[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Touhou RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 84

How does one run a game set in Gensokyo?
>>
What are they doing?
>>
>>53772088
You don't.
>>
>>53772691
NM, iqdb actually answered that.
>>
>>53772088
>>/pfg/
>>/pgg/
>>
>>53772724
Pathfinder doesn't really fit Touhou in my experience.
>>
>>53772088
Use Call of Cthulhu, since humans facing youkai makes it a horror game.
>>
>>53772088
Depends entirely on what sort of game you want it to be. What did you have in mind?
>>
There are several Touhou-based roleplaying games already. Pick one of them.

>>53773608
The joke is that you post Touhou in the pathfinder threads.
>>
>>53772088
Touhou is not a very good fit for RPGs. Definitely not for players who are used to D&D. The politics of Gensokyo are such that you can't act above a certain scale without provoking a lot of powerful NPCs to go after you.

Yes, most fights in Gensokyo are non-lethal duels, but most of the cast can and will escalate to lethal force if they think things are serious enough, and if PCs want to be larger-than-life heroes then things will get serious very quickly.
>>
>>53774070
I recall somebody mentioning that Don't Rest Your Head would make a great conversion for a horror themed Touhou game.
Don't think anybody actually made a full conversion, but somebody did come with a great name for it: Can't Sleep, Lolis Will Eat You.
>>
>>53772088

Many have tried and failed terribly. >>53777510 is part of the reason, the other part of the reason is that it takes the ability to simulate modern technology to truely do Gensokyo justice as its set in the 21st century, which puts it into GURPS/d20 modern territory and we all know what everybody feels about that.

The best way it would work would be if you had the ability to roleplay AS actual Touhou characters, like someone controlling Reimu and Marisa and such.
>>
Isn't there a character who's power is "floating" and she can "float" above the rules of physics and just do whatever the fuck she wants or something?

It sounds like a one shot where you give each player power over a 1-3 word concept and just play MAIDrpg.
>>
>>53772088
first you GHOST yourself then you appear there with no penis and no butthole
>>
>>53777999
That's the main character for the majority of the games, Reimu.

Anyway, yeah, games where you just write down a few concepts and then can attempt actions based on those concepts would be best, like MAID or maybe some modified FATE, RISUS, etc.

>>53777843
There's never a "need" to simulate technology. It exists. It works. Do you really want to stat out an M16 instead of just saying "well, it basically a bullet hell of X difficulty with lead instead of magic"?
>>
>>53777843
It takes a special kind of retard to think technology needs to be "simulated"
>>
>>53778104

Name one system that does "modern-day fantasy" correctly.
>>
>>53778226

Call of Cuthulu, which might do an okay job at simulating Touhou so long as you're playing a human or fairy.

>>53778039
For Reimu and Yukari and the Watatsuki sisters you can simply go the route that most fangames (and Zun himself) goes and say "they can't use their powers that way because it breaks the story" with a vague allusion to a higher-tier god coming down and stripping them of their abilities.
>>
>>53777510
GM fiat can fix that. Reimu can't intervene because she caught the measels and the PCs have to fill in her place while she recovers. hat's a good enough start to a plot as any!

>>53778254
If you want to take a Dolls in Pseudo Paradise kind if approch I guess, that would be the way to do it, but I think Gensokyo is more like Exalted where you have fairies and non-miko humans on one side who have to use their wits and creative application of their limited resources and abilities to avoid lethal situations in the first place and youkai and "humans" that are effectively transhumans like Reimu and the Lunarians who are larger than life and can wipe out the former in theory but in practice are bound by the red tape of Gensokyo's political landscape and thus need to use their abilities creatively or get exterminated. This is a demonstrator of why the Spellcard System was originally made, so non-lethal dueling could be an option for those who physically stand no chance against their adversaries, and any high-powered character who refused to follow the system would be hunted down by Reimu and destroyed. But I suppose more people would rather play the youkai with flashy abilities than a bunch of humans that would struggle to take on Rumia 4-1, which is why most games are geared towards depicting the latter rather than the former, though it highlights the problem with Flowers in that it assumes Danmaku is the ONLY type of combat which greatly hampers the type of campaigns you can have.

Really, the only time Gensokyo and the Modern World intersect with each other are the conflicts on the Moon, so just pulling a few statblocks for small arms should be good enough unless you're deliberately including technology in your campaign, which is admittedly a common fan trope and given credance by ZUN from his description of the Outside World of the future being resource-hungry and on the verge of ecological collapse.
>>
>>53778226
Monsters and Other Childish Things
>>
>>53772088
>>
>>53778226
[INSERT GENERIC SYSTEM HERE], because I have no idea what definition of correctly you're working off.
>>
Can't Golden Sky Stories work?
>>
>>53778953
>2hu
>being nice to people

Doesn't compute. Reimu thinks she got every right to plunder your house after she beat your dog with a stick and she's one of the least monstrous creatures in that dimension...
>>
>>53778723
Okay, this seems pretty legit. I like the guys candor when he says this isn't any groundbreaking shit, its just supposed to do its thing.

>>53779098
Least monstrous, most belligerent. Reimu's the outlier on that one. Poor tojiko got her ass beat, her book stolen, sold at kourindou, and then had marisa steal it again, all because reimu decided "Fuck that girl". Generally speaking, most 2hu's are perfectly reasonable people. Mystia and mokou run food stands, keine and mamizou among others live in the human village, everyone at myouren temple is pro-human/youkai relations.

Frankly, the ones you really need to worry about stick to their own areas. Tengu are somewhat belligerent, but stay in their territory. The SDM residents range from nice to insane, but you could probably hold a conversation with meiling easily enough if you don't try to go in. underground dwellers stay underground usually.

Most fairies are near harmless.

While the "Monstrous beings as cute girls" thing does still leave the monstrous part, they are for the most part reasonable people.
>>
File: Touhou Sangetsusei.jpg (251KB, 869x1242px) Image search: [Google]
Touhou Sangetsusei.jpg
251KB, 869x1242px
>>53777510
>>53772088
All the PCs are fairies. They're expected to be small-scale and lolrandum because they're basically kids, and also they can't permanently die.
>>
File: Reimu.png (310KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
Reimu.png
310KB, 640x720px
>>53777999
>Isn't there a character who's power is "floating" and she can "float" above the rules of physics and just do whatever the fuck she wants or something?
By nature, Reimu is super in-tune with the world around her. She has amazing instincts and is good at finding the path of least resistance to her problems. However, Reimu is also kind of greedy and lazy, and whenever she gets distracted by that she tends to act really dumb and make a fool of herself. Reimu going into full Serious Business mode doesn't happen very often, but when it does it's terrifying.

