[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this probably gets asked a lot, but what systems would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
I know this probably gets asked a lot, but what systems would be great for a Persona-esque game? Local mysteries suddenly being interdimensional/wacky psychological conspiracies and the only ones who can stop it is goofy teenagers and their personas is my jam. Mutants & Masterminds? Of Dreams and Magic?

It doesn't have to be EXACTLY like it (I don't expect any game to actually have social links as a tabletop), but something close enough in spirit would be pretty rad.

Haru is worst girl
>>
>>53753890
You want MaOCT. The ORE general seems to be dead today. Got archived few posts in. They have WIP pdf conversion, but the system can be used for Persona out of the box.

>>53730295
>>
>>53753890
I would suggest taking a look at either Night Wizard or Kamigakari.
>>
>>53753976
Hey, I'm the guy working on the mod along with some other regulars from /ore/. Hopefully we'll have a new thread up tomorrow but if not I'll be able to post about the plans for this project if this thread is around in the morning.
>>
>>53753890
Seconding >>53753976 and using ORE. Mage the Awakening works as a second option if you focus on the Astral Realms. Has that Persona quality of balancing your normie life with your supernatural one, and most Mage campaigns jump the shark near the end just like Persona does. There;s also a M:tAw option that lets you manifest your inner demons / virtues to fight for you.
>>
>>53753890
>I know this probably gets asked a lot
At least one new thread every day.

>>53755402
>Night Wizard
Why? Kamigakari I can sort of understand, even though its premise doesn't fit in any way, but Night Wizard is just plain terrible.
>>
>>53753890
>spoiler
5 star fuckin post, nigga
>>
>>53753890
I was writing a catch all SMT system that would have supported playing different spinoffs with different classes being different types of summoners (comps, demifiends, tubes, persona, just being a straight up fucking demon yourself) but my computer stalled out and i havent looked to see what data I still have saved in the cloud.
>>
>>53760142
That sounds like a horrible idea.
>>
>>53753890
ORE is pretty good. Shame Persona has shit gameplay or I would try to find something that reflects it well.
>>
>>53760197
Thankfully the gameplay of the MaOCT mod is based 90% around MaOCT itself, with a few bits of Persona thrown in in modified form.
>>
>>53761825
>>53761825
>>53761825
Actual /ore/ thread and Persona homebrew discussion
>>
If you wanted to do mainline SMT you could probably do something with Shadowrun.
>>
>>53753890
> what systems would be great for a Persona-esque game
The Devil Survivor system? You don't even really need to modify it, just replace the 100s with 20s (increments of 1% with 5%) and you're golden.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.