[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 89

File: HHGAlt.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HHGAlt.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
Rolled 6 (1d26)

Comfy Thread Break edition.
Autokrator idiots subedition.

Vorax-chan was awfully concerned with her looks, Primarchs took yet another crack at the Warmaster's job and Abbadon remains a massive dick. Magnus and the Khan were the chillest of bros until Russ burned down Space Oxbridge. A long and civil discussion on Legions v. Forge Worlds occurred and the Mechanicum isn't allowed any planes or cars. Knight Errants remain useless and a different Emperor designed himself a Warlord Titan.All this and more in the last thread >>53736665

>Thread FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
https://mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
>>
First for Saganposting.
>>
File: Tangahi_Attack_Bike_Squad.jpg (152KB, 796x807px) Image search: [Google]
Tangahi_Attack_Bike_Squad.jpg
152KB, 796x807px
Second for questionable perspective and physics.
>>
File: image.png (209KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
209KB, 800x590px
>>53763628
What sort of theme does Iron Hands marines follow?
>Ultramarines: Roman
>Bangles: Renaissance Italians
>Dangles: Old Hebrew
>Scars: Asian/mostly Mongolian
>>
>>53763896
Cyborgs
>>
>>53763896
Psychotic mechanized nomad tribal technophiles is already a strong theme, no need to borrow anything.
>>
File: gorgon.jpg (488KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
gorgon.jpg
488KB, 1536x2048px
>>53763896
They've tried not to make it overt, but you could make the case for Sparta. Almost everything we know about Sparta is from other Greeks so it's probably grossly exaggerated, but it fits - they supposedly hated weakness to the point of killing babies they didn't think would grow up to be strong, only marked the gravestones of people who died doing something worthy, and were very attached to their equipment ("Come back with your shield or laid upon it"). Aristotle thought their way of fighting was short-sighted, just like Mr. Manus's.

Medusa and the Gorgon are Greek, of course. Never mind that the Gorgons were female (Medusa was the leader of the three, and they were daughters of Echidna and... Typhon), and that there was a Spartan queen named Gorgo.

Ferrus's youth sounds a lot like Hercules's story, and Medusa's seismic nature and competing clans is also pretty Greek (city-states).
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 353x353px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 353x353px
>>53764146
>>53764169
>>53764195
Thanks, Anons. I guess the Iron Warriors have to share the Greek theme with the Hands. Come to think of it didn't the Hands also do the "Iron without, Iron within" motto back in older editions too?
>>
>>53764195
>and were very attached to their equipment ("Come back with your shield or laid upon it")
That's not them being attached to their shield. It's just a fancy way of saying "don't run away like a cowardly faggot" because fleeing soldiers drop their stuff to run faster.
>>
>>53764344
Upon further reading, I concede the point.

>>53764256
I wonder if they were meant to be based on competing city-states. "Tyrant" was the word used for a lot of Syracuse's leaders, and that's where Archimedes was from... Perturabo rolls them all into one. They were usually under siege though, rather than besieging.
>>
>>53763896
Cybernetic-Icelanders-At war with other cybernetic-Icelanders

At least that's the vibe I've gotten.
>>
>>53764853
>"Tyrant" was the word used for a lot of Syracuse's leaders
Tyrant was a common institution across the Greek World.
>>
>>53765088
Tyrant was our equivalent of a dictator back then, it's only American cultural hegemony that makes us hate dictator anyway
>>
>>53764256
How the fuck are the iron hands Greek, stoicism is not exclusively Greek
>>
>>53764195
>I shall fight until I need to stop fighting
>shortsighted
Anon I-
Names are assigned at random because they were public schoolboys, it's what happens with names
>>53763896
If ADB could retcon so much why didn't he make the UM more dicks to the WE considering WE are Roman slaves
>>
>>53765271
Speak for yourself. Democratic societies are more easily divided and conquered due to the fractions in leadership, one will is always more efficient.
>>
>>53765288
>What is Meduson
>What is the Gorgon
>REEEE
>>
>>53765332
He didn't want to make it too obvious.
>>
>>53765369
Having a couple Greek named things doesn't mean the legion culture is Greek.

If anything the XX are more culturally Greek than anybody.
>>
>>53765363
>implying even in an autocracy you don't have political opponents wishing to seize power
>>53765369
NAMES, are the salamanders Roman now because they have centurions
>>
>>53765363
>one will is always more efficient.
It's potentially more efficient, but it depends entirely on who you get and it isn't always going to be good. Same as with monarchies, except those are worse because of the inbreeding. The 'unity' in a dictatorship is a front; those countries are often pretty unstable. Both my parents grew up in different dictatorships, and there was much less social cohesion than after democraticizing - everyone just held it in, so it festered and couldn't improve until democratization let everyone air their grievances and start working through them.

Democracy's got issues, but the ability to oust leaders after a few years without starting a war is a godsend.
>>
>>53765753
Imperial names may be Greek or Latin based, sure (the Principia Belicosa ends up being the IRL Strategikon), but themes are a thing and for the 80's eurocentric British game designers, the "old world" was Greece and Vikings ft "those guys to the east".
Lucky me, I like the greeks, but saying competing clan land-crawlers aren't city-states isn't true.
>>
>>53765812
>Both my parents grew up in different dictatorships,
Which ones?
>>
>>53765833
>the old world
The fuck is wrong with you this always meant Europe and Asia, Americas is new world
I think you mean classical for ancient Greeks and actual Persians ruling Persia
>>
>>53765755
>Vulkan
>Greek god of smithing, associated with fire, made most of the weapons of his godly kin
Gee, total blackface that guy huh.
Besides Nocturne being a fiery death world with 7 cities (one of them the literal Hades), filled with reptiles, black people and smiths, what else is in that planet of hats?
Otherwise we know about it as much as the White Scars' Mundus Planus, aka Chogoris, where they do it mongol style and have horse clans in the steppes.
And that's about the legion nobody really knows about.
See how the beloved of the people are as fluffed as the guys nobody know about? What kind of theme can you pull out of that lack of fluff besides "world of hats"?
A fucking typo making Vulkan oppose the codex astartes years after he was killed on Istvaan V was the only thing that allowed Kyme to do whatever he wanted with Vulkarine: Immortal. A fucking mistake.
So that's your answer: it's not even fluffed, have an anvil and a hammer.
>>
>>53765880
>Implying the Brits don't refer to the new world as "the colonies"
:^)
>>
File: The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png (512KB, 2753x1400px) Image search: [Google]
The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png
512KB, 2753x1400px
>>53765983
They still think they rule the world.
>>
>>53765983
Hey, it's not like we conquered ALL of the Americas.
>>
>>53765983
We call former colonies the colonies and the new world the new world, I could never be prime minister because id start the press conference with America by calling them rebels
>>
>>53766014
>tfw no independent new found land because they all died at the Somme
>>
File: SkitariiFiringLine.jpg (794KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SkitariiFiringLine.jpg
794KB, 1920x1080px
>>53765983
Only the old gits or when drunk or sarcastic, nowadays. Which is always, at least for the last one.
The Yanks can have the job, left too many institutions around the place with massive delusions of grandeur and people with the same. I'm happy to try and keep this little island comfy and contribute in some small way to the development of mankind, but unfortunately all the politics in the world decided to go a bit insane at once and island comfiness is rapidly decreasing. At least some random dicks can't Death of Innocence the NHS or something. Oh wait.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 634x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 634x408px
>>53766090
You'd still be near Leafistan. One of these days the Day of the Rake will happen, and when it does this can happen the day after.
>>
>>53766161
Why can't that happen now? Are my fellow Leaves being obstructionist? That doesn't sound like us.
thread thoroughly derailed
>>
>>53766231
>complaining about British history in a quintessential British war game
This is why leaves should be burnt with the tiny samples of promethium we created so far
>>
FFS can we start talking about how great the Primordial Truth is now?

Magnus did nothing wrong because his actions crippled the Emperor and set the stage for ultimate victory for Chaos.
>>
File: Calth.jpg (425KB, 1199x800px) Image search: [Google]
Calth.jpg
425KB, 1199x800px
gdi, I leave the thread for a day and look what happens. Have this freshly baked meme I found.
>>
File: No.jpg (133KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
133KB, 623x414px
>>53766287
>can we start talking about how great the Primordial Truth is now?
>>
File: 1408846800483.jpg (235KB, 824x969px) Image search: [Google]
1408846800483.jpg
235KB, 824x969px
haha
>>
>>53766320
>lorgar isn't a deep red from the blood of the custodians
>guilliman has his modern armour
Y tho
>>
>>53766231
I honestly don't know, Leaf. Maybe I just want the Raking to happen for the memes.
>>
>>53766442
Explain how Perty wasn't the better builder and sieger
>>
>>53766503
>Explain how Perty wasn't the better builder and sieger
He had 3x the legions, 4x the number of god-like beings and the height advantage at Terra and lost.
Also, the Emperor chose Dorn over Perturabo as Terra's praetorian.
>>
>>53766567
You mean 2 Legions and the odd unit of non-IW/SoH that hadn't gone COMPLETELY bonkers, and an unknown number of highly unreliable shitheads.
>>
>>53766567
Not really 3x. The EC weren't really helping, the NL had been shattered and weren't in full force, the TS remnants were small in number, and the AL weren't there. So more like 2x the legionnaires. You typically want a 3x advantage against a fortified position.

