[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that Felinid abhumans can join the Imperial Guard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 79

File: Felinid.jpg (63KB, 570x720px) Image search: [Google]
Felinid.jpg
63KB, 570x720px
Is it true that Felinid abhumans can join the Imperial Guard and even become Commissars, Sisters of Battle, Preachers, Arbitrators, Scribes, etc, etc?

Could a Felinid become a High Lord of Terra? What makes them accepted when abhumans are so commonly despised?
>>
>>53737386
No

To all of that

Low hanging bait op
>>
Outside of fanfic material they can't.
Depending on how you read the one entry about them they seem to be restricted to the one world they are endemic to. Nothing more than that has ever been mentioned beyond their taxonomic name being hirsutis. Anymore than that is entirely headcanon.

Unless you already knew this and are just fishing.
>>
>>53737386
Burn the furry.
>>
File: InkerAnon-FelinidSoB.jpg (76KB, 763x868px) Image search: [Google]
InkerAnon-FelinidSoB.jpg
76KB, 763x868px
>>53737386
None of that is true.

Although it would be nice.
As long as they kept them 10% catgirls.
>>
>>53737386
No. Abhumans are not eligible for such positions of responsibility.
Whilst one may rise to a position of trust, such as becoming a Throne Agent, the fact of their deviation from the perfection of the human norm is enough to prohibit them from higher office.
>>
>>53737510
It's the grimdark future.

Got some bad news for you.
>>
>>53737448
>>53737510
>>53737535
>no
Pretty sure they can join the IG no? Wasn't that how they were originally introduced into the fluff?
>>
>>53737386
Probably just some bait being slung here, but I love these guys enough to bump a thread for them since we'll never see them on the table top. Felinids are extremely unlikely to actually be able to join the IG, let alone do anything else. At best, they'd likely be able to join up with the PDF, but considering how little we have to go on even that would be a gross assumption.

>>53737553
Nope. They were just a thing that GW had snuck into the lore due to a contest winner who liked him some chinese catgirls with huge hair, which is why there has been literally nothing done with them since.
>>
>>53737510
>purity seals in the ears
That's a nice touch.
>>
>>53737577
I remember one article being published way back about Abhuman Guard regiments. I think there were Nightsiders, like partially blind Abhumans with elevated other senses. And Ratlings and Ogryns are kinds of Abhumans.

I feel like there's no special restriction on Abhumans in the Guard, albeit in their own regiments and probably not Imperium-wide.
>>
>>53737577
Wait, they had a contest and the winner added catgirls?
>>
>>53737577
Some sick fuck will eventually do a conversion, any day now.
>>
It's depressing that this OP not only got so many replies but his thread hasn't even been sagebombed by them.
>>
File: InkerAnon-Felinid2.jpg (45KB, 652x720px) Image search: [Google]
InkerAnon-Felinid2.jpg
45KB, 652x720px
>>53737656
With the massive catgirl boner 40k fans seem to have, I'm surprised no 3rd party bit maker has made catgirl heads yet.
>>
>>53737609
They are fielded as auxiliaries ie specialized tertiary forces at best for some fringe regiments or cannon fodder at worst.

Most IG forces use no abhumans at all and the ones they use are selected for stability and purpose. The abhumans in WD represent the ones used by the IG in its entirety and this was after Felinids were even a thing. So no, they are not part of those selected for tithe or conscription.
>>
>>53737553
The thing about the IG is that they have near no quality control.

They deploy serial rapists and killers, ogre with the mental faculties of retarded children, thieving hobbit cook snipers that run black markets in secret, tribesmen who barely understand how guns work that also prefer fighting things vastly physically superior to them in close quarters combat, and shell shocked veterans that have been fighting orks for so long they think they are orks.
>>
>>53737386
>What makes them accepted when abhumans are so commonly despised?

Everyone loves catgirls
>>
>>53737690
>massive catgirl boners /tg/ has
FTFY
The only people that seem obsessed about felenids are weebs.
>>
>>53737710
ogres*
Apparently I share similar intellect to them.
>>
File: 1428436861794.jpg (221KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1428436861794.jpg
221KB, 1024x1024px
>>53737609
The portion of me that's skeptical of what their useability in the Imperium's war machine is based on the fact that we don't know what exactly the restricted portion of their lore means. It might mean their population is on heavy watch for chaos shenanigans, or just that they're not allowed to leave the planet period. Until we know that, we can't definitively say if they could be let out onto the battlefield.

>>53737634
Yep. GeeDubs got bamboozled and now there's a planet full of big haired catgirls riding around on motorcycles all throughout Carlos McConnell's surface and we don't get to see any of it.

>>53737656
We can only hope.
>>
>>53737577
>Nope. They were just a thing that GW had snuck into the lore due to a contest winner who liked him some chinese catgirls with huge hair, which is why there has been literally nothing done with them since.

You can't just say this and not elaborate
>>
File: 1471064316335.png (116KB, 361x456px) Image search: [Google]
1471064316335.png
116KB, 361x456px
>>53737759
I can't help you there, friend. I only know of this secondhand and have been unable to locate the issue of White Dwarf where this was announced.
>>
>>53737759
There isn't anything to elaborate on. That's it. They held a contest back in the ass end of 2nd and the winner got to design a planet. It has been a passing reference at best since because the concept was retarded.
>>
File: 1491669882933.jpg (550KB, 1593x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491669882933.jpg
550KB, 1593x1080px
>Tfw love catgirls and am closet furry but will never tell anyone ever or even have models of them for fear of being labeled a complete irredeemable autist.
>no one can ever know
>>
File: il_570xN.1169535812_dr0x.jpg (50KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1169535812_dr0x.jpg
50KB, 570x570px
>>53737690
Follow your dreams, it's what I do.

You could just make a mold of some third party models, and copy paste the ears and tails.
>>
File: 1484113319026.jpg (41KB, 546x784px) Image search: [Google]
1484113319026.jpg
41KB, 546x784px
>>53737782
>the concept was retarded
You and >>53737666 need to go be faggots elsewhere.
>>
I have access to pretty much every 2nd ed WD in existance over at my Uncle's place.
I've read most of them when I was a child and I remember wanting to enter imto every contest and special offer avaliable and it had to be explained to me every time that these promotions were nearly a decade out of date.
This is literally new to me.

If you're gonna make up shit, try to be more subtle.
>>
>>53738214
is meant to link to
>>53737782
>>
>>53737838
Ya done goofed
>>
>>53737553
They probably can, but they would be treated as second-class cannon fodder at best and they would look nothing like anime catgirls.
>>
>>53737386
>Sisters of Battle
I'm sure they could join the Guard as abhuman auxiliaries or something, but definitely not sororitas. Those girls take being pure human so seriously that they even take issue with how genetically engineered Space Marines are.
>>
>>53737884
>why won't people except what makes my peepee tingle in this setting regardless of whether it fits the theme
Same reason I'm not down with buxom Swedish broads in Lo5R or sparkledogs in SoFaI.
There are dozens of other settings with uguu kawaii cat girls as a focus. Play in those and leave the Gothic sci-fi/fantasy alone.
>>
>>53738400
This. A catgirl can hold a lasgun and be added to pile of corpses, so I figure they can be in the IG with some restrictions. Rising in rank would be hard or impossible, and Sisters would burn them before recruiting them.
>>
>>53737884
Its not his fault you're such a furfaggot, anon.
>>
>>53737838
Dude. Ya have miniature figures that you paint and have in an imaginary lore.

Having catgirl models won't make you autistic, having 40k models in the first place is the issue.
>>
>>53738416
>There are dozens of other settings with uguu kawaii cat girls as a focus. Play in those and leave the Gothic sci-fi/fantasy alone.
You don't even know the background behind the Felinids, do you? Their inspiration's setting would fit right into 40k like a typical hive world. Assumptions, friend.
>>
>>53739021
I know, but it would make me an autist among autists
>>
>>53738214
>http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Felinid
It comes from the 6th Ed codex. Also feast upon their incredibly nonexistent lore.
>>
>>53739236
>not caring about your models
>not personal items close to your heart like a pet
join in my cute autism
seriously, ladies love cute!autism
>>
>>53739182
Care to fill us in on the missing lore then?
Considering all GW has written on it is 'restricted to Carlos McConnel'.
>>
File: 1475721315807.gif (2MB, 315x187px) Image search: [Google]
1475721315807.gif
2MB, 315x187px
>>53737386

IG? Yes, they've got two arms, two legs, two eyes and can die for the emperor. They're qualified. Odds are they're going to die as a guardsman, but there's always the chance they rank up.

Commissars? Unlikely, their recruiting pool is exclusively orphans of war. A local commissariat may recruit Felinids, but like all local commissars, they are 2nd class to the Imperial brand.