That "float away from reality" thing is just Reimu emptying her mind and going into a trance where she follows her instincts completely, to the point where she can dodge things and aim her attacks at you even when it doesn't make sense. In formal duels, she has to set a time limit on it or it's considered an illegal move.
>>
>>53779342
>While the "Monstrous beings as cute girls" thing does still leave the monstrous part, they are for the most part reasonable people.
ZUN was asked which Touhou character he'd go to a hot spring with, if he could. He answered that Reimu and Marisa were the only choices where he could be sure his life wasn't in danger.

In practice most named youkai just act vaguely sinister while trash-talking about eating humans, because they have at least a vague sense of how humans and youkai in Gensokyo are dependent on each other. However, some youkai are either too young or too old to know better, and will genuinely try to kill you. Others will "play pranks" and kill people without meaning to. And if you're an outsider rather than a Gensokyo native (which PCs might be) then you're not protected by the treaties, meaning there are way fewer consequences for attacking you.
>>
>>53780724
As far as the games and extra material go, the only humans being eaten are those Yukari brings in from the outside world, who "won't be missed by anyone".
>>
>>53772088
>that Mystia
The fuck?
>>
>>53775223
The party plays as your standard Touhou characters and have to solve an incident. it would be fun to have all sorts of colorful characters do things.
>>
>>53782599
Maid RPG or Golden Sky Stories would do you well.
>>
>>53785530
Neither really fit Touhou though. Maid RPG is more of a comedy one shot deal, while Golden Sky Stories is entirely non confrontational.
>>
>>53785968
have you read any of the manga?

A lot of those are comedy slice of life shit.
>>
>>53786086
Yeah, but for solving incidents as I mentioned (Not unlike in the games) that wouldn't really work.
>>
>>53786119
i could see it working using maid RPG as a base

Not all incidents are high key enough to actually have people go out of their way to fuck you up.

Maybe everyone is a group of fairies or some shit being led around by cirno, as an example.
>>
>>53786195
I could see homebrew working I suppose, but that system isn't built for incidents like the ones in the games at all.
>>
>>53782599
Just use (insert generic system that supports supers here). The invesgiation process itself is mostly divorced from mechanics (you can lift GUMSHOE's investigation "mechanics" wholesale and adjust to any system) beyond the interpretation of clues which, again, can be boiled down to "roll a skill/an attribute relevant to your training/background, success gives you hints to the uses of the clue." And then you have a more detailed system that can handle superpowers and how they interact with the world. Touhou would be best served with descriptive mechanics for powers in that department. Danmaku would just be a contest of skills, maybe with mechanical assistance from whatever superpowers your character has.
>>
>>53785968
>Maid RPG is more of a comedy one shot deal
You should read the scenarios in the back of the book, they intend for you to be able to drift off from that pretty hard.
>>
File: Le_Fortune_Man.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Le_Fortune_Man.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>53780724

Given recent developments, I'd shorten that to just Marisa, as Reimu has gone off her rocker somewhat since that question was last asked.
>>
>>53779342
>mokou run food stands
That was a lie she made up to avoid getting in trouble for burning down a forest during one of her fights with Kaguya.
>everyone at myouren temple is pro-human/youkai relations.
In the sense that they are all youkai supremacists, yeah.
>>
>>53787798
That guy was breaking the rules that keep Gensokyo from falling apart and everyone from killing each other.
>>
>>53788254
Toast pls go and stay go
>>
File: 1415584689293.jpg (34KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1415584689293.jpg
34KB, 348x342px
>>53788346
>>
>>53788370
I'm saying he's a taoist for slandering myouren temple.
>>
>>53788413
You said Toast, not Taoist. I thought I was being called bread for some reason.
>>
>>53788458
its a joke from a couple images that float around.

One of em says something to the effect of "Buddhism, Butter than toast" or something.
>>
>>53788483
I was unfamiliar with this joke.
>>
>>53788537
wish i had the image, but i haven't been able to find it for a while.

I might be able to if i troll /jp/ long enough, but i'm not sure its worth the effort
>>
>>53788582
Being on /jp/ is never worth the effort. This coming from someone talking about their home board.
>>
>>
File: 1496373882460.jpg (106KB, 560x510px) Image search: [Google]
1496373882460.jpg
106KB, 560x510px
>>53788650
/jp/ music thread is absolutely fine. probably wouldn't be able to find a couple vinyl tracks without it.
>>
>>53778723
I haven't read this one, hopefully it's not shit, but let me warn you, the other touhou pdf floating around is pretty bad, don't try running it. Or maybe it was just a poor translation
>>
>>53790051
giving it a cursory glance, as a system its not terrible

Its pretty rules light, specifically advises you to smack down special snowflake relations with existing characters, and seems to have a fair grasp on what people latch onto in touhou.

Like i said though, thats with a cursory glance
>>
>>53790173
>specifically advises you to smack down special snowflake relations with existing characters
>seems to have a fair grasp on what people latch onto in touhou.
Those seems to be contradictory, as what draws most people I know to Touhou as a setting IS the characters.
>>
>>53790594

I guess what it means is that you can't start out as Reimu's lover or something equally ridiculous and if you want to build relations with the characters you have to socialize with them in-game.
>>
>>53790594
You misinterpret what i meant.

By special snowflake relations, i mean being satori's other lost sister or some fanfic bullshit like that. Casually knowing someone is fine. Having some integral relation is generally discouraged.

As for the second part, i meant what people latch onto on a character to character basis. Fashion, abilities, things like that.

>>53790719
this is pretty accurate.
>>
File: 4c32789d1f20fef328a337d6419b5474.jpg (453KB, 1058x1496px) Image search: [Google]
4c32789d1f20fef328a337d6419b5474.jpg
453KB, 1058x1496px
>>
Would Strike! work for Touhou?
>>
>>53794080
It seems like a lot of systems could work as long as they didn't care too much about simulating danmaku.
>>
>>53794080
Actually, yes. It is a broad generic system that emphasizes the crazy fighting. Not exactly danmaku, but it would work.
>>
>>53794102

You could always weld one of the danmaku systems onto an existing one for variable combat scenarios. The issue is blending the two together, like say using danmaku as a distraction while chaining it with lethal attacks.
>>
>>53794226
Wait, are there any rpgs that actually try to simulate danmaku? Tell me more.
>>
>>53794250
The Flowers RPG.
>>
>>53788650
this so much

I used to be a /jp/sie but it was a lot of work, and once I got a job I essentially had two full time efforts (full time job while also full time NEET). I couldn't keep up with it.

