're an idiot for trying to insist the author include that when they don't want to.
>>
>>53787975
Not him but isn't that a common sense? Immortality means you don't die. With clones, you very much die, you just have a copy thinking they're you taking your place.
>>
>>53787975
That they don't possess continuity is canon. He said it last thread.

>>53787991
Your mind doesn't shut down during sleep. Why are there so many idiots that don't know how sleep works, goddamn.
>>
>>53787978
Fairies are not bad people just really fucking weird
>>
>>53787991
One is you sleeping and the other is you dying and a copy of you continuing on. It isn't that hard anon.
>>
>>53787998
No, whenever you do something in a CYOA, it needs to make sense and be justified by the information presented to you. Going outside of that makes you an idiot.

Think about all those independent builds for stardust in Herald Motherships flying around with no support. They can't justify that they should exist, so they get raided by pirates.
>>
File: Fluffy Preview.jpg (643KB, 1500x568px) Image search: [Google]
Fluffy Preview.jpg
643KB, 1500x568px
8 down, 4 to go.
>>
>>53788007
The same can be said about any break in consciousness you go through, like going to sleep.
>>
>>53788007
That only if you believe in a 'soul' which creates your consciousness, and not that consciousness is just a specific arrangement of information and atoms which make you, you.
>>
>>53787978
>>53788022
Please don't pretend like the modern 'all fairies are dicks' interpretation is how mythological fairies always acted. It's a gross over-simplification for edgy's sake.
>>
>>53787991
Missing the time between your last backup being taken and when you blew up, compared to just waking up?

The difference between comfortably snoozing off, and remembering "oh yeah, blowing up hurts! A lot!"... falling asleep typically doesn't result in PTSD.

Also, depending on your state of health, sleeping creates a lot less mess than blowing up. Usually.

That, and when you wake up from sleeping, you're older than when you went to sleep, but when you step out of the clone pod, probably not so much.
>>
>>53788037
How's your WIP addiction doing?
>>
>>53788039
That's not a break in consciousness, your brain is still running while you sleep, you fool.

>>53788048
It's continuous brain function. Not 'muh atoms', and hell, that fucking clone isn't made of the same atoms regardless.
>>
>>53787988
I don't think he realizes that CYOAs exist to have structure.
>>
>>53788048
So if you are cloned right now and the clone makes decisions it is in fact you making those decisions and not the clone?
>>
>>53788009
>That they don't possess continuity is canon. He said it last thread.
fuck, there goes my plan of having a bunch of disposable clones of myself to swap into, with exaggerated personality traits

and i ended up starting a consciousness argument anyway, fuck me
>>
>>53788035
>so they get raided by pirates.
They do? Considering these scenarios exist purely in the imagination of the writer, I'm not sure how you intend to invade someone's mental plane of existence and have pirates raid them.

Not that I disagree with >>53787988. In fact, I totally agree with them. But logically equating fairies granting immortality with genetic engineering granting immortality is silly.

>No, whenever you do something in a CYOA, it needs to make sense and be justified
Those are some strange rules that you've made up for people playing pretend.
>>
>>53788009
What does it matter that mind doesn't shut down, consciousness does. What's the difference between getting up from bed or clone pod?

>>53788034
You are just arbitrarily defining it as dying, please justify your opinions.

>>53788056
The backup system could easily discard the last few seconds to prevent you from remembering pain. If you feel like then it wouldn't be you, it could give you the memories but dull the memory of sensation.
>>
>>53786520
Needs more options, The Special Ship Features had me with 5 points sitting in the air with nothing to expend them on.

Also, why am I exploring the universe again? It wasn't explained.
>>
>>53787946
Because life and death are one and the same and a human being can easily acclimatize to the inevitable surrender of the void?

It's not that hard anon I got this down when I was thirteen.
>>
>>53788052
Eh don't look at me i always thought that was the retarded trend of making everything edgy because it has to be edgy
>>
>>53788071
>That's not a break in consciousness, your brain is still running while you sleep, you fool.

You don't actually know what that means, do you? If your brain wasn't running you'd be dead, not unconscious.
>>
>>53788092
Its making the decisions that you would make in that situation. but in that case that clone is both you and not you.
But forget about that, what I want to say is that if you were to die, lose consciousness and after death get cloned automatically, I believe that you'd be conscious in that cloned body, as if you fell asleep from the start of your death and woke up in the cloning tank.
>>
>>53788052
Nobody but you thinks all fairies are dicks anon. Everyone else here is just saying they aren't going to be your special shiney friend, because their idea of friend and yours aren't likely to be even slightly compatible.
>>
>>53788048
Except the clone isn't that same arrangement of information and atoms. It's an arrangement that was created at a different time, in a different way, from different atoms. It's not you by any definition.
>>
>>53788146
It is, in part. Evil fairies existed, as did really alien ones. But friendly fairies that liked being around and protecting people existed too. Think of the Brownie. Only some modern fuckhead would try to spin them as something edgy. All they want to do is clean your house for some food, as long as you don't give them payment. If you do, they just leave.

>>53788161
Bzzt, wrong. Here's you shoving in modern edgy shit into old folklore like you know anything.
>>
>>53788126
> why am I exploring the universe again? It wasn't explained.

You're the one who played the cyoa m8 you tell me.
>>
>>53788037
When can we get the full release?
>>
>>53788154
You don't know what consciousness means in terms of continuity, do you?
>>
>>53788126
>Also, why am I exploring the universe again? It wasn't explained.
It's a sad day when exploring the universe became a chore, not a purpose of its own.
>>
>>53788155
That's magic thinking. You are implying some kind of cosmic magic exists that ensures continuity, and in that way you are no different than people who believe in souls.
>>
>>53788103
>You are just arbitrarily defining it as dying, please justify your opinions.
It's dying by an objective definition. All vital functions cease, as does corporeal existence. You're the one arbitrarily defining it as not dying.
>>
>>53788164
My body is arranged different and is composed of different atoms in different excitement states than just moment ago and if you go a little more into past, from completely different atoms too. Am I not myself anymore?
>>
>>53787946
It's not a lie, it's you not understanding (not so) subtle difference between acceptance of unfavorable turn of events while finding solace elsewhere and thinking everything's peachy. I mind growing old but I already were in situation where my survival was not ensured and if I could decide whether I am fine with it based on my morality, accomplishments and regrets I think I can manage to do the same balancing of scales when I will be older.
>>
>>53788103
See >>53788185

It refers to continued brain function and awareness. Your brain is still functioning, still aware, and hell, did you forget dreams are a thing?
>>
>>53788185
You don't know what it means at all.
>>
>>53788099
>Those are some strange rules
It's called common sense.
>>
>>53788201
>That's magic thinking
Ofcourse it's fucking magic thinking
Nobody knows what consciousness IS or how it is created.
This is a SCI-FI cyoa you have to have magic thinking.
>>
>>53788171
>It is, in part. Evil fairies existed, as did really alien ones. But friendly fairies that liked being around and protecting people existed too. Think of the Brownie. Only some modern fuckhead would try to spin them as something edgy. All they want to do is clean your house for some food, as long as you don't give them payment. If you do, they just leave.

So Brownies grant immortality now? Never saw that in any of the folklore about them.

Pretty much any fairy that made people live long times were doing it for fucked up reasons, or as a punishment.
>>
>CYOA maker refuses to do a simple clarification
>Now people only want to argue about his CYOA and don't like it anymore
>>
>>53788251
The conversation is not about space fairy immortality anymore.
>>
>>53788251
I thought we were arguing about fairies not inmortality
>>
>>53788252
>trying to shift the narrative

It goes more like this...
>CYOA maker makes a CYOA
>People play and enjoy it, but some people don't like reading
>People who are bad at reading ask for unnecessary changes
>They are chastised for doing so, then proceed to cry that authors don't always cater to them
>>
>>53788247
Except we are studying the brain to pinpoint it. Don't treat it like it's magic and not just a function we haven't ascribed to a particular brain structure yet.

Also, the maker ruled explicitly that souls do not exist.
>>
>>53788208
So if someone's heart stops and they are later resuscitated, they are actually still dead and the thing walking around is some completely different person? Or is corporal presence enough? What if they had to have limbs amputated, are they less alive then?

>>53788222
I have not remembered a dream for over a decade, am I dead?
And the same question as above, are resuscitated people actually still dead since their brain activity halted completely for a while?
>>
>>53788252
I cant clarify what I don't know. Nobody knows how consciousness truly works. It's up to you to decide that and me to give you the choice to do so.
>>
>>53788252
It's more like a lot of the autists just have terrible reading comprehension and splerge about it, thus ruining the thread. Everyone still likes the CYOA.
>>
>>53788296
>I have not remembered a dream for over a decade, am I dead?
No, we know for a fact that people still dream regardless of whether they remember it or not.
>>
>>53788237
>common sense
>in a cyoa about flying around in space
>using common sense as an argument in the first place
>>
>>53788296
Anon, I hate to tell you this, but your heart stopping doesn't make your brain stop. It takes several minutes for that to happen.
>>
>>53788201
>and in that way you are no different than people who believe in souls
I beg you pardon! I believe in souls but by no means I'd consider my clone - me!

>>53788155
>but in that case that clone is both you and not you.
It's you only in that figurative sense of it being unrecognizable by others as separate being and it being able to perform all the functions, while having all the data you did. But it's not you since what defines you - self-awareness, consciousness etc would still perish with your original body (souls included as you don't know if with the moment of gaining awareness the clone wouldn't have separate soul).

>if you were to die, lose consciousness and after death get cloned automatically, I believe that you'd be conscious in that cloned body
Only if we not only assume there's souls but that your soul rather than passing on would somehow possess the new body/your clone which goes far further into realm of hypothesis and idle talk than the topic of cloning itself goes.
>>
actually, looking at the last thread it sounds like the CYOA maker considers the clones to still be "you" for continuity's sake, but i might be reading wrong
>>
>>53788276
We were arguing about fairies granting immortality, I said anything of the sort that they gave you would not be something you would enjoy, and you accused me of being an edgelord for actually knowing my shit.

"Nice" fairies didn't grant immortality, and even they expected repayment for the things they did - just not the kind of things humans would have thought of as repayment, and even then most of the stories were warnings against dealing with them.
>>
File: Shitposting Wizard.png (2MB, 800x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Shitposting Wizard.png
2MB, 800x3072px
If you're all going to shitpost, post cyoas with it. Fucking damn.
>>
>>53788318
If it's personally impossible to tell difference between dying and respawning, and falling a sleep, how are they different?
>>
>>53786347
>BC KingFisher
Good all around stats. I like it.
Speed: 6
Durability: 6
Attack: 5
Cargo: 5
Crew: 4
>Cargo increase, extra room
Bringing up the weakest links.
>Kitchen, Master Bedroom, Theater
Good food, a nice place to relax, and a sweet place to chill.
>Saint Thomas
Good in a fight, has at least some morals, and makes a good product.
>Nurse Lucy
Everybody loves painkillers!
>Tessa
Lizard-girl maid is too cute to pass up. Kind of fucked up to imagine selling her spit to whores and dirty old men, but such is life.
>Weapon Rack, Mittens
Animal companions are pretty much always win, and considering we're outlaws, it pays to be armed.
>Task Force Delta
My ship is literally twice as fast as theirs. They might pack a heavier punch, but that doesn't matter if they can't hit me in the first place.
>>
>>53788321
Everything obeys its own sense of internal logic, whether it's the same as reality or not. Things outside that logic are outside of common sense.
>>
File: 1486073309723.jpg (515KB, 1122x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486073309723.jpg
515KB, 1122x1080px
>>53788284
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
>>
>>53788342
This argument happens with pretty much any immortality option. There is one, possibly two, people who are dead set on their opinions concerning the subject. Another reason why not explicitly mentioning it is the best idea.
>>
>>53788341
>I believe in souls
How do you feel about the fact that the CYOA's maker has ruled outright that souls do not exist?
>>
>>53788037
So what's the premise of this one, anyway?
>>
>>53788344
Give some examples then if you know your shit so much
>>
>>53788347
You won't be able to tell, but you also won't 'respawn'. When your body dies, your consciousness ceases, and you cease to exist. You fall into oblivion. A clone will be made, but you will no longer exist to witness this event.
>>
File: FuckingNTR.jpg (222KB, 1274x589px) Image search: [Google]
FuckingNTR.jpg
222KB, 1274x589px
>>53788345
>posting shitposting CYOA
Here's an OC I've cobbled together in a few minutes for an anon who went on a very rude, namecalling-filled, hateful rant against someone else only because they mentioned netorare in their own somewhat shitposty CYOA.
>>
>>53788365
Then you run into the people who think not being explicit is a bad idea.

Pro tip: You're looking at the problem wrong.
>>
>>53788284
I'm not sure where the secret hidden immortality is, anon. Can you point to it?
>>
>>53788298
But do you know if the genetic engineering option can grant biological immortality?
>>
>>53788354
So, you've discerned the internal logic of the cyoa based upon two, arguably three, pages that are more image than text. You have also decided that your idea of this internal logic is so concrete that the author simply must put in a line explicitly saying that the Lab option grants immortality, otherwise those using the option to gain Immortality are invalid and their builds are...wrong?
>>
>>53788352
>if they can't hit me in the first place.
You're gonna get your ass pounded whenever you make port.
>>
>>53788338
Cloning resumes that brain activity, so it's ok then?
>>
>>53788391
remove this before you get banned

:^)
>>
>>53788416
Where in the CYOA does it indicate that magic immortality spells can be found in ancient ruins or whatever shit you suggested?
>>
File: Urban Unease.jpg (8MB, 1600x10000px) Image search: [Google]
Urban Unease.jpg
8MB, 1600x10000px
>>53788394
If you consider it a problem at all, maybe. Would you like DSA to describe the exact mechanics of the girl who can't leave her room? Or is it "explicit" enough for you, anon?
>>
>>53788429
>Entirely different physical structure unconnected to the original.
>Resumes
>>
>>53788369
I am not affected at all. I maintain compartmentalization between personal belief stemming from hopes mixed with unconfirmed but internally-consistent theories and confirmed verified facts. Same with religion and whatnot.

