[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How have you incorporated religion into your personal tabletop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Sept.jpg (121KB, 674x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Sept.jpg
121KB, 674x1100px
How have you incorporated religion into your personal tabletop experiences?
>>
My game is set in a once peaceful kingdom that mercifully welcomed the survivors of a ravished country. Their faith was strange and backwards, but the king insisted that they could integrate into society. Now, the players are battling against a rapidly spreading cult that promotes violent conquest.

Obviously, Islam is the inspiration here, although I downplayed some of its worst parts, such as pedophilia. I'm not running some magical realm after all.
>>
>>53778673
I had to come up with a reason to not give my players firearms, decided that religion got big real quick and plunged the world into an early Dark Age, thus technology had barely progressed in the past few hundred years.
>>
>>53778673
Yes. I had an early colonial witch hunter game.
>>
>>53778780
So were they just killing uppity women who provided alternatives to the patriarchal social structure?

Or were there actual witches?
>>
Gods are a groupthink of concepts. The more powerful/common a concept, the more powerful its god is. This leads to the gods of Life and Death being the most powerful, due to being the most universal. Then there is the concept of worship, both incidental and purposeful. Incidental worship lead to powerful gods such as the god of Civilisation and Nature through people and animals perpetrating those concepts in their day-to-day life.

The purpose of purposeful worship, which is the strongest way to increase a gods domain, is mostly just to give characters a motivation for their actions. While the gods of elements such as Fire don't see much incidental use compared to Life or Nature, people drawn to the concept can actively worship it and perform acts strengthening its domain in exchange for blessings from that god. For characters IG this mostly translates to
>if you purposely use fire a lot, worship the God of Fire and do meaningful things in its name, maybe he'll leave a fire-based magic item or artifact in your path hmmm

Well, I like it
>>
>>53778812

Actual witches. One thing I always spring on players is a good, old-fashioned witch burning. When the PCs heroically save the fair maiden, it turns out she really IS a Witch. The peasants are right, and are in fact on the side of good.

As I like to point out, there's no such thing as superstition when actual magic exists.
>>
>>53778673
Since I generally play modern games like Delta Green and M&M, I mostly keep religion out of it.
>>
>>53778930
Thanks for responding for me, but yes it was a fantasy setting.
>>
>>53779254
Why? Islam is already an insidious moon worshiping cult, it would be perfect for Delta Green.
>>
>>53779254
But religion is a very important theme in modern times.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.