[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Age of Sigmar General /AoSG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 65

File: flames.jpg (88KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
flames.jpg
88KB, 800x640px
Aelves! Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Skirmish
>https://mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>https://mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Question time
why are elves the best at everything?

old thread >53724831
>>
File: 1487858148455.gif (401KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
1487858148455.gif
401KB, 500x216px
>>53779753
this game is apparently as dead as the elves in the AOS setting.
>>
>>53780056
Huh-uh.

So, you're going to repeat this every time to maintain your self-denial?
>>
>>53780270
How active are the AoS generals usually? Three posts in 40min seems kinda dead, but it could just be the hour.
>>
>>53780056
Not dead, just not getting any new stuff because of 40k new edition. As soon as that dies down and AoS is in focus again, then the threads will be active
>>
>>53780315
These days the activity is fairly low. Until two or so weeks ago we made a thread every 23-26 hours. With the buzz of 8th we are doing a thread every 40-50 hours.
>>
>>53780329
more like every thread for the last couple weeks has archived with between 200 and 300 posts due to inactivity after languishing for 3+ days on life support.
>>
>>53780326
>>53780329

I wonder if that's why the /wfbg/ is a bit more active now too? A sort of feedback cycle - 8th edition is drawing attention away from AoS so it's generals slow down, slower general causes people to lose interest in posting until it picks up again?
>>
>>53780374

300 posts is called saging, dude. After those no matter how much "activity" there is.

But well, I guess you'd think that tg/ is where 99% of tabletop games' fanbases reside so you're making an actually EXTREMELY well informed guess.
>>
>>53780496

True, but under 300 posts and falling off from inactivity is called a dead game.
>>
well what did you expect? GW blew up the setting and then did nothing but release bland ugly Samecast Boreternatls and super over the top Blood skull reaper blood crusher skull red things. It doesn't help that they also completely bombed on delivering any kind of decent fluff for the setting.

Then with the power suits and chain swords for the KO overlords I think it just turned a lot of people off from the game.
>>
>>53780546
>>53780617

So,are you done with sameing? We really don't want you sperging it out all over the place.
>>
File: saming.png (38KB, 643x676px) Image search: [Google]
saming.png
38KB, 643x676px
>>53780653
nice try fag
>>
>>53780687
Touche. Well, you both can go whine to your shitholes, desu. Not that I have much to do at this hour.
>>
>>53780546
>>53780496
>>53780056
I still play it, discuss and engage with the game a lot, I just stopped posting here. Repeating the same shit was getting quite tiresome.
>>
http://i.imgur.com/rBeOud3.jpg

Wut.
>>
File: 400px-Malekiths_OC_Fursona.png (96KB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Malekiths_OC_Fursona.png
96KB, 400x260px
>>53781303
I don't know why anyone ever thought he "fused" with his dragon. It was a pretty stupid meme from the get go.
>>
File: ironjawz.png (2MB, 2460x906px) Image search: [Google]
ironjawz.png
2MB, 2460x906px
Oh, so it's a shitposting edition? Save your salt for bumping the thread if you are so bored with fantasy general

Also riddle me this. I'm thinking about starting an Ironjawz army. Is Weirdnob Warband a good box to complete the Start Collecting? Is pic related a good bundle for the Ironfist? I want to drop gore-gruntas of course and shamans. Even without using them two Warband boxes (130$) seem to be a better choice budget-wise than buying two boxes of brutes and box of 15 arboys (153$) - these 5 extra ardboys are actually useless. Is there any better way to brew up the Ironfist and save $?
>inb4 ebay
Only new stuff

Allegiance: Destruction

Heroes
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 8x Pair of Choppas or Smashas
- 2x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 8x Pair of Choppas or Smashas
- 2x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 1000/1000
>>
>>53781427
Worst part it was an accepted as truth meme, like stormcasts being spirits inside armors. Even though since mighty battles of age of sigmar and gates of azyr we knew this wasn't the case.
>>
>>53781572
You've got a standard ironjaw list.

Also, what I did was get 3 SC! and 2 WW plus a megaboss. 2200pts under 300 euros before 15% discount.
>>
>>53780617
With KO, I've seen a bunch of people consider, if not outright pick AoS up, when they wouldn't even look at it earlier. The skydwarves were the best move from GW in ages when it comes to warhammer.
>>
>>53781427
Because people are stupid.
>>
>>53781303
Link?
>>
>>53781427
That looks like a fused dragon thing no?
>>
>The horrors of unending warfare send once brave mortal troops fleeing for their lives (Huamans, Elves, Dwarf, Ogres)
>Once bolstered in courage by greater numbers, as their forces shrink in size, it is better flee and fight another day... (Skaven, Goblins, Orcs)
>Even the unliving begin to crumble, dissipate and flicker out of existence as Necrotic / Daemonic energies deplete (Undead, Daemons)
>The Forces of Azyr must pick their battles wisely, it is better to retreat than fight a losing conflict (Stormcast, Seraphon)

This explains battleshock good enough, right?
>>
File: hits just right.jpg (675KB, 1841x1895px) Image search: [Google]
hits just right.jpg
675KB, 1841x1895px
>>53783346
I like it
>>
>>53783346
>Elves
don't exist in the new setting.
>>53783289
>looks like a fused dragon thing no?
who knows maybe its a "cthulhu" theme
>>
>>53783346
What about daemons?

Seraphon are also daemons btw
>>
>>53783539
>What about daemons?
I'm blind: The post
>>
>>53783466
there are at least two elves in silver tower, duh

on an unrelated note, are skullreaper with demon weapons worth the risk ?
>>
File: shadow elves.jpg (125KB, 867x620px) Image search: [Google]
shadow elves.jpg
125KB, 867x620px
>>53784896
lies all lies... obviously GW is only interested in clearing their warehouses of old elf kits to make room for additional variants of the SC line of product.
>>
>>53783755

Huh, I imagined he'd have used more dots.
>>
File: IMG_3038.jpg (79KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3038.jpg
79KB, 500x378px
What ever happened to GHB2, the nurgle battletome, and skeletons? I have a bad feeling that after all the 40k stuff quiets down, we'll get some shiny new SCE.
>>
File: Death.png (105KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
Death.png
105KB, 500x505px
>>53785775
Nah mate, I bet we will see GHB2 in month
and at least rumours about death release
>>
>>53785775
40k 8th edition is taking center stage for a while

Everything will be fine
>>
>>53785824
Oh thank god. Any rumors of nurgle, skaven, or slaanesh? I originally thought that nurgle would get some love after the death guard came out, but it doesn't seem to have the same hype as thousand sons and Tzeentch did.
>>
File: IMG_4807.jpg (129KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4807.jpg
129KB, 1278x1181px
>>53785867
Though then again, Mortarion hasn't dropped yet, so I might be speaking too early. Here's to hopes of a plastic GUO
>>
>>53785867
We still don't have any news about Death Guard Terminator so GW still has some things to show us. IMO we will see 2-3 waves of Nurgle release with one wave of nurgle daemons usable both for 40k and AoS
>>
>>53785824
Where's that image from?
>>
>>53785981
FEC battletome IIRC
>>
>>53785962
I was expecting a release similar to what happened when thousand sons came. Also rumors of emperors children coming around November, which I assumed would be timed with aelves
>>
File: mavis.jpg (46KB, 393x496px) Image search: [Google]
mavis.jpg
46KB, 393x496px
I'd like to start a Death army. Ghouls models are not my cup of tea, but I like skellingtons and zombies (especially when you mix some bitz with freeguild).
Where should I start? Grab one of start collectings, or small boxes? I'd like them to be winter themed if that matters.
>>
>>53785943
>Here's to hopes of a plastic GUO

