[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic: Metamorphosis 2.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 39

>Cutting back on the Jacetice League
>Less Masterpieces
>Larges sets year round, revamped core set in the summer with about 50% reprints
>New R&D department dedicated to stopping atrocities like Marvel
>Praise be to MaRo
Tell me, /tg/, which change is your favorite?
>>
>core sets return

Rudy was right

Also good on them for cutting a few masterpieces, they printed too many each set which meant that getting a specific one was nearly impossible
>>
Wake me up when they make up their mind on how things are going to be. Just fucking pick something and stick with it already.

Is there a term for "change fatigue"?
>>
>>53762149
More reprints is always good! Unfortunately, it will be less damnation, and more languish.
>>
>>53762498
The reprints will be Standard legal. Anyone who thinks the good stuff will be reprinted needs to lay off the kool-aid.
>>
Guess the little experiment didn't go all too well now, did it?
>>
File: khan.jpg (83KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
khan.jpg
83KB, 400x600px
>>53762476
Its called living in the Obama administration
>>
>>53762149

Magic moves in 2-3 year cycles, which is what the average player stays in the game. Only those that stay longer feel the lack of direction and the constant back and forth. For most players, this list represent innovation.
>>
>>53762518
Yeah expect only reprints of shit like
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=373598
Reminder that removal is not fun for new players, blue will be the color of "tap target creature" and large overcosted flyers, black will be the color of "target player loses x life you gain x life" and demons
>>
File: crap.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
crap.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>53762844
Shit like that made me hate theros when it came out. There has always been shit cards in magic, but that was the first set after they moved doomblade to uncommon because its too good, and they made removal a fucking rare.

M14 was one of the absolute worst sets in recent memory, up there with dragon's maze, born of the bad, and battle for zendikar.
>>
>>53762149
More reprints doesn't matter until they get rid of the reserved list, but for the rest
>>
>>53762476
>Is there a term for "change fatigue"?
Conservative.
>>
>>53762149
>The set will have some story relevance, but more in a "filling in information of the past about relevant characters" way than telling a piece of the "present-day" story.

I hope its more Magic origins than stupid ass boring core sets. Its awesome to see a bunch of different worlds all at once. Unfortunately, Wizards of the Coast treats all new players like drooling retards, so they will only stick with a couple.
>>
>>53763392
>More reprints doesn't matter until they get rid of the reserved list
So...
a) never, because the reserved list is forever and
b) never, because they'll never reprint the relevant reserved list cards into Standard
>>
The return of core is probably my favorite part, but I'm also very relieved that they're dropping small sets.
Not sure what to feel about sets sharing a plane one after another, though.
>>
File: partylenin.png (119KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
partylenin.png
119KB, 580x580px
>>53763500
You say that, but I'm slowly working my way up in the financial world, and one day I'll just start hoarding dual lands. Every time I get a hundred, I'll tear em in two and send them signed to wizards with a note saying "start reprinting"

Or so I wish
>>
>>53763579
It'll be like Return to Ravnica and Gatecrash, but without Dragon's Maze
>>
>>53763587
>buying duals and tearing them
if you are in the finance world u must suck because that is a terrible return on investment
>>
>>53763587
If you destroy all true dual lands, then all true dual lands will just be gone.
>>
File: shield.jpg (128KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
shield.jpg
128KB, 1310x873px
>>53762149
I don't like the idea of a good plane getting one set or a shit plane getting three sets. And I'm skeptical about Core Set 2.0. Everything else sounds good on paper.

>Praise be to MaRo
No.
>>
>>53763653
You start with dual lands because that's what everyone can use. Then you start going after specific decks.
>>
>>53763653
And we'll all hold hands and frolick towards the sunset.
>>
>>53763685
How about a good plane getting three sets and a shit plane getting three? You seem to be assuming the worst here.
>>
>>53763691
Then those decks will just be gone.

Hint: Wotc cares about Standard infinitely more than Legacy.
>>
File: foley.jpg (96KB, 705x795px) Image search: [Google]
foley.jpg
96KB, 705x795px
>>53763711
I am, but you're also right. The inverse is equally possible. And that is a small shred of hope, if nothing else.
>>
>>53763587
I'll let you in on a secret, mate:
Wizards doesn't care about Legacy
>>
>>53763865
They should, if only for the ability to offer the following service:
Boosterbox reprints 'on demand".
You can order a booster box any time of year at wizards. Quarterly, they do the printing and sending of these, and people will get to relive memes.
>>
File: 1445989836981.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445989836981.gif
3MB, 200x200px
>no more blocks
>>
>>53763500
You act like the only thing they primt is stuff for standard. Commander products, duel decks, from the vault, and *** masters could all easily hose prices on cards that need the printings.
>>
>>53763885
wut
>>
>>
>>53763945
>You act like the only thing they primt is stuff for standard.
Because core sets 2.0 is what we are talking about, which are for standard.
>Commander products, duel decks, from the vault, and *** masters could all easily hose prices on cards that need the printings.
Could, but they won't. Expensive cards will always be mythic rarity in masters, and print runs on everything will be limited.
>>
Less SJW: The Pandering

Bring back Garruk, apologize for caving in to the shrieking, histrionic harpies that made a big deal about Triumph Of Ferocity ("IT'S WRONG FOR A MAN TO ATTACK A WOMAN EVEN IF SHE'S A LITERAL SADISTIC SOCIOPATH WHO CAST A MAGIC SPELL ON HIM CURSING HIM TO DIE A SLOW AND AGONIZING DEATH"), fire that black hambeast that you literally pay to criticize your material for not being diverse enough, do a Norse inspired plane where every warchief isn't a stronk WYMYN and there are, accurately, no fucking chocos, and MAYBE we'll talk.

Also, retcon the autist and tranny planeswalkers to be normal.
>>
>We're significantly pulling back on how often the Gatewatch will appear as planeswalker cards.

Wasn't a similar mistake made with the Weatherlight story? They always push these things too hard.
>>
>>53763994
My post was directed at your second post, which assumes the reserve list is gone.
>>
>>53764020
And? They would just treat Legacy the way that they treat Modern, which is the way that I said.
>>
>>53762149
Fucking finally, too bad they're still be the protagonist.

>Less Masterpieces
Meh.

>Larges sets year round, revamped core set in the summer with about 50% reprints
Good, I liked core sets but I'm not very optimistic about a "block" with 2 planes...

I don't care about standard

>Praise be to MaRo
No.

Overall, I like when they admit they fucked up, it gives me sexual pleasure.
>>
The problem is that - no matter how much they talk about reprints - they're still the same people who actually chose not to reprint any cards
>>
>>53764088
>they admit they fucked up, it gives me sexual pleasure

They admit it, but do they understand it?
>>
>>53762149
So, they've backed down on pretty much everything they've attempted to implement the past two years?
>>
>>53764064
We cant really know for sure one way or the other. With option to print the really old stuff, coupled with the demand for it, there could easily be a way for all the 30-60 range cards to drop the price they have solely because they are on the list.
>>
>>53764119

The core set will silence the voices at Wizards' who use "But it doesn't fit into the woooooorld" as an excuse to keep any and all reprints out of their sets.

That won't cure the problem or prevent them from using their other retarded excuses, but it's something
>>
>>53764157
Yep. Ain't life grand?
>>
>>53764159
All we can do is go on the evidence, and the evidence is that wotc doesn't like to reprint cards to the point where they become cheap.
>With option to print the really old stuff, coupled with the demand for it, there could easily be a way for all the 30-60 range cards to drop the price they have solely because they are on the list.
Getting rid of the reserved list would help stop reserved list buyouts and allow the old formats to grow. That's what it would do. It would not make the cards significantly cheaper.
>>
>>53764162
Excuses are excuses, but at a certain point, they either want to reprint things or they don't. Personally I think they mostly don't want to reprint things. Because Elvish Mystic is too powerful and 4-mana wraths are unfair to disenfranchised players.
>>
>>53764261
>Elvish Mystic
So print Shock in standard again, what's the problem?
>4-mana wraths are unfair
Who the fuck thinks this? Plus they're printing three mana wraths now.
>>
>>53764261

I mean, if they do what they say and make the core sets 50% reprints then SOME of that will have to be decent cards.

It can't ALL be jank and filler rares
>>
>>53764292
>It can't ALL be jank and filler rares
Of course it can.
>>
>>53764292
What do you call Shadows, exactly?