SOB? Hard no. An anomaly is possible, but strictly speaking, even a Felinid taken in with the Ecclesiarchy would be unlikely to be called to the order militant.

Preachers? Possible.

Arbitrators? Completely feasible, but they would likely find themselves unpromotable. Local arbitrator orders would be more likely to permit the abhuman.

Scribes? Are you literate? Can you write quickly and accurately? How do you feel about twelve hour shifts? Welcome aboard, here's your pen, your parchment and your blister guard.

There is no qualification of being a High Lord that would make a Felnid impossible to be one, beyond the obvious political disability of "Is an abhuman", which makes it unlikely for them to rise anywhere near that level.

Abhumans are accepted for the utilities they provide. Ogryn are appreciated as shock troopers. Ratlings are useful as snipers. Felnids are decent scouts.

In setting, they have the same mark of distain as any other abhuman; They are only more acceptable because their mutation is not always aesthetically disturbing, and this is more an issue of social cloaking rather than actual greater acceptance.

Catgirls are treated like shit in the Imperium by proper imperial citizens Anon. They only escape the same way anyone in the Imperium rises above their station: Exceptionalism.

The only abhumans that get away with it are Navigators, and only because they're irreplaceable to the point of being given their own category simply to pretend they're not highly deviant genomes.
>>
>>53737710
>and shell shocked veterans that have been fighting orks for so long they think they are orks.
>IG Digganobz may be a thing
...wot?
>>
File: 1482193842518.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482193842518.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>53737386
>>
>>53737553
if they exist and can join the guard not as meatshields, then nurglite orks and malalites exist too
>>
File: felinid.png (145KB, 510x341px) Image search: [Google]
felinid.png
145KB, 510x341px
Hellllooo.
>>
Running a quest some time late this year or early next with a felinid in. Basically just gonna be a space khajiit. Auxiliary. No real rights.
>>
>>53737386
>Commissars
Being able to smell fear in your men seems like an advantage.
>>
>>53741130

>Implying the commissariat can't smell fear in the ranks

You're a new recruit aincha?
>>
>>53739593
Armageddon ork hunters.
>>
>>53738537
Probably maximum rank is around sergeant. Maybe lieutenant in some extremely rare circumstances.
>>
File: death korps of kat.jpg (85KB, 592x904px) Image search: [Google]
death korps of kat.jpg
85KB, 592x904px
>>53739531
This mostly. Though I'll admit I mostly lurk around these threads to see if that small snipit of artwork I've ever done comes around, though they arn't acting as one of the recognizable regiments, and technically they arn't felinids, but ya know. reasons.
>>
File: 1489267914529.jpg (161KB, 650x850px) Image search: [Google]
1489267914529.jpg
161KB, 650x850px
It's kind of funny that the themes of misinformation, ignorance, and lost knowledge in 40k have actually spilled over to one extent or another to the fandom itself.
>>
>>53737386
They can leave their homeworld and do whatever, they just aren't allowed to breed offworld iirc. Maybe they're chemically castrated on leaving their homeworld
>>
>>53741353

40k started as the Wargame off the cover of metal albums.

There's no canon, there's no purity, there's no bible, no death of the author.

In the grim dark of the 41st millennium, there is only war.

And catgirls.
>>
>>53741387

I'm talking more about how when people try to make arguments for something based on existing literature, not framing it as being their interpretation.

The Felinids aren't even a big deal in that regard, I'm talking more about stuff like smug neckbeards posting about how Khorne has been dumbed down and how he used to be more complex. This is in complete contrast to Khorne being mostly described the same through numerous books, bar Adeptus Titanicus attaching martial honor to him. From that neckbeards looking for something to get mad over constructed the idea that Khorne actually cares about what you kill, despite everything about him stating that he does not and only cares that bloodshed occurs.
>>
>>53741386

Doesn't have to be that aggressive. It's as simple as ensuring no viable population can congregate.

That's roughly 200 by the way. It's trivial to manage emigration to prevent that from happening.

Which, because it's 40k, means there's clearly a population of Felnids in the Calixis sector, a regressive colony overlooked in Segmentum Solar, a band of hereteks raiding small shipping across the sector and a rogue trader who discretely advertises to planetary governors that, for reasonable terms on trade, he can throw in a visit from "The Stray Cat", which is definitely just a passenger barge, even though the ship's roll states it has disembarked no passengers for two years and 80% of the cabins hold female abhumans.
>>
>>53741417

That's just an issue of differing priorities. It matters a bunch to Chaos players that their faction is deep and complex because they don't want to told they're just edgy.
>>
Catgirls are sexy, catgirls are lewd -
my catgirl commissar can't be this cute!
Would it be heresy, would it be rude
if i fap to the thought of my mini's nude?

>>53737838
nice ΠΛΑΝΗΤΕΣ-Pepe, haven't seen that before
>>
>>53741436

There is nothing that stops you from having your CSM act in a certain manner or have certain beliefs. There is however something of a problem when you actively try to push the idea that Khorne would get upset if one of his followers killed a bunch of defenseless civilians when almost everything written about him states that just isn't the case.
>>
>>53741468

Well. He'd be ticked for a different reason. It's not an issue of propriety: Blood is blood. But you don't gotta be killing whelps; You got fanatics for that. Go get me some marine skulls. You gotta diversify your skulls man, it's basic trickle-down Kornenomics.
>>
>>53737838
>>53741445
>Planetes pepe

I was dumbfounded myself
>>
>>53741468
>There is however something of a problem when you actively try to push the idea that Khorne would get upset if one of his followers killed a bunch of defenseless civilians
depends how you spin it.

i have a khorne warband that have a quality of quantity thing going. they don't kill the unarmed because they're not worthy enough opponents to be killed in khornes name.
>>
>>53741130
>>53741143
You desensitize to a smell if you live in it long enough.
Which is why you never know if you stink yourself.
>>
You people are thinking too hard. Just use normal human woman, but giver their helmets cat ears. Like that biker chick from Durarara or whatever the hell it's called.

It's not that hard, guys.
>>
>>53741353
And the blind worship of the Emperor is becoming more prominent and unironic.
>>
>>53741973

Again, it's fine if you want that to be your warband's schtick and belief, but don't be trying to argue that the lore somehow supports Khorne being against killing people who can't defend themselves.
>>
File: daktari-doctor.jpg (55KB, 960x403px) Image search: [Google]
daktari-doctor.jpg
55KB, 960x403px
>>53737386
In the last IG codex, they did state there was a felinoid abhuman species whose genes were stable. So you could potentially have some in an IG army, but I would maybe put them in a scout squad (with las-cannon laser pointers for precision guiding).

Infinity has a catgirl model that is in the right size for IG. I have one somewhere around here but I cant seem to find it, but here is a picture from their site. Daktari doctor. I have one as the medic for my Elysian Drop troops command squad.
>>
>>53742744
infinity minis aren't good for 40k. they're truescale insteadof 40ks heroicnscale and they look funny on a table together.

your besr option is going to be greenstuffing 40k minis, cat ears and a tail should be simple to add to some guardsmen.
>>
>>53742841
considering felinoid humanoids tend to be depicted as being taller than standard humans (like Outlaw Star, final fantasy11 and 14 with the mithra, among others) it works. But I do agree if you plan on making them en-mass it would be better to greenstuff. the Daktari are more for one off characters, not whole regiments.
>>
Do most people ITT realise the Felinids have like, literally no fluff beyond the fact that they exist, are used by the IG sometimes, and are endemic to a specific planet?

