[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Room General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: game_den.jpg (631KB, 1796x2732px) Image search: [Google]
game_den.jpg
631KB, 1796x2732px
So the wife and I are going to be buying a house sometime next year, and we are already shopping around houses to get an idea of what we are looking for.

One thing is we are making sure our house will get a game room. I have a dream of a rectangular room (preferably in a basement to keep cool during hot summers) where I can line the walls with shelves and book cases (for books, boxes, minis, and terrain) and in the very center will be a standard 4'x6' game table.

I already have plans to build a table to be double layered, so you can store your minis case/extra minis underneath the top of the table, and the surface will have a 1" lip around it to curb dice rolling.

So I ask you, fellow anons, what would you consider a reasonable space surrounding a game table to play comfortably? I know I will most likely not get the exact layout pictured, but it's a practice to determine what minimum dimensions will I need for a game room.

For example, using pictured, if (x) is say 3 feet, then my game room would need to be minimum 12 feet by 15 feet.

Also, I would like to hear your thoughts on what you guys would like for a game room, or if you already have it, describe yours. Pictures welcome. MSPaint diagrams would be awesome too.
>>
>>53721118
Where are you going to be living

Depending on the climate, storing your books in the basement might be a bad idea.
>>
>>53721260
Pretty dry, actually. Idaho, USA to be more specific.

I guess I hadn't thought of that actually. Do you think it would be ok?
>>
It all honestly comes down to the game you're playing. My dad has a table he built for LOTR / SW Armada and Bolt Action, but when he wants to bust out Black Powder he has to grab the fold up tables and add an extension.
>>
>>53721329
Probably about as dry as Montana and I have no mold, no mildew and no problem storing books in my basement.
>>
>>53721370
This is why I am opting for a standard 4x6 table. Most of my games I play will be using the full 4x6, or 4x4, in which case having an extra foot on either side helps for storing stuff. But 4x6 is about as big as I will go. If I want to do really huge apocalypse type games, I'll just go to the LGS where they have accomodations for that.

>>53721388
I'm a little bit farther south than montana, so it's not as dry, but it's still pretty dry. Mold issues are almost nonexistent here, so there's that.
>>
>>53721425
Also do yourself a favor and take into account the people you play with, I know I've a guy I play with who's a good 6'4" and about 3 hundred or so pounds, so a anything smaller than say, 3 feet of clearance may become frustrating. Also I base all of my tables (although I do not have a gaming table YET, workbenches though!) off of the height of my kitchen counters.
>>
>>53721450
That's a good thing to take into account. I would hope I can get a room with at least 5' clearance, but it may not happen. I am thinking 3' would be the absolute minimum though. I will mostly be playing at home with my brother (short and skinny) and a bff who isn't really that big. There are a couple 'big' guys that i consider bros at the gaming store, but playing with them in my house may be few occurrences. Then my kids of course.

But table height I am thinking of a little shorter than kitchen counters, so it's easier to reach across. Would 30" be too short?
>>
Bump. Anybody got a gaming room? Anybody know what they want in one?
>>
Measured the distance from the wall to my table, it's 4' at minimum. While it's sufficient 6' would be noticeably nicer.
>>
>>53723794
Interesting. Would you consider yourself a big guy, or average size?
>>
>>53721118
Optimally, the size of a chair plus 1.5 ft. Standing around gets old fast and having space for a chair is a luxury well worth the investment.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.