[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jojo's Bizarre Role Play Adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (33KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 300x168px
>classes based on the stand a user has
>hamon based attacks/techniques
>several different BBEG types to chose from (enemy stand user, pillar men, vampires)
>a whole host of different locals to have the setting in

Could a JoJo RPG work?
Is there one already and I'm just talking like a retard?
>>
>>53759598
>classes
>not an extremely flexible point-buy like Wild Talents/ORE
>not simply having premades to represent characters from the show as well as example PCs

I also wonder about having some kind of 'wits' mechanic that works sort of like edge and lets players retroactively make some ridiculous preparations or convenient circumstances like filling their outfits with magazines, breathing bubbles of air from under a lake, hiding behind mirrors, using a car winch to avoid falling to their deaths, or wearing hamon-conducting garments. Allowing people to use that pool to cancel out their opponents uses of it could help recreate some of the weirder scenes, like the one with joeseph joestar pickpocketing grenades onto that vampire. Obviously players and GMs will have to come up with decent explanations for each use, preferably ones that the characters speak aloud in-game. Maybe you'd get bonus wits points if you set up such a preparation in advance (instead of spending points to pull it out of your ass at the last second) and it actually ends up working as expected.
>>
>>53759598
>classes
oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>53759957
Try Wushu Open.
>>
File: outofcontextjojo.png (153KB, 451x724px) Image search: [Google]
outofcontextjojo.png
153KB, 451x724px
It would be almost impossible to have hard rules to represent stand combat, it would have to be extremely rp heavy instead. The whole point of Jojo fighting is outsmarting the other person, rather than winning in a straight up fight.
>>
>>53760456
FATE actually does this pretty well, with its aspect stacking you can pull off the Jojo style "Just as planned!" stuff.
>>
>>53759598
I made one once, worked pretty well. Characters were built with ranks from E-A+ in six stats (power, speed, durability, learning, precision, and skills/hamon/blood depending on if the character was a stand/hamon user/vampire), and stand users had to build themselves and their stand from the same pool of points.
Learning was basically used for everything outside of combat, and characters could also use it in fights to retroactively activate plans.
It was a lot of fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 797x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 797x639px
>>53759598
As someone who ran a year-long campaign and is currently in another jojo campaign right now, yes.
We initially started with the d100 system that used to get posted in super stand Sunday threads. We decided it was shit and made a bunch of changes to it. We later decided THAT was shit and since we had such a huge list of changes, decided to scrap it and start from scratch.
Our new system is currently usable and works quite well, but there are still a few details that need refining. We do eventually plan on releasing it to /tg/ once it's done.
I think the most interesting thing we came up with is how we handled the learning/development stat, as it has a tangible effect on combat.

Is there any interest in hearing about this system?
>>
>>53762648
>necromancing a jojofag thread

Go back to /pol/, you cancer spam.
>>
File: image.png (90KB, 300x469px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90KB, 300x469px
>>53762664
>>
>>53762775
Kek
>>
>>53759598
There's at least 10 JJBA fangames and several more that are hacks of existing systems. I know there's a Fate, ORE and PbtA version. Go look up Super Stand Saturday on the archives, it should have links for all of them.
>>
>>53759598
>BBEG
>jojo

Two shit tastes that taste shit together.
>>
>>53759598
>Classes
You are already starting it wrong. At most have a few basic archetypes for the different roles a Standcan serve in a party to make it easier to build a balanced group. Something like

>Punchghost
Stands with high Power, Speed and Durability, but short range, meant for melee combat (Star Platinum, Silver Chariot, Crazy Diamond)
>Shootghost
Stands with less Power and Durability, but with abilities that allow them to attack at range (Magician's Red, Hierophant Green, Echoes Act 2, Tusk)
>Medic
Stands with abilities that allow them to heal others (Crazy Diamond, Gold Experience, Foo Fighters, Cream Starter)
>Scout
Stands that have weaker combat capabilities, but have large manifestation ranges (Aerosmith)
>Information Gatherer
Stands with abilities less suited for combat, but can obtain information instead (Hermit Purple, Heaven's Door, Moody Blues)
>Support/Other
Stands with abilities that can't be categorized as easily (The Fool, Harvest, Burning Down the House)

Possibly include specific info for Swarm stands, Wearable stands and Stands bound to objects or vehicles
>>
>>53759598
While on the topic, I remember a screencap floating around of some anon having built King Crimson in Mutants and Masterminds. Does anyone have it?
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>53766617
Bumping for interest
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.