[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 40

File: Needmorecutemtgpics.jpg (170KB, 1000x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Needmorecutemtgpics.jpg
170KB, 1000x1102px
>playing
>hating
>brewing
>Metagame thoughts
>thoughts on the recent tournaments

Decklists:
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
>http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

Primers:
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Weekly Modern Metagame:
Use the other resources since mainphase has removed their tier list for no reason.
>>
>>53753261
>chandra tapping to the left
dumb cunt
>>
Playing loam pox/nonblue control. It is pretty well positioned but loses to eldrazi without ensnaring bridge.

Not hating anyone, just tuning the deck to adjust to the meta.

Smallpox and life from the loam are so underrated.
>>
>>53753375
She's a rebel yo.
>>
>playing
swapping between burn, living end, dredge
>hating
stubborn denial.dek
>brewing
??? kek
>Metagame thoughts
overrated as fuck
>thoughts on the recent tournaments
:^)
>>
>>53753386
do you have a specific list? I've been looking at a couple w/b pox control lists and they seem underwhelming compared to eldrazi tron
>>
File: sfm.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sfm.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
It's my time to shine this Tuesday.
Hope you got your copies ready
>>
>street wraith ban
>pestermite ban
>twin unban
What happens to modern?
>>
>ban nothing
>unban everything
modern is now fixed
>>
>>53754129
>blazing innfect
oh hell fucking no
>>
>>53754209
I think you should be more worried about clampfinity, clampelves, and delver (ft. Young Peezy and his bling ass clamp)
>>
>>53754209
>blazing infect
>not cruise delver with MM and pezzy + clamp
Play some NBL senpai
>>
>>53754242
vs clamp you can atleast bring hate.

Blazing Infect is basicaly
>do you have double 1 mana removal or removal+counter spell?
>if not mull your hand else die t2
>>
>>53754323
Then why does infect always get pooped on by the aforementioned decks at NBL events?

The last NBL event I went to I played junk midrange with stoneforge to tutor skullclamp/jitte and lingering souls to abuse the clamp. My vigorous discard and removal just crawled up infect's asshole and set up a camp site and beat them down
>>
I like the newest snapcaster mage art the most. What are the chances it'll be the most affordable, relative to the others, in maybe two years time?
>>
File: Image (34).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (34).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>playing
Mono red burn
>hating
My job
>brewing
R/G Ponza
>meta
Locally im pretty happy. We have hatebears, eldrazi tron, Jund, Abzan, Deaths shadow, U/W control, And one guy who plays a homebrew hes been tuning for 15 years that is actually decent.
>>
File: Image (35).jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (35).jpg
26KB, 223x310px
Thoughts on my decklist?

https://deckstats.net/decks/58005/736368-r-g-ponza/en
>>
>>53754370
Because Blazing Infect is not just normal Infect.
>>
>>53753778
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shock-pox/

This list is 95% accurate to what I am playing. It holds its own against just about every popular deck. You are correct about eldrazi tron, it's a tough matchup for loam pox. But you can land ensnaring bridge and you pretty much win then. I play buried ruin in the board when I need more bridges or engineered explosives.
>>
>>53754242
>Young Peezy
Kenneth, when did you start browsing these threads?
>>
>>53754796
I hate Ponza with a fucking passion, but I like the list.

>>53753261
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/one-mans-ornithopter/

This is a budget list I put together for a friend, which is why doesn't have tarns and shit, I want some thoughts on it. Maybe suggest some improvements?
>>
been trying out ensnaring bridge in burn sb, seems to be my favorite tech in the deck rn
>>
LEAKED BANLIST FROM INSIDERS

BANNED

Vizier of Remedies
Street Wraith

UNBANNED

Stoneforge mystic
>>
>>53755228
sauce?

It seems believable desu
>>
>>53754111

Why pestermite? Is it so there are more cute sideboard plans against twin exarch like soul warden or something?
>>
>>53755228

Tryin to nip living end in the bud? Guess I agree that modern is more fun when you don't have too many matchups like that that revolve around rest in peace
>>
>>53755228

I'm not really a fan of Stoneforge batterskull, idk if it's broken, but it's really boring and unflavorful. She's supposed to tutor swords and armor and stuff, not horrifying Phyrexian monsters
>>
>>53755356
street wraith is one of the key cards in the death shadow decks. it fills the grave for delve and loses you life to pump ds
>>
>>53755143
Why do you hate ponza?
>>
>>53755966
Having my lands destroyed is unfun to me, but that's just a gripe.
>>
>>53755331
As a way to ensure twin doesn't become too dominant.
>>
>>53755356
There aren't really that many cards you can ban from death shadow without killing at least one archetype.
>>
If your deck was a song, what would it be?

>>53755228
>preemptive bannings
I wonder if the DCI would be crazy enough to do that.
>>
>>53756604
>If your deck was a song, what would it be?
Reckoner Skred

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc8SAa-5XCE
>>
>>53755228
Dont believe that. Theyd have to ban batterskull as well
>>
>>53755228
I would not mind seeing Vizier leave the format. I don't think it's particularly busted but man is it boring.
>>
>>53756690
theres enough artifact hate for bs, and with white underpowered right now I think it'll be good for the format (push up those junk / wu control lists)
>>
>>53756089
I don't think Stubborn Denial is broken, but I do think it's pushing it.
>>
>>53755228
God would this make me happy to see sfm come off, but damn is this not real
>>
File: Fatal+Push+%5BAER%5D.jpg (29KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Fatal+Push+%5BAER%5D.jpg
29KB, 223x311px
>>53753261
I have 4 of these now, which deck should I build?
>>
>>53756942
Mono Blue control and throw your FP's in the garbage, clearly
>>
>>53756942
I'll give you a blue eyes white dragon for them
>>
>>53756942
Abzan Cats
>>
> How long have you played modern?

> What decks have you played?

> What was/is your favorite deck?

> What do you wish was good?
>>
>>53757056
>> How long have you played modern?
As long as it has been around.

>> What decks have you played?
Junk and Jund, Turns, Goryeoshoal, Delver, Affinity, Dredge, both pre and post ban.

>> What was/is your favorite deck?
Junk, easily, almost always been, I love the deck.

