[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Age of Sigmar General /AoSG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 37

WAAAGH! Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Skirmish
>https://mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>https://mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Question time
What was your first AoS purchase?
>>
wait people actually play that shit? i thought they invented this just to get rid of WHFB players from stores?
>>
File: 1387823448781.jpg (119KB, 339x392px) Image search: [Google]
1387823448781.jpg
119KB, 339x392px
>>53724921
Well, it was the 4th best selling miniature game in the US in 2016 and people are actually playing it. If you didn't notice there are aos generals every day on /tg/ for something like 2 years now. But nice try cheetahfag
>>
>>53724831
A Dragon Slayer, just after AoS dropped.

Was also my first Warhammer purchase.
>>
>>53724831
Are any of the warscroll/rulebooks worth it for the fluff? Im not very keen in the sigmar warriors but are the chaos books worth it for fluff?

Also which one should i pick up for the vanilla warriors of chaos?
>>
>>53725389
>Are any of the warscroll/rulebooks worth it for the fluff?
Warscrolls are just datasheets of AoS - unit stats and weapon list so there is no fluff on them
>are the chaos books worth it for fluff?
All Battletomes are on megalinks in resources. I'm not really into chaos but I liked the Pestilens battletome and Tzeentch one. The FEC one is probably the best IMO but it's death GA.
>Also which one should i pick up for the vanilla warriors of chaos?
Well, Slaves to Darkness are really good for their own and their start collecting has good value. You can mix them with everything chaos you want - I heard that they work pretty well with daemons
>>
>>53725434
Do slaves to darkness have their own battle tome? Cheers though. Ive started to come around to AoS.
>>
>>53724973
Not him, but I don't get this cheetah thing which has been all over 40k and AoS lately
>>
>>53725495
They do not have a battletome.
>>
>>53725532
Well damn. What Chaos Battle Tome gives a nice general bit of fluff for it in the new setting?
>>
>>53724831
>What was your first AoS purchase?
Seraphon Start Collecting
>>
Getting started Ironjawz
>>
>>53724831

The starter set.
>>
>>53725683
Blades of Khorne, Disciples of Tzeentch and Dominion of Chaos I believe
>>
Where are the actual core rules? In the Generals Handbook?
>>
>>53725889
Core rules are everywhere - https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/AoS-Rules-PDF-English
>>
>>53724831
A bunch of vintage flagellants. I used the pilgrimage of wrath battalion in the summer campaign. Then I switched to Ironjawz.
>>
File: spire-001.jpg (89KB, 1024x545px) Image search: [Google]
spire-001.jpg
89KB, 1024x545px
Is there anything mediocre at least what can I build with two Spire fo Dawn boxes? I thought about building an army around two Guardians of the Dawnspire Battalions with addaing 10 Spireguard per unit for rerolling hit rolls of 1 or left Spireguard units with 10 models per unit and adding two Skycutters

Allegiance: Order

Heroes
Archmage (120)
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
Archmage (120)
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
High Warden (220)
- General
- Trait: Reckless
- Artefact: Obstinate Blade
High Warden (220)
- Artefact: Relic Blade

Battleline
10 x Swordmasters (200)
- Eldritch Council Battleline
10 x Swordmasters (200)
- Eldritch Council Battleline
20 x Spireguard (240)
- Swifthawk Agents Battleline
20 x Spireguard (240)
- Swifthawk Agents Battleline
5 x Reavers (160)
5 x Reavers (160)

Battalions
Guardians of the Dawnspire (40)
Guardians of the Dawnspire (40)

Total: 1960/2000
>>
Anyone have a high quality copy of pic related?

The only one I can find has the OP text on it.
>>
>>53726319
Best one I have found
>>
>>53726414
Thanks! That's fine.
>>
>>53725526
It's some retard so insecure with his manhood he needs to invoke other beast's in order to feel a modicum of confidence upon posting or else he will break in hives and piss and shat himself when he clicks next.
>>
That question could've been answered by just searching GW's webstore . . .
>>
>>53724831
Start collecting Stormcasts. I know the 2-player set is better deal, but I despise the "easy" to construct models, and think the lord on dracoth is actually shit model.
>>
>>53726536
That makes sense. I can see that.

That is an adequate description of some people on this board.
>>
>>53725889
Website, generals handbook, various campaign books, the official Age of Sigmar book, every battletome except Kharadron Overlords.

TAKE YOUR PICK!
>>
Dead game dead thread
>>
>>53728870
it has been engulfed inside WH40k 8th edition hypestorm
i'll be having a tournament tomorrow though and get tabled because i can't into khorne
>>
What factions/subfactions do you think need fixing in GHB2?

Do you think there needs to be massive warscroll changes, or just a minor point adjustment?