They have to make a plastic GUO, they can't skip him when they did the others
>>
>>53787016
The sc is okay if you want the Hero on the mount, you only get 10 Skeletons. Zombie models are quite poor looking and best bought elsewhere than Gw, a box of grave guard is always good

Get some skeletons on ebay if you can, maybe use Chaos Marauders for the winter theme they have fur lined boots and cloaks mix them with zombie parts
>>
What the fuck. I thought GW has tons of SC! boxes waiting for new players
>>
>>53787141
Idea with mix of maruders and zombies is neat, I'm diggin it!
>>
So, now that games is dead for good, how good is Shadespire going to be? Any chances to get some other faction love too?
>>
>>53787650
>now that games is dead for good
C'mon mate. I know you are still sad about fantasy but at least try to make a decent bait
>>
Who seraphon master race in here?
>>
>>53781572
Your plan is sound.
Just 10 brute blob is better than two 5 brute squads.
You will eventually want more brutes though
>>
>>53787048
Wait, so you're telling me that the plastic bloodthirster and the plastic LOC were designed at the same time, and that a GUO and KOS were also designed?
>>
>>53787650
Fuck off and kill yourself bitch.
>>
>>53789206
Itsnot like slaanesh greater daemon has sucked just as much ass as the GUO.

One is likely considering they are making nurgle part of the starter set, but they don't 'have' to make it. Making it would just be a good business choice.
>>
>>53789206
At this point, aren't all the nurgle players just using the glotkin model anyway? Or the FW one? Not saying that's the right answer from GW (all the chaos gods deserve a new plastic greater daemon sculpt), but at this point I would be tired of waiting. And the 'current' model sucks.
>>
>>53781579
>Even though since mighty battles of age of sigmar

I am pretty sure the idea of the Stormcast being Thousand-Sons rip-offs comes from when all we had to go on were a few images right at the beginning.

And personally, I think it's a better idea than what we got.
>>
>>53781174

And I still play, discuss and engage with Man-o-War - but it's still a dead game.
>>
So, does anyone know a place where I can get just the skaven half of Island of Blood/Spire of Dawn for an actually reasonable price? Ebay is literally selling them at GW stock prices, and there is no Skaven SC.
>>
>>53785509
I really hope the rest of the shadowkin look as cool.
>>
>>53791797
Another autistic mishap brought to you by GW
>>
Are Varanguard any good?
>>
>>53791619
I meant to say that judging a game by it's 4chan thread is a stupid metric. And maybe this general is just shit.
>>
>>53791797
I bought two boxes of SoD and sold aelves half on FB group. SoD box costs just a little bit more than start collecting so it's not this much tho and I'm saying this as a poorfag
>>
>>53791619

And no one cares about that. Same way no one cares about you being an abortion of a spergo that things that tg/ is ANY indicative of a tabletop's fame instead of the activity of an actual forum and not this proverbiel asshole of the internet.
>>
>>53787223
Their production is probably being swamped with 40k orders since the new edition is coming out

It will be back in stock soon, don't fret
>>
>>53797457
I hoped for a new start collecting wave with Blades of Khorne instead of Bloodbound
>>
>>53787650
Shadespire looks like it could be really fun

I'm happy they are building the Age of Sigmar brand like this. It reminds me of all the specialty games they built with the WHF universe and I loved all of those.
>>
File: 1492997522306.png (1MB, 1283x652px) Image search: [Google]
1492997522306.png
1MB, 1283x652px
one day later and a measly 65 posts total

is a painting requirement for good army wide bonuses going to be the new standard for armies moving forward?
>>
>>53798164
Stop
>>
>>53798164
No. Now do as the anon above me and put a sock on it.
>>
>>53797472
It's called SC! Khorne daemons + SC! Slaves to darkness + SC! Khorne bloodbound.
>>
>>53798177
>>53798487
I duno guys... not sure the issue was ever discussed enough to the point where anything was actually figured out.
>>
>>53798517
It's like a beard rule mate. If you are not playing against autists noone would give a fuck about your KO painting scheme
>>
>>53798517
I know (well, rather hope) it's sarcasm.
>>
>>53799247
>it's sarcasm
yep, it was
>>
>>53780315
>/tg/ doesnt talk about it so its dead
Naw.

It's literally the most active table top right now in San Antonio, with exception to maybe X-Wing. And that's the 7th most populous city in the U.S., the third most populous country in the world.

It's just dying down finally after years of hypemode because of 40k 8e. It's getting overshadowed by the plot finally progressing and a massive overhaul of the rules of the biggest table top war game there is.
>>
File: a_skaven_by_mablox.jpg (83KB, 800x787px) Image search: [Google]
a_skaven_by_mablox.jpg
83KB, 800x787px
Is it worth getting into faction that has no battletome and probably no chance for one? Really like skaven models but don't want to stuck with an army without future other than getting squated
>>
>>53801253
Skaven arent getting squatted dude. Might not get an update for a while but not squatted
>>
>>53801332
I hope so. Don't really like pestilens and want to play with a mix of other clans but they have no love for a long time now
>>
>>53801332
Wish disspossessed didn't get the boot. I enjoyed the old dwarves. But the new KO are pretty bad ass. Just miss the melee rerolls hah
>>
>>53801253
>skaven
>squatted
You are real dumb

Really, really dumb

For real
>>
>>53801467
They had to go- like it or not, GW wants IP it can slap that copyright on. And they want to make a big enough twist on the typical fantasy tropes that you pretty much have to buy their models (which is how they make money... funny that). Some people get all butt hurt over this, but whatever.
>>
>>53801957
No new rules since the launch and pretty no new GW models seriously, did they release any brand new skaven model?. GW could just toss us a new model or two with the Spire of Dawn release but they did nothing. If you want to see new skaven models you have to play Blood Bowl. I know that Skaven are not their best-selling faction but for fuck's sake - we will hit 2 years without anything new for rats in few months from now
>>
>>53801957
>>53802438
>inb4 pestilens
As I said here >>53801407 by skavnes I mean other than pestilens clans but pestilens are a joke too - six models and they are not really good on their own
>>
>>53802438
>seriously, did they release any brand new skaven model?
Yes, they did

You are REAL fucking dumb
>>
>>53802509
Mind to point me which ones?
>>
I've finished another update for my Savage Worlds AoS book.

This is going to be the last update save for minor fixes and balances I'm going to complete before the release of the expansion I'm working on, which will including playable Beastmen, Ogors, Skaven, Kharadron, Grots and the Extremis and Vanguard Chambers.

MEGA link because 4chan hates dropbox:
https://mega.nz/#!u9l2XIgJ!SpyL_tHp6bL9rd5noYmeBAcQri5_Ff6ZhA9d3C__0Ic

It will also include creating and fighting with custom airships from all four of the grand alliances, Chaos mutations (Already released, but improved), Improved Reforging, new lores of magic and more.