I miss talking to Saten-anon and wtH-kun though
>>
>>53795804
>Full time job while also full time NEET

You realize those are mutually exclusive right?
>>
>>53785968
>Neither really fit, though.
Come on, Maid would be perfect for playing a group of the fairy maids working at Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>>
>>53780174
This... is actually a very good idea. I wish my friends would be on board with it, but I doubt it.
It just sounds so damn fun. PCs could all be Three Mischievous/Cirno/Daiyousei level fairies, which actually only got to that level of power because they're somehow misguided in the logic that they're heroes from a generic RPG game or something, so they spent a serious amount of time fighting animals and other fairies to get stronger.

And the campaign amounts to doing whatever they feel is righteous while fighting epics battles against very low level people that they think are big game (insert stage 1-2 bosses or custom NPCs) before someone "impossibly powerful" comes along (like Chen or Momiji) and party wipes.

Other fun thing is that they could also be recruited to work for a very powerful individual for "greater good". In essence, they'd be serving as a 3rd~4th stage boss and have to try and fight off everyone that goes to resolve the incident. If they avoided contact with Reimu until then, now would be the time for it to happen.

But I don't think my friends like underdog stories even half as much as I do.
>>
>>53798127
>But I don't think my friends like underdog stories even half as much as I do.
Fairies aren't underdogs, they're fodder. Even the strongest Fairy native to Gensokyo, Cirno, has a losing record, and no other Gensokian Fairy even comes close to her. An underdog story ends with the underdog overcoming the odds and winning. Cirno is Gensokyo's underdog, as shown in Great Fairy Wars where, despite all odds she pulls off a win against Marisa. Anything weaker than her is, as I said, just fodder.
>>
>>53772088
GURPS
>>
>>53798272
Cirno's still fodder. Even fodder gets lucky sometimes as proven by the dice gods hating you. Marisa just got nothing but critical fails and Cirno got nothing but critical successes.
>>
File: reimu_is_not_amused.png (255KB, 900x753px) Image search: [Google]
reimu_is_not_amused.png
255KB, 900x753px
>>53798272
I'm aware of that, fellow anon, hence why I said they'd be Cirno-level fairies. Maybe not start as powerful as Cirno - but get to her power level as they gained levels. Honestly, they'd still be fodder even at their strongest.
Thus, it'd be an underdog story. And even then, if they could somehow get to defeat someone as powerful as Marisa, they'd only be able to do it because they would be fighting party vs one battles. And don't even think they could possibly hope to defeat Reimu, nor 6th/EX stage bosses.

I think that if anything, it would be a fun "final battle moment" if they were fighting Reimu on the point they're pretty much as powerful as they can get, and after giving it their all, managed to hit her -
... only to find out all they did was force her to use a death bomb, and she gets rightfully angry for being inattentive and wasting a bomb. She then proceeds to go serious on them.
>Cue to them respawning later, wondering why their memories cut out after she said "get serious"
>>
>>53800243
>Even fodder gets lucky sometimes
No they don't. Nothing that is "fodder" can win in a 1v1 situation against something that isn't. That's why they are fodder.
>>
>>53800299
>hence why I said they'd be Cirno-level fairies
I don't think you understand the difference between Cirno and other fairies. The Three Fairies of Light are some of the strongest not-Cirno Faries in Gensokyo. And Cirno took them out in a 3v1.

> Honestly, they'd still be fodder even at their strongest.
>Thus, it'd be an underdog story.
Fodder exists ONLY to get it's ass kicked. A protagonist like that doesn't make for an Underdog Story, it makes for a Tragedy.

>I think that if anything, it would be a fun "final battle moment" if they were fighting Reimu on the point they're pretty much as powerful as they can get, and after giving it their all, managed to hit her -
>... only to find out all they did was force her to use a death bomb, and she gets rightfully angry for being inattentive and wasting a bomb. She then proceeds to go serious on them.
If that's you idea of a fun final battle, LOSING, I can see why your friends don't agree. Again, Underdog Stories have the weaker character WINNING against the stronger foe. If they try their hardest and still fail, it's a Tragedy.
>>
>>53800243
She has been recognized as strong by both marisa AND a yama, taken on her natural enemy and fucked off to fight a giant exploding doll later, and is also a playable character in the up and coming game.

Like fuck she's just fodder.
>>
>>53800426
>your idea is BADWRONGFUN and I don't like it
>>
>>53800473
I said that labeling a story that ends in Tragedy as an Underdog story is disingenuous, and that I could understand why his friends WOULDN'T find it fun.
I never said he couldn't.
>>
File: I wrong.jpg (36KB, 392x418px) Image search: [Google]
I wrong.jpg
36KB, 392x418px
>>53800426
I understand that Cirno is way ahead of all others, mate, I beat GFW's extra too.
Didn't mean to get you angry by listing her alongside Sunny/Star/Luna and Daiyousei. I meant these as examples of above average fairies. Could as well as list Lily White here, too.

I see you're picking on me for the use of the terms "underdog" and "fodder", well then I may have used them incorrectly anon. No harm done. Then what I want is a tragedy, the way you put it.

And as I said, I got the idea from the other anon in this thread, didn't propose it to my friends yet.
The reason why I think they wouldn't agree with this is because while they want to play a 2hu RPG, powergamers as they are, they want to be on the level of Yukari and Shiki.
They'd disagree with being fairies or common youkai/humans in principle. And managing beings stronger than that is not something I'm comfortable running.

That's all.
>>
>>53800507
It's not really tragedy though. They're fairies. If they fail (and they will), they're just get back up and either try again or do something else.
>>
>>53800759
>they want to be on the level of Yukari and Shiki.
That sounds just as ridiculous to me as playing a bunch of faries.
A touhou game should be about going around solving incidents and SoL shenanigans, and as such you should be on the same level as the protagonists, ie. Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Youmu, and Sanae.

>>53800876
Sure, except he mentioned the fight with Reimu being the FINAL battle. As in the end of the campaign. Losing that may not be a tragedy for the fairy characters, but it would be for the players.
>>
I think we've all forgotten the most important part of running a game in Gensokyo.
>>
File: 70dbf36deddee70aaf2d99355a61a74a.jpg (470KB, 800x1142px) Image search: [Google]
70dbf36deddee70aaf2d99355a61a74a.jpg
470KB, 800x1142px
>>
>>53803239
tenshi a best
yukari a worst
>>
File: 1700160.jpg (164KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1700160.jpg
164KB, 850x850px
>>53804834
>Implying

She isn't even best sword user
>>
>>53772088
Lots of tea and cookies.
>>
>>53804947
Youmu's sword isn't even a laser, how is she supposed to compete with that boring old thing?
>>
File: Youmu 24.jpg (507KB, 710x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Youmu 24.jpg
507KB, 710x1000px
>>53805031
Because she can do slash at eternity without external magical help, or even using myon as a springboard.

