[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The angels from evangelion are in your setting. What happens?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 24

The angels from evangelion are in your setting.
What happens?
>>
The amount of AdEva we've played, the core Angels just aren't that much of a big deal anymore.
>>
>>53768733
First impact.
>>
>>53768733
They become wandering titans that rove the land, endlessly searching for something they will never find.
>>
The angels do whatever it is they normally do, and the PCs probably ignore them for a year.
>>
>>53768787
What happens after a year?
>>
>>53768733
They all immediately die, because outside of the benefits of the AT field that the Eva setting gives them, they cannot exist due to the normal laws of physics taking precedence.
>>
>>53768733
They deal with the variety of angels from like 23,496,320,596 other dead universes now stuck together, and likely get into brawls with Mythos horrors.
>>
>>53768733
I already run a mech game where interdimensional horrors emerge from below the Atlantic Ocean, so they totally fit in. If they all appear at once, they'll wipe the floor with us, but we could probably handle them one on one, depending on how AT fields work. Each one will probably also cause some destruction if they emerge in the Pacific, as it'll take time to get there.
>>
>>53768733

It really depends where they appear.
As long it's a low-to-modern tech area, they'll manage pretty decently making a huge mess, with some potential loss down the line.
WHen they end up stepping onto the toes of the few multiversal empires...they're good as done for. They'd end up to deal with magitek that goes beyond what they can normally take, and likely enrage one or two deities which would get onto the matter close and personal.
>>
>>53768733
Oh. More siblings to murder violently. Joy.
>>
>>53768733
Why do the angels have so different forms?
Are they just bio enginered weapons?
>>
>>53768733
> The angels from evangelion are in your setting.
> What happens?
This doesn't change the SMT-based setting at all, anon.
>>
>>53769402

Evangelion is a fucking mess don't bother analyzing it.
>>
>>53769441
Don't bother analyzing the setting, analyze the characters.
>>
IT'S AN ANGERU
>>
>>53769441
Ok, but i would like to know.
And its sad if its just "come up with different alien forms without any reason why they look like that"
>>
>>53768733
... I don't recall Iblis, was that the lava monster one?
>>
>>53769576
Non-canon
>>
>>53768803
Gay Marriage.
>>
>>53769576
Neither of the last two are from the series - I assume they're preproduction designs.
Lava monster one is Sandalphon.
>>
>>53769402
As I recall, they're some sort of super-beings that are derived from the same base source as humanity.

Humanity being descended from one identified as Lilith.

but it's been forever since I read anything about the lore. And, it really is just an excuse to have giant robots fight shit.
>>
>>53769547
Form follows function, anon.
>>
>>53769547
they're all essentially individual species that have access to infinite energy so no need to worry about food to power however they develop.
>>
>>53769547
Each angel is its own unique being, a species unto itself. Their forms reflects that. Their all lumped together under the term Angel because they have the same origin and goal. All of them were born from Adam and possess the unlimited power of the fruit of life and they all seek to return to Adam and cause Third Impact be merging with him.
>>
>>53769402
In angeology (at least the christian one), the closer the angel was to god, the stangest its form.
Kaworu was an archangel and for that, more human like.
>>
>>53769643
Heh!
>>
>>53769653
Bassicly some super aliens (First Ancestral Race) did some shit but noticing that for some reason they were going extinct they used the seeds of life to create adam who then made angels and also made humans.
Adam split into Lilith (First angel) and then she crashed into the earth which is called the first impact.
While on earth she shit out an second angel in the artict which was discovered by humanity resulting in the second impact.
Then some weird shit happened like mecha made out of aliens powered by human souls and clones of a kids mother and the .1 percent of the .1 percent richest people on earth want everyone to have mass ego death.
TL:DR
Robots fight monsters and weird shit happens in the background.
>>
>>53769789
Also Shinji did nothing wrong.
>>
>Jeremy!
>What have we told you about inviting deep umbral beings to dinner without asking!
>>
>>53769789

I thought it was that, by accident, two progenitor lifeforms were sent to Earth, Adam and Lilith?

Individually, either one would just create life and shit would work fine, but them both being around caused a total clusterfuck.
>>
>>53769547
>>53769402
They are all divergent paths of development from Humanity. Humanity's AT field points inwards, Angels' AT field points outwards. The inward direction allows humans to be capable of self-reflection, critical thinking, and forming interpersonal connections, while the outward direction allows Angels to use it as a shield and a weapon.

While humans developed from the Lilith Seed, all of the Angels developed from the Adam Seed.

Sandaphon's embryo appearance and later transformation suggests that their child form is mostly humanoid, and that their deployment of the AT field is what causes their transformation into full-fledged Angels. Presumably, this means that their AT field, and accordingly their own self-image, has some impact on their final appearance and functions.

Quite notably, Tabris' humanoid appearance is a result of Lilith genes being spliced into the Adam embryo, but he is quite obviously lacking in many human traits due to the fact that his AT field still faces outwards.
>>
>>53769846
You are basically right.
Adam and Lilith are opposed lifeforms.
>>
>>53769653
Ok, thx

>>53769658
Like i guessed bio enginered weapons

>>53769681
So the last surviver of a race or a amalgam of their species?

>>53769751
Ok, but since their form differ that much, it seems they adapted heavily to their biosphere

>>53769774
Ok, that makes kinda sense, but all this formless on higher consious level sounds too retarded and too much excuse for their designs, even if some are boring
>>
>>53769789
Adam didn't make humans, and Adam didn't make Lilith. Adam and Lilith are two different progenitors, and Lilith wasn't supposed to be on Earth, just Adam.
But then First Impact happened (which is essnetially https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant-impact_hypothesis with aliens involved), Lilith showed up by mistake, the two beat the shit out of each other, and then fell asleep. Lilith's spilled blood (aka LCL) became the origin of terrestrial life as we know it.
>>
>>53769846
Thinking back...
yeah.
Angels and humans have to duke it out to win the right to be alive.
>>
>>53769653
The Angels are descended from Adam. They have the infinite power of the Fruit of Life in the form of the S2 engine, which is what lets them break the laws of physics over their knees. Humanity is descended from Lilith which is why we instead have the Fruit of Knowledge in the form of our individuality which lets us learn how to use and manipulate the universe to our advantage instead of just breaking them with raw power.
>>
>>53769873
It's been a while since I saw the show.
I can (not) remember everything.
>>
>>53769870
>So the last surviver of a race or a amalgam of their species?
Neither. They're the only ones of their kind that exists. If they reach their goal they will propagate and be the new dominate species.
>>
>>53769870
I recall it being put forth that they're an organism that could improve itself, as opposed to the evolutionary improvement our biosphere does.

So, they're a complete, stand-alone and effectively immortal creature.
>>
>>53769900
Well yeah, that's because not a bit of that is explained in the show itself. Or any of the movies.
It's all from stuff they've released outside of that.
>>
>>53769866
That really sounds messy and esoteric.
>>
>>53769925

Welcome to Evangelion.
>>
>>53769925
It's Evangelion.

Messy and esoteric is the name of the game.
>>
>>53769925
It's also why the pilots are all mentally damaged children.
>>
>>53769939
You forgot the pointless symbolism.
>>
>>53769925
That's EVA in a sentence
>>
>>53769917
What a terrible way to explain lore.
>>
>>53769908
>>53769916
So every generation of new dominant species them would more look like them. like humans after adam and lillith?
>>
>>53769951

Well, I think part of the point of the show is that the lore and the why of it all doesn't really matter. It's all about the psychology of the characters and the choices they make.
>>
>>53769948
>Shinji is a Christ like figure
>But the christianism symbology is empty
Wat
>>
>>53769945
Remember that one time when Rei was mass cloned without any care resulting in deformed and braindead masses and then used to pilot EVA's?
>>
>>53769094
Pacific Rim but not in the pacific?
>>
>>53769969
I don't remember Jesus jerking off over a passed out German girl
>>
>>53768733
game playing setting I'm currently in setting.
True Fae somehow manage to be scarier. Also would be in one of those kinda touching, half hidden from the normal world things because otherwise totally out of tone.

