[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar amry list

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 99120210022_LothernSkycutter01.jpg (35KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120210022_LothernSkycutter01.jpg
35KB, 600x620px
Allegiance: Order
High Warden (220)
- General
- Trait: Reckless
- Artefact: Relic Blade
Skywarden (160)
- Swifthawk Pennant
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
Archmage (120)
10 x Shadow Warriors (200)
5 x Reavers (160)
20 x Spireguard (240)
10 x Swordmasters (200)
3 x Chariots (240)
3 x Skycutters (360)
- Lothern Sea Bows
Guardians of the Dawnspire (40)

Total: 1940/2000

Should I just forget about the last 60 points and play at 2000?
>>
>>53761646
oh and any recommendations on how to improve would be nice as well.
>>
>>53761646
start over from scratch

take the following

high elf dragon lord
dark elf dragon lord
Alarielle the radiant
loremaster
handmaiden of everqueen
1 unit sisters of avelorn
2-3 units of darkshards for battleline
1 unit sisters of the thorn
1 unit sisters of slaughter

or

drop the sisters of slaughter and sisters of the thorn and add a frost heart phoenix with anointed to give your army more of a chance to win.

the list you made is bad and will lose all the time to everything, no offense.
>>
>>53761754
What makes it bad?
>>
>>53761997
high warden hits like a girl and cant take a punch. I could see him being 175 points but at 220 he is not pulling his weight

sky warden has the same problem, no durability and not enough punch to put a dent in anything

archmage is one of the worst wizards in the game. The 6+ ward bubble just isn't going to make enough of a difference to matter and to make it worse he costs 120 when he really should be no more than 80

as for the rest its all fragile and none of it hits hard enough to get any work done. Sure its "fast" but that's not going to stop you getting wrecked by anything that you end up fighting. Also your shooting is not potent enough to be more than annoying and it isn't going to be making a meaningful difference in your games. Also point for point spireguard are one of the worst elf battleline options that exists. Darkshards on the other hand with their double shots and rerolls of 1s and 2s for saves in combat are your best choice.

spire of dawn is junk. Very cool aesthetic but everything is overpriced for points and nothing can hit hard and nothing can take a punch.
>>
>>53762367
What about the swordmasters? I know in WHFB they were a good flanking unit
>>
File: malekith-horz.jpg (120KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
malekith-horz.jpg
120KB, 900x506px
>>53765554
>What about the swordmasters?
in a word, underwhelming.
for the same points you can get a unit of Executioners that do 2 mortal wounds on each to hit roll of 6+ with the same 2 attacks, 3+, 3+, same save. Or for the same points Phoenix Guard who get a ward save of 4+ on top of the same 4+ armor and 2 3+ 3+ attacks. There are just way better options out there than Swordmasters.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-executioners-en.pdf
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-phoenix-guard-en.pdf
>>
>>53765694
That's too bad like i had said running 2 15 man squads for flank charges used to be boss
>>
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for it but what are the rules changes for Skirmish. Some of the local players seemed interested in it despite being total warmahorde grogs and concidering the fact that i have skaven and lizards that haven't seen the light of day in a few years i figured this is as good as any reason to dust them off
>>
>>53766656
you should go here
>>53724831
>>
>>53766679
Thanks
>>
>>53765694
Being fair, the Swordmasters get a re-roll to hit and re-rolling their saves against shooting over the executioners' mortal wounds, and a point of rend and that same re-roll to hit over the phoenix guard. I'd call them the middle ground of the three; not as offensive as the executioners, not as defensive as the phoenix guard, but able to adapt to when you need each rather well.
>>
File: 52dd756788cceae3e041c9e744ca47bd.jpg (190KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
52dd756788cceae3e041c9e744ca47bd.jpg
190KB, 1280x1024px
>>53766717
>re-roll to hit
re-roll 1s to hit, not a strait re-roll all fails. makes a big difference.

>re-rolling their saves against shooting
sure, but that's hardly anything to write home about.

overall they are middling and fail to do anything well and so end up being underwhelming. I could see them being "fair" against large units of low armor enemies with some non-rend shooting but that's pretty niche.

I think they should be 170 points for 10, maybe 180 at most. They are after all just 1 wound infantry with an unimpressive save, modest damage potential, and no shooting.
>>
>>53761646

Freaking hell that model looks retarded..

Is AOS really becoming this derpy?

>skywarden
>swifthawk
>Phoenix
>skycutters

This is getting to space wolf levels
>>
>>53767825
I am like 99.9% sure that was a model that came out during 8th.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.