We don't even know if they're catgirls.
>>
>>53741386
You recalled incorrectly. The only factual information we have is their name and that they are restricted to their home world.
Everything else is headcannon and conjecture.
>>
>>53742895
They are not even stated to be used by the IG, just that they are some of the abhumans in the imperium.
>>
>>53742885
there's no cannon depiction of them anyway so really just so it how you want.

personally I've always pictured them as like the thundercats rathee than anime catgirls.
>>
File: s6Eq7Qt.jpg (196KB, 1916x916px) Image search: [Google]
s6Eq7Qt.jpg
196KB, 1916x916px
>>53742885
>final fantasy11 and 14 with the mithra

Mithra/miqote are shorter than the "humans".
>>
>>53739531
There was also the squats. I think the fact they were kinda-independant meant that none of them really took ranks in the imperium's ranks tough i could be wrong.
>>
Technically, yes to all. Will they actually be able to rise that high without someone having a shitfit and getting them executed? No
>>
>>53737510
This is a good picture.
>>
>>53737843
>>
>>53741265
Depend on how many get deployed together. As long as they only command their own, it wouldn't upset many people.
>>
>>53743987
This. Technically even a Ogryn can become Inquisitor.
>>
>once again /tg/ autists obsess over shoehorning cute girls where they'll be blown apart, dismembered, gutted and burned alive all at once

go back to gurochan
>>
>>53744508
TBF they will also be doing the blowing apart, dismembering, gutting and burning alive.
>>
>>53744586
Considering their restricted to ONLY their one planet, that's rather doubtful.
>>
>>53737535
Bullshit. Canon has multiple examples of abhumans in positions of great power, the most well know being the fact that Nork Deddog ended his life as a Planetary Governor and Adeptus of Terra.
>>
I can't wait for an edition where I can play furry space marine. It's just a question of time.
>>
>>53745054
>Sister Yiffius
>Sister
>>
>>53745054
Since, the Space Wolves are on their best way to go complete Furry, 9 Edition should be the deal for ya.
>>
>>53745839
Thank you Captain Brother Wolfius!
I can't wait to burn some filthy mutants!
>>
File: 1394988266991.png (121KB, 795x914px) Image search: [Google]
1394988266991.png
121KB, 795x914px
>>53737386
They're actually confined to just their home world. However, that's a HUGE step up from the "Kill of Sight" that most mutants get.
Ogryns and Ratlings are Imperial Guard material though.
>>
>>53746293
Actually, if you ask me the Imperium should get its shit together and make a clear difference between accepted abhumans and mutants. Not that I want Kitten SoB, but I would love to see more Special Abhuman Units in the IG, I like such stuff.
>>
File: 1374390699192.png (1MB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1374390699192.png
1MB, 1000x1400px
>>
>>53746222
>>
>GW won't do catgirl SoB
Why would they turn down such a font of money?
>>
>>53747069

There's nothing saying you can't put cat ears on your SOB.

Of course, the real issue is that if they acknowledge Felnid SOB, they'll have to acknowledge the SOB themselves, and that means renewed demands of a new codex.
>>
what about hairless catgirls, mutated, and born with human looking ears?
>>
>>53737483
>Catgirls = Furry

Are you new?
>>
>>53739531
>They only escape the same way anyone in the Imperium rises above their station: Exceptionalism.

Catgirl Inquisitor Confirmed.
>>
File: wulfen-walpaper.jpg (46KB, 595x327px) Image search: [Google]
wulfen-walpaper.jpg
46KB, 595x327px
>>53745054
It's already happened.

Just greenstuff them you dummies. Or, according to your picture, paint ridiculously sized eyes onto them.
>>
>>53737553
>Wasn't that how they were originally introduced into the fluff?
No, they were introduced as a footnote of a footnote. Just
>List of abhuman species
>One of them is named homo sapiens hirsutus
>They are nicknamed felinids
>They are quarantined on a single planet

The whole idea that they are sexy cat girls is likely wrong since hirsute means hairy, meaning if nothing else these are furries not just girls with cat ears. Honestly they are probably just like Tabaxi from DnD, furry people who are lithe and graceful.
>>
>>53747759
>Called homo sapiens hirsutus
>Not furry
Are you retarded? Do you not know what words mean?
>>
Felinids are the more human variation, with a max level of "Thundercats" level of furriness, and I can prove it.

Felinids are classified as abhumans, therefore, their appearance is sufficiently human enough to be seen as such. They are abhumans and not mutants, so their genetic deviation is within acceptable parameters to even the Ecclesiarchy. Witnessed examples of abhumans are Ogryns, Squats, and Ratlings, all of which look like humans.

Secondly, the planet of Felinid origin is "Carlos McConnell", which was named after the Rogue Trader who discovered it (aka the guy who won the contest). Rogue Traders are powerful, wealthy individuals whose power comes from reputation as much as it does money. A Rogue Trader naming a planet full of abhumans after himself would be odd, unless the abhumans were attractive in some manner. In the xenophobia-ridden galaxy of 40k, the Felinids would have to be human enough to be attractive, yet their exoticness would tickle the cockles of any pleasure-seeking Rouge Trader.

And finally, while Ogryns and Ratlings and Squats have spread across the galaxy, with several planets to their species, we only know of 1 where the Felinids live. Combined with the questionable probability that they naturally evolved into such a state as the Ogryns did, it's entirely likely that they were genetically modified by Pre-Imperium mankind, likely during the Dark Age. Assuming this, they would likely be modified to be attractive in the typical catgirl fashion, instead of ugly and bestial, when you would have drones and AI to do war for you.

Felinids are catgirls, all logic proves this.

That said, they're second-class citizens at best, so them getting into anything but the IG is fanwank and they're not accepted. That too is fanwank because people love catgirls.
>>
File: 1398284001209.png (104KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1398284001209.png
104KB, 500x500px
>>53746293
Abhumans aren't regarded anywhere as mutants. We already have had this discussion multiple times before.

>>53746419
There already is a difference. The difference is one isn't purged on sight.
>>
>>53737386
Felinids were in a long list of 'accepted' abhumans along with squats. Accepted means it's cool to die for the emperor.

In most circumstances the felinids, unlike the squats, can never become Comissars or sisters of Battle. High Lord of Terra is right out. Most other jobs are fine.

Just because you fetishize nekomimi like a stupid weeb doesn't mean the rules for abhumans change or are somehow new.
>>
>>53747999
>unlike the squats
Wait what? Since when were there Squat Commissars? Is that an old bit of fluff I'm unaware of?
>>
File: Meiny Kampfa.jpg (109KB, 862x892px) Image search: [Google]
Meiny Kampfa.jpg
109KB, 862x892px
Is there any fandom or following furfags won't try to stick their aids infected rainbow-furred fox dicks in?
>>
>>53748081
No. Remember there are nazi furries, soviet furries, and muslim furries, despite being near the top of the list all three of those would execute for degeneracy.
>>
File: w40k_catgirl_sketch.jpg (96KB, 659x888px) Image search: [Google]
w40k_catgirl_sketch.jpg
96KB, 659x888px
All this catgirl talk reminds me I drew this about 7 years ago. I forget if it was a request in a draw thread here, or just for my own amusement, but I had no idea there was even a footnote of a footnote worth of actual 40K fluff for catgirls.
>>
>>53748041
Depending on how you look at it, squats are just short humans and not abhuman. I'm surprised you didn't focus on the possibility of short stack sisters of battle considering /tg/s felinid focus is from an abuman list that brought the squats back into canon and the fact there were felinid IG was just a footnote with a long list of other abhumans.

Like, honestly, 5 years now, squats are back, and everyone is focused on the word felinid in that screenshot STILL.
>>
>>53748041
When Squat's had their own mini line there was basically a squat version of every IG and Space Marine unit, they were basically mini-marines and IG hybrid. Eliminated for gameplay redundancy, many years ago it was established that you can put whatever models in your IG regiments, squat's included, but there is a list of abhumans that are always ok to die for the emperor.
>>
>>53748154
Has it been 7 years since the announcement that brought back squats? The one that /tg/ took felinids from?
>>
>>53748081
>Is there any fandom or following 40kfags won't try to stick their aids infected grimderp dicks in?
>>
>>53748170
Oh I've thought about shortstack sisters, I just thought you meant there was a footnote or fluff piece mentioning a squat in a position that was unsuitable for an abhuman. Unfortunately Squats are still very much abhumans and not just short humans. Especially since in 40k there are no dwarfs (As in the medical condition of today) suggesting that either the genes were fixed at some point during the dark age, or they're just simply killed in childhood due to 40k's crazy levels of grimdark.
>>
>>53748238
Squats are the dwarfs. Yeah genetic tampering is involved so that they are their own thing more like in a fantasy setting, but Squats, unlike every other abhuman, pretty much don't have restrictions in the Imperium that they don't place on themselves. They practically had their own mini-imperium for a while too. It isn't that there was a line that specified "oh squats can be commissars". It's that they've always been everything, they've yet to be told they can't.
>>
>>53748316
No, I mean dwarfs as in medical dwarfism. Not SPACE DORFS.
>>
File: 50a.png (117KB, 238x351px) Image search: [Google]
50a.png
117KB, 238x351px
>>53748081
>filename
>>
>>53747759
They are furries
lurk more
>>
File: 1434608890653.gif (391KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
1434608890653.gif
391KB, 362x362px
>>53748405
Something like Khajiits are furry, while Felinids are simply animu. How is this a hard thing to comprehend?
>>
>>53748542
Now, see, this is what's so goddamn hilarious about 4chan. You know what our outward appearance is to normies? A bunch of furries. Not because of what you think of as furshit, but because of Monstergirls, Catgirls, and Aliens. Even just the animal ears, 10% furry, is still furry. That's about the only hard border you can define in terms of being Furry and Not Furry.