>> What do you wish was good?
Shops, I wish there was a shops archetype that was good.
>>
>>53756942
mono black rats
>>
>>53756942
Faeries
>>
>>53756604
Sun and Moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC7_qPCflnY (against creature decks)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIw-2rjoLnY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvPjJdqbSc8 (Nahiri ultimate)

Esper Mill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hL6fkJ1_k

Esper Spirits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpc1M-Hm3Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLUj-TLBYm4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4joMcCc1jno

>>53757056
>I've watched since 2015, and played since the end of 2016 after I stopped being stingy.

>Above plus Ad Nauseam, Bant Spirits, and Merfolk.

>I like Bant Spirits more, but went Esper because I'm too much of a snowflake to play the netdecker's (better) version.

>I wish Mill didn't suck as hard, but I also don't want it to be too good. I also want to create a Fevered Vision/Ebony Owl deck with Kefnet, and maybe Tutelage because muh mill, but it seems too weak.
>>
Has anyone had experience with Cloudstone Leap Elf decks?
I have a shell of one but I'm not sure if it's worth investing in it more.
>>
>>53757056
>How long have you played modern
Started playing modern in 2014

>decks have you played
I play Lantern, Burn and Bant decks (spirits, Knightfall etc) but I've played just about everything due to xmage.

>favorite deck
Lantern with Knightfall coming in at a close second.

>what do you wish was good
Tezzerator would be dank if it got a little more of a power boost.
>>
>Playing
G/W Tron, Revolt Zoo
>Hating
The KCI combo players at my lgs who try to go off and act like they have you dead when their math is beyond bullshit (they just hope you don't pay attentio)
>Brewing
U/W control want opinions on how /tg views this deck right now
>>
>>53757193
Lantern makes me sick
>>
File: IMG_3034.jpg (40KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3034.jpg
40KB, 223x310px
>>53757198
Man whats the point of playing solitaire if you just add mana

It's like adding a Jack to a pile and pretending everything's okay... truly bad form. (undo button is okay in casualmode though)

He probably runs a dirty netdeck list that some pro ran using slightly suboptimal cards, too.

2OF RETRIEVER BROS WW@
>>
>>53757213
Babbies who can't handle Lantern make me sick
>>
>>53757393
I don't mind it especially since I'm you worst match up :)
>>
>>53757198
Here is the U/W control list: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-06-17-bQQ-uw-control/
Would love feedback
>>
>>53753375
You tap to the right?
I use my right hand to tap, and generally turn the card left. Is that uncommon?
>>
>>53757522
Do tell.
>>
>>53754504
Quite high. Older variants of cards are typically more expensive just by nature of age, however the new art /was/ in a limited print run set.
>>
>>53757056
It is almost three years now
Ad Nauseam, Affinity, Merfolk, Grixis Delver, Dredge, Revolt Zoo, Grixis Shadow
Decks that I played: Delver and Shadow
Decks that I wanted to build but fortunatetly didn't: Amulet Titan and Twin.
Grixis control being a very control and not a greenless BGx.
Also Twin.
>>
>>53757056
since DRS was banned
The Ajani side of the Ajani vs Nicol Bolas Duel Deck (funny enough I went 2-1 beating Tron, UWR control, but losing to Infect)
Pre-cruise delver
Splinter Twin
Grixis Twin
G/w 8 thalias zoo
Hatebears
Grixis Death's Shadow
Mono-blue Tempo
Mono-blue control
Jetski Ascendency Combo
b/r Goblin
Bant Knightfall
4 color company
Mono-black Rats
B/w Rat combo
Mono-black devotion after rotation
Mono-black rats or Mono-blue tempo
Mono-blue tempo, the git probe ban made Thing in the Ice unplayable ruining the deck.
>>
>>53757689
It's called tron
>>
>>53757961
No it's actually called burn tronbabby.
>>
>>53757991
Though Tron is a substantially harder match up for you than most other decks in the format. Don't get all high and mighty
>>
>>53757056
>How long have you played modern?
Started during 2012 when everything was dirt cheap then stopped in 2014 and sold most of my collection. Getting back into it again but shit is expensive af

>What decks have you played?
UR Ascension Storm, Splinter Twin, UWR Control, RG Aggro, Jund, and now I'm making Dredge.

>What was/is your favorite deck?
Splinter Twin

>What do you wish was good?
Aetherworks Marvel
>>
>play the deck that you know the best

what is it /tg/?
>>
Affinity player here. How do I play against stony silence? I usually board out some number of platings and overseers because they become pretty much useless if it hits the board. I always board in etched champions because they will be online in despite of stony silence but I dont know whether I should try to keep them from playing it with things like spell pierce and thoughtseize or if I should play wear and tear to destroy it after it hits the board.
>>
>>53758889
All of those are valid answers, and I like to use Masters if I can as well. If I had to choose between Wear and Tear, Thoughtseize, and Spell Pierce I'd go with Thoughtseize followed by Wear and Tear. Two Thoughtseizes in the side, and one to two Wear and Tears sounds good to me.
>>
>>53758889
You take your easy win game one and fold to it post board like you're decks supposed to
>>
>>53758889
As a general rule I prefer to never answer their hate with answers for their hate. I feel like you're doing the right thing by just bypassing their hate using Masters of Etherium or Etched Champions.

They're the ones playing a dead card, answer it by being proactive not by playing dead cards of your own. To that end, Ghirapur Æther Grid is my favorite "answer" to Stony Silence.

