[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warboss Vradukk "Orkisseur"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

I need some ideas on Rogue Trader entourage member. An ork.

But he is no ordinary ork. He is the Connoisseur of War. Here is the gist of it:

-High class of speaking, with typical ork quirks
-Got bored with classic WAAAGH of these days, and acquired high standards of fighting "No less than a zogging lot, if I am to indulge meself in da fight"
-Looks back at WAAAGH the Beast as "Good, times to be had" and Armageddon is a "Nice try, but lacks da spirit, and greater plan in my opinion"
-When he does fight, he mocks in true english fassion everyone present "Learn da proppa choppa technique, before you stand against me! Has da name of Warboss Le Fontierre "da Fencer", ring any bell ya git?! Who taught you power claw fightin', some grotz, or did your dignity didn't reach dat high a level, to ask dem yet?"
-Reads and writes orky poesy "SHUD I COMPARE THEE TO A DAKKA? THOU IZ MORE LOUDLY AND MORE SLUGGA"
-Wears pikelhaub and cyber monocle, that is also dakka gauge, though it has only two settings "NOT ENUFF" and "ENUFF" with "NEVER" scraped next to it.
-The best citation for him so far is this one "Dear governor-general, I am impressed by yer strategic cunnin' and eristic acumen, however I would like to point out, dat by claiming yer army haz "enuff dakka", as ye said so yerself, ye proved to be a rudimentary grot dat hazn't seen a WAAAGH in hiz life"

So... any ideas for background, or something?
>>
I like this character.

Why not essplain why he got the way he did?

If he's old enough to remember the Beast (assuming that comment wasn't just based on his knowledge of history) maybe he could be one of the "Ork Diplomats" of that era. The other option is to just give him a brainboy finking cap, perhaps disguised as a top hat
>>
File: sapeur1.jpg (137KB, 663x440px) Image search: [Google]
sapeur1.jpg
137KB, 663x440px
Get some inspiration from the sapeurs, who keep it to maximum levels of classy while living in shithole war zones.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/fashion-and-style/10564648/Meet-the-dandies-of-Brazzaville.html
>>
>>53778888
One of the sugestions was that he got hit/shot/blasted by psionics in the head and a dok implanted looted cogitator in his head. That makes him comprehend strategy and human language. Also, I don't know how to handle his "heritage", can an ork be 8k+ years old?

>>53779084
Damn, those are some dapper guys, This ork could wear a tuxedo or something.
>>
>>53778044
Nice to see a fellow MĹ‚otawka dweller here
>>
>>53779243
Orks can live forever. They just get stronger and bigger as they age.

In his case, he could have gotten smarter
>>
>>53780263
Definitely smarter, though how such an auspicious ork would end up in Rogue Trader's retinue? Lack of anything else to do? Pirate life boring? Maybe teach dem humiez some propa fightan' so orks will up their ante?
>>
>>53780483
The simplest solution would be that said Rogue Trader is a prominent commander. If you're preparing this as a part of an RPG campaign, the whole thing might be a build-up to some major conflict and Ork wants to make sure he can witness and take part in it. He might had also become tired of pettiness and tendency to small, petty fights displayed by his fellow boyz instead of ability to properly initiate and enjoy a good fight, and therefore decided to make himself a short break among humi fighters. It's also an opportunity to better learn their fighting technics - even an expert learns all his life

Do you know anything about other characters from the crew, especially the Rogue Trader him/herself and what will their quest be?
>>
>>53781163
I don't prepare campaign. It's just a funny character concept I wanted to flesh out. I will use him as NPC in some campaign for sure though!
>>
>>53778044
Obviously this is some new variety of "OddBoy" from Clan BloodAxe.
Whilst some orks develope a reputation as "Finkaz" for their grasp of tactics, others latch onto some individual aspect of warfare such as stealth, becoming "Kommandoz".
From the description, this ork is a "Swazzbukkla", or variant of Flashgit ,that is following the Finka route rather than simply becoming a Freeboota .
Why BloodAxe? They're the only clan where he'd have the chance to develop this way without getting a beating for not being " proppa Orky".
>>
So Gremlins 2.
>>
>>53780483
>end up in Rogue Trader's retinue
Well orks (esp. Blood Axes) have been known to imitate Imperial culture (camouflage, uniforms and whatnot), and they have been known to be mercenaries, so if he's a particularly freewheeling Rogue Trader that's hardly impossible
>>
>>53778888

Nice quads

>The other option is to just give him a brainboy finking cap, perhaps disguised as a top hat

I like this, I like it a lot.
>>
Da finkin cap could be from tin foil, with rods, studs, wires, bolts and all that in top hat form, of course!

>>53783079
So... this one ork, instead of becoming purplish, has gotten a liking to strategy, helped by the fact that someone bolted finkin cap to his head and da boyz didn't turn him into paste, because he was in weird clan already. It starts to make kind of sense.

Also, a funny thought. What if that cogitator was filled with Schola Progenium teachings and propaganda? It would explain his class and acceptance of Imperium
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.