[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Describe "That Guy" in your party.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 40

File: cliche.gif (981KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
cliche.gif
981KB, 500x270px
Describe "That Guy" in your party.
>>
>>53777913
So far, the only "That Guy" situation I've had to deal with in my current group was when one of the players tried to argue with me because she didn't think wormholes were hard sci-fi. Otherwise, she's be a good player.
>>
He plays the most outlandish and idiotic characters anx constantly almost gets the group killed. He is only alive because the DM doesn't want to deal with the fallout of him dying. His excuse is that he is in character.
>>
>He thinks RPing his background is Metagaming
>He thinks Metagaming is System Mastery
>He plays the same Religion-Obsessed Milquetoast self-analogue in every game
>He's always an arcane caster that does awful things to everyone
>He always announces he's Lawful Good, despite we haven't played a game with alignment in 2 years
>He tries to break up sessions hours early if anything bad happens to his precious character

>He's related to me and I'm pretty sure he'd self harm if he knew any of us organized a game without him
>>
>Friend's actually retarded brother
>Won't stop rolling dice constantly through the campaign
>Always puts himself in the middle of the story
>Is mentally incapable of roleplaying
Don't get me wrong, the game would be totally better without him but we give him a little slack
>>
>>53777913
> attempts to pickpocket sleeping party
> openly brags about immediately abandoning his people who spent priceless resources sending him to find help
> attempts to kill innocent civilians to the point of the other party members stop laughing
> shoplifts in friendly town in between sessions causing 25% of the world to become hostile
> keeps track of debts religiously
> splits from party to make deal with evil guys trying to commit mass murder
> Says he is true neutral when accused of playing evil.
>>
His character has to be involved in (if not the center of) every interaction with an NPC.

Assumes every interaction will result in combat, which becomes self-fulfilling prophecy.
Will never surrender, disengage, retreat, or otherwise attempt to diplomatically end any conflict.

Does not create characters that accommodate the game masters setting, will make up or rewrite details of the setting to accommodate his character.
Will argue with the game master when these details conflict with established canon.

Doesn't seem to be able to distinguish between a player talking in-character or out of character.
>>
>Is told the campaign is gonna be heavily RP oriented and that combat is gonna be rare and far in between
>proceeds to make a character optimized for combat, shit social skills and roleplays it as if it had the inteligence of a baby
>bitches and moans when there is no combat and his character can't do anything of note

Now every town and every travel includes the obligatory thug encounter. Originally the Paladin worried about his murdering spree against unnarmed albeit retarded peasants trying to rob our companion, the DM then reasured us that the thugs weren't canon.
>>
>doesn't roleplay
>refers to everything in MMO terms
>doesn't see the point in going to locations we've already been, because "we've already done the quests there"
>>
I once set up a game for a group of friends, and we wre gonna play at one of a friend of a friend's house. I do like 2 weeks of work setting shit up, get over there for the session to help everyone make characters, and the host spends 2 hours whining and arguing to get to play a ranger with a Pikachu pet. An actual, honest to goodness, Pikachu that would say 'Pika!' all the time and everything.

When it finally became clear to the guy that he was not going to be playing said character, and that -everyone- thought it was stupid as fuck (including his friend that kept apologizing for him), he decided he just wasn't gonna host sessions, knowing that nobody else had a venue to play.
>>
>>53778163
>not murdering this character very painfully
>>
File: 1473786187300.jpg (355KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473786187300.jpg
355KB, 1280x960px
>>53777935
If you play "Blue planet", the most evident problem is gills+warm blood, not wormholes
>>
>>53778304
wew what a bitch
>>
File: 1352921503307 – Kopio.jpg (128KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1352921503307 – Kopio.jpg
128KB, 400x400px
>In the first session we hear that his character is a mute
>Somehow he still got through the interview that was the plothook of that campaing
>Can only communicate with us through expressions and gestures
>Doesn't do that very well, being a cloaked character with a mask that hides his face
>Doesn't do much other than trying to hit things with his sword, we make a few jokes about his apparent mutism to try encouraging him to communicate with us at least a little
>Three sessions in he's alone with important npc
>Turns out his character actually can talk after all
>He just doesn't talk to the party
>The npc gives him valuable information
>He doesn't say a word to us
>Mfw
>>
>>53777913
Why did this have to be a 0.1 second long gif. Why does tumblr do this shit?
>>
Nice enough guy in real life, usually cool to talk to, but dumb as fuck.

Every character he's ever played must always be the center of attention, or at least involved in every single part of the campaign at all times.

He tries to tells us exactly what to do during our turns, get's overly upset when we don't listen to his dumb ideas.

He has caused two tpks because "it would be funny xd".

He has antagonized almost every npc we come across and attempts to assassinate every npc whose death would have major consequences in the campaign (royalty, arch wizards, etc).

It's a good thing that our DM is on full-time damage control, otherwise our games would just constantly devolve into "lol so random rofl" as soon as he introduces his character.
>>
Now tell about that guy, but in character.
Drop us a one sentence intro of yours if it'll help.
>>
I have two
>first time player
>picked a meme merchant class
>thinks racial feats are different than feats
also a girl
>faced with a puzzle or enemy with weird mechanics
>looks it up on her phone
>>
>>53777913
He plays a mad wizard who serves the god of madness. He decided to name his character Norf and gave himself ranks in Pirate for some reason.
>>
There's this guy that thinks that detect magic-typr spells are his personal metal detectors for loot and danger and will stop what the party is doing in order to make sure mundane shit is safe.

Some chick that falls into a small fit of despair if her character isn't rolling high or "winning"

There's our local no-rp munchkin

Our Dm is autistic when it comes to solutions to intrigue sessions

And I'm pretty sure I have made someone uncomfortable with magic realm at the table before
>>
>>53778262
And how many of his characters died?

None, i assume

Thought so. The reason for this is because you humor him instead of making him face reality
>>
>>53777913
>He's in his mid 30's
>Has never worked a day in his life but is not from a rich family
>Medically diagnosed with assburgers and has been seeing a therapist for a decade, since the college threw him out for having a violent mental breakdown on campus over an episode of Venture Brothers
>Magical realms hard with borderline pedophilia and resulting fascination with shortstacks
>Every character he makes is him
>Gets angry if something happens in game that he didn't anticipate
>Tries very obviously to cheat the dice and gets caught every time, to the point I had to outlaw dice in place of a tablet app
>Tries to minmax but isn't smart enough to actually pull it off
>Occasionally gets confused and will refer to something in character that happened in a different campaign to a different character
>Will shriek at the top of his lungs when he loses an argument. Literal autistic shrieking.
>>
>>53777913
fat, unwashed, smelly
eats really messy food at the sessions, usually with his hands
his character has never once gone with the party. he always goes off and tries to do a solo mission then grets upset when the GM focuses the whole session on the actual party
>>
>>53778020
>>53778163
>>53778262
>>53780298
>>53780464
These are jokes right? These things don't really happen.

If by some sad state of affairs one of these are true, I hope you one day realize players are a diamond dozen.

I have 6 players in my group, and 3 more who show up occasionally to play npcs for me. I regularly tell them I want to trim the player count to 4 and the only reason I don't is because everyone is cool all the time.
>>
>>53781322
>I hope you one day realize players are a diamond dozen
Unless you're stuck in some shithole in the middle of nowhere and these shitheads are part of the 3 other people that are willing to join a game.

>flashback from sessions with Tumblr: the Human
brrrrr
>>
>>53778302
Jesus.
>>
>>53780298
So, what, the average fa/tg/uy?
>>
>>53781322
>diamond dozen
kek

The correct phrasing is 'a dime a dozen'. yw
>>
>>53781534
>not recognizing the ancient /tg meme
Summer pls
>>
File: 1492840608121.png (4MB, 1790x2117px) Image search: [Google]
1492840608121.png
4MB, 1790x2117px
>plays a super bonkers homebrew farseer in rogue trader.
>Farseer is named vax,illdan
>has a banshee mask
>Roleplays said banshee mask by yelling at the top of his lungs each time it is his turn in combat
>That is the only roleplaying he does
>Complains aggressively that the other players do not roleplay well enough
>One night it almost comes to blows between him and another player
>There is talk about kicking him out
>He quits the group on his own accord
>>
>>53781322
>diamond dozen
>>
>>53777913
What if instead of having this thread everyday you talked to the person who's bothering you so much like an adult?
>>
File: le comfy merchant twins.jpg (69KB, 599x718px) Image search: [Google]
le comfy merchant twins.jpg
69KB, 599x718px
>always plays some sort of bitchy woman
>completely buries every other PC when they fail a roll no matter how easy or hard it would have been
>doesn't even attempt to characterize his PCs
>tries to "win" the game (his words)
>refuses to play a system he can't abuse to make completely broken murdermachines
>one day he decides to proudly present us his inner /pol/
>in a group with two jews and an arab
>kick him from all our servers and campaigns
>suddenly all games improve
>>
>>53781534
the original phrasing is correct if you ignore everything else he said. players are little sparkling diamond droplets of piss you have to sustain yourself on across a wasteland where I am. Due to complications, I can't game online.
>>
>>53781322
Your group sounds fun. I wish I could play in it.
>>
>>53781560
Not him, but if you say things "ironically" you eventually end up saying them for real. Be careful you don't erode your own speech skills.

T. Started saying "radicool" as a joke and now use it all the time
>>
>constantly on his phone
>Doesn't roleplay
>Only becomes active in combat
>>
>Constantly complains about never getting a chance to role play
>Complains about non-RP combat
>Never roleplays
>Misses every hook the GM gives him
>Sits idle during RP combat
>>
>>53782209
That's more typical of "passive" players.

It means the Internet is more important than the game--or, the game is too "hard" for them to get into, so they just escape from it and play passively.