So I am willing to accept that element of the setting and still find some fun in it. And if in boundaries of it I will also declare myself a space wizard seeking to contact spiritual realms - well, I have a right to be a crazy man indulging personal delusions as long as I don't bother others, right?
>>
>>53788434
Tell me what rule, written or not, that the nigger broke.
>>53788391
I swear I've seen this before. Calling bullshit on OC
>>
>>53788440
It doesn't, obviously. If that's what you took away from that, I suspect your reading comprehension is as poor as we have all imagined.

I was stating that someone playing the cyoa is more than welcome to say that they gained immortality from ancient ruins, but it is up to us as a thread to judge the merits of this build. It is not the author's responsibility to close every loophole or idiotic idea an anon may come up with.
>>
>>53788386
I 'fall into oblivion' every night. Is the current me going to die when I put me head on a pillow and tomorrow morning something that just looks like me gets up? Or is the me whatever lower brain functions that keep me farting all night and my memories are just unnecessary chaff?

>>53788448
Why such attachment to the physical structure? You have lost the atoms that made your body some years ago, are you completely unconnected to that person too? If you need to have a limb amputated, do you die partially? What about cutting your hair, nails or shedding skin cells?
>>
>>53788463
The mods don't like anything having to do with cucking because they are the most cucked things in existance.
>>
>>53788342
>>53788365
>>53788394
He said that there is no continuity but that he doesn't care because they have the same memories. So again, they're not you, he just has a retarded idea about selfhood.
>>
>>53788442
Naw, you got way closer to the answer in your first sentence of this post.
>>
>>53788434
Why would it get banned? No graphics imagery yet alone outright pornography, no detailed descriptions.

>:^)
Oh, right.
>>
>>53788463
>I swear I've seen this before. Calling bullshit on OC
Yes, because like I've said it was OC I've made for that rude anon in that particular thread, under circumstances I've described - weeks ago.
>>
>>53788504
You care about this very, Very, VERY deeply I see.
>>
I'm starting to think the immortality poster has some sort of terminal illness.
>>
File: 1366756397384.jpg (78KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1366756397384.jpg
78KB, 550x550px
>>53788494
>I 'fall into oblivion' every night.
How many goddamn times does sleeping need to be explained to you retards for you to get it. Are you intentionally ignoring any evidence to the contrary just because it doesn't 'feel right' for your fucking worldview, you magic-thinking fucktard? Acknowledge the way sleeping actually works or you're nothing more than a shitposter arguing dishonestly and unworthy of reply.
>>
>>53788554
I don't say this lightly, but it's probably autism. Or some other social disorder. I wouldn't be opposed to making it terminal.
>>
>>53788417
If I cause trouble. And, they have been known to take bribes. I have three lucrative drugs that I can sell, two of which aren't really big on causing issues; sure, the 'Saint' and his combat dust might raise some flags, but there is no safe, only safer.
>>
>>53788210
Do you not understand the words "completely different"?
>>
Was there supposed to be Monster Girl Island Survival update at some point or am I just remembering wrong? I think it was at least supposed to have detailed explanation what the Incubus transformation involved?
>>
>>53788474
>It doesn't
Then you need to justify why such a thing would be possible.
>>
>>53788579
You can keep explaining away as long as you want, anon, you won't be able to convince people when you're obviously wrong.
>>
>>53788625
So you're shitposting. Got it.
>>
File: 1467485812427.jpg (36KB, 431x116px) Image search: [Google]
1467485812427.jpg
36KB, 431x116px
Oh and I changed the font choice on the comfy twin cyoa so it looks more like this now
That is, if anyone notices this in the massive pile of shit that is this thread
>>
>>53788653
nobody cares
>>
>>53788634
I think the person with his head so far up his ass as to be completely unable to even consider that he might be wrong, and is actually offended by the idea, is the one who's shitposting.

But sure, think of me as a shitposter if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>53788604
Yeah, you probably should. I'm not disagreeing on that point. I do in my builds. However, I don't think the author has to explicitly define options or limitations. They can if they want to, but they don't have to. Some things are best left to the imagination and it gives those reading more agency. I'd much rather read someone explaining how they used the lab to achieve immortality than I would people just accepting it as true because the author said so.

On that same note, someone playing the cyoa is more than welcome to say they have immortality without justifying it. I don't like that, but we can't physically stop them from playing the cyoa or imagining that to be the case.
>>
>>53788579
If it's so utterly important that the signals keep bouncing back and forth nonstop, instead of actually considering consciousness and continuation of memories, then there's a simple solution. The memory copy system just needs to constantly stimulate the clone's brain while you are alive and farting around, in a way that's identical to your brain but chemically/cryogenically/sciencemagically suspended. Then when your current brain stops signaling, the suspension is lifted.

Tadaa, constant, uninterrupted process of brain signals.
>>
>>53788653
How it was before?
>>
>>53788667
>I think the person with his head so far up his ass as to be completely unable to even consider that he might be wrong, and is actually offended by the idea, is the one who's shitposting.
So you admit you're shitposting?
>>
>>53788625
He actually makes a solid point regarding functions of the brain. The anon who argues with him seems "more" wrong, on the basis of explaining his position on the basis of how he feels like when falling asleep.
>>
>>53788671
>Magic bullshit
Might as well change your mind and declare souls exist.
>>
>>53788653
It's okay though I didn't mind it as much as some anon did in the previous instance. It's good either way, don't worry about it.
>>
>>53788687
I assume you're assuming I'm one of the people who has been in this argument for a while? No, I only made like two posts in this chain of conversation.
>>
>>53788690
That anon may be more wrong, but they also don't consistently drag the threads into anarchy whenever a particular subject is brought up in a manner they don't agree with.
>>
>>53788670
He does need to define if immortality is even possible in his world, though, and he refuses to do that. It's like inventing an FTL drive without being told such a thing is possible in your hard scifi universe.
>>
>>53788671
And what would that achieve? It will be clone's brain, not original's - and that is stimulated anyway as the clone is functional and alive. It means nothing for the dead brain of the original which is housing original's consciousness.
>>
>>53788667
People aren't going to consider your 'points' if you refuse to acknowledge theirs.
>>
>>53788671
So according to your logic, if I clone you, then kill you while your clone watches, you'd be alive?
>>
>>53788690
Functions of the brain are irrelevant, as is demonstrated by sleep and other types of unconsciousness.

If that isn't enough for you, then consider a more fantastic scenario (since this is fantasy anyway in the first place): Someone freezes you perfectly, and there is absolutely no movement or chemical or electric activity in your body and brain. Then they unfreeze you. Are you still you?
>>
>>53788653
That's nice. What font did you end up with? Also that's legible at the size you posted too.
>>
>>53788718
So it's a matter of you asking "why" when reading a cyoa or build, whereas my approach is "why not"?
>>
>>53788694
Ok, I declare that souls exist and fly into available clone. Cloning is now unarguably immortality.
>>
>>53788762
I guess? I'm talking about wordlbuilding on the authors' part with that last post.
>>
>>53788765
You're contradicting the author who said that souls definitely do not exist.
>>
>>53788653
Font is much better. Now take off the italics.
>>
>>53788690
If you personally can't tell the difference between falling a sleep, and dying and getting cloned, then what is the difference between them?
>>
>>53788746
Is there an echo in here?
>>
>>53788579
So wait... wouldn't the teleporter essentially kill and then just make a clone out of the same atoms since all your functions completely stop by your logic?
>>
>>53788749
>Things are irrelevant because I declare them to be so
Holy shit I didn't know God posted in this thread.
>>
>>53788752
Perpetua Italic
>>
>>53788800
>this post is invalid because I choose to ignore most of it and there's nothing you can do to stop me :^)
>>
>>53788788
A post was already made addressing this talking about how you won't be there to process any difference because you no longer exist. That you ignored that point to repeat yourself just proves that you're here to scream that you're right, not to argue or debate.
>>
>>53788345
History book, Demon maid, Meme Machine, and Apprenticeship.
>>
>>53788791
He addressed yours, just in a way you didn't like. You on the other hand, just repeat yourself over and over.
>>
>>53788744
But it will be your consciousnesses. Or are you only that exact brain?

>>53788748
At that point the clone possesses different memories than me, so no.
>>
>>53788749
Functions of the brain are relevant in the context they were given.

Am I awake, functional, self-aware after being unfrozen? Then I am me. I don't know if I were the guy before freezing though I am pretty sure that barring some time manipulation absolute stop of all chemical or electrical functions would lead to severe issues upon reanimation. It's hard to just wave it away with "fantasy" since then, like anons said, you can as well make stuff up in general with complete disregard for science and just claim not only souls but angel who came from heaven, grabbed your consciousness and put it into clone's body.
>>
>>53788795
That is objectively correct if the teleporter functions by means of eliminating and reconstructing matter. Star Trek explored this.
>>
>>53788791
It is only 31 IP's. So honestly I don't know what to expect.
>>
>>53788831
He didn't address anything of mine. He just accused me of shitposting twice, and that was 100% of his interaction with me as far as I know.
>>
>>53788795
That's why I don't pick the teleporter. I walk out the door.
>>
>>53788862
Oh, so you're at the point where you're ignoring all the text in replies to you. Nice.
>>
>>53788871
Maybe you're confusing me with someone else?
>>
>>53788838
My consciousness resides in that one exact brain (well, not necessarily in just a brain but let's keep it simple), yes - and in big part it's dependant upon that brain and its structure to the point that should that structure should be damaged or otherwise modified it will likely affect my consciousness even if exact copy of the brain from earlier point in time was made elsewhere.
>>
>>53787212
I love when CYOAs like yours start internet fights over complex philosophical issues such as the nature of self and what is the essence a person because some one says cloning is basically immortality and then some one else disagrees.
>>
>>53788838
Ok, so what if I then modified your clone's memories to remove the moments before I killed you?
>>
>>53788914
Yeah, it may be offtopic and possibly annoy many anons but I actually like such kind of talks as long as they don't fall in quality below certain level (which, admittedly, they often do).
>>
>>53788937
It's not off topic at all. That's the entire point of these threads, otherwise we'd just post shit to imgur or something.
>>
>>53788814
No, only argument that was made against it was
>You won't be able to tell, but you also won't 'respawn'. When your body dies, your consciousness ceases, and you cease to exist. You fall into oblivion. A clone will be made, but you will no longer exist to witness this event.

Just arbitrarily deciding that death results without any attempt to argue why it would be so isn't "addressing this". But keep blubbering about how everyone who disagrees with you is shitposter, since that and declaring that death definitely occurs seem to be your only arguments. You can just say that it's because God takes away your soul since that seems to be the base of your arguments.
>>
>>53788914
It's the creator's own fault for trying to pretend clones were immortality in the first place.
>>
>>53788952
>Just arbitrarily deciding that death results
Anon, if you think death results in anything except nonexistence, then you need to state what you think it is and provide evidence. Especially considering the maker has declared point blank that souls don't exist.
>>
What the fuck is going on in this thread?
>>
File: life.jpg (5MB, 1500x6600px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
5MB, 1500x6600px
this one is a WIP being made by someone that isnt me

if youre the guy who made this and youre reading this, can you give us a quick rundown on the status of the rest of the CYOA?
>>
>>53788980
We are talking about life death and everything in between aparently
>>
>>53788980
>>53788914
>>
>>53788987
>>53788653
>>
>>53788975
Exactly, since souls do not exist, there is no difference between you and a perfect clone of you. Thus, cloning is form of immortality.
>>
>>53788953
Well depending on your mind set and how loosely you are willing to define your self it can be considered close enough. Same way some people say you're fine if you use a teleporter or do the mind upload thing while other people just laugh and say you are just immediately killing your self.
>>
File: bt.jpg (91KB, 598x247px) Image search: [Google]
bt.jpg
91KB, 598x247px
>>53788980
>>
File: 1464320821961.png (12KB, 221x256px) Image search: [Google]
1464320821961.png
12KB, 221x256px
>>53789033
Except that they're different meat and that when you die you're not being magically transferred to that clone. You simply stop existing. That was the entire point of that post, you retard. That's what you objected to. Now you're simply ignoring the question to talk about something else.
>>
>>53789031
oopsy daisy, i did not see that
>>
>>53789044
Subjectivity is for liberal arts students.
>>
>>53789033
Reread the thread, if that's your argument, you've missed the point. There IS a difference between you and a perfect clone of you. The fact that your consciousness - the extent of your perceptions and totality of your self-awareness - is housed only in one of those two bodies. The other, while identical in every aspect, has separate consciousness, even if it's one thinking it's you.
So, since the first body together with its consciousness can die, it's not immortality - because just because there's the other body with consciousness believing it's the original doesn't change the fact that the original died and stopped existing together with its body.

You won't be aware after death, no matter how many clones you'll have. You won't feel, you won't think. There will be other guys who will feel and think the same things you would if you'd be in their place and alive, perhaps but you in particular aren't and won't be.
>>
How long will you keep responding to the shitposter?
>>
>>53788987
It'll be out sometime
Now that I have the format down it should take a lot less time to do the rest
>>
>>53788914
Yes, It's really fascinating to me too. I found it incredible that people actually talked about that sort of stuff when I first came here.
The philosophy of Love, Perfection, Immortality, clones, soulmates.

I don't like to talk about philosophy because I have my own mind made up in that I'm not going to say that my philosophy is the right one, because I could never know that. Debating is worthless to me, but seeing what everyone thinks about those subjects is incredible to witness.
>>
>>53789100
>The fact that your consciousness - the extent of your perceptions and totality of your self-awareness - is housed only in one of those two bodies.
Unless it isn't? I'm not the guy you're arguing with, but you have to see that you are basically just posting an elaborate "no" instead of making an argument relevant to the scenario at hand.
>>
>>53789122
Notice me senpai before I'll go to sleep? Remember you have to cuddle me so we can have good dreams.
>>
>>53789143
This.
>>
>>53789044
Some people are just really attached to their bodies.

>>53789057
I'm already different meat than I was just year ago and all the atoms I had in my childhood have been replaced multiple times, were those different people? Does anything of them remain or am I completely new person?

You still haven't answered, if you personally can't tell difference between falling asleep and getting cloned, then what's difference between them? What is so magical about unending brain signal in single meat sack that absolutely defines life.
>>
>>53789066
Strictly speaking it's actually impossible for humans to think truly objectively because our very process of thinking is built off our experiences interacting with the world.
>>
>>53788953
It really depends on the point of View.

For example, Sam from the movie Moon was practically immortal.
>>
>>53789167
You're equating a slow process of individual replacement with being reduced to a smear.