I'll second this post, this is a good answer even though it's not to my personal preferences.
>>53758980
>>
>>53758889
NEVER board out payoffs, the odds of your opponent having Stony in time (with other relevant action so they don't die to manland/skirge/pest beats) are severely lower than not. Your best bet is a playset of Etched Champion and Blasts for reach, Thoughtseize and Spell Pierce are also fine (shave a Memnite and a land on the draw/a drum on the play) but not 100% reliable for obvious reasons.
Grid is also an option, even though the card is worse nowadays unless you play the mirror a lot.
>>
>>53759029
Fuck off cunt
>>
>>53757056
Since the beginning.
Pod (Melira and Kiki), Twin, Delver, Affinity, D&T, Burn, Bant Midrange (Swords and Blouses), Bogles, URw Midrange, Esper Gifts, Knightfall, Domain Zoo, Troll Worship
Currently on Knightfall, because old-school Bant was my favorite.
Gifts_Piles.dec
>>
File: TONIGHT. YOU..png (520KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
TONIGHT. YOU..png
520KB, 480x680px
>>53756072
it would be deceiver exarch, not pestermite. exarch dodges bolt, which is a no-no.

splinter twin is never getting unbanned though, so rev up those stubborn denials and play the best deck so i can farm you with 'my creatures are also interactive spells'.dek
>>
>>53759053
What should I board out against a deck like abzan or jund? I usually board in 2 blood moons, 2 etched champions for either plus 2 thoughtseize against abzan
>>
>>53758742

Junk Nic Fit in legacy, DSJ and Abzan Junk in modern.
>>
>>53757056
~4 years
uwr geist midrange
uwr kiki
ur treasure cruise delver
grixis delver
ur/grixis twin
rw czech twin
rwb gobbogeddon
wr death & taxes
death & taxes
wb eldrazi taxes
uw death & taxes
wr death & taxes (again)

in that order

gobbogeddon, of course. curving out with that deck was retarded. t1 land, t2 flagstones, cast boom, t3 crucible, t4 wrath, t5 darkdwellers f/b bust
no preference
>>
I wish the Hatebear/ Death n Taxes archetypes was more playable. I love the flavor of the cards in those decks. If only vryn wingmare and thalia 2.0 were 2 drops instead of 3. I wish we also had another search hater at 2 mana.
>>
>>53759445
Isnt Eldrazi and Taxes really decent?
>>
>>53759445
plenty playable. harsh mentor and tunnel ignus are both two drops that hate on fetchlands, though mentor is a better maindeck piece and ignus would be something you bring into a valakut meta.
you can play these kinds of decks well with knowledge of the format. sometimes you play arbiter on two. sometimes you jam spirit first. sometimes you want to run out thalia into grixis mana to ensure a tapout on their turn 2 so you can sneak in a magus of the moon on turn 3. it's all subjective.
>>
>>53759534
Boros hatebears is a meme though
>>
>>53759364
Don't play more than 1 Moon and don't bring it in vs Jund, manland beats>not even necessarily shutting off colors. My sideboarding vs Jund was something like -2 Master +2 Champ -1 Basic -1 Memnite or Blast +2 answers to answers, depending on what was in the board for the week. Vs Abzan keep all 3drops and basic in and shave some Overseers and Memnites, something like +1 Grid +2 Champion +1-2 answer -1 or 2 Overseer -1 Memnite -1 and/or 2 Drum/Blast
>>
>>53757056
Since new zendikar

Burn, tooth and nail, mono green devotion, bant devotion, knightfall

Tooth and nail is the most fun, devotion a close second

Tooth and nail
>>
>>53757949
>The Ajani side of the Ajani vs Nicol Bolas Duel Deck (funny enough I went 2-1 beating Tron, UWR control, but losing to Infect)

Wanna know how I know you're lying?
>>
I see that unbanning Stoneforge is kinda safe now that we have Fatal push (it also kills the germ token) but a similar unban should left at least the other decks without changes.
I mean if you unban Stoneforge and ban Wraith then you have a huge shift in the meta again, and it is a no-sense. I would see her unbanning as a response to shake up the format.
But in the end, am I the only one who predicts a no-changes?
>>
>>53760151
no, I think no changes is the most likely outcome given that wotc typically uses GP results and the past modern GPs were much more diverse than the latest SCG result.

The Vizier combo though I think is 50/50 on banning, since it probably wasn't intended and relatively consistent
>>
>>53760151
Probably no changes. Some other people were talking about how Wizards probably moved the ban day to make way for all the new announcements.
>>
>>53760151
No. I think SFM would be totally safe, but I doubt there will be any changes.
>>
>>53753261
Why does Lili look so uncomfortable?
>>
>>53760261
Chandra's playing burn.
>>
>>53760261
Chandra isn't wearing pantsu
>>
>>53757056
Since 2011.

Ad Naus, Affinity, Amulet Bloom, Bant Spirits, Bogles, Breach Titan, Death's Shadow (Jund), Delver (w/Cruise), Dredge, Eldrazi (various), Elves, Infect, Instant Rean, Jund, Junk, Kiki-chord, Merfolk, Nahiri, Pod, RDW, Scapeshift, Skred, Storm, Swans, Tron, Twin, Zoo.

UWR Delver with Cruise, Affinity.

Belcher.
>>
>>53761306
>Belcher
i know that feel, How many lands are you running?
>>
>>53761331
I've never ran it since it's garbage.
>>
File: goblincharbelcher-575x280.jpg (38KB, 575x280px) Image search: [Google]
goblincharbelcher-575x280.jpg
38KB, 575x280px
>>53761390
say that to my face and not online, see what happens
>>
>>53761438
It's reality. Deal with it.
>>
File: 1469067741142.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1469067741142.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>>53761462
someone sounds salty. get belched out 'cause you didn't draw any discard jund baby?
>>
>>53761506
No, because I had FoW in hand and you'd have to be mentally retarded to play belcher in modern.
You're pretty retarded to play it in legacy too but eh
>>
>>53761506
I've never played against Belcher (in Modern). My meta is pretty scrubby, but not that scrubby.
>>
Newbie question: what is a delver deck and what is a dredge deck? (Google gives lots of deck builds but not a lot of explanations)
>>
>>53761570
google delver of secrets and dredge mechanic. that explains the whole deck concept
>>
>>53761570
Delver decks include Delver of Secrets as the main threat. To make Delver useful you need a large amount of instants and sorceries so delver decks typically have a lot of them. Since delver is so cheap (mana wise) usually delver decks will use their instants and sorceries messing with the opponent, killing their creatures, countering their spells, etc, while delver wins the game. There isn't really a set delver deck list in modern because it's not particularly competitive.
Dredge decks use the dredge mechanic to fill their graveyard with cards from their library, and their deck is filled with creatures that come back from the graveyard to the library. This is a pretty standard dredge modern list https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-dredge-26688#paper
>>
>>53761626
>won a GP last year
>not particularly competitive.
I get that it's not particularly competitive at the moment, but that sounds a little harsh.
>>
>>53761706
Modern doesn't have the tools that Legacy has to make sure that Delver flips on T2 and blue is just weaker in general.