If you were to make warscroll changes, what would they be? Which units do you think deserve it the most?
>>
>>53729027
I'm so fuckin tired of skaven being parted into dozen of subfactions and actually don't benefit from this at all.
>>
Are the Arkanaut Companies really the only battleline for Kharadon Overlords? Does limit it me a bit in terms of building a list if so.
>>
>>53724831
So, I tried getting into WhFB at one point, but never finished assembling everything from the starter set/reading the rulebook (it was a little overwhelming). It's got... elves and rat people in it. Now that they've changed to AoS, can I use those minis in th new game or is are those factions not in AoS?
>>
File: 1493320858441.png (872KB, 587x852px) Image search: [Google]
1493320858441.png
872KB, 587x852px
Trying to find an alternate model for a vampire lord on nightmare steed. Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>53729800
You can use them! Skaven and High Elves have rules. Though I think Skaven are more well supported in AoS. There hasn't been an Aelves release in over two years.
>>
>>53729881
Oh awesome! Thank you! I was worried since my googling didn't show any AoS products for them last I looked, thanks. I'll have to check that out.
>>
File: age-of-sigmar-spire-of-dawn.jpg (58KB, 395x487px) Image search: [Google]
age-of-sigmar-spire-of-dawn.jpg
58KB, 395x487px
>>53729800
Sure you can use them. I understand that you have bought an Island of Blood box? It was rereleased as a Spire of Dawn. As you can see here >>53726231 GW has added special battalions for both skaven and aelves in this box
>>
File: Apprentice.png (625KB, 900x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Apprentice.png
625KB, 900x1040px
>>53729800
>>53729919

Yeah I did a little searching and like this
>>53729931 anon said they rereleased it as the Spire of Dawn.

https://spikeybits.com/2016/12/new-rules-changes-to-island-of-blood-for-aos-spotted.html

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Age-of-Sigmar-Spire-of-Dawn-ENG

You can look in the above link for the new names of all the units and you can look up the warscrolls for them.
>>
>>53724831
When is the Generals Handbook 2 coming out? They really need to nerf Khorne to oblivion, seriously
>>
>>53729128
this, if you aren't going Skyre, you are fucked. Please GW, make skaven good again...
>>
>>53724831
>Implying people will still want to play this game when 40k 8th edition drops with better rules and balance

Warhammer is dead.
>>
>>53730471
PS: thanks for beta testing for us, fags.

PPS:no really, thank you
>>
>>53730471
Well, AoS was a beta-testing for 8e and now 8e will work as beta-testing for next generation of AoS
>>53730421
IMO in two months
>>
>>53730544

The quality race has begun!
>>
>>53730590
The anty-sniping rule in 8e is just a variation of AoS rules. Maybe we will see it in new core rules. Also I hope they will drop the first rule of one
>>
>>53729931
>>53730021
Thanks guys, that'll make things a lot easier for me. And yes, it was the Island of Blood (I just checked)
>>
>>53730660
No problem, feel free to ask about anything AoS-related. New players are the second most important thing right now after fucking death release
>>
>Vanguard Hunters or Judicators for Skirmish?
Playing against Khorne bloodbound
>>
>>53730442
Even skryre is just kept alive by like 2 units

Unfuck Skaven with a good Pestilens book, and then a huge update for skryre, followed by Moulder
>>
File: dothespoop.gif (365KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
dothespoop.gif
365KB, 400x300px
>>53730869
Ah I see you are a man of calcium as well.
>>
>>53731233
I'm a ___chaos___ player but for fuck's sake - we need some variety right now
>>
>>53731300
Agreed. I'd really like some soulblight models that aren't complete shit, or over 9000 dollars.

In my death army I've got 80 skeletons, some black knights, arkhan, necromancer, wight king. Trying to add some blood knights and a vampire lord on nightmare steed...Gunna use dragon princes for the blood knights with some headswaps and I'm trying to find an alternate model for the vampire lord...suppose I could just use moar dragon prince conversions...Or maybe they will come out with a death release soon(tm)
>>
>>53730421
wait whattt ?
is that ironic ?
>>
>>53730869
In that case, is there an easy way to learn the rules? Like a youtube walkthrough or cheat sheet or blog or something you guys would recommend?

And I've literally never had any idea where to start on figuring out the Wh40k/WhFB/AoS lore lol
>>
>>53731619
>n that case, is there an easy way to learn the rules?
They have only 4 pages but I understand that some wording can be not clear enough - especialy if english is not you first language. What I found very helpful was an AoS Primer. It costs something like 5$, has ~40 pages and a lot of useful stuff for newbies. Also it has an extra single Liberator model. Probably I have a pdf version somewhere, give me a moment
>>
>>53731619
Well, I fucked up. It is not called Primer but Getting started with. I don't see a pdf version in resources link so you probably have to go to your LGS and ask about it. As I said, it costs only ~5$
>>
>>53731757
>>53731938
I'll have to look into it then. I don't know why the rules always seemed so intimidating- maybe I just got a bad book (haven't looked in a while) or the guy who tried to explain it to me made it too complicated, but 4 pages isn't all that bad (or maybe AoS is just easier than the other two lol)
>>
>>53732297
It is easy but it's not just rolling dice tho. Most rules and strategy is based on unit abilities from unit's warscrolls. You don't need to fuck with 100 pages of rulebook - you just have to know your dudes
>>
>>53730631
God I hope they don't bring anti-sniping proper in Sigmar. Kunnin Rukk Just got a whole new level of brutal!
>>
File: RumourEngineMar22.jpg (119KB, 620x804px) Image search: [Google]
RumourEngineMar22.jpg
119KB, 620x804px
>>53726231
archmages bring nothing to the table to justify their points cost
phoenix guy hits like a girl and cant take a punch and is not worth his points cost
swordmasters are average on a good day but nothing to write home about
spire guard are terrible for the points they cost
reavers are okay but only because they fulfill battleline requirement and have high mobility

the whole spire of dawn box set is utterly worthless for elves in general.