I answered you. You simply ignore me, and this line of conversation is about a different point entirely. Which, again, you refuse to answer. What happens when you die, to you? What do you think, anon? You keep implying you think some magic thing happens and objected to idea that the person ceases to exist.
>>
>>53789146
>Unless it isn't?
But it is at least in the boundaries of this CYOA where it was stated that there exist no souls - and thus totality of one's existence has no alterantive but to rely on mind which in turn is fully dependant on single particular body.
>>
>>53789154
The only thing you'll be cuddling is your bodypillows
>>
Wait, I'm confused.
Assuming souls don't exist and that there's no magic behind consciousness, wouldn't that mean that if your brain is constantly being saved to layer onto a clone of yourself is perfect immortality?

If you don't believe in soul and all that other stuff, how can you believe that your current meat is any different than a clone of you with your exact brain structure moments before death?

How can you believe in the free will and not in the soul at the same time? They're both magical thinking.
>>
>>53789195
And why do you think it's dependent on a single body?
>>
>>53789178
Yes, but with proper frame of mind, morality, perspective and attitude one can be relatively objective with there being little to no differences in practical aspect of their approach.
>>
>>53789202
Guess one will have to spend some time on teaching you the importance of proper cuddling. It's all out of love for your own good and I am sure you will appreciate it in the end. You won't have a choice.

Alright, enough with yandereish Pallas bullshit for one night, got kinda tired of it
>>
>>53789213
Why do you and that other guy keep acting like consciousness is magic without defining how you think it works? Do you believe in some weird quantum entanglement and observer effect bullshit or what? There are two basic positions here, meat and soul, and you come in trying to imply that neither are correct without defining this third option of yours.
>>
What's the point of posting builds? What does anyone get out of it?
>>
>>53789211
>If you don't believe in soul and all that other stuff, how can you believe that your current meat is any different than a clone of you with your exact brain structure moments before death?
If you have two otherwise identical balls side by side, are they the same object, or are they two separate objects that are otherwise identical?
>>
>>53789211
When you die, do you think your awareness is magically transferred to another body? How is such a thing accomplished?
>>
>>53789254
>What does anyone get out of it?
Another perspective.
>>
>>53787212
Holy shit, I just saw the DLC

Time Warper

The obvious choice. Only interdimensional travel could broaden my horizon further.

Fabricator 2
Medical Lab 3
AR Room 1

Tweak genes, wait millennia, laugh. In the correct time zones I can stream it back to Earth.

Synthetic Android 3
Mind Upload 3

The android makes it easy to blend in with any locals and my digital state makes me more receptive to certain wonders. I can't say that I care about "dying" during the upload. The universe is so far from my day to day experience that my old identity may as well be considered dead.

Stunning Technologies
Alien Spaceships
Megalithic Structures
Alien Creatures
Ruined Civilizations
Young Worlds
Prime Cynosure AI
Dimensional Entity

It's a shame that I have to stay away from earth but I will have been a laughingstock at the time-traveller's big bang ball if I managed to butterfly effect myself out of existence.
>>
>>53789213
Because barring metaphysical/supernatural aspect of it with your consciousness actually being not dependant on physical medium (ie existing as soul which was declared nonexistant in CYOA) there is no other explanation - your consciousness IS dependant on your body housing it.
>>
>>53789257
If they are literally identical, then there is no way to distinguish them as separate objects, and no real gain from trying to do so either.
>>
>>53789291
Except that both balls are capable of defining themselves as separate objects, and observers can acknowledge that there are two balls.
>>
>>53789211
When you die, you don't wake up in that clone tank, a perfect copy of you does. Your consciousness dies with your body.

It's why the concept of teleportation through atomic reconstruction has always came off to me as a horrific idea. You're submitting yourself to be killed and then cloned somewhere else.
>>
>>53789279
That reasoning doesn't preclude it being housed in two bodies though? Why can't it depend on two bodies instead of one? Or for that matter, depend on either body instead of both or just one?
>>
>>53789291
>If they are literally identical, then there is no way to distinguish them as separate objects
They occupy different positions, for example.
>>
>>53789192
Is there a specific rate that's too fast for replacement

You did not answer me, you said
>You won't be able to tell, but you also won't 'respawn'. When your body dies, your consciousness ceases, and you cease to exist. You fall into oblivion. A clone will be made, but you will no longer exist to witness this event.

Which is just arbitrarily defining that despite consciousness resuming, I am dead and the body that is copy of mine and has all my thoughts and memories is not me for some reason.

I "didn't answer" because you didn't ask a question, merely blubbered about death. Good job, you managed to ask a question now.

Death is permanent end of particular flow of consciousness, cloning and memory transfer resumes it so it is a form of immortality.
>>
>>53789291
If your consciousness resides only in one of them, that's the difference for you. And that's the case in case of clones. The fact that external observer will see no difference between you won't mean you're the same. That's why it's a clone - a separate entity with its own consciousness just thinking they're you, not auxiliary body possessed by the same consciousness.
>>
>>53789302
>Except that both balls are capable of defining themselves as separate objects, and observers can acknowledge that there are two balls.
Except if they are identical they aren't capable of that, and as far as observers go that's just a flawed outer perspective.

>>53789309
Or it's the same ball in two positions.
>>
>>53789167
Your brain is part of your body. Your mind is your body. If one ceases, so too does the other. Your mind is in no way separate from the body.
>>
File: 5654475687.png (135KB, 551x490px) Image search: [Google]
5654475687.png
135KB, 551x490px
My fellow shitposters, let us take the next step and understand exactly what the "self" is.

You see, what makes you who you are? Is it the body you have? A soul? Maybe you're mind? In truth, it's a combination of these things for one reason, your experiences. From the moment your brain sparked in the womb, to the moment you see this text on the screen you are building upon your own experiences. From those you learn lessons and collect it all in your mind as memories. Every last thought, decision, memory, and observation makes up what is known as your soul. The manifestation of all these experiences that defines who you are. Autistic, mean, timid, adventurous, creative, and everything else., all formed from your experiences. That is what makes the self.

Now with that answered we can move to the real issue, immortality.
True immortality is only achieved while with your original mind, since previously explained that it makes up your "soul". By copying it you are just giving life to another form. They will be different from you and form their own experiences, drifting further from you with every neuron that sparks. One could even view amnesia as a death of the self, a new person taking your place. But I digress and bring us to the final point, you are the only true you. AI upload, clone, anything else, they're all copies that exist separate of yourself. They'd enjoy all the fun while you still died, screaming about what went wrong. If you truly want immortality, you must hold onto your original parts as best you can.
>>
>>53789326
>Or it's the same ball in two positions.
Not possible macroscopically.
>>
>>53789313
Other person, but your definition of "you" is obviously different than his. To you, "you" is anything that is truly physically identical, while to him, it's only the original copy.
>>
>>53789306
>That reasoning doesn't preclude it being housed in two bodies though?
It does, to an extent.

Because those are clones, not proxies. The only hivemind mentioned (tier 3) is the "biological" based upon sharing of physical stimuli and knowledge, but there's no option for you to be single consciousness in multitude of bodies.
>>
>>53789337
If what makes you "you" is your atoms, then reconstruction of body and restimulation of your neurons into same patterns as before then must mean that the person getting out of of clone pod is you, no?
>>
>>53789359
No, it isn't possible if you judge it by common sense. But we aren't dealing with common sense here, we're dealing with two literally identical objects. There's no strict way you can say they aren't the same object.
>>
>>53789326
>Except if they are identical they aren't capable of that
What magic force is stopping you from saying your clone is another person? I just did it.
>>
>>53789313
To ask you a pointed question, if you were to be frozen instead of killed, and the clone was released, and then at some later date, you were unfrozen, which of the two "you's" would be the real "you".
>>
>>53789385
Yes, I can, because they occupy different spaces and macroscopically a single ball could not do so.
>>
>>53789389
When I said they aren't capable of that I meant that they aren't capable of being certain of it, not that they are incapable of saying random shit.
>>
>>53789384
To everyone else, yes. Functionally, it would be as if you never died, save the fact your body was somewhere else from the original. However, the original version of yourself, the version that exists now, would be gone, and your consciousness would cease. Your present consciousness wouldn't transfer over, only a perfect copy would remain.
>>
>>53789384
Not that anon but not necessarily - it's possible after all that what will emerge with be consciousness thinking they're you but you in particular will cease to be with cessation of your brain's activity during the time it's disassembled and reassembled - there will be just no one to tell.
>>
>>53789313
>despite consciousness resuming
How is your original consciousness resuming when your brain is vaporized?
>>
>>53789410
>no because no
Why not? Why can't it?
>>
>>53789416
I'm pretty certain of it. After all, when I pinch myself, only I feel it.
>>
>>53789394
We would be a form of twins, both of us would have been me until the moment clone opened his eyes and had experiences different than me. As our experiences start to differ, would be become separate persons.
>>
>>53789427
I'm that anon, and this cogently explains my point.
>>
>>53789445
Oh, do you have a literally identical copy of you running around? That's amazing, anon.
>>
>>53789435
Not the anon you speak with. Why? That's how reality works. Those are two different objects, as you point out. By the very anture of them being different objects, no matter how similar, they're not one object. Since they're not one object, but two different ones no matter how similar, they cannot be the same object.
>>
>>53789435
What he's talking about is a function of physics, anon. A single object cannot occupy two places under macroscopic physics, only under quantum physics. While you technically CAN argue his point, you would have to do so far above the level of an internet debate and propose a physics model where quantum principles apply to macroscopic models.
>>
File: Insomnia CYOA.png (2MB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Insomnia CYOA.png
2MB, 1000x2000px
>>
>>53789466
Would that identical copy feel it when I pinch myself? If so, through what mechanic does he experience it?
>>
>>53789427
>>53789462
Except it ignored the premise (if what makes you you is atoms)
>>
>>53789435
Because of physics. An object occupying two spaces at once can only happen at the quantum level, where the "object" has extremely little mass and is extremely small. An object that could reasonably be called "a ball" does not fit the criteria, therefore, it cannot.
>>
File: Speakeasy CYOA.png (8MB, 1500x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Speakeasy CYOA.png
8MB, 1500x4000px
>>
>>53789487
The succubus, but not for the sex.
She is one of the better looking ones and I prefer cuddle-sleep to the rest.
And also sex
>>
>>53789450
You can't both be "you". There can only be one "you".
>>
>>53789423
If I open my eyes in the morning and cannot tell if I died during sleep and was cloned, am I dead? Why must consciousness be uninterrupted process within single body?

>>53789427
So what is so important about those atoms I have couple hours ago that they completely define who is me and who is not?
>>
File: Spirit of Alcohol CYOA.png (7MB, 1600x10000px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit of Alcohol CYOA.png
7MB, 1600x10000px
>>53789508
>>
>>53789510
Why not, why can't you be conscious in both bodies?
>>
>>53789474
>That's how reality works.
By the laws of common sense, yes. But as I already said, we aren't dealing with a common sense idea here, we're dealing with two literally identical objects.

>By the very anture of them being different objects, no matter how similar, they're not one object.
Except they aren't just similar, they're identical. The problem is, since there is no way whatsoever to distinguish them without disturbing their identicalness, there is no way you can actually say that they are in fact not the same object.

>>53789476
I know what he was getting at with the macroscopy thing, I just didn't think it was necessary to get sidetracked with physics.

>>53789490
Well, if it's identical and doesn't feel it, then it isn't identical now is it?
>>
>>53789510
Says who
>>
>>53789521
You keep going back to the same argument while ignoring people who challenge it. I know you've been asked several times what you think happens to someone's consciousness when they die, but you don't answer.
>>
>>53789257
>>53789268
>>53789303
>butthurt about magical thinking
>blabs about 'muh consciousness'
You guys need to reconcile this shit. Assuming that consciousness is anything more than advanced computations by an organic supercomputer is magical thinking in and of itself.
There is no 'you' because 'you' are a meat robot pretending to be an entity with free will.
>>
>>53789492
What makes you "you" isn't atoms. Don't play a semantical card here, it just muddies the argument. Think about this, if I shot you in the face, and somewhere else in the world, an exact copy of you starting walking around, the concioussness of the original body wouldn't be transferred, only imitated perfectly.

My actual, personal response to you was >>53789423
>>
>>53789565
>What makes you "you" isn't atoms.
No? I think you're the one playing semantics now.

>My actual, personal response to you was
That was a response to someone else.
>>
File: 1369031600413.png (254KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
1369031600413.png
254KB, 500x514px
>>53789544
>Well, if it's identical and doesn't feel it, then it isn't identical now is it?
Then under what fucking mechanic is he feeling it? I asked you this, don't ignore me. It's extremely important to your argument, because if you say it's impossible then your 'perfect clone' absolutely cannot exist and thus those clones in the CYOA are not perfect clones, rendering the entire argument of whether or not they're you, under your definition, solved conclusively with a "No."
>>
>>53789539
So far in the human experience, no one has been able to experience this phenomena, so frankly, either on of us could be right, but at this junction we may as well just call upon Newton's Flaming Laser Sword, because the answer to our question is quite literally outside of current comprehension.
>>
>>53789492
Because you force your premise - consciousness, even as we know it IRL isn't merely sequence of atoms but interaction (biochemical, electric) of structures those atoms create (very vague and generalized take since we don't fully understand the consciousness yet). Forceful cessation of those interactions affects consciousness and changes what it is - and if it's dependant on such things, then cessation of them is also cessation of consciousness. The structure you will disassemble and reassemble will also be a structure identical to the one before disassembly, but it won't be THAT structure due to that structure ceasing to be at some point in time, no matter how short.

So if consciousness is emerging result of interactions in that structure between different parts of it, then you can assume that with new beginning of those interractions you also get new consciousness. You don't get the old one back because the one interactions ceased and the consciousness ceased with them.
>>
>>53789553
It would help if you actually wrote what you want answered instead of blubbering about death and then claiming that nobody answers.

And I already answered it, you shitheap. Try to read what people write to you.
>>
>>53789554
Magic doesn't exist in either direction. From one end, souls don't exist, but from the other end you would not telepathically inhabit a clone body simply because its brain structure is otherwise identical to yours.
>>
>>53789554
The illusion of free will is what makes us human. Besides, your line of reasoning is irrelevant to the current conversation, and so you're a big ugly bitch.
>>
>>53789565
If there's no soul and the "you" isn't made of atoms, then what it is?
>>
>>53789590
>Then under what fucking mechanic is he feeling it?
Under the mechanic of departing the impossible-and-only-exists-for-the-sake-of-a-thought-experiment state of utter identicalness. They aren't identical anymore at the moment they diverge in any way, such as one feeling pain and the other one not.