Give it a try and tell me what you think, I've received lots of really great feedback so far and I'm looking forward to bringing the Skyports to life.
>>
>>53802555
Changelog can be found on the last page, big changes are to Chaos progression, which has been made far more friendly and gives you the option to build an army of followers using a new currency system.
>>
cant find the kharadron abttletomes pdf in the pastebin links :(
>>
>>53801407
Then do skyre. Stormvermin are really really good.
If you want eshin, the new blood bowl skaven team is almost purpose built for assassin's and gutter runners (gutter runners came from BB originally anyway...). You got options to build while you wait.
>>
>>53802547
deathrunners in silver tower

tons of releases near the end times

theres also skaven in blood bowl, getting a team before elves, lizardmen, and so many other factions

you would have to be a paranoid idiot to believe that skaven will be squatted. theyre one of the totally original things that GW has ever produced
>>
>>53803008
>deathrunners in silver tower
Point taken
>tons of releases near the end times
As I said - since the launch of AoS, not since the End Times you illiterate fathead
>theres also skaven in blood bowl
You are not even reading my posts, are you? Because I have mentioned BB you idiot
>you would have to be a paranoid idiot to believe that skaven will be squatted. theyre one of the totally original things that GW has ever produced
If they are not getting anything new they are as good as squatted for me. You could play squats in 7e like we can play skavens right now. It have been 2 years without pretty nothing new for rats - what now? Another two years?
>>
>>53803130
>"point taken"
>then childish namecalling
>if i dont get a release every year its the same as being squatted

God fuck off you cunt

Skavenfags are the worst
>>
>>53803174
>then childish namecalling
>You are real dumb
>Really, really dumb
>You are REAL fucking dumb
You have to go back
>>
Ironjawz haven't gotten a release in over a year, are they squatting orcs!!!???!!!!?

Elves havent gotten any releases since AOS launched, as they squatting elves!!!???!!!!?

OMG THEYRE SQUATTING NAGASH TOO ?!?!
>>
>skaven featured in literally every campaign book
>pestilens got a battletome and start collecting
>new battalions for each clan in the GA Chaos book
>the great horned rat has ascended and its pissing everyone off
>No wait, turns out theyre going to undo all that and squat the skaven instead!!

-Something a Dumb Person actually believes
>>
>>53803340
>Ironjawz haven't gotten a release in over a year, are they squatting orcs!!!???!!!!?
I don't think so. They have two battletomes, plenty of new AoS models and few boxed deals
>Elves havent gotten any releases since AOS launched, as they squatting elves
But they had two shadow aelves in ST :^)
>OMG THEYRE SQUATTING NAGASH TOO ?!?!
Nah, he is mentioned everywhere, even in the Skirmish rulebook
>>
>>53803447
NAGASH HASNT GOTTEN A NEW MODEL SINCE END TIMES

SQUATTING CONFIRMED
>>
>>53803484
AHHHHHH SHIT NURGLE IS IN THE SAME BOAT

FUCK YOU GW WHY ARE YOU SQUATTING NAGASH AND NURGLE!?!?!!
>>
>>53803484
If you say so but why are you replying to yourself? >>53803510
>>
>>53802438
Only and idiot would think just because their faction isn't updated it's squatted. Great-glorious skaven master race is very much still alive.
There's a lot of things we haven't gotten in these two years. Just look at aelves and slaanesh & nurgle (ugly finecast greater daemons). We'll probably get our spotlight after 8th cools off and death guard gets the full thousand sons treatment (maybe even a nurgle tome for us).
>>
So at this point, is age of sigmar just a rainy day cash grab for gw? It seems they kinda gave up on the narrative this year.
>>
>>53803644
>hammerhal
>skirmisn and shadespire explore the realm of death
>tzeentch, stormcast, khorne, and KO battletomes tell the story
>all those novels
>upcoming Nurgle stuff

I dont know how you came to the conclusion that they gave up on the narrative.
>>
>>53801407
Pestilens are probably the single worst battletome faction in the game right now

t. Person who owns nothing but pestilens.
>>
>>53803644
>It seems they kinda gave up on the narrative this year.
By narratice you mean expanding the setting? If yes, they have done a good job imo. City of Secrets, hammerhal, new battleromes. Even the Skirmish has a few pages of new lore tho
>>
>>53803680
I just kinda thought that since there hasn't been anything like realm gate wars. Haven't really been following the board games. Good to hear death is getting a bit of a spotlight then.
>>
>>53803709
Everchosen are worse

And lets not forget about the WORST battletome...
>>
>>53803764
Kek, completely forgot about EC and dominion. Probably a testament to their quality.

Hope my plague rats get some sour of love in the rumored nurgle battletome
>>
>>53803736
I would like another Realmgate Wars and Season of War but having one every year would get predictable and boring.

This year they are focusing on 40k and Im fine with that. AOS had a lot of releases in the first 4 months of the year and there's more coming down the pipeline later in 2017
>>
File: 1484068276165.png (25KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
1484068276165.png
25KB, 299x276px
>>53803781
>Hope my plague rats get some sour of love in the rumored nurgle battletome
>mfw Pestilens will be included in combined Nurgle battletome and make a one big faction with Daemons and Rotbringers
Carriers of Nurgle are coming
>>
>>53803551
Dude, you're missing the joke by miles.
>>
>>53803915
I hope so anon. I need motivation to paint this, my furnace, and a virulent hoard box.
>>
File: IMG_5768.jpg (2MB, 4032x2558px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5768.jpg
2MB, 4032x2558px
>>53803915
I hope so anon. I need motivation to paint this, my furnace, and a virulent hoard
>>
>>53803933
No, I see no joke here - only a shitposting retard
>>53803960
Have you painted anything yet? Mind to post if yes?
>>
>>53804002
See above. I forgot the pic. Took time off to focus on uni and stuff, but I'm bored now, so I'll finish a box of plaguebearers and move back into rats
>>
File: 1387278066551.jpg (12KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1387278066551.jpg
12KB, 407x286px
>>53803994
Well fuck me >>53804002 - I don't know how I didn't notice you posted a pic already
>>
>>53804025
Just timing
>>
File: 400px-Settra_Rules.jpg (28KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Settra_Rules.jpg
28KB, 400x513px
Soon
>>
Were can I find Chaos GA battalions?
>On app
Thay were paid the last time I checked
>>
>>53803174
>>53803203
>>53803340
>>53803414
>>53803447
>>53803484
>>53803510
>>53803174
>>53803130
>>53803008
God you two are childish. Like grow the fuck up.
>>
File: kek.png (7KB, 364x241px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
7KB, 364x241px
>>53804738
Actually chuckled
>>
File: Warhammer_Skaven_Banner.png (657KB, 605x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer_Skaven_Banner.png
657KB, 605x1000px
Should I drop a Mortar and single Warpfire Thrower for a Warlock Engineer? I don't feel good about skipping the magic phase the other option is dropping all the teams for a single Doomwheel but it's probably a stupid idea

Allegiance: Chaos

Heroes
Skaven Warlord (100)
- General
- War Halberd and a Barbed Blade
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Packmaster (60)
- Shock-Prod
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
4 x Rat Ogors (240)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 1000/1000
>>
>>53805189
Magic phase isnt super important to every single 1k list. A lot of armies work just fine without it. Honestly, I think your list is good as it is right now.
>>
>>53805375
Then I will save Warlocks and Wheel for 2k
>>
>>53805189
Why do you have two artifacts? I don't see a battalion.
>>
>>53785509
Not big into Sigmar so I don't know much about these.