Me I am looking forward to an actual elves release. I assume it'll have to happen eventually.
>>
>>53731572
not joking, Khorne really is OP, I'm guessing you play Khorne?
>>
>>53730972
Depending on the renown but vanguard
>>
Does anybody have the most upto date khorne book and the grand alliance death and chaos ones please?
>>
>>53730471
>implying anyone wants to play a game consisting only of space marines and chad marines.
So long xenos. even in the new worldwide campaign, you're just a footnote.
>>
>>53726319
>>53726414
whats the point in Khaos building forts if they don't even have infantry to shoot from atop the walls and hellcannons are no longer produced?
>>
File: 400px-Settra_Rules.jpg (28KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Settra_Rules.jpg
28KB, 400x513px
>>53724831
Soon
>>
>>53729556
They are, and not to much. At 120 points per unit they aren't going to fill up much of your army really.

Also, you have a choice of 3 special weapons for 3 of them, each with their own niche (melee, volume of shots, long ranged high AP damage) so you can sort of equip each unit with how you intend on using it.
>>
>>53734209
Power Projection
>>
>>53734017
>Does anybody have the most upto date khorne book
It's in the first resource megalink in OP pastebin as "Blades of Khorne"
>the grand alliance death and chaos ones
Noone has them in pdf/epub here, sorry mate
>>
>They release an army based around suicide bombing the enemy to death.
>>
>>53734363
Thanks

Damn the GA books are the ones I need mainly and I don't want to buy them just yet till I read up on a few things
>>
What is a good counter to Spider Grot Riders MW spam? Just having more cheap bodies than the other guy?
Did a 1000 point game today, even without any formation buffs, literally wiped 1/2-3/4 of my Dispossessed army just in MW in the first combat phase, and then lost most of the rest to battleshock. That shit's ridiculous.
>>
>>53735992
Even with a runepriests buff, you're not gonna be able to tank the mortal wounds, which is doubly bad for dwarfs since their main strength in combat is their durability. Your best bet is to take more ranged and shoot the little guys, and use your melee to tar pit the big ones.
>>
>>53724831
I'm holding out for a Wood Elves starter box. It's either going to be that or a box of Sisters of the Thorn.
>>
>>53730972
I played 2 games today for the start of our league (2 games per week). We started at 35 renown with a bonus point or two for buying shit in shop.

I started with Venator and two judicators, got a third judicator and ended with a paladin (deciding what kind)

When skirmish dropped i played Venator and hunters. Honestly, judicators do a better job, especially the prime with the special bow. They only have one attack, but it's accurate as hell and rends. They can't run and shoot, but they don't need it. The only advantage i could see is a hunter prime with astral compass for deployment shenanigans.

My second game ended in one turn when my opponent deployed half his force (ark company and khemist) right beside my Venator. This let me ignore the LOS limit on the first scenario... So I did the sensible thing and shot them all to hell and won in the shooting phase.

If there is any advice I can give to new players, it's this: be smart about your actions. Look up your opponents figures and see what they can do. Be wary about activations and don't group up. Mind you I've only played 8 games on scenario 1 and none others, so tactics will change as the scenario changes.
>>
File: list.jpg (58KB, 542x647px) Image search: [Google]
list.jpg
58KB, 542x647px
Any thoughts on this list or building Kharadon Overlords in general? Looking to start them up but don't want buy anything until I have a good idea of what I want to get.
>>
>>53733908
yep, and i keep getting tabled, even with the new blades of khorne
probably because i'm a scrub, but compared to ridiculous shit like tzeentch and sylvaneth
>>
>>53734711
The grand alliance books are mostly obsolete now and all the info in them is available for free (and up to date) on the gw website or in the aos app.
>>
my flgs hosted a skirmish tourament this weekend, it was lots of fun. Games are super punchy and quick.

Lord-Castallant
4 Liberators (swords and a Prime with grand-blade)
1 Judicator with Shockbolt Bow
1 Prosecutor with Trident

i want to fit a Paladin in there somehow, but i really like how tough this team is... thoughts?
>>
>>53734166
Nids, Orks, IG and Crons are the top tier now.

3/4 are Xenos
>>
I wish people played AoS in my area
>>
>>53734209
That's Varanspire. Archaon's own dimension/reality within the Realm of Chaos. Everything in it binds to his will. Who would be foolish enough to attack Archaon's own home?
>>
>>53741974
oh shit the next city over there is a group that does 3 nights a week of sigmar

but I would have to buy a car to get there, and it would still take me an 1.5 hours each way
>>
>>53737639
Most likely never coming. It is highly doubtful they will do start collecting boxes for old factions at this point.
Not if they don't give them a direct update like the Sylvaneth.
>>
>>53724831
I haven't purchased a shit! I had tones if skaven and high elves minis that I never used since playing 8th wh only twice a year was a pain in the ass: nearly impossible to master all those rules and enjoy a whole game. Ymmv.
I totally hate AoS fluff but its rules saved my gaming experience!
>>
>>53726231
Please forgive my utter ignorance.
Where did you find the Artifacts rules? GH?
>>
>>53724831
>First purchase
None, I had 2500 pts of High Elves of the old WHFB and just kept using them, maybe if the new aelves get release an their aesthetic still fits
>>
>>53740291
>or in the aos app
I want this meme to die. Only unit warscrolls are free on app - everything else is paid
>>
>>53742774
Yup
>>
File: Warriors_of_chaos.jpg (96KB, 640x455px) Image search: [Google]
Warriors_of_chaos.jpg
96KB, 640x455px
>>53724831
I know that Chaos has not been left in the dust by any means but I was much preferred towards the more neutral looking Chaos warriors like pic related.