Tireless Tracker and Avacyn: The Set?
>>
>>53764292
Mudhole at mythic imho
>>
>>53764126
Good point. At least we can make fun of them spamming their mistakes.
>>
File: 654418.jpg (48KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
654418.jpg
48KB, 600x467px
>>53764292
>>
>>53763995
There are zero tranny planeswalkers. And the only time Narset has been called autistic is when the author of the story about her (in the Dragons timeline) was specifically asked if she was meant to be autistic, so just ignoring that statement means she's just weird. Like all the planeswalkers.
>>
>>53763995
Why do you have no issue with sociopaths, but have an issue with autists? What is actually wrong with you? I get hating both, and i get hating sociopaths, and I get being fine with both, I just don't understand the combination you got in your retard noggin.
>>
>>53764469
Not that guy, but I'd rather see Narset than Liliana.
>>
>>53764242
I dont really think the "past behavior" excuse works here because we havent had a time where they could print that stuff without 'collectors' getting mad. They've shown they want to print that stuff with things like sliver queen in commander arsenal
>>
>>53764469
>i don't know what's a bait
>>
>>53764538
>because we havent had a time where they could print that stuff without 'collectors' getting mad.
And we still wouldn't, because 'collectors' would still get mad.
>commander arsenal
You mean that supplemental product with a low print run?
>>
>>53764563
I could've been baited, but I have seen similar mindsets often enough to be wary, and on top of that curious as to the thought process.
>>
>>53764157
Aside from killing the small sets and blocks, and bringing in more supplemental products, everything is back to normal in some regard.
>>
The fundamental thing to remember about all changes is that you will be miserable no matter what they do.
>>
>>53763474
yeah its because they think you are a drooling retard not that they dont want to expand and maintain several worlds simultaneously
>>
>>53763636
>without Dragon's Maze
DRAFTING IS FUN FUCK YOU!
>>
File: reprint bingo.jpg (129KB, 903x538px) Image search: [Google]
reprint bingo.jpg
129KB, 903x538px
>>53764292
Do you not remember modern masters 2015 and 2017? At least this image will be useful in the future for the reprints.
>>
>>53764381
>There are zero tranny planeswalkers
lets just keep it that way
>>
>>53764669
Just do it like Magic Origins; we see a snapshot of each world, adding a couple new characters here and there, and satisfying the older players while engaging the new ones.
>>
>>53764703

But Modern Masters quite literally WASN'T all filler rares

It was shit, but a lot less shit than could be reasonably expected, at least it had fetches
>>
>>53762149
All large sets is my favorite as i only play drafts.
>wait, did i just pass these set of cards?
Drafting small sets is a pain, there's alot of times in drafts where the last 4-5 passed cards are virtually the same dregs.
>>
>>53764623
I'm pretty ok with that though. WotC's inability to design small sets has been apparent for years.
>>
>>53762263
less master piece as in less sets will have them. The sets that do have them might have the same amount. If you want masterpieces every (non-core?) set, but not as many, you can send him an email using the link at near the bottom of this page.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/metamorphosis-2-0-2017-06-12
>>
>>53764524
Personally, I'd like to see Lilliana take on a more antagonistic role. Right now she feels like a Chaotic Neutral-type character - obviously on the wrong side of proper morality, but still an ally to the protagonists.
>>
>>53762149
whatever, four to five years from now:
> new planeswalker Avengers team
> another premium chase product like masterpieces
> back to large & small sets
> new R&D
> MaRo might die
and the reserved list will remain untouched
and interaction with the stack will be even more limited
and removal will be even more restricted and conditional
vanilla creatures with junk in the trunk stalling on the combat phase until somebody draws a larger one
and WotC making increasingly more money becase the game is now targetted to impulsive newcomers who come and stay for two years
Magic isn't dead, I am
MaRo is neither to blame or praise
>>
>>53764871
too late, she's already inducted to the GW.
You can hope for Garruk i guess.
>>
>>53764738
thats not sustainable long term, its going to be too hard to keep track of everything without making it a complete narrative mess on their end
>>
>>53764965
They'll probably just make Core Set like they used to be. Snippets of multiple worlds with no stories.
I think it would be a good resting time from being bombarded with cheesy stories all year long.
>>
>>53764777
The first one, and the most recent one were okay, but plagued by criminally low print runs. Most stores were struggling to get 10 boxes from the one wave of printing, it took wizards about a month before they realized demand was still so high after they sold everything that they made a second miniscule print run.

MM15 was literal garbage and a prime example of EVERYTHING that is wrong with the company.
>>
>Masterpieces will be in some sets, but not all
No you idiots, don't do that, it's going to fuck with your numbers! Sets with masterpieces will sell more than sets without and your retarded market research team won't be able to figure out that that's the case because they don't look at the sets!
>>
>>53765138
This is what will cause Shadows block cards to raise in price, won't it.
>>
>>53765010
Personally, I would be worried that as long as they continue to call them 'core sets', they're going to continue not to sell.

It's just a fundamental problem where they want to pitch things at less-enfranchised players but things that are aimed at that audience just do not sell (or sell less than typical Standard sets do anyway). There's not actually any reason to suppose that the new core sets are going to be any more appealing or better selling than the old ones were. That's the thing that I would be worried about if I was Wizards.

To be frank, I kind of think that the whole player enfranchisement framework might be kind of flawed and simplistic.
>>
>>53764898
It's just so frustrating. What's the point of having a dark sorceress type character if you're not going to do anything with that archetype? She shouldn't be fighting alongside the Gatewatch, she should be seducing Jace or Chandra into betraying them, or trying to trap them to sell them off to her demons. Although that would require both some semblance of characterization and a certain sense of sexuality, both of which Wizards seems vehemently opposed to.
>>
>>53765434
What Core Sets primarily should be is support for the Standard environment. Simple and effective threats and answers. New players will just buy whatever the newest set is anyway, and will often be discouraged from buying Core Sets by more enfranchised players.

However, as Rudy pointed out, Core Sets were monetarily a very sound purchase as a much higher ratio of commons and uncommons were sought after cards for constructed play than compared with expert level expansions.
>>
>>53764898
>>53765455
I believe from one of their creative panels at Pax east for Khans of Tarkir, they mentioned how their fictional women can be sexy or badass, but never presented in taking damage on the art.
>inb4 someone brings up the big fatass beta male dicksucker who complimented WOTC for having more women in the cards

We need to talk about how Wizards handles their female characters before and after the Garruk controversy. The issue of concern is how before, in this fantasy setting full of world with dangers, women were subject to both kick ass and get their ass kicked; there was no limits on who could be a soldier/explorer/adventurer in each setting, such as Sisay being the captain, or how everyone on ravnica was prone to getting annihilated if they were not careful. Innistrad was the last set to have women in dangerous situations and be in danger in the art and the story. Everything after that, if there is a female character who is named, nothing bad will happen and all will work out for her, ruining my investment in the story and the art, with the exception of Angels because WOTC hates my waifus
>>
File: 8612984_f260.jpg (24KB, 260x266px) Image search: [Google]
8612984_f260.jpg
24KB, 260x266px
>>53765455
>Having a hot flaming lesbian nympho
As long as Creative team and MaRo still on the SJW, not ever happening
>>
>>53765563
The problem is that - from Wizards' point of view - the correct tempo is pretty clearly that they release 4 "main-line" expansions per year. This has been true, and has been something they've been trying to implement, since at least, like, 2003 or 2004. And if 1 of those 4 sets sells significantly less than the others, that's a *really* high cost to pay in order to support Standard. It's a massively high tradeoff to make. The question isn't how you support the Standard environment, the question is how you support the Standard environment in a way that's sustainable economically for Wizards and that doesn't just give away profits.
>>
>>53765606
Being invested in the Magic the Gathering story is stupid as hell

shut up
>>
>>53765947
The sails on all expansions will drop significantly if they don't support constructed play properly.
>>
>>53762149
>less Jacetice League
Good. I'd prefer literally 0 of them, but whatever. Step in the right direction.
>less Masterpieces
Classic Wizards misunderstanding feedback. They took the feedback of "Invocations are visually unappealing and ugly" as "All Masterpieces suck, stop making them". I hate when they do this bs.
>3 large sets plus a core set each year, no blocks
Could be good, could be terrible. I'd've preferred returning to the old tried and true 3 set block plus core set, but whatever.
>new R&D Department
Don't really care, R&D makes far more mistakes than they should on all fronts. They even claimed to have literally never even thought about the Copy Cat combo in all of development and playtesting of AER.
>>
>>53765979
pls no bully sempai
>>
>>53766017
>all of development and playtesting of KLD/AER
fix'd
>>
>>53765455
SJW happens. Wimmin are not allowed to be the bad guy now.
>>
>>53766017
>feedback of "Invocations are visually unappealing and ugly, and have no cohesive theme"
2nd fix'd
I really need to proof-read my posts.
>>
>>53766017
>They took the feedback of "Invocations are visually unappealing and ugly" as "All Masterpieces suck, stop making them"
There was a whole bunch of backlash against the lack of theme in the Amonkhet masterpieces. That was the feedback they responded to.
>>
File: EN_MS-KLD-03PortraitPost[1].jpg (193KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
EN_MS-KLD-03PortraitPost[1].jpg
193KB, 768x432px
>>53765738
But I thought virtue-signaling SJWs were all about including non-heterosexual people in their work?

In all seriousness though, the entire MtG setting feels strangely desexualized. None of the characters feel like they have any sexuality to them at all. Sure, they're certainly attractive, and a few are explicitly gay or straight, but I can't imagine any of them as actual sexual creatures. Can you imagine Gideon hitting on some farmgirl back on Theros, trying to win her over with his cocksure smile and impressive physique? Jace locking eyes with some fellow timid student across the library halls? Does Chandra's impulsiveness translate to promiscuity, or does she fear intimate relationships? Is Liliana ever lonely?

We just don't know, because none of these characters have any development beyond "SNARKY QUIPPING FIRE GIRL" or "SMART QUIPPING WIZARD MAN" or "SARCASTIC QUIPPING SORCERESS". They feel entirely hollow.
>>
>>53766157
Maybe, but they took it as "stop making masterpieces entirely" instead of "make them always have an actual cohesive theme from now on"
>>
>>53766182
Eh, no. You didn't read the article. They won't do them every set. They will do them when there's a clear set appropriate theme to build them around.
>>
>>53766210
My point is that Wizards has quite a track record of misinterpreting feedback on a single bad product and then blanket applying that negative feedback to the entire line.
For example, Kamigawa was a bit of a mistake, but instead of having any kind of return to Kamigawa in the future with a better design and balance to fix the mistakes, they flat out said they're never going back there ever because of the feedback on it. Same situation with Lorwynn.

tl;dr they can't interpret feedback for shit, and they often ignore or overly generalize it
>>
>>53766169
Of course the lore in a game a significant part of whose market is pre-teens isn't going to be going into depth on the hard planeswalker fucking
>>
>>53766017
The actual reason they are limiting Masterpieces is because they had a hard time coming up with cohesive themes. So they are instead limiting the series to when it would make sense instead of just trying to come up with something because they need to
>>
>>53764707
>GOD DAMN IT WIZARDS STOP DOING THINGS I DONT LIKE
>but anon they haven't done that
>THEY BETTER FUCKING NOT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why would you not want a cute femboi planeswalker?
>>
>>53764291
Bontu's reckoning is more like a 6+ mana wrath because of the heavy downside
>>
>>53766409
MtG is 13+. And I don't want hardcore fucking or in-depth canon details on Garruk Wildspeaker's masturbation habits. Just...perhaps some kind of reference as to wether any of them have ever been in love would have been nice. Perhaps some mention of people they miss, or past relationships, or an off-hand comment about finding somebody attractive.