If the player is generally less social and a couple other characters dominate the party direction/roleplay, then this is rather bound to happen.
>>
>>53777913
I've only ever had one "That Guy" experience

>At LGS
>Playing a one-shot
>Premise is that we're a family of dragons, a mother, a father, and two prophecy marked younglings
>We're being encroached upon by humans, and getting more and more hemmed in
>The two kids (I was playing one) start off weak, but can gain certain powers by consuming special stuff, and are supposed to grow powerful enough to break the grip of the humans.
>Neat enough premise, so I join up
>That Guy is playing the father dragon.
>Starts off the strongest, but can't fly
>Fight what I think were Salamanders, but I don't 100% remember, get wounded but win, retreat to our lair to heal up and plan our next move.
>Father dragon holding the Salamander skins that us baby dragons need to eat.
>Ask him to hand them over, they're useless to him
>Get a random shout of 'I'M AN ABUSIVE ALCOHOLIC FATHER DRAGON, TIME FOR YOUR SPANKINGS YA LITTLE SHITS'
>And I do mean shouted, pretty much everyone in the LGS turned to look at him.
>Kills me and the other youngling
>well fuck.
>TIME TO MAKE ME SOME NEW BABIES! before announcing in a more normal tone his plan to rape the mother dragon.
>Game ends, guy is a persona non grata in the store.
>>
File: Naos_2.png (162KB, 365x366px) Image search: [Google]
Naos_2.png
162KB, 365x366px
>>53777913
>ignores the setting and makes his furry OC his PC
>acts grimderp in a lighthearted fantasy adventure
>all his RP is brooding about his backstory and his post-adventure plans
>shows no interest in the main plot or any of the other PCs and frequently ignores them
>constantly complaining that he's not doing enough damage or hitting often enough
>doesn't realize that he's almost trivializing every fight and the GM is getting frustrated
>argues that his guns should instant-kill humanoid enemies (but not him of course)
>intentionally kills defeated enemies even when we needed to interrogate them
>claims that it's "what my character would do, stop complaining"
>we tell him to shape up and play nicer or we'll kick him.
>he agrees, is quieter the next session, then goes right back to being an asshole
>whines that the GM won't give him a cute waifu(male)
>secretly sends the GM details about his waifu(male) and asks for him to make her(him) an NPC
>throws a bitch-fit when the GM refuses to indulge him
>privately complains to me that the GM is a homophobe who is discriminating against him
>doesn't realize I'm trans and everyone else in the group knows, GM included
>he misses a session and we all have a much better time
>We all ask him to leave the group the next day
>he deletes every character sheet, handout, or icon he had access to in Roll20
>GM has to spend 6 hours restoring all the lost images, text, and macros

Fuck 'Claudius'.
>>
>>53781322

Not everyone is the Chad Thundercock of GMs buddy.
>>
>>53777913
You know him. He's that guy. If you don't know who I'm talking about it's because you're that guy.
>>
>>53782406
>tfw giant furfag
>GM knows it and encourages me to play a beastfolk
>I don't want to play a beast person
>tfw my GM pressures me into being more of a furfag than I actually am.
>>
so i had one really good "That guy" encounter
find a game that looks "ok" dm is a first timer
hes inviting 2 of his friends to start and needs "any" amount of other players
so far there is the dm his 2 friends me and one other guy
Farkas Mac tavish, or mac tavish farkas, or any other fucking iteration of this stupid name
The soon to be king of this story
i have about 4-5 stories that happens in these 17 sessions that are great but i think without going into much detail it basically sums up to
>farkas takes his hermaphrodite lizard lady and try's to erp with a wolf man at a bar that i don't even know how we got to
>farkas gives me a ring one session because we traded magic items and then forgets about it and ends up with both items cause of dm favoritism
>farkas says how cool it would be to get a "sword of haste" for a monk weapon
>farkas then gets a sword of haste monk weapon at level 3
>me and the dwarf sitting around the campfire about to rest for the night
>realize our backstories sync up in a weird horrible way
>i basically found a relic that connected me to my patron GOO
>and the dwarf got his family turned into a skin flute for a ritual by some fish people
>while this happens the remainder of the party is touching farkas lizard ladys giant cock
>did i also mention that the gm dropped out of this about 1 session in and his friends picked it up for the remaining 16
>>
>>53782675
to add onto this if you guys want to see this guys absolutely 10/10 art go look at his deviant art Mactavishthefarkas he linked it like 10 fucking times in the forums we had
and even linked his hentaifoundry account at one point
>>
File: wat4.gif (1MB, 315x400px) Image search: [Google]
wat4.gif
1MB, 315x400px
>>53782704
>and even linked his hentaifoundry account

Why did you stay until session 17?
>>
>>53782815
Answered your own question, there.
>>
>>53782815
i had so little going on and it was so god dam entertaining
There was literally a point where i looted a item before the gm's could loot
Yes the players who became gms still played characters
and i was a warlock so i picked up the item equipped went to heal and it was a cloak of
apparently anti-magic cause my magic exploded in my face and did 2d6 damage
for fun ill list the op as fuck magic items we got session 2 at level 2-3
Cleric: cloak of arachnid- that spider cloak thing
Warlock(me): +2 charsima book pretty good shit
Wizard(dm): bag full of level 3-8 spells such great editions such as Disintegrate at character level 2 but its on a scroll so its ok
and geas which he tried to cast on me to give him the blow up magic cape
Barb(dm): vorpal axe at level 2
Monk(farkas): Sword of haste
Fighter(fellow sane player dwarf): Sword of 8 damage all the fucking time it made the game so boring for him it was crazy
>>
>>
We're level 11 and I can't remember the last time he used a spell that wasn't See Invisibility, Shocking Grasp, or Ice Knife. He's an Arcane Trickster. I am thoroughly convinced he simply does not give a shit and I'm not really sure why he keeps showing up. Also he's only dealt Sneak Attack damage a single time in recent memory despite attacking twice per round.
>>
>>53777913
The most "that guy" person in our group is the guy that hardly ever shows up but we don't want to ban when he does feel like coming.
>>
>>53782704
>Dislikes: Kevin Robinson from school fuck you Kevin stop showin everyone my fuckin Deviantart page you peace of shit
>>
File: 1497140099448.png (51KB, 233x262px) Image search: [Google]
1497140099448.png
51KB, 233x262px
>>53777913
Steals everything and acts nonchalant about it. Otherwise pleasant.
>>
>>53783248
man i want to meet kevin now
>>
>>53782527
Your GM seems to be coming from a good place at least, maybe he/she wants you to feel more comfortable in-character. If you don't want to be pressured into playing a beastfolk you should let them know, they'll stop pushing you towards it.
>>
Eh, he runs away from adventure and universally plays cowardly characters.

I mean, I'm sort of that guy to his games given the wrenches I've thrown because of rp, but different characters and different games.

I've spoken to him about it but I'm not sure what to do to correct it.

He says he wants to change than a week later he goes back to it.

His current antics have included alienating every single NPC we come across by threatening to eat them and adopting aberrations as a Druid.

I love the guy, he's awesome and a good friend and an amazing DM, but he can't seem to shake some habits as a player.

I was then critiqued for allowing his bullshit to fly instead of just handing him an NPC to play as.

So yeah, he is our resident that guy but as far as that guys go he's not that bad.
>>
>>53777984
>His excuse is that he is in character.
this so much fucking this.
>>
>>53782527
You're either a furfag or you're not lad
>>
>>53781911
>proudly present his inner /pol/

What did he say, anon?
>>
>>53784228
He went into a lengthy rant about "rapefugees" and how all sandniggers should drown in the sea. Then about an awkward hour later, he suddenly goes about "kikes running everything to the ground" and at that point half the group was kinda miffed with this cunt wanting them dead.
>>
>>53781322
mine (>>53780464) is true
we play in a school sponsored club so from my understanding it’s more of a hassle for the GM to report/get the player removed than it is to just deal with his bullshit
>>
>>53784557
Aren't autistic people just a gift?
>>
>>53782406

You can be a homophobe but tolerate trans people. As President George Dubya Bush said in a Mad T.V. skit, gay people can marry other gay people "as long as the parts much up"
>>
>>53778361
>>not murdering this player very painfully
FTFY
>>
>>53777913
Fine RPer, interested in the game.

Is incredibly attention-seeking and gets majorly butthurt when other people get their questions answered first. This is compounded by the fact that That Guy asks incredibly inane retarded questions that could be answered by paying attention and using a lick of common sense. Passively-aggressively hates on anyone who tries to move the game along instead of listening to them dick around going 'I look at X thing everyone else already examined, I THINK about MAYBE doing this plan which I haven't shared with anyone else, baaw baaw pay attention to me daddy DM as I ask for dumb OOC metagame information instead of taking IC action.'

When they're not being fucking retarded over nothing and failing to get along with the other players they're actually good and fun, which is why I haven't kicked them yet. But if they ever increase the levels of delusional drama whoring you can bet I'll boot them in a flash.
>>
>>53777913
Remember if you can't think of who that guy is in your group it's probably you.
>>
>>53782441
> the Chad Thundercock of GMs

i laughed pretty hard, thanks anon
>>
>>53777913
She accuses me the DM of cheating whenever things don't make sense to her, insults the quality of the encounters, and derails the game with out-of-character stream-of-consciousness outbursts at key moments.

Moratorium on gameplay until I find out how to handle her, as she is our best player's girlfriend.
>>
>>53785265
Talk to her directly, tell her the bullshit stops, period, or she will be asked to leave.
Talk to the "best player", tell him exactly what the shit is about, and tell him that if she doesn't shape out, she ships out, and if he wants to leverage himself, then he goes with her.
>>
>>53785265
>girlfriend of a player on table
Biggest mistake.
>>
>>53781534
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
>>53785375
No, the mistake is having people at the table who are not there to game and not establishing a baseline for acceptable behavior.
My group has my gf AND my friend's gf with no problems because everyone knows what the expectations are, and are held to them without fail.
>>
>>53785518
this

GFs who already like games are probably about as common as unicorns but it's not the GFness that's the problem, it's the 'filthy casual who doesn't want to be there' that's the problem
>>
>>53785658
It's also a case of what you like may not be what others like.
My gf doesn't have a background in fantasy, and has no great like of it. She enjoys strong supernatural ideals, so shit like CoC and WoD are right up her alley.
She's been bugging me to run D&D tho, because she really wants to see what it's all about, and honestly, it will be different playing with someone who isn't already well aware of all the tropes and background.
>>
>>53777913
Unironicaly thinks the only thing Hitler did wrong was attacking the Soviets before dealing with the British, reminds us weekly how he can't wait to "purge those leftists cucks," plays a blonde haired, blue eyed, white male human fighter in a big red hat, calls every NPC darker than milk a spic or a nigger, actively tries to injure or kill other players if they play anything other than a hetero white male, actively shares redpill caps and memes in his phone in game, tried to build a concentration camp to exterminate dwarves and gnomes, calls anyone who plays a female character a fag, anyone who plays a halflings or gnome a pedophile, has spit on other players sheets and mini's, and I'm surprised you're still reading obvious satire.
>>
>>53778807
Fuck off mark. You're the that guy of the group and you know it. Fucking take a bath, and stop trying to bring a character that isn't a "omg trap loli" being its only feature for the actual role play element.