I know there is the Slaves to Darkness PDF but do you think the good ole standard full plate Chaos Warriors are in any danger of getting chopped? Cause I have been strongly considering entering this hobby again on a skirmish level and one of my considerations was these chaps.
>>
>>53729027
Every legacy army needs a solid way to output mortals in this meta.

Bretonnia has the paladin, but he's inefficient and ineffective at doing it. So that's where I'd like to see change.
>>
>>53744165
>Saurus Knights only do it if they roll 6s to wound when charging
>Kroxigor has a chance to do it when rolling 6s to wound
>Terradons have a chance to do it, one per game
It hurts.
At least I can cast Arcane Bolt. Once per turn.
>>
>>53743977
Considering Archaon's everchosen kinda keep that vibe (with some demonic mutations since they're Archaon's best bois) I don't think so. But i'm uncertain of WHEN they'd get more models like that, though.
>>
What's the chance that GHBII will come with a rules shake up?
>>
>>53745180
Fairly low, it will probably just be a change in some point values. Heres hoping they nerf shooting a bit
>>
>>53734567
How quintessentially british of them!
>>
>>53742019
truly this shit system isnt worth 3hour drives just to play a game or two, if you're lucky
>>
File: 1395628641940.png (62KB, 226x290px) Image search: [Google]
1395628641940.png
62KB, 226x290px
What homebrew rules are you using? My group is usually using base-to-base measuring and sometimes we drop the first rule of one - you can attempt to successfully cast a spell as many times as many wizards you have but still you can cast each spell only once per turn
>>
>>53744514
>Seraphon
Of all the armies, you fuckers have the least right to complain about *anything*.
>>
>>53746357
- base-to-base measuring
- can shuffle around between models with the pile-in move as long as the enemy models are also in base-contact
- no sudden death
- fuck the mournghoul
>>
File: Butchers-Meathook.jpg (821KB, 1500x977px) Image search: [Google]
Butchers-Meathook.jpg
821KB, 1500x977px
What do you think about 3rd party models? Do you use any? I'm thinking about pic related as a female khorne hero
>>
Khul and Vandus are getting their own warscrolls and are being released outside the starter set.
>>
File: khorgorath.jpg (48KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
khorgorath.jpg
48KB, 600x400px
>>53748867
Separate khorgorath kit fuckin when
maybe we will see a new starter set along with GHB2 release?
>>
>>53749235
I hope. I can live with them releasing the Mighty Lord as Khul, and the Bloodsecrator and Bloodstoker as is. I just want a Khorgorath kit and a Fleshhound kit.
>>
>>53748245
Why use Meathook? Go for fillet or vet ox. Or hell, Boar would be awesome if you threw some demonic wings on him.

I think I'm of the group that is fine with converted models, just not wholly different ones. For example if you threw down any gb model and said "This is a hero of khorne" I'd be like wtf are you smoking. But with a little conversion, I think it could go well
>>
>>53748867
What is this a part of? What was round 1?
>>
>>53749235
Wasn't there a new set teased forever ago? It was still stormgolds vs PMS, but slightly cut down in size and presumably price?
>>
>>53749835
Round 1 is the starter set, it's a boxing joke.
>>
File: Skaven battle at Itza.jpg (143KB, 920x570px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven battle at Itza.jpg
143KB, 920x570px
>>53748867
>Two literally who starter set faggots
>Not a cool grudge match like Queek / Baelgar

Lord Skrolk versus Kroq-Gar rematch when?

Fucking ANY Seraphon V Pestilens when??

Gimme muh NotLustria realm GW
>>
>>53750065
Away with your cancelled shitty characters and should-be-cancelled factions.
>>
>>53750089
Those characters and the conflict they took part in shall live on forever and echo into AoS more than you'll admit. The fact GW tried to shoehorn both Skaven/Lizards into AoS early praying the popularity of either would bolster Aos as a whole is proof of this. same with Flesh eaters and Beastclaw to varied success

Admittedly, Ironjawz is an AoS-exlusive army release done correctly. But on the flipside, Fyreslayers are the posterchild of fuckups and how not to release an army
>>
>>53750236
>Admittedly, Ironjawz is an AoS-exlusive army release done correctly. But on the flipside, Fyreslayers are the posterchild of fuckups and how not to release an army
I still can't believe they didn't release a start collecting box for squatmarines
>>
>>53750065
>Two literally who.
>Top bossman of the posterboys.
>Top bossman of the khornbeboys.
>Two of the most featured guys in the lore.

Anon, plz.
>>
>>53750291
>Forcing them into every artwork, book+poster =/= Popularity among the community
>>
Alright y'all, I need help. Posted in wip but didn't have a pic so the request drowned.

Inspired by wonder woman, a friend pointed out how the knight Venator, without wings, looks like one of the Amazons performing a Shield! jump or some other maneuver. Always looking to stick out, I'd love to kitbash a female Venator of some kind.