They were about to win, anyway. They were breaking through. Just not quickly enough to wrap things up before the DA and UM arrived.
>>
>>53766567
Petty broke open the Imperial palace which was his only job. Not his fault all the other Daemon Primarchs were incompetent.

On a semi-related note why didn't any of the traitors Exterminatus Terra when it was clear Horus was dead and the battle was lost?
>>
>>53766699
Because you need special ships to do that?
>>
>>53766040
Kek they didn't. That's why we speak Spanish over here :^).
>>53766065
>I could never be prime minister because id start the press conference with America by calling them rebels
I like this Brit. +1 to all his tea.
>>
>>53766772
Says who? You just need cyclonic torpedoes which the legions had.
>>
File: 1a.jpg (169KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1a.jpg
169KB, 600x620px
>>53766447
His old armour has nowhere near the ammount of gold that the new one does
>>
Do we know if abandon was in fact a horse clone
>>53766810
Loaded one at a time when you're trying to flee?
>>
>>53766868
>for the whole of HH, Little Horus is constantly noted to be the most aesthetically similar to Horus
>Torgaddon is taller than Abaddon and Horus is taller than Torgaddon

And then, in Talon of Horus
>Horus and Abaddon are the same height
>impossible to tell them apart when they're face-to-face

So not only did Abaddon's facial structure change, but he grew 2-3 feet?
>>
File: nobody cared who i was.jpg (87KB, 1076x742px) Image search: [Google]
nobody cared who i was.jpg
87KB, 1076x742px
>>53766503
I remember the sieges by Perturabo vs the orks that repelled both the SW and WS (probably because neither of them spoke gothic), Dantioch vs Idriss Krendl the inventor of the Ironfire, Kyr Vhalen's and his buff to sieges, even when anon pulled a Paramar inspired by his actions...
But all the siege we know of the IFs are two bits: Dorn becomin Praetorian for some fucking obscure reason that is NEVER mentioned and doesn't even discuss the specifics of fortifying Terra but insteads uses the Fist's bigger than average fleet to hold the Solar system...and a bit about fists building a fortress on each world they conquered. Singular fortress.
Oh you think that's an innovation? That's standard procedure.
The Fortress of Compliance built on Istvaan III that survived an exterminaturs and from where Tarvitz fucked Eidolon's army? Built by human hands: that world was conquered by the Raven Guard.
Despite supposedly their siege-y nature, we have no accounts about Imperial Fists even being on sieges besides the Battle of Terra and the 40k Sentinels of Terra supplement, where they're confused with the Black Templars.
In fact that's all we do know from the Fists:
How Black Templars are the only ones who aren't famous for geting BTFOd (OG Fists, Crimson Fists, Soul Drinkers, the other descendants aren't even famous at all), how they're good with shooting rifles and how they have a good fleet and are good at boarding, as seen at Phall.
At Phall they also launch three known boarding attacks, two of them fail.
But yeah, Imperial Fist sieges. I'm still waiting for them.
>>
>>53767015
I always assumed Horus' clone was imperfect and shorter than the real Horus.
>>
File: Vengegul Spirit French.png (616KB, 602x379px) Image search: [Google]
Vengegul Spirit French.png
616KB, 602x379px
>>53767015
WTF Abaddon was smol?
I remember a Vindicare killing Horus in full regalia, tall as he ough to, face exposed, only to find it was a Chuck Testa that looked just like him.
>>
>>53767115
>WTF Abaddon was smol?
Only a manlet could be butthurt for 10k years straight.
>>
File: LAPR drop fleet.png (211KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
LAPR drop fleet.png
211KB, 500x212px
I have a liking for mass aerial landings, especially with a couple big gunships/carriers supported by smaller flyers and orbital support helping out entrenched shooty guys.

What army lets me go full Landing at Point Rain on some poor peoples?
>>
>>53767160
>Ezekyle Abaddon, first captain of the Legion, was a towering brute. Somewhere between Loken’s height and Torgaddon’s, he seemed greater than both due to the cresting top-knot adorning his otherwise shaved scalp.

(Horus Rising)

>Ezekyle loomed, it was his thing, and he tried to loom over Sejanus as though he actually thought he could intimidate him. Ridiculous, as it was only the topknot that made him taller.

(Wolf of Ash and Fire)
>>
File: Yeah, Stratovox, bitch.jpg (664KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
Yeah, Stratovox, bitch.jpg
664KB, 750x1334px
>>53767203
Alvarex Maun, Master of Descent of the Raven Guard
>>
File: laughingbitches.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
laughingbitches.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>53767233
>Manletaddon
>Can be killed by anyone with artificer + power fist because he's a Praetor that lacks a Paragon Blade.
>>
>>53764344
I thought it came from the shields being expensive?
>>
>>53767233
>Ezekyle loomed, it was his thing, and he tried to loom over Sejanus as though he actually thought he could intimidate him. Ridiculous, as it was only the topknot that made him taller.
This writing is awful. What the fuck McNeill?
>>
>>53767280
pls do not bully the Warmaster!!!!11

but no seriously, how did he make up the height difference? Do Astartes keep growing, like lobsters, if you let them alone?
>>
>>53767316
No, it just means win or die trying. The shield itself is irrelevant in the quote.
>>
File: Barabas_Dantioch.jpg (48KB, 450x534px) Image search: [Google]
Barabas_Dantioch.jpg
48KB, 450x534px
>>53767338
>Do Astartes keep growing, like lobsters, if you let them alone?
Nope, they do get older in all the senile scope of the word.
Cannon examples are old man Sigismund (presumably killed at the First Black Crusade) and Dantioch, who was tested to be around 3000 years old after the war with the Hrud and he's described struggling with moving just as older people are, but not an inch taller. Dante doesn't count because of vampiric eternal youth.
Probably Abaddon wasn't a normal astartes and was indeed a project enhanced as gene-progeny/clone like the rumours say.
>>
>>53767338
he comissioned plateau boots from the dark mechanicum
>>
File: what are thooose.png (769KB, 756x349px) Image search: [Google]
what are thooose.png
769KB, 756x349px
>>53767434
It is indeed a possibility.
t. Blanche
>>
>>53767338
Abaddon stopped by Cawl's house and got Primarised.
>>
When do you think we'll get another proper novel for the Sons of Horus?
>>
File: abaddon1p.jpg (73KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
abaddon1p.jpg
73KB, 800x680px
>>53767483
I really wanted Abaddon to lose an arm in the novels, to be replaced by bionics like so many astartes have (like Garro). At least his power fist arm, the one that eventually carries the Warmaster's Talon.
>>
>>53767483
When Magnus shows common sense.
>>
>>53767483
When the story gets to Terra probably. The White Scars are already there and the Blood Angels are on the way judging by the Ruinstorm cover so hopefully soon.
>>
File: I Feel The Busey Overtaking Me.gif (1MB, 384x352px) Image search: [Google]
I Feel The Busey Overtaking Me.gif
1MB, 384x352px
>>53767015
Chaos is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>53767525
Turns out Magnus' common-sense shard is trapped under the Imperial Palace, and that's the reason the TS side with the traitors.
I wish I was fucking memeing.
>>
>>53767521
man, I don't think it's possible to make abaddon look good
>>
>>53767592
At least on Molech his ponytail gets blown off so it's canon to model him without it.
>>
File: abaddon-lokanp5.jpg (130KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
abaddon-lokanp5.jpg
130KB, 800x680px
>>53767615
IT IS?! FUCKING POST THE EXCERPT PLEASE I'm fucking laughing.
>Eeeeeeeeeeey
-Abaddon's battle cry, as recorded from Istvaan III
>>
>>53767556

Fucking Black Library man. And with Alan Bligh gone, we'll never get great tier HH fluff again.
>>
File: THIS IS NOT FUCKING CANON!.png (293KB, 394x599px) Image search: [Google]
THIS IS NOT FUCKING CANON!.png
293KB, 394x599px
Anyone have the audiobook version of blood games?
>>
>>53766699
One reason sieges are common in the 40k universe is that planets have means of defending themselves from bombardment. You have to break into the fortification to turn off the shields. It's also a slow process, and the DA/UM fleet was incoming - they didn't have time.

On a related note, a lot of people often ask why the Emperor didn't just teleport a nuke up to the Vengeful Spirit. That one's easy; someone or something with psychic powers was able to split up the boarding party exactly the way they wanted, so that nuke's getting diverted outdoors.
>>
>>53767655
I think this is what he was talking about? It's on Dwell not Molech, though it is from the same book (Vengeful Spirit) so maybe that's where the mix-up came from.

>Ezekyle and Aximand appeared at their primarch’s side. The First Captain’s face was a mask of crimson, his topknot burned down to the skull. Strands of it hung over his face, making him look like the victim of a wasting disease.
>>
>>53767806
Now how will he get good reception without his topknot?
>>
>>53767537
That would be the end then, right?
>tfw not ready to see Loken, Aximand, or hell, even Tormageddon die
>to say nothing of Horus, Sang, and the Emperor

Feels bad man.
>>
>>53768073
I'd be shocked if the series didn't continue on into The Scouring. BL doesn't seem the type to let such a massive cash cow end.
>>
>Since my previous story got mentioned in the op
have another one

“Don’t act so high and mighty,” the voice reverberated from behind the omnipresent rebreather.

