[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deathwatch 8e Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: DW.jpg (83KB, 1024x610px) Image search: [Google]
DW.jpg
83KB, 1024x610px
Why's everyone sleeping on the coolest power armor faction? What can we expect to come out of the Deathwatch for 8e?
>>
Probably because they were super shitty in 7E and are still kinda shitty in 8E. You're still an elite army that has neither the firepower nor the durability to warrant such high points costs and small army size.

>What can we expect to come out of the Deathwatch for 8e?

Literally solo'd by new OP shit like Solitaires.
>>
>>53759328
But anon, they can finally have bolt pistols, and they cost less base now, being 19 ppm rather than 22, which gets you bolter+boltpistol both of which still have special issue ammunition. Blackstars, one of the better units in the army list, have about maintained points cost while also having better utility as a guntoting evasive transport.

On an unrelated note. I'm very curious as to how to kit up a killteam for certain roles, considering how many options you have for creating kill teams.
>>
>>53759373

The problem isn't the base PPM, it's the cost after wargear, and the whole point of DW is to take that sweet, sweet wargear.
>>
>>53759328
>Literally solo'd by new OP shit like Solitaires.
The new Deathwatch Terminators beg to differ.
>>
>>53759298
Good question. Love me some Deathwatch, but worried that with hordes of cheap spam shaping up to be the 8th ed meta, Deathwatch wont have any way of dealing with that.
>>
>>53759298
They're more expensive space marines, special ammo is nice, but they got screwed in general.

>No jump pack librarians
Gee, thanks G Dubs
>>
File: 40 keks.jpg (106KB, 640x545px) Image search: [Google]
40 keks.jpg
106KB, 640x545px
>>53759405
>mfw my DW killteam costs more than Draigowing
>>
So I bought a fairly large DW force back in 7th and never built them. My intention was to run them solo, or allied with my Blades of the Emperor (another high-cost army).

How feasible is solo DW in 8th? I have so much to build yet idk if I should sell it off. I have the the Overkill box, 4 KT sprues, a vanguard vets box, a dread, a bikes box, termies, 2 rhinos/razorbacks, and a land raider that can be built several ways.

Is it worth painting all that black?
>>
Hopefully they take a note from rolling Scions back into the Guard and make them an imperial agents thing you ally out. Making DW a stand alone army was a retarded idea in fluff and tabletop; followed by poor execution.
>>
>>53759298
>Why's everyone sleeping on
are you a nigger?
>>
>>53761643
You can ally them with any imperium unit on the same force org chart.

They're not meant to be a standalone army, but they make great allies for an Inquisition list.
>>
>>53761587
nobody knows at this point and don't believe anybody telling you otherwise. however some skepticism towards its ability to deal with horde armies seems justified. come back in 6 months and then the meta will have sorted out.

however, you may start painting termies right away because terminators are pretty good.
>>
>>53763086
Thanks for the advice anon
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.