I wouldn't say that Delver is bad, but there's a good reason why you don't see it in the top tiers.
>>
File: 107.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>53761570
Delver decks are like crappy ports of old legacy Canadian Threshold to a format where it isn't particularly strong (or rather it is but you need to play Death's Shadow and Gurmag Angler as threats instead). A lot of the supposed delver decks in modern are actually snapcaster mage burn decks.

Dredge decks (in modern) involve filling up the graveyard using looting and cards with the dredge keyword and then getting guys back from the graveyard for roughly free instead of actually playing cards the normal way.
>>
File: cantmakeupmind.gif (457KB, 700x195px) Image search: [Google]
cantmakeupmind.gif
457KB, 700x195px
I'll just leave this right here
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/metamorphosis-2-0-2017-06-12
>>
>>53758889
Is Kataki, War's Wage problematic, or is it just a mere annoyance? Is it ok if it's put in a Spirit deck sideboard instead of Stony?
>>
>>53761802
>Delver decks are like crappy ports of old legacy Canadian Threshold to a format where it isn't particularly strong (or rather it is but you need to play Death's Shadow and Gurmag Angler as threats instead)
came here to post this. Grixis Shadow plays out essentially the same as Grixis Delver from Legacy, albeit you don't get the feel-good happy time of Deathrite Shaman.
>mess with your hand
>play this dude
>counter your spell
>kill you
>>
>>53762903
Kataki is a serious problem, even more so than Stony in some board states. However, being a 1 toughness creature, we also have more ways of getting rid of it.
>>
File: primevaltitan_GP.jpg (100KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
primevaltitan_GP.jpg
100KB, 223x311px
me and my friends are starting to dip into modern and i wanted to make a titan shift deck. how does this look http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-06-17-titan-shift/
>>
>>53763116
Which is why I mentioned the Spirit tribal. All mainboard spirits have some sort of way to protect Kataki.
>>
File: 1465167422223.png (416KB, 623x527px) Image search: [Google]
1465167422223.png
416KB, 623x527px
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/669865#paper
>>
>>53756604
>What would your deck's song be?
Anything Christmas related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIFqnEoctI4

on a side note, what could I do to improve the deck while still somewhat retaining a budget?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-dizzle-smizzles-presents/
>>
>>53756604
>Death's Shadow Jund
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g

>Lantern Control
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckom3gf57Yw
>might be equally viable with 8rack

>WB Tokens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQkBeOisNM0

>Valakut Breach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9176Srb5Y
>Naya Burn or Zoo could also work
>>
>>53762433
I think this is actually good, drafting multiple sets at once was never that fun for me, and god damn we need core sets back
>>
>>53764282
>we need core sets back
Yep, gotta get another 50 Grizzly Bears for my Bear Force One Battle of Wits deck.
>>
>>53764437
I was more thinking that we needed cards like doom blade, duress, naturalize, and pithing needle in standard. But whatever floats your boat.
>>
File: 1494994400905.jpg (419KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494994400905.jpg
419KB, 1200x1200px
>>53756604
(Mono-white) Death & Taxes
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N4eAjepu4s

(Red-White) Moonman Taxes
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync

(Black-White) Eldrazi Taxes
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCZCxeZKgh8
>>
>>53764601
Thalia is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>53763153
If you like that style of deck check out Titan breach. It's one of my favorite decks to watch
>>
File: 1495093333862.jpg (207KB, 800x1149px) Image search: [Google]
1495093333862.jpg
207KB, 800x1149px
>>53764676
But not the cutest.
>>
>>53763153
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-06-17-titan-shift/

Looks okay, though I think 3 Prismatic Omen in the main is one too many (I get why it's there, but I usually just run one because I don't want to ever get stuck with two)... also, why 2 Sowing Salt in the side instead of 3 Crumble--you that worried about Surgical?

What's your meta like?

If you don't have much Abzan company, and you have a good bit of Tron/Bogles/Death's Shadow, consider trying Ancient Stirrings with a few Kozilek's Returns (in the main instead of 3 Anger) to go with some of your sideboard options.

If you don't have any control in your meta, Breach is pretty sweet.

If you have no clue about the meta, your build is probably fine.
>>
>>53763153
I forgot to mention... back when I did run Ancient Stirrings in my non-Breach build, a lot of my successes were on the back of running 1 Chalice in the main and another in the side.
>>
>>53760261
She needs to poo real bad
>>
>>53759880
Not him but a friend won a match 2-1 versus tron with BR standard vampires
>>
>"Collected"
>"Ok"
>"Magus of the Moon, big Thalia"
>starts to reach to tap, stops
I could see the salt crystals pushing straight through his pores.
>>
>It took wotc this long to realize having expeditions every set was a shit idea

What species of ape works at wotc?
>>
File: img11.jpg (40KB, 310x223px) Image search: [Google]
img11.jpg
40KB, 310x223px
>>53753958
>Twin is getting unbanned
FTFY, kouhai.
>>
>>53764601
Image translation?
>>
File: twin.jpg (14KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
twin.jpg
14KB, 215x300px
>>53767906
It's time, isn't it?
>>
>>53767862
Cant' really blame them, desu. Lots of the recent sets would have sold like shit without the silly lottery aspect tagged on.
>>
Just got back from my LGS's Modern Monday. Had 10 players, went 3-1 with Ponza and came 4th. Last game was the actual dream. On the play T1 Arbor Elves, T2 Utopia Sprawl into Chandra -3 your Heirarch, had another removal spell in hand, top decked an Inferno Titan shortly after. Opponent was on Counters Company so everything in his deck wilted to the Inferno Titan. Shit was cash. Wouldn't recommend the deck though.
>>
File: waifu'rakul.png (491KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
waifu'rakul.png
491KB, 1024x1280px
>>53764923
Step aside, best waifu coming through.
>>
>>53753958
>>53767906
>>53767976
>inb4 No changes

Keeping dreaming those dreams.
>>
File: Doubleface.jpg (115KB, 630x470px) Image search: [Google]
Doubleface.jpg
115KB, 630x470px
>>53753261
I'll ask here too.