We, of course, try and make the mistake of arguing that a certain degree of animalistic traits are Not Furry, and from there defining a border is murky waters that lends itself to massive argumentation, Insults, and degeneracy that is the average fetish thread on here.
>>
>>53748316
I meant that too. Medical dwarfism turned into something more like fantasy dwarfism because future science.
>>
>>53748340
>>53748843
Clicked the wrong post for reply, but you get my meaning.
>>
File: 1436072438996.png (35KB, 412x412px) Image search: [Google]
1436072438996.png
35KB, 412x412px
>>53748793
I'm pretty sure xeno fetishism has long since become a normie thing with Star Trek and Star Wars, not to mention Mass Effect. And I'm pretty sure 4chan's reputation does not make people think 'furry congregation' at the first mention.
>>
>>53748793
Actually our outward appearance to normies is hypocritical, hyper-racist, disgusting, literally shit eating 'to be ironic', misogynistic to a degree only seen in parody but we mean it here, bullies.

Furry? There were a couple years where furry hate made it off this site. This has since been corrected. Furry hate is back to being another 4chan exclusive phenomenon because 4chan just hates everything.
>>
>>53739470
That's not what restricted to means in the context of "endemic and restricted to." It means that it's the only planet where this particular abhuman strain occurs, as opposed to something like ogryns or ratlings, which occur naturally on or have subsequently migrated to any of a number of planets in the Imperium.

Felinids are restricted to Carlos McConnell in the same way that Fenrisian wolves are restricted to Fenris - but you can sure as hell find Fenrisian wolves anywhere the Space Wolves take them, in the same way you would find a felinid anywhere her Guard respondent happened to be deployed.
>>
>>53748965
Of course we hate everything. We're the Internet Hate Machine, and always have been.
>>
>>53747946
You are using a ton of assumptions
>They are abhumans and not mutants, so their genetic deviation is within acceptable parameters to even the Ecclesiarchy.
Or their genetic variation is stable enough to be considered abhumans instead of mutants. Besides Ogryn and Ratlings don't look very human, certainly not to the point where you would want to fuck them.

> A Rogue Trader naming a planet full of abhumans after himself would be odd, unless the abhumans were attractive in some manner.
Or maybe he named multiple planets after himself, or perhaps it has a valuable resource since it makes more sense for him to care about resources and money than a bunch of worthless peasants,

> Combined with the questionable probability that they naturally evolved into such a state as the Ogryns did, it's entirely likely that they were genetically modified by Pre-Imperium mankind, likely during the Dark Age. Assuming this, they would likely be modified to be attractive in the typical catgirl fashion, instead of ugly and bestial, when you would have drones and AI to do war for you.
Or they were genetically modified to better suit their environment.

Their name is Homo sapiens hirsutus, as in hirsute, as in hairy. Beyond that ratlings don't look like rats, they don't have ears or tails, they have the nature and general body structure of rats. Odds are that felinids are just nimble hairy people, probably more slender and dexterous than regular people. There is zero implication that they are sexy and even less implication that they specifically have cat ears.
>>
>>53749032
That's always been a good cover to keep normies away, but I think it's been failing for a long while now. Now people are excited to explore this "hate machine" and get pissed off if we actually like anything.
>>
>>53749032
Just saying, no one thinks we're furry.
>>
>>53749013
So do i list them as Carlosians, McConnelans, something else, do i have to say the whole thing like they are Carlos McConnelans, Can i just call them all Carlos... help me out here, we rendeszvous in three weeks, brief, and planet drop that day.
>>
>>53737386
I don't care what anyone else thinks the two lines of canon fluff mean, I'm modeling the Puma twins on an assault bike and you're going to like it.
>>
File: 1432188450885.png (308KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1432188450885.png
308KB, 800x800px
>>53737386
>>53737536
I dunno, kemonomimi-style cat-girl felinids actually make a bit of sense in 40k of all places.

I mean, I just see the Imperium not really tolerating felinids or other abhumans if they looked any less human.

Plus, we get sneaky cat-people guardsmen led by Creed.
>>
File: IGFelinid.jpg (41KB, 540x553px) Image search: [Google]
IGFelinid.jpg
41KB, 540x553px
>>53748793
10% Catgirls and "aliens"(really just humans with colored skin) are a couple of the most normie fetishes in existence. Cat ears and a tail are like the most vanilla erotic cosplay couples can do.
>>
>>53746419
Abhumans differ only slightly from the human baseline, breed true, and are otherwise genetically stable.

Mutants differ drastically from baseline, do not breed true (ex. two mutants with tentacles for arms might produce a child with human arms but teeth growing from their feet), and are genetically unstable.

In short: Abhumans are the product of evolution or DAoT gene-mods, mutants are the product of exposure to toxic waste/radiation/the Warp.
>>
>>53750532
I know, but the your average Imperial Zelot doesn't care about the difference, its more a difference of purging them right know or maybe later. I mean, the would never include the Abhumans in the Perfect Human Form, but I would like just to see some more kinds of abhumans that are "useful"
>>
File: 1365790106911.png (106KB, 275x446px) Image search: [Google]
1365790106911.png
106KB, 275x446px
>>53737386
Officially no, not unless new fluff changes how the Imperium deals with them.

From the one piece of fluff that mentions them I gather that Felinids, along with Troths and Neandors, are perhaps too bestial/feral or generally unsuitable for disciplined military use. Otherwise they'd have been utilized in some fashion rather than being confined to singular worlds.

Unofficially, if you wanted to model Imperial catgirls, go for it. It's no sillier than flowercrons, googlynids or any of the wacky themed Chapters like beemarines. Most people will probably be good humoured and tolerate them in tabletop games.
>>
>>53737386
Every army needs to fuck sometimes.
>>
>>53751664
Even the Sisters of Battle?
>>
>>53747935
>orkus negra
>is green and not black
>>
>>53751637
That makes it seem like there's probably someone on those worlds that produces the mutation, and it might not transfer through reproduction off-planet.
>>
>Felinid SoB
>compulsively pawing at purity seals
>catnip incense braziers
>repentia who pounce and fight with claws and fangs
>power armor with cat eat helmets
>catonesses
>pawlatines
>>
>>53752005
If that was even the case why confine the population to those worlds? If they could be organised into a fighting force then breeding true would be a lower tier concern than mobilisation.
>>
>>53752005
>someone
something

>>53752072
I dunno dude, just a thought. Maybe they do breed true once exposed.
>>
>>53752098
If you're suggesting that baseline humans get exposed to a pathogen or something on any of those planets and converted into an abhuman I could only imagine the Imperium either quarantining those worlds or sterilizing them.
>>
>>53752192
It's also been done. The canis helix is legit a runaway DAoT genemod to make the original Fenrisian settlers hardier and better adapted to the planet, but after a few tens of thousand years it's degenerated into werewolfism and the various trolls and other monsters that stalk the fjords.
>>
So what would an IG Felinid unit acutally look like, were GW to pull its thumb from its ass and actually create one? Like, really create one, with the intent of making it even quasi-usable, instead of another game-useless unit just to sell models?

TROOPS CHOICE
Up to one Felinid Scout Squad may be taken in an IG Platoon, as long as at least 2 other squads of Infantry (discounting headquarters and heavy weapon squads) are included within the platoon.

Cost: 8 points per model
Unit Size: 4-6 models. Up to 1 model may be designated a Scout Sergeant for +8 points
WS: 3
BS: 4
S: 3
T: 3
I: 4
A: 1
W: 1 (2 for Sergeant)
Ld: 6 (7 for Sergeant)
Armor Save: 5+ (flak)

Unit Type:
>Infantry
Wargear:
>Lasgun, CCW
Special Rules:
>Acute Senses, Aquaphobic*; Claustrophobic**, Fleet of Foot, Infiltrate, Move Through Cover, Scout
Options:
>Up to three non-sergeant models may replace their lasgun with a Sniper Rifle for +2 points/model
>The entire squad may take camo cloaks for +2 points/model
>If the unit includes a Sergeant, the Sergeant may add Melta Bombs for +5 points
>Up to one model may replace its lasgun and CCW for a Meltagun for +10 points

*Aquaphobic: Unit must take an unmodified Leadership test to cross aquatic terrain (rivers, streams at least 1" wide) without the aid of a vehicle or a bridge. Failure pins the unit until its controller's next turn.
**Claustrophobic: Unit may not be assigned to, enter, or ride in a Close-topped Transport at any time.
>>
>>53747223
I mean, the SoB have a section in the Index Imperium 2
>>53751832
Especially the Sisters of Battle
>>
File: 1364016376936.png (2MB, 1100x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1364016376936.png
2MB, 1100x1070px
>>53749399
>Besides Ogryn and Ratlings don't look very human, certainly not to the point where you would want to fuck them.
Ratlings are described like Sci-Fi Hobbits. Are you telling me you wouldn't fuck a hobbit? I call you a liar.
>>
>>53752286
I don't think any human visiting Fenris was altered though, not through just being exposed to the native environment. They'd probably not live long not being a native.