“The fact we both favor green is not a point of unity between us,” Vulkan replied in a voice that was carefully neutral. He did not turn to look at his brother, but continued to study the holo-map as its information updated. “We are not alike.”

“We’re more alike than you want to admit,” Mortarion replied, matching Vulkan’s cautious toneless in a stubborn manner reminiscent of his dogged infantry tactics. “You hold weapons like phospex and bio-phage at arms’ length with one hand, then you turn around and with the other you wield a flamer with all the zealotry of a Thunder Warrior. You and your legion sing the praises of the fires of Nocturne with no less determination than the Death Guard embrace the mists of Barbarus. Death by fire,” emphasized Mortarion, even as he noted the way Vulkan’s hand was beginning to curl up. “One of the most agonizing ways for a human being to die. Isn’t it more monstrous to talk about how much you love humanity when at the same time-”

“Stop.”
>>
>>53768215
Vulkan had turned about, the movement shockingly swift and fluid for such a big man wearing bulky power armor. He raised his hand, but rather than a fist he held his index finger out towards Mortarion in warning. “Let me explain the difference between us. Yes, a death by fire is one of the most terrible ways to die. That is why the Salamanders treat it with the respect it deserves. Not merely in the way it makes us strong, whether it flies from our gunbarrels or marks our flesh in ritual, but also the way it brings our foes low, as well as the way fire can be shaped and treated to craft works of wonder. My sons are taught to mark in their minds the horror of war and the joy of creation in equal measure. We do not revel in the killing power, in the pain and suffering we cause, but we recognize its purpose in the greater plan to craft a lasting edifice that will protect the whole of humanity.
>>
>>53768215
>>53768241
“That is the difference between us, Mortarion,” he said, crimson eyes locked to the XIV’s own wolf-gold. “You and yours have embraced the poisons of Barbarus to the point where you have come to believe that every human being not as strong as yourselves is unworthy of purpose. The Salamanders wield the dreadful power of flame only in last resort, when we have failed to find the good ground between once side and another, whereas you have come to revel in your poisonous tinctures and your toxins. You have chosen to set an arbitrary bar of worth and say ‘this high and no lower, or you are not worth consideration’ and that, more than any other thing, is what separates us. You cannot place a value upon a human being, Mortarion. To do so is an act of self-genocide. It is an act of racial suicide.”
>>
>>53768215
>>53768241
>>53768265
“I wonder if the eldar would agree with your precepts,” Mortarion riposted, without even a moment’s hesitation to rally from Vulkan’s onslught.

The comment did not cow the primarch of the XVIII in the least. Instead he raised his chin in defiance. “Is that the best you offer?” he asked. “Whataboutism in regards to my history with the eldar xenos? Have I ever voiced an objection to your crusade to remove the cruel warlords of Barbarus, that the human population might live free?” There was a long moment of pregnant silence before Vulkan shook his head. “No. There is no point of similarity between us, Mortarion, but that we are both primarchs and leaders of space marines in service to the Imperium. That is the beginning and the end of equivalence.”

With that, he bustled out of the room, his hammer held loosely in his offhand. Mortarion turned to watch him go, and though the Death Lord was characteristically silent, in time he raised one hand and gently drew and armored thumb across the tines of his rebreather grille, the slow ticking of the metal a long-held accompaniment to the moments in which he was most introspective.
>>
>>53768119
I hope they go back and fill in some gaps before moving onto the Scouring. More Manus, more Mortarion, maybe some others that didn't get enough screen time. Maybe a book revealing what Alpharius was actually thinking, FFS.

But they probably will go into the Scouring because it isn't terribly clear where the Heresy ends and that begins. In a way, the Siege of Terra was like Stalingrad or Kursk - a turning point after which one side looked sure to lose, but only halfway through the actual fighting.
>>
>>53768215
>>53768241
>>53768265
>>53768286
Not bad m80, not bad at all.
>>
>>53767252
OK, after a look that seems pretty cool. I can take some ground troops to call down the thunder with, right? So could I do a Militia allies force with some tanks and infantry blobs which can hold the line and put out supporting fire for all the stabby birdmen hurling themselves out of planes? Problem is it seems to restrict fortifications, which means I can't bunker down till help arrives.
>>
>>53768308
>I hope they go back and fill in some gaps before moving onto the Scouring. More Manus, more Mortarion
That's what they're doing with the Primarchs books. Ferrus is next.
>>
>>53768343
It would be wrong of me to not point out that I only posted this and the previous story.....I didn't write them

Links

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/if-the-emperor-watched-the-text-to-speech-device.408752/page-133#post-29365532

http://castellankurze.tumblr.com/post/160283124410/do-the-primarchs-mortarion-and-vulkan-get-along
>>
>>53768488
But they're going to do it wrooooooong aaaaanooooon
>>
File: ayy.gif (1003KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.gif
1003KB, 220x220px
>>53768265
>The Salamanders wield the dreadful power of flame only in last resort
>>
>>53768308
>because it isn't terribly clear where the Heresy ends and that begins.
No, it's pretty clear. The Heresy ends when Horus dies and so the Scouring begins.
>>
Does anyone have a link to the Crimson King audiobook? Is there an audiobook MEGA?
>>
>>53768424
Yup, even your marine forces can start on the ground.
>>
>>53767549
My sides are in orbit. Well done.
>>
>>53766672
>AL weren't there

How much you want to bet BL is going to have some sneaky XX shenanigans at the Siege of Terra involving them lowering Horus' shields c:
>>
>>53769174
I think Omegon will pull something to prevent them from making it in time.

Erebus will lower the shields.
>>
>>53767330
How so?
>>
>>53767433
Wait so both sigsimund and dorn die on the first black crusade launched by Angron?
>>
>>53769174
I'd rather have sneaky XX shenanigans where they're inside your walls, killing your loyalists, and trying to assassinate your Emperor.
>>
>>53767806
No, on Molech the Emperor's soul shard lights Abbadon on psychic fire and burns his hair off and ruins his voice.
>>
>>53768265
>own wolf-God
The fuck
>>
>>53769289
I'm fine with either but since Alpharius is "dead" and Omegon is implied to have been loyal the whole time, I don't think it would fit.
>>
>>53769223
Because Sejanus was the man who told Macharius the crusade was over. Abbadon would know that a man with balls that big and steely could not be cowed by mere height and loom.
>>
>>53769312
Wolf-gold, anon, wolf-GOLD. He's describing the color of Morty's eyes.
>>
>>53769297
I've just read the part you're talking about and it only says Abaddon lost his voice, hurt his shoulder, and needed skin grafts. Nothing about the topknot (which maybe doesn't exist after Dwell).
>>
>>53769416
Oh, it exists alright. Just not on Abaddon's head. Upset at his lack of ambition in regards to daemonprincehood, it's run off to make a name for itself and please the gods. Remember when Chaos attacked Armageddon? That was the topknot. Next thing you know, it's on Gazghkhull's head leading Waaaghs! and devastating the sector.
>>
File: Leman R Kennedy.png (220KB, 546x482px) Image search: [Google]
Leman R Kennedy.png
220KB, 546x482px
>>53769312
Aaaaaaaaaaay
>>
>>53769297
>>53769416
Because of BL's current state of the fluff, I don't know if this is a meme or not.
>>
>>53769376
>Abbadon would know
Abaddon is kind of dumb.
>>
>>53769881
The balls are that big and steely, anon.
>>
>>53769943
That's great, but it doesn't make Abaddon any more intelligent.
>>
This thread is kind of shit. Can someone post SoH/IW/AL/DA tactics? Dos and don'ts?
>>
I'm fucking around with the Solar Auxilia but I hate the Dracosan models. Can anyone think of any third party or historicals I could swap in for them?
>>
>>53770438
What about messing with Malcador or Malcador Defender models?
>>
>>53770299
>DA tactics? Dos and don'ts?
Don't use Plasma Repeaters. Salvo 12" is shit and you can't take them on Bikes or Termies.
Calibanite Warblades are also questionable for all the same reasons Power Swords are. They're still objectively superior to Frost Swords, because 1st Legion > 6th Legion.
Terranic Greatswords are not a viable replacement for Paragon Blades.
>>
>>53770498
I'm trying to avoid that WW1 look.
>>
How do Primarch's work with the Orbital Assault Rite of War? Because they can't take a drop pod.

Has there ever been a conclusive answer about this beyond speculation?
>>
File: IMG_2265.jpg (2MB, 2545x2255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2265.jpg
2MB, 2545x2255px
Tempted on painting some Custodes in Warders of the Vaults of Rython colors, but I'm not sure. I have 15 more Sentinels and 5 Custodian Guard with Pyrithite Spears to toss into my large force.

Thoughts?
>>
>>53770883
Looks much better than the standard gold.
>>
>>53770883
Test model or use photoshop. Or just follow your heart.
I don't care about how many models you have esp when they are unpainted.
>>
>>53770693
I've never found a way to make WWII or modern vehicles work in 40k. There are now models in a close-enough scale (Bolt Action's 1/56) but the detailing isn't heroic-scale and everything looks a little small and thin. And I don't think any third-party proxy makers have done anything large enough.