Get a job and pay Ray some rent money for a change instead of being a fucking parasite.
Oh and asking Ray to make your character sheet was really fucking cute too.
>>
>>53780298
Throw a glass of cold water in his face.

I've never seen anything shut someone up faster, short of euthanasia by bullet.
>>
>>53777913
"Tank guy" whenever mechs are relevant in ant sci fi setting or conversation. Yes, we know tanks will always be better at being tanks. We just don't give a fuck.
>>
All his characters are women belonging to some form of short race such as gnomes or halflings. They all have the same personality of wacky, goofy and "cheeky" and also a complete unwillingness to be helpful to the party despite him commonly playing support based classes.
He also dozes off regularly mid session because he sleeps like a fucking idiot.
He will cheerfully chug his way through a four pack of energy drinks in half an hour, while also snacking on more junk than the rest of the party combined. This somehow doesn't stop him from dozing off.
Super autist about rules and pouts when he doesn't get his way. I'm amazed he's not dead yet.
>>
>>53780298
>college threw him out for having a violent mental breakdown on campus over an episode of Venture Brothers

Which Episode?
>>
File: hank.png (107KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
hank.png
107KB, 352x240px
>>53780298
>Medically diagnosed with assburgers and has been seeing a therapist for a decade, since the college threw him out for having a violent mental breakdown on campus over an episode of Venture Brothers
>>
Where do you guys fucking find these people

do you just waltz into your local gamestore and round up whoever is stuck to the floor there?
>>
>>53786224
>chug his way through a four pack of energy drinks in half an hour. This somehow doesn't stop him from dozing off.

Sounds like me. It'd help if GM didn't wanna do shit all afternoon start the session at 7pm, then run the session on till 2am or later. I wake up a good 3 hours before anyone else in the group. 12 if you exclude GM and his slam piece.
>>
File: IMG_7891.png (519KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7891.png
519KB, 640x628px
He would always stand in the corner of a room or away from the party, doesn't speak much unless absolutely needed, meta games, gets mad and starts yelling if the GM somehow tempered with his character, always trying to be the edgelord, was absent for 6/10 campaigns because he wanted to play games instead.

Tl;dr edgelord wannabe.
>>
>>53786381
Our sessions generally start at 2pm and end at 6pm or 7pm. He is unemployed, just goes to bed at 7am because he has no self control.
>>
>>53781387
>Tumblr : The Human

ELABORATE IMMEDIATELY
>>
>>53778483
Playing Silent from The Black Company could be interesting.

This is not how you do that.
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 790x548px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 790x548px
>>
>Best pal with one of the GMs and a player so we have to accept him from time to time or else we lose him and the player
>Has a inferiority complex in games the size of VY Canis Majoris, doesn't matter what he does, his character is worse than anybody, and even if we manage to prove another char is worse in that field he just goes with "I don't care about your char"
>"That's what my character would do!" therefore he thinks he's exempt of dealing with the consequences
>Everything has to go like he wants, any deviation from that is unacceptable and throws a hissy fit. This goes awful when he DMd as he shout several times (or so I heard, I left the first time) "I'm the GM, I'm God, my words are law"
>Pretends to get biggest part of the bounties even when he does literally nothing
>Pretends that everybody protects his character to the point of sacrificing themselves
>Prety much always plays dwarves
>Always plays some kind of caster and expects magic > everything else
Thankfully we learn from our mistake and he doesn't DM anymore
And luckily his schedule is very tight so we don't have to deal with him much
>>
>>53777935
She's right. It's fine if you want to play that kind of game but don't call it something it's not.
>>
>>53785934
Got a chuckle outta me
>>
>>53785934
kek
>>
>>53784559
Not sure how your school clubs work, but if someone doesn't want to run a game for someone else due to their hygiene, or their behavior, then they say "You're not welcome here" if they're polite, or "Fuck off" if they're not.
>>
>>53777913
>naps through every other session
>we have to poke him awake on his turn during combat
>he'll grumpily roll a dice without declaring who he's attacking or checking to see if he even can attack the enemy
>he then promptly goes back to sleep
>insists that he be allowed to play a party face and gets pissy if anyone else makes a charisma character
>>
>>53786885
Is he gm's friend, owner of the place. gm's gay boyfriend? If no, then kick him out
>>
Plays the same edgy, chaotic stupid, lolsorandumd character every game. Comes up with a backstory linking to other characters of his in unrelated campaigns. Attacks important NPCs. Always tries to split the party. Hogs the spotlight. Tries to tell the GM the results of his actions instead of rolling. Intentionally fucks up plans. Betrays the party. Tries to get us to quit playing early when he gets bored. Can't be kicked out because he's another player's brother.
>>
>>53787026
>can't be kicked out because he's XXXX

No, fuck that. Unless that player is literally so good that he offsets the stupidity, let him go.
>>
>>53786299
I am also curious
>>
File: 1488233308106.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1488233308106.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>>53785934
>tried to build a concentration camp to exterminate dwarves and gnomes
made me laugh heartily
>>
Have none at the moment, but had three bad ones before my current calm before the storm:

First one played music on his phone during the session. If confronted he had two things to say: "The GM (his longest time and best friend) says I can do it " for which the GM always did apologize (bless his soul) or "If I had headphones I'd use them". Still he didn't want to leave the game despite barely participating beyond disarming traps and charging at enemies during combat (each to their own I guess).

Second one just smelled really bad. Refused to clean like he was afraid of the concept of soap. Kicked out once we realized that his blue t-shirt had gradually turned black over the few months he played with the group.

Third one refused to read the rule books, claiming that "experience is a better teacher than the book" as he later asks how much mana he has when playing Shadowrun.
>>
>>53787026
One of my old GM's kicked out his older brother for being too retarded
>>
>>53778302
That's one hell of a That Guy you got there. Kudos.
>>
>>53786454
>identifies as genderqueer or some shit like that
>pretty much a bisexual but with extra dose of "I'M SPESHULL"
>all his characters were nothing but extremely specific nonexistant genders
>his jokes were edgy anti-religion stuff and "aren't people who identify as X weird gender hypocrites?"
>wouldn't shut up about the evil patriarchal society and all the evils it brings with it
>once tried to get Striking Looks banned from the game because of some shit about gender fluidity or some shit

Really tho, I'm not getting into specifics because then it would end up just unbelievable.
>>
>That Guy is gm's brother in law
>wife bitches at him if he doesn't let That Guy play
>That Guy will not roleplay
>makes dumb characters who try to fight everyone they meet
>moans and complains if he doesn't get his way
>every time he kills an enemy he stands up and pulls down his pants (sometimes underwear) and farts on the enemy mini
>>
>>53787495
Reminds me of the people on Roll20 advertising they want to join games and emphasizing every other sentence that they're bi/queer/asexual genderfluid trans or something.

>anyone gives a shit
>>
File: bashir.png (81KB, 540x498px) Image search: [Google]
bashir.png
81KB, 540x498px
>>53787553
>>every time he kills an enemy he stands up and pulls down his pants (sometimes underwear) and farts on the enemy mini
I seriously hope this part isn't true
>>
>That Guy is gm's brother in law
>wife bitches at him if he doesn't let That Guy play
>That Guy will not roleplay
>makes dumb characters who try to fight everyone they meet
>moans and complains if he doesn't get his way
>every time he kills an enemy he stands up and pulls down his pants (sometimes underwear) and farts on the enemy mini
>Then he dickslaps the GM into his face saying pssh, nothing personnel kid
>>53787600
>>
>>53784557
>He went into a lengthy rant about "rapefugees" and how all sandniggers should drown in the sea

Are you implying this is incorrect?
>>
File: IMG_7177.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7177.gif
613KB, 498x498px
>>53787553

Did the DM actually keep the minis afterwards?
>>
>>53785440
Copypasta or not, this is great
>>
>>53787600
>>53787704
Gm's wife keeps saying she'll pay him for new minis if we just keep her brother on because he's not very good at social stuff. He's not retarded, just awkward. Gm's about had enough. One time he sharted a little on a Bugbear mini and the session ended prematurely
>>
>>53786530
didn't he die at the start of the first book?
>>
>>53787734
His parents must have locked him in a shed until his 18th birthday, jesus.
>>
>>53787553
>>53787734
I don't believe you
>>
>>53781897
Because 9/10 time you'd have to talk to them like a special ed teacher trying to convince Developmentally Challenged Denny to stop trying to feed the class hamster human feces.
>>
>>53787704
The DM sniffs the minis and says

>Heyy thats breddy gud
>>
>>53781897
If they had the maturity to accept criticism and change their ways they wouldn't be that guys in the first place
>>
>>53787495
>>53787583
>be bisexual and gender dysphoric
>just pretend to be straight because I'd rather be in the "closet" than be associated with the typical tumblrina

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses.
>>
>>53787734
>that
>just awkward
You have a strange definition of that if you're not joking. And if you're aren't what the fuck is wrong with you and why the fuck is everyone putting up with that?
>>
>>53787939
Other than the mini farting he acts normal, just talks a little too much. Gm puts up with him because of wife's bitching and she replaces his minis but after the bugbear shart (The Incident, as Gm calls it) he's considering booting out brother-in-law That Guy. That Guy says he does it because and I'll try to quote as accurately as I can
>I'm playing a Roman Warrior and Romans liked to embarrass the enemies they beat so that's why I treat them like I won. You better be happy I don't piss on them or try to shit on them *Gm's name*.
>>
>>53788032
Your story was already a little past the line of believable, this just outright blows past all reason.

If you guys are going to make up That Guy stories, at least make them remotely believable.
>>
>>53786746
Not that anon but she's not right. Sub-atomic wormholes exist in our universe.
>>
My that-guyest player is probably my own brother. He's likely to sulk if the other players are doing stuff like negotiations, and he's got a propensity to play dickass thieves. Other than that, he's pretty cool and creative.

>>53785934
Ha! You can't fool me! I skipped to the end of the post three lines in, just to check for something like this!
>>
File: 1496778692086.jpg (6KB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
1496778692086.jpg
6KB, 250x209px
>>53788032
Once again, if this is real your GM is a bitch for enduring this nonsense with a retard. Next you'll say he's in his late 20s or some nonsense.
>>
>>53787553
>>53787734
>>53788032

yeah i figure youd post here ok fuck off serious I said i WOULOD NOT DO IT AGAIN and this wouildnt happen but here you are... and yes its because Romans do it so fuck u and fuck them all you cant just let me have fun you keep saying roleplay and so i do then everyone gets mad???yeah whatever i will be telling max about this tomorrow
>>
>>53788111
The presence of what may or may not be phenomena on the subatomic scale does not mean the same phenomena exist on the macro scale, nor does it mean that we'd be able to harness or traverse said phenomena if they did.