Book I'm writing. Everybody be fucked. It's a pretty low power fantasy setting. Though they could work as God Weavings gone horribly wrong requiring nations to work together to fight.

Game I'm working on. Stuff pretty similar is already hi-tier bosses. It's Dark Souls, with battles in purgatory against hell, only more human focused outside of the worst monsters.
>>
>>53769965
I suppose
>>
>>53769982
Pretty much, though there are a lot more ranged weapons, weird energy weapons, mad science in general, a hint of dark magic, and most of the fighting takes place in either jungles or cities.
>>
>>53770032
so Pacific Rim 2?
>>
>>53769870
Close. An Angel is not an amalgam, it is a singular individual being. Would you say Godzilla is an amalgam of his species?

>Ok, but since their form differ that much, it seems they adapted heavily to their biosphere
Angels don't work under the same rules we do, they don't have any evolutionary pressures. Their AT field is what gives them shape. Their forms are shaped around their chosen strategy for reaching Adam, or perhaps its the other way around.
>>
>>53769959
Nope. They'll still look like that. Planet of kaiju
>>
>>53769951
Well, Eva is kind of terrible, despite the love it gets, but the way it's explained is actually fairly clever. By making the Lore so "messy and esoteric" they forced people to put a lot of effort into figuring out what the hell is going on. Because of all this effort, they can abuse the "sunken cost fallacy" to force people to claim they found the experience enjoyable. After all, if you wasted so much time and effort on this fictional bullshit, you might as well convince yourself (and anyone who will listen) that it wasn't a waste of time.
>>
>>53768733
Iblis? Baraqijal?
What the fuck?
>>
>>53770083
So its like Dark Souls?
>>
>>53770085
Noncanon angels.
>>
>>53770083

Badwrongfun arguments are always stupid. A lot of people legitimately enjoyed Eva, despite what you might think or feel.

Then again, different people enjoy it in different ways. I thought the franchise hit its peak in rebuild 1 and 2, telling the same story but with actual pacing and hope and Shinji not being an unlikable fuckwad, and I'm still horribly disappointed with the clusterfuck that was Q.
>>
>>53770105
except Dark Souls is a game, so people can like it because of the gameplay even if they don't give to shits about the story.
They're both liked because of the aesthetic qualities too.
>>
>>53769985
Maybe in the Apocrypha. I mean he fights dragons as a child in those
>>
I'm working on a fabric.
>Anno got hit by a bus before EOE
>And backed over a few times.
>2025
>Commander Ikari (guess who.) leads a special forces group.
>UN SERAF (Special Esoteric Response Assault Forse.)
>SELEE is in full damage control, the failed Instrumentality (A Cargo Cult retard teir operation.)
>They release the "facts" about 2I.
>UN wanted ADAM to make weapons.
>World goes batshit crazy.
>US gets told Japan sabotaged Unit 04.
>JSSDF gets is shit pushed in by America.
>Shinji is taken into protective custody.

Part 2 if anyone is interested.
>>
>>53769985
Only the Apocrypha covers the 18 some odd year gap in the life of Jesus.
>>
>>53770190
different guy, but how the fuck is Shingi christlike.

I mean, he kinda fits the MUCH broader archetype of savior figure, the destined child, etc.

But he's not a teacher. He doesn't act as an alternate as or for an alternate source of authority. He doesn't represent the divine against the worldly. He's not a healer. He doesn't prophecies.
>>
>>53768733
I'm not familiar with them, but I'm going to say that most likely they get killed by something.
They're space things, right? In that case the angels of the setting, which are the stars, will probably outnumber and kill them first, unless I'm severely underestimating how many of them there are.
Or if they get too close to the moon the elves will kill them, assuming that once things look lost for the elves they have the chance to use their doomsday weapon.
If the planet is threatened the Celestials will kill them by ritually sacrificing their souls to the elemental forces and turning into eldritch beasts that will mostly fuck off into space or die off after taking care of the EvAngles.
If that doesn't work the gods will get involved. They're gods.
And if all the gods are gone the world will split in two releasing great evils from the darkest pits of hell to ravage the universe.
>>
>>53770085
Angels that didn't make the cut. There are a couple of angels that made it out of the design phase but never made it into the show proper
>>
>>53770324
He is Christ as Lamb of God who has to sacrifice himself for mankind.
Eli Eli Lama Sabactani.
>>
>>53768733
they get marked as lower abstract tier threats, and from there they rack up a rather sizable body count before someone who can handle the AT fields can get there
>>
>>53770406
does this happen in one of the later movies after I stopped giving a fuck.
Because I he doesn't sacrifice himself in Eva or End of Eva.
>>
>>53770050
Wait, really? When was that announced?
>>
>>53770457
>someone who can handle the AT fields can get there

ALPHA! ANGELS HAVE APPEARED! RECRUIT A TEAM OF TEENS WITH TRAUMAS!
>>
>>53769948
It honestly would work 100x better if they went with Norse mythology. The show practically writes itself.
>Instead of Angels they are Jotun
>Instead of Evas they are Einherjar
>Instead of Adam it is Loki
>Instead of the Lance of Longinus it is Gungnir
>Shinji's dad's eyes are covered like Odin
>Asuka is germanic-ish
>Instead of Third Impact it is Ragnarok
>>
>>53768733
What do they do, anyway? I think I only watched one episode of NGE.

Anyway, it's an Engine Heart game so there aren't any humans. Will that make an impact on the situation?
>>
File: god has forsaken us.jpg (32KB, 327x323px) Image search: [Google]
god has forsaken us.jpg
32KB, 327x323px
Players use the power of bad rolls to fucking die
>>
>>53770478
He jumps time after time into a literal torture device to save mankind's soul.
He tries to bargain with his father for someone else to do it as Christ did in Gethsemane.
His sacrifice requires a spear in his side.
>>
>>53770492
Pentecost had a child somehow. Played by Boyega.
>>
>>53770521

I know at least three people have run AdEva campaigns with something like that premise
>>
>>53770539
I mean, the EVA isn't the torture device. Fighting creatures that want to exterminate all life is the torture.
>>
Fuck it, might as well take the chance to make this thread about AdEva too. 90% of the "mythologies" that I've seen people run games in are either Lovecraftian or Norse. Anybody seen anything else that's a little more out there?
>>
>>53770563
Blue suit looks way too much like an Evangelion.
>>
>>53770578
And a cross is just a couple of logs. The torture is getting your hands nailed to it and left to starve I guess.
>>
>>53770539
>He jumps time after time into a literal torture device to save mankind's soul.
that isn't Christlike sacrifice you fuck.

Christlike is sacrifice is "If I do this right I will die. To succeed I must die". Shingi jumping into the Eva is the soldiers sacrifice "I might die, but I must not die until I have succeed."

>He tries to bargain with his father for someone else to do it as Christ did in Gethsemane.
Except with Christ that was key moment of weakness that was a break from his normal behavior right before the sacrifice.
Shingi bargained and whined all the time. Shingi's father didn't love him and that was a key point of the plot, so the bargaining is completely different. Bargaining to not be the one to do a thing is hugely broad archetype.

>His sacrifice requires a spear in his side
is this one of those things that happened in the movies after I stopped caring?
>>
>>53770628
Christ new he would respawn. That's cheating.
>>
>>53770611
I had the privilege of playing in a game where the Angels were US presidents, and our Evas were based on freedoms enjoyed by US citizens, and were called Liberties. This was a while back, so Obama, darkness from beyond, was the creature that nearly caused Second Civil War.
>>
>>53770680
Sounds pretty retarded,
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 400x305px
>>53770578
>eva itself isn't a torture device

Anon...
>>
>>53770694
Yeah, but it was fun, and we somehow got through 44 weeks of it.
>>
>>53769925
That's Forever-jelly-on for you.
>>
>>53770703
That's just evidence that staying in too long is bad.
>>
>>53770667
So did Odin.
So did a number of figures who actually follow the Christ storyline.