You could get the (more expensive) PRAETOR ARMORED ASSAULT LAUNCHER and keep the missile launcher closed. Looks a little more modern. Just slightly.

>>53770862
Dreadclaws and Kharybdises. Only basic troops get drop pods.
>>
>>53771056
Oops, I forgot about the CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT.
>>
File: Pert smile.jpg (107KB, 413x445px) Image search: [Google]
Pert smile.jpg
107KB, 413x445px
>>53770862
It's alright, they just teleport
>>
File: 1494970398358.jpg (470KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494970398358.jpg
470KB, 1920x1080px
Have you ever wanted to be the pride of the Imperium? Has your life goal been to serve as the Emperor's chief diplomats? Do you want to look like the most stylish fucker in the Segmentum? WELL NOW YOU CAN!

I know a few anons have asked in the past, and until now I couldn't really give them an answer. While my first batch of purple was a nightmarish hodgepodge of red, blue, white, and off-tone purple paints of indeterminate quantities, I now have an actual combination/ratio that's almost exactly the same shade (a degree or two brighter, it's almost imperceptible).
>P3 Beaten Purple, 60%
>Reaper Imperial Purple, 20%
>Vallejo Model Color Blue Violet, 20%
>Shake well, add Imperial and/or Blue Violet to taste
>Apply to your doods, wash with Druchii Violet, highlight accordingly

I've got some GW purples in the mail as well, so if I can achieve the same shade with those I'll let you guys know, in order to maintain a bit more uniformity/ease of mixing.
>>
>>53771273
Those guys need a stronger wash. It doesn't look like the Druchii Violet did anything.
>>
>>53771056
Mmm, I might take a closer look at some of those bolt action (and Konflikt 47 which I didnt know existed) stuff. I see your complaint about the details coming across as "thin," it's something I've had a hard time articulating to people in terms of using actual scale models.

I think with the Solar Auxilia some of this stuff might work, as they lean a little more fiddly and "thin" with their aesthetic than, say, space marines.

I really wish I could find some retro 1950's style sci-fi tanks to work with, as the SA has a huge Commando Cody/Radar Men vibe.
>>
>>53771364
It does make a difference in the shade, Druchii just isn't super intense (probs also because it's purple on purple). Next pre-wash marine I have I'll take a picture for reference.
>>
File: 28mm-fed-caiman.jpg (238KB, 1095x1008px) Image search: [Google]
28mm-fed-caiman.jpg
238KB, 1095x1008px
>>53771370
Here's something by Khurasan.

Not sure where else to look. There's a lot of choice in smaller scales, but you have to be fairly large to try making tanks in 28mm.
>>
>>53771540
I don't know what it is about your scheme but they look plastic and toyish. The armour is just really flat.
>>
>>53770299
>DA tactics
Don't play them.
>>
>>53770299
Are you trying to decide between them?
>>
>>53771273
Does this mean you'll have more pictures to post in the future?
I mean you could also just stop posting the same ones. But not stop actually posting, as you're quite nice.
>>
>>53771715
For whatever reason his minis are never shaded or highlighted in a way that can be seen in the photos, and then we have conversations about how they are really, or the thing he needs to do it is in the mail. Meanwhile here are the same photos of 3/4 finished marines painted to a nice and neat standard. This has been going on for a long time.
>>
>>53771030
I have 60 painted Custodes, just 20 unpainted.
>>
>>53772800
I think you also have autism.
>>
File: Iron Maths 3.jpg (150KB, 1282x422px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Maths 3.jpg
150KB, 1282x422px
>>53772842
This is /tg/, dear. We all have autism.
>>
>>53773000
I stopped talking to someone once because she said she "headcanons Angron as on the spectrum" in a way that HEAVILY implied she thought it was "cute"

Fuck that
>>
>>53773026
Jesus Christ Curzefag I know.
Chill.
I'm using "autism" as "divergent mentality obsessed with stuff people usually wouldn't". We are all using it that way. Nobody thinks Autistgron is cute or stuff like that!
If you're going to react like that then provide me with a catchy word that be spouted about to denote the beforementioned mental state.
I mean, goddammit woman I got trips.
>>
Is BL making the Emperor an asshole just to make the Traitors sympathisable? Or is there a 'deep reason' behind it?
>>
File: They died, Kharn.png (43KB, 1238x258px) Image search: [Google]
They died, Kharn.png
43KB, 1238x258px
>>53773080
>Is BL making the Emperor an asshole just to make the Traitors sympathisable?
I would think so.
>>
>>53773075
I'm just telling a story about this fanbase's autism

Calm your tiddy
>>
>>53773127
>Calm your tiddy
Calm it ;^)
>>
>>53773075
You can use it however you like, but that's not the way I was, what are you, Captain Autism? Best be calming that tiddy.
>>
File: IMG_9596.png (35KB, 310x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9596.png
35KB, 310x314px
>>53773026
I know. It's totally disgusting when fans lionize a degenerate murderer.
>>
>>53773094
>thinking Angrons hissy fits were justified

lobotomized retard should leave the thinking to his betters
>>
I need advice for building an Iron Warrior slave driver. Ideally a marine with a big whip, looking fierce whilst driving a militia cult army to their deaths. Anyone know a good arm / body / leg / head combo?
>>
What are the best stories in the black books? I read Autek the Moonman and the Xana Incursion because of recommendations from this general but I can't be bothered to sit down and power through everything.
>>
>>53773726
The deposition of that Raven Guard at the DZM?
>>
>>53773026
Are you saying it ISN'T cute??
>>
>>53773080
He was never a benevolent dictator. There's too much to worry about to be nice to everyone.
>>
>>53773726
The Isstvan III stuff in book 1 is great.

Phall and the Alpha Legion's notable battles (or whatever they called them) in book 3.
>>
>>53773726
Kyr Vhalen/Paramar V in book 3 is a pretty good read
>>
File: Anon pulls a Paramar.png (65KB, 1633x306px) Image search: [Google]
Anon pulls a Paramar.png
65KB, 1633x306px
>>53774256
Damn right.
>>
File: Hetzer_lesany[1].jpg (365KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hetzer_lesany[1].jpg
365KB, 1024x768px
What's the closest legion vehicle I can get to a jagdpanzer/stug type dealio?
>>
>>53774429
In looks or in what it does? Be specific.
>>
>>53774429
Sicaran Venator?
>>
>>53774453
Just a reasonably powerful gun in a casemate-type chassis. So function I guess.
>>
>>53774485
Vindicators.
Specifically Laser Destroyer Vindicators. Bring some of the old 30k tech before it is forgotten by the 40k millenium.
>>
>>53774429
Vindicator laser destroyer.
>>
>>53774513
Destroyer Tank Hunter is cooler anyway. And was still cool in BL no less.
>>
>>53774322

Still makes me laugh.
>>
File: 1478482395472.png (1MB, 892x827px) Image search: [Google]
1478482395472.png
1MB, 892x827px
>>53773678
I have no specific parts to suggest but I'd recommend going truescale to make him look especially impressive in a sea of militia hordes

or put him on a rock pedestal or someshit
>>
>>53774919
I guess he's trying to loom over them, but it's only the topknot what makes him taller than mortal minis :^)
>>
I wonder, would certain Legion(s) be bitching if an Warhound Titan assigned to the has a name "Lupus Rex?"

> "Top Dog" was at least TS titan... poetic justice right there, btw
>>
>>53774947
Lupus Rex is King Wolf.
I think it's Canis Rex what you're looking for.
>>
>>53772842
I don't actually; I just like Custodes and IF.