That being said, "hard sci-fi" is an extremely nebulous term, with some people even applying it to shit like Star Trek. If she's accepting things like, say, artificial gravity on ships that aren't spinning cylinders/wheels, then she needs to shut up about wormholes.
>>
>>53778302
That's the worst thing I've read in one of these threads in months.
>>
>>53777913
We have a pair of "That Guys" who joined the game together. They actually play pretty decent characters, but they continually do this weird call and refrain, usually 2-3 times per session.

One of them, and it's not always the same one, will randomly declare

>Thick, thick, thick girl sidiete (last word not clear, but that's what it sounds like)
Which is always followed by
>SHABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (shouted)

Appeals to get them to stop have gotten confusion as to why it's a problem. And nobody has gotten them to explain what the hell it actually means, asking usually just leads them to giggling like retards. I've been asking the GM to kick them, but he's got a bit more patience than I do.
>>
>>53788136
I'm not sure if freaking out about it will help.
>>
File: emperor's new bait.jpg (44KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
emperor's new bait.jpg
44KB, 500x294px
>>53788136
Thanks for the honest attempt to verify this anon's clearly fictitious story.
>>
>>53787682
are you implying you're not an autist?
>>
>>53788209
tbqh, getting so upset over a dumb in-joke that you ask the GM to kick them makes YOU sound like the 'That guy' here

Sure it sounds annoying and I can relate to being annoyed by loud people, but it also sounds like it takes 6-9 seconds per session, so...
>>
>>53788259
Still, it made my day.
>>
>>53786746
Fuck are you on about?
>>
>>53787246
>blue shirt turned black

that is terrifying
>>
>>53784696
>You can be a homophobe but tolerate trans people.
Never seen someone think that way in my life, but I suppose in theory it's possible. My point is that our GM is not a homophobe in the slightest but That Guy just jumped to that as an excuse for why people weren't nice to him. I use to play with an autistic jewish guy, when we kicked him he raged that we were jew-haters when in fact he was just a huge sperg that nobody liked.
>>
>>53787246
>claiming that "experience is a better teacher than the book"
That would be funny if it weren't so stupid
>>
In my group we have a That Guy which plays always the halfling hunters riding on his animal companion. Every time he kills a very important NPC or dungeon boss/plot boss he gets up, lifts his t-shirt, licks his man boobs and screams at the top of his lungs

>It's peperoni time!
>>
>>53777913
My party actually has 2 that guys
One of them is me
>>
>>53780298
>Tries to minmax but isn't smart enough to actually pull it off
Good lord I fucking hate this. The bullshittery of minmaxers is bad enough--woo your imaginary persona can do [thing] really well, please go on--but combining it with a misplaced and fully unwarranted smug sense of superiority pushes it over the edge.
>>
>>53782129
Literally this. I started saying "lol" out loud, ironically and ended up saying it unironically. Took months for me to finally stop saying it.
>>
>>53788403
This can't be real
>>
>>53778302
I don't get it. What reason do you have to go back to a town where there are no more quests in it?

Besides you know, the GM making more quests there? Asking specifically about a shit setting.

In my setting, they would have a reason to go back because not every town is copy pasted and they have different items and different prices in each, or unique characters with special abilities that live there.

But in a shit setting, why would you go back?
>>
>>53788268
Yes. Going into a lengthy rant about it isn't necessarily appropriate, but it's not incorrect either.
>>
>>53788278
>so shut up and take it
Not that anon you're responding to, but if some player was being loud and obnoxious to the point where another player wants them kicked, I would, as GM, at the very least ask Dingus and Wingus to knock it off.
>>
>>53781322
Haha yes! It was just a prank (TM)!
>>
>>53777913
He doesn't roleplay. He long ago stated that all of his characters are just him. Like, he comes up with interesting concepts and then they're just him. Every time something is mysterious about an NPC he will directly state to them, "What the fuck?" "What the fuck is this?" "Who the fuck are you?" It murders immersion. He refuses to suspend his disbelief, metagames horrendously has actively interrupted the DM IN THE MIDDLE OF A SENTENCE TO ASK A MECHANICAL QUESTION. OUT OF COMBAT. He rolled on a random table, conceivably to get some goodies, and instead got "character believes they are a demon possessing their body." Normally, this would be a fun roleplaying opportunity. ol' That Guy however spent his time to weasel out of it. "Well, I don't remember a time before I possessed this half-orc, and I don't know how to use any of my powers, so..." Shut up.

Back to those mechanical questions, he's no longer allowed to play a magic user. Because he can't figure anything out more complex than a fucking fighter. When he played a bard in 5e he spent all of his time staring at the spell app on his phone, before deciding to interrupt. Thanks to this lack of paying attention, he would literally ask us to repeat everything that happened in the last fifteen minutes. Because he doesn't pay attention. He played a speedster in our super-powered Wild Talents game, and constantly asked how fast he could go, conceivably because he was trying to weasel his way into stronger powers. But it's 100 MPH, Craig. It was always 100 MPH. And with super strength I'm half as fast as you asshole.

When his character actually does something to make himself die, or even get close to death, he throws a huge tantrum, angrily threatening people who might be taking actions that are leading to his demise (while actively doing similar deeds) and threatening to pack up and go home. We're starting to wish he would.
>>
>>53788209
>>53788509
>sperging out over an annoying joke that takes up maybe 0.13% of a four hour session
>>
File: 1497194349447.png (223KB, 862x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497194349447.png
223KB, 862x1000px
>>53777913
Here you go, described.
>>
>>53788136
>>53788233
Update: Gm finally kicked him out of the group since he got called while at work by the yelling brother-in-law saying he would take a shit on his rulebooks and minis if he didn't boot me from the game. Wife is actually on Gm's side for once too. Holy shit, this is surreal.
>>
>>53788601
This is getting into "things that never happened" realm now. You had me up until the point you said everyone worked out fine in the end.
>>
>Is incredibly passive-aggressive towards another player.
>More frequently becoming aggressive-aggressive to said player.
>CONSTANTLY bitches about him when he's not in the room, and I'm talking the second the door closes.
>Plays supr srs characters but can't keep RP going for more than 10 minutes at a time, constantly leading to tonal whiplash as he bounces between GRIM GRITTY McIRONBLOOD and vagina jokes.
>Loud as fuck

>CONSTANT
>DANK
>M
>E
>M
>E
>S
>From his phone, from his laptop, or just fucking repeated out of context until he cracks himself up halfway through.

I get it, the other player is not a perfect roommate, and I'm happy you trust me enough to vent to me, but for fuck's sake tone it down and stop being such a cunt to him. Maybe he wouldn't be so depressed if you didn't jump down his throat every fucking time he said something or talked shit about him to his friends and instead just talked to him like a normal human being?
>>
>>53788709
I barely believe it myself.
>>
The guy at my table plays a small Asian girl who is a barbarian that dual wields katanas. Not like he actually bothers to learn the rules for two weapon fighting or anything. He also tries to do make skill checks all the time that he is untrained in and has no ranks. He seems to have two personas, switching between retarded savage and Noble samurai, despite being a little girl. All in all he's cringey as fuck and doesn't understand the game
>>
>>53788722
How about you stop being passive aggresive yourself and help the other dude then?
>>
>>53788740
>retarded savage and Noble [class]
Strangely enough I have one of those too. One minute they're mindlessly hacking away at weakened/dead enemies and the next trying to be the face of the party.
>>
>>53788802
It's annoying as fuck.
>>
>>53788447
Holy shit anon. I do the same thing now and I used to harp on people who said that shit. If I start saying rofl I think I'm just going to end it all.
>>
>Playing Deathwatch
>Knows nothing about the lore aside from 1d4chan memes
>Repeatedly demands he be allowed to execute various important NPCs (Inquisitor, Planetary Governor, Local Magos) because they annoy him
>constantly talking about how he wishes he could've been a sister of battle instead
>Actually refers to them, out loud, as FUCKING BOLTER BITCHES every time
>his character is a 'drunk Space Wolf veteran who's too old for this shit'
>Really he's just incompetent and an asshole
>>
I'm glad I've never been in a group with a That Guy. Am I lucky, or are all the people who post That Guy stories unlucky?
>>
>>53788802
>>53788834
it's the kind of thing that, when done well, is ye olde jekyll/hyde duality of man situation

thing is it's so rarely done well. I've seen some people pull it off though (A HtV character who would on occasion flip from 'god-fearing penitent do-gooder' to 'avenging, wrathful crusader')
>>
>>53788857
Just kick him out
>>
>>53788870
Its more likely that you are That Guy in your group
>>
"I only play chaotic evil or chaotic neutral because they're the most like how I am in real life"
>>
>>53788895
I'm a player, he's a player, and he provides snacks. He's not terrible when we play other games, honestly, he actually ran a good Mage game, but he just really doesn't give a fuck about Deathwatch I guess and he acts like a huge mongoloid.
>>
>>53788758
I do. I've talked to Player B (the alcoholic target) and have done basically what I can considering I neither live with him nor have more than a single freshman class's worth of psychology expertise. Player A (the problem player) has anger issues and I'm afraid that broaching the topic with him directly will only make things worse for Player B and he LOVES making mountains out of molehills.

So yeah, I am helping him, or at least trying to. From my perspective, any more proactivity on my part will hurt, not help, so I'm reduced to impotently shaking my fists on a Cambodian relief sculpture BBS. I'm also not really being passive aggressive; I don't fuck the game over for Player A or fudge things against him. The most I do is try to rein him in when he starts going full cuntnugget and that's OOC.

Thankfully it seems like moving to California soon as part of some madcap business thing, so there's a good chance the problem will solve itself and I just have to keep the show rolling for another month or so.
>>
>>53788834
It really is, and as the GM I'm patiently waiting for a chance for this to screw them over because the last unnecessary kill was someone their lord wanted to interrogate.
>well just tell them to stop
I'm trying to avoid telling them how to play because I don't want to railroad and I want their actions to have consequences. That and I want to see how they handle it in game because they've given me nothing to work with so I'll take what I can get.

>>53788891
I'd love to attempt that but forever GM
>>
File: kek.jpg (15KB, 201x195px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
15KB, 201x195px
>>53786224
>. I'm amazed he's not dead yet.
>>
>>53788944
honestly nWoD/CofD is a great setting for stuff that, in most other places, would be 'that guy'ish. Considering the whole thing is 'crapsack world where only the ruthless prosper', it's easy to see why.