It doesn't even have to be anything sexual. I just want something resembling human emotion. Maybe Jace finds it difficult to deal with people due to his telepathy. Maybe Liliana genuinely believes other people to be beneath her, in a truly malicious way. Gideon feeling guilty over accidentally causing the death of the last band of quirky outcasts he ran with, and he fears history will repeat itself. Just SOMETHING.

Something that makes them feel like more than just hollow quip machines.
>>
>>53766706
But isn't the Chandra - Nissa flirting exactly the kind of thing you're talking about here?
>>
>>53763995
fucking this. This kind of shit has no place in a card game
>>
>>53766706
>Gideon feeling guilty over accidentally causing the death of the last band of quirky outcasts he ran with
isn't this one actually canon?
>>
>>53766169
>Can you imagine Gideon hitting on some farmgirl back on Theros, trying to win her over with his cocksure smile and impressive physique?
Uh... yes, absolutely? Gideon basically did this to Jace repeatedly, without even really trying - even goddamn Liliana, who's 3-4 times his age and his moral opposite, wants to jump his beef slab.

>Jace locking eyes with some fellow timid student across the library halls?
Jace is spaghetti for Liliana and gay for Gideon, he's also too smug to study. And he had mind sex with Nissa.

>Does Chandra's impulsiveness translate to promiscuity, or does she fear intimate relationships?
Chandra is a child.

>Is Liliana ever lonely?
Look, if anyone has a good excuse to be sexually dead it's the post-menopausal soulless stuck-up cunt who's always surrounded by corpses. Even then, she's totally willing to manipulate Jace's dick with flirting and PG-13 cockteasing.
>>
I really hate that Rosewater still believes Gate-watch is the "protagonists" of magic, like magic factually started with them.
>>
Based Microsoft Man fixing all that was bad these last years and telling those cucks that their "design philosophy" was absolute shit and that he wasn't having any of that anymore or everyone would be fired on the spot.

You can almost taste all the salty tears MaRo must have spilled while writing that article.
>>
>>53766890
No, he's saying they currently are.
Which they are, because that's what role Wizards has made for them to be.
The Gatewatch exists for its members to be the new overall protagonists.
>>
>>53766940
>Based Microsoft Man fixing all that was bad these last years and telling those cucks that their "design philosophy" was absolute shit and that he wasn't having any of that anymore or everyone would be fired on the spot.
I was completely disconnected from Magic since Khans, can some kind anon explain what was going on to me, please?
>>
>no more blocks
Uuuhhh weird
>Core sets back, they're gonna have a good number of reprints
Well that could be good
>inb4 it's all reprinted at Rare or higher
>>
>>53766973
The new CEO of WOTC used to head up (or was VP? can't remember) of Microsoft's XBOX division.
>>
>>53766956
His exact words are:

>The Gatewatch are still going to be our protagonists, but every member will no longer show up in every block.

He's saying they'll always be the protagonists in pretty clear cut black and white.
>>
>>53762149
Wait, is this a real thing or are we bullshitting each other?
>>
>>53764000
Not really, I'm not even sure we got all of the characters. We didn't get a new Gerrard every other set.
>>
>>53767010
Which is what I said.
They are currently the main protagonists, and will continue to be so, because they need them to be for their stupid movie.
This does not mean he is saying they were always the main protagonists, that 'magic factually started with them', in the least. They are currently the main protagonists (as far as Wizards is concerned) and so they will still be so moving forward. This does not at all mean they were always such. Just that they are now and will be in the future.
It's still dumb, yeah, but that's a separate issue. And fucking finally they stopped having them travel in a pack.
>>
>>53767066
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/metamorphosis-2-0-2017-06-12
>>
>>53767010
>they will never introduce a legion of doom into mtg to fight the planeswalker justic league
feelsbadman.jpg
>nicol bolas and tezzie dont count
>>
>>53767136
Oh you're just being a smart ass; got it.

I hope Hour finally kills one of them.
>>
>>53767165
You don't think Bolas, Emrakul, and Elesh Norn will get together and cackle maniacally as they plot to destroy those Superfools?
>>
>>53765138
People buying boxes just for masterpieces is a complete myth, and you're a retard for believing it.
>>
>>53767139
Gee, turns out axing core was a bad thing because it actually served a purpose.

Go fucking figure.
>>
>>53767249
Bolas doesn't really play nice with others unless their his underlings. Kinda his whole characters.
>>
>>53767249
would be nice, but one is in the moon, one isnt a planeswalker, and the bolas, I am still utterly confused by any sense of motivation the dragon has.

more along the lines of B list villans
>>
>>53767308
Bolas would be Lex Luthor, only... you know... a dragon.
>>
>>53766776
That's never going to go anywhere though. Lesbians always have the pacing of a dead snail.
>>
>>53766887
Gideon never ever does anything relating to sexuality. They play him off as mister eternally serious man.
>>
>>53767347
>one is in the moon
For now. The bad guys always break out by the next episode.
>one isnt a planeswalker
Easy work arounds, from the other planeswalkers helping to using phyrexian portals
>I am still utterly confused by any sense of motivation the dragon has
Get stronk
>>
>>53767188
How am I being a smartass?
The post said Maro was saying the Gatewatch were always Magic's protagonists.
The quote says no such thing, they're the protagonists NOW but not before.
>>
>>53767360
Bolas is more like Dark Sied. Guy is pure evil.
>>
>>53766706

Both of these:
>>53766776
>>53766881

And the fact that Jace and Liliana used to be in a relationship. It failed hilariously, in large part because she manipulated him and killed all his friends, but working together has led to them getting drunk and fucking since after forming the Gatewatch.
>>
>>53766890
Do you not know what "protagonists" means?
>>
>>53767401
Emrakul put herself in the moon and is currently explicitly aiding Nissa for...some reason.
>>
>>53764381

Reminder that Dragons make perfectly functional young women into gibbering autists
>>
I look forward to drafting the upcoming core set, hope they reprint a bunch of evergreen burn cards
>>
>>53767467
That story just gets dropped. Emrakul becomes a mustache twirler.
>>
>>53767435
He wasn't always a cardboard villain tho
>>
>>53767478
Why do you want a bunch of damage dealing with scry?
I mean, you could print a sorcery burn spell with conditional flash I guess but that's kinda silly, and no other evergreen keywords work on burn spells while also being in red.
>>
>>53767515
No, but that definitely always was part of the character.
>>
>>53767478
Yeah, I'm super exited for Chandra's Pyrohelix, Deem Worthy, Incendiary Flow, Boulderfall, and my personal favourite, Shock!
>>
>>53767467
Maybe Emmy's just tired of being sealed and/or used as a weapon every other block?
>>
>>53767708
"Fuck you all, I'm taking a nap. Except you, Nissa, you were nice and let me go, I'll help you out."
>>
>>53767708
I just fucking hope that Emmy is gonna turn Nissa into the next Karn, but for Eldrazi instead of phyrexians.

In 3 years we'll find out that Kaladesh is now an eldrazi plane and Saheeli is our first eldrazi planeswalker, all while Dovin has lost all semblance of composure and is hunting the gaywatch down for the destruction of his world.

And this will happen to every post-EmmyMoon plane Nissa visits.
>>
>>53767308
>Didn't read the flavor text of Slave of Bolas.

Amonkhet is a plane under his control. And he's going to probably try to eat the thing.
>>
>No more blocks
This disappoints me. Blocks led to really fun design philosophy (introduce mechanic in set 1, modify it/up complexity of it in sets 2 and 3 while introducing new mechanics that play well with previous mechanics from the set) and I think that the three set model was actually the best for telling stories ASSUMING THE WRITERS WEREN'T INCOMPETENT FANFIC TIER WRITERS.
>>
>>53768163
Blocks are still there, they just aren't fixed in size anymore because muh artistic designs n sheeeiit.

"Constraint breed creativity." - Igor Stravinsky
>>
>>53768163
story wise it was the best format but story's been so dogshit lately I can't imagine that format going over well at all. Imagine 3 blocks of build up for the Eldrazi to "i cast blaze; they all die"
>>
>>53768196
IIRC "blocks" aren't mechanically existent after we move to the new model. We might stay on the same plane over the course of multiple sets though.
>>
>>53766706
They literally do all of those things you just mentioned. It's like you read the stories but then forgot them or something.
>>
>>53768163
That's only one way of doing that design philosophy. I think being forced to design around that structure can be a harm as much as it is a help. There have definitely been times when it's made design worse not better, and I think they've pretty much exhausted all the possible variations on that structure.

There's really no actual reason for Magic to be grouped into blocks.

>>53768346
They could keep themes and plot elements around from set to set if they wanted to.
>>
Less of Jacetice League. NO! You still don't get it wotc - we're tired of them. Kill them off and use new characters!!
>>
>>53768163
Hopefully this means they'll do fun shit with the mechanics from the start instead of only doing the standard versions in order to save the modified versions for the next set.
On the other hand, they may well not because it's Wizards, but I can hope at least.
>>
>>53765606
Was it even a 'controversy'? I'd say it was more of that ONE article it was posted by that ONE lady who got triggered.