Inb4 Felis Helix marines.
Someone's bound to have made a custom army though.
>>
File: 99060105262_RatlingsNEW02.jpg (46KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99060105262_RatlingsNEW02.jpg
46KB, 600x620px
>>53753054
In GW artwork they look like stumpy little hairy blokes, often depicted with massive feet and mutton chops.

The miniatures are much the same now.
So, no.
>>
>>53752480

that's both an interesting and balanced codex entry.

stop it. We're here to fight, not be productive
>>
>>53749399
>Or maybe he named multiple planets after himself, or perhaps it has a valuable resource since it makes more sense for him to care about resources and money than a bunch of worthless peasants,

Shit nigga maybe he named it after himself just to have a fucking planet named after him. Vanity, yo.
>>
>>53753943
Why not both?
>>
File: 1387091087265.jpg (238KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1387091087265.jpg
238KB, 1280x1280px
>>53753792
>In GW artwork they look like stumpy little hairy blokes, often depicted with massive feet and mutton chops.
Again, HOBBITS!
>>
they're cute
>>
>>53757265
Except they don't look like the artwork you're posting either. Tell me you'd fuck this hairy little bugger.
>>
File: Ratling_Sniper_Art_1.jpg (108KB, 600x690px) Image search: [Google]
Ratling_Sniper_Art_1.jpg
108KB, 600x690px
>>53758064
Or this one.
>>
>Is it true that Felinid abhumans can join the Imperial Guard
Yes.

>and even become Commissars, Sisters of Battle,
No, abhumans are sanctioned, nothing more. Commissars and Sisters of Battle are Schola Progenium, while abhumans are second-class citizens at best.

>Preachers, Arbitrators, Scribes, etc, etc?
Yes to all of that, because they are necessary for imperial society and are often low-tier shit anyway.
>>
File: 1387465843945.png (953KB, 755x870px) Image search: [Google]
1387465843945.png
953KB, 755x870px
>>53758070
>>53758064
Not the Males, no. I'm not a homosexual.
>>
>>53758192
Given the way the depicted males are bow legged fat footed paunchy hirsute little stubs, I can only imagine the females are much the same.
>>
File: 1364019017355.png (468KB, 518x880px) Image search: [Google]
1364019017355.png
468KB, 518x880px
>>53758235
No different then a dwarf woman.
I'd fuck dwarf women too.
>>
>>53758235
>>53758235
You see, here's your problem. You're assuming that there's a thing that /tg/ won't fuck.
>>
File: Felinid01 heroforge.png (367KB, 781x529px) Image search: [Google]
Felinid01 heroforge.png
367KB, 781x529px
>>
File: Felinid05.png (225KB, 601x533px) Image search: [Google]
Felinid05.png
225KB, 601x533px
>>53758387
>>
File: 1449827933333.png (98KB, 426x442px) Image search: [Google]
1449827933333.png
98KB, 426x442px
>>
The only thing more absurd than catgirls in 40k is how insecure the autists on /tg/ are about it.
>>
File: 7717822_f260.jpg (96KB, 502x403px) Image search: [Google]
7717822_f260.jpg
96KB, 502x403px
>>53737386
I think, the if would look basicly like this, but with cat features, that would suit them best.
>>
>>53752046
>felinid society now consists of catgirl interpretations of Imperial factions and organizations
>these frequently use puns
This is my new headcanon.
>>
>>53758881
Please name some examples of this purrfect society, Anon
>>
>>53759897
>>
>>53759897
You have you Adeptus Adminiscatum.Your Purrlanetary Defense Forces.
>>
>>53741056
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>53738416
Why the fuck did you even come here, if you're not interested? Why take the time telling people in an Iranian Oiled goat wrestling imageboard that you don't like a thing?
>>
>>53758070
>Has the wrong eye closed
>Fatling in back eating cake

Clearly the perfect mutants.
>>
>>53758831
ive just grown sick of things not weeb related getting weebed.
Just like things getting ponified.
Or dicks just being slapped on to women.

It has become more bland and predictable than a
>ywn [action] [nonhuman/waifu/concept/fanart entirely dissimilar to original subject], why live?
>wojack.png
>>53741056
I can't bang that...
>>
>furfags trying to sully felinids again
>when it was already decided that they were puma sisters-style catgirls

Not furry, not uguu~.
>>
File: 1422510410062.jpg (128KB, 374x500px) Image search: [Google]
1422510410062.jpg
128KB, 374x500px
>>
File: 1458310185394.png (2MB, 2207x4304px) Image search: [Google]
1458310185394.png
2MB, 2207x4304px
>>
File: 1478438856769.jpg (125KB, 458x669px) Image search: [Google]
1478438856769.jpg
125KB, 458x669px
>>53761954
80s big hair would defiantly quality for the 'hirsutis' add-on.
... also 80s bush. Because we all think with our penises.
>>
File: 1478459026030.png (1MB, 2207x4304px) Image search: [Google]
1478459026030.png
1MB, 2207x4304px
>>53762306
>>
>>53761560
I mean from the looks, partly furred, slim and strong bodies would fit them very good in 40k. And don't forget we have gundams allready.
>>
>>53761560
>space catgirls
>weeaboo

Larry Niven started this shit, you don't get to blame your butthurt on Japan.
>>
>>53747862
DIGGANOBZ
>>
>>53737386
Felinid's that join the imperial guard are immediately mulched by a Bio-magos and used as fuel for the flamers. This is considered the highest honour achievable.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUuvHPr4BGk
>>
>>53737386
you should just have 'your dude(tte)s' be a platoon of sexy, teenage, felinids auxiliares who stole tau battlesuits in the name of the emperor and have banded with a rogue trader to restore peace to the galaxy
apply plot armor as required
>>
File: Suffer not the mutant.jpg (312KB, 1200x1553px) Image search: [Google]
Suffer not the mutant.jpg
312KB, 1200x1553px
>>53737386
>>53741312
>>53741353
>>53742885

no because pic related will happen
>>
>>53761954
>100% HEY BOY
>>
>>53764070
>tfw i remember all memes on this page
holy shit, i feel old.
>>
>>53765060
Desu on my friend, Desu on.
>>
File: desu.png (61KB, 255x326px) Image search: [Google]
desu.png
61KB, 255x326px
>>53764930
Damn skippy

>>53765191
>>53765060
>>
>>53751637
They may only be able to survive on their given home worlds. Maybe there's a specific mutation or environmental factor that prevents them from going elsewhere.
>>
>>53765252
Felinids are still on the list for being able to join the guard. They just are not allowed to populate other worlds.
>>
>>53764070
Good thing Felinids are Abhumans and not Mutants.
>>
>>53765232
Such a different time, back then.
>>
File: 1478874160528.png (325KB, 480x716px) Image search: [Google]
1478874160528.png
325KB, 480x716px
>>53765959
>>
>>53766120
I know.
I know.
I wish it weren't so true, yet here we are.
>>
>>53741056
No one can save us from this grimdark future...
NO ONE.
>>
>>53753054
>>53757265
>>53758192
>>53758247
Bilbo is cute! CUTE!!!
>>
File: 1388373848374.jpg (69KB, 481x629px) Image search: [Google]
1388373848374.jpg
69KB, 481x629px
>>53767751
>>
File: 1493343039222.jpg (323KB, 480x953px) Image search: [Google]
1493343039222.jpg
323KB, 480x953px
>>53766120
>cutting off the final panel
>>
>>53758881

>the only reason the planet wasn't purged immediately was piles of money from near-Slanneshian lust for exotic, half-feral catgirls
>they look up to males as the sensible housekeeping ones while the females do all the fighting, hunting, and dangerous shit in the colony
>the Rogue Trader deliberately taught them to speak Imperial that way just to fuck with the Administratum
>>
>>53737448
First post best post
>>
>>53737386
>Imperial Guard
Possible, but since the Felinid population is very low having on on the Imeprial Guard would be very rare. They woud most likely stay working on the Planetary defence of their home world.

>Preachers
Possible, but they would probably be preaching to other Felinids and maybe other kinds of Abhuman in their own planet or in isolated Abhuman communities.
Abhumans are lower class citizens, a normal human would most likely not accept a low life preaching to them.

>Arbitrators
Hardly, but there could not be an Arbitrator dealing with anything other than Felinids, again, humans consider Abhumans to be inferior.

>Scribes
Not very likely.

>Commissars
Even less likely. Unless someone at the Schola Progenium has a fetish for cat girls, and even then, this Commissar would not be in charge of humans, but it might be suited to deal with Abhuman troops.

>Sisters of Battle
Only on Fanfics, a mutant Sororita would be unthinkable.