>I asked you this
I think you're also confusing me with someone else.

Please include the totality of your argument in your post when responding to me, don't assume I read 50 posts of you and some other anon's discussion.
>>
File: 1398134795841.png (248KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1398134795841.png
248KB, 500x375px
>>53789450
>Quantum consciousness principle
Interesting theory you have there, my dear anon who is probably misunderstanding that the Schrodinger experiment only applies to quantum particles. Where is your evidence that quantum consciousness uncertainty is a fact of physics?
>>
ITT: People talk about things they don't understand, trying to explain why they and only they are right with unconformable theories.

I don't get it. Why do you do this? Are you guys the premier authorities on the workings of consciousness, are you God who knows all things innately?

What is the reason for this meaningless circlejerk?

>>53789593
Finally, a competent person
>>
>>53789605
Repeat it in it's own post, for propriety, or if you've already done so, link to it for easy access, because we've all been arguing like idiots for quite a bit now and the list of shit is getting quite long. Also your use Ad Hominem makes you a faggot.
>>
>>53789554
As long as the eat robot is sentient and aware of itself it can define itself as such. So 'you' very much exists even when we're just biochemical reactions of complex structures shackled by our physicality and its limitations.
>>
File: IMG_4023.jpg (4MB, 1600x5850px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4023.jpg
4MB, 1600x5850px
Remember when /cyoag/ was about cyoas.
>>
>>53789645
People are wrong on the Internet and it is our moral responsibility to correct them.
I might not be right, but I'm never wrong.
>>
>>53789600
>Because you force your premise - consciousness, even as we know it IRL isn't merely sequence of atoms but interaction (biochemical, electric) of structures those atoms create (very vague and generalized take since we don't fully understand the consciousness yet).
This is irrelevant semantics. You're hanging your entire post on the fact that I wrote "atoms" instead of "atoms and biochemical and bioelectric structures that they create".

Please don't.

>The structure you will disassemble and reassemble will also be a structure identical to the one before disassembly, but it won't be THAT structure due to that structure ceasing to be at some point in time, no matter how short.
Why? Why does it ceasing to be for a time matter? You keep throwing claims around but you don't actually give arguments for them.
>>
>>53789641
What?
>>
>>53789636
You're trying to argue an irrelevant point when all of this ties back to the CYOA and, barring some evidence from the creator, your thought experiment is not reality there. Your thought experiment is outside the bounds of what anyone intended to argue about.
>>
>>53789680
Except that identicalness is there in the CYOA, thus this is completely relevant.
>>
>>53789665
>choose your waifus

Hardly a CYOA you slice of shitcake
>>
>>53789645
>don't get it. Why do you do this? Are you guys the premier authorities on the workings of consciousness, are you God who knows all things innately?
We don't need complete knowledge of some process and nature of a thing IRL to make logical assumptions and arguments regarding functioning of such given the premise of CYOA. You also don't need to be any authority, merely possess highschool-level education to understand at least some of the assumptions here and judge them from the standpoint of current understanding of consciousness as presented by said authorities.
>>
>>53789622
Brain function in the consciousness centers of the brain.
(I don't remember which ones they are, so I won't behave like a fool and pretend I do.)
The perception of consciousness is processed uniquely within every human brain. You could call that a soul if you like, it may functions somewhat decently to describe the phenomena, it's just got religious connotation about afterlives and what not that befoul the use in this setting.
>>
File: d1b.png (361KB, 540x523px) Image search: [Google]
d1b.png
361KB, 540x523px
>>53789665
>Remember when /cyoag/ was about cyoas.
>proceeds to post waifu shit
>>
>>53789697
I like it, I'm glad anon dropped it and it probably is a better contribution than anything you've made, you piss stain.
>>
>>53789645
>Finally, a competent person
You flatter me, but the amount of times I've had to refer to spellcheck for the word "Consciousness" would beg to differ.
>>
>>53789693
In that case, anon my dear love, you need to prove that the creator used the same definition of identical that you have, which is almost certainly not the case.
>>
>>53789704
>>53789697
Waifu CYOAs are classic. How new or pretentious you have to be to somehow claim that those aren't proper CYOA?
>>
File: Cosmic Vending Machine CYOA.jpg (4MB, 1194x4800px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmic Vending Machine CYOA.jpg
4MB, 1194x4800px
>>
>>53789588
Well you're ugly, so take that.
>>
>>53789731
If you're going to claim "Classic" as an excuse, you should post an Island CYOA.
>>
>>53789699
Assumptions but not assurances. Black holes aren't understandable by conventional understanding, nobody knows what happens inside of them and all that exist are theories no solid facts.

Some smucks on 4chan are never going to discover the truth about consciousness in a cyoa thread no matter how long they 'debate'
>>
>>53789731
>classic
>How new or pretentious you have to be to somehow claim that those aren't proper CYOA?
We're hitting shitposting levels that shouldn't even be possible.
>>
>>53789729
No I don't, as I'm adhering to the common definition.
>>
>>53789731
They don't realize that waifu choices are about as old as actual adventure CYOAs and the only thing that predates them is 'press button to kill jews or fags', 'locked in a room' and 'island survival' CYOAs.
>>
>>53788663
I care.
>>
>>53789646
>Death is permanent end of particular flow of consciousness, cloning and memory transfer resumes it so it is a form of immortality.
>>
>>53789776
Consciousness stops flowing every time you lose consciousness, for example when you go to sleep.
>>
>>53789763
Now you're just lying to prolong an argument, Jesus. The very fact that you had to argue down to the point where you proposed some kind of quantum entanglement between the clones shows that you were not operating under the same principles as the rest of us.
>>
>>53789771
get out
>>
Let's pose a little thought experiment. I kill you, and your clone automatically activates with all memories up to the point of death. According to the "cloning is immortality" perspective, you didn't actually die, because the clone is still you.

Now, let's say I get in my timeship from the DLC. I then go back to the moment before I kill you, and put on my parking brake so I'm anchored at that exact moment. I then take you into my timeship, and leave behind a perfectly made copy of your corpse, and somehow trick your system into thinking you died, therefore fooling your cloning system. I then take off, and to everything outside the timeship, everything happened exactly in the first scenario I described. Would that clone still be you?

Now imagine I shoot you in the head again, disintegrate your corpse, and put it in a little urn in my timeship which I reserve for these philosophical experiments. Now nothing outside of my timeship will ever be able to discover this wasn't the first scenario. Are you now still alive? Would you still be alive if I shot you before I pulled your corpse into my timeship and dropped out the fake corpse?
>>
>>53789783
Other people brought in quantum physics, not me. I actively tried to ignore it.
>>
>>53789749
We don't need to discover the truth, only argue a working assumption that people will ascribe to.
>>
>>53789673
But that changes the whole premise. And if you would go as per your >>53789384
"If what makes you "you" is your atoms, then reconstruction of body and restimulation of your neurons into same patterns as before then must mean that the person getting out of of clone pod is you, no?" including other processes my answer, due to reasons I explain is the same - restimulation won't bring your consciousness back since it's product of those processes for when they were previously running till their cessation. New beginning of stimulation will give rise to new consciousness. In result making the original stay dead, but possibly allowing new consciousness thinking they're original to go on from that point.
>>
>>53789781
If that is true, then there's no difference between sleep and dying and thus cloning is equivalent to waking up.
>>
>>53789792
Nigga stop shooting me.
>>
>>53789789
No
>>
>>53789781
>Consciousness stops flowing
No you dumb fucking nigger, it literally goes to sleep so subconsciousness can catalog and process the day's events.
Holy shit I learned this in the 7th grade.
>>
>>53789808
yes
>>
>>53789796
People brought up quantum physics because the principle you proposed essentially IS quantum entanglement and quantum uncertainty.
>>
>>53789524
The special brews being "options for you to pick as well as the brews above", does that mean you get to choose 4 normal and 3 special? Or are you locked to one category or another. What if I want to mix and match categories?
>>
>>53789801
> that people will ascribe to.
And you really expect anyone here is going to admit they may be wrong?
People here are so rigid in their beliefs that there is almost no possibility of them ascribing to anything even if it makes sense.
>>
>>53789806
No. I have a timeship and a philosophical question to ponder, I'll shoot who I want.
>>
>>53789748
It's not excuse, it's rebbutal to shitlords who complain that somehow an okay waifu CYOA is not a CYOA.

>>53789753
lurk more newfag, as per
>>53789769
>>
This thread is past bump limit and saving
>>53789814
Go hog wild

If you take this chat to the new thread, I swear I will manifest fucking mind powers and will you all to death.
>>
>>53789776
Seeing this, I can see that we just disagree on the finer definition of immortality.
>>
Post cyoas you fucking mongoloids
>>
>>53789806
Okay, that made me chuckle.

Only on 4chan in armed afroamerican meth-head lairs.
>>
>>53789829
Waifu CYOAs are not a "classic", but try harder.
>>
Cloning isn't really immortality, it's just a way of cheating death. Unless you die from old age, that is. You clone yourself, you get 2 of you. If you die and end up in the clone, you're still as old as you were when you died. No matter how many clones you have, they'll all still end up eventually dying of old age. It's not like you can make a younger clone or something.
>>
>>53789832
>>53789839
Never mind fuck y'all I'm gone.
>>
>>53789816
No
>>
>>53789803
>and yet again points out a post as mine that wasn't actually by me
Lel, you really have a fucking gift for that, you know?

>But that changes the whole premise.
No it doesn't. As far as I can see.

>New beginning of stimulation will give rise to new consciousness.
Why do you think so? Why is it a new consciousness instead of the same one, when there is no difference other than basically you just designating it as such?

I mean, I can't really see any difference to some guy saying he's a new person every day because he was unconscious at night. And yeah, before you say it, I'm respecting your weird definition of consciousness here, I just don't have any other word for being unconscious in the traditional sense, so please don't trip over that.

>restimulation won't bring your consciousness back
WHY?

>since it's product of those processes for when they were previously running till their cessation
Why does cessation matter?
>>
File: 1368103931323.png (4MB, 1280x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1368103931323.png
4MB, 1280x5000px
>>
>>53789848
They are. I don't have to try at all, but you should try harder in learning what is standard from the very beginning of these threads. As anon mentioned, waifu are up there with the oldest of CYOA, even when they weren't called "waifu".
>>
>>53789871
yes
>>
>>53789809
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consciousness
>>
>>53789887
No
>>
>>53789885
Go ahead and post a "classic" waifu CYOA then, I'll wait.
As anon mentioned, 'press button to kill jews or fags', 'locked in a room' and 'island survival' are types of classic CYOAs.
>>
>>53789890
>wikipedia
Nigger you double retarded.
>>
>>53789910
every dictionary says basically the same thing

>>53789809
what language did you learn it in
>>
>>53789776
Then to this you were asked how exactly it's 'resumed' when the original consciousness is dead. It's not a resumption unless the process was formerly running.
>>
>>53789893
yes
>>
>>53789942
No
>>
>>53789950
yes
>>
>>53789940
if the process wasn't running formerly, then you didn't create a copy or clone
>>
>>53789254
I find it interesting to see alternate approaches to a ruleset then what I might be inclined toward.
>>
>>53789781
You're still conscious when you're asleep, you're just not terribly aware. But if you hear something loud enough, or feel something touch you firmly enough, you'll react. If you were dead, you couldn't.
>>
>>53789930
You must understand that when people use consciousness to mean selfhood, they don't mean wakefulness, they mean continued brain function and awareness.
>>
>>53787212
>>53787243
>>53787365
Can you post the DLC?
>>
>>53789998
the sleep arguments center on that loss of awareness, so i think a lot of people used the simple definition here
>>
>>53790005
There's Already a Duplicate.
>>53786403
>>
>>53789908
If we're classifying it like we do Greece, then those three types would actually have begun in Ancient /cyoag/ history, whereas waifu and adventure CYOAs came to exist in the Classic /cyoag/ period.
>>
>>53789876
>Lel, you really have a fucking gift for that, you know?
>and yet again
>yet again
Whoever you think I am, you seem to be making the same mistake you attribute to me. So, yay for having gifts?

To address the rest of your post - why and why does it matter:
Because all the functions that give rise to our consciousness we currently know and maintain it as a phenomenon if you will depend on uninterrupted working. Consciousness is housed in the brain to the extent of being result of functioning of the brain, but by itself isn't saved anywhere - it defines and explores itself by stored memories but in itself is a function analyzing and extrapolating from senses and those memories, existing only as long as it's active.

So if by itself it's not saved anywhere and exists only due to being constantly active (even when not aware of itself, your brain and its processes are still active as per discussion above) then ceasing the process irrevocably will also cease that consciousness. Since you have stored/memorized data you can due to renewed stimulation possibly create consciousness which will work on the same data leading to the same thoughts - and thus think it's the previous consciousness - but it will be new cycle with a new beginning of activity and thus a new consciousness, just unaware it's new.
>>
>>53789965
No
>>
>>53790035
Oh, damn. Nice. I'm gonna start making a build.
>>
>>53790058
yes
>>
>>53789856
Gone to where, anon?
>>
>>53790039
More like in the low-quality mass-consumption period.
>>
>>53790088
If you really think island survival, prison, and press button is high quality, then you have shit taste. Not to say they can't be fun, but they're lazy, poorly made, and lazily done to a one.
>>
>>53790055
>Because all the functions that give rise to our consciousness we currently know and maintain it as a phenomenon if you will depend on uninterrupted working.
No they don't. The definition you're bending over backwards to maintain is the only thing that depends on uninterrupted working.

Again, this seems like your argument is rooted in itself. Circular. "Consciousness must have continuation because consciousness isn't consciousness if it doesn't have continuation."

Why?