What do YOU use to display double sided cards in your deck?

Do you take them out of the sleeves and flip them manually? (Even if double sleeved?)
Do you buy two and have one main deck, and one off to the side?
Do you actually use the double-card tokens and have the real card in a clear sleeve?
>>
>>53768486
>(Even if double sleeved?)
Double sleeved just makes it easier. Perfect fits are clear.
>>
>>53768486
i use the token
>>
>>53768854
What do you stick the actual card in then?
>>
>>53768867
they're sleeved in clear perfect sleeves and i leave them in the deckbox

when i play the token card I just grab out the Delver from my deckbox and put it over it
>>
>>53753261
Is there anything i should know about affinity before i start to assemble the deck?
>>
I Wanna brew a deck with a war machine and weapons theme. Artifact creatures like walking ballista and cards with lots of /k/ flavor.
Anyone got ideas or suggestions?
>>
>>53768990
How it works, what it's vulnerable to.
>>
>>53769011
equipment maybe? darksteel axes are cheap as hell these days
>>53769027
Its an aggro deck i have that down so far
>>
>>53769053
It's aggro-combo.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/tier-1-modern/219590-affinity
>>
>>53769011
>ideas or suggestions?
Post in an appropriate thread
>>
>>53767906
fix your picture
>>
File: 5423534265475647547345.png (28KB, 435x577px) Image search: [Google]
5423534265475647547345.png
28KB, 435x577px
Is this a terrible idea? Or is there some potential here?
>>
>>53753261
Which garruk is best for beefing up creatures? im trying to get a gift for a friend. i was thinking of getting either wildspeaker or primal hunter.
>>
>>53764927
thanks for the feedback.
i´m wondering what cards can be a good replacement for prismatic omen, i haven't played anything at my local LGS so i´m not sure about the meta but my friends say it's very diverse so there's that.
we also play alot of kitchen table modern and my friends play eldrazi tron, seismic swans, and burn.
>>
>>53768486
Through all of magic origins being in standard I used the marker cards and only bought two jayces even though I 'played' 4. Just have them sleeved separately and bring them out when you play the card.
>>
>>53770723
Immolating souleater for lulz
>>
>>53770723
Unlife seems clunky, and Pact might be better off as Stubborn Denial for when you do want to grind, but I think it has potential, if only for lulz.
>>
>>53771632
You also have to consider that game 2 this deck may become ad nauseam. Stubborn is really bad in ad nauseam.
>>
>>53770723
Woo tried something like this a while ago

https://www.channelfireball.com/articles/woo-brews-modern-negative-life-combo/
>>
>>53772928
Don't get why he would put the ad nauseam combo in there just to do something that is weaker than the normal ad nauseam deck.
>>
File: call the neighbors.jpg (56KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
call the neighbors.jpg
56KB, 500x376px
>>53767359
>>
>>53767359
Brutal as fuck, just rip the guy a new asshole why don't you.
How do you get away with running three colours in a moon deck though?
>>
>>53773676
mana dorks and basic lands
>>
>>53755143
So would anyone mind looking at this deck? Even if you tell me things I've already heard, some input would be great.
>>
>>53773963
you're essentially playing artifact reanimator, so i'd just drop every counterspell that isn't 'dispel' and start jamming springleaf drums and the full boat of ensoul artifact. no mana leaks, no serum visions. jam 4 shrapnel blast in addition to galvanic blast. i would suggest 4x simian spirit guides to power out a combo turn early, but you did say 'budget'.
>>
>>53773963
1) Make a sideboard. I would recommend Echoing Truth just in case they RIP, Cage, or Void you. Pia and Kiran Nalaar, and Maverick Thopterist could gum up the board and provide artifact support. Phyrexian Revoker shuts down planeswalkers. Metallic Rebuke and Stoic Rebuttal are artifact-relevant counterspells that you could consider swapping out or adding in. Lightning Bolt should probably be an auto-include just so you can back-up with more answers and burn. For shits n' giggles you could jam in a Barrage Tyrant to chuck your reanimated stuff at your opponent after they have attacked.

2) Even with answers to graveyard hate you still need a back-up plan against it. Ensoul Artifact might not be enough, but who knows. Pia and Kiran Nalaar, provide creatures to beatdown with. Maverick Thopterist might be a good, too.

3) Sharuum the Hegemon is also a good reanimator target, since it also brings another artifact back when it enters. Plus it isn't very pricey to buy, I think. Scuttling Doom Engine has some ouch, but I am not sure how good it is.

4) Shrapnel Blast might be useful as a situational burn spell, but Galvanic Blast is overall better, so if you include SB, don't take out any GBs. Just a thought, though.

5) You could switch to Mardu, Boros, Grixis, Jeskai, or Orzhov to get other reanimation spells such as Unburial Rites or Refurbish. Black gives you Inquisition, Duress, Grasp of Darkness, Languish, and Doom Blade; and White gets you Condemn, Disenchant, Fragmentize, and even Ethersworn Canonist. Grixis gets you Tezzeret's Touch for an extra Ensoul.
>>
>>53757688
I just mirror what the other guy is doing because i'm an autist.
>>
>>53756620
i misplayed my wreckoner so hard tonight but even i know that's just not true, it's this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rYYzKo6S9g
>>
>>53774499
I do this, too. Partly because it avoids confusion: I know what I'm doing because I'm not an idiot, he knows what im doing because he does it, too. And partly for the psychological aspect: if he can see familiar traits in me, my opponent will relax and start feeling comfortable. That, combined with conversation, can cause mistakes not immediately caught and give me the win.

Am I autistic for doing this? Probably. I think of it as employing the same tactics as pro poker players. Play the person, then the game.
>>
>>53774650
This is the sort of autism I still come to 4chan for. Godbless you anon, I wish the psychologist anon was here to diagnose you.
>>
>>53774499
All cards I play are played facing the opponent so they can read the card. It also helps remind me of summoning sickness.
>>
>>53774650
Then you face the guy who plays better while relaxed, and your autism-foo fails you.
>>
>>53759880
I removed the illegal cards and added a playset of bolts.
>>
>>53774692
He already did, quite a while ago. And i am on the spectrum. It's something I can deal with, though.