>High Lord of Terra
Never. For logistical, political, religious and bullshit reasons this would never happen.

Now, just because it is not canon it doesn't mean that we can't have fun with the concept.
>>
>>53758064
Everyone looks ugly in most official artworks.
>>
>>53737510

fpbp

Fifth Post Best Post
>>
>>53762989
>Kzin Imperial Guardsmen
Sounds pretty scary if they don't do the whole "scream and leap" stuff that Niven's space tigers tend to do unless they are in bayonet range.
>>
>>53741069
I'm going to buy and run an IG army and everybody with their helmet off is going to have cat ears and the highest ranking man on the field is going to have a cat tail and nobody can stop me
>>
File: 324d6542e1e0b23a348100e10793647c.jpg (121KB, 775x1000px) Image search: [Google]
324d6542e1e0b23a348100e10793647c.jpg
121KB, 775x1000px
>>53773043
Let me know where you find catpeople heads
>>
ITT: people who never read the actual entry in the 40k rulebook and assume felinids can actually leave their homeworld
>>
File: 1422510866771.jpg (202KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1422510866771.jpg
202KB, 768x1024px
>>53773505
There are a lot of things that are not allowed to happen but still happen.
>>
>>53751637
Beastmen are furries, and are prosecuted as such.
Felinids are anime catgirls, and are not prosecuted but have not spread beyond Carlos McConnell.
>>53773452
greenstuff probably
gonna do a LOT of very fine modelling, gonna need to get some tools
and when I'm done nobody will be able to accuse me of being waac
>>
>>53773961
>are not prosecuted
The word you're looking for is "persecuted". And yes, abhumans are heavily persecuted in the Imperium. They're worse than second class citizens, and the more puritanical elements of imperial society have no qualms about treating them as they would mutants.

That said, if someone wants to make an army to their own tastes, I ain't gonna stop them.
>>
>>53774021
Yeah, there's nothing you can really do to stop me other than bring up the reality of modelling and painting 400 unique cat ears
>>
>>53773505
ITT: Morons like you who don't actually read the thread before posting.
>>
File: Sargent Clucky.jpg (98KB, 460x602px) Image search: [Google]
Sargent Clucky.jpg
98KB, 460x602px
>>
>>53737386
There was very old lore about beastmen Guard Regiments, so sure.
>>
>>53751897
How can an Ork - something biologically engineered to be strong and muscly, and use just about any food as efficiently as possible - be fat?
>>
>>53775061
They get fat and sickly if they don't fight. That one had been kept caged for a long time prior to dissection.
>>
>>53751637
>whacky themed chapters

Screw you, my cowboy Space Marines who use 'ancient, six-shot bolters' isn't whacky at all. It's perfectly thematic in the 40k universe.
>>
>>53775093
We have Space Vikings alongside Prussian Infantry and Samurai allready, so go on, Anon, its indeed fitting. Despite I think, a Cowboy Theme would suit a IG Regiment better.
>>
>>53765252
>>53765480
I supose that they would be able to populate a world that is similar to their home world, if one is ever found and if it is hostie to other humans, but that is not likely.
>>
>>53752046
>>53758881
>>53759897
>>53759912
>>53759924
>>53771566
>>53773871
Shit, Swat Kats having a planet in WH40k justifies all of the HERESY we got in this thread.
Metallikats are Necrodermis experiments gone wrong, Pastmaster is a Chaos Sorceror, Dr.Viper is a horrable mutant, the planet deals with enough shit to justify not having the population spread into other planets, this is just great.
Dangerously Furry, but great.
>>
>>53776498
Rogue Trader with a cowboy fetish
>>
>>53777167
the metallikats are literally just Men of Iron
>>
>>53759912
>>53777167
This makes too much godamn sense.

I could see the SWAT KATS universe fitting into 40k fairly easily
>>
>>53776498

Oddly enough, I could see it working for SOB. They have a heavier focus on pistols than marines do and paladin/white hat gunslinger slip together rather well.
>>
>>53777167
Hell the Enforcers alone acted like older 40k imperial guard.
>You send units to fight the villain of the week
>All get shot down
>Just send more of them
>They get shot down again
>Keep doing it until the SWAT KATs fix it
>>
>>53737386
>IG/Commissars
Probably not, the one thing that's clear from the pitiful amount of canon information is that they don't get out much. Though putting a felinid in charge of a bunch of Ratling scouts/snipers sounds fun, and ultimately it's your army and nobody's opinion really matters.
>Sisters of Battle
Minor orders and Hospitallers are a thing, and Felinids are loyal Imperial subjects who are *abhumans*, which are specifically not mutants. The possibility exists that they have some less than antagonistic interaction, but a full-fledged Felinid Sister? I doubt it.
>Preachers, Arbitrators, Scribes
Someone has to do the administrative jobs and ensure the planet remains stable and loyal, though it's likely kept in-species and such individuals would have limited authority outside their very narrow duties.
>High Lord of Terra
That's a thing that happens to twelve stupidly influential people at once. They're all going to be human just because those are the people who have an opportunity to amass that much influence and pull. While Felinids are sanctioned due to their stability, and clearly distinct from just being cat-like beastmen, they're still seen as "less than human" rather than "more".

One notable place you might conceivably see Felinids however is the Sisters of Silence, who have gone full circle and somehow give NEGATIVE fucks about the current Imperium and its rules. If they were to find a felinid with the Pariah Gene it'd be more a consideration of whether shaved cat ears look off-putting enough to bend their apparent grooming traditions.
>>
>>53777523
Metallikats were living things turned into machines, closer to the Necrons.
Now Zed is A.I. just like the Men of Iron, only more over powered.
>>
>>53737386
ITT closet homosexuals trying to force their jerk-off fantasy into ewerything popular
>>
>>53752480
>So what would an IG Felinid unit acutally look like, were GW to pull its thumb from its ass and actually create one?
Why would they? They are quarantined to an individual world, it is doubtful they even serve in the Imperial guard and certainly not to the same extent as Ratlings and Ogryn.

>Rules
Jesus christ this is a ton of shit for no apparent reason. They are abhumans from a single world, why are they getting so much good gear, why are do their sergeants have two wounds, and why give them a unique special rule that will almost never come into play?

Here is what I would do

Elites

Cost: 35 Points
Unit Size: 4+sergeant
WS: 3
BS: 3
S: 3
T: 3
I: 4
A: 1 (2 for sergeant)
W: 1
Ld: 6 (7 for Sergeant)
Armor Save: 5+ (flak)

Unit Type:
>Infantry
Wargear:
>Lasgun, CCW, frag grenades, krak grenades
Special Rules:
>Acute Senses, Fleet of Foot, Infiltrate, Move Through Cover, Scout
Options:
>Can add up to five additional felinids for +7 points per model
>Up to three non-sergeant models may replace their lasgun with a Sniper Rifle, Grenade Launcher, or Flamer (2, 5, 5 points each respectively)
>The Sergeant may add Melta Bombs for +5 points
>The entire unit may replace its lasguns with shotguns or laspistols

Essentially their purpose is to infiltrate and fulfill a specific role before dying, they aren't elites, they aren't natural snipers, they are natural infiltrators and since they are worthless abhumans they are given some cheap special weapons and sent to die accomplishing something.

Alternatively if you want to play up a feral aggression I would suggest the following changes
>WS 4
>2 attacks, 3 for sergeant
>Subflak Armour (6+ save)
>Furious charge
>50 points base
>10 points for each additional dude
They die easily but can hit dangerously hard
>>
>>53777770
Counterpoint: either they're standard IG with cat ears, or they have a useful specialty. If it's the latter, why would they be considered expendable when they're a subspecies you may never even SEE again, let alone get to command? You can always get more baseline humans if all of yours die, but felinids don't exactly grow on trees.

There's a pretty clear argument that if you ever saw a small felinid unit they'd be decently kitted and expected to survive at least a few missions.
>>
>>53777886
They are still abhumans and thus not as important as humans. Its like saying if we could use lions as effective soldiers, would we be willing to sacrifice human soldiers simply because lions are endangered?

Besides there are enough trained baseline humans and ratlings to make felinids partially redundant. The Imperium doesn't NEED felinids they could just use trained guardsmen, the reason to use felinids is that you don't need to train them or equip them to be specialist infiltrators. Beyond that felinids are quarantined to one planet if they were to see combat odds are they would be conscripted only for that one campaign meaning long term survivability doesn't matter.

Also think of well equipped IG units and the two that come to mind are veterans and storm troopers. Veterans have fought for years or decades to earn the right to carry multiple plasma guns per squad, hell they might have just looted it and have no actual sanctioning for such equipment. Storm troopers are the elite of the Imperial guard, trained from childhood to be the best soldiers possible. Felinids are just sneaky humans who aren't midgets.

