[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you specify the temperature in the current area in your campaigns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 54.jpg (409KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
409KB, 900x600px
Do you specify the temperature in the current area in your campaigns?
>>
>>53749772
Yes.
>>
>>53749905
Good to know.
>>
>>53749772
Sometimes. If it's important to the atmosphere, absolutely.
>>
>>53749772
No because I'm not fucking autistic.
>>
>>53749772
I roll for them.
>>
File: Warforgeduses dimensiondoor.jpg (89KB, 540x676px) Image search: [Google]
Warforgeduses dimensiondoor.jpg
89KB, 540x676px
>>53749905
>>53752393
>>53752422
And we've covered the bases today.

Time for file name thread.
>>
>>53752488
Filename threads are even stupider than you.
>>
>>53749772
Of course, it's vital to make a campaign world believable.

http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/weather.pl
>>
File: 1482309480320.jpg (126KB, 1213x255px) Image search: [Google]
1482309480320.jpg
126KB, 1213x255px
>>53752393
This. Like all details, it's only worthy of describing if one of three things is true.

1) You think it adds to the scene, e.g. "The riverboat glides downstream all morning, the heat of the day slowly rising to a sweltering tropical afternoon."

2) It might have a mechanical effect, e.g. "You're all sweating under the baking summer heat. You'll need to make a Constitution save every 2 hours or suffer a level of exhaustion."

3) A player asks about that detail in particular, e.g. "What's the weather like today?"

If one of those three criteria is not met, it's probably not worth mentioning in the first place.
>>
>>53752728
Your picture is completely irrelevant, why post it you autistic retard?
>>
>>53752776
>>53752422
This type of posts don't really belong on /tg/.
>>
>>53752776
>complaining about a /tg/-related image when half the threads are filled with cheesecake and memes

Back on topic (and speaking to the whole thread), what are some minor details that you like to add to your descriptions? Do you focus on what the party can see or hear, or do you also include smells and touch?

I often forget these but when my party was travelling along a main road towards some 'badlands' I described how the road became more uneven and uncomfortable to walk upon as they got farther from civilization. When they visited a festival I tried to emphasize the various scents coming from street vendors, and the party ended up going on an epic quest to find fondue at 2 a.m. while very drunk.
>>
My DM does if it's relevant, or we ask.

We play a pretty small scale campaign and are keeping close attention on stuff like rations, weather etc so it may be important, and we've had stuff like cloud cover be important to plans too.
>>
>>53749772
Unless it's a persistent threat in and of itself, I'll describe it in passing sometimes when setting a scene.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.