>in itself is a function analyzing and extrapolating from senses and those memories, existing only as long as it's active.
Why does it exist only as long as it's active? Because you defined it that way? Okay, in that case, how is that definition useful, and even more importantly, what does it have to do with the immortality argument that started this?
>>
>>53790020
The sleep arguments rely on the wrong definition of consciousness based on wakefulness. As has been clarified a dozen times by now, the brain functions do not cease during sleep, and thus by the second definition of consciousness as I have defined it to you, you never lose awareness. Especially considering your brain still processes outside stimuli.
>>
>>53790118
If you really think waifus > anything than you have shit taste, period.
>>
>>53789823
I cant tell either
>>
>>53789981
If your clone was running already, then it soon stops being an actual copy of your mind do to possessing its own experiences.
>>
>>53790138
except the sleep arguments are classic when it comes to these topics, so you only clarified what you think is important personally

>as I have defined it to you
exactly
>>
>>53790141
Why don't you make your own version of the ancient CYOAs, anon?
>>
>>53789908
>Go ahead and post a "classic" waifu CYOA then, I'll wait.
No need to post it, I think you already know it as it befits a classic. Towergirls, for example, before splitting into separate thread due to dominating generals. Or BroQuest. Or, to lesser extent, today forgotten twhole series of Kiss CYOAs - some of them about as old as island survival.
>>
>>53790169
Because I don't make CYOAs.
>>
>>53790160
>Classic
It doesn't matter how long people have been making an argument if the argument is based on misinformation. Refusing to acknowledge the definition your opponent is using is essentially dishonest and biased debating and might as well be dismissed outright.
>>
>>53790187
Then who cares about your opinions, parasite?
>>
>>53790071
No
>>
>>53790203
Go ahead and post "your" CYOA then, parasite.
>>53790179
>I think you already know it as it befits a classic
No I don't:
A. These never got fucking posted.
B. The versions that did get posted were roll games.
Far from any definition of "classic".
>>
>>53790154
yeah, but those differences happen in both of your indistinguishable bodies - so there's no way to say which one is you, there's just two different people that would have been called you in the perfectly normal sense if it was only one

assuming a few days pass after divergence, then either of the clones, no matter how they diverge, is just the same sort of you that you are right now compared to yourself from a few days ago

the issue isn't with the actual workings under the hood here, the issue comes from this seeming strange because it doesn't exist in real life, and that's it
>>
>>53787212
Time to tour the universe is comfort.

Ship:
Space Yacht

Interior:
Classy

Facilities:
Plant Garden T1
Aquarium T1
Fabricator T2
Cloning T1
>Some people say this isn't truely immortality. I say it's better than nothing if I accedentally get eaten by an alien critter.
Expanded Cabin T1
Medical Lab T3
>I can be anything I want. With in reason. Also less likely to need the cloning thing with this.
Bathing Amenities T2
A.R.R. T1
Library T1
Rec. T1 (Games)
Crew Quarters T1 (Alien: Puazi)
>What? Stop judging me!

Special Ship Features:
Nanorobot A.R. T1
A.I. Companion T1
>Let her link up and become a better woman of my dreams than I could think of.
Synthetic Android T3
>So I can actually hold her in my arms... or be held in hers.
Wide Bridge Windows
Holographic Map

Wonders:
Stunning Technology
Alien Spaceships
Megalithic Structure
Alien Creatures
Stellar Phenomena
Earth
>>
>>53790190
the arguments aren't based on misinformation at all, they're just in a different frame than the one you're trying to force the issue into

not that yours is any worse, you just gotta accept that theirs is also fine
>>
>>53790129
>Why?
But it's not circular argument when I explained that 'why': consciousness itself isn't saved like memory. It exists only as long as it's active. That's why.

It's only about as circular argument as saying: a live wire must have electric current running through it because without electric current the wire isn't live.

>Why does it exist only as long as it's active?
Because that's how it works.

And before you ask:
Why does it work like that? I assume evolution led to it being this way. Why? Apparently that was the most optimal route to quick increase of chances of survival of the specie. Why? Because others apparently didn't work as well. Why? Because they didn't achieve as good results. And NOW I can go circular on you though I don't see the point as at that stage we talk about something else.

You seem to be expecting me to answer why reality works the way it works and why things happen this particular way. They just do - I didn't make this shit, I can only describe it to you to the extent of my understanding of current, spotty knowledge of nature of consciousness. You don't like it? Tough luck.
>>
>>53790234
>These never got fucking posted
A. There were several versions, not onyl roll.
B. If you recall the rolling ones then my point stands that some of them were posted, I've said the series and dropped an example
C. I am pretty sure this one or very similar without rolling also got posted since I got most of mine from generals
>>
>>53790317
I don't expect you to answer any questions relating to reality at all, I expect you to answer questions on your own perceptions of reality. The fact that you think you're talking about objective reality is a bit disturbing honestly.

Besides, you didn't answer the most important part of that post, the one that came at the bottom.
>>
>>53790234
>Far from any definition of "classic".
>Classic:
>remarkably and instructively typical.
>"Hamlet is the classic example of a tragedy"
>synonyms: typical, archetypal, quintessential, vintage;

"Choose a girl, get a boon" is as classic as it fucking gets. If you didn't get it by now, lurk moar.
>>
>>53790352
>>53790394
CYOA versions of these didn't get posted, they aren't classic.
Now go back to the trash.
>>
File: UUrban.jpg (510KB, 1693x866px) Image search: [Google]
UUrban.jpg
510KB, 1693x866px
>>53788442
Urban Unease CYOA:
Architectural Style:
>Gothic Revival
Apartment Location:
>Penthouse Suite
Local Businesses: (+4)
>Uncle Ickys Takeout
>The Heretics Library
>BlockBuster LLC
>Gunrunners Depot
>Bar Between Floors
>Bodega de Demonio
>Irregular Grocery
>The Pawn Shop
>Crazy Dans Supplies
Furniture and Appliances: (+6)
>Painters Memento
>Watchful Moose
>First Aid Kit
>Sun Kissed Cabinet
>Vending Machine
>Telepathic Landline
>Ex Tenants Journals
Friendly Tenants: (+10)
Female Tenants:
>Hallway Wanderer
>Ancient Witch Irina
>The Gardener
>Smug Hikkikomori
>Charm Giving Lass
>Apartment Maid
Inhuman Tenants:
>Scarlet Youth in Paint
>Yarn Spiders Nest
>Bathtub Mermaid
>Arm in the Basement
>Apartment Gargoyle
>Demon Falarafax
>Stair Standing Stones
>The Changeling
>Basement Apparition
Male Tenants:
>Bearded Chronicler
>Apartment Janitor
>Painters Apprentice
>Delving Adventurer
Paranormal Phenomena: (+9)
>Your Secret Admirer
>The Stairwell Window
>High Five Hands
>Bashful Haunt
>Outdoor Courtyard
>Odd Jobs Listing
>The Infinity Line
>The Illustrated Stalls
>The Memory Gallery
Hostile Phenomena:
>Message on the Wall (+3)
>Stair Switching (+3)
>Courtyard Chapel (+3)
>Recurring Suicide (+3)
>Phantom Passenger (+3)
>>
>>53790370
>Besides, you didn't answer the most important part of that post, the one that came at the bottom.
Though the answer is obvious but if you really need me to reiterate:
Given my previous statement, cloning process cannot move consciousness from one body to another since it's an active function of the brain, not an object to be moved. It can only recreate the process in another brain, the brain of the clone - but then it will be a different consciousness.

Because of that original consciousness is by no means saved as it's bound ot original body and exists only as that body isn't damaged/worn out beyond being able to maintain said consciousness (and disassembling it, even for a short time would disrupt it) which means that original consciousness sooner or later will perish with the body if the body won't resist to the causes of potential disruption, including age.

Which in turn means no matter how many clones one will have, they won't grant immortality as they'll be separate individuals, not new bodies housing original consciousness.
>>
>>53790406
The series is, not to mention the other examples I've mentioned.
You being insufferable cunt won't change it. The way I don't plan to go to trash, you shouldn't come from there in the first place.
>>
>>53790519
>Given my previous statement, cloning process cannot move consciousness from one body to another since it's an active function of the brain, not an object to be moved.
Yes, but why is this important? So what if they can't move consciousness as defined by you?

> It can only recreate the process in another brain, the brain of the clone - but then it will be a different consciousness.
Again, why is this important, if the only difference is an arbitrary matter about the definition of the word?

>Which in turn means no matter how many clones one will have, they won't grant immortality as they'll be separate individuals, not new bodies housing original consciousness.
I wouldn't say so, I'd say it's the same individual with a restarted consciousness as defined by you.
>>
>>53790541
No matter how many times you try to push it "Roll GF" does not mean "Pick Waifu", you being smartass won't change it.
>>
>>53790575
>"Roll GF" does not mean "Pick Waifu"
They rolled GF to pick waifu based on the result of the roll.
Plus, other examples you keep on ignoring.
>You being smartass won't change it
It won't, but me being right is just that - and again, you being a cunt won't change it.
>>
>>53789275
This
>>
>>53790640
>They rolled GF to pick waifu based on the result of the roll.
That's a real tongue-twister.
Now go back to /b/ and play your RYOAs.
>>
>>53786264
does this have a continuation?
>>
>>53787212
>>53787243
>>53786403
Race: Alien
Ship Size: Medium (Drone Carrier) (+5 Facilities)
Interior: Classy

DLC: Time Warper (-10 Facilities, +2 Special Features, +5 Wonders)

Facilities: Fabricator (Tier 3)
Expanded Cabin (Tier 1)
Medical Lab (Tier 3)
Augmented Reality Room (Tier 1)
Crew Quarters: Robot

Special Ship Features: Nanorobot A.R. (Tier 1)
A.I. Companion (Tier 1)
Phasal Transporter (Tier 1)
Mind Upload (Tier 3)
Upgraded EVA Suit
Powered Armor
Holographic Map

Wonders:
Stunning Technology
Planetary Events
Alien Spaceships
Megalithic Structure
Stellar Phenomenon
Prime Cynosure A.I. (Accept Offer)
Dimensional Entity
Earth

Won't lie. There's probably a story here involving the drone carrier picking a person up and effectively giving a trade. Be offered a robot army and the ability to become transhuman, in exchange for effectively being the brain of the ship. A spare part that it needed, so to speak.

I'd like to imagine that the medical bay hits immortality, but it's hard to say. It might even be moot considering all of time and space are available, and an alien A.I. has forked itself into my brain. But as a result, the wonders of technology and what the universe has to offer is laid out to me. Witness the birth and death of stars, understand what entire civilizations have worked on, integrate what they have into the ship... and myself. Erase the boundary between human and machine. But by that point, how does that kind of mind even work? Would they still even be the same person? Experience and knowledge changes a person, as does the ability to learn. Something like this? The ship might as well have killed the person and replaced them with something far different.

And to think, there was hesitation.
>>
>>53790575
>Yes, but why is this important?
Because it's not immortality if you die and you cannot avoid dying without moving your consciousness into body able to maintain it when the first one dies or being able to shield it from anything and everything that can snuff it out.

>Again, why is this important, if the only difference is an arbitrary matter about the definition of the word?
Because it's not only a matter of the definition. Difference between you and consciousness perfectly mimicking and thinking it's you bears practical differences from the standpoint of idea of you surviving through being able to create identical housing for those other consciousness - or not surviving.

>I wouldn't say so, I'd say it's the same individual with a restarted consciousness as defined by you.
And I disagree due to one difference. Even if the newly emergent connsciousness possess all the knowledge and data of the previous one to the extent of being functionally identical (and certainly thinking itself as such) the old consciousness - the you as you know yourself - is gone. Forever. You're dead, not immortal, dead. You only get a guy who is as if you'd be if you wouldn't be dead take over from that point on. But that guy isn't you.
>>
>>53790640
meant for
>>53790587

>>53790673
Not an argument. And if you cannot muster one, your problem.
>>
File: meh.ro10939.jpg (571KB, 1920x1550px) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro10939.jpg
571KB, 1920x1550px
>>53790704
Fuck. Forgot my pic, only slightly related.
>>
>>53790763
>Not an argument.
Neither is changing words around.
>>
>>53790745
>Because it's not immortality if you die and you cannot avoid dying without moving your consciousness into body able to maintain it when the first one dies or being able to shield it from anything and everything that can snuff it out.
But you don't die if you continue living, and I don't think an interruption to consciousness as defined by you stops you from continuing living.

> Difference between you and consciousness perfectly mimicking and thinking it's you bears practical differences from the standpoint of idea of you surviving through being able to create identical housing for those other consciousness - or not surviving.
And what practical differences are those?

>the you as you know yourself - is gone. Forever.
No it's not. It's right there. Whether there was an interruption of brain function or not is completely irrelevant, because sustained brain function isn't meaningful in any way other than to satisfy your definition of the word. At least, you haven't brought up anything meaningful and I can't think of anything either.

From your point of view you couldn't even tell the difference, it would be exactly like you went to sleep.

I'm sorry anon, but from my point of view you're hanging all of this on a matter of semantics.
>>
>>53790789
Given that RYOA stem from the same place and were alongside CYOA in the threads for a long time as well as the fact that not all of the mentioned CYOA were RYOA (you are constantly ignoring the examples provided for the third time), it certainly works better than mentioning tongue twisters.

You have no metaphorical leg to stand on. You wanted classics, I gave you classics - even when you'd take RYOA out of picture. Bitch and moan all you want - it will be seen only as such.
>>
>>53790888
>They rolled GF to pick waifu
I'm not the autistic one here.

Bitch and moan all you want, it's not a classic, it either didn't get posted or was a RYOA, not a CYOA.
>>
>>53790855
>But you don't die if you continue living
But you dont' continue living. Your clone does. And your clone is not you. It's a separate consciousness. You, with your self-awareness - stop existing.

>And what practical differences are those?
That with you having that immortal body survive and are immortal but you don't survive if you merely make identical copy of your body while you die with your original one.

>From your point of view you couldn't even tell the difference, it would be exactly like you went to sleep.
No, you're absolutely wrong. From your point of view there would be nothing. There wouldn't be a point of view. No memory, no perception of anything, like if you'd never existed. Because you wouldn't anymore.

For whoever knows which time, with clone who'd have its own consciousness you'd just have someone else who thinks they're you and for them it'd be like they went to sleep perhaps. You wouldn't wake up in new body as them, only they would wake up thinking they were you all along. But you wouldn't be at all anymore.

