[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ore/ One Roll Engine General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 6hdr4.gif (2MB, 478x218px) Image search: [Google]
6hdr4.gif
2MB, 478x218px
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go Edition

This is a thread for discussing Monsters and Other Childish Things, Wild Talents, Reign and any other games built on Greg Stolze's One Roll Engine.

>***The System
Roll some d10s. Find matches. The number of matching dice is your Width. The number ON the dice is your Height. So a Set of [5,5,5] has a Width of 3 and a Height of 5, written as 3x5. That's it. Width and Height tell you a lot about your action, such as how fast it was, how strong it was, how precise it was, etc. Everything in the system is built around this fast, simple mechanic.

>***The Games

>Nemesis
A game about cosmic horror using the Madness system invented and popularized by Unknown Armies. It's available for free on ArcDream's website here: http://www.arcdream.com/pdf/Nemesis.pdf

>Godlike
Superhero roleplaying during World War II. Fight supersonic Nazis and invisible French knife maniacs in a brutal setting where you're equally likely to be killed by a mortar blast as from a supervillain.

>Wild Talents
The sequel to Godlike, blowing the doors of the system to let you create any superpower you can imagine. /tg's favorite ORE game.

>Monsters and Other Childish Things
You're a kid with an imaginary monster friend who's real, and you have adventures. Converts nicely to Jojo and Persona.

>Reign
High fantasy roleplaying in a crazy world that would need to have an entire post just about it.

>A Dirty World
Noir at its best. Relentlessly focused on character growth and psychology. A much lighter system than the others.

>Better Angels
You're a supervillain whose power comes from a contract with a demon. Try not to get dragged to hell.

>***Pastebin Archive
https://pastebin.com/WiT4BhFM
---A compendium of tips, advice, homebrews and other content assembled by /tg from /ore Generals past

>***This Thread
...converting MaOCT to play Persona & creating characters
...Wild Talents character and campaign discussion
...ORE homebrew and house rules
>>
File: PersOREna.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
PersOREna.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
Also just released is the complete first version of the MaOCT Persona mod. Let's make some characters!
>>
>>53730319
Just a suggestion, maybe you could add suggested powers or Extras to each of the Arcana like the random monster table has for its personalities and types. That would give some idea for what a Persona of the Tower would look like mechanically compared to one of Death, as an example.

Also, I'm guessing One More is being left out for balance reasons?
>>
Anons of ORE, if you were to run a Legends of the Five Rings Game, how hard do you think it would be to do it in ORE rather than its own system?
>>
>>53730295

Previous thread: >>53659544
>>
>>53730536
Hey I'm the guy compiling this thing; real busy this weekend, but wanted to chime in:

One-More, Hold Up and All Out Attacks will be in the game in a form that I hope will be balanced with the system. I'm working on the combat section next so that will be included.
>>
File: Star Platinum.png (553KB, 354x508px) Image search: [Google]
Star Platinum.png
553KB, 354x508px
>>53730295
>Wild Talents
How do you add miracles to a Sidekick? What's the cost formula?

Does a sidekick just have one number of dice that it uses for all its powers (and thus all powers add to the same per-die cost), or does it add powers separately like a player character?

Likewise, I want to make a sidekick that's especially strong and fast at punching people. I don't see a way to add a body stat or a brawling skill. What's a good way to represent that?

What should I do if I want my sidekick to have better perception than its user, or just perceive independently of the user's senses?
>>
>>53737172
Create powers as normal and then use the Attached -2 flaw.

While it's possible to come up with a whole character this way by attaching hyperstats and hyperskills to the sidekick you only need to go so far as to grab the things that are relevant. For example the power details how you can use the Attacks quality with the Power Capacity (Mass) Extra to give it the capability to interact with the physical world.

One thing that would be interesting to try is grabbing: Hyperstat with Variable Effect +4, Attached -2, If/Then (variable effect only for assigning stats) -1 and If/Then (stats assigned when sidekick summoned) -1 and a similar setup on Hyperskills. That plus a suite of appropriate powers could easily represent someone with a bunch of summons at their beck and call.
>>
>>53737309
That's good stuff, thanks!

One more thing: Does a sidekick get its own actions and turns in combat independent of its master, or does making a sidekick do stuff count as a character's action for the turn?
>>
>>53737589
Probably independent, but that depends on the conceit behind the power (a sidekick that represents a psychic projection inhabited by the user is different from a summoned demon for example). The fact that it has the Duration Extra on it is sufficient to let it run around under its own volition once it's up.
>>
>>53737745
This makes sense to me. I could probably get that one duration quality where it stays up as long as the PC wants, and then a condition where it dissipates when the PC loses consciousness or something.
>>
>>53739853
Endless plus an If/Then for the unconsciousness trigger will have the desired effect for the same cost as the base miracle.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.