Is that picture a leak? Do we know when we will get more of them? Is there any lore beyond the little we got at release?
>>
>>53806285
They're not leak, they're warhammer quest models. Anyway, the whole "squatting" nonsense is ridiculous. Anything that was to be squatted was squatted at the release of AoS. Seriously, the newest cover art for a book has freeguild gundude and a disposessed duardin, why would they squat those?
>>
>>53805189
Illegal. Too many artifacts. Just take the crown off the pack master
>>
>>53805988
>>53806566
Missclick
>I don't see a battalion
I don't think there is a battalion for my list
>>
>>53806848
So why do you have two crowns?
>>
>>53806889
As I said - missclick. I wanted to give it only to Warlord but accidentaly pick it also for Packmaster in builder
>>
>>53806913
Ohh, wasn't sure what you meant by missick
>>
File: fucking incredible.png (66KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
fucking incredible.png
66KB, 500x238px
>>53804053
>He still thinks Settra is coming back
>>
File: IMG_5752.jpg (62KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5752.jpg
62KB, 650x488px
Considering getting this guy to use as a GUO. Should I wait for a plastic/get the resin?
>>
>>53804053
>dead character
Lol
>>
>>53807888
It's better than the GW one. If they release a plastic new one, buy it too.
>>
>think the AoS miniatures look cool as fuck
>There's no scene for it in my area

Guess I'll just play 40k
>>
Can any destruction lads tell me if Ruglud's armoured orcs are a better alternative to arrer boyz?

Just found a box of them forgotten in my attic that I must of bought like 10 years ago.
>>
>>53808453
Rumor says the glotkin was supposed to be a plastic GUO
>>53812429
If you're doing mixed subfactions, Your best bet is Savage arrer boys since they put out 2 shots per model and have 2 hits each
>>
>>53808586

Buy some blood warriors and convert them for 40k use, you get the best of both worlds
>>
>>53808586
Start up a skirmish league. Good way to get people's toe in the water is by havin' them not need to pay much
>>53812506
Or play chaos daemons
>>
>>53801467
Dispossessed are still around and grudgy as ever, they're just even more isolationist than before and stay holed up in their holds/won't let any non-dwarfs in. I'm hoping we'll see more of them with that book coming out with Grungni trying to get heroes to gather weapons for him.
>>
I am building a Highborn Army and I was wondering what I should add next

What I currently have in my collection is

High Elf Prince with Reaver Bow & Starblade
High Elf Prince with Enchanted Polearm & Enchanted Shield
High Elf Mage
(note all are on foot)

5 Silver Helms
30 Spearmen
30 Archers
Repeater Bolt Thrower

Most of the time I split the Spearmen into a squad of twenty and a squad of ten. The Archers I usually have in three squads of ten or a single squad of twenty or a squad of ten, it depends on how many individual units the enemy has.

I usually play against Exiles (Dark Elves) which is very heavy on Executioners and Seraphon who pretty much always takes a Carnosaur with a veteran. I don't have much of a problem for facing Exiles, its an even game. Now against the Lizards I have a problem. I cant seem to even hurt the Carnosaur and usually that doesn't do me much good.

I am thinking of added a Frostheart Phoenix or maybe a few Great Eagles. Any advice or suggestions would be great, especially on how to effectively kill a Carnosaur.
>>
>>53812773
Your army suffers from a lack of real punch IMO. Nothing in it seems to say "I'm a victory condition that can be used reliably"

Take a look at >>53805189 's list. They have the clanrats as a tarpit while the weapons teams/WLC sits back and mortal wounds shit to death.

When you design an army you should look at what you're bringing that will help you win. That thing can be mobility, tankiness, mortal wound generators, range, or really anything so long as its reliable.

That being said, don't take the phoenix unless you bring phoenix guard alongside. The two co-exist really well and provide a strong victory condition (wearing down your opponent with tankiness). Thats going to cost atleast 460 points on their own, which is a little too expensive on its own (plus a hassle to buy/paint).

Honestly, I would suggest you getting a Hurricanum and dropping the bolt thrower+10 spearmen+something else. It would synergize really well with the archers (giving them all +1 to hit) and shit out a ton of mortal wounds. Having it sit in the back while your other units protect it will give you a good VC.
>>
>>53812773
>I am building a Highborn Army
Drop it
>>
File: Combi-Plasma Gun.jpg (43KB, 352x249px) Image search: [Google]
Combi-Plasma Gun.jpg
43KB, 352x249px
>>53798164
Didn't the 7th edition SM codex have these rules for different chapters?
>>
>>53813500
>Drop it
Stop having wrong-fun!
>>53812773
Think it might be cool, but like other Anon said, it will probably miss some punch. Also remember that all those models are OoP and will not get support in the future. Might be better to convert the spearmen with some bows so they can also be used as Spireguard in the future. I presume this is an existing collection?
>>
File: the right elf characters.png (786KB, 1805x665px) Image search: [Google]
the right elf characters.png
786KB, 1805x665px
>>53812773
Take these 4 dudes in your army. The rest of what you bring is largely irrelevant/for flavor.
>>
>>53813756
yeah but they weren't "required" as per the RAW. This is required painting a certain way in order to get the bonuses. Not that anyone cares, no one will follow the rules on it.
>>
>>53804053
>tfw selling my tomb king army
>>
>>53815542
This

Also if youre bringing phoenixes you should bring Teclis because he can cast 3 spells per turn
>>
>>53815625
>Teclis
even though he can cast 3 I am not a fan of him. His signature spell is good but not amazing, imo. For the same 300 points he costs you can get a lot more utility out of the loremaster/alarielle combo.
>>
>>53815650
I usually run all 3 of those, and an Archmage, and then 2 phoenixes, I'm not sure why you think they are mutually exclusive options
>>
File: bonus fun times.png (470KB, 535x929px) Image search: [Google]
bonus fun times.png
470KB, 535x929px
>>53815670
they aren't mutually exclusive but when it comes to min/maxing its my preference to go with the alarielle/loremaster combo. In larger games I take an extra phoenix and also Morathi on a balewind vortex (cast 2 and +2 to cast) she is a reliable mortal wound cannon that can hit near anything on the board.
>>
Quick rules question, if you take a herald of khorne and trigger his blood must flow on a unit of bloodletters do they still get to declare their normal attacks later after doing the free pile in and attack?
>>
>>53815542
That seems pretty scary for a supposedly not very good army.
I wonder what crumples them. Probably beastclaws. Nothing survives the business end of a stonehorn
>>
>>53815985
No. it says nothing about the attack being extra so it's not
>>
File: 564825.jpg (90KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
564825.jpg
90KB, 694x530px
>>53816020
it honesty isn't that good compared to the new stuff. KO, Tzeentch, SC can all reliably take down anything the elves bring to the table. Back at launch of AOS, sure they were great, now things have changed, the power creep is noticeable.
>>
Okay, so I just got the skirmish book and was thinking of making a warband out of the Diazmonettes and other slaaneshi stuff I bought a while back (Normally play destruction) what I need to know is who would be best at the helm? My (preferred) options are a Herald or a hearld on the chariot, but I was also considering an exalted chariot or hellflayer
>>
File: Screenshot_20170615-111606.jpg (276KB, 1004x804px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170615-111606.jpg
276KB, 1004x804px
Question for you Slaanesh players (or anybody really):
Has the keeper of secrets' dark temptations ability ever been relevant in a game? The more I think about it, the more completely worthless it seems. It's a flavorful looking rule on paper, but I've never had a single player accept the deal. From the other side, I'd never accept unless my hero was probably going to die that turn anyway, but no Slaanesh player would offer the deal in situation.
Am I missing something?
>>
>>53817390
It seems like one of the "Joke" abilities that they managed to play more seriously. I expect it to be changed to be less abhorrent in the future.
>>
>>53817390
It should have something like "If the tempting offer is not accepted the hero suffers a mortal wound"
>>
>>53817489
>>53817425
>>53817390
Guess it depends on how powerfull the rest of the keeper of secret is, and if this ability is a 'bonus' then it's cool and flavorful. I can imagine that someone would accept it if they have a way to reroll 1s
>>
>>53817519
Before modifiers boyo
>>
>>53817549
reroll isn't a modifier right?
>>
>>53815542
How do you get a 2+ on the Phoenix? My book only says 5+ with 4+ Ward save/
>>
>>53817578
You can't reroll a one you haven't rolled
>>
>>53817425
Yeah some of those 'fun' rules made it through I guess. Sometimes I like them though. The soul grinder has my favorite rule in the game. You both pick a number on a d6 and hide it under your hand. You show them at the same time, and if they match, the target takes 6 mortal wounds instead of the attack. That could have just been a roll off or something else, but now it's this funny little mini game.