If you think "you" and "someone who can perfectly take your place without outside observer noticing a difference" is just semantics, then I am simply disappointed.
>>
>>53790945
>claiming Towergirls never got posted or was RYOA
>claiming Broquest never got posted or was RYOA
Nope, you're newfag or unable to differentiate between RYOA and CYOA if you think either of those two are the former.

So either you ARE the autistic one or more likely, simply stupid/ignorant, not knowing what was posted here long time ago and naive enough that you think that just with denial or bullshit you'll make your way through and no one will notice.
>>
>>53791061
A CYOA where you pick a real life girlfriend is not a waifu CYOA.
How long will you keep pushing your trash?
>>
>>53791004
>You, with your self-awareness - stop existing.
Your self-awareness stops existing all the time, like when you go to sleep.

Anon, I'd make another long post, but I basically disagree with you completely on the parts that you disagree with me completely. The fact is that your arguments are based on some trivial matter of defining brain functions, when those are irrelevant to your self-awareness in the first place. YOU don't care what every specific neuron does in your brain, YOU wouldn't care if they stopped for five minutes before restarting once you woke up, therefore you would still be YOU once you woke up as a perfect clone or whatever.
>>
>>53791126
>Moving the goalpost: the post
Are you retarded? Do you think that anons in here cared for the style of presenting a girl to make a distinction when summing up a CYOA?
As far as CYOA go, girlfriend/lover/wife/sexfriend-picking CYOA, no matter if they are eastern-styled drawings, western-styled drawings or actual photos - are waifu CYOA refered to as such by majority of anons whenever they are to sum them up.
>How long will you keep pushing your trash?
I am not pushing you nor 3DPD memes.
>>
>>53786298
Yes to adversity and being under 28 gives me 136 points

>Augmentations
Mover
Siren
Swarm
Atlas
Man of Steel
Herakles
Clockwork heart
Caliburn's Scabbard
Sting like a bee, both arms and both legs
Horus
Sherlock
Pheidippides
Thrallherd

This leaves me with 27.5 points due to the points i get from the super soldier bonus, I rolled a 16, so I suffer no drawbacks! For a Companion I'll choose Alexandra/Red
>>
>>53791209
>adding another argument on why you are stupid is moving the goalpost
I thought we were talking about classic examples of Waifu CYOAs?
Show me examples of "Classic WAIFU CYOAs" then.
>>
>>53791127
>Your self-awareness stops existing all the time, like when you go to sleep.
Self-awareness =/= consciousness which was addressed several times already in this discussion and if you think that repeating already debunked argument will somehow make it relevant, then you can give up now.

>therefore you would still be YOU once you woke up as a perfect clone or whatever.
No, for the xth time - because I wouldn't wake up as that clone. It'd be that clone thinking it's me that would wake up. I either would still be bound to original body if the clone was made when I was alive or I wouldn't wake up at all. Because I stopped being with my death and cloning is not ressurection. Same with you.

Which thing was also repeatedly addressed. I welcome you trying to pose new arguments but if you will only redress ones already made, especially when they were false/brought down in this or previous thread, I will only indicate so through ^ or other such marking.
>>
>>53788291
No he didden't.
>>
>>53791251
>Show me examples of "Classic WAIFU CYOAs" then
I did, mentioned by names. Then I mentioned them again. By name.

Either you provide argument how they are not classic or not CYOA or you go down as sperglord who was here for a long time and never realized that all CYOA - new, forgotten and classic - based upon idea of acquiring romantic/sexual partner are considered waifu CYOA here or you'll be considered merely newfag/shitposter who went over his head with accusations and now is just naively thinking he will convince anyone with it. I posted what you wanted, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>53791323
>Self-awareness =/= consciousness
Yes, and? You're the one who used the word.

>No, for the xth time - because I wouldn't wake up as that clone.
Yes, for the xth time - because you would wake up as that clone.

Hell if there were two clones you'd wake up as both of them at the same time! Then you'd promptly diverge after that, but still.

>It'd be that clone thinking it's me that would wake up.
That thinking is exactly the same as you thinking you're you right now. There is no difference.

>Which thing was also repeatedly addressed.
Please stop acting like you claiming something means it's a done deal, it's a really annoying conversation habit and probably pisses off people a lot.
>>
>>53791323
Basically, look. For your idea to work you'd need to point to something which gives a preson's self strict continuity. But there is nothing of the sort. That's why the sleep arguments always come up in these conversations - because the ONLY thing that absolutely strictly does give continuity is a span of self-awareness - and those get broken all the fucking time.

I think that for some reason you believe there should be more to it, that there is some sort of soul or whatever that would make whatever makes you YOU more solid, more defined. I think that's wishful (or perhaps fearful?) thinking on your part and nothing more.
>>
>>53791432
>Yes, and?
Don't try to pose one as the other when they're not the same.
>You're the one who used the word.
And I used it correctly, in the context of your consciousness disappearing with your self-awareness and then you brought that as an argument for your opinion regarding consciousness - after all, why else would you bring something that was already established earlier in the thread up?

>Yes, for the xth time - because you would wake up as that clone.
>Hell if there were two clones you'd wake up as both of them at the same time!
No, I wouldn't be housed in either of those cloned bodies. Their thoughts could be identical to mine but they wouldn't be mine - I wouldn't register them the same they wouldn't with mine.

>Then you'd promptly diverge after that, but still.
But still nothing. How similar or different those thoughts are means absolutely nothing for whose consciousness reside in which body. Even if they wouldn't diverge in any thoughts or memories at all for some reason, I/you would stop existing, thinking, feeling the moment the body housing this particular consciousness would die.

>That thinking is exactly the same as you thinking you're you right now. There is no difference.
Difference is that I could only think so if I'd be the clone. If I'd be the original and die it wouldn't be the same thing because then I'd be dead and think nothing.

You seem to be mixing lack of difference from the standpoint of outside observer with an objective fact whether something (someone) still is or not. Just because no one would notice you are not there anymore if someone would swap you with a clone doesn't mean you would still be there if you died.

>Please stop acting like you claiming something means it's a done deal, it's a really annoying conversation habit and probably pisses off people a lot.
I think you're the only person still talking about this. And I am the only person still having willingness to answer, with everyone else seemingly moving on.
>>
>/cyoag/ - Philosophy Edition
>>
just live and then die, you stupid deep faggots
>>
>>53791529
>For your idea to work you'd need to point to something which gives a preson's self strict continuity.
>But there is nothing of the sort.
there is. Brain with all the processes that create consciousness is active thorough your whole life, both when asleep and awake.

>I think that for some reason you believe there should be more to it, that there is some sort of soul or whatever
You think wrong, at least in the context of this discussion when it was one of the premises there is no soul.

>whatever that would make whatever makes you YOU more solid, more defined.
Ironic statement given it's you who thinks that merely identical thoughts and memories compared to some original source create a particular person that is the original source. That's actually wishful/fearful - to assume that as long as there is something mimicking something else perfectly - it is what it mimicks, even from the standpoint of thing mimicked.

It's not. It may be hard for you to swallow but perfect copy will always be merely a copy. It will never be an original and while functionally it may serve in place of the original, it's not that.
>>
>>53791665
>Brain with all the processes that create consciousness is active thorough your whole life, both when asleep and awake.
That's meaningless.

>It's not. It may be hard for you to swallow but perfect copy will always be merely a copy. It will never be an original and while functionally it may serve in place of the original, it's not that.
It is. There is nothing fundamentally more YOU about the original than the perfect copy, except for the continuation of brain processes and the same atoms comprising the body, both of which are completely meaningless to you on a personal level.

If you were secretly replaced by a perfect copy of yourself every day, you wouldn't ever even notice. That says a lot.
>>
>>53790179
Holy shit is 17 a cutie.
>>
>>53790234
I hate when you newfags pretend like you came from the /b/ or early /tg/ threads when you so obviously didn't.
>>
>>53786347
>Ship
CS Runner, pretty bad attack and durability, but the cargo and crew size makes up for it
>Upgrades
Ionic plating and an extra room, boosts durability to average instead of bad, and gives me more crew
>Modifications
Kitchen, Master Bedroom, and Theater for supreme comfiness
>Crew
Mary Jane, Alexandria Torgue, Saint Thomas, Charles III, Mariah Magdalene. Mary Jane and Mariah Magdalene are mostly here because they're cute, but with Alexandria, Charles, and Thomas I become super human. Overall this seems like a chill, well rounded crew.
>Cargo
Golem Class Mech, Bio-pod V1.1, and the Spacewalk Suit. The biopod is incredibly useful, and so is the spacewalk suit. The Golem class mech is really cool looking, helpful for cargo shipping, and intimidating.
>>
>>53791848
>every time I look, anon picks literally worst girl
>>
I invite all clonefags to kill themselves whenever they get a clone. It shouldn't matter, apparently. Show courage in your beliefs.
>>
>>53790888
People only get upset at RYOAs now because of one or two people being autistic about not having control over the results, basically.
>>
>>53791399
He's a huge newfag considering a new 3D waifu CYOA got made just last week.
>>
>>53791791
>That's meaningless.
Not at all assuming consciousness is the product of brain's functioning and reliant on it's continuous function.

>It is. There is nothing fundamentally more YOU about the original than the perfect copy
Not from the view of outside observer, but from my perspective it's literally a difference of me existing or not exactly due to continuation of those processes and whatnot. The moment that ends - I, from my perspective end forever. After that you can have someone who will be indistinguishable from me and thinking they're me - but that won't be me as I was earlier. That one will cease to exist, without anyone noticing.

>If you were secretly replaced by a perfect copy of yourself every day, you wouldn't ever even notice. That says a lot.
That says you didn't even imagine it well. if you wouldn't notice because you'd have no capability to notice, being, you know, non-existant anymore. Unless you'd be still there and alive - then you WOULD notice, because you'd know of that copy doing things in your place when you'd be wherever else, doing what you decided to do and having no impact on what your copy would think or do from the moment it became conscious.
>>
>>53791394
Yes he did. You can find it last thread. Search for 'soul'.
>>
>>53791432
>you would wake up as that clone
By what magic?
>>
>>53791955
People get mad at them because they're thread eaters and allow for little to no discussion. So would also argue they're literally not CYOAs.
>>
>>53791955
I actually dislike RYOAs myself, but that's beside the point - It's the fact that those existed since a very long time and that waifu stuff is classics here that was the point.

>>53791980
And it's not the first 3D CYOA we have!
>>
>>53791791
>both of which are completely meaningless to you on a personal level.
Bullshit. The only thing that matters to me is that I don't die. You bet your ass I care about myself being separate from some fucking clone. I would derive no comfort from the fact that a clone would exist after I cease consciousness.
>>
>>53791913
What's wrong with her? It's some meek Arab/Indian chick. She's adorable. Not gonna argue about her bonus or whatever.
>>
>>53792013
I mean, would you rather have a dozen roll posts, or this thread's discussion?
>>
>>53791791
>There is nothing fundamentally more YOU about the original than the perfect copy, except for the continuation of brain processes and the same atoms comprising the body, both of which are completely meaningless to you on a personal level.
It's the fact that I AM the original that's both fundamentally me and meaningful on personal level. I don't give absolutely any crap at all that there'd be someone who'd take over and that everyone, including it - would think it's me. What I care is that the original me didn't end the existence. Because I won't feel or think as my clone, I can only be the original me. So that's bullshit and you can bet that I'd allow hundreds of my clones cease to be right now if it'd be a choice between the original and those clones.
>>
>>53792081
I'd rather people stop being fucking stupid an roll offsite and for their to be discussion about CYOAs. There are some better RYOAs out there. They're not universally cancer. Roll posters are however.
>>
>>53791986
>Not at all assuming consciousness is the product of brain's functioning and reliant on it's continuous function.
Yeah, but the consciousness that that is meaningful for is the classic sense of consciousness, or self-awareness. Your particular type of consciousness is meaningless on a personal level.

>Not from the view of outside observer, but from my perspective it's literally a difference of me existing or not exactly due to continuation of those processes and whatnot.
Your perspective doesn't actually exist outside of a train of self-awareness. This is why I keep telling you that your concept of consciousness is meaningless on a personal level.

>The moment that ends - I, from my perspective end forever.
You, from your perspective, end every time you fall asleep.

>That says you didn't even imagine it well.
I think you're the one who isn't imagining it well. If you were swapped every night by aliens with an identical copy (and your old body destroyed) you'd never know, and you'd still be here arguing about whether you are you or not. That says a lot. It says that your concept of yourself is based in something that you can never experience or verify personally, and hence it's just navel gazing.
>>
>>53792081
This thread discussion as long as it's not a regular thing in every thread can be amusing. RYOAs rarely are. And even one decent RYOA, yet alone a dozen is ore of a death of such threads than similar philosophical discussions because right now you at least get people talking while in RYOA threads there's just posts upon posts of "Rollin'" and variations of that.
>>
File: 1464894159588.jpg (16KB, 245x237px) Image search: [Google]
1464894159588.jpg
16KB, 245x237px
>>53792128
>Your particular type of consciousness is meaningless on a personal level.
>Get three people who disagree with you.
>Still insist it's meaningless to everyone.
You're one of the most pigheaded idiots I've ever seen in these threads. You intentionally make a subjective argument based on personal values then declare it's impossible for other opinions on those values to exist, even when those differing opinions are posted at you.
>>
>>53792107
>>53792035
The point is that, assuming getting secretly cloned was a realistic possibility, you couldn't and wouldn't ever know if you are the original or not. That's why it's not meaningful.
>>
>>53792158
His particular definition of the word consciousness is "uninterupted brain activity". Please follow the conversation before butting in.
>>
File: 1363090005085.png (35KB, 237x128px) Image search: [Google]
1363090005085.png
35KB, 237x128px
>>53792162
Here's the thing. I don't care if I am the original. I care if I'm me. This body. This consciousness. I do not consider a clone a continuation of myself, and any clones of me would agree that they are a new individual. They would all value themselves as an individual and disagree with the concept of a clone being a continuation of them or that consciousness would magically transfer to them. If I was a clone you bet your ass I'd let the original die to preserve myself.
>>
>>53792178
Your brain activity is never interrupted, though.
>>
>>53792213
I know.

