[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I'm a Pathfinder vs 5e thread here to fish for replies.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1442014280237.jpg (189KB, 541x700px) Image search: [Google]
1442014280237.jpg
189KB, 541x700px
Hello. I'm a Pathfinder vs 5e thread here to fish for replies.

Ahem. Pathfinder is nothing but the illusion of choice and 5e has more meaningful decision making. For all the options you are given, it is still entirely unfeasible to make a trick shooter or a master at many arms in Pathfinder.

Okay go.
>>
File: owl_studys_2_by_markelli-d639gsr.jpg (224KB, 647x1000px) Image search: [Google]
owl_studys_2_by_markelli-d639gsr.jpg
224KB, 647x1000px
Did you say owl thread?
>>
File: EternalDebate.png (289KB, 1072x774px) Image search: [Google]
EternalDebate.png
289KB, 1072x774px
Hello, I'm a Cestree vs Ribbon post here.

Ahem. Cestree is nothing but unattainable fantasy, and Ribbon is more relatable. For all the checklist points Cestree has, it still just doesn't match up to the spunk and fervor Ribbon has.
>>
File: wow.jpg (36KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
36KB, 562x437px
>>
this will no be a very productive thread that shall die soon, me thinks
>>
They're both objectively trash, and here's why:

> DM: let's go around the table and introduce our characters
> Player 1: I'm a half-rabinowicz half-drow poo-caster/ sewer maintenance technician with a bionic arm that fires green slime and rabbit feces
> DM: exactly like the sourcebook, good job
>>
File: 1425249858984.jpg (26KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1425249858984.jpg
26KB, 308x308px
>>53744595
>Tries to make a bait thread
>Posts something literally everyone with normal mental development will agree with.
>>
>>53744595
If you want to b8 properly you need to argue that Pathfinder is the superior system.

I'm firm on that belief for a few reasons.

>Pathfinder is the most realistic to true world values edition, you can literally with any effort (most casual tier DMS lack this effort) recreate real world physics and interactions.
>Pathfinder gives you the most character choice whether you want to play a Kitsunr Sharpshooting rogue or a elemental , alchemist wizard.
>Pathfinder has the most respect for alternate communities such as lgbt.
>>
>>53749707
>Pathfinder has the most respect for alternate communities such as lgbt.

And we have a bait post
>>
>>53746148
Both have "combat as sport," both take too long, both say "you need to plan stories which last for 20 levels"

Delta Green 4dayz yo
>>
>>53744595
>>53749707
>>53750205
Let me try:

5e is better because it's a system that most players get bored of after a major campaign, and it creates less harmful habits in roleplayers when they move on to better systems.

Pathfinder, on the other hand, as well as 3.5, is famous for ruining an entire generation of roleplayers, and has an almost fanatical following with fans that will, foolishly, support it tooth and nail.
>>
And 4e is a video game, right?
>>
>>53754821
No, 4E is the inherent flaw of having a company interested in making money develop an entertainment medium. They were going too far into this colllective IP that had an rpg, an MMO, a bunch of novels, and a lunch box. They spent too much time making this game appeal to every audience they were marketing to and ultimately didn't spend as much time fixing the RPG as they should've, or making the MMO better, or getting their version of Roll20 out the door.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.