The problem is what female torso and head could be used?

Also what would y'all say if I took sisters of silence and made them in to female Liberators? Maybe magnetized to use swords or judicators with the boltstorm crossbows (of which I have bits aplenty).
>>
File: BringerOfTheWord.png (67KB, 239x192px) Image search: [Google]
BringerOfTheWord.png
67KB, 239x192px
>Play Skirmish
>This 1 point model kills the entire enemy warband in 1 hero phase
>>
>>53751369
Woah shit at that aparthied swastika, wtf skavies?
>>
>>53752177
They are called plague monks for a reason mate
>>
>>53750539
Vandus is a good character, I like how terrified he is of reforging.
>>
File: bestrace.jpg (363KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
bestrace.jpg
363KB, 600x900px
I'm going to be using some Dragon Princes of caledor for blood knights. Anyone got any suggestions on some cool headswaps for them?
>>
>>53751369
>Sylvaneth
>Branchwych releases spites over everyones faces. There are no survivors.

At least she can't be killed by a single bullet.
>>
>>53744165
Dispossessed player. I agree with this so much.
>>53744514
At least you have casting

Dwarfs get...Flame Cannon (OOP), Anvil of Doom (OOP), Gyrocopters 1/game on a 4+, Bombers 1/turn, if they flew over a unit. Ironbreakers/drakes 1/game throw 1 grenade if you give it to them. I think that's....really it. There really is no MW generation in a dispossessed army.
>>
>>53724831
the virulent horde
I ended up buying a second one and a Start collecting clan Pestilens.
>>
>>53754061
I'm using the orignal heads. But you could go for some dark eldar helions or dark elves corsair?
>>
>>53724831
so are skaven good? every game i played with mine they seem good.
But idk if its because skaven are good or because my opponents suck.
also i see two tzeentch players haven't played against them any tips?
>>
>>53750089
salty at one of the best factions.
cry some more
>>
>>53754260
My knight Venator says otherwise. Have done it 3 times now.
>>
>Try to paint a flaming cloak
>it just looks like ketchup and mustard

Fml
>>
>>53746533
>- fuck the mournghoul
this
>>
File: yous.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
yous.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>53755013
I play dark eldar in 40k and have a ton of hellion bits lying around. Good idea anon!
>>
>>53746357
Testing out some 40k rules like

>If you have an enemy unit within 3" you must target that unit with missile weapons
>Heroes can't be shot unless they are the closest unit or within 12" (behemoths and flyers can be targeted normally)
>>
File: peach baby.png (2MB, 1437x1080px) Image search: [Google]
peach baby.png
2MB, 1437x1080px
>tfw you get major victories in every match and have highest total game score for the tournament but you lose 1st place because painting score
>>
Do you have to lay for the gryph hound the lord veritant brings with him via his Bound In Service ability? Applying to both skirmish and normal aos
>>
>>53755604
Grey tide?

Also every tournament I've been a part of as long as your shit was painted to 3 color minimum everyone got points for it....best painted army is a separate catagory entirely.
>>
blimey those sigmar marines are ugly
>>
I'm trying to get into AoS from WHFB, and have made a 1500 pt list with the army builder . Can I get some input?

Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- General
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Chaos Glaives
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Chaos Glaives
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (100)
- Axes & Shield
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
1 x Chaos Warshrine (200)
Ruinbringer Warband (80)

Total: 1500/1500
>>
How do people feel about playing AoS with the new 40k rules?

There seems to be very little that wouldn't apply, and at the very least the 40k Battleplans/Missions would add a lot more variety.
>>
>>53757267
i was actually really into 40k before shadow war dropped after shadow war i lost alot of my interest in 40k and now that i moved to a place that has a big AoS scene i'm more annoyed by the release of 8th. but to answer your question i don't think it can work.
>>
>>53757267
I think it would take an enormous amount of effort to convert all the units to 40k 8th edition, but that generally it would work fine and generally be an improvement over current AoS, since 8th is basically just AoS without the bad ideas that didn't work.
>>
>>53757267
I would actually prefer to stick with the AoS rules.

40k 8e is a disaster when it comes to list building unless you use power levels, but lets be real: everyone will want exact points even for casual pickup games
>>
>>53757156
Marauder horsemen are garbage. And I'd suggest trying to get some tzaagors if you're goin' full tzeench
>>
>>53757156
I've been out of the loop for a while now but it used to be marks of chaos were chosen during deployment instead of during list building
>>
>>53759068
They're chosen during either
>>
>>53759073
even before in many cases it was obvious which marks were going to be selected, but that list was all generic chaos units, so they could switch each game if they felt there was an advantage in doing so. If I remember correctly the khorne warshrine bonus is kind of just ok, and I don't remember the slaanesh or nurgle bonuses.

I really need to get caught up. If I've been living under a rock for the past 7 months what can I read to get up to speed on things? Did the old scroll builder get shut down by the GW legal team?
>>
>>53759099
GW has their own now so yes
>>
>>53759065
I wanted to have a mostly mounted army, and if I get rid of the marauder horsemen I lose the ruinbringer warband bonuses.