Blow me
>>
>>53774959
Yup, I was wondering if SW and/or LW be offended by it.
>>
>>53775161
Luna Wolves don't exist anymore, you don't have to worry about them
>>
File: 1367042105715.jpg (191KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1367042105715.jpg
191KB, 624x480px
>>53773094
>"Why did your Emperor do this to me, Kharn?"
>>
Have the Top Dog ever fought with any of the Psi-Titans during the Burning?
>>
>>53767689
Right in the feels. Poor Bligh. He'll be missed sorely.
>>
File: Sabre-tank-hunter-4.jpg (66KB, 598x378px) Image search: [Google]
Sabre-tank-hunter-4.jpg
66KB, 598x378px
>>53774513
guys guys what about me? :(
>>
>>53773594
To be fair I'd be pretty pissed off at the Emperor too if I was in Angron's situation and he didn't save my friends. I probably wouldn't proceed to murder so many innocent people though.
>>
File: IMG_20170613_022558632~01.jpg (326KB, 1080x1206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170613_022558632~01.jpg
326KB, 1080x1206px
>>53771364
Here's a reference using Sang Guard heads, in order of no wash, 1x wash, 2x wash. If you have a suggestion for a stronger or more effective purple, I'm all ears, but as it stands all I have to work with are Druchii, Nuln, Agrax, and Army Painter purple tone. In the meantime, I've started the slow process of highlighting everything.
>that feel when Citadel Mk1 washes shaded everything just right
>that feel when my last pots ran out years ago
>>
>>53776946
2x looks fine.
>>
File: Auxiliary Skarn.jpg (40KB, 272x579px) Image search: [Google]
Auxiliary Skarn.jpg
40KB, 272x579px
Does anyone know of any traitor Solar Auxilia? I feel like the Cthonian Auxilia would've turned, but all others mentioned seem to be loyalists.
>>
>>53777131
>snowflakes
>>
>>53776946
I think the biggest problem with your models is the gold. It looks too plain, how do you apply it?
>>
File: IMG_2278.jpg (450KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2278.jpg
450KB, 1080x1920px
>Play game with my Custodes
>Play fluffy list
>Guy I'm playing looks honestly gross and weirdly proportioned with his obesity
>Sure ok whatever
>He insults my army before we even play
>He uses badly painted 40k white scars but uses Guilliman
>During the game he keeps calling them White Scars despite using Ultramarine rules
>Wat
>He insults me for taking twin power Talons on my Tribune
>Explain that I built my army for fun and not for easy wins
>His quintuple chin fucking shakes as he spouts off that if I'm not playing to win and use every advantage that I'm wasting my time
>Doesn't understand how taking Guilliman contradicts his white scars
>Table him by turn 4 because I got tired of being nice
>Keeps calling me a bad player despite me only losing two models
>Find out he was 250 points over and he says it doesn't matter
>Tell him I'm not playing him or his bullshit again
>pic is him
>>
>>53777472
>autistically taking photos of other people
>playing the GW store manager
>nu-male wearing tracky indoors
>neon blue hair twink
>neckbeard with the Ugliest shirt ever in the background
Fuck is this the rehab club?
>>
Looking at the upcoming Repulsor, I kinda want a few as count-as Coronus transports. How would you guys feel about taking the Repulsor and sticking a FW Razorback asscan turret on top of it and adding autocannon muzzles?
>>
>>53777413
With P3 paints
>Sulfuric Yellow as a base
>Rhulic Gold
>Brass Balls
>Agrax wash
I probably do need to do some highlighting on those parts too, though I've never highlighted metals before. Similar priciples I imagine?

Also, I've been looking through /wip/, and I've come to realize the lighting around my desk is fucking garbage. I'll see if I can set up something to take a 'proper' picture tomorrow.
>>
>>53777520
>Didn't feel like taking a dead on photo and took it while chatting with a friend
>this isn't GW it's just a fat dude in a blue shirt
>FLGS for the rest
>>
>>53777529
Yeah dude that would look great
>>
File: coronus-horz.jpg (171KB, 726x396px) Image search: [Google]
coronus-horz.jpg
171KB, 726x396px
>>53777529
Well, the coronus has a energy-based turret weapon, for what it is worth.
Also, what about the side doors?
>>
>>53763896
Not every legion needs to be based on a recognisable historic era or peoples. Some legions have little that can be said to be from X time in history.
>>
File: IMG_20170318_150812608-816x459.jpg (121KB, 816x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170318_150812608-816x459.jpg
121KB, 816x459px
>>53777472
>Find out he was 250 points over and he says it doesn't matter
>Still table the dick.

That at least is a really nice feeling.

Had a game a couple months ago against this dick who didn't seem to know anything about either Imperial Guard or showering. 1500, he had a a Knight Crusader, a Baneblade, (unpainted, he called it "Ninja" because it was primed black), a Scion Hellrain Brigade with a decent chunk of upgrades, a Lascannon HW team, a Vanquisher Russ, CCS, some Ratlings and a Sentinel. I had a Battle Maniple and Battle Congregation with 6 Haywire Breachers and a Kastelan unit.
Turn one he fires literally everything at the Kastelans and only barely manages to kill the two robots, then all my Haywire nukes his Baneblade and eventually I table him. Later on I was doing the batrep on /40kg/ and somebody pointed out his list was actually about 2200 points. Maximum smug mode for the next hour.

Were these 30k or 40k Ultras? Did he literally have some random boy in blue standing in the middle of a bunch of bikes?
>>
>>53777598
Man that's gotta be so good, especially when someone uses Superheavies.

And 40k Ultras. Badly painted White Scars and all that he flaunted as "masterfully done" and had a blue Guilliman amongst them that had at least four layers of what looked like automotive primer in gloss blue. Half the bikes had no bases too.
>>
>>53777472
>talons on tribune
Well, to be fair you obviously *are* a glutton for punishment.
>>
>>53777638
>Gloss blue THICC primer.
I pity him slightly. That sounds even worse than the blutacked together half-armoured sloppy silver spray Knight I was fighting. He'd even done the Cog Mechanicum in blue and yellow that managed to be thick and patchy at the same time somehow. I'm still learning how to get good simple painting and smooth coats myself, but I could better that by my second squad of dudes, I'd bet.
I was there to pick up my own Knight that's now all built and magentized ready to paint as a prize for when I finish my Admech army completely, so I like to think my Dominus is attempting to rehabilitate the poor thing.

Good god, those WS must have been sad. How did Talonbune wind up doing, anyway?
>>
>>53777783
He did pretty well; I had him act a squad killer so he mangled two Tactical Squads by himself before five regular Custodes tidied up after him and helped him wipe a full squad of bikes. I sent my Dreads and Caladius' to deal with Guilliman so it was hilarious to watch him try and intercept the Tribune and just get blown apart.
>>
>>53777820
I've had some success with using him as a sweeper for a team of paragon haeteroi with vexila. He clears out the rabble that can bother such a small unit, while the three paragon blades make a mess of anything even slightly elite.
That said, I really think that solarite talons need some gimmick. As is, they are only ever taken because they look bitchin. Flawless Cut would be nice, for example.
>>
Any possibility that Pert's name is inspired from Perdurabo ("I will endure to the end"), Crowley's motto? Though it fits more to Morty.
>>
>>53778023
Yes this is already on the 1d4chan page
Possibly him finding the name in an ancient text is a self fulfilling paradox like Magnus breaching the web way causing that tech to be found in the first place
>>
>>53777928
I agree whole heartedly. I love the Talons but they are one of the most lacking weapons in all of the army list; flawless cut and maybe an extra two attacks over the one would nice. As it stands there is no viable reason to take them over a spear or gauntlet.
>>
>>53777520

>numale
>twink
>neckbeard
>ugliest

I don't think you know what ANY of those words mean.
>>
>>53778061
You keep saying Magnus fucking the Webway lead to the technology necessary for the Emperor's project being found, but not a single source I've read supports this.

What are you basing this madness on?
>>
>>53778456
>numale
Neither fully masculine nor feminine but quite bland
>twink
Skinny and could easily become a female if given the hormones
>neckbeard
His facial hair literally covers his neck
>ugliest
The most ugly
>>
>>53778477
You know it's coming when ADB writes the sequel to MoM
>>
Anyone have a link to the Burning of Prospero painting guide, preferably not in jpegs sized for ants? I had a link to an Imgur gallery containing it all, but the link's gone dead.

>>53766447
Except that that's the Armour of Reason, not the Armour of Sigmar... er, Fate.
>>
>>53767689
We can only hope that the rest of FW shares his vision, and don't start injecting the HH fluff with shit like Adjective Nounverb names, and literally setting fire to the gas clouds in the fucking Damocles gulf.
>>
>>53778817
To be fair, the Nebula Bomb is pretty much the best example of the enemy managing to technically win before the Admech go "lolnope" and drop a spare superweapon on their asses. The Admech were pretty well done in that book, actually, powerful but completely disinterested in normal military success. GW seems to actually be OK at writing Mech from what Cawl's been characterised as.

Otherwise, yeah. What the fuck is with everyone becoming a Something Nounverber and Unique Characters getting in melee duels for half the books? I want my badass Istvaan style sweeping campaigns and carnage back, not a Primarchs And Friends wrestling tournament.
>>
File: 690px-Kaernten_CoA.svg.png (222KB, 690x780px) Image search: [Google]
690px-Kaernten_CoA.svg.png
222KB, 690x780px
>>53779589
>To be fair, the Nebula Bomb is pretty much the best example of the enemy managing to technically win before the Admech go "lolnope" and drop a spare superweapon on their asses. The Admech were pretty well done in that book, actually, powerful but completely disinterested in normal military success.
I loved that.
>not a Primarchs And Friends wrestling tournament.
To be fair that sounds amazing.
>>
>>53766161
>the Day of the Rake happens
>New York still important
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>53763628
Anyone have the format for fan-done stuff to look like the books?
>>
>>53779880
I mean, I would totally watch that too, I'd be backing Scoria, but I was talking about GWs tendency to completely half-ass any bits of battles that don't involve big-name heroes or their newest plastic crack whacking at each other.
Take Gathering Storm as one thing, about half the book was Abbadon, Celestine and Guilliman fighting random people, their writing was indistinguishable from the promotional game of "here's Guilliman smashing a bunch of AP3 Daemons who have no chance into the ground cause we made him mega-super-overpowered.", he fought Kairos, then Skarbrand, then Magnus and never did anything actually interesting.