Your move.
>>
File: whos.jpg (36KB, 250x360px) Image search: [Google]
whos.jpg
36KB, 250x360px
>>53804947
>best sword user

Excuse me
>>
File: dbe9c599f4c7bc9c20bbe42d584d2ae6.jpg (518KB, 1026x1419px) Image search: [Google]
dbe9c599f4c7bc9c20bbe42d584d2ae6.jpg
518KB, 1026x1419px
>>53805093
Tenshi's sword can assume whatever shape give her the greatest advantage against her opponent. She always has the edge in combat, except against cheaters like Yukari.

Furthermore, Tenshi and Youmu have fought two times.
The first time, Tenshi was holding back as part of her plan.
The second time she beat Youmu's ass.
>>53805100
Please, you're barely canon.
>>
>>53805167
>tenshi's sword can assume whatever

no it can't. It's only ever worked like a torch lighter or a lazer. Thats two things and one is a natural progression of the other. It can float on its own, which is cool, but the rest of her crap comes from her keystone.

Besides, tenshi can hardly be called a proper swordsman. She swings the thing more like a club than anything.

If it was a straight up sword V sword fight, tenshi'd lose hands down. Without tenshi's magic bullshit, how well do you think she'd fare?
>>
File: 1466123495788.gif (96KB, 535x262px) Image search: [Google]
1466123495788.gif
96KB, 535x262px
>>53780174
This, though I don't think you have to necessarily be limited to fairies the only Touhou party I could see working is low-level characters. The actual high-level characters are so powerful that pissing them off would spiral a game out of control into Impossible Spell Card territory (which seemed to actually not work out that bad for Seija since she survived, and just lost all her allies in the process of her rebellion which would probably happen anyway, but unless this is the finale of a campaign I can't see that being desirable for a party).
The right player could handle a higher-leveled character well if they play appropriately and adopt the standard "don't rock the boat" mindset found in Gensokyo, but with the average party of murderhobos you'd have to be weak enough that murderhobo-ing wouldn't be more than a mild annoyance to the characters that can fuck you up like Reimu or the super-powerful youkai. I'm thinking average Stage 3 boss power level at the absolute highest.
>>
>>53805334
Why are you trying to limit it to swords, when no fight in the series is ever like that?
>>
>>53805479
Because i said she isn't best sword user. >>53804947

The only reason i didn't specify "Swordsman" specifically is that they aren't men.
>>
Youmu is slightly better than Tenshi in soku so Youmu is better.
>>
File: Her Divine Majesty.png (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Her Divine Majesty.png
1MB, 1500x1000px
>>53805031
>>53804947
To be honest, I really really like Tashi-sama's light swords.
>>
>>53805542
She can be the best sword user buried under a giant rock.
>>
>>53805354

So, humans and fairies and maybe low-leveled youkai if you can keep them from eating the humans?
>>
>>53805354
I think that misses the point of a Touhou game, which is resolve incidents with vague powers that might be absolute bullshit depending on how you interpret them. If you're not doing that, why are playing in Gensokyo? That is what makes Touhou so unique, trying to downplay it by making the players fairies, or at Yukari level where they don't even have to try, seems like you're cutting yourself off from most of what the setting offers.
>>
>>53798272
It shouldn't be about raw power, it should be about figuring out your limitations and working within them to persevere in your tasks IN SPITE of being weak. What makes Cirno the strongest isn't necessarily anything physical, it's the fact that she takes the time to refine her fighting technique as the situation demands exploits the vulnerabilities of her targets. Oni able to crush you with her pinky finger? Don't fight her in a melee, bombard her from a distance with ice! Marisa able to destroy you with a laser? Since she's human, her stamina is limited allowing her to be worn down through a pitched battle. Hell Raven? Chain attacks to keep her from ever firing her cannon.

For someone who gets called an idiot a lot, Cirno has to fight intelligently in order to actually accomplish anything because the power gap between her and everyone else is just that huge, but it also proves that a "fodder" character is capable of competing with the major players on some level if they're willing to put the effort.

A counter example is the Seven Honest Men (thieves) who were arguably stronger than Cirno who found themselves picked off by a pair of youkai because they didn't act intelligently and couldn't reach an agreement on what to do among themselves. They are how a low leveled party should not act in Gensokyo.
>>
>>53806505

On an additional note, Watatsuki no Yorihime, a Lunarian general who managed to accomplish the otherwise thought impossible task of defeating both Reimu and Yukari in a single sitting, found herself defeated by a simple pit trap; something that just about any human could set up. Along with the fact that the Lunarians were losing ground to fairies, this highlights that nobody is "harmless" in the setting, and a clever person can be as dangerous to the heavy hitters as a high-leveled youkai, if not more because those type of characters often barely register as existing to the them.
>>
File: 1471813016372.jpg (65KB, 636x765px) Image search: [Google]
1471813016372.jpg
65KB, 636x765px
>>53788286
Those rules only exist to try and keep humans readily available as a helpless food supply. Humans need to cast off their shackles and ascend so they can fight off their masters.
>>
>>53806419
Well we know from Touhou 16 and Alolan Cirno being a playable character that being low-powered doesn't keep you from stopping incidents.
>>
File: Memeah.png (27KB, 123x112px) Image search: [Google]
Memeah.png
27KB, 123x112px
Touhou from:

>Protagonists' PoV: Exalted
>Human Villagers' PoV: Warhammer Fantasy RPG
>Outsider Worlders' PoV: Dark Heresy
>Fairies' PoV: Maid RPG
>>
>>53806717
The Yama said in PoFV that Cirno was so strong she almost wasn't even a fairy anymore. She can take on 3 other fairies that are considered strong by fairy standards at once. She can survive the heat of a nuclear reactor despite being made of ice. Cirno is MANY things, low-powered is not one of them.
She is not, as she claims, the strongest, but saying she is weak is flat out wrong on every level.
>>
File: 1486327374944.png (10KB, 770x289px) Image search: [Google]
1486327374944.png
10KB, 770x289px
>>53806854
Man, I don't know. Yeah I know she's abnormally strong for a fairy, but she's still not at the level of Reimu/Marisa/Aya, even if she put up a decent fight against Marisa.
>>
File: Face of Despair.jpg (233KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Face of Despair.jpg
233KB, 1680x1050px
>>53772088
>How does one run a game set in Gensokyo?
If your character isn't like pic related by the end, then you fucked up
>>
>>53806854

Again, look at how she faced those threats. She didn't use physical strength to defeat any of them, but shrewd tactics and skilled use of her abilities such as developing bullet freezing, and she's not made of ice beyond her wings. Her biggest asset is that unlike most fairies, she's capable of learning, and that is what makes her almost not a fairy, because fairies are supposed to have short memory spans and forget after a while. Her entry in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense mentions that her danger against humans is relatively low as even though she could freeze a person solid and has mastered the ability of freezing projectiles, a person could likewise distract her with and riddle and dispatch her using deception, as physically she really is weaker than your average human in spite of her abilities to spit ice like a machine gun.