How about a chariot instead? Are they any good?
>>
Coming next week for Age of Sigmar, priced at the same point as the Start Collecting sets:

Thunder and Blood contains miniatures, rules, scenery and painting information in one box and makes the perfect starter set to begin playing Warhammer Age of Sigmar. The box contains 44 Easy to Build miniatures from the Warhammer Age of Sigmar boxed game (80-01) supplied in red and gold plastic, a reversible tray used as scenery and carton play mat. It also includes a painting guide, the core rules, 4 battle plans, 8 war scrolls, as well as dice a range rule paper gaming mat and a scenery piece allowing you to get started straight away.

Also, Korghos Khul and Bloodsecrator in one box and Vandus Hammerhand in another, £25 a piece.
>>
>>53759122
You could try to squeeze those tzaagors on discs. They're pretty good from what I hear
>>
>>53759284
Nice!
>>
>>53724973
Has someone got a vid of Old Grumblers in real gameplay?
>>
>>53759284
While I appreciate getting another warscroll for my SC, it's weird that Khorgos Khul should get a mini (in a way) without there being a separate MLoK model.
>>
>>53759470
All MLoK are Khul Cosplayers and when they see him they all go: "notice me senpai!!"
>>
>>53755604
Well this is a hobby with a game attached you doughnut
>>
>>53756304
I had everything painted to a table top standard

Painting hard scores are bullshit
>>
>>53760070
>>53755604
did you ask for feedback from the painting judges? usually they are good with that.
>>
>>53760131
Judge. Singular. It was the TO.

I knew the other army was painted better but I didnt know it would effect the final scores as much as it did
>>
Post your dudes Anons! Show off your awesome armies!
>>
>new rules for Khorgus Khul and Vandus Hammerhand incoming

Praise Sigmar
>>
>>53760163
I know someone who had a similar thing happen to her. She is undefeated in our local area and it was her first tournament. I painted all her models to a decent tabletop standard but nothing fancy. Anyways, she won every game but didn't get first place because "painting". Whatever, she didn't care because she is still undefeated.
>>
File: painting for fun.jpg (972KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
painting for fun.jpg
972KB, 2560x1440px
>>53760238
>>
>>53741292
Nids are absolutely not top tier in 8th edition, they're middling at best and half their units are still useless.
>>
>>53759284
Finally a Khorne and Stormcast box.
>>
File: GHB2Wishlist.pdf (41KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
GHB2Wishlist.pdf
41KB, 1x1px
Updated my wishlist for GHB 2.0

Let me know what you think

Notable changes:
Some shooting rule changes to add more strategic options and stop people from spamming shooting units
Kunnin Rukk nerfed
Aetherstrike nerfed significantly
Seraphon buffed slightly
Destruction allegiance retooled
Battle Brew and Talisman of Protection nerfed
Ironjawz buffed slightly
Thundertusks have to roll to hit
Skyfires cost more
Kurnoths cost more, but Tree/Spite revenants have 2 wounds
Stormfiends can only equip Warpfire on 1 in 3 models
Sayl can only cast his spell on SLAVES TO DARKNESS instead of any unit

These would be in addition to the changes GW previewed earlier this year.

I know some people are going to hate the Destruction changes but I think they are necessary.

I don't think my changes to Seraphon will make them too powerful; it would just bring them in line with other post-WHFB armies. They are mostly on units that are overcosted (Carnosaur, Kroxigor, Battalions) and lack functionality (Skink Handlers, Engine of the Gods).
>>
>>53761998
Can we get a reversal of "the shattering" and return the elves to their three compendium alignments? The new mini factions are garbage.
>>
>>53761998

>I play Seraphon and want everyone else to be bad
>>
>>53762474
I havent played Seraphon in a tournament setting since 2016
They're pretty mid/low tier in competitive games, especially since most tournaments ban Vortex and the ability to interact with the turn order dice roll.

Otherwise I think I justified my changes to them already in my first post. Do you have any specific talking points? Do you think the seraphon battalions, carnosaurs, and kroxigors are costed appropriately?
>>
>>53760898
Sorceress looks SO much better with this hair color. Well done, anon!
>>
File: 1486963087386.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1486963087386.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>53762580
she fits in with everyone else
>>
File: Arkanaut1.png (1MB, 1306x735px) Image search: [Google]
Arkanaut1.png
1MB, 1306x735px
>>53760238
Less an army, more of the most recent thing I finished painting.

I am slow and keep getting half way through one unit then I change to a new one.
>>
What is with all the new battle tones with actual rules in them? Are armies that use just the GHB and warscrolls still viable in casual games?
>>
>>53762673
scythes > swords
>>
>>53763136
Yes

Tomb Kings are one of the best armies in the game and they will never get a battletome
>>
>>53763458
paint gate
>>
File: Cannon and crew WIP.jpg (44KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
Cannon and crew WIP.jpg
44KB, 960x576px
>>53760238
Working on a cannon and crew for Dispossessed.
>>
What is a good way to make a budget 1000 pts Sylvaneth army? I thought about buying 2x SC! box for my gf but I know nothing about plantoids desu
>>
>>53764052
>square bases
>>
>>53764052
Damn the dwarfs still look good to this day
>>
>>53764566
Not this Anon but will I be treated as pariah if using square bases? I find them being better than round ones aesthetic-wise
>>
>>53764793
Most people dont care