I would say debacle, WotC panicked and hit the delete button.
>>
>>53766787
>No dark skin can ever be in any card game damn it
The echoes of past RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEs are so strong I see their outlines piercing into the future
>>
>>53769562
Man, what did straw do to traumatize you to such a degree, anon?
>>
Bigger sets will help. I like core sets coming back, but don't expect much.
>>
>>53763647
but the emotional investment is huge
>>
File: Image (82).png (111KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (82).png
111KB, 223x311px
we need more fleshed out homolust
>>
>>53768163
The funny thing was with the block structure is that they weren't even exploiting the structure to have a mechanic return throughout all three blocks. Eldrazi, Avacyn, Dragon Maze, and New Phyrexia, and whatever the fuck the third set of Theros and Khans was just rapidly shifted away from anything the previous sets had.

So when you tell a new player, "Don't build around this mechanic, Wizards doesn't support it" it was true then, but the structure existed for them to not fuck up and fix their shit. Now, there is going to be ZERO structure, which means that every time we go to some shit block for one set or because of fucking core set returning, there is just going to be even more opportunities to tell people, "look, this fucking mechanic is going to get zero support as early as four months from now". And that is a horribly shitty thing to tell people then, and it's probably responsible for people just fucking giving up on the game.

First thing I hear about Standard from every fucking new player is that their cards are going to be more or less unplayable a year or two from now. I can't believe that the vast majority (95% easy) of shit doesn't even make it into casual play because of how little goddamn support it gets. First time Werewolves came around people had to wait 5 fucking years until they got more; what a shit situation that is for them and I bet they quit the goddamn game like many others.

I can't believe Core Sets are returning.

This is going to be a week-long of trainwrecks and I'm totally stoked to watch it.
>>
There is only one problem in Magic that needs to be solved.

The prices.

Fix that, and the rest will fall into line in some way or another. Stores will flourish with attendance and experienced players won't hesitate to buy sealed product to draft.
>>
So what do we know about Ixalan so far?
>>
>>53767708
EmeriaxNissa?
It must be lonely being the last Eldrazi.
>>
>>53770949
Four bucks a pack isn't too bad.
>>
>>53771015
It's not four bucks a pack, it's the fact that in that pack there is absolutely nothing worth owning.

Personally, the basic land is more useful than most of the pack most of the time. Maybe an Evolving Wilds.

As a Cube and Pauper player among other formats player most of that shit is useless.

To me, a pack is $4 for nothing. I'd probably get more enjoyment setting $4 on fire given how impossible it is to organize people to draft.
>>
>>53771063
Where do you live that a draft doesn't fire? We have one twice a week. And that's not counting the four other shops.

Honestly I struggle to imagine a world where every pack has something for a cube player. I don't know what that could entail.
>>
>>53771191
I mean sitting down with 7 other people and drafting without forcing the store to sanction it. It's fucking impossible. I just want to sit down with 7 other people who won't fucking run off after the first hour. Or 7 people who are adult enough to show up on time; or won't fucking forget to show up. Or 7 other people who aren't so poor they can't afford packs.

Look, not every Cube is a high powered piece of bullshit like the Cube you see online. You can print good cards for Cube players that isn't Mana Vault. As it is, no cards in any rarity in the average pack contains any cards that would appeal to anybody.
>>
>>53771266
I once built a coreset cube. It ran commons and whatnot from all the coresets. It was pretty fun, if a bit all over the place. It got stolen a year or so ago with my collection.

And yeah, casual drafts are impossible to organize. I've had two boxes of Conspiracy 2 and 1 box of Conspiracy 1 for like a year now.
>>
>>53768196
I'm not sure if you're being satirical or not, but you realize that your quote is actually in favor of a more rigid 2/3 set format?
>>53768276
I wouldn't have minded 2 sets of buildup to end with "I cast blaze; they all die" since hopefully the second act (shit getting well and properly fucked) would have been good. The general resolution of AVR was dosgshit bt INN and DKA were both solid worldbuilding sets with a reasonably interesting narrative. Under a 2 set paradigm there isn't as much opportunity to present world building because the story needs to 'happen' almost immediately. I do agree that the story has been dogshit lately and no changes to the block structure will improve it. From a game design perspective though, I think that single set blocks are bad though.
>>53769180
Doubtful. Introducing a mechanic with a consistent value/cost allows designers to ease players into higher complexity versions due to familiarity with how the mechanic works at the base level. BFZ and SOI blocks were already deemed 'too complex' by Maro so eliminating one of the key ways to increase complexity naturally without confusing new [read: retarded] players doesn't bode well for overall design complexity.
>>53769023
I quite strongly disagree. Just operating off of TimeSpiral block there are still a lot of unique ways to combine or evolve preexisting mechanics in novel, well designed ways. I doubt either of us will be able to change the other's mind however.
>>53770858
ROE and AVR were experiments that weren't drafted with previous sets in the block. The mechanical disparity was intentional.
DGM used literally the same mechanics as RTR and GTC, NPH kept with the infect, metalcraft, and strong artifact themes. DTK kept morph and about half of the FRF clan mechanics. JOU also kept devotion, scry (not evergreen at the time), Bestow, Heroic and Inspired. I'm not sure how you interpreted anything but ROE and AVR as 'rapidly shifting away from anything the previous sets had'.
>>
>>53767467
Nissa is gay and emerakul is an interdimensional ayyngel. She wants to probe her.
>>
>25th anniversary of magic B&R announcements
>I won't be able to read them for at least 5 hours after launch because of my working conditions
If they dump shit off the reserve list remember to start as many fires as possible, this will be a signal to me that something happened.
>>
>>53771425
I don't know how far we're going to get here but I'm going to go at it anyways.

NPH had three Metalcraft cards. Two at Rare and dispatch, it rendered the entire strategy inert in Limited. Artifact themes go out the fucking window when you have an entire set devoid of artifact incentive cards and when you push the Phyrexian Mana cards to be so desirable that no artifact-centric deck can acquire a critical mass of them to make use of the artifact-matters cards that you don't get enough of in the later packs. In Constructed there's nothing much to say because the Titans rendered every creature from SOM block useless.

The entire reason why RTR and GTC ran at all was because of the synergy internally between the sets. While the synergies were certainly going to be broken, DGM broke them even further by rendering the incentive cards useless by offering not even the slightest support for the previous mechanics, thus like with NPH that entire block was rendered a useless pile of "throw the most efficient creatures at each other until someone wins" instead of making use of any mechanics whatsoever. With each mechanic only getting one set of focus, Constructed players were once again reminded to never commit to a mechanic when exploring a new deck because there will never be enough payoff.

Constellation came last and they didn't print enough cards to make the mechanic relevant in Constructed. Devotion is not the goddamn mechanic you build your set around, it's colors, it will support itself, what matters is the Enchantment theme, which they should have pushed using a sub-mechanic like with the Cartouches this time around to accommodate Constellation. Instead, they waited until the last fucking set to print Constellation and gave you no way to repeated cast or recur Enchantments for value, which rendered the format to making the biggest Heroic creature and hitting each other with the biggest creatures. This had a crap impact on Constructed AND Limited.
>>
Calling it now

Fast mana banned in paper commander
No more Command Tower > Sol Ring > Signet > Mana Vault > Mana Crypt Turn 1 Nutdraws ruining games.

Finally the Jhonnys at my lgs will have to tune down their gameplan because they would play every single fast mana ramp available to play their commander on turn 2-3 and win the game on the spot.

Commnader is all about interaction but it sucks whenever one player gets the mana ramp nutdraw and wins over everyone.
>>
>>53771741
If Wizards knew what the fuck they were doing they would have know it would have been a shit idea to put ROE and AVR and standalone without featuring the previous mechanics. They unfucked themselves with the later third-sets but as I said did a shit job of it.

I know I haven't changed your mind. But here's all that matters to me. The company has been making the game for 20+ years and for some goddamn reason they have forgotten how the fuck shit is supposed to work to make people happy. New shit all the time is not necessarily a good thing.

Fulfilling their dreams of doing something cool and exploring something new is worth it even with the Internet fucking things up. You give them a box of Lego and they'll be happy to tinker. Except in this metaphor you've given them an insufficient number of bricks and the only goddamn thing you can build is a four legged thing that will be more or less indistinguishable for someone else's four legged thing.
>>
>>53771788
Fast mana is already banned by wotc
>>
>>53772038
Online 1v1 commander only
>>
>>53767367
>Lesbians always have the pacing of a dead snail.
Have you ever known a lesbian? They literally bring fucking moving trucks on the third date.
>>
>>53772277
Sheldon works for scgs, they sell fast mana for big bucks. Sheldon will not ban fast mana.
>>
>>53764000
Gerrard Syndrome.
They kept pushing the character as the hero all the fans should like, but everyone hated him. Why they didn't learn their lesson is beyond me.
>>
>Success #3—Quicker Storytelling
Are they fucking delusional? This has been a travesty throughout the two set model.
>>
I know some people didn't like the Amonkhet masterpieces, but fuck. They're doing this literally one set after they announced it would become a regular thing. Now Standard is going to get stupidly expensive again.
>>
>>53767856
Where DID Emrakul go after being accidentaly freed by Nissa? Back to the blind eternities till Nahiri dragged her to Innistrad?
>>
>>53774162
She fucked around on Zendikar for a bit, then got dragged to Innistrad, at which point she was just kind floating there unable to leave but unable to do anything but make everything go fucking nuts due to Avacyn's presence.
>>
>>53762610
>Magic moves in 2-3 year cycles, which is what the average player stays in the game.
Maro has gone on record saying the average player sticks around 9 years, according to their data.
>>
>>53763439
No, that's change wariness, not being exhausted from doing it so often.
>>
>>53764469
>Why do you have no issue with sociopaths, but have an issue with autists?
One of those is being pushed in all media as okay and normal and fine, and the other isn't.
>>
>>53763995
I agree with this.
>>
>>53763995

this. dont really care about the other shit, this is the problem that really lies at the heart of all the others
>>
>>53764088
>>Cutting back on the Jacetice League
>Fucking finally, too bad they're still be the protagonist.
I honestly didn't mind the Gatewatch all THAT much, more how they were employed. Using four or five of them in a single plane just led to overcrowding of characters for a writing team that frankly didn't really have the literary ability to keep them viably differentiated. Compare Jace, a single member, wandering around Innistrad (and occasionally interacting with Tamiyo or Liliana), to the mess on Kaladesh with all of them around at once AND adding Ajani at the end.