What I would do if you want additional gear is give them SPECIALIST equipment. An example would be a ripper gun, it isn't expensive or complex but it is logical gear for an Ogryn to have. Maybe felinids could dual wield autopistols or have special lascarbines or poison CCWs or maybe anti-tank mines. But I cannot see the Imperial Guard giving abhumans camo cloaks and expensive special weapons. Remember the Imperium is racist and abhumans are barely considered people.
>>
lets all remember the most important factor here: the felinids have a covering of light fur

unfuckable
>>
>>53778085
>>53778085
>>53778085
>Felinids are humans who have had their genomes spliced with genetic sequences derived from various species of Terran felines, and they possess many felinoid traits, including a light covering of fur over their entire body, extended canine teeth and superhuman agility and grace.

>Homo sapiens hirsutus
>literally homo sapiens HAIRY

Waifu fags btfo
>>
>>53778085
>>53778142
Honestly now that I know all these neets latched onto felenids I cant wait to spread this information, usually I just ruint the bi yearly felenid thread with this info

>>53760387
This is the true face of your beloved cat eared guardettes
>>
>>53737782
>2nd
Then why were felinids never mentioned until like, 7th?
>>
>>53778164
That makes it even better.
>>
>>53741387
There is literally a setting bible for 40k, though.
>>
>>53778142
>cites a wiki page that itself uses no citation
>the only canon source gives us nothing aside from their existence, native planet, scientific and common names
Given that this is 40k they could be literally anything or nothing.
>>
>>53737386
>Is it true that Felinid abhumans can join the Imperial Guard and even become Commissars, Sisters of Battle, Preachers, Arbitrators, Scribes, etc, etc?
Guard - yes, if their planet has Guard tithe, which is likely. Commisars, Sisters of Battle - if they have schola progenium on their world, yes, which is unlikely. Preachers, Arbitrators, Scribes - most imperial planets have these and most are local, so there should be some for sure.
>Could a Felinid become a High Lord of Terra?
Statistically it shall not happen, because felinids live on 1 among 1 million worlds and high lords of terra stay on their position like 100 years and Imperium got 10k years more to live top.
>What makes them accepted when abhumans are so commonly despised?
This question implies they are accepted which has no lore proof as far as I know it. What lore suggests so far is that they are not worth of any attention on the galactic scale. So almost all of all of them stay on their home planet and only people who are to accept or despise them besides themselves are imperial adeptus stationed on their planet.
>>
File: chaos gods chart.png (19KB, 1389x795px) Image search: [Google]
chaos gods chart.png
19KB, 1389x795px
>>53778280
Btw, what do you guys think about nature of chaos gods? Tried to make a chart regarding their nature.
>>
>>53778085
>>53778142
>>53778164
If you think this is a problem you guys don't know what you messing with.
There are degenerates who will fuck real life animals and you think that a little bit of fur would stop furry degenerates.
>>
>>53771638
>>
>>53777694
>being this much of a fag

get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg
>>
>>53778280
You are acting as though the Imperium is some sort of egalitarian area where abhumans are fully accepted.
>Can felinids become guardsmen
Possibly, however since their world is under quarantine possibly not.
>Can they become SoB, Commissars, Storm Troopers
No, the Imperium hates abhumans and would never give them privileged positions.
>Can they become a high Lord of Terra
Definitely not
> What makes them accepted when abhumans are so commonly despised?
It is never mentioned that they are accepted. Hell even on /tg/ more people probably like Ogryn than felinids since at least Ogryn fans aren't all waifu fags.
>>
>>53777694
Space catgirls have been a staple of western sci-fi since the 1960s and nobody's forcing Felinids, they're already canon.
>>
>>53782897

Felinids are canon. Catgirls aren't. What you degenerates are forcing is the idea that Felinids=Catgirls when there's absolutely nothing concrete supporting that theory. Go jerk off on another board, 40K isn't for fapping to.
>>
>>53784210
Is there anything to support another theory, or completely disproving this theory?
>>
>>53784346

There's nothing EITHER way. There's no description of them (aside from the Homo Sapiens Hirstutus tag or however it was phrased), no official artwork, no nothing.

Insisting that they're catgirls is the hangup here. It's not that they COULDN'T be catgirls, it's that there's nothing to go on either way, and insisting that they MUST be catgirls is fucking stupid and fetish-tastic headcanon at best until more information is given.

The "Felinids=Catgirl" question shouldn't come back as "yes" or "no". It should come back as "null set" because there's no data. Everyone insisting that "Felinids=Catgirls" fails at basic critical thinking and rigor. If GW actually released more data that proved or disproved it either way, I wouldn't have an issue, regardless of the result. It's just that they haven't and people are projecting so hard there's going to be a worldwide shortage of bulbs.
>>
>>53784473
I've always taken the nod to "hirsute" to mean they're at least Swat Kats level furry, but like you said, indeterminate data set and I'm not gonna demand people go this way or that until we get some more lore.
>>
> Taking waifus too seriously
Stop making justifications for you fetishes. Now one will believe you just because you wrote an essay explaining why crippled SoB are given to guardsmen to be uses as a cum dumpster
>>
>>53784473
>it's that there's nothing to go on either way,

The name "Felinid" doesn't say "feline" to you?

I dunno man sounds like you're blinded by an irrational and unhealthy hatred for catgirls.
>>
>>53784703
>No one will believe you just because you wrote an essay explaining why crippled SoB are given to guardsmen to be uses as a cum dumpster
I want this.
>>
>>53784744
Dubs don't lie. Plus his post summed up everything I wanted to say to >>53784473 , too.
>>
>>53784784
>>53754184
Saddly that thread was invaded by autism and /pol/tards
We should try that again anyway.
There is an untaped potential for writefaggotry
>>
>>53784744
> Trying to justify magical realm bullshit
You're being blinded by your boner
>>
>>53785247
Shh. It's OK.
40k is a silly setting with lots of silly bullshit in it.

Your precious homoerotic supersoldier fantasies aren't any more silly for having catgirls off in a corner somewhere, you've already got weeaboo ninja elves and facepussy blue aliens running around and technosavant orangutangs pumping out wonders for space fop rogue traders.

Embrace it, like a bear hug from Brother Captain Gluteus Maximus.
>>
>>53784473
>There's nothing EITHER way.
Actually, the common name Felinid implies that they're distinctly cat-like, and are distinguishable from beastmen.

What kind of cat-person they are remains subject to individual interpretation, so shut your autistic ass up and let people fluff their armies however they want. It literally does not affect you in any way, shape, or form, and you admitted yourself that there's not enough information to say any individual interpretation is definitely wrong anyway.
>>
>Carlos McConnell turns out to be a beautiful diverse catgirl cornucopia with kemonomimi diplomats, mithra-esque civilians, Cat-beastmen, and enough speciation to justify every fanboy's bullshit interpretation simultaneously.
If this isn't your take you're part of the problem
>>
>>53785519
>It literally does not affect you in any way, shape, or form, and you admitted yourself that there's not enough information to say any individual interpretation is definitely wrong anyway.

If he, or I, or any sane person has to play one of you magical realm fuckers, it absolutely does affect us.
>>
File: 1478664133137.jpg (337KB, 934x900px) Image search: [Google]
1478664133137.jpg
337KB, 934x900px
>>53785689
>cat-beastmen
No. That is when the purging begins and the kittygirls die.
>>
>>53785689
kek
>>
>>53785369
I don't see any problem with magical realms but you can't expect anyone to accept them as valid canon
>>
>>53785729
If cat ears on a minifig is really that upsetting to you, I'd tend to say that's your problem and no one else's.
>>
File: Felinid.png (216KB, 932x484px) Image search: [Google]
Felinid.png
216KB, 932x484px
>>53785689
True canon
>>
>>53785844
They're one valid interpretation of the scant information available, and there's nothing that clearly contradicts that interpretation.

Why do you care so much what other people think and do with their own toy soldiers?
>>
>>53785844
The canon's all there, bro.
You're the only one with a stick up your ass about this.

If you want to get upset about cat ears in a setting where power-armored bondage nuns fight sexy stripper demons with chainsaw swords that's your business, but don't expect anyone to hate fun along with you.
>>
Why do lads portray these characters like the OP?
They're said to have a hirsuite, no?
That implies they're very hairy.
>>
>>53786092
>If you want to get upset about cat ears in a setting

Citation needed.

Show some official art or a canon description showing that they have cat ears.
>>
>>53786346
Show some that says otherwise.
>>
>>53786346
No.
I have no obligation to humor anti-fun autists every time they sperg out, that only encourages them.

Go hate fun somewhere else.
>>
>>53786465

The new /tg/, folks.