There are different types of sacrifice, and different types of chosen ones.
Shingi isn't christlike. He's the chosen one who goes through shit to save the world. That's a broad as shit archetype that Christ falls under.

It's like saying that beagles are catlike because they have fur, four limbs, and nurse their young. But that's cats and beagles both being mammals. Not beagles sharing qualities with cats that make cats different from other mammals.
>>
>>53769576
They're from the Girlfriend of Steel VNs if I remember right.
>>
>>53770680
Let me guess

>Reagen is Ramiel, autistially tearing down the walls of Dogma Terminal
>Obama is Arael, mind probing everyone through smartphones
>Jeff and George Bush are Israfel
>>
>>53770457
Ramiel is gonna be fun to deal with, even better if it's the Rebuild version.
>>
>>53770525
They just kinda stand around then because they've probably come into contact with Lilith and humanity went poof or got turned into orange juice.
>>
>>53770614
It's the hip area.
>>
>>53770624
This.

Fucking synch rates, motherfuckers. Shinji's eva loses an arm early on and he's tripped out by staring at his reverse-phantom-limb for months.

Piloting an Eva is nothing like piloting a robot.
>>
>>53770759
We had 44 presidents to go through, so it was much more varied. Reagan was our Kaworu style infiltrator, and was masterfully played by our GM introducing a new player, who had a charismatic, seemingly problem/trauma free character named Wilson. It went really well, especially since we ran 14 hours sessions, so we got to know him well before he got killed. George Senior was some kind of lizard creature, I don't remember the specifics, and the final threat Obama was a dark cloud from which emerged monsters tailor designed to make our characters freak the hell out, with the center of the cloud being the commander piloting the body of Democracy.
>>
>>53771083
>and he's tripped out by staring at his reverse-phantom-limb for months.
Funny thing is the human mind adapts to limbs that shouldn't be there but are extremely quickly
>>
>>53768733
my group precedes to bullshit their way through an encounter and our Minotaur paladin somehow ends up with a new minion.
>>
>>53771176
>120ft+ tall, reality defying entity from before life as we know it existed decides to abandon its sole driving goal of finding its creator to follow around a holy cowman.
Those must be some damn good talking skills.
>>
>>53771128
How exactly do we know that?
>>
>>53771128
That's extremely awesome and is great news for my cyberpunk campaign, but I doubt Anno would have much of a chance of being aware of that back in the 90's.
>>
>>53771369
There's a relatively well-known carnival trick involving it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxwn1w7MJvk

Basically, the brain will easily accept a limb that it consciously knows shouldn't be there or even isn't real, and will feel sensations through said nonexistant limb according to what the person believes they should feel from it.
>>
>>53770566
I've run it based off Aztec mythology.

The Old Gods stopped getting their blood sacrifices, so they started waking up to claim it for themselves.
>>
>>53769870
>Ok, but since their form differ that much, it seems they adapted heavily to their biosphere
Both Adam and Lillith were capable of Terraforming. Not needing to consume anything for energy or matter means that the world would be changed to suit them.
>>
>>53770611
I've played in a game that went more fully into kabbalah stuff and one that went islamic, one that used zoroastrian theming and one that went with gnosticism (sort of).
And a bunch that kept standard stuff.
>>
>>53769959
>So every generation of new dominant species them would more look like them. like humans after adam and lillith?

As far as I know it's never clearly stated what would happen if one of the angels triggered Third Impact, just that it would spell certain death for humanity. For what it's worth when Third Impact is triggered by humans the opposite happens and all of humanity suffers mass ego death as they're merged into a gigantic super-organism.

Basically Third Impact returns us as a species to the primordial womb from whence we came, destroying all sense of separation between ourselves, other people, and our environment as Lilith shoves us back up her metaphorical vagina. But since angels are already giant singular super-organisms who knows what would happen if one of them triggers it.

It should also be noted that the angels are only interested in merging with Adam, while in End of Eva Third Impact was caused when Rei merged with both Adam and Lilith, essentially becoming God. Maybe an angel merging with only Adam could have resulted in a completely different outcome. Who knows? Ultimately none of what I've just said is actually important or relevant to the story, and that is why you shouldn't bother analyzing Eva's setting. Eva isn't about the lore, it's about the characters.
>>
>>53768733
Everyone shit their pants because suddenly a bunch of weird kaiju are roaming around and there is no Ultraman to call.
>>
>>53773257
wizards could create an ultraman though

no, that's a terrible idea, wizards tend to fuck up everything for everyone
>>
>>53770611
I did aztec but would not recommend it: nobody can write or spell those names.
>>
>>53768733
AT field hits an Antimagic field, what happens?
>>
>>53770105
But a normal human being could feasibly understand what's happening in a Souls game if they merely read the item descriptions and were skilled enough to play it to completion.

Nobody can understand the true plot of Evangelion with just the show to work with.
>>
>>53768733
I don't know much about evangelion. Depending on what their motivations are they might just get along fine with everyone else, otherwise they will be unmade.
>>
>>53773403
Do people tend to lose their souls when they hit an antimagic field?
If not, then nothing happens.
>>
>>53768733
we wait for their animation budget to run out.... about 6 episodes before the season finishes. Then we wait for fanbois to finish our campaign for us whilst they convince themselves it's a work of art.
>>
>>53768733
They make a lot of initial progress during the 'what the fuck is that?!' phase of things, but then a few of the more ambitious/greedy Lords get their shit together and manage one of the following:

Binding them to service with a fuck-off-huge ritual to use as a weapon.
Overpowering one by scorching its soul, then seeing what kinda of tasty and useful products its torture creates.
Outright killing a few and causing the others to pull back and play it more carefully.
Now big time bad would be if one of the Angels found common ground with Behemoth or Leviathan, cause that would really fuck up the lower pit.
>>
>>53769424
>Evangelion SMT
I think I've read that fanfic, and it was sadly shit.
>>
>>53773479
Most singlemindedly attempt to reach their creator and attempt to rejoin with it. Doing so will wipe out humanity but humanity is a mistake anyways.
A couple try to understand and/or communicate with humanity. Doing so does horrible horrible things to the humans they try to understand/communicate with, due to the immense difference between them.
One just attempted to bring back the ones that died.
>>
>>53773445
The level at which you can understand Evangelion from just the show is roughly the same level you'll understand a Souls game from just playing it through and reading all the item descriptions diligently.

Which is to say; not very well at all.

In both cases, it was something of an internet effort to put together all the facts and see which ones seemed to connect and which ones didn't.

From that perspective, I actually think Evangelion is a bit simpler; once you get a hold of the lore they hid in games (because ooo look multimedia! ooo) and translate it properly, the lore (while weird) explains things pretty plainly, and with good internal consistently. The main sticking points are usually the details of certain specific visual choices that some people over-fixate on and feel like they need explanations for, when none really need to exist to understand the characters and factions, and why they do what they do.

Souls lore is more nebulous. Things are more often from some particular faction's perspective, or framed as an uncertain legend, and some things conflict. There are also a LOT of little things, and it can be very difficult to know how important something is, or whether to believe some seemingly world-shattering bit of trivia over some other simpler explanation, etc.
>>
>>53773586
So they'd get along just fine.
>>
>>53770611
My longest-running setting is Romance of the Three Kingdoms China/Japan (north continent) + Enlightenment Arabia (south continent).
>>
>>53770614
It's supposed to. They took inspiration from Eva, among other things. Each robot is inspired by a different mech series.
>>
>>53769870
You're totally missing the basic ideas because people don't feel like explaining the whole thing to you.

The way it works in Eva is like this: Humanity is of metaphysical origin. All humans have an AT field that defines their shape, contains their thoughts and keeps them separate as individuals. Within the setting, the AT field is not just an excuse for the design of angels but also for the design of humans.