Just using two or three per plane is plenty. They can play off one another to a certain extent, without losing their individual voice.
>>
>>53763931
I really miss block constructed.
>>
>>53766887
Liliana wants Jace's dick something hard. Unfortunately, she also wants him to need her and be dependent on her, so Gideon is looking out for his bro and having none of that shit.
>>
>>53763721
then why is it shit
>>
>>53774379
MaRo can fucking suck cock with their data. Idiot players who join and leave the game every two or three years and come back for two or three years only to drop again after a couple years hardly counts as a player who has played for 9 years.

The 2-3 year lifespan of an "addict" is correct.

Here's the deal, you have 9-year long players now, how long is that going to last. For the past two decades there has always been a home for these people to return to the flock.

But what happens when the store shuts down and it isn't replaced. What if the online market makes it really fucking hard to own a store selling board games and other /tg/ things. What the fuck is Wizards doing to make sure stores stay open so their fucking paper product can continue giving these fairweather players a home to return to.

Fuck MaRo and his bullshit statistics.

Do you know who takes player surveys? People who have no fucking lives and too much time on their hands. And yeah, they're more pathetic than people here, on 4chan or Reddit.
>>
>>53774710
Try actually reading Metamorphosis 2.0. The answers are there.
>>
>>53774753
I always try to remember to take their feedback surveys when I'm especially offended by the shit they pushed out this time
So I always try to do it. I was never more offended than that one time it flat out kicked you out of the survey if you said you played more than once a week
>>
>>53774379
Let me tell you how "statistics" work when quoted for PR/marketing purposes.

Wizards does none of their shit in-house. They outsource it to people whose only job is to build surveys. These people, no matter how much time they spend at Wizards learning about the game, don't actually know how the game works at the ground level. They don't go to FNM, they don't go to GPs, they don't buy product at a store. And the thing is, these survey companies, they basically need to present data that makes the company happy and they don't have the budget to do it properly because if they present the reality, they might lose their contract. Not that they would do it properly because they are pretty much shoehorned to fudge the data to make whoever is in charge "happy". That means returning statistics that justify whatever the fuck the company wants to do.

They don't use statistics to discover and justify decisions. They use statistics to justify decisions they've already made and the public generally swallows it.

Commercial statistics are not science. If it was science there is no fucking way Wizards would fuck up as much as it does because they would actually be addressing problems in the game. Instead they're incompetent and they're fudging their numbers and feeding it to players who apologize for MaRo like you have.

Guess what, these surveys, they kick you out if you play too much. They also kick you out if you play less than once every few months. They make ZERO effort to solicit feedback from people who just might be pissed at their shit product. If you don't play enough, you don't fucking matter. I think that's called disconfirmational bias and not only is it that, it's done on purpose. Everyone's fucking starving, but let's just ask the people with food on the table how they feel about the availability of food. Fuck you Wizards.
>>
lotta mad people in this thread for a dead game

The way to deal with not liking mtg is to not play it.
>>
>>53774948
Or just don't play Standard.
>>
>>53774948

>want to play MtG again after focusing on school/work for a few years
>get a new box, smell the fresh cards, have fun playing with friend
>go to LgS for drafts, full of autists, fat neckbeards, highschoolers, asian try hards, and that one guy in his 40's wearing a fucking tie
>look online for singles prices, stupidly expensive for most of them
>most cards in general are fucking unplayable
>dont even have a big enough social group to regularly draft with or do group commander with

i dont even know what im doing here
>>
>>53774948
No lie. Everyone alright with the hobby keeps their chill undisturbed by not posting. Everyone with bile and boiled piss lets it out in the same half dozen soundbite complaints. Or they want the kids off their lawn.
>>
>>53763995
Half this.
Bring back Garruk, fire the hambeast.

There's no reason you can't still have 'diverse' characters without making them pandering dogwhistle tumblrite shlickbait.
>>
>>53775049
No offense, but if the majority of you out there not posting are satisfied I feel like you don't care enough. I feel like you don't care that the game can be better or you are simply ignorant as to how it could be better. It can be better but you're satisfied at where it is.

I wouldn't go as far to say that there is anything wrong with your love. But I do feel your love and those with you who continue to support Wizards' decisions by buying their product and maintaining this status quo is preventing the company from doing any real self reflection.

We are expressing problems. Real problems. And the best you can do is say, "well you're just an angry person". Sure, they're the same complaints over and over again, but that doesn't make them any less of a complaint.
>>
>>53775060
The only clickbait stuff I keep seeing is in the comment sections online. Nobody I play with or talk about this shit IRL has ever mentioned the shit you're on about. If it ain't as egregious as the Planeteers or the Power Ragers for forced diversity, no one really cares.
>>
File: karn.png (34KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
karn.png
34KB, 128x128px
>>53773680
>tfw you actually liked Gerrard
and Squeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>53775002
Trying to play the game and have a good time?
>>
File: 1490321708394.jpg (31KB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
1490321708394.jpg
31KB, 540x395px
>>53775002
You and me both friendo.

MTG Puzzle Quest on Android isn't bad if you need your 'open a pack' addiction fed, Just don't spend your kikedollars on it.
PC Games (not MtGO) are pretty good if you just want a match once in a while.
>>
>>53775119
'Care enough?' Since when was I supposed to get passionate and bent out of shape over a game I bought? I have real problems, none of them tied to the disposition of my hobby. You can die on that hill if you want. I have other games to play.
>>
>>53775283
I can play the game, give feedback if it isn't to my liking after the decade and some change of me playing, but I feel no stake of ownership of a corporate product that amounts to a bunch of colored cardboard.
>>
>>53774861
Considering Wizards, I wouldn't doubt it if R&D DOES think the statistics are accurate.
Because they're told that and trust the people that tell them that. And then they do the stuff the statistics say to do and it doesn't work because the statistics are fucked.
>>
File: bloodhall priest.jpg (189KB, 750x404px) Image search: [Google]
bloodhall priest.jpg
189KB, 750x404px
>>53775330
I feel like someone in their Community team monitors Reddit or something for feedback. Then one day there's some crazy bitching about sexy characters and those community people in their weekly meeting announce something along the lines of, "players no longer like sexy people".

Let's just say that is a accurate representation of the data returned from their outreach/monitoring. We all know it's not fucking true but for some reason, after applying statistical tools to weed out bias in the sample, that is the conclusion.

So imagine you go and tell a huge room of people that. Just tell everyone that the data has returned that sexy is no longer cool. In the entire history of mankind, sexy has fallen out of favor; just today; seriously; no joke.

If I was in that room, I would challenge the fuck out of that. Are you telling me that sex, from this day forward will not sell? Even tasteful attractiveness? I mean are we really going to go through all our art assets and de-sexify it? We're shrinking down highly detailed works of art where many minute details are hard to distinguish from another, but we're going to take a huge part of expression in that small space i.e. toned men and curvy women and just throw it out the window.

Look at that picture. Look at all the sex appeal that you know has been utterly sucked out of it. Or worse, it was never there to begin with, that was the "vision" that existed from the beginning.

That's not the only card. The entire block was full of shit art like this. It's fine that you have bad art, but there was so much dogshit art that you have to wonder, if someone was looking at these cards and they saw mostly shit art, why the hell would they be interested in your game.

>>53775197
See this art? That's appealing. That's going to get a person interested. My image? Dogshit.

>>53770742
This image, also crap.
>>
>>53769023
They could. They still wouldn't be drafted together though.
>>
>>53775585
That fucking Down's syndrome face.
>>
>>53775585
The fact that they have someone trawling reddit is an open secret since reddit sometimes gets a spoiler card (A legit one, not like the ones we get).
The only problem with this is that Reddit's MtG community is so heavily censored as a result of the mods being afraid of losing the spoiler card and the fact that reddit's entire design is centered around stamping out dissenting opinions, that the entire place has become an echo chamber for whatever wizards does
>>
>>53775632
It also looks like the face of a fat, babyfaced man
>>
File: thedeathofmagic.png (892KB, 664x895px) Image search: [Google]
thedeathofmagic.png
892KB, 664x895px
>>53775585
You are not wrong, there reddit is a fucking echo chamber of SJW ideals and there mods will ban you for speaking ill of the SJW bullshit. You can blame the cunts in the pic related, they went from nobodys to WotC community Managers thanks to that Profressor faggot. Funny how they hid there pateron amount, before they hid it, it was almost at 3K and raising. They pushed for even mildly sexy playmats (like some anime girl in a bikini) and for saying faggot or making your opponent uncomfortable a DQ'able offence in competitive mtg. I just want my game back.
>>
>>53775856
That art of them is legitimately abhorrent
>>
Here's to hoping we get more sexy art in metamorphosis 2.0
>>
>>53775856
>a fucking echo chamber of SJW ideals
Depends on the subreddit you visit. There are several that are just as critical of SJWs as people are here.
>>
File: 360668ea7e5e6e4f30f7c09716771f06.jpg (345KB, 1170x855px) Image search: [Google]
360668ea7e5e6e4f30f7c09716771f06.jpg
345KB, 1170x855px
>>
>>53775585
Let's just use something less easy to pick on.