Sumireko Usami, a highschooler with psychic abilities, is yet another example of a weak character managing to start an incident because unlike most outsiders she was partially prepared for Gensokyo and stocked up on tools and devices that would have a local effect on the youkai population, allowing her to start a one-woman rampage until Reimu herself got involved and put a stop to her.

It's all STR vs. INT, with some characters falling on the STR side and others on the INT. Which one you want to be depends on your play-style and whether you want to be Miko Superman or Fairy Batman. It's like how Kazuma Satou of Konosuba is capable of functioning on an even footing with the rest of his party and can defeat 2/3 of them in spite of his absolutely wretched physical stats.
>>
>>53807112
>Sumireko Usami
Isn't she that one character who wasn't scared of Youkai and defeated several of them and all of them threw a hissy fit because
>Muh Youkai Master race
>>
>>53807158
yeah, and then they scared the ever living fuck out of her when she came to gensokyo proper
>>
>>53807158
They threw a hissy fit because someone from the outside world was trying to break the barrier to Gensokyo, which would have basically killed all the youkai.
>>
File: 9e5a95cafa070aa89860fd4e629ddabc.jpg (969KB, 750x1200px) Image search: [Google]
9e5a95cafa070aa89860fd4e629ddabc.jpg
969KB, 750x1200px
>>53807112
>Again, look at how she faced those threats.
Eiki's evaluation of her strength happened before they fought. She was told by the Yama if she did not stop getting stronger she would stop being a fairy, lose her connection to nature that lets her respawn infinitely, and become subject to the same laws of death that governs most of the rest of the cast.
>>
>>53807158
>Isn't she that one character who wasn't scared of Youkai and defeated several of them and all of them threw a hissy fit because
She wasn't scared because the way she was travelling to Gensokyo meant they couldn't really harm her. Then Mamizou tricks her into entering Gensokyo properly, and everyone proceeds to scare the living daylights out of her.
>>
>>53807285

But she's still a fairy as far as we know, so evidently she hasn't gotten any stronger physically since their encounter, but is undoubtedly more competent than that time as now she's able to solve incidents on her own power.
>>
>>53807206
>>53807218
>>53807347
Then she tried to kill herself with an attack that would definitely kill every Youkai. How Smart
>>
File: 4a9c25c65ae30eeb3f9d4cf53c7ac64b.jpg (700KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
4a9c25c65ae30eeb3f9d4cf53c7ac64b.jpg
700KB, 1000x1300px
>>53807363
I'm not saying she has. I'm saying she was already at that time stronger than you are implying she is. Remember, to get to the Yama to begin with, she had to get through

>Mystia
>Lyrica
>One of Sakuya/Tewi
>One of Sakuya/Tewi/Youmu/Marisa/Reimu
>One of Sakuya/Tewi/Youmu/Marisa/Reimu
>Reisen
>Aya
>Yuuka
This was early on, before she had a chance to develop all those clever strategies you're talking about. She's even called Baka in the instruction manual.
>>
File: 96b777b794d6c0f1329905c6ac5c52da.jpg (738KB, 3507x2480px) Image search: [Google]
96b777b794d6c0f1329905c6ac5c52da.jpg
738KB, 3507x2480px
>>53807443
Renko, Mary, quit messing with the timeline.
>>
>>53778723
I should probably give this a try, I want to play a tsukumogami so much.
>>
File: 5e7ac8f0664a759973291888ae62e430.jpg (337KB, 3609x4005px) Image search: [Google]
5e7ac8f0664a759973291888ae62e430.jpg
337KB, 3609x4005px
>>53807698
>>
>>53807578

Is Sumi supposed to be Renko's mom?
>>
>>53807993
the connection is unclear, but they are related.

Renko is probably a grandchild or something, considering the year she's in. They are like, 50 years in the future or some shit
>>
File: TH_Sealing_Club_timeline.png (146KB, 840x924px) Image search: [Google]
TH_Sealing_Club_timeline.png
146KB, 840x924px
>>53808072
>They are like, 50 years in the future or some shit
>>
>>53808248
okay, i was off by about a 80 years.

So sue me.
>>
File: 4d0974048ef9d389c830b490067521ad.jpg (400KB, 858x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4d0974048ef9d389c830b490067521ad.jpg
400KB, 858x1200px
>>
File: 1431274907948.jpg (227KB, 1445x983px) Image search: [Google]
1431274907948.jpg
227KB, 1445x983px
>>
>>
>>53812142
DID SHE JUST
>>
>>53812142
>when you try to avoid going to the doctor
>>
What about Kamigakari?
>>
>>53812327
As the guy making the threads for that, it wouldn't be impossible.

It would require some jury rigging for specific characters like alice, but overall its episodic nature works more or less like an incident, and some of the style's may as well be ripped straight from touhou or fate or some other high power BS.
>>
File: 1408425864797.jpg (174KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1408425864797.jpg
174KB, 600x450px
If you could cum balls deep in one 2hu and make her cum on your throbbing rod from being filled up with your hot sticky load which one /tg/?
>>
File: __reisen_udongein_inaba_touhou.jpg (591KB, 1050x1300px) Image search: [Google]
__reisen_udongein_inaba_touhou.jpg
591KB, 1050x1300px
>>53812549
Reisen
>>
>>53780724
>He answered that Reimu and Marisa were the only choices where he could be sure his life wasn't in danger.

>ZUN: Give me a minute. *Drinks his beer* Well, thinking about it, it can't be the weird characters after all. Please let it be Reimu and Marisa then.

Don't make shit up to fit your narrative you fucking secondary.

Oh, I mean the rest of your post is mostly right, but still.
>>
>>53780724
im sure akyuu is going to write all over him and make him die from embarrassment
>>
File: 1451972216990.jpg (210KB, 850x575px) Image search: [Google]
1451972216990.jpg
210KB, 850x575px
>>
File: Touhou Powerlevels.jpg (2MB, 2927x3146px) Image search: [Google]
Touhou Powerlevels.jpg
2MB, 2927x3146px
>>53812549
Yuugi, because I lack most self-preservation instincts, and because glorious abs.

>>53812142
So that's why Niel Armstrong went after the moon bitches.