I'm playing a Changeling in a Changeling game that's secretly a still-kept loyalist whose master just gives a lot of leeway, and I'm considering doing the whole 'betraying the party to the fae' thing, but I worry that might be TOO asshole-y.
>>
>>53788891
The thing is he dumped int, Wis, and Cha cos he's a barbarian but then tries to roleplay a character that tries to be as intelligent as the int 20 wizard.
>>
File: 7a1.jpg (49KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
7a1.jpg
49KB, 600x750px
>>53788906
I checked the bingo sheet and I don't do any of those things...
>>
File: thats a bingo.png (231KB, 862x1000px) Image search: [Google]
thats a bingo.png
231KB, 862x1000px
>>53788550
Shorthand version.
>>
>>53788495
not sure if bait, or /pol/tard that escaped their containment board.
>>
>>53787936
I'm genuinely sorry that they've ruined it for you.
>>
>>53780298
Venture Bros fan here. I have to know too.

>>53781897
I understand where you're coming from, but what you have to realize is many of these "that guys" are broken people: they're as fixed as they're going to get without facing down some personal demon, like
>being violently beaten
>killing their parents
>getting a blowjob for the first time in their lives.
>>
File: IMG_7921.png (58KB, 613x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7921.png
58KB, 613x599px
>>53781897
Good luck managing their temper tantrum.
>>
File: durrsley.jpg (32KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
durrsley.jpg
32KB, 444x444px
>>53786224
Sounds like a real Dursley to me.

Maybe you should just end him.
>>
I once had a player who would pee in bottles under the table. He weighed nearly 400 pounds and would try to kill the female PC's when they wouldn't sleep with his character. He played a teifling ninja named Shadow. He also would call any half orcs niggers and insisted they were biologically inferior.
>>
>>53789678
So you played with the average /pol/tarded nu-man?
>>
>>53789331
one of these things is not like the others.
>>
>>53789705
He would stare you right in the eyes as he was pissing into the bottle, smile, and say

>Saves time, doesn't it?
>>
>>53778652
That seems more funny than anything else.
>>
>>53778652
If you're saying that's what makes him that guy then you yourself are probably that guy and don't know it.

However if that's the only bad thing you could think of, I'd give that a half pass because I can see how that could be annoying to some people.
>>
>>53787799
No. You're thinking of Tom-Tom. Silent was with the Company until after the battle of Barrowlands.
>>
>>53784557

He's right you know.
>>
ITT: Stories that didn't happen or retarded anyone who deliberately play with turbo autistic faggots
>>
>>53790409
>Retarded anyone
On second reading, I meant retarded people. English isn't my first language
>>
>>53790409
>durr hurr everything on le ebin teeg is fake

You got your (You), now go die.
>>
>>53787936
That makes me sad anon.
I hope feeling like you can't come out doesn't hurt you. Remember that coming out, having, and even expressing one's sexuality is not the same as making it one's battlecry.
t. Bianon
>>
>Neckbeard with pepe/"praise kek"/cartman T-shirts
>Nazi-themed Imperial Guard army with swaztikas everywhere
>constantly sits nervously in front of his army with his leg shaking up and down
>Waiting for someone to say anything so he can "ACTHUALLY " sperg out
>Nobody ever says anything
>He gets visibly frustrated
>Constantly yells out shit about how bad his luck is when he's losing a game. It wouldn't be an issue but he clearly gets mad
>OH GREAT, ANOTHER SHITTY DICE ROLL, etc.
>>
>>53787246
One of my players is like your third that guy. It's like he won't read the rules out of principle or something.
>>
I'm dealing with one in a campaign I'm involved in now, actually.

>Only War campaign
>That Guy's character is a complete sociopath
>Actively attempts to get NPC squads killed because he decided he didn't like them
>Including giving drugs to an NPC and then ratting them out to the Commissar
>Repeatedly makes jokes at the expense of dead comrades literally moments after their tragic demise
>Finds the idea of innocent civilians and plucky PDF troops dying in droves to Necrons absolutely hilarious
>Always gives our enemies as much information about our group as he can
Not intentionally, he's just a fucking idiot who can't keep his mouth shut.
>Gets mad at people OOCly for not following his OOC battle plans
>Coming from the cunt who bullied our group into setting up defences the way he wanted, resulting in an utter failure of a defensive action and the death of a Hive City
>Continually grind everyone's gears ICly and OOCly, to the point where the GM was on the border of asking him to stop showing up
>Somehow toned his bullshit down for a little bit, maybe he noticed the tension
>Completely fucks our improving opinion of him by rolling a frag grenade into a room full of civilians held hostage by Chaos cultists
>Cackles like a madman, I'm talking properly losing his shit as the GM solemnly describes a young child dying in our medic's arms as she desperately tries to save him
>Thankfully gets ripped apart by an enemy autocannon in the next room

I'm so glad that cunt's character is dead. He didn't even realise that every time he left his sheet with the GM, his insanity and corruption points somehow shot up by a fuckload.

He's playing a Commissar now. Have only had one session with him, and it seems like he might be going back to his old antics. If he shows his true colours as the same cunt as his old character was, I swear my Techpriest is going to beat him to death with mechadendrites.
>>
>>53789225
>>53790518

I've learned to cope mostly. As has been stated a few times, those things don't define me, they're just aspects of who I am. The people I trust know, and that's good enough for me.

To keep things on topic though, worst That Guy I've ever had to deal with was a war gamer from an FLGS, and thankfully not someone in my gaming group:

>Typical 40K grognard
>Tryhards in the game even though he's not good at it
>Extreme conspiracy theorist, examples include claiming that the USA used satellite based lasers to cause earthquakes in third world countries
>Thinly veiled racist, often making remarks against asians, and specifically about how we should have nuked Japan again instead of giving them aid after the tsunami awhile back
>When he's not sporting a greasy jewfro, he has it in a nasty ass ponytail
>Wears socks with sandals
>>
>>53789121
not him but nothing about the statements were incorrect. he just has autism you shouldn't bully the mentally infirm ok? even retards and arabs say correct things time to time
>>
>the one /pol/tard in here desperate for (You)s

Even this thread has a That Guy. How very meta.
>>
>>53790494
>(you)
is a reddit meme made up by newfags like you who won't say fag :^)
>>
File: 000006.png (199KB, 366x434px) Image search: [Google]
000006.png
199KB, 366x434px
>>53790731
>reddit spacing
you sound pretty fragile my dude, wtf?
>>
>always tries to minmax and cheese out the most optimal build for whatever class
>gets frustrated if people do things in a way that is not 110% the most optimal way to do regarding stats in the party
Oh wait, that's me
>>
File: I cam just to suffer.png (128KB, 1018x919px) Image search: [Google]
I cam just to suffer.png
128KB, 1018x919px
>>53790781
OP here.

Stop
>>
>>53790781
>reddit spacing
This is the worst goddamn meme to have ever hit this cesspool of a Nepalese Stamp-Collecting Forum.
People aren't double-tapping enter because it's a habit from le reddit to make sure people see their post. People do it because arranging your thoughts into paragraphs is a courtesy to keep your post from becoming a wall of text, and placing a blank line between paragraphs makes it easier to distinguish one paragraph from another.
>>
I'm probably the closest we've got.
Because I struggle to deal with things in a serious manner anywhere in life, and my character is super nervous, I often make bad jokes at serious moments. It makes sense, but can ruin the moment a little.

Our other contender isn't bad, but just often makes really obtuse decisions for no reason, and character hops a lot because she tries to fully plan her character arc/growth, then gets bored as they're static.
>>
>>53788478
Things come from nothing if you work on them. If player characters hang around shitty town number 15, then there will at some point something interesting happen. If not, then they will make something interesting. If none of the above happen, you have an uninteresting group of characters.
>>
>>53790781
>you put a space between your sentences
>wow how foolish you are you are a fragile person
I think you've uncovered that the person you are replying to is not the fragile person in this situation.
>>
>>53790906
>>53790943
>>53790993
please stop projecting. it makes you look pathetic
>>
>>53790560
Lmao. Nazis are retards
>>
>>53790906
Why I think he's just uprooting the That Guy's who think they aren't who are currently in this thread posting about others to soothe their ego's.
>>
>>53791108
oh darn it, I hate looking pathetic, you're right. I'm looking pathetic again. I'll stop.
>>
>>53791144
ok cool. make sure you do it front of your '''friends''' too, dudester
>>
One of my players started crying during character creation because I wouldn't let him re-make his character into a Kung fu cop for call of cthulhu after spending an hour and a half making a detective during a session where everyone was supposed to have come in with a character ready.

I never saw a grown man cry, so I relented.
>>
>>53791108
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU_y9FB0QKk#t=0m34s
>>
>>53791108
Projecting is literally the meme version of "no u", which really betrays your level of maturity.
>>
>>53791108
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>53791178
I'm sorry that you're so offended that you need to rationalize your own butt angle, but please calm down, my kid.
>>
>>53791167
>>53791195
jesus
I'm assume these are the same person
>>
New rule like GR15 for/pol/ when?
>>
>>53791223
>I'm assume
CUTE!
>>
>>53788189
>with some people even applying it to shit like Star Trek