Meanwhile, they couldn't even briefly check their own numbers and sent"thousands" of Chaos ships for the Black Crusade, containing "millions" of Chaos dudes, and Cadia is defended by "Billions" of Skitarii from Agripinaa alone, which is probably a fair fight even before we factor in the Guard, the Cult Mechanicus, the Titans, Knights and whatever the fuck else from every other world in the galaxy. When I come for my 40k fix I want more HH2, not a Marvel movie, massively grognardish as that may seem.
>>
File: Holy Requisitioner.jpg (42KB, 502x238px) Image search: [Google]
Holy Requisitioner.jpg
42KB, 502x238px
>>53779589
>To be fair, the Nebula Bomb is pretty much the best example of the enemy managing to technically win before the Admech go "lolnope" and drop a spare superweapon on their asses. The Admech were pretty well done in that book, actually, powerful but completely disinterested in normal military success.
I like how they were the only ones to actually win anything out of the whole conflict
>GW seems to actually be OK at writing Mech from what Cawl's been characterised as.
Lol nope. Cawl is a fucking plot device at this point, and seemingly is allowed to do anything with the "muh 10000 years" excuse. Because that's what it is, an excuse.
>Otherwise, yeah. What the fuck is with everyone becoming a Something Nounverber
What is a Something Nounverber?
>and Unique Characters getting in melee duels for half the books?
A shame, but describing shooting someone isn't as extreme as a bloody melee. Even Decima is described as climbing up a Fellblade, blowing up the hatch and climbing inside instead of shooting it.
>>
>>53779589
>from what Cawl's been characterised as.
So, a living, breathing Deus Ex Machina?
>>
File: Told ya.png (583KB, 1058x846px) Image search: [Google]
Told ya.png
583KB, 1058x846px
>>53781009
>he fought Kairos, then Skarbrand, then Magnus and never did anything actually interesting.
Do you know why Guilliman will end up killing Mortarion (or at least banishing him back to the warp)?
Because GW wants to give him more face since those battles he didn't win all by himself: it was Cypher who saved him from Kairos, it was the Marshall who made a weakpoint on Skarbrand, it was the Sisters of Silence who turned off Magnus' psychic powers. Meanwhile, Typhus himself told Mortarion his plan was dumb, and you won't make Typhus a liar will you :^^^^)?
I'm mesuring Guilliman's plot armour around 4.3 Tau Empires
>>
>>53781217
>What is a Something Nounverber?
It's mocking the naming convention that GW's been using a lot recently. It's rampant in AoS, and it's coming into 40K too. Basically, it's where things all have names like "Foetid Bloat-Drone", "Noxious Blightbringer", etc, following the "Adjective Noun-Verb" format, or close to it. Tends to make it sound like they're writing for a kids' cartoon.
>>
>>53781317
Awwww but I like those names...
Can you give more examples? I'm a good loyalist so I don't know much about daemons. "Greater Brass Scorpion" comes to mind, but considering names themselves are nouns and you have to give them adjectives to makes them unique or at least some kind of role, it feels normal to name them so.
>>
>>53781217
>A shame, but describing shooting someone isn't as extreme as a bloody melee. Even Decima is described as climbing up a Fellblade, blowing up the hatch and climbing inside instead of shooting it.
Back in 3rd edition, GW managed to handle battles pretty well, without turning them into 1v1 superhero matches with armies fighting in the background.
>>
File: Istvaan V raven.png (1MB, 644x864px) Image search: [Google]
Istvaan V raven.png
1MB, 644x864px
>>53781383
FW also writes them from the point of view of a single person with the battle raging behind them...but it does not feel like a superhero movie. Everybody suffers, everybody loses something.
>>
>>53781370
I'm not quite sure if you're getting the idea. It's where it goes beyond being descriptive (like Greater Brass Scorpion, which fits with it being a giant, scorpion-shaped daemon engine dedicated to a daemon god who loves him some brass) and spams adjectives and nouns to make it sound super-epic, super-radical, and super-trademarkable. For example, calling a Nurgle sorcerer a Noxious Blightbringer (like in the Dark Imperium box), instead of just calling it a fucking Nurgle sorcerer.
>>
>>53781217
No, I dislike what they're using Cawl for. He was a really good character until they started using him as an excuse for fucking everything. I liked him in Gathering Storm, just wished they'd got a proper Ordo Primaris or something together to do that with - a whole bunch of Magi and stuff, make it a secret project on a moon somewhere, GK style. Cawl coming up with the super-suit for Guilliman was quite enough. But before then he was a cool Archmagos with some actual character development going on after Cadia and some flaws, if you set aside him being a member of the Divisio Ex Machina he's a stubborn master Macrotek with decent command skills and a talent for xenotech research, but he's a proud bastard, withholds way more information than he needs to and plays even less well with others than your average Tech-priest.

Something Nounverber is GWs new naming scheme for almost everything. Primaris Hellblasters, Malignant Plaguecasters, Nurgle Poxwalkers, etcetera.
I like melee too, it's badass on a large enough scale or done cleverly like Decima, but what I was talking about was the tendency to have the entire battle as irrelevant and there as a backdrop to the commanders (including fucking Creed, who's a fat old man, he's a great strategist, why's he fighting? ) fighting a 1v1 or small group duel that decides the entire battle, even on a planetary scale. I much prefer stuff like >>53781417 or Morturg's testimony.
>>
>>53781417
Having a POV character is useful for giving some perspective. The problem is more with GW's recent tendency to have the majority of it about the characters duking it out, and then half-ass the parts focusing on the actual warfare in the background.
>>
>>53781448
Correction, the new Sorcerer was actually the Malignant Plaguecaster. Same fucking thing though, the name is just as awkward and unnecessary.
>>
File: xyuvieous-07-016.jpg (322KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
xyuvieous-07-016.jpg
322KB, 1200x1845px
>>53781462
>He was a really good character until they started using him as an excuse for fucking everything... Cawl coming up with the super-suit for Guilliman was quite enough.
Completely agree
>including fucking Creed, who's a fat old man, he's a great strategist, why's he fighting?
He's not a runner :^)
>>53781448
>>53781462
>>53781513
Am I the only one who likes nounverbing? What name would you give to this Bellbearer, Tallymaster of Nurgle huh?
>>
>>53781712
I was just about to quote that panel before realising it wouldn't quite make sense.

>Come on then, we haven't got all day...
F
>>
>>53781712
Is that Alex Jones?
>>
>>53782027
Winston Churchill. London is under attack by a vengeful psychic Nazi Femarch-type thing coming to kill him, so he's fucked anyways.
>>
You guys discovering Uber is making me feel weird, stop crossing the streams
>>
>>53777403
>Implying people don't snowflake up their legion forces.
>>
File: xyuvieous-07-022.jpg (313KB, 1200x1842px) Image search: [Google]
xyuvieous-07-022.jpg
313KB, 1200x1842px
>>53782588
Well you had to fucking post the comic didn't you? Reeeee
>>
File: Uber Stalingrad revenge.jpg (265KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
Uber Stalingrad revenge.jpg
265KB, 600x922px
>>53782588
It's a decent comic, shut your face.

Although honestly, the Battleships are a fairly decent portrayal of what kind of bullshit Primarchs can pull off sometimes, Halo Effect aside. They're about the right strength and durability bracket even if the Primarchs lack psychic bullshit save Magnus.
>>
File: xyuvieous-07-026.jpg (364KB, 1200x1834px) Image search: [Google]
xyuvieous-07-026.jpg
364KB, 1200x1834px
>>53782961
No. Primarchs are even stronger, as the Battleships may be resilient to damage but they can't heal major injuries, whenever an attack is strong enough to cause huge injury to begin with.
They might be even stronger, but their lack of armour and power weapons limit them a lot.
That makes me think of the regular primarch's psychic abilities. They were woven out of the warp, after all.
>>
>>53782961
Did I say it wasn't a decent comic, slowpoke? Although don't go praising it unequivocally on /co/, it triggers some people nowadays.
>>
>>53783214
Yeah, it's got its problems, but it's cool enough to skim through. Anyway, Heresy.
>>
>>53783265
>Anyway, Heresy.
I think you meant to say "Anyway, glorious loyalty."
>>
>>53778023
Probably, given where the original 40k writers were getting their names. "To perdure" is actually a word in English (albeit an obscure one) from Latin, so there's a slight chance that Crowley wasn't the first to use it.
>>
>>53778783
It's pretty lousy. Which legion are you painting?