I'm liking the dynamic pose. That's a plus as is the idea of something swordfighting in a dress. But really, what is there about this art that's any good beyond that. I'm aware the shit haircuts are established on Innistrad but it's not helping, so you have to make up for it by dazzling with the rest of the art. From the first look (on a card) all you see is something slashing small vague blobs of grey. You can't even express to a new player that the vampire is fighting eldrich horrors. Why would anybody be interested in this setting, which is a fairly excellent setting, when they can't be drawn in by the art. It's hardly expressing the setting in the slightest. You have a lack of skin showing on the vampire, the hair is going against it, it's kicking the ass of something nobody can make out from the card.

Is it so hard to give the back of the dress some skin; or give it an intricate pattern. It's fucking Emrakul on the plane, contrast the fucking gothic horror shit by giving the monsters actual purple, blue, and red coloring. Only experienced players are going to understand the reference to the Trepination Blade but for those who don't, just really fucking put all the emphasis and flare on it, show that this person wielding it is a total badass.

Tell me, why the fuck would I care about this world to learn more about it. I shouldn't need to get a lecture on the deep lore of Innistrad (and Zendikar) to make sense of what the fuck is going on here. Look at the fucking flavor text, "Writhe all you want, filth. It will do you no good". Nice, we're fighting generic piles of trash. If it was my job to write that, I would hope I don't get fucking fired for that line.

It's also a Madness card. She doesn't look even remotely crazy enough to give anybody any impression she's in a bloodlust. I want to see fucking red energy coming out of those eyes, supercharging the sword.
>>
File: furyblade vampire.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
furyblade vampire.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>>53775928
We're talking about the core /r/magictcg subreddit. Who gives a fuck if some corner thinks otherwise. The consensus pushed by the general forum is horrifying.

>>53775954
Forgot art.
>>
File: retarded.png (15KB, 939x159px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.png
15KB, 939x159px
>>53775928
I am talking about the general mtg one, that retarded response in pic related is from one of their head mods, who will ban people for pointing out the SJW shit that is happening to the game.
>>
File: Pissed off Black Women.png (159KB, 736x295px) Image search: [Google]
Pissed off Black Women.png
159KB, 736x295px
>>53775585
Don't forget about this happy hippo that is there "black nerd consultant"
>>
>>53776032
That is literally the most pointless job ever.
All the black nerds I've ever met usually try to conform to the rest of the group the hardest, they're not the type of people who go "AYO IM BLACK" every 3 seconds liike this woman likely does. Black nerds are Nerds first and blacks second, which is how it should be
>>
>>53776083
The black people I know, nerds or not, only ever pull the race card in a joking manner.
>>
>>53776118
I have a similar experience with jews
>>
>>53775992

I don't really get what she's saying. That just because groups do better than white men while not passing as white men that doesn't mean white men don't have all the advantages?
>>
>>53776209
They're practicing for when they make metal gymnastics an olympic sport
>>
File: happy_headbang.gif (487KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
happy_headbang.gif
487KB, 500x275px
>>53776215
>metal gymnastics
>>
>>53776230
I missed an N but whatever, that works fine too
>>
I think it's interesting that I agree with so many of the angry criticisms of mtg people have made in this thread but somehow it doesn't matter to me

I still have a good time drafting every new expansion and masters set, and cube drafts are my favorite of all

And I still have so much fun playing edh, the other day I got to play doubling season, play OG Tamiyo and instantly ultimate, then play new Tamiyo and ultimate her over and over and play my whole library for free

It's like wotc can't fuck up enough to actually make the game not fun for me
>>
>>53765455
I mean she currently just wants out of her demon contracts, she's probably going to start pulling more shady shit after she gets out of them.
>>
>>53776118
I use the race card to be able to make jokes that would get white people fired for various reasons.
>>
>Core sets return

Yay

>They're gonna be dumbed down shit with no good reprints or cards in general AND will serve as an excuse not to put reprints in the real sets
>>
I get the SJW bullshit, I don't like it, but I get it. They jumped off the "battlethong" bandwagon pretty early.

forced diversity and tokenism might alienate aging white dudes, but these cards are in every wal mart in America, they have a high visibility and have to hold themselves to a different standard than most of their fans would like them to as a result of that.

WotC's ramp philosophy is in full swing. Their entire business model is based off of a person picking up a starter deck from those wal mart shelves and eventually playing at FNMs with a standard deck and attending release events. The hope is that you will consider playing modern right when some of the cards you are most attached to begin to cycle out. Reprinting cards like force of will/pact of negation really only serve to incentivize you to do so.

>>53775585
Look at this entire last decade. Authors, TV producers,filmmakers, video game devs and board game companies have ALL had this issue. History will look at this as the era in which social issues and identity politics were fought through lore changes and retcons to established narratives and settings.

>>53775002
holy fucking shit this is accurate. Sums up my experience with MTG.

>>53775856
>They pushed for even mildly sexy playmats (like some anime girl in a bikini) and for saying faggot or making your opponent uncomfortable a DQ'able offence in competitive mtg.

This isn't the worst thing that could happen to MTG. It's not like the neckbeard is going to quit the game because he is told that he cant play on his custom loli card mat and it can foster a friendlier atmosphere for the non basement dwellers that want to get into the game.
>>
>>53763995
I agree.
>>
>>53762149
All fairly good changes

That is to say they are correcting the many many recent BAD changes they made recently. Fucking Ray Charles could have seen that spamming masterpieces in every set and shoving the Jacetice league down everyones throat, while simultaneously extracting as much money as possible from everyone would have a very quick breaking point. Personally I would have preferred them to kill off the Gatewatch but I get why they keep them. Gotta sell your Jace sleeves, your jace binders, your jace snuggy with cloak, your jace dildos, your jace fidget spinners etc.

However the "every set is gonna be large and by itself" plan sounds bad to me. For one I really like quite a lot of the 2 set mixed drafts and sealed pools. You get a lot more card interactions and strategy and pick order may change a lot with the new set. Keeps limited pretty fresh and exciting imo and I don't know why you'd basically announce gimping yourself so hard.

Secondly, we already shift sets so fast that we don't get fully fleshed out and explore all the mechanics they introduce, leaving most of them with too little support or not enough depth to see a purpose. It's quite annoying when a lot of these could have been a bit of fun had they had 2 or 3 sets to get it together.

>Alright guys we have a new ingest mechanic, it's gonna focus on exi- eh fuck it moving on
>Boom a whole new land type. Colorless matters set, so we are gonna have- you know what lets just go to innistrad again
>Alright we are gonna do madness again but this time- eh pretty bored already
>You know what I'm tired of skipping mechanics. Lets make a lot of energy cards and lets make it extremely parasitic! Also lets just force a few really good vehicles because thats what people like.
>also we will make a lot of artifacts matter cards but we won't be in this location long enough and the next couple sets won't involve artifacts sooo just play energy and vehicles lmao

3 sets in a block was a necessary evil
>>
>>53766017
Felidar was changed late in development I think. That's usually how that stuff happens.
>>
>>53775856
>go to a lot of events and different stores
>be matched up against a girl
>99%* of the time they are just the girlfriend of someone else at the event
>99%* of the time they are bad and barely understand the game and if they do they play on the most basic level imaginable

I just don't get it

I have a friend who drags his girlfriend through this shit and it's just confusing

>he builds her infect awhile back for whatever reason
>well infect is fairly straightforward at least
>he tells me to practice against her
>k
>she goes first plays inkmoth passes
>alright..thoughtseize?
>she had a glistener elf and misty rainforest in hand with a lot of other good spells and just chose to lead on inkmoth
>have to constantly watch her make misplay after misplay everytime I hang out with them
>she hasn't improved a bit since
>>
>>53772526
They're probably talking about anime or some shit.
>>
>>53766973
WotC President Mr. Cocks is going to Fix Magic, leave D&D to rot, is what.
>>
>>53775856
>They pushed for even mildly sexy playmats (like some anime girl in a bikini) and for saying faggot or making your opponent uncomfortable a DQ'able offence in competitive mtg.

There is literally nothing wrong with this. Socially inept neckbeards can shape up or ship out, and the rest of us will be the better for it.

I'm not exactly dying to to play against the kind of person who would bring an anime waifu playmat to play with strangers.
>>
>>53777287
Have you tried talking to her? Explaining her how to get better? Her boyfriend seems to not bother to.

I don't want to be some SJW guy, but this is one of the reasons there just aren't alot of women invested in MTG.
>>
>>53778793
Honestly, that's just gonna make him come off as a disgusting know-it-all. Unless she specifically asks for advice you have no reason to just blurt it out.

What he could do is ask after the match "why did you make this and that play?" and if she then asks "why do you ask?" you can follow up with something like "it just seems like so and so would have been better."
>>
>>53778793
>>53778899
Won't work.
From my experience, talking down to women (doesn't matter if you're not, they'll see it that way) is a surefire way to get them to hate you.
Chances are she likes the idea of the game and hanging out and sharing a hobby with her boyfriend more than the actual game. He knows this and has accepted it, she knows this but won't acknowledge it, the rest of the world knows it so well but is so far in denial that there's an entire movement based on denying this phenomenon, and part of life is just learning to shrug and go through the motions because you're one man and incapable of unraveling the feminine psyche and human condition over a children's card game.
>>
>>53778734
>>53777053
>being this triggered by anime
>coming to 4chan while being this normie
WHY?
H
Y
?
Why don't you faggots stay on Reddit?
>>
>>53779022
I came here to hate on anime years before reddit even existed.
>>
>>53779022

Anon, I own statues of anime girls. I own multiple series on DVD. I fucking love anime. That doesn't mean that I want to play against those socially inept enough not to manage their powerlevel appropriately in public.
>>
>>53777287
In my 10 years of this stupid game the only female players I've met break down as follows
~5% are there because they like to play magic the gathering. These are the best players.
~25% are there because they're fat/ugly and turn to nerd activities hoping a desperate beta male will latch on to them. These are mediocre players
~70% are there because their boyfriend plays and they can't stand that he enjoys an activity that doesn't involve her so she forces her way in to the game so she can receive constant attention from him by saying she doesn't understand what this card does. These are the worst players who make little to no effort to actually learn the game. Once they break up with their boyfriend they will never touch another magic card again.
>>
File: 11[1].jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
11[1].jpg
74KB, 312x445px
are they going to stop making the art look like 95% of it was made in a chinese sweatshop under the watchful eye of pic related any time soon?
>>
>>53779415
And what counts as "managing power level" to you? For example the only anime-related accessory I own is a playmat with an image done in a Chinese inkwash style with a calligraphy brush: it just happens to be of an anime character.

