[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I find ALL the DnD-like games? (not DnD versions or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: poly610.jpg (117KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
poly610.jpg
117KB, 610x343px
Where do I find ALL the DnD-like games? (not DnD versions or campaigns)

1.Other games similar to DnD (commercial or fan-made e.g. Dungeon World)
2.Alternative or "unofficial" DnD rules
3.Other cool table-top games even if vastly different gameplay from DnD
>>
File: roll20.png (162KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
roll20.png
162KB, 500x714px
>>53777286
Linger around /tg/ for a while? A thread where people list their favorite games can be helpful. I don't know of any sort of comprehensive list of RPGs, and even if there were, it would either have too many games on it (many very obscure) to be very useful, or there would be controversy over which games got included or excluded.

The OSR thread can clue you in to the various retroclones and old-school D&D-based games. A partial list of OSR is here too: http://taxidermicowlbear.weebly.com/dd-retroclones.html

Looking over gaming stats for places like Roll20 might be helpful too (see pic), though one thing you'll learn is how much a few games dominate the market, so while you may find the games most folks are playing, you're not going to see most of the games that folks are playing, if you see what I'm saying. Most games won't get a mention.
>>
>>53777286
Your question doesn't make much sense.
Not to mention that Dungeon World doesn't fit into any of these three categories.
>>
>>53777286
I remember a google doc with all of the D&D "retroclones" in it, but can't find it.
>>
>>53777286
Search the catalog for a PDF thread, it's a treasure trove of rulebooks for all sorts of systems.

>>>/tg/PDF
>>
File: D&D and retroclone tree.gif (641KB, 3992x3536px) Image search: [Google]
D&D and retroclone tree.gif
641KB, 3992x3536px
>>53777553
I don't know about that, but there's this thing, which is admittedly very far from comprehensive.
>>
>>53777286

You're going to want to narrow your question a little bit. 'All tabletop RPGs' is... kind of a lot. Even if you just narrow it down to 'games with published, physical books' it's still hundreds, probably thousands. Even pruning THAT further down to 'clones, in some way, shape or form, of DnD' will still get you a few dozen games.

>>53777577 is a probably bewildering but not inaccurate picture, and >>53777562 is an equally good but more scattershot approach. Try to re-think your question, and narrow the scope a little bit.
>>
>>53777577

It's worth noting that even the titles on here that look like a joke (Dark Dungeons > Darker Dungeons > Darkest Dungeons) are very real games.
>>
>>53777536

Oh, and beware of any answer like this. People who make unilateral statements about a system are very often demonstrating a deeply personal bias. Investigate any claims they make as objective just as thoroughly as you would any of the more subjectively framed opinions presented.

This is good advice in general, really.
>>
>>53778409
Though Darkest Dungeons is apparently now called Blood, Guts & Glory.
>>
>>53778458

Oh, is it? Huh. That's kind of a shame, I liked the weird little thing they had going.
>>
>>53778462
Never mind. I'm getting conflicting info. One place says Blood, Guts & Glory was formerly known as Darkest Dungeons, and another place has what is apparently the author's quote that BGG is being canceled, but the work that went into it will carry over to Dark Dungeons, Darker Dungeons, and Darkest Dungeons. So... *shrug*
>>
>>53778510
Dark~ Dungeons is a popular name because of Chick's Dark Dungeons, so I would not be surprised if there were multiple games that used that name then changed it when they realized there's already another game with that name.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.