Angels have more control over their AT field, so they look like whatever they want to look like, because their form is defined by it. They can also use it as a shield or weapon, and they have an inexhaustible supply of energy.

They can't change shape willy-nilly because the staticity of their AT field is important to its function, so they develop a shape as they explosively mature from embryonic shapes into what you see in the picture.

Yes, the setting basically says "Humanity doesn't know shit".
>>
>Stone age retards who only have non-mud hut housing (log hut) because divine intervention
Hahaha.
HAhahaha oh wow.
They're fucked.
>>
Probably get gun downed by a rogue AI armada that's trying to take whatever planet they happen to be on
>>
>>53774576
I'm going to assume those AI got some seriously powerful high-tech guns because angels are functionally immune to conventional weaponry.
>>
>stupidly high fantasy setting where powerlevels vary from level 1 peasents killing rats in the basement to heroes going around slaying hordes of eldritch gods
They would probably wander around destroying everything in signt until they encounter one of the higher tier entities.
>>
>>53768733
The Angels start screeching "humans do not work that way!" when random martial artists throwing ki blasts start tearing huge holes in their AT fields.
>>
>>53774892
>AT
>described as the light of the soul, the definition of life in the NGE universe
>masters of it can cause energy blasts to happen and all kinds of reality disturbances
>can only be pierced by AT

>ki
>life force and breath of life
>masters of it can cause energy blasts to happen and all kinds of reality disturbances
>can pierce AT fields

Makes sense when you think about it.
>>
>>53774595
Their resistance to conventional weaponry seems to vary. Israfel was taken out of commission for a solid week by spamming it with N2 mines. The fish one whose name I can't remember was killed by having a couple battleships fire into its mouth. Ramiel was taken out by an experimental laser cannon, although they needed literally an entire country's power supply to do it. On the other hand some of the more powerful ones can tank point blank N2 mines without even slowing down. Then you have the weird ones like Sahaquiel which is a living colony drop the size of a mountain, Iruel which is literally a techno-organic virus, and Bardiel which seems to be some kind of weird corrupting fungus.
>>
>>53775048
Gaghiel took an Iowa barrage directly to its exposed core, no different than an Eva stabbing the core with a knife.
>>
>>53768733
Probably go dormant without Adam or Lilith to compel them towards Third Impact
>>
>>53768733
Exterminatus.
>>
>>53768766
They cause the moon to form?
>>
>>53774981
>DELICIOUS CANDY
>>
>>53775062
And don't forget that 02 was RIGHT THERE to (potentially) deal with the field.
>>53775048
The laser cannon isn't a laser cannon, it's explicitly firing antimatter. Somehow. Because fuck making sense, it's a damn positron cannon.
>>
>>53769969
The Christian symbolism was used more because it appears so strange to a Japanese audience rather than to make an actual statement.
>>
>>53775357
Hold on, are you saying that the cross shaped explosions aren't actually meaningful?
>>
>>53775432
The cross shaped explosions have a deep and powerful meaning.
They represent the Angel's desire to massively fuck shit up
>>
>>53768733

It all returns to Fanta
>>
>>53775599
I know, I know I've let you down. I've been a fool to myself - I thought that I could live for no one else. But now, through all the hurt and pain, it's time for me to respect the ones who love me more than anything.
And so with sadness in my heart, I feel the best thing I can do is end it all and leave forever. What's done is done, it feels so bad. What once was happy now is sad. I'll never love again! My world is ending...
>>
File: 1464482587258.jpg (34KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
1464482587258.jpg
34KB, 680x583px
>>53775660
>song has german name
>vocals are in english

wtf Anno
>>
>>53775599
Is this real life?
Is this Fanta sea?
Caught in an Eva
to escape Instrumentality
>>
File: 5645151446154615164.gif (2MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
5645151446154615164.gif
2MB, 255x191px
>reading this thread and trying to understand it as someone who's never seen the show
>>
>>53776197
*the screenshot of the interview with the guy who created Evangelion saying that there isn't any philosophical significance to the show, he just wanted it to be cool*
>>
File: 1479654271231.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479654271231.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
>>53776245
>makes a show where the characters bring up philosophical issues, views and statements constantly
>no philosophical significance

I get it that Anno chose christian iconography and terminology from the jewish qabbalah and Freud initially as a way to distinguish the show for the thousand and one other shows exactly like it on japanese TV, with no intention of bringing any religious or philosophical significance to it.

What I don't get is how that translates to someone as you can't find ANY philosophical content within the context of the show. Lion King had tons of philosophical and mythological tones in it, but I doubt that was not the intention of Disney to include them intentionally in the movie.
>>
>>53777532
>for the thousand and one other shows

*from
>>
File: greatest waifu.jpg (22KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
greatest waifu.jpg
22KB, 500x486px
I roll to seduce ramichan.
>>
>>53777532
You can, actually. It's a faithful retelling of the Jewish cycle of Worlds.
>>
>>53768733
>The angels from evangelion are in your setting.

This already basically is my GM's setting, the angels are bio-weapons and eldritch horrors harnessed and imprisoned inside shells to make them into servitors and guardians of earth

Unfortunately, the system has been hijacked and the angels are now trying to exterminate 2/3rds of human life for being 'tainted'
>>
>>53775800
>song has german name

Because Asuka is German
>>
File: 1475199130017.png (317KB, 642x792px) Image search: [Google]
1475199130017.png
317KB, 642x792px
>>53768733
Destroyed by the party within the first Ten minutes.
>>
>>53776197
Eva honestly isn't that complex, it just never gives you all of the information at one time/in one medium.

All you really need to know is this:

Human life was seeded on earth (by mistake) by ancient aliens. the Angels too. The two were never meant to co-exist

A.T. Fields are literally the power of human souls, or rather, the sort of 'gravity' that keeps the essence of life contained in a mortal shell.

Angels are trying to wipe out the childen of Lilith (humans) in order to reclaim earth for themselves, as they are the rightful original inhabitants

Human instrumentality is when the A.T. Field (aka, soul, life force) of all living beings on earth breaks down under the affect of a global A.T. field, merging all of human consciousness into a new gestalt entity, physically manifest as an orange viscous fluid known as LCL (affectionately referred to as Tang or Fanta because of it's color)

SEELE secretly wants to cause a limited instrumentality so the council members can become immortal godlike beings inside of a prepared EVA unit, after destroying Longinus, the one weapon that could destroy their prepared unit. In this way they would become immortal, unkillable, and incredibly powerful. The rest of humanity would just die.

Gendo actually wants to cause the full shebang so he can be reunited with his wife, who was rendered down into LCL and merged into E.V.A. 001 which Shinji pilots (Shinji is piloting his mom)

Incidentally this is why the EVA pilots are the only ones who can operate the units: because of the strong pyschic and emotional bond between them and the loved one whose soul has been put into the EVA units shell. Shinji and Asuka both pilot EVA's made of their mothers respectively, Rei literally pilots herself since she's one of dozens of clones of Shinji's mom
>>
>>53778184
>Angels are trying to wipe out the childen of Lilith (humans) in order to reclaim earth for themselves, as they are the rightful original inhabitants
No, they're trying to unite with big daddy Adam. This would just happen to end the world as we know it.
>>
>>53778074
>They're already in my setting!
>Proceeds to describe something radically different from the Angels.
You tried.
>>
>>53778252
Nah son, that's just a means to an end. Adam landed first, and would have populated the world woth Angels if Lilith wasn't a typical female driver and crashed her shit into the earth. Her lance was destroyed, so Adam's activated and put him into stasis. The Angels really are trying to reclaim earth.
>>
>>53768733
This is basically part of the end game scenario for my setting. Interdimensional horrors break through the walls of reality to lay waste to civilization.