>>53817519
It's before modifiers. I don't think rerolls will save you. Unless I'm wrong on that, and if you can take rerolls, than I wouldn't offer the deal to anyone who can reroll.

I guess you don't need to take all the extra attacks. You might try to sneak just one or two extra, rather than risk a ton, but nobody does that anyway.
>>
>>53817691
>>53817658
I think the main questions should be: Is a Keeper of Secrets still good when you take away this ability? If yes, then cool, since the more narrative focussed people can play around with this and have fun. If not, then the Keeper of Secrets needs to be better.

I might steal this for a battleplan or time of war homebrew.
>>
File: how to 2+ armor save.png (32KB, 510x209px) Image search: [Google]
how to 2+ armor save.png
32KB, 510x209px
>>53817606
>>
File: 20140115_packmaster.jpg (89KB, 781x377px) Image search: [Google]
20140115_packmaster.jpg
89KB, 781x377px
Let me ask few stupid questions
- If I'm using a pic related version of Packmaster can I just glue any bigger rat next to him and say that he is accompanied by a Wolf Rat?
- Same situation with Warlord - my model has a War Halberd and a Barbed Blade but no Clanshield. Can I greenstuff it or I have to use a version of this model that came with a clanshield?
- Any ideas for skaven-related terrains? I thought about using sprues as palisade and make few Horned Rat icons/totems
>>
>>53818107
Yes to both questions, I'd suggest you get a shield from a Stormvermin for the warlord. Although technically you don't have to model things, but imo with AoS you need to play WYSIWYG.
>>
>>53818187
>imo with AoS you need to play WYSIWYG
Riddle me this - If I'm running a standard bearer in my unit can I attack with him like with other models? I saw an IJ player that glued a weapon to his 'ardboy drummer but on the other hand I also met players that didn't give a fuck about this and treat bearers, musicians etc. as normal models with attacks
>>
File: WarscrollBuilderList.pdf (5KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
WarscrollBuilderList.pdf
5KB, 1x1px
Thoughts on my list for an upcoming 2k tourny? I'm a little skeptical about the archmage but I wanna be able to mystic shield the phoenix guard for a 3+/4+ save.
>>
>>53818439
Why mix fyreslayers and highborne?
>>
>>53818608
Because I usually play 1k lists and don't really have the time to buy/build/paint another thousand points of one faction.
>>
>>53818673
If you are only playing what you own then what kind of feedback are you expecting?
>>
>>53817390
Right now it's kind of an over all shit character to even use
>>
>>53818439
two major problems:
1) its painfully slow moving
2) no shooting worth mentioning
>>
>>53816149
And thankfully the aelves won't get anything ever. MUAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHSABdofbrfbobdnwdijngr...

I need help.
>>
File: June14RumourEngine[1].jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
June14RumourEngine[1].jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>53779753
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/14/rumour-engine-june-14th-2017/

Could this be a hint for the new elves model in AOS?
>>
>>53820187
Huh, that's probably a Nurgle model - just look at this broken stormcast eternal helmet
>>
>>53820207
Nah, it's clearly a new freeguild helmet.
>>
File: dispossessed reboxed.jpg (55KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
dispossessed reboxed.jpg
55KB, 800x450px
Looks like they started reboxing Dispossessed and Ironweld Arsenal

Add this to the Deathrattle and Wanderer reboxings earlier
>>
>>53820660
They're gonna run out of the old boxes eventually
>>
File: ironweld arsenal reboxed.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ironweld arsenal reboxed.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>53820685
I was hoping they would realize that these mini factions are terrible and un-shatter the compendium armies back into larger factions
>>
>>53820660
>Looks like they started reboxing Dispossessed and Ironweld Arsenal
I thought they were reboxed at the very beginning
>>
File: RumourEngineMar22-320x320.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
RumourEngineMar22-320x320.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
>>53820187
>Could this be a hint for the new elves model in AOS?

probably not but im still holding out hope that this one is
>>
>>53821161
I don't want to be this guy but it's probably a Blood Bowl model. If GW will not update any compendium army like Aelves, Rats or Duardin until end of this year I'm dropping the game.
>>
File: this but shadow or light.png (411KB, 601x578px) Image search: [Google]
this but shadow or light.png
411KB, 601x578px
>>53821272
you're probably right. I don't believe they will ever update the old compendium armies. I was optimistic that with Lizardmen getting a fresh reboot from the get go that the rest wouldn't be far behind but as these last years have rolled by it looks less and less likely.

When they do elves it'll be completely separate and independent from the compendium forces. Different aesthetic and possibly not even really "elves" more like elves through the prism of the realms of light and shadow (where they supposedly are going to be from). like pic related.
>>
What do you think about alternate/non lore-based color schemes? Did you ever met someone actually triggered about yellow khorne daemons etc?
>>
>>53823039
no one has complained about my icy blue Avatar of Khaine
>>
File: IMG_4659.jpg (94KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4659.jpg
94KB, 780x585px
>>53821495
What about rats? They gave them features (more than trust pestilens) in all the main books. Plus they showed us SPIDER TANKS in one.
>>
So... i made the mistake of picking up one of the terrain boxes(the crucible one) and i regret the decision, been trying to build the bugger and its doing my head in. the cast is not goo and if i dont hold each piece together for 5-10 mins then they just dont stick.

1) is the rest of the terrain kits the same?
2) any other poor sods picked up aos terrain?(especially the forts) and had poor experiences?
>>
Did skeletons get reboxed into 20s yet?
>>
>>53825378
Tens only sadly.
>>
>>53825527
Thanks GW :/
>>
>>53823803
Yeah they are all known to be shitty. Even GW say you need to use rubber bands to hold them together while they dry in guides. I have just bought the dias it's OK
>>
>>53818097
Still only a 3+ with mystic sheild
>>
>>53818366
Yes, cuz you're standard bearer is still considered a normal soldier. I understand what you mean, since he isn't modelled with a weapon but in this case I would go with that it's more important to model the thing that makes him special, than the thing that makes him normal.