Those people are dead wrong.
>>
>>53791234
Probably never considering this entire convo has nothing to do with /pol/ and everything to do with you being That Guy, and ass harmed about being called out for it, ok kiddster
>>
I once had a player who would shit logs into his own hand and squeeze them till it mushes in his fingers and then he would devour the whole mess while screaming at the top of his lungs.
>>
A guy at my table rolls dice by putting them in his mouth and spitting them across the table
>>
I once caught one of my players jerking off under the table as I was describing another characters death
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 234x139px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 234x139px
Joined a group of 4-5 players including my room mate. Roommate is a high school English teacher and a pretty big fantasy buff which he thinks makes him professor DND. It was all pretty chill until he started listening the the goddam, motherfucking adventure zone and now he DMs like he's MCing a podcast for an audience instead of a game with actual players. Game revolves around telling his story and rail roading us into it, becomes hostile and punishing if we do something he didn't anticipate. Constructed the game in such a way that our characters have amnesia with minimal character input, he even has control of our backstories. Puts way more time into developing his obnoxious, self insert NPCs than our individual backstories so naturally we revile them. The coda to our last story arc was basically him making us apologize to his NPC waifu for being mean to her.
>>
>>53791581
So stop playing anon.
>>
>>53791675
My wife and I rented the bottom half of his house, and I honestly think if my character left his precious story he'd probably try to kick me out, or make living her a worse hell. We're moving in two months and once we do I'm ghosting him so fucking hard he'll wonder if I was ever real to begin with.
>>
>>53787682
Gb2sleep /pol/, it's past your bedtime.
>>
>>53791300
>>53791340
>>53791473
samefag
>>
I played with a foreign guy who spoke very little English and honestly I don't think he ever knew what the hell was going on we would point to him and he's laugh and get excited and roll the d20 and then we'd all cheer. Miss that guy.
>>
>>53790700
I don't get what's so bad about trying hard at a game you're bad with.
I'm bad at MtG but I still try my best to win.
Actually been getting better recently.
>>
>>53791264
Klingon exist
>>
>>53788330
It's a hidden SJW, run!
>>
Our GM jokingly said to a Rando that he needed to paint his mini. Rando got really upset and sulked for half an hour, then during a bathroom break he came back with his mini in a full coat of rusty brown and told the GM "IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH? OR HOW ABOUT THIS" then he pulled out, I am not kidding, a full set of dice made of shit. This Rando had meticulously moulded his own feces into dice. He grabbed the D20 and jumped atop the gaming table and screeched as he "rolled" the "D20" across it, leaving a smear. The GM stood up in shock and disgust before the Rando threw his other dice at the GM's face. The smell was so fucking bad it knocked the GM out and Rando started pounding his chest like a fucking gorilla, dancing around the table shouting "PAINT YOUR MINIS, PAINT YOUR MINIS, PAINT YOUR MINIS", so loud that a cop outside appearently heard him and came in right as Rando (who was pretty big) broke the gaming table from jumping on it. After that I think the GM stopped running or playing games in general and I never went back into that comic store again.
>>
what is it with you retards and incorporating 'and then he smeared his own shit everywhere' into your stories?

It wasn't funny when the retard pretended it was his brother in law shitting on the minis, and none of your 'variations' are funny either.
>>
>Claims to be lawful good but is clearly chaotic evil
>Once denounced a LG Paladin as an evil Nazi monster who was leading the party down a dark path
>Thought the entire party was plotting against him, despite metagaming enough to know that the party was not plotting against him
>The party was divided and stood on opposing sides of a war, they met beforehand as a parlay, and decided that although their opinions differed and they followed different kings, they were still friends and would not harm each other during the coming battle, when the war began, That Guy immediately targeted the Paladin and tried to kill him as quickly as possible
>Because of his actions at war, and being on the losing side, That Guy was arrested as a war criminal but the Paladin pleaded for him to not have the death penalty and instead be sentenced to serve the Paladin as to keep the party together

That Guy never showed up after a few sessions of being a slave, despite his enslavement being temporary, I even gave him an out saying the religion the Paladin followed allowed prisoners to pay their debt by becoming sworn swords of the deity. He refused to join the evil devil worshipping cult of the LG Deity. Atheist party members are the worst.
>>
>>53777913
>High as fuck 10 minutes in
>Brings his normie gf
>Always on his phone

No idea why he keeps coming
>>
>>53785957
I want to know more about this Mark fella.
>>
>>53778483
Tbh that's fucking amazing
>>
>>53785440
Fuck you.
>>
>>53778502
Tumblr had a 1MB file size limit for years, so most of the gifs from tumblr are really limited in quality and length. Recently that limit has been lifted (I don't remember to what), but most of the gifs made for tumblr that get spread around are from the limited file size days.
>>
>>53787495
I don't get how people can get like that.
My group has a gay DM.
Power bottom player.
Lesbian from North Carolina player.

Not one of them is anything like that. The fuck goes wrong for someone to make 100% of their personality about one character trait? That's the kind of mistake someone makes when making a fictional character, not their real life personality.
>>
>>53788857
Please get a npc dark angels marine to shoot him in the knees and steal all of his stuff while he's down and bleeding out.
>>
>>53792123
Truth is stranger than fiction.
>>
>>53793040
He lost an arm to a Genestealer already.
>>
>>53791128
>what is operation paper clip?
>>
>>53793140
>He thinks rocket scientists from 70+ years ago are the same as betamale whitebois posting racist shit on 4chan from their trailer
>>
File: thanks for the fave.png (15KB, 942x107px) Image search: [Google]
thanks for the fave.png
15KB, 942x107px
>>53782704
>>
>>53793168
>what is a straw man argument?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Closest to a thatguy our group has is either me or someone who plays Megumin copy and pasted every game (but thats it for complaints)
Im either blessed or a fucking horrible that guy and everyone secretly hates me
>>
I honestly don't get how half you people put up with this shit. Do you really value your time so little you'll waste countless hours with these greasy aspies?
>>
>>53793668
That's no Megumin, that's a Meguminimum.
>>
>>53793815
I'm left wondering the same thing. I know most of these stories are fake, but for the few that are real...are people so hard up for fellow gamers they'll put up with this?
>>
File: 1465007367307.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1465007367307.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>>53785440
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
>>
>>53785440
You beautiful bastard.
>>
File: 1492382559370.png (127KB, 749x267px) Image search: [Google]
1492382559370.png
127KB, 749x267px
Never really had that guy, luckily my friends play and they are normal dudes. One time when I was starting out anfd playing with coworkers (information technology) one of the guys made a temporary charater to play (the ranger got separated and transported into an orc infested town on no life and had to survive and rally any survivors) so that guy naturaly made a female who worked as a prostitute. She sold her body to the orcs inorder to stay safe. During the main rush for the gate when multiple one shot characters were dying (yelling to the ranger saying he let them down for not being there ((he missed a few sessions so this was punishment)))
>multiple people were killed
>huge failed rescue mission
>the ranger is almost at the gate
>two orcs are guarding the portcullis
>that guys character spawns near them
>Immediatly drops to her (his) knees and describes offering fellatio
>Awwwwwkward
>I kill her with the orcs and fight ranger
>he barely manages to escape (my fiat)

later tell that guy his character was a bit much and suggest he avoid that type of stuff. He laughs it off and apologizes, continues to make min/maxed semi-snowflakes but he is decent enough and understands that he needs to shut it when I put my foot down.
All in all 7/10 run
>>
>>53777913
Basically all my "That Guy"'s were just completely and utterly unable to deal with other people in the group when IRL issues arose.

Someone took more of the pizza than you felt they should have? Time to frame their character for murder!

Annoying laugh? I'm sorry, the cleric decides to heal the barely hurt wizard instead of your mortally wounded barbarian

Differing politics? I guess the shoggoth already sensed us so there's no harm in opening fire and getting the whole group slaughtered and....what do you mean I'm kicked, GM?! BUT DON'T YOU SEE, HE'S THE *REAL* PROBLEM! JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHERS!
>>
>>53793927
heh
>>
>>53777913
my party's worst player isn't even a that guy he just insists on playing bard and singing out loud be he's bad at singing. not in an endearing tenacious d way either, just shitty and can't hold a note.
>>
Angry at low rolls, can't take banter
>>
File: 1484972122852.jpg (28KB, 154x255px) Image search: [Google]
1484972122852.jpg
28KB, 154x255px
>>53777913
>That Guy loves TTRPGs because they always have more player choice than vidga
>this equates to always trying to break the setting with wacky characters
>always munchkins his characters so he can do whatever he wants
>will pitch fits OOC if the GM says no to trying to do "what the system would let him" to break the game for the 50th time
>incredibly vindictive if another player beats his character via his beloved system and will powergame his way to revenge ASAP
>will use hating that character's guts as an excuse but will completely rely on them and expect help if he can get something out of it
>rarely gets in character because there is no real character
>each IC voice sounds like him trying to sound wacky because his characters are just him OOC trying to be wacky in the setting
>always asks that we start a new campaign after three sessions

He's a Coke Classic "That Guy" but nothing can be done about it because it's just a few friends playing
>>
I wear dirty diapers to each session
>>
>>53789678
No jury in the world would convict you if you murdered a person like this.
>>
>>53781742

>not even putting in the modicum of effort necessary to come up with an original name

jesus christ how horrifying
>>
Just today.
>Player asks if their brother can join, say they can
>Player says their brother needs me to make a sheet for him
>"Ok"
>Make a character for him based on the info I was given
>Hand it to him
>"NO I DON'T WANT TO BE THIS FUCKING RACE, I WANT TO BE THE SUPREME HUMAN"
>....Okay, then change it
>"MY CHARACTER MUST BE A HUMAN. HIS GOAL IS TO KILL THE GODS AND BECOME THE ULTIMATE HUMAN."
>,,,,How do you plan to do this
>"DO NOT DOUBT MY POWER."
>Spends the entire session trying to kill the other PCs and steal their money
>Constantly ranting about killing the gods
I want him to meet the God of Death in my setting and see how quickly he realizes he can't do shit to a god.
>>
>>53778807
Take a good close look at this post...