And you've got to fight them with mid-tier magic and late 1800s technology. Have Fun!
>>
>>53778287
They're trying to wake up Adam so he can reshape the Earth according to his own drives, not Liliths. FoL, rather than the FoK.
>>
>>53778309
So everyone should get cracking on inventing a steamboat, then?
>>
>>53776197
It's easy.

Billions of years ago, a hyperadvanced humanoid alien race created seeds of life and housed these in seven 'moons', containers designed to transport them out into space so they can seed other worlds with life.

Some seeds are 'fruits of life', bringing forth immensely strong and hardy creatures. The other seeds are 'fruits of knowledge', bringing forth creatures capable of developing technology and civilization.

The aliens decided that no single planet should ever get two seeds, because a mixture of the seeds of life and knowledge would result in creatures that are both physically powerful and intelligent. They would be too similar to the aliens themselves. Unacceptable.

Because the universe doesn't care about any of that shit, two seeds landed on Earth. The seed of life brought forth Adam, and the seed of knowledge brought forth Lilith.

The Spears of Longinus are devices included in the moons, which are supposed to prevent two seeds from germinating on the same world. The moon carrying Lilith arrived on earth second, but its spear was destroyed in the impact. This caused Adam's spear to trigger, rendering him dormant. Lilith did what she was meant to do, and spread primordial ooze all over the world, eventually giving rise to intelligent life: humanity, also known as the 'Lilin' due to their origin.

Humanity eventually find the dormant Adam and run all sorts of experiments on him. They even end up inserting human DNA into him, triggering the 'Second Impact', a near-apocalypse.

Humanity survives, but just barely. Then, just over a decade after the Second Impact, the Angels appear. They're Adam's children in the same sense that we're Lilith's children, even though no one knows how or when Adam brought them forth.

Their sole motivation or instinct is to merge with Adam's remains, which are still in human hands, in order to cause a proper apocalypse and reclaim the Earth from Lilith's children, the second-comers who shouldn't even be here.
>>
>>53778400
However, in the decade after the Second Impact, humanity has done all sorts of weird shit. Using tissue from Adam and Lilith, they've grown and engineered massive fighting cyborgs named Evangelions. They're biological creatures at their core, but they're been fitted with all sorts of sci-fi tech in order to keep them under control. This sort of thing always works out for the best and never-ever goes wrong in sci-fi.

Angels and Evangelions duke it out in classic mecha vs alien fight scenes, a Lilith-Adam crossbreed angel named Kaworu infiltrates humanity's Evangelion defense force, and everything goes tits-up.

Specifics about the ending vary wildly based on what version of the story you're watching, but they're all pretty bad endings as far as life on earth is concerned.
>>
>>53768733
Technicracy nukes them with magical space lasers before humans can notice. Some major metaphysical shit get broken by the magical fallout and one more breed of eldrich abominations get unleashed opon the world.
>>
>>53778451
Also, there's a lot of pop psychology and pop philosophy mixed in. Some characters suffer all sorts of psychological trauma for added drama, and certain philosophical concepts are name-dropped for added 'depth'.

There's a lot of talk about souls, but you need to keep in mind Evangelion has chosen to define souls as magical/sci-fi forcefields. It's technobabble, rather than serious philosophy.

Still, pretty decent show about fighting robots with a 'hidden' backstory about life originating from space.
>>
>>53768733
God damn it. Our Superheroes campaign is enough like Worm as is without bringing in the giant, unknowable monsters to start fucking things up.
>>
>>53768733
the very second shamshel appears my party can't stop making dick jokes
that's probably it
>>
>>53778184
I've watched the whole series and the first movie and still didn't know almost any of that
>>
>>53778503
It's background information, mostly released in supplemental materials.

Whether it's canon is up to you.
>>
>>53778395
Highest tech level is diesel engines, actually. Very rare because there's no petroleum so it needs to run on cooking oil.

Magic, however, makes the tech level kinda weird. You need at least one hand free to cast so there's revolver gun-swords and airships.
>>
>>53778451
I thought humanity survived, thanks to Shinji rejecting the idea that life should be without pain and suffering? I mean shit was clearly still very fucked up but it could have been worse I suppose
>>
>>53769982
Non-Specific Rim
>>
>>53773782
>tfw you'll never have a giant trapezoid, shape-changing, laser-shooting girlfriend that hides a giant diamond drill in her pooper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH0UaKazSVc
>>
>>53778540
The ending to the series is pretty ambiguous because it basically just illustrates Shinji's thoughts. He ends up accepting himself as he is, the walls of his 'mind-room' shatter and he's surrounded by cheering loved ones in a surreal other world.

It sounds happy enough, but it could just as easily mean that Shinji accepted instrumentality, resulting in his AT field shattering and in his joining the now-unified blob that remains of the human race.

The series intentionally leaves this open to interpretation.

Then End of Evangelion showed Shinji rejecting instrumentality, killing Lilith in the process and ending up on a desolate beach next to a sea of primordial ooze. On the plus side, the mentally scarred German-American redhead he jizzed on while she was unconscious in a hospital is by his side. So there's that.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nolTeVx_Emo

Best fight is Sahaquiel in the rebuild.
>>
>>53775432
They look cool as shit is what they do.
>>
>>53778503
Multimedia franchises are a bitch to figure out because you need to do a shitload of legwork to get the data and then put it all together.
>>
>>53778500
Levia--tan and company are basically angels as is.
>>
>>53778615
2.0 was pretty fun, shame about 3.0.
>>
>>53778658
Sahaquiel's redesign was pretty cool too.
>>
>>53778615
The most dramatic game of catch in history.
>>
>>53769985
>I don't remember Jesus jerking off over a passed out German girl

Not even American Jesus would do that, because she's a disgusting ginger.
>>
>>53778078
>german/japanese mom & and american dad
>german

muh heritage

>>53778064
>You can, actually.

That's what I meant. My english isn't my strongest part
>>
File: x.jpg (39KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
39KB, 624x351px
>>53770083
>Well, Eva is kind of terrible, despite the love it gets, but the way it's explained is actually fairly clever. By making the Lore so "messy and esoteric" they forced people to put a lot of effort into figuring out what the hell is going on. Because of all this effort, they can abuse the "sunken cost fallacy" to force people to claim they found the experience enjoyable.

Hai there.
>>
>>53770083
Do get your head out of your ass one of these days.
>>
>>53778744

I stopped watching this after the four-toed giant statue, what happened after that?
>>
>>53775800
Because naming it "Come sweet death" would be a bit blunt.
>>
>>53778809
My brother loved the show. I just rolled my eyes and told him to keep on doing that, but to not expect any resolution to it all when he told me what had happened up to the point where they find the bunker with the dude pressing the button over and over again.
>>
>>53769789
Well thanks mate. I watched eva when I was 8 and I never knew this shit.
>>
>>53778615
Not even the best fight in Rebuild

Best fight ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9ExScjBno

Second best fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05carXpUuW4&t=174s

Best fight in Rebuild.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPozvc75PoE

Yes I know it goes against everything Shinji as a character is, turning him into a Shonen Pissed MC. But hell it feels great watching him kicking ass due to pure willpower.
>>
But what about Nerv Bridge Simulator?
>>
>>53779074
I would buy a big ass house and a VR if they announced a EVA pilot simulator
>>
>>53779094
Well you better buy a plane ticket instead, because it's already happening in a Bandai Namco arcade in Shinjuku.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/evangelion-vr-puts-you-in-the-pilots-seat-literally/
>>
>>53779074
You'd get "Get in the robot Shinji" and "Get tanged, lol" spam 24/7.
>>
>>53779094
I wonder how they would replicate breathing water, losing your limbs, and bonding with the soul of your dead mother.
>>
>>53779146
Well Tokyo, here we go.
>>
>>53779152
How do you write "AEIOU AEIOU John madden" In japanese?
>>
>>53776173
Underrated post
>>
>>53778595
The voice of an angel
>>
>>53778607
>>53778451
>>53778400
Thanks my dude you saved my childhood
>>
File: 1494769838161.png (122KB, 307x354px) Image search: [Google]
1494769838161.png
122KB, 307x354px
>>53770563