>>53781712
>Am I the only one who likes nounverbing?
I've had enough of it. It's always been there - just look at 40k Space Wolf characters names. But where I really start hating is when it gets applied to unit choices like Primaris Hellblasters. How am I supposed to know that those do? You should be able to identify what things do even if you play another army - so it was great that most SM/IG weapons followed a XX-pistol, XX-gun, XX-cannon convention. The exceptions were easy enough to follow; I could guess that a multi-melta was bigger than a meltagun and that "heavy XX" was equivalent to "XX-cannon" (though we now have 4+ XXX Bolt Cannon types...).
>>
>>53781712
I quite like Nounverbing. It's the adjective part that ruins it. Plaguecaster is a perfectly fine name, the malignant part is unnecessary, especially without any other type of plaguecaster around.
>>
File: IMG_1834.jpg (62KB, 1348x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1834.jpg
62KB, 1348x177px
>>53763628
Rejoice, rejoice, Emmanuel shall come to you, O Israel
>>
File: Knight Anon.png (15KB, 232x493px) Image search: [Google]
Knight Anon.png
15KB, 232x493px
>>53784085
>>
>>53783985
>>53783998
Eh, I think nounverbing (and adjectivenouning) is fine when used in moderation. It's a fantasy/fiction staple, and adds a certain level of flavor to things. But as others have mentioned, it's easy to overdo it, and then any sense of novelty and fun shifts into obnoxiousness and unoriginality.
>>
>>53784133
Fuckin' lol
>>
>>53784085
What is the context of this? The IF had an alternate scheme?
>>
File: Back on track.png (51KB, 1208x265px) Image search: [Google]
Back on track.png
51KB, 1208x265px
>>53784085
Oh those were the days...
>>
My 8th edition starter arrived today and I am *really* tempted to make the chadmarines into Chymeriae Blackshields. With a second starter I'd have a 20-man marauder squad, a ten-man tacsup squad, five destoryers, a command squad (lieutnants + ancient), a herald, a moritat and two reaver lords. That seems like it'd be a cool start into the heresy.
>>
>>53784547
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: full amry.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
full amry.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>53784085
gloria in excelsis deo
>>53784342
Yes pattern used before Dorn IIRc
>>
>>53784547
They look a tad like MK4, I wouldn't be too fussed. Just augment the suits a little so they just don't look like some random Primaris Chapter and possibly grab some different bitz to throw on some of them. How were you going to fluff them? Always the most important things with conversions and versatile armies like that.
>>
File: lightning bolts.png (1MB, 1296x620px) Image search: [Google]
lightning bolts.png
1MB, 1296x620px
>>53784342
Back in the old grey legions days.
>>
File: anie fulgrim.png (2MB, 2506x1800px) Image search: [Google]
anie fulgrim.png
2MB, 2506x1800px
>>53784085
You are not Worthy to even see his face
>>
File: sey.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
sey.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>53784133
Helmeted Primarchs are best primarchs
>>
File: f;lamestorm on a flamestorm.jpg (306KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
f;lamestorm on a flamestorm.jpg
306KB, 1024x683px
>>53784085
Legion Gunships when?
>>
>>53784342
The joke is largely directed at Knight-anon, who instead of doing the standard IF scheme decided to go with the black and yellow alternate scheme. But rather than being black, his marines are actually steel and yellow, which led to many people joking that he actually plays IW. He paints fairly well, but he has developed a reputation here in /hhg/ as a result of his antics.
>>
>>53767082
What about the Cadmium (prob spelled wrong) Citadel from the beginning of Angel exterminatus? The book starts with the fists defending an ancient, self healing fortress.
>>
File: chaplain.png (176KB, 283x317px) Image search: [Google]
chaplain.png
176KB, 283x317px
>>53784085
Ready and deployable to Preserve the edict brother
>>
File: dont fuck with the imperium.png (852KB, 1250x2820px) Image search: [Google]
dont fuck with the imperium.png
852KB, 1250x2820px
>>53784085
If we hold our bolters close to our hearts there is nothing which can stop us brother, no matter how many witches and xenos oppose us
>>
>>53784867
Especially when the Emperor himself will fight among us
>>
File: HOW TO MAKE CULTS.png (2MB, 1812x1828px) Image search: [Google]
HOW TO MAKE CULTS.png
2MB, 1812x1828px
>>53784085
Tables was our greatest creation
>>
>>53784668
Well, I've been playing around with the idea of a magos biologis fucking around with the same tech Corax had when the Horus Heresy drew closer to Terra. In a bid to help delay the advance of the traitors the magos would crank up already dubious production methods with forbidden hyper-growth tech and dodgy recruits, have them indoctrinated on the quick and toss them into the meatgrinder without anything but hypno-training, an dince they don't have access to a regular forgewolrd they'd be infantry-bound.
Basically, cobbled-together child soldiers in the body of unstable supermen without any actual idea what they are doing beyond their mental conditioning.

As for the armor, I thought once I remove the aquila on the chest the armor would look enough like out-sized mkIV with some extra gubbins.
>>
File: Bearversor 2.png (55KB, 1012x673px) Image search: [Google]
Bearversor 2.png
55KB, 1012x673px
>>53784085
FOR THE EMPEROR.
>>53784919
Don't discount the bearversor.
>>
File: how to make units.png (145KB, 2164x972px) Image search: [Google]
how to make units.png
145KB, 2164x972px
>>53784085
custom legionaries was also fun
>>
File: Not! ghengis khan.jpg (167KB, 1558x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Not! ghengis khan.jpg
167KB, 1558x1600px
>>53784085
We can only wait to see how Great a model the Great Khan receives Here's to hoping there's an optional Magnus sidecar
>>
>>53784085
Did the other anon ever finish his complimation?
>>
File: an unfortunate eye placement.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
an unfortunate eye placement.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>53784085
We can only weep for this poor son of Horus, hopefully Eidolon did not meet him
>>
>>53784867
I always love that response to the Manta's arrival.
>>
File: anvillus prototype.png (6MB, 1980x1386px) Image search: [Google]
anvillus prototype.png
6MB, 1980x1386px
>>53784085
Some CSM kits are fine but as always, don't just take the normal kit and file off all chaosy details
>>
File: dg.jpg (545KB, 2540x1398px) Image search: [Google]
dg.jpg
545KB, 2540x1398px
>>53784085
Did anon ever expand upon these great guys
>>
File: malcador missing legions.png (492KB, 966x565px) Image search: [Google]
malcador missing legions.png
492KB, 966x565px
>>53784085
Malcador confirmed for worst uncle
>>
>>53784939
>As for the armor, I thought once I remove the aquila on the chest the armor would look enough like out-sized mkIV with some extra gubbins.
The modern-style backpack bothers me, but yeah, removing the aquila is enough. Chimeras are a good way to run them - true-scale normal marines vs. not-truescale marines is weird without a fluff reason.
>>
File: stop the ammmrour autims.jpg (603KB, 1636x1815px) Image search: [Google]
stop the ammmrour autims.jpg
603KB, 1636x1815px
>>53784085
I do like how these aren't a threadly thing anymore
>>
>>53784085
Aren't we all happy we didn't get Wulfen and TWC in the end
>>
File: swag.gif (92KB, 500x543px) Image search: [Google]
swag.gif
92KB, 500x543px
Anyone ever buy one of these pimplords, how fun are they to build
>>
>>53784085
What scared this anon off, his work was the best
>>
>>53784867
Well, holy shit. That's the kind of battle that most people would put on their "never gonna happen, but would be fucking cool" list. Mantas look surprisingly terrifying given I assumed that they had way too little firepower for 2kpts, but imagine 40 Myrmidons hurling themselves from the front ramp. That's a table extinction event.
>>
File: Church of the crater Birth.png (144KB, 1348x1278px) Image search: [Google]
Church of the crater Birth.png
144KB, 1348x1278px
>>53784956
>>53784949
>>53784919
So much fun just fooling around
>>
File: Armor Autism Trigger.jpg (50KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Armor Autism Trigger.jpg
50KB, 800x800px
>>53785199
>stop the ammmrour autims
No.
>>
File: dneid.jpg (5KB, 343x165px) Image search: [Google]
dneid.jpg
5KB, 343x165px
>>53785624
fucking awoos
>>
>>
File: paid banner.jpg (464KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
paid banner.jpg
464KB, 811x542px
>>
>>53784547
Why would Blackshields have access to mk10 armour during the Heresy? It's as bad as mk7 and mk8 you fucking nonce.
>>
>>53769376
>Sejanus was the man who told Macharius
>Sejanus
>Macharius
does not compute
What have I missed?
>>
>>53785915
Sejanus appears to Macharius in the 'macharian crusade' BL book
>>
>>53785915
GW doesn't check its own records before reusing character names.

General Sejanus was Macharius' right-hand man during the Lord Solar's crusade.
>>
So how weird would it be for me to use Anvilus Pattern Backpacks on my Imperial Fists? I'd use them in a whole squad for completionist sake.
>>
>>53785841
This. They should always be regular truescale marines :^)
>>
>>53786075
see >>53785128
>>
>>53786030
>two people in a galaxy of trillions can't have the same name
Fucking stupid. People like you are the reason HBO had to switch GoT names around so that mouthbreathers wouldn't get confused.
>>
>>53784085
That was a year ago? Oh how time has flown.
>>53784919
>someone saved my OC
>>
>>53786121
The urge to use them on my entire Breacher squad it is very tempting
>>
File: Innocent.jpg (68KB, 1225x168px) Image search: [Google]
Innocent.jpg
68KB, 1225x168px
>>53786183
Kek exactly. Example: this guy isn't the actual Guilliman. In Ultramar, lots of people are called Guilliman, and there's a political office called Lord Guilliman, just like being a Caesar.
>>
>>53785841
It kinda looks like a MK4 with mire bells and wistles, I guess.
>>
File: 1492112145233.png (175KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1492112145233.png
175KB, 450x450px
>>53785778
Awoo?
>>
>>53786183
It's stupid when it's important characters and there's no relation between them, and only serves to sow confusion as seen above.
>>
>>53786239
I'd imagine loyal Primarchs are the most popular names in the galaxy. Like Jesús in Latin America and Mohammed with Arabs.
>>
File: armour-mixing.jpg (152KB, 400x471px) Image search: [Google]
armour-mixing.jpg
152KB, 400x471px
>>53785624
Good goy..
>>
>>53786329
>It's stupid when it's important characters and there's no relation between them
Like I said, you're an easily confused brainlet . I know six (6) Patricks in real life. There's no relation between any of them. Names just repeat sometimes.
>>
Does anyone have that old painting guide PDF forge world made from before they had their own paint range?
>>
File: valdor in his early years.jpg (53KB, 404x303px) Image search: [Google]
valdor in his early years.jpg
53KB, 404x303px
>>53786361
>>
Is there much in the fluff for what the Night Lords did post-Thramas? Pharos aside the legion pretty much disappears. I assume the splinter fleets either rejoined the war or went rogue.
>>
>>53786329
No, it's fine, especially when there's a reason the names were chosen.
They expected you to be able to differentiate between a human General in the Imperial Guard in the 41st millenium and an Astartes officer of the Luna Wolves in the 31st and not get confused or upset by it.
If you did, you're publicly admitting you're a barely-functioning retard.