Posting inflamatory and probably incomplete/mildly inaccurate power chart.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mn78j8mtw21qz4rgp.gif (143KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mn78j8mtw21qz4rgp.gif
143KB, 500x499px
>>53817377
>>
>>53813494
I thought so as well, but then - what is she going to do if they are attacked by wild yōkai? Reimu and Marisa ould definitely protect him. Maybe that's why he feels safer with those two.
>>
File: 1367742985943.jpg (130KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
1367742985943.jpg
130KB, 500x708px
>>53812549
Yog-Sothoth.
>>
>>53812549
The weird T-shirt bitch.

Also any given Touhou incident is a Munchausen game waiting to happen.
>>
File: I see a gap, but no moe.png (231KB, 779x1025px) Image search: [Google]
I see a gap, but no moe.png
231KB, 779x1025px
I'd argue that Danmaku could be fluffed as area attacks in Anima: Beyond fantasy.
And there's already a low-tier 2hu in the making running around in the canon setting. Youko Kyuubei, a nine-tailed Kitsune whose thing is fire. Lots of fire. Fire so hot it burns ghosts and fire elementals. She also spends most of her time travelling around disguised as a little girl.
Flandre would be classed as a Destruction Wizard, probably, while Remi screams Causality Mentalist/Summoner hybrid.
Sakuya is a Warlock with Time Subpath spells.

>>53817455
It's inevitable.
>>53818666
>Yukari is Yog Sothoth
That makes a scary amount of sense.
>>
>>53772088
Only War.
>>
>>53817377
>"Ultimate Magic" PC-98 vagueness
>"She lives in another dimension so she must have created it"
>Yuugi's strength is unnatural = "Yuugi can control anything unnatural"
>Thinking Frandle's powers work like Mystic Eyes of Death Perception instead of Shatterpoints
>VIVIT being a Touhou
>"It absorbs energy from all around so it's as powerful as a DBZ attack that absorbs energy from all life on earth"
>Yin-Yang Orbs can destroy a planet
>8 million gods means she can summon all of them at the same time
>Mistranslating "Dragons are gods of the highest class" as "There is only one dragon and it's omnipotent"

>Suwako can create mountains
>Copying attacks means you copy the user's strength while using it
>Remilia spends three days travelling to the moon by rocket and can't leave by her own power, then wanders away from her party for an unspecified amount of time and comes back saying "I circled the moon, because I'm awesome like that" despite being in a pocket dimension that cannot be circled = "Remilia travelled to the moon and came back so fast nobody noticed she had left"

>Owning a wheelbarrow = Manipulation of corpses
>Scooping water into ships by hand = magical drowning powers
>Clouds are enlightened spirits

>Only character to die in Touhou

Did I get everything?
>>
>>53817377
The only good thing I can say about this chart is that it gets Tenshi's tier right, whereas most people wildly downplay her abilities.
>>
>>
>>53772088
see >>53772700
but if you insist:
DnD fae wild.

You could make a tabletop puzzle game instead of an rpg.
>>
File: 1493062947041.png (245KB, 900x851px) Image search: [Google]
1493062947041.png
245KB, 900x851px
>>53806854
She is not, as she claims, the strongest
She's the strongest FAIRY
>>
File: 1411495347253.jpg (2MB, 650x3298px) Image search: [Google]
1411495347253.jpg
2MB, 650x3298px
>>53826769
She doesn't make that distinction herself.
>>
>>53828210
Because she's a fairy.
>>
>>53828210
That kinda reminds me of Secret of Mana.
>>
>>53822069
>Fire so hot it burns ghosts and fire elementals
Is there an in universe explanation for this or is it just "It's hot enough to burn fire things that don't strictly 'exist'?
>>
File: IMG_3320.jpg (27KB, 415x428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3320.jpg
27KB, 415x428px
>>53772088
First,
you figure out What interpretations of the lore you are going to use

Second,
you figure out if the players are going to be playing characters who have an established presence in the lord or if they will be making new ones up and work on backstory with them.

Third,
You figure out what is going on in Gensokyo at the time

Fourth,
You detmerine who's machinations you want the players involvement to become a problem for.

Fifth,
You work backwards to flesh out the antangonists GOAL and then all the NUMEROUS PLANS plans they have in place in persuit of their goal.

Sixth,
You work out where the players are starting.
>>
>>53830226
In universe explanation, she's that damned powerful of a Kitsune and that damned powerful of a spellcaster.
There's a "Sphere Grid" of sorts for casters, one sphere lets your spells that can't hit spectral things actually hit them, so I'm assuming she's progressed to that bonus.
When angry, she can burn things in a several mile radius, as well.
And then her friend implanted some technomagical doodads in her to boost her power to even stupider levels...
>>
File: 1410665390765.jpg (643KB, 2456x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1410665390765.jpg
643KB, 2456x1013px
>>
>>53833865
why does everybody wear the same shoes in gensokyo
it's either those or leather boots
>>
>>53833959
Is footwear really important in a place where most people can fly?
>>
>>53834051
you'd think more people would go barefoot like cirno, then
but no, whoever the cobbler is, he's making a killing with women's footwear everywhere from the village to former hell
>>
>>53834080
Well people still walk short distances, and that's all it takes to get a splinter, or a rock in your foot.
Or to step on a LEGO that fell through the barrier.
>>
>>53833959
It's magic
You don't have to explain shit
>>
>>53834080
>you'd think more people would go barefoot like cirno, then
Like half the newhus from 14 onward are barefoot. Two-thirds of the revealed characters for 16 are barefoot plus Cirno.
>>
File: Realization.png (63KB, 145x229px) Image search: [Google]
Realization.png
63KB, 145x229px
>>53837622
Wait, so you're telling me somebody researched that?
>>
>>53837959
>open wiki
>look at feet

Anyone can do that in 15 minutes
>>
File: ddc cast.png (377KB, 569x2187px) Image search: [Google]
ddc cast.png
377KB, 569x2187px
>>53837959
Well here's the cast of Touhou 14. Touhou 16 only has three characters.
>>
File: lolk cast.png (351KB, 579x1768px) Image search: [Google]
lolk cast.png
351KB, 579x1768px
>>53838135
*three characters revealed so far
I guess LoLK doesn't really have that many barefoot characters, but it has a lot of girls just wearing socks or stockings.
>>
File: 1495430867187.png (460KB, 1100x625px) Image search: [Google]
1495430867187.png
460KB, 1100x625px
>>53838196
What do you think Junko is wearing?
>>
>>53838998
Probably some really fancy-looking Chinese shoes.
>>
File: 1453344890502.png (86KB, 245x204px) Image search: [Google]
1453344890502.png
86KB, 245x204px
>>53839020
I don't know what Chinese shoes look like, you need to post examples for me to understand.
>>
File: 1476435352033.jpg (33KB, 232x173px) Image search: [Google]
1476435352033.jpg
33KB, 232x173px
>>53839074
I don't know, the rest of her clothes look chinese so I just figured they'd follow suit. I don't really think about shoes in Touhou that much.
>>
File: 1413517462992.png (64KB, 182x216px) Image search: [Google]
1413517462992.png
64KB, 182x216px
>>53839100
I don't either, but that's where the conversation went. I just wanted to feel included.
>>
>>53838998
I'm imaging some form of simple slip-on cloth shoes.
>>
>>53772088