>>53792203
>I do not consider a clone a continuation of myself, and any clones of me would agree that they are a new individual. They would all value themselves as an individual and disagree with the concept of a clone being a continuation of them or that consciousness would magically transfer to them. If I was a clone you bet your ass I'd let the original die to preserve myself.
Seems you agree with me that it isn't meaningful?
>>
>>53792242
I just described to you how meaningful it is, you idiot. Ignoring my words doesn't support your argument, it makes you look petty.
>>
>>53792128
>Your particular type of consciousness is meaningless on a personal level
My "type" of consciousness is exactly as the one I've described, together with how meaningful it is. And it's certainly not the same as self-awareness.

>Your perspective doesn't actually exist outside of a train of self-awareness. This is why I keep telling you that your concept of consciousness is meaningless on a personal level.
But I can only b self-aware by being that particular consciousness. If I cease to be, then I cannot be, self-aware of not. You argue that somehow another consciousness being self-aware will make up for that or that it will even be me just because of having same memories/thoughts which is plain wrong because I won't experience those thoughts/memories. I won't be self-aware. Because I wont' exist anymore. Only the consciousness that does exist, no matter how similar or not, will be self-aware - and that won't be me.

>You, from your perspective, end every time you fall asleep.
No. I may end forever if I really die every time I go to sleep but then it's tragic. However, knowledge of the brain as humans possess already proves that functions and consciousness stemming from them is maintained perpetually thorough one's life, it merely enters different phases during some of which it's less aware of itself. But it's not an end of it.

> If you were swapped every night by aliens with an identical copy (and your old body destroyed) you'd never know, and you'd still be here arguing about whether you are you or not.
Yes, I wouldn't know but that is why I am telling you that you mix perspective of outside observant with one of a person of that particular consciousness. If aliens would swap my bodies I would be a clone who wouldn't notice anything, yeah, but original would be still dead and destroyed. The only thing you did is telling me to look from the standpoint of a clone for which I argue that it won't mean shit for the original who will be dead.
>>
>>53792242
it's meaningful to each of those individuals, both original and clone that they'd, in effort to preserve their individual consciousness, be willing to sentence all other instances/clones/whatever to death just to preserve themselves. That's fucking very meaningful.

Compared to that you argue that it wouldn't matter for any of those instances which one would survive since all of them would be not only seemingly the same but actual single conciousness which is bonkers. How the hell you're not getting that?
>>
>>53792304
I think he's shitposting by now. He's been repeating himself since the start and with less and less effort put into it too.
>>
>>53792262
No, you described how you'd care if you knew you were a clone. But if you got secretly cloned you wouldn't care if your brain activity was interrupted or not, in fact you probably wouldn't even know.

Keep in mind that the definition of the word consciousness we were using is very different than the usual one. That anon just decided to force it for some reason, even though he could have easily used a more reasonable term.

>My "type" of consciousness is exactly as the one I've described, together with how meaningful it is.
I don't remember any meaning being given to uninterrupted brain activity.

>But I can only b self-aware by being that particular consciousness. If I cease to be, then I cannot be, self-aware of not.
Semantics.

>You argue that somehow another consciousness being self-aware will make up for that or that it will even be me just because of having same memories/thoughts which is plain wrong because I won't experience those thoughts/memories.
See, again you point to some special *you*, even though the only reasoning you've given for why the *you* is special is something as banal as whether brain activity has been interrupted or not.

I can't take this seriously.

>However, knowledge of the brain as humans possess already proves that functions and consciousness stemming from them is maintained perpetually thorough one's life, it merely enters different phases during some of which it's less aware of itself. But it's not an end of it.
Our knowledge shows that we exist in our brains, but we aren't talking about that. We're talking about whether the perpetuation of brain activity is meaningful.

Use this as a different fictional example: You get frozen by aliens. Your body isn't moving, no chemical or electric activity is happening. Then the aliens unfreeze you. Are you still you?

>>53792304
I wasn't talking about emotional meaningfulness. I was talking about the ability to derive meaning, or information, from the facts you're working with.
>>
>>53792373
>>53792264
Missed a link there
>>
>>53792329
Maybe, kinda why I threatened that if he'll keep that up I will just start marking it as a rehash of previous argument instead of bothering.

It's kind of mindboggling how one one hand he can write seemingly thought-out posts but then is unable to grasp simple concepts of difference in perspective between different individuals just because they'll seem the same to outside observer or their body-doubles.
>>
>>53792373
I described to you how that I do not care if I as an individual am the clone or the original not because these concepts don't matter to me, but because I consider clones to be individuals, and thus if I am a clone, I am a singular individual who prizes his own survival above all else. Because nobody else, not the original or any future clones, is me. In simple terms, fool, I do not even remotely agree with the idea of memories or personality defining the self or that consciousness magically transfers between identical clones. Despite your frequent attempts to claim that no one cares, I do in fact care.

>you wouldn't care if your brain activity was interrupted or not
I would definitely care about that whether or not I've been cloned, dumbfuck.

>In fact you probably wouldn't know
Is a person not against cannibalism if they are lied to and eat a human being? Lack of knowledge doesn't change morality, belief, or fact.
>>
>>53792426
I've done the same thing as him before, myself. You construct one argument, and you refuse to budge on it. You either repeat it word for word, or you parse it out and put individual points to individual replies, or else you simply reword it. You never budge, and you don't REALLY read or consider the other person's points at all, beyond making sure they match the regurgitated sentence you are replying with. It's classic, sophisticated shitposting. He has all the hallmarks of it, because I have NEVER seen him change his position once or integrate new information provided by his opponents, or add onto his argument. I've seen him repeat text multiple times and outright ignore challenges and questions that would require him to add information to his own arguments. That's what makes it obvious.
>>
>>53792329
>>53792426
I'm bothering less and less because I've already given answers many times over to a lot of the things the other guy is saying. Why should I put in more effort than he is?

Also threaten all you like, I feel like I've been just humoring you for a long time now anyway.

>>53792445
You don't care about what I was talking about. Please read the discussion (or at least the explanation I gave you), before getting wrapped into a misunderstanding as big as this.

>Lack of knowledge doesn't change morality, belief, or fact.
But knowledge that you lack holds no meaning to you until you learn it.
>>
>>53792495
I've held this belief for years. And have you seen the other guy budge on a single of his points? If you feel like you're in a place to judge me, then please do me the courtesy of judging me without bias.
>>
>>53792373
>Keep in mind that the definition of the word consciousness we were using is very different than the usual one.
I am using very common definition, the totality of one's being, the intelligence processing data and making decisions. And I forced nothing, rolled with what anons declared when starting this topic.

>I don't remember any meaning being given to uninterrupted brain activity.
You gotta be trolling. I've said several times that uninterrupted brain activity is a difference between be or not be for consciousness. You frikkin talked with me about cloning in regards to interrupting and copying conciosuness in parts. You think why did we talked about this?

>Semantics.
No. A difference between me being and someone else thinking they're me.

>See, again you point to some special *you*, even though the only reasoning you've given for why the *you* is special is something as banal as whether brain activity has been interrupted or not.
You didn't read the post or you start spewing lies.
I recall specifically pointing out that what differentiates me and my consciousness from that of others isn't brain activity. Brain activity is what allows me to keep on being. But the difference is that as long as my consciousness is there, I am and I can think, feel and so on. The moment that consciusness is out - and it's out with termination of brain activity - whatever may or may not emerge afterwards won't be me. It won't be me anymore feeling or thinking. It may be consciousness thinking it's me but that's about it. That's the last time I write this again, next time I will just ignore it.

>I can't take this seriously.
People stop taking you seriously, apparently you got several posters by now perplexed by you or outright calling bullshit and accusing you of trolling. So don't worry, you're not the only one about to drop it.
>>
>>53792499
The relevance knowledge holds is unchanging regardless of whether you know it or not. Gravity is no less a fundamental force just because our understanding of it is spotty. Whether or not I'm a clone would matter to me strongly, that knowledge is important to me, whether I am aware of it or not. It holds meaning. Yet, that's not the part I was expressing to you. What I was expressing was that I do in fact care about my death and individuality. That a clone can be made who is identical does not matter because a clone cannot be me. There is no continuity of consciousness between me and the clone, outside observers be damned.

>>53792520
I've seen a half dozen people try and talk to you, and give up when you kept repeating yourself. The problem is with you.
>>
>>53792373
>Use this as a different fictional example: You get frozen by aliens. Your body isn't moving, no chemical or electric activity is happening. Then the aliens unfreeze you. Are you still you?

Oh you fucker. Alright, shitposter, congrats, you had me till this point. Word by word, the same example repeated, one me and other anons already answered.

I'm done. You either are unable to grasp difference of perspective in each of those cases, despite different anons doing their best to explain, or you just don't care and shitpost like mad. I hope it's the latter because the former speaks very ill of certain things regarding you, whoever you are.

>>53792495
Maybe it's that. If so, he just burned it by trying to just copypaste his earlier alien freezing scenario at me again to have this thing go in circles. If he couldn't understand the answer the first time to his example, second time won't help him.
>>
>>53792544
>I am using very common definition, the totality of one's being, the intelligence processing data and making decisions. And I forced nothing, rolled with what anons declared when starting this topic.
No, the common definition is... exactly what you fucking get in any dictionary or wikipedia article or whatever else. The definition you're using is different, and many people might even feel it's contradictory since by it you're still conscious even when unconscious.

>You gotta be trolling. I've said several times that uninterrupted brain activity is a difference between be or not be for consciousness.
Yeees, but you never answered why this sort of consciousness is important. I asked you like ten times and never got a sufficient answer.

>I recall specifically pointing out that what differentiates me and my consciousness from that of others isn't brain activity.
Then what is it?

>That's the last time I write this again, next time I will just ignore it.
Yes, I know and am highly annoyed that you keep repeating that, but the problem is you still didn't actually give any reasoning for WHY you believe that, you just repeated it for the twentieth time now. Well for the twentieth time on my end, I don't see anything meaningful here.

Why isn't it you?

>>53792550
I've seen one person talk to me for a few hours then suddenly three popped up in the end. I wasn't there for the start of this argument.

>>53792593
Call me a shitposter all you want, I know I've been arguing in good faith.
>>
>>53792593
>Word by word, the same example repeated
Maybe his whole stance is just rehash of someone else's thought about this topic? Would explain why he goes round in circles unable to get what others tell him - he accepted some point of view in the past, had someone talk or read a book, memorized arguments and examples and now just throws them unable to really get how they're wrong.
>>
File: star-citizen-rion2.jpg (106KB, 1100x515px) Image search: [Google]
star-citizen-rion2.jpg
106KB, 1100x515px
>>53787212
Orion Class Mining Vessel, Out Of Hand

>Make and Model
Human Mining Ship

>Interior
Worn In and Comfy

>Facilities 25
Plant Garden t1 24
Aquarium t1 23
Fabricator t3 17
Cloning Tank t3 11
Expanded Cabin t1 10
Medical Lab t1 9
Bathing Amenities t1 8
AR Room t1 7
Library t1 6

Recreational, All 0

>Special Features 10
Phasal Transporter t3 4
Nanobot AR t1 3
AI Companion t1 2
Upgraded EVA Suit t1 1
Holographic Map t1 0

>Wonders 3
Natural Wonders 2
Stellar Phenomena 1
Earth 0

Ha ha, I am all of the crew! All the profits are now mine!
Also, I'm going to go fuck myself! Ha ha ha ha!
>>
>>53792727
Can my stance really be wrong if it's just that the other guy's stance doesn't have a sufficient explanation?
>>
>>53792637
>No, the common definition is... exactly what you fucking get in any dictionary or wikipedia article or whatever else
If you'd read that wikipedia article after first sentence of two of most common definitions and look at it's relation to sentience and in field of philosophy, you'd get something quite not unlike what I was talking about.

>Yeees, but you never answered why this sort of consciousness is important.
I did, multiple times. Because this consciousness is me. The consciousness from which self-awareness emerges, the thing that is me when I think about myself.

>Then what is it?
It's in the same fucking paragraph you're quoting! About sentence or two after that!
Man, what the hell is your damage?

>but the problem is you still didn't actually give any reasoning for WHY you believe that
Because that's the only thing by which one can be self-aware of themselves as themselves. It's kinda obvious, by what else but your conscious ability to perceive self you'd differentiate what is yourself and what is someone else?

>Why isn't it you?
Because it's a separate being, its thoughts, decisions, considerations, feelings, actions and their consequences are its own - no matter how similar to mine and on how many shared fundamentals based.

And that I also explained before. I am getting baited too easily tonight.
>>
>>53792760
Yes, because most of the stuff you asked about was explained if not by him then by others, while you ignored or were unable to comprehend it and instead threw, repeatedly, same flawed examples, including outright claiming that one's clones will be that person even when they would all be separately aware entities, with subjective independence being unimportant by extension.

>Call me a shitposter all you want, I know I've been arguing in good faith.
If you repeat ad nauseum the same lines despite them being rebuked, explained and buried - there's some issues with comprehension OR your good faith. If you really have the latter, you need to work on the former as several anons already pointed out. You seem to be unable to even follow logical extension of what people claim, instead requiring everyone to spell out every implication and result of every thought and then do it again in every provided example, even when those implications are the same. It's not healthy and it's not normal.
>>
>>53792861
>Man, what the hell is your damage?
Anon, you were right to drop this conversation earlier, and shouldn't restart it. We obviously aren't connecting - I'm not getting anything from this, and neither are you.

But okay, since you wrote out two entire posts.

>Because this consciousness is me. The consciousness from which self-awareness emerges, the thing that is me when I think about myself.
I still see no reasoning here for why the brain activity must remain uninterrupted.

>It's in the same fucking paragraph you're quoting! About sentence or two after that!
And I read it too. I'm not ignoring your sentences, anon, I'm just shortening my quotes because I hit the letter limit earlier one time.

>Brain activity is what allows me to keep on being. But the difference is that as long as my consciousness is there, I am and I can think, feel and so on. The moment that consciusness is out - and it's out with termination of brain activity - whatever may or may not emerge afterwards won't be me.
W H Y
H
Y

Why isn't it you?

>Because it's a separate being, its thoughts, decisions, considerations, feelings, actions and their consequences are its own - no matter how similar to mine and on how many shared fundamentals based.
W H Y
H
Y

To my question of why you think it's a separate being, you answer with "because it's a separate being".

And you call me the fucking troll. Holy fuck.

>>53792926
I have not seen any sufficient explanations.