Is that "managed" enough for you?
>>
>>53762149
These all sound like good changes, but the problem was a lot of the changes in metamorphosis 1.0 sounded fine as well.
I think one of the biggest problems was that they abruptly shifted sets they had already started working on to the new model at the last minute, leading to the clusterfuck of BfZ and standard basically being shit ever since. Given the timeline, it sounds like they may be doing the same thing again, and not giving the sets in development enough time to adapt to the new structure. There will always be kinks to iron out with a change like this, and having change follow change at the current rate just sounds like a recipe to fuck up their designing processes.
>>
>>53779985
If his feminist, blue-haired gf finds it problematic, it has to go, dude.
>>
>>53779985
Not him, but I think it really depends on the playgroup/LGS. Most of the people I play with at my LGS I've known for a long time, so I'm comfortable enough bringing out symphogear sleeves on occasion (mostly to standard, because there's nothing of value to lose there by being less serious). If you're new to an LGS, you really should do everyone the courtesy of feeling out their general views towards what's acceptable. Social interaction 101, if you bring waifu sleeves and playmat to a group that really doesn't care for those things, you're not going to make many friends, or will at least be facing an uphill battle.
>>
>>53780351
On the flip side we're talking about an adult in a modest, culturally-appropriate outfit and depicted in an imitation of classical Asian styles. There are official products for sale at almost every store I've been to that could be construed as "less tasteful".

So really, whose business is it to tell me that something which violates no rules and depicts nothing even remotely offensive is unacceptable?
>>
>>53779415
>not using your power level to tilt your opponents
I don't wear shirts with anime tits, or say "baka" all the time, but I sleeve my decks how I like, and enjoy the possibility that my power level triggers "serious" players.
>>
>>53780490
Yeah, I noticed after I posted I kind of missed that there's a baseline of what should be acceptable. Anime art in particular can often get pretty borderline, but there's literally no reason for anyone to get upset over something that's perfectly tasteful. Calligraphy brush sounds classy enough that it should never be an issue. Just as you should show some restraint to what you bring out to gatherings of strangers, they also need to be open to things that remain tasteful. Being a dick about things is every bit as damaging as bringing your precure game mat and matching sleeves out to your first FNM at a new LGS.
>>
>>53775060
>Bring back Garruk, fire the hambeast.
This

Garruk was cool, and Magic was pretty diverse for a fantasy setting. Notice all the white people in your DnD books? How about all those white people in Harry Potter. Or Game of Thrones?

It could be more diverse yeah, but "just adding diversity" is dumb. Almost as dumb as unnamed posters in a Chinese motion picture board bitching about a plane not being populated exclusively with white people.
>>
File: 1373649115052.png (232KB, 636x461px) Image search: [Google]
1373649115052.png
232KB, 636x461px
>>53780351
>Oh no the guys has weird anime sleeves and >its sexy REEEEEE
>"Social interaction 101."
Yeah maybe if you're a fucking beta male who cares about the approval of your fellow beta males. I used to play sleeves of some chick with massive tits mid shirt strip with a minster behind her, guess what? Never got a single fucking complaint and played with them till they fell apart
>>
>>53781293
Congratulations?
>>
>>53781293

Just becaus people were friendly and didn't want to make you feel bad, doesn't mean you weren't totally embarassing yourself
>>
File: 1374691533981.jpg (11KB, 327x388px) Image search: [Google]
1374691533981.jpg
11KB, 327x388px
>>53781642
"Hey man those cards sleeves have art of a fictional woman and that makes me uncomfortable."
YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME, CALLED MAGIC THE GATHERING.
Fuck me i am so sick of this community pretending it has class or a reputation to keep, need i remind you of "crack style" from a year or two back? Stop being little beta bitches for the wommins who don't even play this game and the few that actually play don't give a fuck
>>
>>53781783
>need i remind you of "crack style" from a year or two back
What is it?
>>
>>53781843
http://imgur.com/gallery/SjcgE

This guy, i honestly hated him at first but now i think what he did was a public service and should have gotten people to stop pretending we're men of class and not just nerds playing a card game
>>
>>53777007
So they're exactly the same core sets we've been getting since M11.
>>
>>53769466
Man
The article was by a man
>>
>>53763587
Or you could just use your money to, you know, invest in Hasbro and become and influential shareholder, convince others that the reserved list is a dumb business decision and convince corporate to reveres WotC's position.
>>
>>53781931
>i honestly hated him at first
That shit was great from the start.
>>
>>53782468
To be fair this was back when i was deluded enough to think i could find a 3.14 GF thru my hobbies
>>
>>53781931
Eh. Part of the point is he picked out the most stereotypical "worst cases", which quite aside from the problems people picked with it at the time isn't fair to the rest of us.

My local shop is mostly frequented by businessmen, university students, and marines. I can think of one regular that's kind of overweight, and I've never played against anyone who was an asshole or poorly-adjusted in any way. Some of us have absolutely nothing in common apart from Magic: the enlisted in particular sometimes don't have the time or opportunity to pursue many other hobbies, and aren't what you'd really consider "nerds".
>>
>>53766107
We just had Nahiri as villian
>>
>>53784102
You might not have noticed, but WotC were really careful about not explicitly calling her the villain in the story. The one time they did imply it they were quick to point out that from her perspective, Sorin was the villain.
>>
File: c7fe6a9a5b[1].png (435KB, 886x725px) Image search: [Google]
c7fe6a9a5b[1].png
435KB, 886x725px
>>53777244
Nope! They were just exceedingly fucktarded with the cat.
>>
>>53780490
Pics?
>>
>>53787220
So the problem with this is that it allows for stalling ad infinitum?
>>
>>53779985

Managing your power level is pretty simple. It means not doing things that will make you look like a sperglord to the average person.

I'm really not sure why you're so defensive about this, anon. This is common sense. It's no different from observing basic manners and social niceties.
>>
>>53787685
They only noticed that it created infinite enter the battlefield/leave the battlefield triggers.
You can't stall with it, you say how many times you're doing the combo and then have to pick a different target, and trying to stall with it gets you hit with violations for slow play.
>>
>>53787685
the problem is that they didn't realize the interaction it had with Saheeli Rai
>>
>>53787814
>>53787815
Oh I see, infinite bounce saheeli and swing, beuno.
How does wizards fuck that up?
>hey were making a flicker creature
>okay, should we see if this card can be exploited?
>nah if we fuck up we can just ban it lel
Why is this their attitude?
>>
>>53787964
Most likely they made the cat before Saheeli (or at least before they gave her the ability to clone creatures), noticed that it made infinite ETB triggers with a second copy of itself, decided that it wasn't much a problem and forgot that it existed as they likely didn't think it would see much play outside of kitchen tables and therefore never came to think about how it actually went infinite with the new planeswalker.
>>
File: latest.jpg (493KB, 1000x1511px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
493KB, 1000x1511px
>>53780656
>Notice all the white people in your DnD books?
...white people?
>>
>>53777287
>my wife's more into the game than I am
>she drags me to prereleases
>while I have a firmer grasp on the weird technicalities of the rules, she's better at tactical thinking
>she usually places into the packs, while I'm left tiredly explaining rules interactions to my opponents in the lower rungs
Every now and then, I'm forcibly reminded that my life is Bizarro-world.
>>
>>53775954
>>53775989
This is a fantastic piece, and all of your suggested changes sound godawful. It doesn't need to be overblown anime shit to be aesthetically pleasing, and who the hell would bother embroidering an intricate pattern on the back of a dress?

Besides, no matter what you think of it, at least it isn't as shitty as >>53775941
>>
>>53770858
>>53770858
This guy gets it.
>>
>>53787964
There is absolutely nothing wrong with them fucking up and taking measures to correct their mistake.

The problem is two-fold. One, their testing is fucking shitty and godawful so boring gameplay gets through and actual mistakes like this get through. And two, they don't proactively ban or unban shit when they need to but for obvious reasons because the community thinks acknowledging a mistake is a capital offense that should result in someone losing a job, which is why they're too chicken shit to do the right thing.

You can give zero fucks and be ban heavy. Or you can give a few fucks and be hesitant to admit your mistakes. In this case they give zero fucks and don't admit to their mistakes until way after the damage is done.
>>
>>53762149
This dude's face reminds me of Glen Beck.
>>
>>53762476
>Is there a term for "change fatigue"?
Yeah this.

Kinda getting the vibe they don't know what they're doing. It's almost like that dropping everything and changing methods at the whims of "What profitable" is kinda like saying ... They don't know what they are doing, and have no insight in the game anymore.
>>
>>53763190
bu-but-but ... They are just trying to balance Draft!
>>
>>53762518
>>53762844
>>53777007
Well. I gave up on buying core sets slight before they announced they were removing it.

All I can do is continue to Not buy any. Dollars are the only language WotC understands. Maro even half-admits so in the article.
>>
File: white_people.jpg (584KB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
white_people.jpg
584KB, 1000x2000px
>>53788340
>>
>>53762149

I don't really get the impression that they really know what they did wrong, they're just reverting a handful of the last things they did like a Windows rollback.