>>53774716
When I do meet those players, we have great games. We're both laughing, playing well, and have very close games. Three weeks ago, i played one of those guys and we went to share a drink after our games were over.
>>
>>53756604
My pet deck: American Air Force (Jeskai Flyers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
>>
File: IMG_3001.jpg (58KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3001.jpg
58KB, 265x370px
DAWN OF THE LAST DAY
??? HOURS REMAINING
SHADOW BAN WHEN
>>
>>53775481
Been testing this deck out: >>53770723

Not only does the death shadow half have a higher winrate overall compared to the ad nauseam half, but it also has a good matchup against grixis shadow. Death shadow might just be too strong.
>>
>>53763153

I've played titanshift more than a year and your build looks passable. I would cut omen completely, I did it early on. It's a win more of the worst kind because if you go for a scapeshift on 6 lands and they decay/bounce it you just lose. It just opens you up to blowouts that otherwise wouldn't be possible, just play khalni heart expedition. Not having 4 explores is incorrect. 3 angers is too much in the main, 1-2 in the main with the rest in the side. You have zero ways to answer a blood moon in the side, fix that with 2 nature's claims and a reclamation sage.
>>
>>53770723
what to heck
>>
>>53757056

for four years
storm
storm
ad nauseum in storm
>>
>>53757056
Bought my deck this summer. Started magic as a whole in between Con2 and Kaladesh
Skred is the only deck I've played in ppaer besides borrowed Lantern Control (loved) and Abzan (did not really love)
This is a hard question, because if I could play any deck it would be Tezzerator, but I don't have the money for it, so Skred.
Huge targeted discard.
I'm trying to brew a Grixis list with Golgari Thug, Bitter Ordeal, Slaughter Games, Surgical, etc.
>>
File: 1484021172619.jpg (83KB, 302x389px) Image search: [Google]
1484021172619.jpg
83KB, 302x389px
>play tidehollow sculler or Spell queller
>people point removal at them in response to the triggers
Feels amazing man
>>
Is Affinity a bad deck nowadays?
>>
>>53777082
yes
clamp and artifact lands need to be unbanned to make it viable again
>>
>tfw just ordered my SFM package

A bit late, but I have hope it will pay off.
>>
>>53777970
NEVER EVER SFM KEKS
>>
>>53778051
Last year just before AV got unbanned, I was thinking about buying some but then didn't.

I won't make the mistake again, especially considering that there is not much risk involved.
>>
>>53777082
Affinity was never bad, if anything all the Death's Shadows running around is a good thing compared to regular BGx since you really need to only connect once/throw two Blasts to the dome.
>>
>>53777082
No? Robot tribal is pretty strong no matter the meta. Unless you're looking down a T2 ghostly prison i can't imagine who you think is gonna race you.
>>
>people think sfm will be good in a world of push,path,bolt,terminate,thoughtseize,Iok,abrupt decay,stony silence,k command.

She's shit.
>>
>>53779526
good enough to make the cut in a janky fun deck
>>
>>53779526
>people think that SFM isn't still a strong, proactive line of play even when answers exist
It's the sort of thing that decks with white in them could really use. Also, Stony Silence doesn't stop Batterskull.
>>
2bh sfm into batterskull isn't even that good when your opponents are running lots of creature removal. I'd be more scared of sfm into jitte, but thankfully that's not possible even if sfm is unbanned.
>>
>>53779526
Also another point I want to make.
>sfm is banned because she gets better with every new equipment printed and limits design. But coco does the same for creatures 3 or less and snapcaster does the same for instants and soceries.
>>
>>53780089
What makes this worst is that equipment has been shit since the last mirran block.
>>
File: 1476923384966.jpg (82KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1476923384966.jpg
82KB, 900x675px
>>53780089
>Bant CoCo w/ SFM + Equip package, Spellqueller, Snapcaster, Geist and any other value I can cram in there
>>
>>53779406
Some of the combo decks like Storm and Valakut Breach can.
>>
>>53777082
Affinity is good when people think it's bad and bad when people think it's good.
>>
>>53753375

> not tapping at 45°s to save space
>>
>>53780231
>having so many card on your playmat that you feel the need to save space
>not neatly stacking all your lands on top of Each other
>Giving a crap about now much space you take up in the first place

I bet you play your lands in back like a degenerate faggot.
>>
>>53780271
I hope you get to be in a feature match some day so I can watch the judge serenely walk over and move your lands to the back.

>but muh degeneracy!
>>
>>53780291
>I hope you get to be in a feature match some day

So do I. I'm never even chosen for the "feature match table" at the lgs when I'm 3-0.
>>
NO CHANGES
>>
Fuck this shit. I refuse to play against death shadow. Shit is worse than twin.
>>
File: bend-over.jpg (78KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
bend-over.jpg
78KB, 800x590px
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/june-13-2017-banned-and-restricted-announcement-2017-06-13

Sorry SFM-fags, your waifu has to stay in jail getting raped by pic related.
>>
File: Street-Wraith-Art.jpg (112KB, 1200x1167px) Image search: [Google]
Street-Wraith-Art.jpg
112KB, 1200x1167px
LONG LIVE THE KING
>>
Well, I'mma go play Legacy for a while. I'll check back in like six months.
>>
Wizards only cares about standard anymore huh?
>>
File: modern-is-fine.jpg (57KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
modern-is-fine.jpg
57KB, 768x432px
>>53781164
>implying there's something wrong with Modern
>>
so we're one of "the other formats" now