>including outright claiming that one's clones will be that person even when they would all be separately aware entities, with subjective independence being unimportant by extension.
And I stand by that. Even if you created several clones, they would be the same person at the start. Simply because I'm going by the premise there is nothing like a soul or anything else metaphysically unique to distinguish them.
>>
>>53793039
>To my question of why you think it's a separate being, you answer with "because it's a separate being".
Not him, but he told you outright it's because they are separate physically and mentally from him and the signals in his mind are not telemagically shared between it and him. I understand this from skimming this argument, you should too since he's said as much to you repeatedly.
>>
>>53793039
>To my question of why you think it's a separate being, you answer with "because it's a separate being".
>And you call me the fucking troll. Holy fuck.
Because either you're unable to see all those bits mentioning how it has its own thoughts emotions etc that I do not have control or experience of or you are unable to comprehend them assuming you're not trolling. That's why. It's a why I also dropped several times.
>>
>>53793039
>And I stand by that. Even if you created several clones, they would be the same person at the start.
No. The very fact that each one of them is independent someone would make them different people. Even if their thoughts and behaviors are exactly the same, they're not the same person - all their thoughts, however alike, are thought independently.
>>
File: Fantasykingpin1.png (1MB, 1200x3800px) Image search: [Google]
Fantasykingpin1.png
1MB, 1200x3800px
>>
>>53793062
>Not him, but he told you outright it's because they are separate physically and mentally from him and the signals in his mind are not telemagically shared between it and him.
That's completely different to what he's been saying, and a much more acceptable response.

But to that I say,
>physically
Does this really matter?
>mentally
They actually are identical mentally.
>telemagical telepathy
Doesn't need to be. Like I said, I'd say even several simultaneous clones would start out as the same person before necessarily diverging. But if you took any single of those clones and only had one of them in existence, then I'd see them as the same person.

And I'm including the original under the word clone.

>it has its own thoughts emotions
Except it doesn't? I mean, okay, maybe it does, but where's the argument that tries to prove this?

>I do not have control
I don't think this is relevant. Why would you need control?

>>53793114
>The very fact that each one of them is independent someone would make them different people.
Not in the initial moment. They only diverge after that first moment.

And when they do diverge, they diverge only as much as a regular person diverges from themselves from one moment to the next.
>>
>>53793147
>Does this really matter?
Do you get to decide what matters to him?
>>
>>53793039
Those posts can sum it up why people think you troll:

>>53793086
>>53793062

If anons who just jumped into discussion understand easily the point of anon with whom you talked while you are unable to see the same and claim no explanation is given - it proves you have issues with comprehension of the explanations or conclusions to which they lead.
>>
File: FantasyKingpin2.png (3MB, 1200x4100px) Image search: [Google]
FantasyKingpin2.png
3MB, 1200x4100px
>>53793126
>>
>>53793164
I'm not particularly affected by being called a troll, anon. I know that what I'm saying is perfectly true to my own perspective.
>>
>>53793147
>Not in the initial moment.
Yes, in the initial moment, even if their thoughts are exactly the same, all their perceptions and totality of their awareness of anything absolutely without difference, they act and think like in hivemind - they're still already two different individuals. Not different in functional and practical dimension for the outside observer, but still two separate points of consciousness. You can kill one and it won't be some shared consciousness that'll die, it will be one of those individuals.
>>
>>53793213
>You can kill one and it won't be some shared consciousness that'll die, it will be one of those individuals.
I don't think this matters. They are still the same person initially, simply because there is absolutely nothing which distinguishes them one from another.

We are talking about an instant moment though, if that wasn't clear.
>>
>>53793251
His post contains one point in which they differ, at least.
>>
/r/ing that CYOA where you die and go to hell and then Satan sends you back with deadly sin meme powers.
>>
>>53793264
Yeah? I assume you mean the spatial thing? I don't think that matters either, as there is still nothing to distinguish them.
>>
>>53793181
You're missing the point of even that post. It's not to point out how you're a troll, it's, in case you aren't, so you will notice why people think so and work on the flaws of your thought process that lead to them claiming so.

You can feel whatever you want about your perspective but if several different sources see you having issues while also understanding each other's points while you cannot and accuse them of lack of necessary explanation - the problem is with you. That or you talk with a magical telepathic hivemind that understand itself without explanations. Guess which is more probable. Or maybe don't, I don't want to risk you getting that one wrong as well.
>>
>>53793279
You're kinda degenerating to claiming things don't matter. Why not, anon? You love that question, so why not? And moreover, why do you get to decide what matters to everyone?
>>
>>53793280
I don't think my thought process is flawed. It's possible my ability to communicate is, but I'm completely confident in my conclusions on this topic. And I am the sort of person who gets that nagging feeling of doubt when they might be wrong.

I also don't actually think those anons understood each other perfectly, since a lot of the newcommers seemed to throw arguments from different directions at me.
>>
File: google.jpg (32KB, 478x591px) Image search: [Google]
google.jpg
32KB, 478x591px
>>53793311
>Arguing based on feelings.
>>
>>53793310
Because nothing distinguishes them. We already went through this in the conversations about identical balls upthread.

>And moreover, why do you get to decide what matters to everyone?
Why do you think that's what I'm trying to do?
>>
>>53793327
Spatial distinction is nothing? Literally nothing, and not nothing in the sense of dismissal.
>>
>>53793147
>Does this really matter?
>They actually are identical mentally.
Implying that it somehow makes them have no subjective attitude toward themselves or others?
>>53793251
>I don't think this matters.
Oh it fucking matters. It matter very much to each one of them to die or not die. And your inability to understand that from their perspective may be one of the biggest reasons why you're not getting what people are telling you when they say they don't give a shit how similar clones are, that all of them will want to preserve themselves because from their subjective point of view, their own survival is the most meaningful while you keep, either as an ignorant or just someone stubborn, try to to judge them from the perspective of an outsider. And I remind you it's about immortality from cloning where it's subjectivity of it all that decides whether it's immortality or not while you, in a true idiotic fashion stick to the perspective of someone else looking at them and deciding since it doesn't matter for you which one of them survives, is the original etc - it doesn't matter for them either.
>>
>>53793311
>I also don't actually think those anons understood each other perfectly
They understood each other well enough to get their point across without explanations while you seem to struggle greatly despite explanations provided and repeated.

>but I'm completely confident in my conclusions on this topic
Maybe that's why you're not only wrong but unable to process arguments of others. You already made up your mind and settled in one perspective.
>>
>>53793266
Try at
>>53789814
This one is mostly talking in circles about a topic loosely related to one CYOA.
>>
>>53793331
Nothing meaningful.

>>53793341
>Implying that it somehow makes them have no subjective attitude toward themselves or others?
What?

>Oh it fucking matters. It matter very much to each one of them to die or not die.
>their perspective
Don't change the subject. I'm talking about it mattering for the sake of this conversation, not mattering personally to the clones.

>you're not getting what people are telling you when they say they don't give a shit how similar clones are, that all of them will want to preserve themselves because from their subjective point of view, their own survival is the most meaningful
Oh no, I understood that perfectly, I told that guy he's not disagreeing with me about the relevant things. Since that has nothing to do with what he was aiming it at.

>And I remind you it's about immortality from cloning where it's subjectivity of it all that decides whether it's immortality or not while you, in a true idiotic fashion stick to the perspective of someone else looking at them and deciding since it doesn't matter for you which one of them survives, is the original etc - it doesn't matter for them either.
If you gave me the option to get a clone that was absolutely identical to me mentally and physically except healthier and a decade younger right now, I'd say yes without reservations.

>>53793370
>They understood each other well enough to get their point across without explanations while you seem to struggle greatly despite explanations provided and repeated.
I think you're wrong about that. They agreed about certain things, but none of them were exactly what I wanted to get to the bottom of.
>>
>>53793426
>Nothing meaningful.
The way you keep repeating this line without considering what other people value really makes you look like you're shitposting.
>>
>>53793426
>If you gave me the option to get a clone that was absolutely identical to me mentally and physically except healthier and a decade younger right now, I'd say yes without reservations.
Would you then kill yourself to 'live as that clone' as you believe you would through the Force or whatever?
>>
>>53793442
I'm not talking about values, I'm talking about meaning.

>>53793458
I meant if I actually disappeared because of getting said clone.
>>
>>53793426
>I think you're wrong about that.
And you miss the point of EVEN THAT EXPLANATION!
No one gives a shit about what you wanted to get to the bottom of. My point was solely illustrating that they were able to understand each other with no explanation necessary while you still apparently lack some explanations to comprehend the point made.
>>
>>53793470
Ironic.

I don't give a shit if they agreed about something unrelated to what I was talking about.
>>
>>53793468
Who ascribes meaning? Is it the great god in the sky, or the mortal men wallowing in this pig sty?
>>
>>53793520
Whoever receives it.
>>
>>53793426
>What?
Reread till you get it.

>Don't change the subject. I'm talking about it mattering for the sake of this conversation, not mattering personally to the clones.
Whether it matters to the original and clones and furthering their lives (as, you know, immortality implies) is the fucking point of this conversation and is the fucking subject.

>I told that guy he's not disagreeing with me about the relevant things.
You don't get to decide what's relevant as long as it's relevant to the topic. Though now given you seem to have wrong notion about what the topic was I see how even that may be off to you.

>If you gave me the option to get a clone that was absolutely identical to me mentally and physically except healthier and a decade younger right now, I'd say yes without reservations.
And that explains what? How getting a younger clone would make you immortal?

Do you have a sense of self? Because that would disappear with your death. Your younger clone wouldn't be you because dead or alive you won't get to share your clones thoughts, feelings, experiences. You're as dead as if you two would be completely different people - because you are, despite all similarities, two different, independent individuals - like you are and I am right now. That's why it's not real immortality - because for all actions your clone would do that would be what you'd do, for all the same thoughts or whatever - it'd be those clone's thoughts and actions, feelings and experiences, not yours. You would have no actions or thoughts, no experiences. You'd cease to be. Everyone here seem to understand that while you still are unable to comprehend it and it's worrying.

I also will leave this thread. If you cannot understand simple and rather obvious points and explanations anons made - despite seemingly everyone else being able to do so then it's tough luck for you.
>>
>>53793489
>I don't give a shit if they agreed about something unrelated to what I was talking about
They were talking on topic. If it was unrelated, stop shitposting and trying to say you are on topic.
>>
>>53793543
Then I declare that nothing you value is meaningful.
>>
>>53793578
>Reread till you get it.
Nah.

>Whether it matters to the original and clones and furthering their lives (as, you know, immortality implies) is the fucking point of this conversation and is the fucking subject.
Uh, no? When I said it's meaningless if the brain functions are interrupted, I meant in the sense of it being irrelevant to figuring out if the clone and the cloned person are the same person.

Whatever some random dude thinks about that happening in their head is completely irrelevant to me.

>You don't get to decide what's relevant as long as it's relevant to the topic.
I sure as fuck do when someone is busy saying it to me. He can go talk about it with someone else if I'm not interested in changing the topic.

>Do you have a sense of self?
Sure.

>Because that would disappear with your death.
It disappears when I sleep too. I still go to bed.

>Your younger clone wouldn't be you because dead or alive you won't get to share your clones thoughts, feelings, experiences.
That's already the case. I don't get to share thoughts or experiences with my past or future self either as it is - not in any way other than what I'd be doing with the clone anyway, through memory. Thus the clone really is my future self for absolutely all intents and purposes.

>>53793595
I meant strictly related to what I was talking with the original conversation lead at the time, not tangentially related.
>>
>>53793651
I reject your declaration.
>>
>>53793679
I reject your existence.
>>
>>53793684
Sorry anon, we're both here forever.
>>
>>53793669
Your quotes here seem to indicate that you don't care about other people's viewpoints or arguments to any degree and were just using this as a soap box to repeatedly restate your own views without bother to account for anyone else. Is that right?
>>
>>53793694
Sorry, you don't exist anymore.
>>
>>53793704
You're reading far too deeply into innocuous comments. It's not that I don't ever care, it's that it was irrelevant to what I was doing at the time and getting in the way.
>>
>>53793708
I do though. I just checked.
>>
>>53793725
If you consider other people's arguments on the matter to 'just be getting in the way' then you weren't having a discussion. Again, were you merely using this as a soap box to repeatedly restate your own views without bothering to account for anyone else?
>>
>>53793738
They were getting in the way because they weren't on the matter. And you're right, I wasn't having a discussion with that person, I made that very clear several times.
>>
File: 1362774167217.jpg (56KB, 405x412px) Image search: [Google]
1362774167217.jpg
56KB, 405x412px
>>53793749
>And you're right, I wasn't having a discussion with that person
Then you were shitposting. Regardless of what you think you were doing, from the perspective of everyone else and in every way that matters, how you were acting was indistinguishable from shitposting. Thus, you are a shitposter.

Goodnight.
>>
>>53793669
>Whatever some random dude thinks about that happening in their head is completely irrelevant to me.
This here is what I already told you before - the reason you fucking don't get it. The point of conversation wasn't ever your utilitarian bullshit on how much from the standpoint and to the perception of environment it means who is the real deal. The discussion from the get go was whether it was immortality from the subjective standpoint of people who would consider cloning as a way to get said immortality so it's absolutely, primarily about what is in their fucking heads.

>He can go talk about it with someone else if I'm not interested in changing the topic.
No, you were talking about a different topic altogether from the beginning, not getting what people are talking about. I will repeat for the last time - you talk about it from the view of outsider not giving a shit, everyone in ITT were discussing it from the standpoint of person undergoing cloning procedure as a way to attain immortality - you just seem too thick to get it.

>It disappears when I sleep too. I still go to bed.
But not permanently. Your consciousness as described ITT is still there, it's just your awareness that fades. And with clone, with you dying, it would be permanent death of both. Because even after your copy rolling out the sense of self would be felt then by that copy, not you. You'd remain dead. So it wouldn't be immortality. Which is the whole point of the whole convo.

>That's already the case. I don't get to share thoughts or experiences with my past or future self either as it is
Your past and future selves aren't actual people being anywhere (alternate dimension theory nonwithstanding but even then they'd separate entities, not you), time is a sequence of events (or at least perception of it) but it all happens to only one self - yourself.
>>
>>53793787
No, I was telling him he misunderstood me and to drop it. It's only polite. I was also not wasting posts, as I did it in larger ones.
>>
>>53793731
You will fade by tomorrow when the server updates. Goodbye.
Thread posts: 555
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.