Can you identify "That Guy"?
That's right!
That Guy was the poster all along!
>>
>>53778550
>Half-Orc Berserker, made a deal with a Devil to have five lives to live before I die for good and go to Hell.
>That Gal is an amnesiac Princess, whom I've sworn my life to
>She's the entire reason I made the deal; I died once and went to Hell, and I begged to go back to help her find her home, a lost kingdom.
>Has an incredibly short temper, and will frequently abandon us if we're doing something she deems "stupid" or "wrong".
>When asked about her philosophies, she'll say that she takes a very neutral stance on most things, but then loses her shit every time that we say anything remotely morally ambiguous.
>She's a priestess of the Goddess of the Hunt, but refuses to kill an animal, even if we're starving to death, because "they never did anything wrong".
>I honestly have no clue how she hasn't fallen from her Goddess's favor. Her Goddess is a pacifist and believes that killing should only be for survival; this bitch will straight up bash people's brains in if they so much as draw a weapon, yet won't hurt an animal to feed us, yet She still gives her divine power.
>Came across an old orc chief whose tribe had been destroyed (by us, no less; he wasn't at their camp at the time), leaving him the lone survivor. Wants to die, but his God dictates he has to die in battle to go to Paradise.
>Cont.
>>
>>53795718
>We say we'll honor this wish, and she loses her shit. "You can't let him die not when he's got so much to live for blah blah blah". We end up leaving the poor bastard behind and denying him his Paradise.
>Earlier in that journey, when we were fighting that orc's tribe, I died again.
>Fuck
>Too late now, I'll just be careful with my last three lives.
>Come back to life... She's dead, covered in blood and rot. My assassin friend is dead too, near her. Looks like he got thrown into a fucking meatgrinder.
>Rogue friend uses amulet to communicate with a necromancer we met, basically sells his soul to him to bring them back to life and whatnot.
>According to the mountain man in our group, when I died, she literally casted her "Cause Wounds" spell on her face until she fucking died.
>When I ask her, she says "You died, and I didn't want to live without you."
>She's known about my extra lives from the beginning.
>She could've healed the assassin, but she was too busy fucking herself up. He got lacerated into a pile of mush because she was throwing a temper tantrum.
>But she let the orc chief burn in Hell forever because he wanted to die
I'm not serving her anymore. I won't break my vow; I'll get her home. But from there, I am not her soldier anymore. I'll find something worthwhile to pledge my life to.
>>
>>53784557
Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.
>>
>level 6 pathfinder game
>ask my gm if I can play a aasimar he okays it
>bitchin, write up a small backstory and bring my sheets
>new guy at the table I'm unfamiliar with
>ask him what he's playing before the game starts
>orc fighter - okay man
>we start the game and DM plothooks us together
>turns out he's,not an orc, he's a human but thinks he's an orc due to a being raised by orcs
>FOR SOME REASON IN CHARACTER HE TALKS LIKE PETER FROM FAMILY GUY
>HE DOESN'T DO A GOOD IMPRESSION AND SOUNDS LIKE AN ASTHMATIC GRANDMOTHER ON HER DEATHBED
>He thinks his impression is perfect and continues to due it
>He makes family guy references in game to NPCs who all start to think he's crazy
>Our cleric convinces the NPCs 'we trained him wrong on purpose, as a joke'
>"orc" character gets very upset and wants to start a fight
>everyone else in the party holds him down
>cleric performs an exorcism
>He got upset and left
>>
>>53782441
>>53781322
>>53782108
>samefag
>>
>only plays humans unless an edgy snowflake race is available
>gets mad when he has to think for more than 20 seconds at a time
>gets mad when he doesn't instantly succeed or has to work/sacrifice something to get what he wants
>swears every second sentence
>is unironically racist against elves IRL and no matter the setting
>>
>>53792310
Do you (or anyone in the group) interact with him outside of the sessions?
>>
>>53778302
I could understand, hell, even forgive using MMO lingo, but this guy seriously needs to recontextualize how to approach an RPG.

If he won't move off of videogames, make him play Baldur's Gate or Torment or something.
>>
>>53795951
I once had a guy who insisted that he should know how much health something had left by way of a health bar, that session ended with him being physically threatened.
The events played out so ridiculously that I tend to believe crazy game stories rather than being skeptical.
>>
>>53791340
I thought Robin Williams was dead?
>>
>join a WFRP campaign
>there's a gender fluid Gamekeeper
>GM mostly ignores it, but the player occasionally asks to detect any "xhims or xhes" in public areas
>sort of treats it as a joke, but it's text and hard to tell. Poe's Law and all
>GM responds like its a joke and moves on

I just don't get why a sexual preference of "both" or "any" isn't enough. That it's a Gamekeeper makes me further think it's a joke, but I just don't get it. Why is gender being used to define what is ultimately sexual preference? It's not even a sexual campaign.

That it's bringing modern ideas into an existing setting with ancient culture is bad enough.
>>
Currently rather garden-variety:

Brother of another player, awkward to kick out
He hasn't done anything egregious enough to warrant banishment yet, but it's on the horizon
Exclusively plays edgy, superficially cool Dex-based characters that are thinly-veiled copies of his flavor-of-the-month new favorite character
>Ezio from AC
>Deathstroke
>Adam Jensen
>Samurai Jack
Doesn't use that dexterity for subtlety or precision, but just "goes fast" or "throws knife"
Attempts to use Acrobatics or the equivalent to do literally any physical action
Has absolutely no concept of risk, Leeroy Jenkins-es constantly, gets himself killed and/or severely sets us all back
>Charged an emplaced machine gun nest and tried to "jump over the stream of bullets," despite repeated warnings that this was retarded
>Publicly broadcast the party's location to an auged-up mob capo and challenged him to a duel, without asking the rest of us. We offer him a way out, he insists on a 1v1 duel, we abandon him at his own insistence, he immediately get destroyed. Blames us for it.
Throws a tantrum whenever he's affected by the actual consequences of his actions. I thought "autistic screeching" was a meme until this guy's HP hit zero. He tore out a visible tuft of his own hair in a rage once.
>>
>>53796010
That's odd.

One of our players said that they prefer they/them and we all just went "aight", moved on, and they've never brought it up since.
>>
For 4 years the guy basically just played one character, and it was a two-dimensional, annoying cunt of a character, that nobody ever liked in any variation. It just made everyone more and more annoyed until eventually we had to just cut ties for other dumb shit he did.

He was also racist. Like, incredibly confoundingly racist.

>New guy at the table is black
>Without skipping a fucking beat, this guy fucking pipes up,
>"Hey, do you know your dad?"
>"Hey, how often do you buy malt liquor"
>"Hey, is someone in your family a drug dealer"

It was actually just fucking embarrassing for the rest of us, and scared off one of our best prospective players, who then thought all of us were racists.
>>
>>53777913

>Dm's gf
>Makes different interations of the same character aka mystical magical elf(tm)
>Bends the stereotype to make characters with deep knowledge of other pcs, so as to make them instant best friends
>Does not wish to partake in character development/conflict, seeing that as irritating and "bad for her mental health"
>Does not want to move/exercise unless absolutely necessary, while still complaining her limbs hurt
>Stuffs her face with fattening foods, her hamplanet status widening with every session
>Yells at her boyfriend for no apparent reason, and seems angry/annoyed at most of the things he wants to do

As the only single in a group of 3 couples, I supposed I have no ground to stand on, but people go to fucking great lengths to stay in a relationship holy fuck
>>
>>53796083
>but people go to fucking great lengths to stay in a relationship holy fuck
Yep.

And depending on the culture you come from, you have family members demanding you stay in a relationship.

For example, being a Jewish guy,
my mom would rather I stay with this absolute bitch of a woman I'm with than actually be happy because she also happens to be a Jew.
>>
>>53777984
Goddamnit we have the same That Guy.
>>
>>53788385
>Caitlyn Jenner on gay marriage: “I’m a traditionalist. I’m older than most people in the audience. I kind of like tradition, and it’s always been a man and a woman."

Caitlyn has also said now that she's a woman she needs to starts liking men.
>>
File: breh.png (400KB, 660x346px) Image search: [Google]
breh.png
400KB, 660x346px
>>53796159
I don't even particularly mind trannies on ideological grounds. I just can't wrap my head around how dense some people can be.
>>
>>53796108

I don't know what your situation is,
but gtfo mang, there's more to life than lineage.
>>
>>53784557
Well you jewed him out of a dnd group so hes right about a few things.
>>
>>53777913
Only cares about combat, almost never pays attention when it isn't combat, and the few times that he does he actively attempts to sabotage any attempts to talk our way through a problem in the hopes of starting a fight. He also insists that he is the group leader and thus should be the one dividing up the loot, and if anyone objects he attempts to browbeat them into submitting by accusing them of holding up the game and bogging it down with drama.
>>
>>53788740
>>53788802
>He seems to have two personas, switching between retarded savage and Noble samurai

Just like real samurai!
>>
>>53788385
The Iranian government is kind of like that, Iran has programs in place to help pay for transitioning. It's mostly due to the rationale straight women who used to be men are better than gay men.
>>
>>53777913
It's the DM. I suspect he's depressed. I'd tell him to get professional help, but there's really no way to say that without being seriously insulting.

It makes him hypercritical and cynical, which bleeds through into every single NPC. I have yet to have an in-game conversation that didn't result in him/the NPC scathingly scoffing at an idea or assumption on the PC's end.
>>
>>53777913
>This guy loves "mature" characters
>All his characters have some horrifying secret that makes other characters uncomfortable with them when revealed
>Always resolves encounters in ways that are potential injurious to the rest of the party (i.e. throwing a bomb at the group of undead the Paladin is battling, or, famously, casting mass blind even though half the party will be hit as well - this one happened twice btw)
>Constructs every character to be as "fresh" as possible, even though the above two are always true
>Cannot communicate in non-video gamey terms, so he always sounds OOC when talking in character.
>In spite of this, insists on never overtly saying ability his character is using, instead telling the GM secretly and then describing
>mfw I am actually the guy
>>
>>53796054
Friendly reminder that "hey, knock it off" in a commanding tone, followed by a disapproving look against That Guy's rebuttal will deal with most casual edgelords.

But real talk, forties are nice easy sipping in the afternoon.
>>
>pick fight with everything pick and tough looking he sees
>complains when his character is constantly being beaten unconscious

it was funny when it was shit like the forest king clubbing his horse into submission WITH his character, or the giant grab he tried to cheese casually drowning him, but he's got a fixation on picking fights in-character with impossible odds despite not particularly wanting to die.

Worst offenses so far include managing to rope the party into a fight with a pair of Gnoll bandit chiefs, an Unchosen of Yeenoghu, and an Antipaladin of Urgathoa all at the same time, and actively antagonizing a being the (level 5) party had every reason to believe was an old, powerful, cunning vampire during negotiations with her, with rising implications that she was something so much worse

Only her agenda discouraging murdering conspicuous parties of adventurers saved them , but she still threatened a TPK and got the Druid killed

He also forgets nonlethal damage exists. And uses damage as a way of waking up sleeping characters. This did not end well when trying to rescue a captured NPC who only had 10 hp
>>
>>53792123
I laughed at every single one.
Go be a killjoy somewhere else.
>>
>>53796364
>uses damage as a way of waking up sleeping characters

Did he describe his own action? "I stab the sleeping man" or otherwise?
Otherwise adjudication and failures to do so properly fall on the GM.

