[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superpowered Healer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: FH.jpg (58KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
FH.jpg
58KB, 500x355px
In a typical superheroic setting, how would the world respond to someone who could literally resurrect the dead, cure cancer, regrow limbs, or perform other miraculous feats on a large scale?

My character can make four (fragile) clones of himself that retain all of his abilities and I want to have them helping the civilian population while he is out fighting crime.

Also, would you allow this type of build as a GM?
>>
File: jesus-5.jpg (294KB, 1108x788px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-5.jpg
294KB, 1108x788px
>>53768665
>In a typical superheroic setting, how would the world respond to someone who could literally resurrect the dead, cure cancer, regrow limbs, or perform other miraculous feats on a large scale
Gee anon, I dunno
>>
>>53768665
The pharmaceutical and health insurance companies would have you killed in about 3 hours
>>
In a realistic setting your healer character would be faced with some problems. First of all pharmaceutical companies would tried to limit the effect of said individual as they would be a threat to their bottom line. Either by bribes or by law suit they would do everything in their power to prevent you from helping people for free. If you hopped over that hurdle then would come the assassination attempts. Again you're hurting the bottom line of some of the richest organizations in the modern world. No cost is too great to remove a threat like your character. Then we get to the religious types, it is highly likely that a person with this type of miraculous power would gather a following among those who are religious. Think of it like reverse terrorism with every religion wanting to take credit for the miracle. This could cause conflict and you can't stop one group without encouraging another. Then when that's all said and done there comes the conflict of choice; how do you decide who to help first? Do you help your community? Do you go where you are needed the most? How do you define the most.

All of the above could drive conflict in a campaign and would ultimately define the character. I for one would welcome that type of super as opposed to the usual flying bricks or comic book ripoffs that I usually get.
>>
>>53768665

The sad thing is, even without barriers, four miracle healers still wouldn't make that much of a difference. It's a truly enormous planet, and the amount of people you could heal would be a drop in the bucket. A good thing to do, but not something that would really change anything.
>>
Well that is a lot to deal with, at least it gives the GM something to use as another potential sort of conflict. I was thinking of having the character be fairly religious and he is part of what is essentially the justice league so that adds another layer of intrigue to this entire mess.

Perhaps we can use this thread to discuss super powered characters we enjoyed playing or would really want to play?
>>
>>53768665
Your character could make more of a difference by selling your services to the wealthiest people at top dollar and using the money to build free clinics
>>
>>53768665
How common are superheroes, and how common is healing?
In an high-power superhero setting... you can get a job at the super-hospital, and the government might have your name on a list of heroes to call in case of natural (and unnatural) disasters.
>>
>>53769045
I actually thought about doing that. No reason not to charge for services. That would also prevent assassination attempts. I was considering just fishing for donations but that might be more effective in the long run. That being said, the healing is ridiculously OP. Like, resurrect 300,000 recently dead people in a day OP.
>>
>>53768837
>not capturing him and selling his blood to cure super AIDS

Enjoy 2nd place at all the industry conventions
>>
>>53769073
super heroes are literally one in a million. Most are flying brick types or otherwise physically oriented. They are pretty evenly split between heroes, villains, and soldiers/agents of countries.
>>
>>53769128
>cure

That's the issue. They're in the business of keeping people on medication the rest of their lives, not actually fixing the problem
>>
>>53769391
What, you think there aren't any side effects? C'mon maaaan.

We've got treatments for that too.
>>
>>53769391
If MediCorp and Pharma Inc just want to sell the symptom suppressant, then HippoChem gets an open goal if they develop a cure.

Now they may not choose to invest heavily in curing this or that when simply medicating western life style diseases is more profitable, but for all that's fucked about the medical industry, don't expect them to pass on a cure in a hurry.

There's plenty enough shit that ought to have been fixed decades ago here, no need to go full tin foil.
>>
>>53769117
That does sound ridiculously OP. At that point why not just take over the world? Your army can afford one and a half million casualties a day and for the promise of resurrection you'll have no shortage of volunteers.
>>
>>53769844
Resurrection requires most of a body and cannot be performed after 24 hours. Also, every nation has one 300,000 of their population of similarly powerful and awe inspiring heroes directly on their pay roll.
>>
A hero I have always wanted to play was a flying brick who augmented his powers by wearing an ironman style suit, using magic, and studying advanced martial practices.
>>
>>53770426
someone who was below tier in every individual style but caught up to more gifted PCs by getting every last drop of power possible.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.