Person A makes a claim. ("X has Y physical feature")
Person B asks for proof showing that X in fact has Y physical feature.
Person A: "AUSTISM!"

For fucks sake, just admit that there is nothing canon proving they have ears (compared to, say a Space Marine having a progenoid gland), you're assigning them that feature because you want to, and that absolutely nothing except what you enjoy is backing that up.

Nobody even cares if it makes your dick hard, or whatever, but the fact you're unwilling to admit that there's no proof either way (which means, by definition, there's nothing supporting them having the ears) makes *you* the contemptible ones in this discussion, not the people who are asking for proof.
>>
>>53786816
I don't even know where to start with you.
>>
>>53786913
Maybe start with evidence?
>>
>>53786959
They're called Felinids. Evidence enough to assume they're feline, including feline ears.
>>
>>53786959

Fuck off autist. Nobody has to give proof of anything.
>>
File: reeee.jpg (35KB, 435x331px) Image search: [Google]
reeee.jpg
35KB, 435x331px
>>53786816
>no one agrees with my sperg ranting!
>better sperg harder until they see they are wrong

Here's your (you), add it to your collection
>>
>>53786999
>>53787000

A name is proof of nothing. You can call your self Biggus Dickus all you want, but that doesn't change the fact you need a magnifier mounted on your toilet to take a piss.

What you're calling proof is actually a 'supposition'. You're assuming that because they're called felinids that they have cat ears. They could just as easily have slit pupils and a tail. Or be extra-graceful and land on their feet when falling. Or lick themselves compulsively. All of those have equal weight to your assumption, that is, not a goddamn bit.
>>
>>53787046
Or barbed penises.
>>
>>53741056
SQUAD BROKEN!
>>
>>53787046
>A name is proof of nothing. You can call your self Biggus Dickus all you want,

You can call yourself whatever you want, it's what other people call yourself that's more important.

And you're the one so autistically obsessed with 'proof', not us. We say there's cat ears because there's nothing saying there isn't, and not much of anything really. And here you come, screeching and making a fool of yourself, because... autism and hatred for catgirls/ears? Trolling? Who knows.
>>
>>53787338
>and not much of anything really

The name "Felinid" is proof enough for me.
Ratlings are short hobbit people
Ogryns are huge ogre people
Felinids are sassy cat people

I like fun though, I can see how this point of view would be anathema to an autist.
>>
>>53787338
>It's what other people call you that's important.
WAAAGH! Effect is not real, I'd rather plant myself by what follows logically. X does not follow from Y. The guy you are arguing with is technically correct, the absence of lore negating cat ears on Felinids does not substantiate their existence.
At this point, ANY physical representation of a Felinid is going to take some creative liberties on part of the modeler.

Which brings me to my real point, Felinid threads are always heavy on daydreaming, short on action. The first guy to actually convert and display a Felinid regiment has waaaaay more clout than either of you.
>>
>>53787506
Shouldnt Ratlings have rat ears then?
>>
>>53787571
Hey, I'm just trying to get him to stop being a faggot with his anti-cat ear crusade.
>>
>>53787615
They already do in some of the art.
>>
>>53758387
>>53758397
>In the grim darkness of the far future, catgirls dual wield glock 17s
Totally grimdark
>>
File: 1301121236760.jpg (106KB, 1210x705px) Image search: [Google]
1301121236760.jpg
106KB, 1210x705px
>>53787884
As is good and proper
>>
File: joseph-goebbels.jpg (17KB, 371x423px) Image search: [Google]
joseph-goebbels.jpg
17KB, 371x423px
>>53784473
Just insist enough and it will become canon.

All we know is that Felinids are Abhumans with fur and terran feline features. They are not beastmen. They are not human. They are mostly isolated on their own planet.
No more info is available.

Now it all depends on which fetish wins the race. Which lie will become the truth.

I for one endorse the Swat Kats looks, it fits the description, it looks cool, can fit the 40k setting and follows the old 40k tradition of ripping off other settings.
>>
>>53784473
>>53784744
It's a duel of dubs.

Which kind of autism do you side with, too much imagination or no imagination at all.
>>
File: 003.jpg (354KB, 1600x1197px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
354KB, 1600x1197px
>>53785729
It would be so much fun to watch a faggot with a cat-girl army beat you while you cry to your mom that people are using non-canon miniatures.
>>
>>53790157
>I for one endorse the Swat Kats looks, it fits the description, it looks cool, can fit the 40k setting and follows the old 40k tradition of ripping off other settings.

For whatever it's worth, I'm >>53784473

Swat Kats in 40K would be goddamn awesome, and it's something that SHOULD get done.

I just have an issue with people insisting that something must be canon/true when there's no data at all to support it. I have to deal with quite enough of people who think like that (mostly marketing people) at work, thanks. The problem isn't the concept itself, in other words. It's just in the lack of data and people going all wish-fulfillment in the absence thereof.
>>
>>53790286
>I work in marketing

No wonder you're a no-fun shitheel.
>>
Next thread:

You can choose 1 and only 1 scenario:

-GW canonizes full-on catgirl fetish-fuel Felinids and lets them join the Guard/Commissariat/etc

-GW canonizes female space marines.
>>
>>53790321
First one.
>>
>>53790305

No I goddamn don't. That's the fucking point.

Marketing people have no ability to understand that what they wish something to be has no relevance to the fucking project data. If there's no fucking data on something, you don't just get to make it up and SAY that it's just as good as having data on it. It's a null set, and you fucking admit if you have the merest shred of intellectual honesty.
>>
>>53790321
>GW canonizes full-on catgirl fetish-fuel Felinids
>GW canonizes female space marines.
>>
>>53790356
The data in this thread is that you are a no-fun shitheel.
>>
>>53786280
Yeah, they probably do have a lot of hair.
But that is no problemo.
>>
>>53790445

>anon has no problem with the concept of cat girl felinids
>anon points out that they aren't canon without proof
>anon says it's dumb to call them canon since theres no proof
>anon is a no-fun shitheel for being fine with the concept but pointing out a fact

That about cover it? Something about glass houses and stones, >>53790445
>>
File: DeputyMayorOfMegacatCity.jpg (55KB, 463x465px) Image search: [Google]
DeputyMayorOfMegacatCity.jpg
55KB, 463x465px
>>53790286
You are bringing some heavy bagage into this silly discussion.
In your line of work taking action without the backing of solid data will cause loss of money, but here, nothing of value will be lost.

We are just talking about a nothing planet on a forgotten corner of the galaxy that happens to have a sub-species of humans that is called Felinids, the lack of data gives room for speculation and for the creation of head-canon, be it Swat Cats, Mithra or some Shirow Masamune bullshit.

There is no proof that they are anime cat-girls, Swat Cats furry or weird porn characters but filling the gaps is part of the appeal of WH40k. It's a huge galaxy with room for us to use our imagination and missing data is an invitation for us to come up with bullshit to fill the gaps.

You should not get upset about it, nothing we come up with is true anyway, it's just fanwork. And GW will never fluff this one insignificant planet anyway.
>>
>>53790916
This. So much this, everything I wanted to say but lacked the eloquence to.
>>
File: Naamloos-2[1].png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2[1].png
138KB, 350x350px
Sounds like my kind of planet.
>>
>>53791086
Carlooos!
>>
>>53790916
I'm a different fag, but I don't think the argument is about filling in the gaps or not. I think the argument is about whether or not there's a "right" or "wrong" way to do it, and taking that assumption for granted.

Felinids exist in, ironically, a schroedinger state of both having cat ears and not having cat ears until something canon breaks the uncertainty.
>>
I just came here for cat-eared soldiers.
>>
>>53790916
The fact that they are descried as having a hirsuite kinda kills the theory that they're anime catgirls. Or at least the type in the OP.
>>
File: Furry_Scale.jpg (68KB, 600x758px) Image search: [Google]
Furry_Scale.jpg
68KB, 600x758px
>>53792248
Yup, they are not 10% furry at all.
They could still be somewhat human, since they are not outright beastmen, but they are more furry than people would like to admit.
>>
File: x_4a2d5dac.jpg (48KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
x_4a2d5dac.jpg
48KB, 604x453px
>>53792745
Fie! My boner is undeterred.
>>
File: womanshaving.jpg (7KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
womanshaving.jpg
7KB, 183x275px
>>53792248
She shaves in order to avoid too much bullying.
>>
File: felinidguardo.jpg (125KB, 984x737px) Image search: [Google]
felinidguardo.jpg
125KB, 984x737px
>>
File: 536px-Catpack.jpg (46KB, 536x599px) Image search: [Google]
536px-Catpack.jpg
46KB, 536x599px
>>53737386
Wouldn't paratroopers make the most sense, cause cats lands allways on their feet?
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.