I'm looking for more information, not to assign blame just yet.
>>
>>53796340
>mfw I am actually the guy
at a glance I read this as
>mfw I am actually gay
>>
>>53796395
His character is a caster and he casts damaging spells at people. Like Shocking Grasp.
>>
>>53786124
He is right you know.
>>
>>53796410
>His character is a caster and he casts damaging spells at people. Like Shocking Grasp.
????
Isn't summoning cold water something every caster can do?
>>
>>53796415
>we know tanks are better at being tanks. We just don't give a fuck

Personally I like Macross because those mechs are literally the best because aircraft are the best and they are aircraft.
Get fucked tankfags.
>>
>>53796433
A fucking sac tap is something anyone can do.
>>
>>53778616
you're just autismo i think
>>
>Dark Heresy 2e
>plays techpriest because of course he does
>masturbates in chat about how tanky/killy character is and will be
>burned out our post-mission loot rolls once by >wrecked our subtlety by acquiring absurdly powerful cybernetics and weapons

He's a funny fucker, all things considered, so really I can forgive him.
>>
>>53796454
>A fucking sac tap is something anyone can do.
So is shaking someone’s shoulder. But if you're going to throw magic in random people's faces, it may as well be something that doesn't cause serious injury.
>>
File: 8KeNXtEd_400x400.jpg (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
8KeNXtEd_400x400.jpg
11KB, 400x400px
>>53777913
>only person in the party who refuses to bow to the duke and thus draws unwanted attention to us all
>gets invited to a celebratory hunt as a guest of honor after we do some tasks for the inhabitants of the freehold and then immediately demands he get paid money to attend
>after she asks him to be more tactful around "important" people he out-of-nowhere accuses my child character of trying to get him killed so she could avoid paying him
>he always get on my case OOC about not just charging the enemies and attacking them even though i built a mostly social-focused character who can't take much of a beating
>if an important interaction takes too long for him and he isn't the center of it he'll not pay attention and then ask us to spend the next few minutes of the game explaining what happened (even though we play online and he could just scroll up a little to skim through what we said)
>recently he challenged the guy who we saved just a few ingame days ago to a duel in front of everyone just because he found him mildly suspicious for some reason
>got his ass beat and got kinda bitter about it
>>
>>53778868
He's died 4 times to the rest of the parties single TPK.
>>
>>53796046
You sounds like a bunch of faggots.
>>
We kicked out our That Guy a while back. Now we're faced with two problems:
>Somebody in our group will become the new That Guy
>Our group worked to contain the old That Guy who now shits up another group and when we're not hearing stories about how he's fucking up their game we're getting the evil eye for unleashing him upon the wider gaming community in the city
>>
>>53796108
Kek.
All stereotypes about Jews are true.
>>
>>53796540
Traps aren't gay, fuck off.
>>
Honestly, I'm not sure what made my group's that guy so bad. On the surface, he wasn't that different from any of the other players: being a dick in character, being antagonistic towards other players, joking around; all of this stuff was normal at my table, but something about the manner in which That Guy did it just rubbed everyone the wrong way. My regular players could be difficult, but we knew it was all in good fun; they knew when to take a hint, and when the plot started rolling, they knew to tone down the shenanigans. That Guy did not understand this, he was loud and abrasive 100% of the time and it was obnoxious to the point where it was ruining the mood of the game. Thankfully, two sessions after he joined, even the guy that vouched for him agreed That Guy was not a good fit at the table, so we kicked him out. Just goes to show that the group dynamic is king in these things, even one person not meshing well can dampen the experience for everyone.
>>
>>53777913
Man this makes me glad my party are all mostly normies.

The worst thing that's happened so far is one player complaining that his character is underpowered compared to all the rest.The thing that baffles me is that he's a full caster, so we're getting together and helping him figure out how to unfuck his build so he can play at our level.
>>
>doesn't roleplay
>never wants any story
>just wants battle after battle after battle
>can't accept that you start weak and get stronger
>thinks he can take on anything and gets mad when he can't
>>
>Come on, give us some combat, I have class soon and it's been two hours!

Direct quote.
>>
>>53777913
Sadly, the closest thing we have to a "That Guy" is my roommate.

He's not an idiot, but he is stubborn, and he is the kind of guy that looks for ANY advantage, to the point of metagaming stuff hard.
And if he does not get the advantage he thinks he should, he will bitch and bitch about the rules, or the bad rulings.

It was more bearable when I was DM'ing, because I would stomp that shit down, and he is smart enough to know how much he can get away with.
Now that our good friend is running his first ever campaign, this guy is fucking steamrolling him every chance he gets, and it is painful to watch.
Also, I caught him cheating on his hitpoint-gain when we leveled up last time.
But worst of all, he will go to any length to be passive-aggressive towards me / my character. I don't know where it comes from. We get along fine at home. Once there are other people there, he needs to prove something or some shit. So even playing a character who is by his own description a "deal old granny"- gnome wizard, he will be acidic and break character completely, just to fuck over my character for a laugh.

>I SPECIFICALLY said my character was trying to position himself to get COVER
>WTF WHY CAN'T I JUST COUP DE GRACE THIS GUY, HIS BACK WAS TURNED
>>
>>53796868
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you're using a system that devotes at least 75% of the main rulebook to combat.
>>
>>53796936
1e AD&D, so it was more like 75% spells.
>>
>>53796952
Which are primarily geared towards combat.
>>
>>53792945
>They're not like that!
>knows that 3 of his group are faggots
>knows the sexual position one of these faggots enjoys best
All faggots are the same.
>>
>>53789678
You are lying to us. Do you crave attention that much?
>>
>>53790560
are you playing 40k with a party? You're dissonant af
>>
File: 1394517148662.jpg (35KB, 479x591px) Image search: [Google]
1394517148662.jpg
35KB, 479x591px
>Player makes what is basically a sparkledog as his character
>Other players are generally normal in a standard low-fantasy campaign
>Sparkledog has high charisma and always tries to act like he's the most adorable thing ever, tries to win over the other characters and NPCs by "being cute"
>Starts to grate on everyone but isn't actually a bad guy otherwise.
>Don't want to kick him, just want him to stop being cringey
>>
>>53796956
No they aren't.
>>
File: 1435440425065.jpg (24KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1435440425065.jpg
24KB, 387x461px
Not currently that guy but has been
>Girlfriend of the guy I alternate DMing with
>Before we did tabletop she sat in on all our text RP chat rooms, but never ever participated once despite insisting on wanting to.
>Started doing tabletop, first few campaigns she was in she never participated. Getting her input was like prying teeth.
>Whenever combat rolls around, never seems to be aware of anything that's going on in the battle, never knows what to do. Even when all her character is good at is walking up to something and hitting it.
>Every. Single. Time. She declared an attack. "What dice do I use for that?"
>Lots of exaggerated heavy sighing every time she rolled low, became verbally upset if it happened too many times.
>Eventually have a calm group chat with her about how it doesn't seem like tabletop is really the kind of thing for her, she decides not to join in any more games.
>Still sat in on every single game we ran anyways, because she was practically attached to the alternate DM like a siamese twin (seriously they do EVERYTHING together and she gets depressed whenever he does something apart from her).
>>
File: 1436701731358.png (255KB, 354x367px) Image search: [Google]
1436701731358.png
255KB, 354x367px
>>53797443
(cont'd)
Jump to current day
>Starting a new laid-back campaign with low emphasis on characters and roleplaying, just a good ol' dungeon romp with magic and robots
>Everyone is just playing whatever class they like, character backgrounds are minimal because of low emphasis
>Suddenly alternate DM's girlfriend wants to join in, comes to me with some crazy complicated build that would let her play a carbon copy of a comic book character she likes, requiring all sorts of third-party bullshit I didn't approve of.
>End up denying the application, can't seem to get it through to her that the campaign is going to be low to no roleplay, she insists on wanting to roleplay as this complex character that doesn't even belong in the same genre as this campagn.
>Considering her track record, silently doubt she'd be able to roleplay as the character properly even if I DID approve it.
>Deep down, know the only reason she even wants to play at all is because she can't stand to let her bf do something without her participating as well.
>>
>>53796956
Combat rules are a single page, anon.
All editions are not equal.
>>
>>53797456
Point being..?
>>
>>53795726
>not saying Pledge my lives too

Missed opportunity, dude
>>
>>53797485
The combat is so simplistic that if you're not engaging in it for narrative reasons, you've done something horribly wrong with your campaign?

I can't call that a combat-focus. It's not FATE by any means, but a lack of rules for narrative don't mean it's not meant to revolve around a narrative.
>>
>>53796013
once again, glass o water to the face. It'll at least make him pause.
>>
I have for years now had terrible luck with players.

I now believe that the average player is incapable of: walking through town, having dinner, dancing, thanking someone for charity, letting cute girls go unraped, existing in any type of military, attending school either magical or mundane, showing any form of empathy, or carrying out a plan.
>>
>>53778483
I have kind of a similar player in my game, except I'd like to think his lack of party communication stems from lack of understanding of the game setting. We're playing Dark Heresy, and he's playing a Psyker. Throughout the entire game he's done some warp fuckery and research, but has only maybe informed the party about ten percent of what he's actually come across. Which is really fucking dumb because we know outside of the what he knows, and it's all pretty relevant, but we can't tell him to tell us, and the GMs subtle "hey maybe you should tell the party about what you've found out" just falls on deaf ears. Which accumulated into his psyker character trying to steal the daemon weapon my character has been carrying around for most of the game, and only when his escape plan doesn't go perfectly he simply says "I'm the one that should be carrying it, I have the highest willpower." If the GM hadn't broken the action order, I was just going to have him gunned down as he tried to run away. I'm fairly certain the GM did it on purpose, but man...
>>
>>53792123
It's summer, man. It brings out the minors and newfags
>>
>>53792171
>Atheist party members are the worst.
Preach it brother!
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>53790756
>>53790781
>newfag claiming oldfag status

Listen here turbonigger anyone can use the internet to dig up dead memes for 4chan to make their posting style check out. Fuck off back to brawl hall or whatever site that was that AR blasted inside out 20 years ago.
>>
>>53796340
>ywn have a face
>feelsbadman
>>
>Dark Heresy campaign
>pretty far leaning towards Radicalism
>Party as it stands is a mutant wyrdling scum, a near-heretek techpriest, an adept obsessed with daemonology, and a denounced and condemned SoB
>GM decides a fifth player would round things out
>Invites his friend
>Friend immediately makes a monodominant cleric redemptionist
I don't know whether he's 'that guy' or not but it's setting off some red flags that he specifically created a character that would want to kill every other group member.
>>
>>53777984
"You could have made any character you like, but you chose to make a character that is actively disruptive. The decision to make a character that steals from the party/attacks innocent people/generally causes trouble was yours alone, nobody is forcing you to play that character. Their actions are still your responsibility."
>>
>>53798319
>reddit spacing
>first hit is roblox
>second hit is know your meme
you sound really mad dude, wtf?
>>
>>53796083
>hamplanet
I had a situation like this too. The DM's wife was going to school to be a psychologist, but was herself an immature attention-whore, constantly vying for the DM's attention and literally crying during any emotional scenes to draw attention to herself. Players stopped showing up after a few sessions.

My current theory is that whatever wiring is in women's heads that makes them jealous of men having fun with other men is ten times worse in fat women who question the strength of their relationship to their husbands/boyfriends.
>>
>>53795755
Sounds like you got a pretty powerful cleric, that's a helluva exorcism.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.