Legends of the Wulin
>>
File: Errorbird.jpg (156KB, 934x856px) Image search: [Google]
Errorbird.jpg
156KB, 934x856px
>>53838135
I don't know if WaggySaggy would exactly count as barefoot, as she doesn't exactly have FEET.
>>
>>53841759
She's bareflippered, close enough.
>>
File: Dancinbird.gif (2MB, 990x550px) Image search: [Google]
Dancinbird.gif
2MB, 990x550px
>>53842005
Maybe if she were mammalian I'd be willing to concede that. But she's a fish, ergo it's more a tail than a pair of feet.
>>
>>53772088
I wanna FUCK that frog.
>>
File: Mytia.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mytia.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>53781169
The fuck indeed
>>
File: 1464592407214.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1464592407214.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>53844409
But she is mammalian. She's half-humanoid.
>>
>>53845514
She's literally a Wakasagi that ascended to a youkai. She's youkai/fish, not mammal/fish.
>>
File: 1481108553562.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481108553562.png
6KB, 400x400px
>>53845586
But if youkai aren't mammals then that must mean none of them have feet!
>>
>>53845645
depends on what they ascend from. Those that come from mammals are clearly mammals. Bird-based ones, like Aya, also have feet.
Gods, Cirno, for the strongest, you certainly ain't the smartest...
>>
File: 66c21b806410cc600b468926ea3c0a4a.jpg (394KB, 850x1197px) Image search: [Google]
66c21b806410cc600b468926ea3c0a4a.jpg
394KB, 850x1197px
>>53777745
>Can't Sleep, Lolis Will Eat You.
Nonsense Rumia wouldn't hurt a fly, now just step a little bit closer to the floating ball of blackness.
>>
>>53845728
I don't think anyone ever said she was.
>>
>>53817377
Only true Touhou tier list coming through
>Strong Enough Tier
Whoever you're playing as
>Weak Enough Tier
Everyone else
>>
>>53824051
A reminder that Tenshi never canonically beats Komachi, and she was presumably going all out during their fight because she mistook her for a reaper.
>>
>>53804834
Fake News. Yuugi a best, sake not even drop
>>
File: thrilling adventure.gif (3MB, 309x228px) Image search: [Google]
thrilling adventure.gif
3MB, 309x228px
I want to go on a tiny adventure with the kobito
>>
File: 2spooky4me.png (554KB, 1304x818px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky4me.png
554KB, 1304x818px
>>53807698
>>
File: sukunajump.png (346KB, 850x1250px) Image search: [Google]
sukunajump.png
346KB, 850x1250px
>>53812163
That's adorable, Sukuna has become one of my favorites lately
>>
File: ad5572fef52e94ed38e3dc896246605e.jpg (197KB, 1228x868px) Image search: [Google]
ad5572fef52e94ed38e3dc896246605e.jpg
197KB, 1228x868px
>>53817377
>Yuugi
God-tier taste Anon
>>
How would you run a mixed human-fairy party without making death too trivial for the fairies?
>>
>>53846091
>>53846226
s-source?
>>
File: Come at me Bro.jpg (334KB, 1200x1708px) Image search: [Google]
Come at me Bro.jpg
334KB, 1200x1708px
>>53846074
I see you have good tastes, but posting a yuugi that slender is heresy.
>>
>>53778226
Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, 13th Age with homebrew and VALOR.
Literally any ruleset that can do superhero games since that's what most modern fantasy is about with either more adventure or investigation.
>>
>>53849583
Do as 8 did. Dying hurts fairies too I assume, and thus after a few such deaths in quick succession they're leaving the incident solving business. Assume a life bar just means they die multiple times over the course of it.
>>
>>53806682
>On an additional note, Watatsuki no Yorihime, a Lunarian general who managed to accomplish the otherwise thought impossible task of defeating both Reimu and Yukari in a single sitting
That's some serious misinformation.
>>
>>53853063
Especially considering that yukari herself said shiki eiki could do it, with yuyuko thrown into the mix.
>>
>>53853063
I don't know too much, but wasn't it still an extremely difficult task? Considering that to my knowledge Yorihime just learned how danmaku battles using the spellcard rules work, and that Yukari and Reimu being some of the heaviest hitters around.
>>
>>53853264
Its difficult but not unheard of.

For that matter, spellcard rules are there specifically to hold back stronger people like reimu and yukari, so its actually sort of weird to assume they are nigh unbeatable.

Its gone on record saying that reimu just keeps trying till she gets her way.
>>
File: suwako pepe.jpg (69KB, 488x522px) Image search: [Google]
suwako pepe.jpg
69KB, 488x522px
>>53853264
Its misinformation in that she was only competing in danmaku against Reimu, Marissa, Remilia and Sakuya. Yukari wasn't directly involved
I really hate that people really miss the whole point of SSiB/CtLR. It wasn't about Yukari's attempt to conquer the moon again, but rather just a very typical sort of incident in Gensokyo; something that depending on how you look at it could be very serious and wold-changing, but ends up getting averted and is for all for some simple, often silly reason.

Yukari destabilizes an entire civilization, inspires space travel, and nearly Gensokyo leveled in retaliation, just to fuck with Eirin by stealing Lunar booze.
>>
File: Make Gensokyo Great Again.jpg (697KB, 1034x972px) Image search: [Google]
Make Gensokyo Great Again.jpg
697KB, 1034x972px
>>53826769
That's note really accurate anymore, unless you don't consider Lampads fairies.
>>
>>53853720
>still beats 4 very powerful characters instead of just 2
wew, that's some crazy bullshit right there.
>>
>>53853826
Her style is basically bombspam. It's like the people who cleared the 16 demo with millions of points by spamming the Aya release every time it was available.
>>
>>53853839
What's Yukari got against the moon anyways? besides the fact that lunarian scum live there
>>
>>53853896
Can she manipulate the border between the mundane moon and fantastical moon? If not, that's probably it.
>>
>>53853938
I don't see why she wouldn't given how vague her ability is, unless Toyohime or somebody else is actively preventing her from doing so.
>>
>>53853896
Depending on how you interpret the first lunar war, I'd guess either residual salt if she was serious or the desire to fuck with people who actually keep up with her plans to an extent, if the original purpose was to show the futility of wars of conquest.
>>
>>53853800
Clownpiss was only as strong as she was because of Junko steroids.