Some people do

More and more tournaments each year require round bases, the trend will only continue
>>
are wanderers dead as a product or will GW release new wood aelfs?
are sylvaneth their replacement?
>>
>>53764913
Honestly we have no idea

I dont see them getting rid of the Wanderers, but its anyones guess when theyll see an update

If they were going to cut the line they would have done when they removed tomb kings/bretonnia
>>
>>53761998
aetherstrike and kunnin rukk just need to be gotten rid of.
>>
>>53765021
ok, think'll wait and see what happens before buying anything
>>
>>53765097
Youll be waiting a long time. Years, most likely.
>>
>>53754061
Spite revenant heads
>>
>>53765124
T_T
well then, i'll just play another game, lazy britbongs
anyway, thanks for the info
>>
>>53755208
That thing looked like bacon man :p
>>
>>53764913
Not dead for sure. GW just needs some (lot of) time to think about the way mortals live and act in the Mortal Realms. That's why most of the battletomes nowadays are about "wariors of eternal war existing just for battle". Theese are easy to write, because they interract with other societies simply by fighting. On the other hand, it's really hard to sculp character of, for example, darkling coven. What do they think about the Sigmar's war? Why do they fight besides him (or not)? What kind of societies do they have?
And you should work out all the mortal fractions at the same time, because they all interract and all have motives, beliefs, etc. A colossal work to be done, and GW is working hard for sure. Just give them some time, fellow wanderer.
>>
>>53764289
2 wyches an ancient, dryads, spites, kurnoths, and gnarlroot+household is a competitive form of a 1k list.

2x dryads, durthu, wych, and a treelord is a 1k starter box list. But probably isn't super good.

Sylvaneth isn't a cheap army unless you have access to wyldwoods without buying them yourself.
>>
>>53765375
We are not playing at GW store and LGS emperor is usually okay with proxing stuff if you are not using salami slices. We can always use the LGS's ones if noone would be using them at the moment
>>
>>53765375
my friend borrows the LGS wyldwoods for tournaments since the organizers are actually strict about using the specific sylvaneth wyldood model
i think it's total BS to be honest, but whatever
>>53764289
if she is not going into tournaments just make her some woods with epoxy putty and some branches and/or artificial vegetation you can buy at hobby lobby and the like
>>
File: Hompage3SlotSkirmish.png (79KB, 168x230px) Image search: [Google]
Hompage3SlotSkirmish.png
79KB, 168x230px
Is someone working on skirmish warband builder? GW should add this option to list builder
>>
>>53765586
Skirmish warbands are so simple I don't really see why you need a builder, one point cost per mini and you can take any options on the warscroll (as long as it's legal per the warscroll... so only 1 leader per unit etc), so there's nothing to really keep track of other than one point score for each unit you're taking.
>>
>>53765801
Well, it would be handy to have a builder so you can make and share your list without using paper/digital version of Skirmish. Also an option to update it and follow the expansion of warband between matches would be nice
>>
>>53765958
i agree, might get be cool
>>
>>53765375
Also
>2x dryads, durthu, wych, and a treelord is a 1k starter box list. But probably isn't super good.
If it isn't an auto-lose army then I'm okay with that. We are going to play mainly vanilla games and casual 1k tournaments. Also she will surely grab a box of spites and kurnoths in future to use them in Skirmish
>>
>>53765586
how hard could it possibly be to swap the reference code from one file location to another? That and pare down list of selectable options to correspond with those in the Skirmish book but even that wouldn't be too hard.

anyone else think that they released skirmish to give people something to justify their half complete AOS army people can, presumably, move onto 8th without so much guilt holding them back?

I think so, this board is the deadest ive ever seen it.
>>
>>53755604
Wher's that image from?
>>
>>53756813
Ok, we don't care.
>>
File: 534.png (326KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
534.png
326KB, 903x713px
>>53766207
Well, it's sad how easy it would be to bring some life to AoS again
>Death release
>Aelves and Skaven battletomes
>Death vs Destruction starter set
>More warbands boxes so they would work like 40k Armoured Assault boxes
That's all - it's a release plan for a fuckin year and they would please something like 90% of player-base. I'm not even a Death/Dest. player

>>53766399
Samurai Jack. You have to be 18+ to post here mate
>>
>>53766496
I'm not even a Death/Dest. player and I would be happy as fuck*
>>
>>53724831
Some of the local players seemed interested in Skirmish despite being total warmahorde grogs and considering the fact that i have skaven and lizards that haven't seen the light of day in a few years i figured this is as good as any reason to dust them off, I was just wondering what are the differences between normal (General's Handbook) AoS and Skirmish
>>
>>53766710
Different point costs and you don't play with big units - every single model is treated like a separate unit so you don't run a blob of 10 clanrats but 10 separate rats. Also there are some changes in battleshock system
>>
>>53766789
Ah gotcha. Seems like more elite units would be the way to go then
>>
>>53766900
specifically 1 unit champion from as many types of elite units as you can cram in your list is the best way to do it.
>>
>>53766900
Its hard to take elites in starter armies because of the cost of generals. They're also less efficient than troops usually. 8 wounds of Khorgorath cost as much as 16 wounds of plague monks. He'll kill them individually no problem but would probably die fighting 10 of them at once.
>>
>>53766963
Wait...you can do that? Just take unit champs
>>
>>53766995
Yeah but only one per scroll
>>53766994
>Its hard to take elites in starter armies because of the cost of generals
25 rnwn is such a bullshit imo. 35 would be perfect as a starter limit
>>
>>53766994
I guess that depends on what were calling "elites"
>>53766995
yep, the first model from a unit type you take in your skirmish list can be a "unit champion" for that unit type. You can not take more than one unit champion of each unit type though.
>>
>>53765328
I know. It's awful. I'm so ashamed. In person you can see the yellow and orange a lot more so it legit looks like a burger accident
>>
>>53767151
Post it mate
>>
>>53765586
I think everyone here can add up to 50 and make sure to include one hero. I don't see the need for a warband builder.
>>
>>53733908
Yes totally op, thats why they have one non character shooting unit, one type of unreliable arcane bolt replacement, and movement slow across the board with units that get outshined by their equivalents.