feels bad man
>>
What do I do against Leyline of Sanctity as 8-Rack?
>>
>>53781282
Scoop?
>>
>>53781282
Lili and pack rat?
>>
>>53781282
game 3
>>
>>53781373
Tried that, they aggressively mulled game 3 until they had it again.
>>
>>53781470
Your only hope seems to be ensnaring bridge + lili + shrieking affliction
>>
>>53781470
then play a good deck
>>
File: Enigmatic Elk2.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Enigmatic Elk2.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Would a card like this be playable?
>>
>>53779526
Reverse psychology didn't work.
>>
>>53781282
4 Pack Rat or splash color for answer.
>>
>>53774702
This shit triggers me so much. I fucking hate people who play with their cards facing me. They're your cards, have them face you. If I want to know what they do I'll read them.
>>
>>53781785
...why do you care?
>>
>>53781797
I don't know. The first time I saw it I was playing in a PPTQ and my opponent did it. It weirded me out and was I confused as to why he was doing it. Ever since it just bugged the shit out of me.
>>
>>53781785
>>53781865
True story, a decade of MTG is the reason I learned to read well upside-down. Playing my cards upside-down would still be weird as shit though
>>
>>53781865
I don't do it myself, but it makes sense to me, especially in Modern. You likely have your own deck memorized, so there's little point in having the cards face you.
>>
>>53781865
>>53781903
I want my opponents to appreciate my cards and know what they do. Besides, I reset them once the summoning sickness wears off.
>>
>>53781536
>Tainted Strike
>Something to give haste
>Pump spells
>Evasion as needed
Broken.
>>
>>53782069
Do not reply to custom-card fags.
>>
>>53781536
fuck off with the custom card its shit design, and doesn't belong in the modern general
>>
File: Outskill.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Outskill.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>53783397
Its not shit design, I think my cards are really well designed and would make for fun modern archetypes. Take this card for example, this would help to make modern enchantments a viable archetype.
>>
Fucking thread is ruined because you autists couldn't remember to IGNORE CCF
>>
>>53783593
See >>53719443
>>
CC should be a bannable offense outside the designated thread, especially with how they spam that shit.
>>
>>53781102

Yeah because Delver the Comboing is so much better.
>>
>>53786573
It is though
>>
>>53786588

Honestly I'd be fine with it if show and tell didn't exist. If they have two cards in hand and you're not playing blue you might as well concede.
>>
>>53786859
Why are you not playing blue in legacy?
>>
>>53786895
Because their are decks other than blue decks
>>
>>53786895

Because I bleed GBx and I like being able to use Green Sun to windmill slam rhinos.
>>
>>53786933
Can I see your list?
Also digits
>>
>>53786914
>>53786933
>people have the chance to play brainstorm yet they don't
Woah
>>
>>53786964
I play brainstorm in every competitive commander deck, I wanna do something else
>>
File: 1468370819626.gif (1MB, 446x469px) Image search: [Google]
1468370819626.gif
1MB, 446x469px
>>53786977
>competitive commander
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 290x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 290x350px
Wow how did I know it would be another no-change Tuesday accompanied with a standard ban because of their inability to play test.
>>
>>53787231
I play it with my competitive friends. I also have commander decks that I play just for shits.
>>
>>53786953

Junk Nic Fit:
4x Vet explorer
3x DRS
1x Teeg
1x witness
1x Rhonas
1x scooze
1x thragtusk
3x Rhino
1x Sigarda
1x Titania
1x tracker
4x GSZ
4x Therapy
4x Path to exile
3x Pernicious Deed
1x Maelstrom
1x vindicate
2x Library
1x nissa
Lands

I'd be more comprehensive, but I'm at work. I can post full list with sideboard later.
>>
>>53787363
Do it, I'm interested
>>
>>53787363
>3x DRS
>1x scooze
Found the flaw in your deck. You accidentally put a Scooze in, forgetting that Deathrite Shaman does the job of yard hating while also killing your opponent through blockers, and while being a T1 dork. Silly Anon!
>>
Do pros cheat on the shuffle? I get shafted enough times on computer programs that I get pretty suspicious of many lists, especially lists like Tron which also happen to be repped much higher in high profile paper top8s than online.
>>
>>53787777
Price is a large factor in the difference between paper and online, of ye of repeating digits. Burn is super popular online because it's dirt cheap.
>>
>>53787749

I get you're being facetious, but scooze hits all cards and grows. Also another way to slow down burn, because fuck burn players
>>
>>53787824
Price doesn't stop Grixis Death's Shadow from being much more dominant online than on paper.
>>
>>53787854
Dominant compared to Tron that is.
>>
>>53787363
Why path over swords? Is there a reason because I'm not to familiar with nic fit.
>>
>>53788312
Legacy skimps out on basics, so with Veteran Explorer, you're taking out their basics.
>>
>>53788312

Decks that I usually play against have 1-2 basics that are fetched out with veteran explorer, making path have no downside. Nic Fit also uses lands better than other decks that play mostly 1-3 cost spells. In the end it's personal preference, but as a midrange deck I would rather them have more lands than more health.
As a bonus, path gives dark depths the shaft.
>>
File: Death's Shadow.full.jpg (411KB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Death's Shadow.full.jpg
411KB, 745x1040px
Don't look behind you heh heh heh.
>>
w2c foreign cards online that's not scg
>>
>>53789097
I order nip cards from hareruya. Dunno about other languages though
>>
>>53789162
Almost forgot they ship to US, thanks.
>>
>>53787777
Some do. That's why it's always a good idea to shuffle your opponent's deck at any high level event.
>>
File: etched-champion.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
etched-champion.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>53788925
Why not?
>>
>>53757056

>How long?

I've been building up a collection for modern since like the end of Theros, but I rarely ever get a chance to actually play it.
>What decks have you played?
U/R Delver, Kiln Fiends to attempt the Cantrip/Slip Through Space/Battle Rage combo, and now working on a shell with Enigma Drake for it's good bulk and not being a Nivix Cyclops
>Favorite Deck?
My goal right now is to build towards Jeskai Geist, almost had to commit suicide over a scare where I thought I had brought my Flooded Strand playset with me this weekend and it got stolen but it turns out they were safe at home so that plan is still on track
>what do you wish was good?
Jeskai Tempo.
>>
>>53770527
no it's swinging
>>
File: condemn.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
condemn.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>53790934
k
>>
>>53790934
>tapping to the left
>>
>>53791259
you're supposed to be across from it brainlet
>>
>>53789255
Mid combat K-command to shatter your drum and kill your signal pest, you no longer have metal craft and shadow eats your dude.