>There will never be a monsterpocalypse set of Pacific Rim Jaegers or Kaiju
>>
>>53768733
It's a superhero setting. War is declared, the angels are broken and destroyed by a macguffin allowing heroes to bypass the AT field.
>>
There's something I always wondered about the angels: where did they come from?
I mean geographically, like when they just sort of appear in tokyo 3 marching towards the geo front, where did they get there from?
There was that one from the volcano, but do the others just kind of roam around or come from the ocean or what?
>>
>>53781482
From the Moon, it's the most obvious in Sahaquiel's case where the fucker just turns into a rod from god.
>>
>>53770083
Eva isn't about the background details and lore, and it's perfectly enjoyable as a character analysis story about the psychological ramifications of children being forced to fight otherworldly horrors in giant robots.
>>
File: 1037249124.jpg (89KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
1037249124.jpg
89KB, 1000x541px
Probably the same thing that happens in episode 1, but without the Eva saving the day (setting is North Korea).
>>
>>53781930
>Implying the Glorius Leader of the Juche Revolution Kim Jong-un does not have a better EVA program than the filthy american puppets of Japan
>>
>>53782149
>implying Kim Jong Un doesn't have an AT field as powerful as an Eva
>>
File: pulgasari-5[1].jpg (84KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
pulgasari-5[1].jpg
84KB, 448x336px
>>53781930
>Glorious leader not riding the Pulgasari into battle.
https://youtu.be/_6OqNGbw8Ek
>>
>>53778839

Nothing wrong with that
>>
File: Poland and Lithuania.jpg (250KB, 850x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Poland and Lithuania.jpg
250KB, 850x1224px
What edition do you guys run your AdEva? I've wanted to run a campaign for my friends for a while but I don't know which edition is least broken.
>>
>>53782677
Borderline.
>>
>>53770801
Rather deal with Ramiel than Zeruel
>>
>>53779004
It makes sense when you look at Rebuild as the NG+ run.
Zeruel is the boss that's terrifying on your first playthough, but the second one is the "Alright bitch let's do this, no armor challenge run with an unupgraded dagger." fight.
>>
>>53778184
>Rei literally pilots herself since she's one of dozens of clones of Shinji's mom
Isn't it because the EVA units are clones of Lilith, and Rei has Lilith DNA?
>>
>>53782930
01 is a clone of lilith, rather than Adam, like the rest of the units. Rei has Lilith's soul, probably a shard rather than the whole. If it is a whole, it's pretty restrained through Rei III doesn't share the restraints Rei II has. And Rei is a clone of Yui.
>>
>>53782840
Toilet paperman of doom is fun, both versions.
>>
>>53782677
Depend what you want from your game. Personally I prefer Borderline but some people find it too 'high powered'.
>>
File: Atlantic-Rimposter.jpg (115KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
Atlantic-Rimposter.jpg
115KB, 600x799px
>>53769982
>>53769094
Reminder that this exists.

And yes, it's just as bad as you might imagine a hastily produced, low-budget ripoff with no other purpose than to confuse people who are actually looking for Pacific Rim is.
>>
>>53783801

That's super dumb. It should be called "Mid-Atlantic Ridge".
>>
>>53770563

Nope. I can't get excited about this movie. Pacific Rim is literally my favorite movie, and everything about Uprising just sets me off.
>>
>>53783921
Well, consider Beacham and Del Toro are gone of the project AND its directed by the guy who made Prometheus of fucking course its going to be utterly terrible.

inb4 Pacific Rim is the modern highlander
>>
>>53778184
SEELE reject the idea of fusing with evangelions in EoE. They want the full instrumentality so that humanity can ascend to a higher level of whatever. Gendo wants a more controlled instrumentality so he can join his wife, he doesn't care about the rest. His plan is never explained but it would make more sense if he was the one trying to fuse with EVA 01.
>>
Iblis?
>>
>>53783981

It was just a series of things gett worse.
"Oh, they are casting Boyega as Stacker's son? But that totally ruins Stacker and Mako's relationship."
"Del Toro isn't directing?"
"They've thrown out the original script for the movie and rewriting it from scratch?"

It's all so terrible. And these new designs look like Knock-offs of the original Jaegers. Just... fuck man. I would have preferred no sequel rather than this.
>>
>>53784050
Well, the Jager designs were probably going to change anyway because you'll notice in the first movie that each generation/mark gets sleeker plus we knew that if there was a sequel we'd see a Gypsy Danger 2. A mech getting trashed and it's replacement being an upgraded version make perfect sense and is a staple of the genre. Gypsy Danger 2 being the Great Mazinger/Getter Dragon to the original.

Boyega isn't a very good actor but at the very least it could be salvaged in that he could resent his distant or even estranged father seemingly loved his adoptive daughter more than him. Shade of evangelion and daddy issues right there.

Don't get me wrong it will totally suck but some of those ideas conceptually could have worked even if Del Toro had stuck around.
>>
>>53784050
The jew strikes again. Pol was right about Boyega.
>>
>>53784138
Meh, they'll shill him for a couple year and he'll rot in obscurity like Shia Lebouf did after the 2000 had passed.
>>
>>53784185
I'm concerned about how they'll work in the black cock cuck staff. It's not a Boyega movie without the staff.
>>
>>53784208
Honestly I'm amused Rinko got shafted from one of the lead roles in the sequel when asians actually are a minority when it come to hollywood casting compared to black, white or jewish actors. Yeah, I know, she wasn't all that good but she really helped make the movie really seem like some actually-good live action adaptation of a non-existing mecha anime.
>>
File: EvaIceberg.jpg (903KB, 1577x2216px) Image search: [Google]
EvaIceberg.jpg
903KB, 1577x2216px
>>53784296
Probably had the gall to ask for a fair wage. That whore.
>>
>>53784362
>That pic
Always a goldmine for AE ideas.
>>
>>53784362
Truly, Ramiel is best girl
>>
>>53768733
I get the GM copies of anime that isn't shit.
>>
>>53778743
>muh heritage
Born and raised in Germany, shows up speaking German, angry about not having German food, yeah, if it looks like a German, smells like a German, and talks like a German, it's probably just as German as the song. (Which is not especially German, but hey, who really cares?)
>>
>>53785100
The lyrics are an exceedingly accurate view of the thoughts of a suicidally depressed person.
>>
File: 250px-132Ditto.png (41KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-132Ditto.png
41KB, 250x250px
>>53768733
A ditto transforms into a LoL and murders them all.
>>
>>53784632
>GM copies of anime that isn't shit
Too deep for you? Maybe Lucky Star is fits you better.
>>
>>53769402

something something First Ancestral Race.

i dunno, is the FAR still even canon?
>>
>>53787264
No clue, it's not like Anno care about the story anymore in the remake.
>>
>>53768733
They become the Judgement Arcana and decide to shift stuff since nothing has really been changing regardless of iterations/loops.
>>
>>53769985
Asuka is Mary Magdalene, anon.
>>
>>53768733

Exterminatus.
>>
>>53768803
The pcs maybe give a shit
>>
File: 1497402194830.jpg (20KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1497402194830.jpg
20KB, 350x197px
>>53768733
>>
>>53768733
How effective is an AT Field against Vancian Magic? What are the Fort and Will saves of an Angel?
>>
>>53791580
Infinite will and fortitude to the point that they physically distort spacetime. Vancian magic would have a very, very bad day against the Angels.
>>
>>53791609
That seems to be a ridiculous premise though, since D&D has stats for similarly reality-warping entities and they're vulnerable to magical spells.
>>
>>53791770
How many DnD beasties would shrug off a thousand hydrogen bombs or survive miles deep in magma? Angels are ridiculously OP.
>>
>>53791770
The angels are almost literally something that's permanently succeeding a will save to ignore physical laws and impose their metaphysical nature on the world.
>>
>>53791872
Quite a lot actually. Those are considered "mundane weapons" and so most higher-level monsters have DR or outright immunity to damage from them.
>>
>>53791886
... so you're saying they have spiral power?
>>
>>53791929
Other way around. Gurren Lagann was made by the same studio that had done Evangelion.
>>
>>53791941
Yes... thank you for murdering that joke.