Do you get confused when you're in the room with two people called Steve?
What happens when you meet someone with the same first or last name as yourself? Do you have an existential crisis and shit your pants??
>>
>>53786449
What do you wanna bet Valdor was like the punk sidekick from the wastelands before the Big E turned him into the greatest Custode?

Imagine all the INSANE shit he's seen.
>>
>>53785463
>from AP3+ weapons, crater set us free
WELL ISN'T IT A GOOD JOB THAT THE CREATORS OF 8TH ED ARE DISCIPLES OF THE CRATER.
OH, OH FUCKING WAIT.
>>
>>53787423
We'll he thought in the web way war so would see w dry daemon possible
>>
>>53787935
Did you have a fucking stroke while typing?
>>
>>53787423
Witness him...
The Emperor is Joe and the Custodes are his warboys
>>
>>53763896
>>Dangles: Old Hebrew

They're Knightly.
They have old jew names because Christianity.
>>
>>53788078
SHINY AND GOLD.
>>
>>53787935
>Well he fought in the webway war so would've seen every demon possible

I assume that's what you meant; and yeah he probably did. I can't even imagine what that shit would do to your psyche, even when you're literally one of the best warriors ever made.
>>
>>53788358
Daemons aren't even that scary. There are way freakier canon xenos.
>>
File: Sek.jpg (57KB, 451x771px) Image search: [Google]
Sek.jpg
57KB, 451x771px
>>53788606
That's because GW writers have no imagination or aren't allowed to have it anymore. Read some of the older BL books, Chaos shit is freaky.
>>
>>53788606
That's where you're wrong. What >>53788732
said. ADBs books often have some pretty nasty Chaos stuff in them as well, more so if you look past the perspective of the narrators and read what's being said from the POV of a normal modern-day person.
>>
How does the shadow of the warp affect chaos, if you die on a tyrants infested world will you still get killed again by daemons
>>53788606
Okay so you see this thing, mainly because it's acting like a strobe light, constantly changing colours, then it's mouth opens and out pops another then its teeth open up to reveal another mouth and so on and so on, you're just fixed there the whole time and slowly go mad, then realise you're already dead and have been swapped between daemons in the warp
>>
>>53788763
I'd shit my pants if I saw a Daemon. I'm just saying in the context of 40k they aren't that bad compared to what else exists. Bloodletters are just angry red humanoids with long heads and swords. Deadly sure, but not horrifying in the grand scheme of things.
>>
File: pas025c.jpg (206KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pas025c.jpg
206KB, 800x1200px
>>53788606
Give the older Ultramarine books a read; McNeill is good at making demons mixed with living flesh some absolute nightmare fuel.

Then go read even older BL stuff where Demons were intangible walking nightmares that made even Chaos Marines go "What the FUCK?" Older demonic lore was so intense that GW had to tone it down because it was TOO DARK.
>>
>>53788849
>How does the shadow of the warp affect chaos
This is 30k general.
That said, it used to screw chaos up bad but now chaos can't have any weaknesses to set up Age of Guilliman so they stopped mentioning it and hoped everyone forgot.
>>
>>53788905
>what is Pharos and its sequel audiobook
>>
>>53788852
That's where ADB comes in, I've never read a book of his where he calls Daemons shit like Plaguebearers or Bloodthirsters like in the Dark Imperium book - for all that the different Great Unclean Ones were cool, come on man.

His daemons are unique nightmares from a hellscape Beyond The Ken of Mortal Men, A Place Man was Not Meant to Know or Understand, you know? Daemons are born from/are the literal manifestations of emotions and thoughts and dreams and events and things that have strong emotions attached, like weapons. Every single one is unique.
If you haven't, read Master of Mankind or Talon of Horus. The Night Lords trilogy doesn't really deal with the Warp a lot, but both those books explore the metaphysical nature of the Empyrean a lot, whether it's a Custodes being lectured on matters of the Warp or a founding father of the Black Legion discussing his experience in the Eye of Terror.

NOTHING matches the horror of the Neverborn truly unleashed.
>>
>>53789012
>something I will never read on the grounds of it being part of the infinitely shitty "tie absolutely everything in the setting to events that are further away from the setting than the paleolithic is to us" agenda
>>
Why would one ever want a Caladius when the transport version is slightly less armoured, but packs just as much of a punch and is a lot cheaper? Better to just bulk up on them right?
>>
>>53789018
James Swallow does pretty well with daemons too (I'd say it's the thing he's good at). As you say, the best portrayals are from the point of view of humans who don't know what they are or what they're called.

To be fair to Guy Haley (the guy who wrote Dark Imperium), he wrote daemons well in Shadowsword. Unfortunately, this latest book was an advertisement for the new 40k box so it had to use all the silly new terms.
>>
>>53789187
2Caladius are one the most versatile tanks around right now. They can take a S10 AP1 Exoshock cannon or one that shreds Terminators like a glowing hot knife through already warm butter and makes skimmers eat dirt for every meal.

The range for its guns is absolutely perfect and it's the best gunboat they have since it's barely Land Raider sized. The Coronus is GREAT but it's a fire magnet because it's almost Baneblade sized and will be carrying at LEAST 275 points inside each game; it's other problem is range since it can't hide from anything while moving forward to tackle enemy units.

On paper, the Coronus looks great, but on the table the Caladius will almost always outperform it based upon AP 1/2 and range. As someone who almost always takes two of the latter, I can tell you they will shred TEQ's and tanks for fun while the Coronus will mow down infantry.
>>
>>53788905
Notice how it wasn't just Chaos that broke through the Shadow; Guilliman did too. That Cawl, he thinks of everything.

>>53789187
There's a reasonable difference in armament, especially in range. Caladius gets the Iliastus accelerator cannon (like the Sicaran's plus special rules) or the Arachnus _heavy_ blaze cannon, while the Coronus transport gets a regular Arachnus.

The Iliastus is great against multi-wound characters, and the heavy Arachnus is basically +2S with better range compared to the regular Arachnus, and burst mode also gets better AP and 4 shots instead of three.
>>
>>53786344
Makes me wonder what Primarch you culd name your kid after today and not have him get picked on at school for having a weird name.

Lionel, I guess.
>>
>>53789671
Name him Perturabo and watch him turn into an autist.

Just realised the reason why IW use yellow/black hazard stripes - it's a secret hint that GW is in on the IW/IF ship crew.
>>
>>53789815
>GW is in on the IW/IF ship crew
This pleases me.
>>
>>53789671
There was an Indian kid in my class called Khan. Lionel, Russ, Konrad, and Magnus are all acceptable. Corbin is a name so you could probably get away with Corvus.
>>
>>53789963
Alpharius, Fulgrim, Perturabo, Sanguinius, Ferrus Manus, Vulcan, Angron, Omegon, Malcador, the Emperor...

At least you aren't naming your daughter Chad.
>>
>>53789671
Lionel
I've got nothing for Fulgrim.
Pedro
Khan
Ross
Roger Rogelio is a name
(K)Conrad
Juanguinius or Angel
Fernand Manuel
[Redacto]
Ron
Robert (If you name him Roboute they'll call him Robot)
Morty
Magnus
Horus/Horace
Uriel (for Urizen). Since Aurelio is also a name, I always call Lorgar "Lorgar Aurelio"
It's so Raven
Alfaro (it's a real last name).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Alfaro_Siqueiros
>>
File: Conqueror_by_joazzz2.jpg (465KB, 689x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Conqueror_by_joazzz2.jpg
465KB, 689x1022px
>>53790031
>Angron
Angronius
>>
New thread >>53790606
>>
>>53789963
>There was an Indian kid in my class called Khan
It became a name in a lot of places that the Mongols or their successors conquered. Maybe like how Caesar became a common name in Spanish.
Chagatai Khan was one of Genghis Khan's sons. He got a piece of the kingdom out west, around Turkey (where the Emperor is from...). The spelling is whatever you want it to be - doesn't correlate 1:1 to English.

Rogal appears to be a Polish town.

There was a UN administrator who specialized in logistics named Robert Gilman Allen Jackson.

>>53790037
Apharius - Alfred/Alfie

Sanguinius is an angle -> saint -> Saint Guinea/Jimmy/ehhh this isn't working out.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.