The only thing khorne has going for it is buffs in melee. If you think your faction should be better than the faction that is ENTIRELY melee focused, go do some freeform roleplay, you should enjoy the measuring contests more there.
>>
>>53740060
Hes an idiot or talking about waac/cheese khorne with max bloodsecrators, neither of which apply to normal players.
>>
>>53767448
wrong thread mate
>>
I only just started looking into AoS recently, and I've got to ask, does any actually do "Open Play"? I can't wrap my head around how "just use whatever you want" is suppose to work in a competitive game.
>>
>>53767609
>I can't wrap my head around how "just use whatever you want" is suppose to work in a competitive game
It's not used for competitive play - at list I have never seen anyone playing it competitive. It's mainly used for casual games like SC! vs SC! etc.
>>
>>53767609
Open Play is not competitive

Matched Play is competitive
>>
>>53767640
>>53767654
But even in a casual game with a friend is still competitive in the sense that you're both trying to win. As opposed to like an RPG where the GM can use whatever monsters they want because defeated the players isn't their goal.
>>
>>53767985
Well, for me everything that is not tournament is casual and non-competitive. You just have to adapt to your opponent. It's like playing mtg against someone with a weaker deck than your - you just have to switch some cards and play again to balance it
>>
>>53767985
>like an RPG where the GM can use whatever monsters they want because defeated the players isn't their goal.

Narrative is probably the best use of open play.
>>
File: Skaven_Clanrat_Slaves_Slingers.jpg (50KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven_Clanrat_Slaves_Slingers.jpg
50KB, 873x627px
How to add some shots into skaven army? Are slaves with slings even a thing?
>>
>>53769380
>How to add some shots into skaven army?
Look at clan skryre
>>
>>53769380
Take-slam warpjuice shots? They-it are very good-best.
>>
File: WDJune17PreviewCover.jpg (116KB, 695x950px) Image search: [Google]
WDJune17PreviewCover.jpg
116KB, 695x950px
So they are going to give us only a single article, aren't they?
>>
How good is the fluff in this battle tome? Is it 99% Archaon and his wacky zany adventures or is there a nice briefing over the current Chaos armies?
>>
>>53764566
Tell you what, when GW updates the kits and/or in-store provides me round bases for free with each old box purchase, I will rebase.

Until then, I'm not spending money on bases and no one cares.
>>
>>53772029
Buy Call of Archaon instead if you want fluffy adventures
>>
File: 1406684231546.png (147KB, 304x301px) Image search: [Google]
1406684231546.png
147KB, 304x301px
>>53773035
I should have been clearer. I'd prefer a bit of Archaon with a good chunk of general Chaos army fluff than just Archaon. But thank you for the suggestion.
>>
File: IMG_20170612_192506.jpg (943KB, 2936x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170612_192506.jpg
943KB, 2936x1280px
>>53760238
I'm going to start painting up my grey seer on foot tomorrow
>>
>>53772982
China Ebay stores. Bases are dirt cheap.
>>
>>53772982

Even then, why would you want to re-base? With squares you can play every game under the sun (and they look old school cool).
>>
File: received_654762471381581.jpg (140KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
received_654762471381581.jpg
140KB, 1080x1920px
>>53767175
>>
>>53773305
with a brown wash or two it could probably be passable fur
>>
>>53773305
That is definitely bacon.

>>53773511
Do this.
>>
>>53773305
What model is that anyway?
>>
>>53773511
Nah. Don't want it to be fur lol. It's supposed to be flame or shit. It's getting changed lol. It's awful.
>>
>>53774189
Lord aquilor. It's going to be either a headless horseman of one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse all g with palladors
>>
>>53774198
It might look decent with a yellow or orange wash to blend the colors more then a dry brush with white
>>53774212
Cool
>>
>>53774224
Maybe. I may try it. I think I was trying too hard to wet blend, is all. But I'll do that and see how it goes. It's thin enough that I'll just paint black back over it.
>>
>>53773305
im sure the warhammer youtube channel had painting guide to paint fire on a sword i guess you could try it here? just on a bigger scale
>>
>finally bit the bullet

I bought one of the 50 quid starter boxes for AOS, went with flesh eater courts, as the models are sick. Originally hated the very concept of AOS, but willing to at least try it now.

Luckily i'm in notts so shouldn't be to hard to get a game.
>>
>>53773305
up you're contrast, darker in the recesses and brighter on the edges, looks to bland like someone put ketchup on runny cheese
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.