It was a menace to society... and probably a rapist.
>>
File: LgycOWE.png (884KB, 1268x1446px) Image search: [Google]
LgycOWE.png
884KB, 1268x1446px
>>53791872
Literally any of them with Energy Immunity(Fire) cast?
>>
>>53791580
>>53791609
>>53791770
I wouldn't say they have infinite will/fort. However, they're nasty fuckers and don't exactly fit typical D&D type classifications. And the usual size is either ~120 ft or ~210 ft tall, with quite a few being larger which of the two sizes depending on which height you choose for the notably inconsitently sized Evangelions.
And the AT Field complicates things further.
They would not be pushovers, what with being reality warping bullshit machines, and may well ignore certain saves when translated to D&D terms, and would certainly be exceedingly high level opponents.
>>
>>53792132
A nuke isn't just fire, it's also an immense pressure wave and radioactive poison. At ground zero the rad poisoning alone would kill you even if somehow the bomb failed to go supercritical. You'd need immunity to wind/air element and poison as well.
>>
File: 1492725727930.jpg (84KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
1492725727930.jpg
84KB, 500x572px
>>53792205
Ring of Freedom of Movement, Heroes Feast to be immune to poison/disease. Or just be a lich.

D20 modern says nukes just do fire damage, though. Presumably fire damage includes pressure, because all explosions in pretty much every edition of D&D just do fire damage.

A level 20 party really doesn't have an issue surviving nukes, or killing angels for that matter. Worst case scenario they just plane shift it to the plane they like the least.
>>
>>53792309

>planeshift
> touch attack spell

Good luck, I guess? Most angels have attacks that basically would translate to 'unless you are functionally immune to damage, everything on the battlemap dies instantly' when applied to person sized dudes. Many of these area attacks can be fired off from a range beyond anything a wizard can cast without scrying.
>>
>>53792205
The N2 mines in Evangelion are specifically non-nuclear alternatives with none of the fallout.
>>
>>53792437
Touch attacks just have to beat Touch AC. Teenagers in robo-suits can pass their normal AC, so it can't possibly be that hard.

Not to mention that becoming ethereal is an extremely easy feat for a level 20 character. Our hero might just have his Coure Eladrin Familiar deliver the spell, as they can turn ethereal at will.
>>
>>53792651
But can you actually touch it? You'd have to bypass its AT Field to touch it, after all, and I don't think turning ethereal will work with that.
Don't forget, it blocks shit out a distance aways from it, and those 'robo suits' are there specifically TO bypass said Field.
>>
>>53792691
Unless an AT Field extends into other planes, becoming ethereal will bypass it. Hell, you could just use a shaped antimagic effect to deliver the spell.

At worst you could use a Candle of Invocation to contact your favorite deity and they'd send it to hell or wherever.
>>
>>53792437
>Person sized dudes

That's where you fucked up. 20th level D&D characters can walk off being dropped from orbit. They aren't really people anymore.
>>
>>53769441
2deep4u
Evangelion is literal perfection.
>>
>>53792729
AT fields aren't magic.
>>
>>53792651
Those teenagers are piloting artificially grown humanoid angels powered by the souls of their dead mothers. Robots are very explicitly not capable of defeating the AT field.
>>
>>53792845
Antimagic nullifies supernatural abilities too. AT is a supernatural ability because it comes from the soul.
>>
>>53792729
AT fields are an injection of a portion of another plane with dissimilar laws into our reality. Any spell that relies on its target being in the same plane would fail.
>>
>>53792651
>>53792729
>Teenagers in robo-suits can pass their normal AC, so it can't possibly be that hard.
>shaped antimagic effect
Holy shit, please don't try arguing in this thread anymore until you at least have a basic understanding of what Angels are and what AT fields are.
>>
>>53792868
>>53792871
>Holy shit, please don't try arguing in this thread anymore until you at least have a basic understanding of what Angels are and what AT fields are.

I could say the same thing.
>>
>>53788899
Anything other than vortex missiles isn't gonna do much.

Even vortex missiles might just be a setback, I don't even think warp entities have as much control or self-contained power (Chaos gods might but they are spread much thinner.)
>>
>>53792862
By that logic antimagic would turn people into tang
>>
>>53778184
>Human life was seeded on earth (by mistake) by ancient aliens. the Angels too. The two were never meant to co-exist

is this an allegory for people and muslims not being able to co-exist?
>>
>>53793244
People aren't tang balloons kept together by an internal AT field in any setting other than Evangellion. Since the Angels are entering another setting, either their rules only apply to them, or they stop working altogether. The host setting does not change to conform to their rules. By this logic, antimagic would do nothing to a native human, but would tang an evangellion human; or an evangellion human would tang immediately upon entering the host setting when his AT field, which does not exist in the host setting, ceases to be.
>>
>>53793189
Vortex definitely sounds like a good idea. Angels might survive in the Warp just fine, but they'll have some difficulty getting back out at least. Let them be Chaos' problem.
>>
ITT we see evafags arguing that Eva shit is completely divorced from any other given setting's rules so that AT fields are able to completely nullify the effects of anything but another Eva thing, and the other settings may spontaneously change to work by Eva rules when convenient
>>
>>53793309
Or, since they're entering another setting, an AT Field isn't magic and thus not shut down by antimagic.
>>
>>53793389
They more or less do. The entire concept, in setting, is that usually the only thing to get through an AT field is another AT field. Transplanted to another setting, the people in that setting would need to build technology based on the angels in order to fight them, or else use really stupidly powerful weapons. If you've got something maybe 100 times stronger than a nuke, you can probably hurt them. with it.
>>
>>53793471
If anything it would be psionic.
>>
>>53793501
It's kind of like transplanting Superman into a universe without kryptonite (there are still plenty of yellow suns). Sure there are other ways to deal with the problem, but it becomes far more difficult than it should be. You can either invent kryptonite (harder than it would be in setting, requires time and study of the enemy), or blow up the sun.
>>
>>53793519
Which is affected by antimagic by default, and is up to gm's discretion when using psionics rules.
>>
>>53793189
Enough power concentrated enough will do the job - such as with Ramiel.
Vortex may not be necessary for 40k, if only because 40k has such fucking bullshit huge power levels.
You'd definitely need Titan-killing weaponry at the bare minimum to punch through, though.
Vortex bullshit would definitely work.
>>
>>53793628
>such as with Ramiel.

That gun was just used to project the Eva's AT field.
>>
>>53793697
While that being the case would've been more interesting and is, indeed, what I went with when I ran my game of AdEva, as far as I can tell it has never been stated or implied to be such anywheres.
It was just that Ramiel's field (and possibly only Ramiel's) could be broken through by firing antimatter particles using the power of all of Japan. Despite 'beam of antiparticles' being very silly in and of itself
>>
>>53793697
There were plenty of angels wounded by N2 bombs (basically nuke equivalents). Of course, an entire barrage of them couldn't scratch Zeruel. If you had something a couple orders of magnitude stronger you could probably kill any of them without needing to use an anti-AT field at all, except maybe Iruel
>>
>>53793559
If there is a dude on the other setting whose power is that he can specifically leech solar energy it wouldn't be beyond reason to say he could leech the energy off superman's cells and depower him. The issue here is that everyone is saying "no AT field"
>>
My DM sort of uses something like the angels.

It usually involves us running away constantly though.
>>
File: 1487709942138.png (302KB, 490x457px) Image search: [Google]
1487709942138.png
302KB, 490x457px
>>53770083
>>
>>53793856
I'm not even sure that Ramiel had an especially strong defensive AT Field. The problem was more that anything vaguely threatening that got in line of sight of it ate particle beams.