>>53853826
To be fair, sakuya beat herself. She cheated and made an unavoidable attack and it bit her in the ass.

>>53853938
>>53853964
Thats basically what she did in SSIB. There's a reason she needed to wait for that specific time.
>>
>>53853977
The society on the moon is pretty fucking grim when you think about it.
>bunch of stuck up elitist pricks live on the moon who are terrified of earth dwellers because if they were to show up then they lose their purity and get fucked
>live behinds hordes of carefree, almost childlike peasants to use as pawns in any actual war
>have great magic and technology which they use to enforce their hold on the moon
>>
>>53854116
I mean. yeah? thats part of the reason yukari likes fucking with them. They are a bunch of stuck up pricks, so of course someone as trolly as yukari would wanna mess up their day.
>>
>>53854184
>>
>>53853826
Bear in mind that it wasn't a 4v1- it was 4 different 1v1s.

Also while the moon is full of assholes and does deserve to be fucked with and junko did nothing wrong, I do kinda want to see what yori and toyohime thought of the lolk events, as they are both fairly decent as lunarians go, so were they for or against the "fuck up gensokyo and move there" idea, what did they think of reimu and co solving the incident, etc. Particularly yorihime learning that reimu was the one who did it, seeing as my take on the end of SSiB was that after fights + the time reimu spent on the moon, yorihime did see reimu as being a bit different- not friendship, nowhere near equal, just someone different from the rest of the earthlings.
>>
>>53856452
Yorihime pushes herself way too hard, and has been seen begging Eirin not to murder someone.

I think she'd be against the plan and would feel terrible about taking part in it, but would never actively interfere with it because she doesn't want to betray her people. Assuming she even knew about the plan in the first place.

Also a high chance of inner monologues about how "no matter how much we try to deny it, in the end we'll always be dependent on Earth".
>>
>>53807720
>>53846201
Cool youkai type and short hair, couldn't ask for much more. Fuck, I need to start playing again, goddammit /tg/.
>>
>>53856782
It's why I'm interested to see what she would think of reimu being the incident solver, as they've met before, Yorihime is positively soft as moon people go, and more importantly, she's at the point where she is sorta doubting things which is why she does the stick up the ass routine / holding herself to really high standards, unlike her sister who's passed through that phase into one where she's accepted little impurities and such.
>>
File: Reimu on a plane.jpg (111KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Reimu on a plane.jpg
111KB, 857x1200px
>>
>>53772088
>Tea & Touhous
No idea how to run it, but I like this for the name.
>>
>>53859932
I dunno, but i feel like that would be some special tea.

Around 0 parts tea and 10 parts alcohol.
>>
>>53846065
She never beatsIku or Yukari either.
She does beat Sukia who has herself beaten Yukari though.
She also loses legit to Reisen, though that is probably because she seconds before had lost to Yukari and hadn't had a chance to recover.
>>
>>53859997
>>>/f/3254598

I'm still okay with this.
>>
>>53853977

If Sakuya had the ability to dig really quickly, she could have defeated her. If Suika was part of the team they could have beaten her for sure.
>>
>>53854116

One can find grim satisfaction on that their pride is indirectly causing them to lose their immortality by needlessly making enemies with the rest of the world and beyond in Junko's case. They already lost their purity a long time ago in a metaphorical sense, and its soon going to become literal.
>>
>>53851717
They're frail, but they aren't THAT frail I think. To kill a fairy, you need to actually injure them in a way that would eventually lead to a human dying if they were damaged the same, its just that unlike humans they presumably lack the ability to stabilize serious wounds so something that a human could live through with immediate medical attention would kill them on the spot.

Subterranean Animism implies that spellcard rules apply to them too, and when they're taken out by danmaku they're defeated the same way as every other major character and end up too injured to continue fighting as opposed to actually killed, since on death they regenerate to perfect health and would simply continue fighting if that were the case.

>>53849583
I'd go with experience loss and lower base HP for whatever system you're using; being able to revive is situationally useful in situations where having a party member not dying is difficult to avoid but you don't want one of your human characters to bite the bullet, but you want to avoid making a habit of abusing it and in all other situations it is preferable for the human characters to tank damage as they can withstand much more of it. Smart fairies like all the named ones have a tendency to not canonally die on screen, so it makes sense that character-quality fairies would be the same.
>>
>>53860691
Sakuya has the ability to do anything really quickly. At least so far as the regular person see's.

But that isn't the point of a spellcard battle. Sakuya cheated by making an unavoidable attack while trying to pretend teleport, and ended up paying for that.

She just took the loss gracefully.
>>
>>53860821
>>
>>53863852
Yes, anon?
>>
>>53864423
Oh, i was just bumping and happened to stumble upon a couple confused 2hu's, i'm not actually confused about anything.
>>
File: 1356728225154.jpg (51KB, 327x365px) Image search: [Google]
1356728225154.jpg
51KB, 327x365px
>>53864592
you made me break out the question marks for nothing you motherfucker
>>
>>53864606
Yeah, my bad. I just find confused 2hu's cute.
>>
>>53812549
Kasen or Aya, I just can't choose.
>>
File: 1483812719369.gif (167KB, 217x279px) Image search: [Google]
1483812719369.gif
167KB, 217x279px
>>53849610
Shinmyoumaru Sukuna, princess of the Kobito (inchlings) from Thouhou 15 - Double Dealing Character
>>
File: utsuho confused.png (213KB, 700x950px) Image search: [Google]
utsuho confused.png
213KB, 700x950px
>>53864650
>>
File: Rumia explain this bullshit.jpg (89KB, 777x963px) Image search: [Google]
Rumia explain this bullshit.jpg
89KB, 777x963px
>>53866052
>>
>>53812549
Sanae
>>
File: mind rapist at her computer.jpg (418KB, 949x1124px) Image search: [Google]
mind rapist at her computer.jpg
418KB, 949x1124px
>>53812549
Satori but only if she doesn't want it.
>>
>>53853977
Clownpiece is pretty beast, not just powered up by Junko, In Alternative facts, Hecatia mentions that hell is a meritocracy, If your strong you rise, if your weak you don't. Clownpiece was strong enough to be picked by Hecatia to do shenanigans.

Granted Hecatia is a biased reporter, but this is something I'd take her word on.
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.