[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a homebrew race, need fluff help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: RHG-ClanSoldier.png (42KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
RHG-ClanSoldier.png
42KB, 700x500px
Hello, I am making a homebrew race for some heavily-homebrewed minor system with my friends. The setting is heavy on sci-fi, magic and likely divine so there's room for a lot of things even though there's a distinct 40k/D&D flavor permeating the surface layer.

Anyway, I need help for some of the fluff of a race of stick figures. Yes, that's right, those noddlemen you see in ye olde flash animations from way back when. I've gotten the base concept down, they're basically humanity's attempt at joining the "has made a sentient race" bandwagon. They have very compressed, simplified physiologies and possess a lot of physical diversity (in contrast to the human's having cultural diversity). Appearances could range from basic cannon fodder black stickmen to DeviantArt pseudo-humans with colored hair and facial expressions. Roles range from target practice and cannon fodder to cheap artificial celebrities and mascots.

I wonder what else I can add to the basic notes so far, and I cannot come up with a name for them. I can't just call them Stick Figures, after all.
>>
>>53778875
Figure out how they interact with other races and presumably the vast reaches of space. Maybe their perception of Humans...assuming it isnt preprogrammed.

As for name, dunno...Cierans? Cier is the setting of RHG's spiritual successor. Maybe you might be interested in that?
>>
>>53779505
I'll think about this. On the topic of perception and mental faculties, should I give them uniform aptitude or a "depends on the creation" thing?

Cierans sound interesting, I'll wait for further suggestions.
>>
>>53778875
Firstly, you should calculate their anal circumferance modifiers based on their racial traits. Then we scoot on over to the ever important Pube Tint spectrum for the race
>>
>>53779783
They were meant to be a versatile servant race, right? Having their intelligence be variable depending on tech level. Some can take painstaking efforts to adjust behavior while others have their attitudes dictated by the cloning vat.
>>
>>53779829
I wouldn't know enough math for that.

>Pube Tint spectrum
Probably the same as head hair, essentially "anything visible,even gradients."

>>53780505
That sounds feasible, thank you.
>>
This thread was too stupidly genuine to be a shitpost.
>>
>>53778875
Blood having alchemical properties?
Made a sentient race but "failed" certain criteria other than sentience?
Jokes about "stickjobs" leave people wondering just how stickmen produce?
Fighting styles?
>>
>>53778875
>Blood having alchemical properties?
There arent a lot out there that gives their blood some utility like this. Go for this.
>>
I was asleep, excuse me.

>>53778875
>>53786572
>Blood
Will consider, though I wonder what kind of property would be useful?

>Reproduction
Natural reproduction was something I considered, maybe as a rarity though it'd look very weird due to their appearance.

>Fighting styles?
I would imagine it would be extremes of either cannon fodder or fuckin sweet.
>>
At last I am free, let this thread die.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.