>imo with AoS you need to play WYSIWYG for unit and character OPTIONS.
This is probably a better way of putting it.
>>
>>53823803
The Garden of Morr/Sigmarite Mausoleum is pure awesome. Fits like a charm and makes for great scenery

The Ophedean Arch is pure garbage, it's still unassembled in a closet since literally nothing fit. Probably brining it to my GW soon and let them do it...
>>
Today night they will release plague garden, won't they?
>>
>want to play tomb kings
>check kijiji
>huge army for sale
>has settra, 6 necro knights, 3 sphinxes, 9 chariots, every hero
>$1500 canuckbucks

Is it worth it lads
>>
>>53833423
Is it all in the box/on the sprue or partially assembled/painted?
>>
>>53833488
Looks like its all built and painted

Heres the ad link

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1273691912&edited=true&posted=true&adActivated=true
>>
>>53830499
Garden of Morr is a great terrain kit, shame they got rid of most of the older stuff aswell. Dreadstone blight, temple of skulls and fortified manor would be great pickups for AOS
>>
>>53833494
Doesn't look like a bad paint job, but ask for some extra pictures and go for it I'd say
>>
>>53827215
>Still only a 3+ with mystic sheild
by taking this team >>53815542 and assuming you're smart enough to keep the phoenix within 12 inches when you cast that is +3 to its armor save just by being in the area. So the 5+ becomes an effective 2+ without even needing to be the direct target of the mystic shield. if you also bring along this girl >>53815734 then your phoenix can have a -1+ armor save. natural ones always fail but at least you get to maintain that sweet 2+ in the face of some rend. The ability >>53818097 stacks.
>>
>>53815542
whats also fun about this is that you cast mystic shield on the dragon and it ends up having a re-rollable 3+ armor save. Not only does it hit like a truck, put out targeted mortal wounds every turn, and have unrivaled mobility, it also is very hard to kill. Especially regaining D6 wounds a turn and having an additional 6+ ward save.
>>
>>53827215
>cast 5 spells
>1 of them is mystic shield
>roll 5 dice, each 2+ is another +1 save

It's not uncommon for Phoenixes to have a 0+ save
>>
>>53834098
>not reading the rules
You can only do this if you have 5+ UNIQUE spells and they all land. Plus you can't have a 0+ save. It caps at 2+.
>>
>>53835943
this set up >>53815542 plus this chick >>53815734 will give you five unique spells.

>It caps at 2+.
nope. natural 1s always fail but the save can be as low as you can make it, including negative numbers.
>>
>>53836008
>five unique spells
I count six actually. Summoning on the Vortex is a spell too.
>>
>>53835943
Yes, and?

Its easy to get 5 spells. Teclis is 3, Loremaster and Archmage are 2 more.

You can have a 0+ save. A roll of 1 will always fail but there is no cap to how many bonuses you can have.
>>
>>53779753
Is this book still relevant? I've been looking at putting a small contingent of Chaos Warriors/Slaves to Darkness.

I am curious to know if the new books have made this book obsolete or not?
>>
Does the GW approved warscroll builder not work?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (244KB, 1193x878px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
244KB, 1193x878px
>>53820660
been too busy with 40k lately and didn't notice this until today
>>
>>53837048
fyreslayers and KO are the only officially endorsed types of dwarves. everything else is no longer supported.
>>
Is there a list builder for skirmish?
>>
>>53837220
Dispossessed just got reboxed you moron

It was posted IN THIS VERY THREAD

Its linked IN THE POST YOU QUOTED
>>
>>53837001
you can get all the scrolls for free on their website
>>
How's this for a skirmish list:

>warlock engineer
>3 stormfiends w/warpfire
>10 clanrats

Just spray shit down with mortal wounds.
>>
>>53837378
Oh I know but I like having things on hand. So I am assuming in that case it is not irrelevant?
>>
>>53837398
Asshole/10
>>
>>53837414
Depends what faction you intend on playing

That book should be fine for everything but Tzeentch since Chaos hasn't gotten many revamped factions yet
>>
>>53837579
Slaves to Darkness. I love the vintage Chaos Warriors and was thinking of getting a small army of them organized.
>>
>>53837587
You can get all the rules for free online or in the phone app, but if you like having a hard copy (I prefer paper over digital too) then that book will have all the rules you need to play Slaves.

Which chaos god do you want to play with? If you want to play Tzeentch or Khorne you should consider getting their battletomes too
>>
>>53837317
yeah but freaking out about "no longer available" is kind of like a tradition on this site isn't it?
>>
>>53837653
Nobody is freaking out
>>
So bought The AoS Starter box to help introduce my younger brother to tabletop gaming. I already paint on painting both armies but before i do i want to expand both armies at least with a unit each. What would you guys recommend i pick up for both armies to round them out a bit more and add some variety?
>>
>>53837706
*plan
>>
File: 1406684231546.png (147KB, 304x301px) Image search: [Google]
1406684231546.png
147KB, 304x301px
>>53837635
I have always had a soft spot for vanilla or Undivided. I know that Undivided has not officially been acknowledged in years in either rules or lore but I am quite happy just painting up my black armoured Chaos Warriors and going chop chop on some gits. Plus the lore behind just a general worship of the 4 gods than dedicated one appeals far more to me.
>>
>>53837706
Keep in mind i don't much care about mixing armies as long as they are in the same grand alliance though
>>
>>53837706
Well you cant go wrong with the Start Collecting box for the Stormcast. It has 2 more retributors to bring the starter set squad to 5 models, and then it has proper sprues for Liberators and Prosecutors so you can kit out the starter set guys with special weapons.

The special weapons are REALLY important - stormcast suck without them!

As for the Khorne side you can get some more mortals with the Start Collecting, or the Gorechosen board game for a bunch of heroes, or you can branch out into Khorne daemons.

If you want to keep building up those two factions you should consider getting their battletomes
>>
>>53837781
I'm just trying to ease my brother into it and head shared my concern in that we felt that the armies felt just a tad too small. That and i'd like some more minis to paint
>>
>>53837378
>you can get all the scrolls for free on their website
Really? Please, show me where can I download battalion scrolls for free
>>
>>53838723
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
>>
>>53839109
you know that non of these links carry GA battalions, right? The third one is not even for AoS
>>
Hey so I am working on a Skirmish list for a league in my area. We are starting at 30 points. How is this for a starting list?

