[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are your characters born to a great Adventuring lineage? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Adventurer Family.jpg (749KB, 1600x1195px) Image search: [Google]
Adventurer Family.jpg
749KB, 1600x1195px
Are your characters born to a great Adventuring lineage?

Why did they take up the lonesome road?
>>
File: Adventurers are made not born.png (843KB, 552x819px) Image search: [Google]
Adventurers are made not born.png
843KB, 552x819px
>>53779265
Did they start as heroes?
>>
File: 1486441918-007_007.jpg (671KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486441918-007_007.jpg
671KB, 800x800px
>>53779276
Do they still have a family?
>>
File: Aroused Steppe Waifu.png (88KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
Aroused Steppe Waifu.png
88KB, 250x300px
>>53779294
They ever meet anyone?
>>
>>53779265
In Shadowrun, my character was a 3rd gen runner.
>Grandparents started running at the turn of the century up and down the east coast during the balkinization of the US
>Parents got their start in New York and Jersey before moving to Seattle
>Character got his shit started when his parents left for Seattle and stayed behind to start his runner career in New York.
He was also an elf. The GM had a running joke where we'd keep running into his parents and grandparent's team who were still alive and operating.
>>
In our last campaign I played an exceedingly 'normal' middle-aged farmer/ex-guardsman who took up adventuring after nearly dying from a runaway vegetables cart.
In our current campaign set approximately 300 years later, I'm playing one of the farmer's descendants who is now part of a wealthy family of renowned adventurers.
Problem is, all my current character wants to do is to settle down somewhere and raise a farm and a family.
>>
I think I've played the child of a previous PC precisely one time. All other times all my characters have existed in a void, with no lineage to speak of.
>>
File: megacorp_press_conference.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
megacorp_press_conference.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>53779307
My paladin has a love back in the elf lands, which we're eventually going to return to. She's a noble, so my paladin is working to become worthy to be her suitor.
If he can manage it, I'll probably retire him to a life of training other paladins and having tons of babies.
I'm pretty hype.
>>
>>53779265
I was in a campaign once that ran for a thousand years in game. After we'd defeat the bbeg/wrap up loose ends and everyone retired, we'd skip to the next generation, the GM would describe what's happened since then and we'd move on. My character was a human ship builder that decided to go adventuring, retired rich and founded small business. That business became a merchant empire and eventually a royal dynasty of half dragons.

As the last part of the campaign, my original character ended up getting resurrected because no one could decide on a suitable heir and someone decided to just bring back the founder of this family to lead things.
He was terribly confused as to why his descendants would even want to run a country and which one of them fucked a dragon and why. He ended up fucking his great-great-great granddaughter, named her regent and her son heir to the throne and ran off with the royal airship (airships didn't exist in his time) to escape all these assholes.
>>
No, thinking back, almost none of my characters have been nobles or of adventuring lineage or anything like that.

My characters are always peasant farmers who see something happening and feel the need to go help or stuff like that. My favorite character recently was a slave who was born into it and started at level 1 the day she ran away.
>>
To save his village by fulfilling a prophecy and bringing a talking camel to the village from another continent.
Now he is leading his people to prosperous new lands.
>>
>>53779265
>Bodyguard to the queen of Ethiopia
>White
>All these strong womyn characters with precisely one traditional gender role despite going back to 16th century

This family tree could only be more SJW if some of these people were trans.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.