The Rebuild take was super-neat though.

Angel power level is pretty varied. You could just nuke some to death, but others like Zeruel have a ridiculously strong shield or are just bizarre like Leliel.

On the other end of the spectrum you've got Matariel, whose only attack is crying acid on things directly underneath it and who got taken out with bullets, fired from a (large) gun.
>>
>>53794425
Rebuild Ramiel is probably the best thing to come out of Rebuild, though I'm also a sucker for Sahaquiel's itty bitty torso
>>
>>53794002
Nah that's easy. It's about Man's fear of being alone but also about how women are scary.
>>
>>53794477
I thought it was about how to squeeze ten episodes out of five episodes worth of budget
>>
>>53769866
>>53769925
The whole idea of the AT field is something that fascinated me ever since I first came across it.
At first I thought it was just a generic power field, but it is actually basically the "soul's" own self image projected around it, where it creates a territory in which the whims of the projector, are absolute truth and law. Hence they block bullets and fucking nukes, basically trough the power of "nuh uh, you can't hit me cus I say so".
>>
>>53794471
I appreciated how much of a giant troll Zeruel was too. Because of course it's going to shrug off N2 mines, eat Rei evangelion and all right in front of Shinji and then morph into a giant naked Rei with decorative Zeruel headdress.

Zeruel's definitely an angel that would be difficult to deal with out of setting, just because it's practically indestructible and a huge dick.
>>
>>53794509
It's also interesting that as a price for that, they are alone forever, each unique of their species, and can't really introspect or create properly without manifesting as hybridized humans (Rei and Tabris). Mastery of the universe or mastery of self, pick one.
>>
>>53786435
>Evangelion
>Deep
You have to be over 18 to post on this website.
>>
>>53794425
Matariel was defeated in the usual way, with the Eva's generating an anti-AT field. You want bizarre you look at Iruel, which is basically a rapidly evolving nanite swarm... with an AT field.
>>
You know, there's one way we could compare D&D and Angels.
It requires saying a Balor and a Bloodthirster are roughly equivalent, though (the latter trading in any spell-based bullshit for more melee bullshit), and there being Bloodthirster stats in an FFG 40k RPG.
>>
>>53768951
The AT field doesn't come from their setting, it comes from their souls.
>>
>>53794782
Yeah, I know. Still, it was only much of a threat because they had the power outage at the same time and had to fight it in a pipe directly below it. I'm pretty sure it's the only angel that went down to bullets after getting its AT field neutralised.
>>
>>53794916
would it be a strength or a weakness?

they cant overpower ATs if others dont have them so potential protection from mindfuckery and just turning to tang, but they are still giant monsters that can warp reality around them. but still technically killable.
>>
>>53793519
Psionics are affected by antimagic as per RAW, just like any other supernatural ability.
>>
>>53795120
The angels aren't going to turn you to tang, they'll just kill you or attempt to communicate in a way that will make you wish they tried to kill you.

Now if you see a bunch of naked blue haired teenage girls wandering around, then you're in for a tanging.
>>
To this day I still hunt for an anime on the WTF level of Evangelion. I fear that I may hve actually found it, or passed it, but because of immunity to weird anime bullshit I hadn't noticed.
>>
>>53795205
Yuri Kuma Arashi is good if you're in for weirdness.
>>
>>53795193
How is LCL made anyway ?
>>
>>53795278
The implication is freshly squeezed Lilith.
>>
>>53795205
Try Revolutionary Girl Utena
>>
>>53795298
They have her chained in the basement like Adam ?

Also why is Shinjis mother already in it ?
>>
>>53795350
Lilith is the one chained in the basement, NOT Adam. Adam is the embryo in the suitcase that Gendo later implants in his hand.
>>
>>53795472
Gotcha. What about Rei, what is it really ?
>>
>>53795493
Rei is the half-angel clone of Shinji's dead mom, meant to be the key to controlling Instrumentality and making it go Gendo's way
>>
>>53795516
Gotcha for Rei. Gendos plan is everyone going back to LCL-hive mind shit so he can be reunited with his wife right ? How is she already there ?

Also aren't EVAs the closest things to the ancient alien race since they have both the inwards AT field of the pilot and their own outwards AT field ?
>>
>>53795561
>How is she already there ?
IIRC it isn't clear if she's actually there or if Gendo is just that desperate to believe she's there

>aren't EVAs the closest things to the ancient alien race
They're directly made from the genetic material of Lilith, so possibly
>>
>>53795624
Only Eva 01 is made from Lilith, the others are made from angel material (Adam) instead.
>>
>>53795624
But they do have both an inwards and an outwards AT field right ?
>>
>>53784362
Still waiting on the action comedy Eva where Shinji and Rei are brother and sister, Gendou keeps thinking Shinji stopped existing after the divorce, the Angels are rival robots since to fucking with Nerv (Japan's best giant robo manufacturer), Asuka's mom is alive and just a former Youtube Prank Channel host, and the last two episodes are Shinji's shitty film school entry.
>>
>>53795561
Yui's soul was absorbed by the core of Shinji's EVA during a systems test while he was ~4 years old. When his synchronisation is high enough, Shinji can seem to communicate with her in the cockpit. So if everyone (including Gendo) is LCL in the cockpit, he'll "be" with Yui again.

The EVA's are Adam/Human hybrids, so are technically closest to the FAR, but the lobotomisation and other restraints leave them as a weak imitation.
>>
>>53794648
Yeah.
Makes one wonder what sort of living gods the FAR were.
>>
>>53796016
Eva 00, 02, and 03+ are adam-based. Eva 01 is literally ripped from Lilith's body.

Eva 01 becomes a "god" when it consumes Zeruel's S2 engine, thereby incorperating both Lilith and Adam into it's being.
>>
>>53795493
Rei is a Yui clone with Lilith's(part) soul
Eva 01 is a Lilith clone with Yui's soul
>>
>>53796067
>>53796490
Why is eva 01 lilith-based ? Are all other evas yui's/adam clones ?
>>
>>53769866
Can you have AT field facing both invard and outward?

>>53768733
>The angels from evangelion are in your setting.
>What happens?

Military grade superhuman AI estabilishes communication with them, then initiates psychoanalysis session in which it destroys their sense of self, tanging them. That happens if the AI has hours, should it have days, it would insetad subvert their egos entirely, for practical purposes replacing it with a copy of its own personality and I dunno what would happen then.
>>
>>53797581
>Can you have AT field facing both invard and outward?
Can you have a lens that is simultaneously concave and convex?
>>
>>53796016
Note that Yui getting absorbed by 01 was in all likelihood completely intentional.
>>
>>53797581
....what if they just don't communicate back in the first place?
I mean you'll probably get Iruel, Arael, and Tabris that way, probably Leliel as well, but none of the rest seemed to give a single fuck.
>>
>>53798331
Not on Gendo's part. Neither he nor Fuyutsuki would have intentionally sublimated Yui into an Eva.

Just another bone of contention between them and SEELE.

Also worth noting that had Rei been a stable clone of Yui things might have turned out very differently.

I was never clear on whether Yui was tanged into the Eva, or if it copied her AT field? I suppose the difference is moot though.
>>
>>53798442
Of course it wasn't intentional on Gendo or Fuyutsuki's part.
It would've been intentional on Yui's part.
>>
>>53798521
Yeah, Yui was miles above Gendo as far as being a terrible parent goes.
>>
>>53795343
Utena's just bad, though. What a piece of garbage anime, christ. I can't believe so many people latch onto it like it means anything deep

At least Eva has a worthwhile story about something interesting, and a setting to die for
>>
>>53795669
They do. That's why Shinji almost triggers an impact in rebuild with 01
>>
>>53798442
She vanishes fully into it, while Asuka's mom just has her soul sucked out.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.