Death's shadow isn't a rough matchup for affinity because they can race, it's because they have 4 push 2 terminate for the 1 or 2 actually threatening robots and they main deck 2-3 K-command that can actually interact with plating and is always a monster 2-for-1, while having large ground blockers and a reasonable clock.
>>
>>53792147
But anon, I have Darskteel Citadel and another Etched Champion out, and the rise in Death's Shadow has me maindecking welding jar.
>>
File: catfolk.png (1MB, 852x639px) Image search: [Google]
catfolk.png
1MB, 852x639px
>>
>mfw wizards banned git probe because they foresaw the death's shadow mania
I'm glad we have a smart company running this game
>>
Brewing a polymorph deck. Is there a blue card like thirst for knowledge that lets me draw cards and then discard some that costs less than 3 mana?
>>
>>53792702
>I'm glad we have a smart company running this game
There's 5 cards banned in standard senpai
>>
>>53780231
Literally die
>>
>>53793703
In case you couldn't tell that post was facetious family
>>
>>53793308
At 3 mana you get thirst, research, and pieces of the puzzle, 2 mana doesn't often net you that in blue unless you go run contingency plan or that UU draw 3 discard 3 spell (forget the name but from Kamigawa), either that or run red for stuff like izzet charm (not a bad idea with that new red polymorph)
>>
>Playing mono red burn with heroic/prowess mechanic to buff 1 mana creatures

Is it worth it to put Surgical Extraction in for what is essentially a free spell that will trigger prowess? Also looking for some combo hate
>>
Where can I find matchup spreads? I've been browsing around and wizards told mtg goldfish they couldn't publish matchup winrates anymore. That's old news but presumably someone would fill the gap given that the data is out there and still being mined. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?
>>
>>53794172
Just play burn.
>>
>>53787418

Sorry for the late reply, second shift is fun.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-06-17-junk-fit/

I can explain what the deck attempts to do if you want, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate for the modern thread. For the purposes of staying on topic unban GSZ
>>
>>53794281
Wizards did more than just ask people to stop publishing win rates, they also limited the viewing of replays (win rate data is collected by bots watching replays and figuring out which deck is playing which by the cards they're playing) to only people who participated in the event.
>>
>>53794873
Was there even a justified reason for them to do so?
>>
>>53794902
They don't like people having win rates because they believe people will declare a single deck the 'best' before the (standard) format is thoroughly explored.
>>
>>53794942
That's so dumb! Information doesn't prevent exploration, it enables it. This is so frustrating.
>>
>>53755228
so much for that
>>
Has anyone tried vehicles in modern with new gideon?
>>
>>53795094
It's to prevent shit like this standard where they had to do bans how many lists in a row?
>>
I know I'm guaranteed to lose money by opening packs, but I love doing it. What set has the most modern staples/value?
>>
>>53796050
modern masters
>>
>>53757056
>7 years
>UR Twin, RG Tron, Zoo, UR Delver, Grixis Delver, Grixis Control, Ad Nauseam, UR Storm
>Grixis Control
>Midrange Decks
>>
>>53796085
Which one?
>>
Hey lads currently playing Death's Shadow Jund and am attending yhe Vegas GP. I'm thinking of running mainboard Tireless Tracker, thoughts?
>>
>>53796085
>>
>>53796175
>>
>>53796220
I think you should play grixis so you have more consistency via contrips and more grind via snaps and more interaction via stubborn denial
>>
>>53796267
>more consistency via contrips
>more consistent than Traverse
Nice try, shitposter.
>>
I not attending a modern event unless one of two things happen.

1. Death shadow is taken down a notch.

2. Cards become legal that make white or blue(not merfolk) based decks viable.
>>
>>53798239
Grixis Death's Shadow is viable :P
>>
>no changes
Fuck this shit. I'm finally cashing out of this meme format.
>>
>>53798285
I'm sure your seismic swans deck will net a good price.
>>
>>53798285
What were you even hoping for anon?
>>
>>53798359
FREE SFM
>>
>>53798364
Free SFM is just a meme.
>>
>>53798382
I wish white wasn't a meme color in modern
>>
File: 1497419790096.png (495KB, 953x1282px) Image search: [Google]
1497419790096.png
495KB, 953x1282px
>>53798364
>>
>>53798168
The difference is that thought about and semen visions don't make you play cards like mishra's bauble, and can find lands, creatures, or spells, as opposed to traverse which only gets lands or dudes.

Plus, if you play grixis you have tasigur and angler which can't be pushed like goyf can.
>>
>>53798393
Yeah, it's not like Wx decks are all over the format or anything.
>>
>>53798239
>I can't play white
... what?
>>
>>53780271

Land(s) at 2 o'clock, first is replaced by full art and dice used to count them.

:)

You fast players, no respek.
>>
Can someone link me a modern deck that plays stone rain? Or give a name for the deck?
>>
>>53800015
Ponza.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/developing-competitive-modern/220790-rg-ponza-modern-land-destruction
>>
Jace the mind sculptor is too strong, but Liliana of the veil is fine

Ponder is broken, but look 5, draw tron piece or Karn is not.

Preordain is making storm op, but creature fetch for 1cmc is not.

Bloodbraid is way too much value, but 1cmc 4/5, 5/5 or 12/12 is not.

2cmc counterspell would make this format unfun, but 1cmc see-your-hand-and-discard-your-best-card is completely fine.

How the fuck did they manage to make Path to Exile second best creature removal?

I don't know how this format is still somewhat playable.
>>
how good are manifest cards in modern?
>>
>>53795873
Nope. Not a single person
>>
>>53802431
>I don't know how this format is still somewhat playable.
Hint: It's because we don't let blue have its way.
>>
File: stony-silence.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
stony-silence.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>53795873
>playing vehicles when Affinity is still ravaging around tier 1
ayy lmao
>>
File: IMG_0514.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0514.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>53755228
>vizier of remedies banned
REEEEEE

My persist cards!
>>
>>53804363
dumb frogposter
>>
>>53753261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9V6oRoutfY

Part of me just wants to see this happen just because i wanna hear nicol bolas voiced by tim curry
>>
>>53804695
>tim curry
too soon anon
>>
>>53805811

>>53805811

>>53805811

>>53805811

we ded, new bread
>>
>>53803870
Delet this immediately
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.