LEADER: Gitmob Shaman 16 points

UNITS:
Fellwater Troggoth 12 points
Moonclan grot netta 1 point
Gitmob Grot 1 point

The idea is the netta and troggoth tag team tricky targets to reduce their hit rolls while the shaman either mystic shields the troggoth or arcane bolts trouble targets
>>
>>53841487
I would try it. Wanna post a pic of your band?
>>
>>53841555
Not yet painted. I have incredibly unsteady hands.
>>
Rules for khul and blandus are up.
>>
>>53837398
Should I use this, or swap the engi for a warlord?
>>
>>53842967
Never mind, I just noticed it's 20 points for 1 rather than 3. List is dead.
>>
Why doesn't gw update skaven? They're one of their few original creations, and from what I can gather, most people like them
>>
>>53780056
that moment when you realize that no one is playing your old version of the game and have moved on
>>
File: IMG_4836.jpg (280KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4836.jpg
280KB, 1500x1500px
>>53843938
Like by updating, I just mean give them plastic models. They've done it with the warlock and the pack master, but then made it so I have to pay $100 cad for them and a whole bunch of shit I do t need. Do they not realize that by packaging them individually as well, they'd make cash? Same for the weapon teams. Just make a box containing one of each in plastic. Like holy fuck.
>>
File: IMG_5796.jpg (49KB, 179x217px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5796.jpg
49KB, 179x217px
>>53843971
Different anon, but even I think it's dying and will die unless gw actually try's. My local shop has shut down its AOS league and stopped stocking it. And these threads aren't much better. This one has existed for 3 or 4 days now. We used to go through 2 or 3 in one day.
>>
File: 1447819653510.jpg (151KB, 482x482px) Image search: [Google]
1447819653510.jpg
151KB, 482x482px
>>53800730
>It's getting overshadowed by the plot finally progressing
how can the plot progress in such a stagnant setting. its total bullshit. The one thing I dont understand defending is the plot. So OK maybe you think the game is more simple and streamlined thats personal preference. but the plot and how the setting is divided is really unimaginative, and resistant to a lot of developement. I think its really regressed to a marvel level of story telling
>>
>>53844292
>"40k is about humanity's struggles against chaos"
Xenos get BTFO
>>
>>53844639
AOS' story is just as good as 40k
fucking autism
>>
>>53844767
Never said it wasn't. But I'm just quoting GW.
>>
>>53843971
>no one is playing your old version of the game
what version are they playing now?
>>
File: IMG_4266.png (305KB, 672x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4266.png
305KB, 672x1334px
>tfw this thread has been up for four days now and isn't even close to finishing
>>
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Age-of-sigmar-thunder-and-blood-eng-2017

Wait, so the "gaming mat" are not folded paper?

God damn I swear the moment I buy this GW will release something new that I want to buy more.

On 2nd thought, I think I'll wait for Shadespire, or Aelves, or that big fat Primaris Dread
>>
File: 1468662758359.jpg (213KB, 548x868px) Image search: [Google]
1468662758359.jpg
213KB, 548x868px
>>53815542
Why can't I find anyone selling Alarielle
>>
I've never touched AoS before, but because I've got a Chaos Daemon army now I figure I may as well poke my head in if there's ever the chance I can use them for it.

So, uh. How do daemons fare currently?
>>
>>53848646
They do alright, Khorne and Tzeentch have battletomes for battalions and weapons and have some solid rules. Not sure how they do when all mixed together though
>>
>>53849419
Do opposing daemons still occasionally beat the piss out of each other? And I guess I'd run with Khorne, then, if I had to. Tzeentch is a git. Screamers and flamers are kinda' cute, though.

I know he/she/it/xer doesn't have a book, but does Slaanesh hold up alright?
>>
File: 20160706_175525.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160706_175525.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Any one used a list maximizing flayers or horrors and vargheists aka Max revive? Is it any good?
>>
>>53848646
tzeentch mortal-wound spam is brutal
nurgle are tanky and good from what i heard. they have nice combos
khorne demons hit hard, but lack in support hero that synergize their force. The formations are kinda shit too
>>
File: Chaos_Lord.jpg (259KB, 750x1045px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos_Lord.jpg
259KB, 750x1045px
sup /AoS/

I'm having trouble putting my khornate army together. We mostly play 800-1000pts armies in the local community, and i run a mix of bloodbound and slaves to darkness.
The problem i encounter is i keep getting tabled. the first turn that i get shot at are okay, but when i finally arrive in CC my units lack punch
i've been thinking about lot of different list, and i always run into the same problems :
>the heavy hitter are too slow/fragile, would get killed to shooting
>not enough rend, not enough mortal wounds

can you give me some tips about how to make a good army of blades of khorne ? I'm tired of getting shat on by sylvaneth and co
>>
>>53849600
i've read here that the flesh-eater flying circus (flayers plus dragon/vargheist) is really strong
>>
So, has anyone uploaded plague garden to the resources?
>>
>>53849752
Yeah, Deadwatch while an expensive battalion is pretty nasty as it effectively gives all your Flayers VDM. Add having a Necromancer actually cast VDM and you can have one unit pile-in and attack three times in your turn.
>>
>>53849819
I'd be interested in knowing too.
>>
File: 60010299010_ThunderBloodENG01.jpg (57KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
60010299010_ThunderBloodENG01.jpg
57KB, 600x620px
My brother and I are about to jump into the game for the very first time with the Blood and Thunder starter box.
Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what we need on top of the boxes contents? Do we need the Skirmish book? The Generals Handbook? Are they codex-esque things we need?
>>
>>53850833
If you just wanna fuck around and play, you don't need anything else. The battletomes expand on fluff and add some extra rules, but if you just wanna get a feel for the game, they're unnecessary.
>>
File: 2016-07-21_2158_001.jpg (113KB, 1024x660px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-21_2158_001.jpg
113KB, 1024x660px
>>53850870
Alright, cool. I've saw these things around the internet when people are talking about the game. What book are they in, because they seem useful.
>>
Regarding modern Chaos fluff, do they still fight among each other like in Warhammer Fantasy?

For example, do Warriors fight against other warriors, daemons and beastmen and so on or is Chaos now all a single united front?
>>
>>53850893
The blood and thunder box will have warscrolls for every model in the box

You dont need anything but the box to play the game

If you want to expand the army then take a look at the Start Collecting boxes for Stormcast and Khorne Bloodbound
>>
>>53850893
They are included in the box.

Most units rule are also free, in the online store page.

Everything else (skirmish, GHB...)can be found in the OP
>>
>>53850931
Sorry for all the questions. If we wanted to expand the forces respectively are the Warscrolls included in the boxes of units we buy?

>>53850958
Skirmish is basically Kill Team right?
>>
>>53850915
Chaos is far more divided than even back in fantasy. A great chunk of the big events of the lore is chaos fighting itself. (Tzeentch selling out slaanesh, GHR's schemes, Khorne betraying and almost killing the others).
>>
File: free rules.png (700KB, 1051x901px) Image search: [Google]
free rules.png
700KB, 1051x901px
>>53850970
>Sorry for all the questions. If we wanted to expand the forces respectively are the Warscrolls included in the boxes of units we buy?
Yes

Theyre also available for free online. Check the GW store page for the unit and scroll down.
>>
>>53850990
Nice! I currently have Grand Alliance : Chaos book which has one or two pages per sub faction of lore.

Outside of buying novels, is there any books with a good amount of chaos fluff?
>>
>>53851000
I did not know that.
You're doing gods work my dude
>>
Rules for Vandus

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/Vandus_Hammerhand_CB_Web%20-%20cropped.pdf

>rend-1 3 damage weapon
>passive 24" battleshock immunity
>new command ability that gives +1 attack to all stormcast melee attacks within 6" of him (!!!!)