Core sets especially sounded like "we don't actually know what we're going to do with these but you wanted them back so whatever".
>>
>>53778734
>I'm not exactly dying to to play against the kind of person who would bring an anime waifu playmat to play with strangers.

How about we just permaban you, that would solve the problem perfectly.
>>
>>53766169
If there's one thing I see a lot of in Geek Culture spheres it's waifus yet, despite all the female characters, MTG is lacking in waifu fags. You might be on to something.
>>
>>53779415
>manage their powerlevel

"Managing your powerlevel" is just a code word for insecurity and self-loathing.
>>
>>53790132

Draft is balanced when the average lifespan of any given creature is one turn.
>>
>>53771015
>Four bucks a pack isn't too bad.

It is when you count the number of packs you'd actually need to buy to explore the game - or even just Modern or Standard fully.
>>
>>53764564
Now you're putting words in my mouth
>>
>>53767451

You can't be the main character if you didn't even exist until over halfway through the story.
>>
File: 1460863237399.jpg (290KB, 800x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1460863237399.jpg
290KB, 800x1111px
>>53791374
There are waifu fags but few and little. The problem is that Wizards comes down hard on porn and sexy fan art. And that was before they went full SJW's. Also I say there are few waifu level girls, Thaila, Teysa, Anifneza, Avacyn and Elish Norn are the best non walker waifus in lore and popularity. Sadly a lot of players don't even know about the older waifu's like Hana and Akroma.
>>
Imagine if they treated core sets like the way they advertise them - if they stuffed them full of cards that are currently worth hundreds of dollars at all rarities so that new players really COULD just jump in and play with the big boys.

Instead the product, along with battle decks and pretty much all the other precons are a trick that we've somehow all agreed to perpetrate on new players, akin to some sort of bizarre and cruel hazing ritual. We all know it's not worth it, WOTC knows it's not worth it, everybody knows but the newbies and there's zero outcry at all. Imagine, so many people's first impression of the playing the game for themselves for the first time is learning "wow I just got gypped hard and nobody told me"
>>
I really missed core sets so thats probably the best for me.
>>
>>53794508
I agree, and it's a shame because all it takes is a slight change for them not to be such a kick in the dick. All the decks need is a little more cohesion or maybe had a rare that's not a 50 cent rare. Honesty I felt the event decks were a lot better. I got the Boros event deck which while having only one copy of most cards gave me a decent starting standard deck that actually got me really heavy into modern. Hell the modern event deck was really fucking good and held great value for a long time.
>>
>>53791724
Not him, but sure you can. A protagonist just moves the story along (pro) and the antogonist gets in their way (ante).

If a new Magic set comes out tomorrow featuring the adventures of Anon the Planeswalker, and the sets began following him, then he would be the new protagonist of Magic despite appearing overnight.
>>
>>53795009
You're right. Even if you don't take it to my extremes of "print every chase rare ever again" and just throw in some not complete shit cards with cohesion it would be a better buy.
>>
>>53771315
>I've had two boxes of Conspiracy 2 and 1 box of Conspiracy 1 for like a year now.

That's sad mate
>>
>>53794508
>if they stuffed them full of cards that are currently worth hundreds of dollars at all rarities so that new players really COULD just jump in
If they did, retailers would just horde the boxes and watch as the prices skyrocket. New players would never get their hands on them.
>>
>>53795585
People and "collectors" should just stop being greedy and start actually enjoying the game
>>
>>53795585
Doesn't wotc specifically make sure that their sellers don't pull this shit?

Even if they didn't, if they were to follow through with my wishes the print run would be so massive it wouldn't matter either way. All it would mean is that the set sells spectacularly and that's incentive for them to do it again.
>>
>>53777053
>Look at this entire last decade. Authors, TV producers,filmmakers, video game devs and board game companies have ALL had this issue. History will look at this as the era in which social issues and identity politics were fought through lore changes and retcons to established narratives and settings.

I certainly hope so. The sooner the better. It feels like we will never get out of this mess.
>>
>>53763966

Inside kangz is WE !
>>
>>53777053
I get were you are coming from and I agree I rather not see loli playmats as well. But these are SJW's we are talking about these people don't stop till they have it fully their way and even then it will never be perfect. All I am asking for is a balance. For every Samut give me a hero of bladehold. Nice 50/50.
>>
>>53775856
The one with pink hair is a guy transitioning, right? Thats my take away from what I have seen on the proffessors videos and in pictures.
>>
>>53795625
>Doesn't wotc specifically make sure that their sellers don't pull this shit?
WotC tries, but it's about as futile as sitting on the shore and demand that the tide not come.
>>
>>53765606
Holy fuck I've been out of the hobby for a few years (since rav) and just getting back into it, when did all this shit start?
>>
>>53795763
Around original Innistrad.
>>
>>53795783
I guess there were less scantily clad women, but fuck I didn't think it would get this bad.

I'll just have to mix in older cards with less SJW friendly art
>>
File: JM_2.jpg (218KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
JM_2.jpg
218KB, 600x438px
>>53795842
No, it started at the time thanks to pic related.
>>
>>53795900
I feel raped looking at this, please remove it before I get the mods to take care of it.
>>
File: 7au564f5at_en.jpg (52KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
7au564f5at_en.jpg
52KB, 265x370px
>>53795975
Well, the original complaint was more reasonable than what people here like to pretend. He essentially said that every card has the potential to be among the first fifteen that a new players sees, and if that art is one of the first a new female player sees then that's a really bad first impression.

Of course, he also ignored that the flavour text on the card itself clarified what was going on in the art and it's a truly insignificant minority of people who will ever see the art on its own.
>>
>>53796060
Not acceptable, enjoy your ban shitlord :)
>>
>>53796060
- it's still a retarded argument
- it's especially retarded since the argument denigrates women -- because according to it they are incapable of parsing the art as just another fantasy art that it is and are liable to get triggered instead.

WOTC is just another company made of USA libshit faggots. They will continue this spiral of virtue signal racing until they will hit the money barrier.
>>
>>53796135
>incapable of parsing the art as just another fantasy art
That's not at all what was said in the original article, even if that is seemingly how WotC has interpreted the situation. If you read it you'll see that he specifically says that this card made him personally uncomfortable because it gets so close to depicting actual abuse rather than just fantasy violence.
>>
>>53775920

>BRRRRRRRPTTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>53796186
>he specifically says that this card made him personally uncomfortable
So? Are we just going off of cards making people "personally uncomfortable"? About a third of adult humans are ophidiophobic (fear of snakes) -- including me. A constrictor makes me uncomfortable, should wizards never print any snakes?

The argument against Triumph of Ferocity was bullshit. You can go over it with a fine comb and find nothing but SJW muh feelings yapping and holier-than-thou virtue signaling.
>>
File: vitalizingcascade.jpg (25KB, 234x320px) Image search: [Google]
vitalizingcascade.jpg
25KB, 234x320px
>>53796060

> Peeping Tom/Rape Culture

Once you actually listen to your professors, you see it Really Is Everywhere.
>>
File: bloodytears.jpg (583KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bloodytears.jpg
583KB, 1024x768px
>>53796449
Isn't the entire point of some art to illicit an uncomfortable response? Seems like an argument FOR the art imo. Just look at this beauty.
>>
>>53796449
WotC has a stated goal to bring in new players -- especially female players -- into the game. They have a vested interest in not giving them bad first impressions by making them feel uncomfortable through imagery which could be construed as sexualized. Ophidophobes seem to play the game fine regardless.
>>
>>53796506
Why in the fuck must every goddamn industry and hobby go through this. What is it with boardrooms and focus testers and marketers and CEOs always chasing new, exotic demographics instead of pleasing the profitable ones they have. I don't even hate women, I fucking love them and have personally enjoyed many great games and hobbies with them but there's no reason throw out everything just to try to get a few more of them casually interested at the cost of pissing off enfranchised fans. Women, on average, don't give a shit about fantasy card games. That's just a fact. It's not because of any insidious reason, it just is. And that's perfectly okay.
>>
File: 228.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
228.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>53796570

I know, that's why I won't buy into new shit. Only but new artifacts, all others are old...like Ice Age, Mirage, Fallen Empires. I play NES, fuck the rest. My $2500 master race PC can play BF, what else? Poisoned BS. Won't do it, haven't for several years.

It sucks, watching what you love be corrupted by people that don't even appreciate it and when it's broken for good, throw it away to move on to another creation.

It didn't used to be like this, what we are seeing is rare, fall of Rome rare. Our burden.

;_;
>>
>>53796570
>always chasing new, exotic demographics
Because it's good business to do so.
>>
>>53796717
Says marketing """experts"""
The people who are really only experts in watering down and erasing the attributes that initially attracted fans in the first place.
>>
>>53796743
Says capitalism.
>>
>>53796754
Then explain their declining sales, unhappy consumers, and backpedalling faster than a kid's first ride on a mountain bike.
>>
>>53796768
Because of terrible developmental decision the past few years which have had a detrimental impact on the playability of Standard. It's a completely separate issue.
>>
File: merseinec.jpg (38KB, 234x320px) Image search: [Google]
merseinec.jpg
38KB, 234x320px
>>53796754

Movies, video games, MTG and comics, all down...because they are pushing agendas, not making the products people came to love. That's why this is new, in all other times they would test and adjust instead of diving head first.

> a la modern art
>>
>>53764381
Sure thing buddy, just that "genderqueer" planeswalker.
>>
>>53798026
Ashiok isn't genderqueer. His gender is unknown.
>>
>>53762149
Todays announcements

ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan
Duel Deck Merfolk v Goblins
From the vault: Transform

April 28 2018, return to Dominaria
25 anniversary masters set
Un-stable
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.