No shield though
>>
>>53851113
>take lord celestant with consummate commander
>use it on vandus
>now giving everything +1 hit and +1 attack
>retributors with 3 attacks each

hohohohoho
>>
>>53850893
The stromcast have the Stormcast eternal battletome, the khorne dudes are, I think, in the Blades of Khorne. General's compendium had more missions in it, and extra stuff like how to play point-cost games as opposed to bring what you want/historical missions.
>>
>>53851113
Thing is he only gives out the battleshock immunity if you take him as part of the Hammers of Sigmar Warrior Chamber, which is pretty shit really.
>>53851133
That's probably the best way to use him in an all out offensive SCE list. Works well with Hammerstrike as they just have to be within 6"/9" in the combat phase.
>>
File: IMG_5827.jpg (317KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5827.jpg
317KB, 1000x1000px
So what's this about? Is it just giving the finger to AOS?
>>
>>53852528
Reintroducing the idea that it's a shared universe or that the chaos gods are a universal constant, I'd guess.
>>
File: IMG_5830.jpg (113KB, 577x852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5830.jpg
113KB, 577x852px
>>53852670
Oh, I'd just assumed that for the longest time. What about the horned rat and the sleeping slaanesh? Slaanesh seems to be active in 40k, and I'd want nothing more than to see space faring skaven
>>
File: vandus.png (1MB, 1968x1748px) Image search: [Google]
vandus.png
1MB, 1968x1748px
>>53851113
>Damage 3 instead of d3
>4 dracoth attacks
>Command Ability as a permanent aura
>beastly Command Ability
Pretty good, especially the new command ability is incredibly nasty. Have him run with Dracothian Guard to make the most of that.
On the other hand, the inability to take upgrades in form of relics, command traits and mount abilities hurt him, as does the lack of a sigmarite shield.
He seems actually fairly balanced for what it's worth.
>>
>>53852804
It was almost-canon for a while, way back, but it got dropped because the guys at GW figured it would take away from the conflict in WHFB that it's just about one tiny little world in the vast galaxy of 40k. Sigmar was intended to be one of the Primarchs in that context.
No idea how skaven would fit into this, but there are many minor chaos gods. Also, space-skaven are a thing with the Hrud, sorta.
>>
File: IMG_5831.jpg (89KB, 300x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5831.jpg
89KB, 300x440px
>>53852859
Be a shame if someone threw 6 mortal wounds on him from across the board
>>
>>53852914
But just imagine REAL SPACE SLAVEN
>>
File: khul.png (1013KB, 1958x1234px) Image search: [Google]
khul.png
1013KB, 1958x1234px
>>53851113
>Rules for Khul
Not much, to be honest. A 8" pile-in is worthless without a selective qualifier that allows him to move over models or engage heroes, since he still needs to be within 3" to pile in and needs to pile towards the closest model. Rerolling to hit is okay, though being unable to take relics and command traits is a big price to pay for that.
>>
File: IMG_5832.jpg (867KB, 1519x1511px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5832.jpg
867KB, 1519x1511px
>>53852994
Wouldn't it be a shame...
>>
>>53852994
Being able to attack twice (or thrice if he is part of the goretide) in a turn is nice. Though he still has to he survive a turn or get a double turn.
>>
>>53853875
Shit, I completely missed that he also gets to fight twice. That's a lot better than I thought, obviously. I mean, a 8" pile-in is still stupid, but at least the rest of the ability is useful.
>>
>>53852994
Huh, couldn't he pile in from 8'' away?
>>
File: combat.png (244KB, 564x1146px) Image search: [Google]
combat.png
244KB, 564x1146px
>>53856166
A unit is not engaged if not at least one model is within 3" of an enemy model, thus they can't pile in. And since you must pile-in towards the nearest enemy model the 8" pile-in move is wasted.
Some heroes have similar abilities, but are also allowed to ignore some pile -in rules, such as the Knight-Questor, who *must* end his 6" pile-in near a Hero regardless of anything between them.
>>
>>53847446
think everyone is talking bout 40k
>>
>>53852528
i thought i was like all the gods where having a big meeting or something like that
>>
>>53852943
>>53853762
fuck you man. gay ass sweaty shirtless men riding yo gay ass fucking beasts, get the fuck out here before i beat yo ass with my big longstrike dick.
>>
>>53820187
It's new Tomb Kings!
>>
>>53852528

>Giving the finger to AOS.

Anon. I think you and I have read very different texts.
>>
>>53858534
yeah if anything it kinda gives us an idea what the jobs of the stormcasts and freeguilds are, Freeguild stay and defend the citys and all that. While the stormcasts go out and destroy shit.
>>
>>53820187
>mfw people think this is aelves
Can't you see the tubes on the side of the helmet? This is clearly Kharadron Overlords
>>
>>53858613
>Kharadron Overlords
really? are you so ignorant that you just have to put your steampunk manlets into every thread. Just because you haven't had a new release since April doesn't mean you have to keep reminding us of your shitty tin midgets. God damn you fucker get on my wit. Anyway clearly from the rubble it's the new skaven release. God why do we have to point out the simplest things to you 5'1 fuckers. Well maybe you can't see it from down there. Do you need a step ladder?
>>
File: stormcastLordVeritant01.jpg (58KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
stormcastLordVeritant01.jpg
58KB, 600x620px
So do the Freeguild have a purpose in AoS or they just left over back elements from WHFB?

Because it seems that any the Freeguild can do, the Stormcast does it better, including being Witch Hunters and City Wardens.
>>
>>53858738
Get bent you assmonkey rat fucker. That helm is way too sleek to be anything chaos related, least of all your shit tier reddit rats.
>>
>>53859968
Freeguild are to stormcast what the IG are to space marines. Stormcast can't be everywhere so most Order cities still have mortal defense forces of some sort. Freeguild act as militia and a police force in the mortal towns and cities.
>>
>>53859968

The freeguild are just people, while stormcasts are eternal champions of sigmar, of course they're going to be better at everything.

So yes, freeguilds are pretty much just left overs from WHFB, unless they get new models out of nowhere, which I couldn't be opposed to
>>
>>53820660

>tfw you have to rebase an entire dwarf battalion boxes worth of stuff +2 addition boxes of warriors

Thye look better on rounds at least
>>
File: IMG_5860.jpg (178KB, 770x959px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5860.jpg
178KB, 770x959px
Guess what guess what guess what?
>>
File: 200% Radical.png (487KB, 525x641px) Image search: [Google]
200% Radical.png
487KB, 525x641px
>>53861625
>pestigors
>>
File: bonesplitterz-art-8.jpg (177KB, 1280x756px) Image search: [Google]
bonesplitterz-art-8.jpg
177KB, 1280x756px
started collecting bonesplitterz but I haven't gotten the battle tome yet.
what wombo combo makes them good?
>>
>>53866245

Wardokks, morboyz and their batallion.

Broken as fuck.
>>
>>53860157

My ass, the knights excelsior where useless (well, almost useless) during City of Secrets, only doing a bit of help in the end. The glory and merits were 99% done by the Guilds.
>>
>>53860109
boi what you say? just you wait for the meta defining skaven release and we will see who is the assmonkey.
>>
>>53861625
new pestigors are gonna be like the tzeench release right?
>>
>>53867656
Probably, which suggests A NURGLE BATTLETOME (and hopefully pestilens being good so I have something to do with my army)
>>
What army should I start doing and why? My birthday is coming up and I need a few ideas running.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>53869041

>>53869041

>>53869041
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.